Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Gays and Tennis part 25

Miami finals! Then we're off to begin the clay season!

by Anonymousreply 600April 28, 2018 9:31 PM

lmao after the first set Sloane's coach told her to "secure the bag" I never thought I'd hear that on a tennis court but love it!

by Anonymousreply 1March 31, 2018 6:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 31, 2018 6:18 PM

R1, I thought the same thing — a great moment!

by Anonymousreply 3March 31, 2018 6:18 PM

Where is the link to the previous thread, OP?

by Anonymousreply 4March 31, 2018 6:22 PM

R4 here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 31, 2018 6:23 PM

Responding to something from the old thread:

[quote] Isner won't make our top 10 for sure, but would any of really object to having him as our next door neighbor who always walks around shirtless, often washing his car?

No, we would not. And he probably is in my top ten for tennis players at least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 31, 2018 6:25 PM

It's interesting-Ostapenko has a very flat forehand but doesn't like hitting balls that bounce up high on that side. Now I'm far from a pro (I'm about 4.5 level-wise) but I also have a flat forehand. I like hitting shoulder-height balls on that side though and find it to be pretty easy. Not sure why Ostapenko can't handle those.

by Anonymousreply 7March 31, 2018 6:27 PM

wow Sloane wins and is now a perfect 6-0 in finals.

She also has now won at least 1 title every year since 2015.

2015: DC

2016: Auckland, Acapulco, Charleston

2017: USO

2018: Miami +...

by Anonymousreply 8March 31, 2018 6:45 PM

the next challenge for Sloane is to see if she can keep momentum going for a change. She has lost her next match after winning her first 5 titles, sometimes more than 1 match (like her 8 match losing streak after the USO). I hope she doesn't pull out of Charleston and gets at least 1 win there.

by Anonymousreply 9March 31, 2018 6:46 PM

Sloane doesn't buckle under pressure

by Anonymousreply 10March 31, 2018 6:47 PM

James Blake has done a great job as tournament director. I loved the moment he had for the Parkland students too

by Anonymousreply 11March 31, 2018 6:51 PM

I love James too.

He dumped on Woz though. Said nobody at the tournament heard any of the abuse she said she suffered from in her match with Puig.

by Anonymousreply 12March 31, 2018 7:05 PM

Have we discussed the Djoko-Agassi split?

by Anonymousreply 13March 31, 2018 7:07 PM

I still think Djokovic needs to gain more weight. They say he gained 10 pounds between when we last saw him in 2017 and January 2018 but it doesn't show much. He needs to get physically stronger. I think in the last several years, his body became seen as THE body that male tennis players should strive for which is a mistake.

Agassi was never that skinny. He was average for the first half of his career and then very fit in the second half. His trainer was also used by Verdasco when Verdasco reached that AO SF and hit the top 10 in 2009 and 2010.

I can see Djokovic and Agassi disagreeing on a lot. Agassi was a lot more proactive in points while Djokovic is a grinder.

by Anonymousreply 14March 31, 2018 7:13 PM

We have talked about Zverev possibly linking up with Lendl but has anyone noticed he has hired Murray's old trainer? I think that's a step in the right direction too. Now, Brad Gilbert is overlooked a lot but he deserves credit for getting Murray into lifting weights. Then Murray hired that trainer who took him to a new level of fitness several years ago. Zverev would do well to follow that example.

by Anonymousreply 15March 31, 2018 7:16 PM

I don't think this will end well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 31, 2018 7:43 PM

Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole DelPo

by Anonymousreply 17March 31, 2018 8:02 PM

Love Sloane. Congrats to her!

by Anonymousreply 18March 31, 2018 9:21 PM

Charleston and Monterrey main draws are out.

Muguruza really has no excuse not to win Monterrey.

The Charleston field has a lot of the younger top players. Ostapenko withdrew and not is defending her finalist points.

by Anonymousreply 19March 31, 2018 9:21 PM

Those Bryan brothers can double team me anytime. Are they as straight laced as they seem?

by Anonymousreply 20March 31, 2018 9:32 PM

^ yes, both married to Barbies

by Anonymousreply 21March 31, 2018 9:33 PM

Djokovic never seemed particularly mentally stable in general (not referring to game mentality) and seems to have gotten more fringe-y as time has gone on. But it's quiet kind of crazy that you just see the edges of...

From the last thread: PCB's honker doesn't bother me in the least. It suits his face Isner is kinda like a all-American fratboy fantasy - not my thing but nothing most people would kick out of bed.

"Republicunts" coarsens the discourse, but I'll add anti-poor, anti-education, anti-science, anti-gun regulation, regulation-hypocrites to the list. I mean, that's just factual. Never has a party been so wrong on so much. Anyone voting for them, including sports people are either misguided or malevolent.

Isner quibbles about how football players protest racism while James Blake is tackled by police in a hotel lobby.

by Anonymousreply 22March 31, 2018 9:37 PM

I really do hear you R22, but as a black man, I don't think being against the mode of protest is so bad necessarily, if you are least acknowledging the reasons why the protests exist as in the first place. I think it's a notable distinction.

I do NOT agree that kneeling during the anthem is wrong, I myself refused to say the anthem on principle often enough in school and got in trouble for it. But I understand how it can offend some people's sense of patriotism. I just don't think that comes close to trumping our right to protest. I think the real problem are people who were attacking the both the kneeling the BLM & assorted causes directly. Isner explicitly says that is not what he is trying to do

by Anonymousreply 23March 31, 2018 9:45 PM

Thanks for the pics, Zverev doesnt seem to mind sgowing his pink undies!

by Anonymousreply 24April 1, 2018 12:49 AM

Sloane is a very nice young lady. She definitely has a very Madison Ave appeal. She's very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 25April 1, 2018 2:58 AM

Nole!

by Anonymousreply 26April 1, 2018 4:40 AM

Which NextGen players do we think might be gay?

by Anonymousreply 27April 1, 2018 4:49 PM

I really would have guessed Taylor Fritz had he not become a daddy. He pinged to me when I first saw him interviewed.

by Anonymousreply 28April 1, 2018 4:51 PM

Happy for Sloane but I kind of started to like Ostapenko, not sure why? Can someone tell me why I like her?

by Anonymousreply 29April 1, 2018 5:33 PM

lol they both were choking in the tiebreak. Zverev was able to close. It is a bit windy. Zverev still isn't playing his best. Isner's backhand is such an ugly shot. He stiff arms it the way Roddick and a lot of other forehand-dominant players do.

by Anonymousreply 30April 1, 2018 6:10 PM

Isner is a fucking idiot. He deserves to lose.

by Anonymousreply 31April 1, 2018 6:12 PM

I am surprised Isner puts so much out there via Twitter...I hate his game but he just broke Zverev. I can't believe he is gassed mid 2nd set. He had a day off. I hope he loses.

by Anonymousreply 32April 1, 2018 6:45 PM

This match is crazy. Two amazing points in a row

by Anonymousreply 33April 1, 2018 6:53 PM

Zverev lost his focus at the end of the 2nd. I think he thought it was automatic he'd win since he took the first. He really botched his serving game at 4-4.

by Anonymousreply 34April 1, 2018 6:54 PM

He was generally serving well this set R34. That was his only point of consistently bad service this match. I agree he came into the second set a little too cocky

by Anonymousreply 35April 1, 2018 6:55 PM

Last few points of the 2nd were unreal!

by Anonymousreply 36April 1, 2018 6:58 PM

Where's Marcelo? The stalkers have gone quiet.

