Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Parker Posey is a DL worthy villainess Dr.Smith in ”Lost In Space”...

The rebooted series is abysmal but Parker Posey is a deliciously warped and disturbing character worth watching. She definitely didn’t age well, looks like a frau that flailed out of a psych ward, and reminds me of a pushy dyke I worked with years ago. You can tell she’s evil from the scene with her obnoxious sister.

The dad in the series looks like a Chelsea met head.

by Anonymousreply 55April 25, 2018 3:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 14, 2018 10:03 AM

The mom in this is pathetic. I couldn't get through 3 episodes before I bailed.

by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2018 10:19 AM

Why in the hell did they remake this? There was already a shitty remake and it was a FLOP

Hollywood is full of useless, unoriginal morons. Who the fuck finances shit like this? Honestly, who puts money up for shit like this?

by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2018 11:06 AM

Mom has a stick up her ass and needs to fuck her husband and quit being so controlling. The middle daughter is annoying.

Parker is wonderfully sociopathic in this. Almost sympathetic and has moments of caring but manipulative an self-serving.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2018 1:35 AM

Parker makes it worth watching. She’s terrific.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2018 3:56 AM

[quote]She definitely didn’t age well...

Actually, I think she looks fabulous. Her character is supposed to be a nutjob, hence the crazy hair, terrible wardrobe and non-existent make-up.

Parker Posey has chosen to age NATURALLY... no fillers or Botox or surgeries. So, she looks exactly like an actress her age should look -- natural, not synthetic -- which is a refreshing change. Same goes for Molly Parker, who's playing Maureen Robinson.

And Posey is fantastic in this role. Deceptive and manipulative, but with just the tiniest shred of humanity peeking through from time to time to allow audiences fleeting moments of sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2018 4:31 PM

I love Parker Posey as Dr. Smith in this. She’s one frayed thread away from being totally unhinged. Her moments of humanity make her real while her nuttiness and psychopathy make her fun.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2018 4:36 PM

Love her in this.

Hate the mother and the daughters. Will is okay. When did Toby Stephens become such a stud?

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2018 4:37 PM

[quote] Mom has a stick up her ass and needs to fuck her husband and quit being so controlling. The middle daughter is annoying.

You've exactly described the characters in the original, too.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2018 4:40 PM

Does Maureen get to constantly say, "Oh John, you can't--it's much too dangerous!"?

Does Judy get to say things like, "Dr. Smith, stop... you're hurting the Robot's feelings!"?

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2018 4:41 PM

I got halfway through the second episode and gave up. It's awful.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2018 4:44 PM

[quote]When did Toby Stephens become such a stud?

He was quite a hottie and a stud in Black Sails for years. His Captain Flint was bisexual but unfortunately ***SPOILER*** they killed his love interest Rupert Penry-Jones way too early in the show. I've yet to watch the final season so no idea if he got any gay action in it but I doubt it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2018 4:46 PM

Parker Posey’s large, tangled, unkempt mane is a character of its own in this.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2018 4:50 PM

Thoby Stephen is really hot in this. I am surprised he's so good looking in such an unusual way. It is really strange to think of his mother Maggie Smith watching this to be a good mother: "Sweetheart, I just loved it when you told off that Robot."

Molly Parker is very appealing as Maureen. I thought I would have trouble getting used to an adopted black Judy, but the actress who plays her is very good-it's clear that she's fully in the family.

The special effects are excellent. I'm glad they're going for the approach of the first few episodes of the series and treating it as very serious and scary, though the writers must be so tempted to work in classic campy LIS dialogue, like "Clattering clown! Blundering bucket of bolts!" or Vegetable Replicant Judy's "I said, I don't want any salad!"

by Anonymousreply 14April 16, 2018 5:19 AM

More talk of this please

by Anonymousreply 15April 17, 2018 2:02 AM

You should have stuck with it. Gets much better. Don West is HOT. The kid who plays Will is a fantastic actor and a very cute kid.

by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2018 5:20 AM

How could Parker ever top her signature performance on Will and Grace?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2018 5:28 AM

"Parker Posey has chosen to age NATURALLY... no fillers or Botox or surgeries."

Is this shade?

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2018 5:32 AM

As much as Dr Zachary Smith was a big part of the original series, maybe it’s best they didn’t recreate the awkward dynamic with the kid, intentional or not.

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2018 5:32 AM

No, Dr Smith was a flaming homosexul NOT a woman. The substitution of a woman for an effeminate man is insulting and should not be tolerated.

by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2018 5:35 AM

I think Posey is doing Emmy caliber work here (not that she's ever be nominated). In each of her scenes there's so many conflicting thoughts going on. She's playing a crazy person trying to reign it in expertly.