by Anonymousreply 37April 1, 2018 6:58 PM

Hope Zverev wins.

by Anonymousreply 38April 1, 2018 7:02 PM

Rooting for Isner. Second game of the third set was his best service all match

by Anonymousreply 39April 1, 2018 7:03 PM

Zverev has played him before and won so he should know not to leave loopy, hanging balls to Isner's forehand. Pound his backhand and make him run. Don't hit to his forehand when he can just set up and swing away.

by Anonymousreply 40April 1, 2018 7:09 PM

And Isner botches two easy points yet again. He’s an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 41April 1, 2018 7:10 PM

Intense deuce

by Anonymousreply 42April 1, 2018 7:10 PM

How did Isner "botch easy points"? One of the times he hit it out there review showed the ball less than a finger width away from the line

by Anonymousreply 43April 1, 2018 7:11 PM

He didn’t need to hit it that close to the line to win the point.

by Anonymousreply 44April 1, 2018 7:15 PM

Zverev is hitting all his backhands cross court. When your opponent is trying to hit forehands from the backhand side like Isner is, that leaves open the down-the-line backhand which Zverev normally loves. Maybe he just doesn't like wind. Still, he's playing stupidly right now

by Anonymousreply 45April 1, 2018 7:17 PM

Three break points for Isner! Three lost points for Isner!

by Anonymousreply 46April 1, 2018 7:19 PM

HUGE third set

by Anonymousreply 47April 1, 2018 7:20 PM

Correction - It was four lost break points for Isner. He gets stupid when it matters.

by Anonymousreply 48April 1, 2018 7:21 PM

I want Zverev to win so he can thank Marcelo in his speech

by Anonymousreply 49April 1, 2018 7:23 PM

Isner can rely on his serve to get him out of trouble when he needs it

by Anonymousreply 50April 1, 2018 7:27 PM

too many sprayed forehands from Zverev. His movement is his most impressive attribute today. His tactics and consistency aren't there.

by Anonymousreply 51April 1, 2018 7:33 PM

Credit to Isner for getting the break. For once, he kept his cool.

by Anonymousreply 52April 1, 2018 7:37 PM

again terrible play from Zverev. He keeps hoping Isner is going to miss instead of forcing the issue. Then Zverev misses. I don't get his game plan today

by Anonymousreply 53April 1, 2018 7:38 PM

Isner with the crucial break!!! Serving for match!

by Anonymousreply 54April 1, 2018 7:38 PM

Really, Zverev deserves to be criticized and made fun of for the way he played this match. He basically played right into Isner's hands.

Isner winning a masters is a new low for the ATP. Without the top 4, this has happened as the younger guys haven't elevated their games enough.

by Anonymousreply 55April 1, 2018 7:40 PM

The Racist Isner won

by Anonymousreply 56April 1, 2018 7:40 PM

Even Sock has a more respectable game than Isner. All the people bashing the WTA can eat crow now. Isner winning such a big title is a hilarious joke.

by Anonymousreply 57April 1, 2018 7:41 PM

Zvereva deserved to lose. To play like a pusher against Isner? To refuse to hit backhands down the line?

by Anonymousreply 58April 1, 2018 7:42 PM

WOOOO Go Team America!! I thought it was a great match. Zverev's only weak point was his serve as I saw it he played well. Isner was serving near his peak and had some insane forehands.

by Anonymousreply 59April 1, 2018 7:42 PM

He signed the camera he "He is risen" I love it but I know it will cause some criticism

by Anonymousreply 60April 1, 2018 7:44 PM

R59 you didn't pay attention then. Zverev had too many errors, didn't hit hardly any down-the-line backhands even when the space was open and tried to counter punch against Isner. Way too many shots in Isner's strike zone so he could just flatten forehands. Sure there were some great points but mostly this match was poorly played on Zverev's part. If his coach told him to play this way, he should be fired immediately

by Anonymousreply 61April 1, 2018 7:44 PM

R60 yes Isner isi a typical republicunt nutjob. You're cheering for someone who votes against the rights and interests of everyone who's not white, male, heterosexual, rich and xtian

by Anonymousreply 62April 1, 2018 7:46 PM

Zverev had faults but they didn't seem excessive to me. It's not like I was expecting Federer level play. I agree he wasn't being aggressive enough but I'd hardly call his performance poor.

by Anonymousreply 63April 1, 2018 7:46 PM

tennis twitter, this thread and the boards melt down every time Isner wins

by Anonymousreply 64April 1, 2018 7:47 PM

R56, I don’t think Isner is racist. I think he’s simple minded and unsophisticated about the world. He tries to have it all ways and he can’t. Congrats to him for winning.

Ultimately, smarter, better human beings have had bigger careers. And those people will continue to be the legendary representatives of tennis.

by Anonymousreply 65April 1, 2018 7:48 PM

I'm a black Christian, I don't think saying "He is Risen" makes you a nutjob and I don't think Isner is racist. I don't agree with his politics but I don't agree with the politics of some of my closest friends, I definitely can tolerate my favorite tennis players having different views lol

by Anonymousreply 66April 1, 2018 7:48 PM

R65 true but it's a real shame someone like Isner has now won a masters and then you have intelligent, liberal James Blake who never did. Blake did reach a slam sf once but his titles were all medium and small.

by Anonymousreply 67April 1, 2018 7:50 PM

He's a white guy from Georgia who's main hobbies are fishing and sports. Can you really be surprised about his political opinions?

by Anonymousreply 68April 1, 2018 7:53 PM

Winning tournaments is about mastery of the sport not rewarding people for being liberal. I love Blake and would cheer for him just as hard but Isner (and Zverev) have played amazingly and Isner earned this win. This was serving at Big 4 levels

by Anonymousreply 69April 1, 2018 7:53 PM

Serena thanked Jehovah after wining majors

by Anonymousreply 70April 1, 2018 7:55 PM

Isner said James hosted him for months when he moved to Florida. Clearly he doesn't share the views of some here that Isner is awful because of his republican views

by Anonymousreply 71April 1, 2018 7:56 PM

Actually Blake never got to slam semi. Played a couple great great quarters at usopen but never won them.

by Anonymousreply 72April 1, 2018 7:57 PM

Tennis is NOW DEAD according to twitter. Isner murdered the sport.

by Anonymousreply 73April 1, 2018 7:58 PM

Yes. As we’ve noted, Isner detests football players for protest the unfair treatment of black men by police even though his gracious host, James Blake, was tackled and roughed up by police for walking down the street while being half-black.

by Anonymousreply 74April 1, 2018 8:01 PM

Reporting back for Marcelo watch duty: Maybe Marcelo needed to be there...stupid Davis Cup practice (and his award) getting in the way, haha...and yes, I was hoping for a Marcelo mention if he had won...but it may not have happened with Marcelo not actually sitting there.

Seriously though, Sascha played alright...not as well as the past couple of matches, but still a lot better than even the first match in Miami.

I liked their speeches, and I am sure Sascha will get over this. He has taken a little pressure off himself with this tournament at least.

by Anonymousreply 75April 1, 2018 8:13 PM

Isner said Sascha had "the most amazing team" that keeps in the right place. Did he mean Marcelo?

by Anonymousreply 76April 1, 2018 8:15 PM

I dislike Isner mainly because I hate his game. I hate a serverbot, but give Isner a bit of credit because he had some nice winners. The fact that Isner is a vocal Trump supporter and Republicunt just adds to my penchant to root against him.

by Anonymousreply 77April 1, 2018 8:17 PM

I don;t like Isner's game style or any servebots but he played the more aggressive game and Sascha preferred too often to wait for Isner's mistakes.

Isner has maybe the best serve of all time. And Nadal for instance has been highly complimentary of him in the past saying John should've been ranked higher and won more. But his return is atrocious and that's what's held him back.

by Anonymousreply 78April 1, 2018 8:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 1, 2018 8:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 1, 2018 8:33 PM

Isner deserved to win. Sascha was pushing the ball in the 3rd, as others have said, and afraid to take the BH down the line. WTF? He waited for Isner to melt, and Isner didn't.

by Anonymousreply 81April 1, 2018 9:18 PM

wow first time since 2001 when no Europeans won IW or Miami

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 1, 2018 9:28 PM

Disappointed in the result, but Isner definitely deserved the win. Sports talent and looks and being a wonderful person don't always go hand-in-hand (coughFederercough) but it's fun to cheer against non-wonderful people, just as it's fun to cheer for cute and/or deserving people.

by Anonymousreply 83April 1, 2018 10:03 PM

I don't mind servebots, there is beauty in a perfect unreturnable serve. And in being able to hit it consistently. Venus used to be my favorite player.

And I re:isner I would just add that he showed way more nuance and understanding of the people kneeling, even though he thought it was wrong, than any of you are showing towards him being a republican. Never a good look to say anyone without my world view and opinions is completely awful, whether it comes from priests, deplorables, or even democrats. Learn to disagree in peace

by Anonymousreply 84April 1, 2018 10:10 PM

“Any of you”? Oh please, R84. You’re generalizing in the same way you’re wrongly accusing everyone else of generalizing.

PS - Didn’t Isner tweet “Pathetic” in response to the football protests? Hardly graceful disagreement. Sure, he tried to clean it up after that. Bravo to him.

by Anonymousreply 85April 1, 2018 10:19 PM

Isner is trash. Not sure why a couple posters on here like him.

by Anonymousreply 86April 1, 2018 10:21 PM

back to tennis, queens

by Anonymousreply 87April 1, 2018 10:22 PM

He said the kneeling was pathetic. He said at the time that he understood their message. He just didn't like kneeling during the anthem. I don't even agree that kneeling during the anthem is wrong. I just don't think feeling that way means your a bad person. If he actually spoke out against Black Lives Matter I would agree that's a sign of poor morals

by Anonymousreply 88April 1, 2018 10:22 PM

James Blake must be very happy because all four titles in this year Miami Open went to Americans

WTA singles: Sloane Stephens

ATP doubles: Bryan twins

ATP singles: John Isner

WTA doubles DL favorite Coco W

also lot of Latin American players like r Juan and Monika Puig also did very will . So it must result in very good stadium attendance and local TV rating despite Roger Federer early loss

by Anonymousreply 89April 1, 2018 10:30 PM

Americans have been having a good 12 months really. We're 3 out of 4 semifinalists at the US Open American women?

by Anonymousreply 90April 1, 2018 10:32 PM

R90 four out four Madison Venus, Sloane Coco

by Anonymousreply 91April 1, 2018 10:35 PM

three consecutive first-time Masters 1000 champions:

Paris - Sock

Indian Wells - Del Potro

Miami - Isner

first time this has happened since 2003:

Hamburg - Coria

Rome - Mantilla

Canada - Roddick

by Anonymousreply 92April 1, 2018 10:36 PM

Yeah, good for James. So what's the buzz on the new venue? Obviously they couldn't even keep the lights on in this one.

by Anonymousreply 93April 1, 2018 10:36 PM

James got a lot of good press for this tournament

by Anonymousreply 94April 1, 2018 10:38 PM

The tournament will move from a scenic island and facilities that were aging to what is basically a parking lot beside a freeway. Center Court will be half of the Dolphins' stadium with much of it curtained off.

by Anonymousreply 95April 1, 2018 10:39 PM

That doesn't sound so great R95. Can't keep up with Larry Ellison I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 96April 1, 2018 10:40 PM

It's time for the Miami Open to say goodbye to this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 1, 2018 10:45 PM

New ATP Top 10

1. Nadal

2. Federer

3. Cilic

4. Zverev

5. Dimitrov

6. Del Potro

7. Thiem

8. Anderson

9. Isner

10. Goffin

by Anonymousreply 98April 1, 2018 10:49 PM

Here's Cindy Shmerler's Times article on the move. Did the Times fire Ben, by the way?

(Cindy should be a DL Villain - her commentary is awful and super repetitive always telling the same 6 stories but her reporting is fine).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 1, 2018 10:50 PM

Dimitrov has been such a fucking flop for the first quarter of this year. He won Cincinnati and the WTF last year but has gone back to his sucky, flop ways.

by Anonymousreply 100April 1, 2018 11:07 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 1, 2018 11:21 PM

defending Sandgren as "a good dude"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102April 1, 2018 11:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103April 1, 2018 11:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104April 1, 2018 11:28 PM

I don't like Isner's politics but that BadToss woman is almost stalker-like in her obsession with Isner. I mean honey get a life and take a walk.

by Anonymousreply 105April 1, 2018 11:29 PM

she's just showing his "good southern guy" image is a mask. He supports bigoted corrupt pieces of shit so what does that make him?

by Anonymousreply 106April 1, 2018 11:32 PM

Isner used to like O'Reilly before he got fired from Fox "News" too.

by Anonymousreply 107April 1, 2018 11:33 PM

He's a republican. He's never tried to mask that.

Tens of millions of people are republicans. Many good people in that bunch. Teacher that made the biggest impact in my life as a young black boy was a white republican. My boss, who is well aware I'm gay is a republican. It's not rational to just decide all of them are worth hating for that alone.

by Anonymousreply 108April 1, 2018 11:37 PM

fine so you can continue loving them despite the fact that they're voting against the interests of those are not white, male, heterosexual, rich or xtian. There's also a difference between never-Trumpers and deplorables. Isner may have said he doesn't agree with everything about Trump, but he supports him enough on certain issues. He's trash

by Anonymousreply 109April 1, 2018 11:42 PM

and he loves Fox "News" aka a propaganda conspiracy bigoted network. Makes him trashier

by Anonymousreply 110April 1, 2018 11:46 PM

Can we go back to the wacky Marcelo/Sascha fan-fic? Anything is better than picking apart Isner's politics.

by Anonymousreply 111April 1, 2018 11:50 PM

Seriously, R111!

Marcelo does not seem very enthusiastic about this interviewer wanting to find him a girl, haha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112April 2, 2018 12:33 AM

Frum wasn't "owned" by Scaramucci on Mahr.

Anyway, regardless of his politics, Isner is not a real threat to win big titles. Miami will not be the norm.

by Anonymousreply 113April 2, 2018 1:03 AM

I lost interest after petulant, entitled, obnoxious Zverev beat Coric and PCB, and bland, brain-dead Isner beat Chung.

Those referring to the Big Four are living in a time warp. Djokovic is over, Federer has peaked and is too tired for clay, and Murray and Nadal are too injury-prone and dilapidated to be reliable any more.

by Anonymousreply 114April 2, 2018 1:23 AM

I really grew up on Big 4 Tennis but happy for a new more competitive era. I enjoy going into tournaments not knowing who makes it into the finals.

by Anonymousreply 115April 2, 2018 1:25 AM

The Big 4 are over, it is about time. I have loved their rivalries, matches throughout the years, but, unfortunately, it is over. Time is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 116April 2, 2018 1:27 AM

[quote]fine so you can continue loving them despite the fact that they're voting against the interests of those are not white, male, heterosexual, rich or xtian. There's also a difference between never-Trumpers and deplorables. Isner may have said he doesn't agree with everything about Trump, but he supports him enough on certain issues. He's trash

This sentiment is why I rarely read/post at DL anymore. Or Twitter and Facebook, for that matter. It's been an increasingly popular opinion, especially since the Trump win.