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2018 5:47 AM

The kids are all terrific actors. Where on earth did they find them? Penny is GREAT and so is Will. Don West is smoking hot! So is John robinson.

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2018 5:53 AM

A couple of nights ago I watched Toby Stephens as one of the group in another British remake of "And Then There Were None" (Ten Little Indians PC revision into Ten Little Soldiers). Familiar face but I couldn't quite pin him as Captain Flint until I checked IMDB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2018 6:02 AM

She’s really good in this. Actually, all the actors are good; it’s the show around them that isn’t up to snuff.

by Anonymousreply 24April 23, 2018 6:48 AM

It's a beautiful, fun, fantastic series with great realistic flawed characters, quite possibly the best looking tv series ever filmed. Breathtaking special effects. Yes the robot is sexy weird as that sounds. But Toby and Ignacio and the Indian actor are hot as he'll. Toby is stiffy inducing when he talks or head that penetrating stare. Ignore the hating unhappy trolls. It is a fun series, and s big improvement on the mess Jonathan Harris created. He should have been tossed out of Hollywood for ruining a potentially great old series with his horrible gay stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2018 11:15 AM

[quote] His Captain Flint was bisexual but unfortunately ***SPOILER*** they killed his love interest Rupert Penry-Jones way too early in the show. I've yet to watch the final season so no idea if he got any gay action in it but I doubt it.

You should watch the final season. Captain Flint gets his happy ending.

by Anonymousreply 26April 23, 2018 11:35 AM

The character Posey plays is great. The same character played by a man? Aaaaawkward!

by Anonymousreply 27April 23, 2018 11:39 AM

Don West (ignacio) is my dream man. Mama like.

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2018 3:27 AM

I liked it too. It was kind of kiddy and some awkward pacing and acting but overall it was fun. Lots of hot men to gawk at. And Parker Posey was so great. When she offed her sister and did that little move, "Just fall over already!" Hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2018 3:48 AM

For those who gave up on the show, you made a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2018 4:27 AM

Gets better and better each episode. LOVING IT!

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2018 5:53 AM

[quote] "I liked it too. It was kind of kiddy and some awkward pacing and acting but overall it was fun. Lots of hot men to gawk at. And Parker Posey was so great. When she offed her sister and did that little move, "Just fall over already!" Hysterical."

R29, it was an ironic, understatedly-comic scene, but watch the end of that scene again. June leaves her sister Jessica---alive---and tied up in the foyer of her home as she walks out of Jessica's house with her car keys. June certainly could have killed Jessica, but didn't. The hurt and hate were there in her, but it wasn't in "Dr. Smith's" character to kill family. I think that moments like this make her seem even more conflicted and the most interesting character in the whole show. And she has a heart. She adores Will, but in a non-creepy, non-Johnathan-Harris way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2018 6:24 AM

O'Pee, what is this "Chelsea met head" of which you squeak?

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2018 6:32 AM

OH thanks r32. I misremembered that bit about the sister.

I agree about Parker's Dr. Smith. All kind of pathos going on in her portrayal. The way she frumps around in her baggy wardrobe and watches intently as people speak. You can see her cataloging other characters emotions and actions for future weaponization.

I've always liked Molly Parker too. She's a little uptight in this, but she is always watchable to me.

by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2018 11:24 AM

It was awful, from beginning to end. Barely formed yet still unlikable characters doing incredibly stupid things in order to further the barely existent plot. Parker Posey was wasted in a role that required her to do no more than narrow her eyes inscrutably from time to time. The little boy was a total ham who teared up in all his scenes, whether it made sense for him to do so or not. The mom was kind of a bitch and the dad was kind of a mouthbreather. The other survivors were a racially diverse group of ciphers who inexplicably do not kill off the Robinson family the first chance they get.

by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2018 11:53 AM

I love the casting of Parker in this role. Perfect way to update the character. Dr. Smith started as a sinister character so this is in keeping with the original series. But Parker being who she is also naturally brings a camp element which opens this part up to eventually possibly adding the comic relief that Jonathan Harris' interpretation finally morphed into. Perfect nod to the original.

by Anonymousreply 36April 24, 2018 12:24 PM

My R35 full of hatred and sadness! Why even look at this site since you hate the show and obviously yourself. Hopefully you won't drive a van down a sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 37April 24, 2018 4:09 PM

I didn't like your favorite spaceship show, r37. It doesn't mean I'm full of hatred and sadness, nor does it increase the likelihood that I will attempt mass murder through a terrorist act. You don't sound well, dear. No one sane or normal would make such huge leaps in logic. Perhaps communicating with voices other than the ones in your head is too taxing for you.

by Anonymousreply 38April 24, 2018 6:04 PM

R38 why t f are you on a site about a show you have an unnatural hatred for? Go eat a bag of Doritos in the garage and leave normal, happy people to post.

by Anonymousreply 39April 24, 2018 6:11 PM

r39, you may have to up your meds, dear. You're clearly very confused. This is not a site about your favorite spaceship show and there's nothing remotely "unnatural" about expressing some critical thoughts about it in a discussion people are having about it.