I don't believe that all republicans are racist, sexist, anti-poor, etc. Once upon a time, we recognized the other political party as people who cared about fellow Americans but had different beliefs on the best solutions and fixes to improve people's lives. But we've now reached a point where political parties have to demonize their opponents. It's not enough to say that someone has a different path that they believe in, we now have to tear down those people, call them evil, or accuse them of being sub-human.

If that is truly the way you feel about opposing political parties, we've reached the point of no return. For instance: I can have a rational debate with someone who suggests that affirmative action isn't the best policy for African Americans to improve their position in the world; I can't have a rational debate with a racist who believes all African Americans are lesser as people based on the color of their skin. I see a distinction between those two things, but increasingly many are unable to. It's now common to see/hear Republicans = Racists. Once you've taken that position, there's no longer common ground to work through the issues. We will be unable to progress as a country or a people.

Am I off-topic? Maybe, a little. But not entirely, when I've read posts about not knowing whether you can root for a player until you know their political views or voting records.

by Anonymousreply 117April 2, 2018 4:43 AM

Dl missed out on doubles legend Ken Flach dying of pneumonia two weeks ago, part of dl's main generation, 54 or so; couldn't post then after clearing cookies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118April 2, 2018 7:02 AM

R117, you should block that poster. I also have no time for tiresome, repetitive, OCD, name-calling, juvenile unhinged political rants anymore. But please stick around because without at least some sane people, this place really will die, and that would be a shame.

Back to tennis: ITA Isner is not a threat to win many majors, if any. Sascha could be.

by Anonymousreply 119April 2, 2018 11:23 AM

Agreed R119 Isner was playing at his peak, I have watched him for years. Sascha was playing about average for him, maybe a little worse in the third set.

Sascha is cute and has great hair. If he gained a little muscle he would be a stunner

by Anonymousreply 120April 2, 2018 11:27 AM

Sasha has a delicious well groomed treasure trail and I love his flowing blond locks. He played like shit though. No winners, his whole strategy was to wait out Isner. It didn't work. He needs better coaching or more belief in his game.

by Anonymousreply 121April 2, 2018 11:47 AM

I genuinely believe Sasha's serve was fantastic nearly the whole match. It was only hard to notice because Isner's was up there with the best of all time.

But against any other opponent his serve would have seemed superb.

by Anonymousreply 122April 2, 2018 12:01 PM

There is such a void at the top right now. As R116 pointed out, the Big 4 aren't really a factor heading into the clay season, at least not right at the moment. Nadal could always have a resurgence during the clay season. Nadal will definitely need a resurgence as he has a ton of points to defend. Federer was looking really off in Miami. Djokovic is having heaps of problems. Murray is injured and maybe out for quite a long time, and who knows about his future.

Despite this opening at the top, no one can seem to take advantage of it. The ATP is starting to remind me of the WTA. Zverev really had a chance to win another Masters 1000, but he loses to Isner? Del Potro was playing well, but he is so fragile. Remember last year at the US Open when he was beating Nadal, won the first set, and then his play dropped dramatically and Nadal swept the next 3 sets?

Maybe regardless of the gender of the tour, we're stuck with the Era of Mental Midgets. When no one can step up and fill the void of The Big 4 or Serena, it makes tennis a bit boring. I hope someone on either tour suddenly starts showing some mental toughness from week to week.

by Anonymousreply 123April 2, 2018 12:34 PM

[R121] He has a really nice bone structure and I believe he will get even more good looking as his features start looking a bit more mature and he leaves teenage acne behind. He works on muscle gain but he mentioned he can only do that in off season, so it will take him a couple of years to make a visible difference.

by Anonymousreply 124April 2, 2018 1:10 PM

I go back and forth on Sasha's face but it's indisputable that he has a lovely rippled torso.

R122 thanks for the interview. The most notable thing was not Marcello's lack of interest in finding a girl but when asked to choose one words to describe himself he chose... LONG. Haha, I was tempted to speculate about that when considering what Sasha might see in him but he actually looks pretty cute and is very engaging in the interview.

by Anonymousreply 125April 2, 2018 1:37 PM

You're welcome, R125.

Yes, that was amusing and could play a role, haha! But, I agree, he seems fun and he is cute for sure, so I get why Sascha would enjoy his company/friendship...

by Anonymousreply 126April 2, 2018 1:58 PM

Agree Melo is adorable. And he has great taste in music.

by Anonymousreply 127April 2, 2018 2:01 PM

Did not realize Zverev is only 20. And he has won 2 Masters titles! I think he will be playing at Big 4 level by his late 20s. This is astounding potential.

by Anonymousreply 128April 2, 2018 2:22 PM

Anyone here knows if Romeo Beckham is training to be a professional tennis player? By the amount of tags on tennis gear photos I assume he's already sponsored by Wilson & Adidas (not a surprise given his father connection with the brand), but he also hits from time to time with top players like Wozniacki or Dimitrov. Wonder if it's just a case or privileged kid who's interested in sport or is one of Beckhams' kids actually willing to do some work?

by Anonymousreply 129April 2, 2018 3:51 PM

We will know if Romeo is serious if he starts putting in summers at training camps.

by Anonymousreply 130April 2, 2018 3:53 PM

How tall is Romeo?

by Anonymousreply 131April 2, 2018 3:58 PM

If Nadal is healthy for the clay season, he should clean up. JMDP is the only one I could see beating a healthy Nadal at the French, and I don't think he has the stamina to last that long on clay. Being healthy is a big IF for Nadal, though.

Djokovic is really the biggest unknown. He said that he is finally physically healthy, but his matches at IW and Miami were terrible. There has to be some gossip about Agassi and what the hell happened there.

by Anonymousreply 132April 2, 2018 3:59 PM

Is Nole still with Pepe Imaz?

by Anonymousreply 133April 2, 2018 4:36 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134April 2, 2018 4:51 PM

great...DL now has Isner apologists and fans. Again, Zverev played like shit with a stupid strategy and too many errors. Isner would have lost otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 135April 2, 2018 4:55 PM

Zverev wasn't playing much below his average this season. Sorry if the facts annoy you R135. His serve was actually better

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136April 2, 2018 5:01 PM

R156 it's more than the serve. If you watched how Zverev played once the point started, you'd know he played like shit. Forehand breaking down, even a missed overhead, only crosscourt backhands...Isner was able to predict where most of his shots were going. When you're playing a slow player and you don't try to make him/her move as much as possible, you're doing something wrong. Never let a big hitter just stand there and hit his/her favorite shot.

by Anonymousreply 137April 2, 2018 5:05 PM

Sascha himself said he made too many errors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138April 2, 2018 5:09 PM

That's a far cry from "playing like shit". Statiscally he was playing a little below his YTD average on Service and Return games won, he lost only two break points in the match. He defended a huge number of break points. Was only broken twice in the whole match. Was moving well. His only real weak spot was that he wasn't playing aggressively enough.

by Anonymousreply 139April 2, 2018 5:13 PM

I agree with you, R139, just sharing his perspective.

by Anonymousreply 140April 2, 2018 5:18 PM

get that dick, Venus!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141April 2, 2018 7:01 PM

Venus and Serena like tall, broad shouldered white guys. huh

by Anonymousreply 142April 2, 2018 7:04 PM

Yeah that Melo dick must be huge. Well, long, at least.

by Anonymousreply 143April 2, 2018 7:20 PM

Watching this again: It's funny how Marcelo jokingly asks Sascha how he managed to win in Montreal without him there!

The way Sascha is really sarcastic about their friendship here and where Melo was "coaching" him but keeps naming Marcelo as his best friend on tour (with Domi) makes me think he actually is very attached. I am glad Marcelo seems to get that though, because it seems almost too much in this video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 2, 2018 7:43 PM

And yes, happy to serve this thread with more Sascha/Marcelo "fan fiction" as you can see, haha!

by Anonymousreply 145April 2, 2018 8:04 PM

R142 I'm not sure about Venus, but Serena has dated several men who don't fit that group including Common, Drake, Stoudemire, etc. There's even Brett Ratner who is short, fat, and ugly (that was definitely a low point for her).

by Anonymousreply 146April 2, 2018 8:57 PM

Sloane is only one black American player to date a black guy. Serena, Madison, Venus and Sashia Vickery all have white boyfriends or husbands. Venus only dates white guys.

by Anonymousreply 147April 2, 2018 10:08 PM

Who is Sloane's bf?

by Anonymousreply 148April 2, 2018 10:15 PM

Jozy Altidore.

by Anonymousreply 149April 2, 2018 10:17 PM

Didn't Sloan used to date Jack Sock?

by Anonymousreply 150April 2, 2018 10:21 PM

yes several years ago they dated. An odd pairing as he's very ugly and fat for an athlete.

Sloane pulled out of Charleston and is in Toronto now with her bf (he plays soccer there). She is scheduled to play in Stuttgart though.

by Anonymousreply 151April 2, 2018 10:25 PM

Jack and Sloane did it raw according to an interview she gave to Elle or Seventeen or something.

by Anonymousreply 152April 2, 2018 10:32 PM

^ well that's revealing

by Anonymousreply 153April 2, 2018 10:33 PM

I think Venus' guy is cuter than Alex Ohanian and Alex is pretty cute

by Anonymousreply 154April 3, 2018 11:55 AM

Venus’ boyfriend comes from money...some big publishing family.

by Anonymousreply 155April 3, 2018 12:08 PM

^^^and looks like he can fuck for hours

by Anonymousreply 156April 3, 2018 12:11 PM

Taylor Townsend def. Heather Watson 6-3 6-4 in Charleston!

by Anonymousreply 157April 3, 2018 4:04 PM

Sara Errani downs Genie Bouchard 6-4 6-4

by Anonymousreply 158April 3, 2018 6:47 PM

I love watching Errani play

by Anonymousreply 159April 3, 2018 6:48 PM

I love watching Bouchard lose

by Anonymousreply 160April 3, 2018 7:04 PM

Sascha back to making fun of Marcelo on his latest instagram post!

by Anonymousreply 161April 3, 2018 9:04 PM

Yeah, that's a DL pastime R160!

by Anonymousreply 162April 3, 2018 9:20 PM

Jack Sock's got a fat cock, though, I hear

by Anonymousreply 163April 3, 2018 9:22 PM

Jack Sock got everything fat

by Anonymousreply 164April 3, 2018 9:24 PM

R163, Too bad it is being wasted fucking a woman's pussy

by Anonymousreply 165April 3, 2018 9:25 PM

If Muguruza doesn’t win Monterrey with that draw...

by Anonymousreply 166April 4, 2018 4:54 AM

Novak Djokovic announces that he has also split with coach Radek Stepanek after just four months.

by Anonymousreply 167April 4, 2018 3:03 PM

I mean he needed to do something to shake things up

by Anonymousreply 168April 4, 2018 3:04 PM

Jelena Djokovic is destroying Novak 's career

BTW enjoy Lucas butt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169April 4, 2018 3:08 PM

WTF is going on with Djokovic? There must be some rumors out there. Almost two years ago, he was #1 by a huge margin and holding all four slams.

by Anonymousreply 170April 4, 2018 3:36 PM

Melo reminds me of that guy who own that military gay porn.

by Anonymousreply 171April 4, 2018 3:54 PM

Mats Wilander was never the same after winning 3 slams in 1988. He never even reached another slam final. Sometimes they're just burnt out mentally.

by Anonymousreply 172April 4, 2018 4:09 PM

R172, that's a good comparison. Djokovic's troubles are giving me a bit of a Wilander vibe. Wilander was never the same after his amazing 3-Slam 1988 season. I thought he'd be fighting for #1 for the next 2-3 years, but instead he mentally checked out of the game. Wilander's mental toughness was part of what made him great, so when he lost that, he was done.

Djokovic was so mentally strong for most of the years between 2011-2016. But after winning Roland Garros, it has been surprising to see his lapses. I know he's struggled with injuries, but he's lacking something mentally, too.

by Anonymousreply 173April 4, 2018 4:30 PM

Novak has an eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 174April 4, 2018 5:49 PM

I'm really starting to wonder about Novak having a food issue, too, R174. The gluten-free is one thing, but then that oxygen tank thing... then the guru... I don't know, it just adds up to a guy who is striving for perfection and got totally burned out. Especially after having children. It's remarkable what Federer has done since having children. Andy and Novak just haven't been the same since they started families.

by Anonymousreply 175April 4, 2018 8:14 PM

What about twink daddy Taylor Fritz though R175? I have to imagine his best tennis is still well in front of him. And he seems hungry

by Anonymousreply 176April 4, 2018 8:16 PM

R175 Djokovic's first kid was born on Oct 2014. He has his best year ever in 2015 and won the first two slams of 2016.

Murray's first kid was born on Feb 2016. He went on to have his best year ever in 2016.

I don't think it's the children unless you think that a young baby had a positive effect but a toddler had a negative effect. Both of them have wives and nannies (probably), so it's not like they are the primary caregivers who are exhausted with child care.

by Anonymousreply 177April 4, 2018 8:28 PM

[quote] I don't think it's the children unless you think that a young baby had a positive effect but a toddler had a negative effect.

I'm not r175 but that idea isn't preposterous on it's face. There aren't that many ways a grown man can interact with a young infant. That's much less true for a toddler, who you can play and communicate with.

by Anonymousreply 178April 4, 2018 8:31 PM

Toddlers are really distracting.

by Anonymousreply 179April 4, 2018 9:44 PM

I thought Wilander’s precipitous fall from grace had a a lot to do with his (ab)use of marching powder?

by Anonymousreply 180April 5, 2018 7:06 AM

[quote] Taylor Townsend def. Heather Watson 6-3 6-4 in Charleston

Taylor Townsend will be massive in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 181April 5, 2018 10:25 AM

^ well that was an earthquake!

by Anonymousreply 182April 5, 2018 11:03 AM

Davis Cup quarterfinals start tomorrow!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 5, 2018 2:34 PM

There has not been even little improvement in maturity in Petra's game. She is still as volatile as she was in 2010

anyone saw her yesterday t match against Pliskova?

by Anonymousreply 184April 5, 2018 4:13 PM

Does John Isner have a foot long wiener?

by Anonymousreply 185April 5, 2018 5:31 PM

More like a Vienna sausage

by Anonymousreply 186April 5, 2018 6:42 PM

Marcelo taking photos of sleeping, half naked teammates dreaming of him? (To be fair he could mean Real Madrid's Marcelo)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 5, 2018 7:41 PM