Having said that, I've enjoyed our little talks. Your histrionic behavior, while clearly unhealthy, is nonetheless quite hilarious to watch.

by Anonymousreply 40April 24, 2018 6:20 PM

R35 hates the show so much she watched it from beginning to end.

Coocoo! Coocoo!

by Anonymousreply 41April 24, 2018 6:26 PM

r41 has little contact with actual human beings and thus considers it utterly insane that someone would watch one season of a TV show and then come to a conclusion about it after watching it.

It's not, dear. You're just socially retarded and unhealthily protective of your own opinions.

by Anonymousreply 42April 24, 2018 6:44 PM

On behalf of all of the normal people on here, let me address the troll with severe mental issues. You all know her. She is the one who hates everyone and everything. She has had very little sex in her life. She is clearly lower middle class, drives a ten year old car, and has never traveled anywhere except maybe Disney world. She has no friends and is perpetually bitter and sad. She thinks using big words to insult others makes her seem bright. Finally, bewildering to all, is why she haunts a thread that praises a fun show she fervently hates. Yes, it is R42. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 43April 25, 2018 12:56 AM

I love the kids who plays Will. What a great young actor. Just wow.

by Anonymousreply 44April 25, 2018 2:46 AM

All 3 kids do a very good job. I like Penny and her humor. Judy is great and has a talent for looking at things differently to solve problems. When there are dangerous situations, the kids exhibit extraordinary acting ability.

by Anonymousreply 45April 25, 2018 2:51 AM

I caught some of the original when it was on MeTV. Not a good show, but Bill Mummy was a natural. Very likable in the role in an era where child actors on adventure shows could be very obnoxious. Will is obviously a key role for the series to work - good to hear the remake has a good actor for the role.

by Anonymousreply 46April 25, 2018 2:55 AM

Here she is in a friends shop in Newport RI a couple years ago. They were shooting a film in the city and she just popped into the store.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 25, 2018 3:16 AM

So many of the haters here (and elsewhere) probably have not seen the original series since they were kids and too nostalgic about it. Overall, the show was crap. The characters were two-dimensional, the stories repetitious and absurd, the science ludicrously ignorant. Maybe it's nice that you remember the show with fondness, through your childhood wonder and maybe your pubescent libido but you really can't compare the old show to the new one. The reaction some of you are having is like someone pissed on your grandmother. Show some perspective.

by Anonymousreply 48April 25, 2018 4:15 AM

Ignacio Serricchio as "Don West" is his own kind of hottie and his character's a charming douche. But he's no Mark Goddard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 25, 2018 5:22 AM

the new Don West:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 25, 2018 5:23 AM

[quote]On behalf of all of the normal people on here, let me address the troll with severe mental issues. You all know her. She is the one who hates everyone and everything. She has had very little sex in her life. She is clearly lower middle class, drives a ten year old car, and has never traveled anywhere except maybe Disney world. She has no friends and is perpetually bitter and sad. She thinks using big words to insult others makes her seem bright. Finally, bewildering to all, is why she haunts a thread that praises a fun show she fervently hates. Yes, it is [R42]. Sad.

LOL. I can't even imagine being this mentally damaged. I criticized a TV show in a thread about said TV show and you've spent the better part of two days melting down over it and attacking me for it. I'm sorry you have nothing going on in your life and clearly have little social contact with other people, but that's not reason to lose your dignity over a simple difference of opinion, dear. Go outside. Get some fresh air. Talk to someone.

by Anonymousreply 51April 25, 2018 12:10 PM

R51 the truth hurts! Ha ha ha ha....such a PATHTIC sad lonely hateful loser, negative and whiny about life. Either find or buy a dick. You will feel better.

by Anonymousreply 52April 25, 2018 1:24 PM

Let's all laugh at r51 some more!

What kind of IDIOT devotes 10 hours of their sad life to a TV show that repulses them and then makes multiple negative posts on a thread discussing the show? And now you're trying to convince everyone how sane you are?

Hahaha!!!

by Anonymousreply 53April 25, 2018 1:45 PM

Can you two get your own thread? This is embarrassing for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 54April 25, 2018 1:49 PM

Girls, girls... just picture yourselves sandwiched between Ignacio Serricchio and Toby Stephens and you'll both feel better.

by Anonymousreply 55April 25, 2018 3:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!