Day 1 DAVIS CUP

Seppi-Pouille

Fognini-Chardy

___

Ferrer-Zverev

Nadal-Kohlschreiber

____

Cilic-Popko

Coric-Kukushkin

___

Isner-De Loore

Querrey-Bemelmans

by Anonymousreply 188April 5, 2018 9:03 PM

I think Isner is packing heat, the tall thin ones usually are

by Anonymousreply 189April 5, 2018 10:09 PM

so miraculously Nadal is finally healthy! just in time for the clay season!

by Anonymousreply 190April 5, 2018 10:31 PM

Some of the pools in Group III taking place this week sound epic

Cyprus (without Baghdatis)-Monaco-San Marino-Andorra

Tomorrow there will be the big fight between Andorra and San Marino

Kuwait-Qatar-Jordan-Syria-Saudi Arabia

by Anonymousreply 191April 5, 2018 10:41 PM

Stop trying to make Isner happen around here, r189. Ain’t nobody buying that shit, that’s for sure.

by Anonymousreply 192April 5, 2018 10:48 PM

Looks like tennis channel is covering the boring US Davis Cup live and leaving Germany/Spain to late night. No other matches:(. Would love to see the France/Italian tie. Anyone know where I might be able to see that one?

by Anonymousreply 193April 6, 2018 1:58 AM

Wow Belgium is really sending their best, aren't they? LOL USA should thank Grigor for taking out Goffin.

by Anonymousreply 194April 6, 2018 2:01 AM

Has there ever been a motlier US Davis Cup team?

by Anonymousreply 195April 6, 2018 3:22 AM

this is the deplorable roundup of the US DC team

ugh

by Anonymousreply 196April 6, 2018 3:26 AM

Cornet def Garcia 57 61 64

by Anonymousreply 197April 6, 2018 6:35 AM

Seriously Cornet is one of the ugliest gals on the tour. She has a nasty personality to go with it.

by Anonymousreply 198April 6, 2018 12:15 PM

Jim C is short sighted , since Belgium squad is depleted w/o David and Steve, Jim should have included second rung young American tennis players and give them good Davis cup experience like this at big stage [Qf] for future Davis cup ties . Tiafore, Taylor Fritz Macdonald and Mimoh could have hugely benefited from this .

But Jim is lazy . Have you seen him during David cup matches? He always wear full suit and tie like he is doing commentary and not coaching/ captaincy . Even commentators do not t overdress hat much.

Have you seen any David cup caption overdressed that much? They wear same uniform as their players

by Anonymousreply 199April 6, 2018 12:37 PM

Zverev easily beats Ferrer

Pouille beats Seppi in 5 sets. Italy still in play though. Fognini can beat both Pouille and Chardy or lose heavily to both of them, depending on his mood.

by Anonymousreply 200April 6, 2018 12:47 PM

Was it a kiss of the cheek at 44 second?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201April 6, 2018 2:51 PM

[quote]Jim should have included second rang young American tennis players and give them good Davis cup experience

He could have asked Tennys Sandgren, since they're playing in Tennessee and all 😉

by Anonymousreply 202April 6, 2018 2:57 PM

Nadal destroys Kohlschreiber...his injury must be all healed!

by Anonymousreply 203April 6, 2018 4:18 PM

In Charleston, Goerges upsets defending champ Kasatkina. Yesterday she beat Osaka too. Goerges is like a lesser version of Ivanovic

by Anonymousreply 204April 6, 2018 4:50 PM

Could be, R201. Though I am German and watched the match, I don't quite recognize who that is, haha!

by Anonymousreply 205April 6, 2018 4:57 PM

[quote]Seriously Cornet is one of the ugliest gals on the tour

The faces she makes always crack me up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206April 6, 2018 5:05 PM

Coric loses in 4 sets to fast court specialist Kukushkin on clay...

by Anonymousreply 207April 6, 2018 6:00 PM

Grigor

by Anonymousreply 208April 6, 2018 7:07 PM

oops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209April 6, 2018 7:07 PM

Sir Robert Farah from Colombia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210April 6, 2018 7:14 PM

[quote]Coric loses in 4 sets to fast court specialist Kukushkin on clay...

Borna was not happy..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211April 6, 2018 8:12 PM

Wow clearly Rafa's chronic injuries have disappeared. Must've gotten a fresh TUE before playing.

by Anonymousreply 212April 6, 2018 9:38 PM

Borna is so hot.

by Anonymousreply 213April 6, 2018 9:53 PM

“Were Raonic and Rothenberg separated at birth?“

Because they’re both colossally annoying, or...?

by Anonymousreply 214April 6, 2018 11:10 PM

Isner hit 81 winners in 4 sets (!). He's coming for Wimbledon ...

by Anonymousreply 215April 7, 2018 12:32 AM

Did he manage to lose a set?!

by Anonymousreply 216April 7, 2018 12:34 AM

R215 lol he struggled to beat a no name indoors

by Anonymousreply 217April 7, 2018 12:36 AM

Isner himself has said he plays better on hard court than grass

by Anonymousreply 218April 7, 2018 12:37 AM

Do we have an Isner troll now?

by Anonymousreply 219April 7, 2018 6:17 AM

Houston and Marrakesh draws are out...I wonder why Coric isn't defending his title from last year

by Anonymousreply 220April 7, 2018 4:29 PM

Croatia and France won the doubles today

Spain and Germany are in the 5th set of the double

by Anonymousreply 221April 7, 2018 4:32 PM

Puetz/Struff beat Lopez/Lopez 63 64 36 67 75

by Anonymousreply 222April 7, 2018 4:53 PM

On 3-4 in the 5th, Puetz was serving and Germany faced something like 5 break points.

Btw, who is Puetz?

30 years old, best ranking 115 acccording to ATP website

by Anonymousreply 223April 7, 2018 4:56 PM

115 best ranking in double. In Singles he never went higher than 163

by Anonymousreply 224April 7, 2018 4:57 PM

Please, not another dominant Rafa clay season! But I bet that's exactly what we get. Boring.

by Anonymousreply 225April 7, 2018 6:50 PM

I’m afraid that’s exactly what it’s going to be, r225. This year will in all likelihood see his undécima at RG, and the thought horrifies me.

by Anonymousreply 226April 7, 2018 9:06 PM

In Monterrey it will be Muguruza vs. Babos for the title tomorrow..Garbine is 4-0 against her but Babos tends to excel in small tournaments

Charleston was rained out today. Goerges and Sevastova had to stop at 4-4 in the first set

by Anonymousreply 227April 8, 2018 1:06 AM

Nando nearly naked in Miami

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228April 8, 2018 9:41 AM

Nadal-Zverev 61 64 64

by Anonymousreply 229April 8, 2018 11:38 AM

France beat Italy

by Anonymousreply 230April 8, 2018 12:38 PM

R230 what else is new?

by Anonymousreply 231April 8, 2018 12:40 PM

Who is the Spanish team's hot daddy coach?

by Anonymousreply 232April 8, 2018 2:26 PM

R232 Sergi Bruguera

by Anonymousreply 233April 8, 2018 2:28 PM

Kohlscreiber useless as always

Ferrer takes the third set 76

by Anonymousreply 234April 8, 2018 3:03 PM

Granpa Ferru will die on court today

by Anonymousreply 235April 8, 2018 4:19 PM

Kiki choker Bertens collapse is ALMOST complete

by Anonymousreply 236April 8, 2018 4:23 PM

so Nadal just comes out firing right away after his time off. Doesn't drop a set against Kohlschreiber or Zverev

by Anonymousreply 237April 8, 2018 4:41 PM

Ferrer breaks. After two big mistakes by Kohlschreiber

by Anonymousreply 238April 8, 2018 4:49 PM

GrandPa wins

by Anonymousreply 239April 8, 2018 4:54 PM

I wanted Germany to win, but I must admit, this was very cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240April 8, 2018 5:21 PM

Kohlschreiber predictably chokes against Ferrer

Keys out-chokes Bertens

by Anonymousreply 241April 8, 2018 5:58 PM

And David Ferrer was playing in his hometown!

by Anonymousreply 242April 8, 2018 6:00 PM

I think pro tennis is in serious trouble after the Big Four and Serena retire for good. Zverev going down so easily to Nadal, Federer grabbing more Slams at 35 y/o, all with Djokovic and Murray out. No young gun can rise to the challenge? Keys and Bertens choke-fest in Charleston, Halep at #1 for so long without a Slam (not new on the WTA, I know). Where the stars of the future? They all only seem capable of winning some minor tournaments here and there. I'm not going to watch these choke artists. I expect viewership will go down. Currently it's not looking like pro tennis has a very bright future.

by Anonymousreply 243April 8, 2018 6:49 PM

Goerges def. Sevastova. In a few hours it'll be Goerges vs. Bertens for the title in Charleston

by Anonymousreply 244April 8, 2018 6:55 PM

R243 - I think even if the Next Gen manages to meet some of the expectations they won't be able to attract so many spectators. Talents as Nadal, Federer and Djokovic won't happen in each generation. The same will probably happen to Barcelona and Real Madrid following once Messi and Ronaldo are retired. People are so invested in them because they see them as GOATs, this attracts people to the screens and to the tournaments - they are not interested as much in tennis as in seeing the greatest of all time. I think that a lot of people who follow Federer were Federer fans first rather than tennis fans.

by Anonymousreply 245April 8, 2018 7:24 PM

Rafa grabbed my ass #Metoo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246April 8, 2018 7:48 PM

Here is better picture of my harresment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247April 8, 2018 7:49 PM

Welcome to the club, Daveed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248April 8, 2018 7:57 PM

The GIF of Rafa and Davide hugging got me moist.

by Anonymousreply 249April 8, 2018 8:09 PM

Rafa looks like he is promising him a reward! And is David mumbling into his shoulder or kissing it?

by Anonymousreply 250April 8, 2018 8:30 PM

Argentina (without Del Potro) def Chile

Colombia def Brazil

India (Paes-Bopanna played together) def China

Uzbekistan def Pakistan

Czech def Israel

Sweden def Portugal

Bosnia def Slovakia

Austria (without Thiem. Jurgen Melzer played the decisive single match) def Russia (with Rublev and Medvedev)

These winners will face those who lost in first round of World Group in the play offs

by Anonymousreply 251April 8, 2018 10:09 PM

Bertens destroys Goerges 6-2 6-1 to win her 5th and biggest title in Charleston. Her 4 previous were smaller red clay titles. Keys really blew a chance at a big title today.

by Anonymousreply 252April 8, 2018 10:12 PM

Just saw Chris Evert's name is on the arena the US are playing Davis Cup in Nashville. In Charleston - which used to be The Family Circle Cup until it became the Volvo Car Open - she won 8 titles and the centre court is named after Billie Jean King???? The clubhouse court is named after Big Lez Althea Gibson??? Later this year the US Open a statue will be erected for Gibson. Chrissie gets no love from the USTA.

by Anonymousreply 253April 8, 2018 10:14 PM

Muguruza finally wins another title...she defeated Babos in 3 sets. It's her 6th title overall but only her second small title.

by Anonymousreply 254April 9, 2018 12:30 AM

Well done to Bertens and Garbine.

And sad for Germany, but Spain dserved it.

Glad Croatia pulled through.

by Anonymousreply 255April 9, 2018 7:32 AM

You should see what I did to Rafa's ass.

by Anonymousreply 256April 9, 2018 10:25 AM

Marrakesh qualification rounds

De Minaur loses to Alexey Vatutin

Noah Rubin loses to Arnaboldi

Paire is playing dressed like this

Is it cold in Morocco?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257April 9, 2018 5:11 PM

John Isner is so strong and pectacular.

by Anonymousreply 258April 9, 2018 5:18 PM

[quote]Paire is playing dressed like this. Is it cold in Morocco?

I think it is pretty chilly but he took off his pants later on

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259April 9, 2018 5:27 PM

That's a strong beard at R259

by Anonymousreply 260April 9, 2018 5:27 PM

lol Paire was broken 7 times and Simon 5 times in their nutty match. It ended fittingly with a third set tibreak

by Anonymousreply 261April 9, 2018 5:46 PM

and the tie break was 5-1 for Paire and ended up 7-5 for Simon

by Anonymousreply 262April 9, 2018 5:49 PM

Jesus Christ !

Did Paire racquet survive ?

by Anonymousreply 263April 9, 2018 5:57 PM

So this Italian player is on court in Morocco right now, atm losing against known heterosexualist Reeshie Gasquet. Something about his stache made me sit up and sift through his Instagram ;) His second ever posted pic there is a topless shot of Wentworth Miller, posted in March 2013. According to Wikipedia, Miller officially came out in August 2013, but was he widely rumoured to be gay before that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264April 9, 2018 5:58 PM

Yes R264

by Anonymousreply 265April 9, 2018 6:03 PM

On the 4-1 in the tie break Simon got a code violation and penalty point. Since then Simon won all points

Umpire said Simon shouted some obscenity. Simon said he just shouted "4 lines" referring to Paire's balls hitting all lines.

by Anonymousreply 266April 9, 2018 6:22 PM

Rejoice deplorables! Your icon Sandgren moves to the next round!

by Anonymousreply 267April 9, 2018 9:30 PM

R267 and beating Kavcic....in the video below Kavcic at his peak...you can almost see everything at one point

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268April 9, 2018 9:49 PM

I think Sascha misses Marcelo and has to resort to insulting his fashion sense to get his attention, haha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269April 9, 2018 10:00 PM

R14 My husband & I agree with you - Novak needs to gain his weight back. R247 TY!

by Anonymousreply 270April 9, 2018 10:09 PM

Chrissie has had way too many dicks in her. If we put her name on a stadium, people might mistake it for a whorehouse.

by Anonymousreply 271April 9, 2018 10:31 PM

Haha, I just saw Isner's comment on this old Sascha photo (hearteyes, lip-licking and kiss emojis). I am not a fan but that is cute/funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272April 10, 2018 12:35 AM

DAMN Sascha looks good in that picture. Wow. And Isner always has a good sense of humor

by Anonymousreply 273April 10, 2018 12:38 AM

R258 Pectacular? Even Isner has expressed dissatisfaction with his chest - he said that it's not advantageous for tennis players to build up their chests and after he retired he'd work on it.

What's going on with Zverev's hair there? Heh, the brim of his hat can't contain it?

by Anonymousreply 274April 10, 2018 1:27 AM

I think that is fur on top of the hat r274.

Isner's chest looks good at R6 I think but I prefer his arms. And the face of course

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275April 10, 2018 1:38 AM

Calvin Hemery qho defeated Robredo in Marrakesh qualifying today is a good-looking guy. He's probably the only vegan on tour too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276April 10, 2018 2:43 AM

He has all sorts of attributes...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277April 10, 2018 3:37 AM

He can attribute me anytime

by Anonymousreply 278April 10, 2018 3:39 AM

Djokovic spotted with Marian Vajda in Monte Carlo... hmmm....

by Anonymousreply 279April 10, 2018 3:42 AM

R277 and R278 lol

he's starting to play better this year as he also qualified for and won a round in Miami.

by Anonymousreply 280April 10, 2018 4:07 AM

Wonder who the photographer is, and what happened next...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281April 10, 2018 4:27 AM

And the dark briefs situation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282April 10, 2018 4:31 AM

That idolatry of Fed is why so many players seem to fold against him. But yes, that ass is amazing

by Anonymousreply 283April 10, 2018 4:50 AM

Oh and there is a certain Alex in the equation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284April 10, 2018 5:51 AM

Damn if Sasha turns out to be straight it will be a bigger disappointment than another Nadal clay season.

by Anonymousreply 285April 10, 2018 3:09 PM

Yes, R285, I agree, haha! I am very invested in this now.

by Anonymousreply 286April 10, 2018 5:21 PM

I really don't get gay vibes from Zverev.

by Anonymousreply 287April 10, 2018 6:13 PM

Neither do I unfortunately R287

by Anonymousreply 288April 10, 2018 6:15 PM

I don't know. I sometimes do and sometimes not at all. Maybe bi? I think he has a certain gentleness with other players sometimes...but that is no real indication. I think without him and Marcelo being so attached at the hip, I would not really consider him being gay as a realistic option.

On that note, I wonder if Marcelo will make fun of his "blanket skirt" today to get revenge for Sascha's "fashion advice" for him yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 289April 10, 2018 6:31 PM

R287 R288 - neither do I. But hey, I'm rooting for it anyway! Heh thanks to the Sascha/Melo posters.

At the very least, he's not defensive about his male friendships being misinterpreted, and that's a plus in my book.

by Anonymousreply 290April 10, 2018 6:47 PM

I also always loved that Sascha posted this. He really has no issues with his friendships potentially being misinterpreted, as you said, R290.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291April 11, 2018 2:42 AM

That's cute R291

by Anonymousreply 292April 11, 2018 11:48 AM

Marcelo gets back at Sascha for the fashion advice , haha (it's from Mischa's wedding)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293April 12, 2018 4:14 PM

Just saw last two games Steve And Tiafoe. What a awful match by both players . The court was awful too . Bounce was uneven

by Anonymousreply 294April 12, 2018 6:31 PM

While R294 was watching the last two games between Steve and Tiafoe,

I watched the last two games between Jaziri and Misha Zevrev.

Well, at least Jaziri was ok. Not he needed to do much.

by Anonymousreply 295April 12, 2018 6:35 PM

Johnson annoys me. His backhand is shitty too. Tiafoe just needs more experience.

by Anonymousreply 296April 12, 2018 6:55 PM

Ouahab is even fatter than how I remembered him few years ago. He has good shots though. Top 100 material without problems if he had trained

Kohlschreiber managed to lose to him yesterday

by Anonymousreply 297April 12, 2018 9:03 PM

Fritz upset Harrison 3-6 6-0 6-3. Fritz won 9 games in a row in the middle of the match

by Anonymousreply 298April 12, 2018 10:32 PM

Hell yea daddy Fritz! Gotta check out that match!

by Anonymousreply 299April 12, 2018 10:54 PM

Speaking of hot deplorables... man, Ryan Harrison when he was young. Sadly, no more.

by Anonymousreply 300April 13, 2018 2:22 AM

Hot deplorables is a contradiction in terms.

by Anonymousreply 301April 13, 2018 4:43 AM

God. The commentators during the Sock match went on and on like Sock was a double digit Slam winner.

by Anonymousreply 302April 13, 2018 4:56 AM

R302 he won Paris Masters! (aka the one in which a lot of the top 10 doesn't care about since it' s so close to the World Tour Finals but shhhh )

by Anonymousreply 303April 13, 2018 6:38 AM

Harrison was hot. Nice face and big ol' booty. He's a surly mofo on court, though.

He occasionally played dubs with his brother Christian, who's pretty cute, too.

by Anonymousreply 304April 13, 2018 10:54 AM

I mean, just objectively... he was cute! Sad, but true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305April 13, 2018 4:35 PM

There's clearly a direct correlation between declining cuteness and rising deplorability...

by Anonymousreply 306April 13, 2018 6:47 PM

Can we just talk about tennis matches and hot players here without getting into politics? This thread is one if the few non political spaces on DL these days. I get it if a player says something presently and we want to discuss it but it seems like even stuff we have known for years keeps getting brought up

by Anonymousreply 307April 13, 2018 9:57 PM

If Taylor Fritz loses to Sock, I'm done watching Houston this year. I don't like any of the other players left. Kyrgios had some arm issue and lost in 3 to Karlovic.

by Anonymousreply 308April 13, 2018 10:10 PM

^ hear, hear

by Anonymousreply 309April 13, 2018 10:11 PM

I'm happy to stick to tennis and apolitical stuff for those players who don't wear their politics on their sleeves. The others are fair game, just like any other aspect of their image and brand that they choose to advertise.

by Anonymousreply 310April 14, 2018 12:58 AM

R310 exactly. If a player speaks out for or against something, he/she opens him/herself up to praise or criticism. The players who don't comment on politics avoid all that. Not sure why it's an issue for some here.

by Anonymousreply 311April 14, 2018 1:05 AM

Agreed, R310 and R311.

There are so many twists and turns within our tennis threads that if there's a topic that's going on a bit longer than I'd like, I quickly skip over it or change the subject.

Don't be so damned bossy.

by Anonymousreply 312April 14, 2018 1:19 AM

Honestly, I was just looking for an excuse to post that pic (while still making clear that I don't support deplorables, ogling is just fine). With maybe one exception, most of the posts here are pretty cordial. Easy enough to gloss over.

by Anonymousreply 313April 14, 2018 6:28 AM

HOUSTON

Fritz-Johnson

Karlovic-Sandgren

MARRAKESH

rain-rain

rain-rain

LUGANO

rain-rain

rain-rain

BOGOTA

Bogdan-Schmliedova

Arrubarena-(Jukopovic-Linette)

by Anonymousreply 314April 14, 2018 8:16 AM

What constitutes wearing politics on their sleeve though? Comments made years ago that we've heard nothing about since? Again I would get reacting to something they've recently said but just bringing up someone being a republican at every possible opportunity seems a bit much

by Anonymousreply 315April 14, 2018 10:24 AM

Agreed, R315. Something about "the pot calling the kettle black" comes to mind...

by Anonymousreply 316April 14, 2018 10:48 AM

This charity match was very entertaining! Nole saying that Sascha was the best-looking tennis player and Sascha answering that Grigor did not like that was quite funny (around 5 minutes into the video, so -12 or so).

Just before that Sascha was being bossy, telling Nole to overrule, haha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317April 14, 2018 12:05 PM

R315, we've had the willfully ignorant, obnoxious, or worse since way back: Nastase, Connors, McEnroe, Court, Spirlea, Stakhovsky, Dolgopolov, Ivanisevic, Tomic, Sandgren, etc. Some turn the tide of public opinion back in their favor, some don't. Does it get tiresome to call out unacceptable behavior from long ago? Yes, but why should players live down what they've created if/when they've done nothing since to change the context?

by Anonymousreply 318April 14, 2018 1:21 PM

Marrakesh semifinals

Gasquet-Edmund

Andujar-Sousa

Lugano last 4

Sabalenka

Lapko

Mertens

Voegele

by Anonymousreply 319April 14, 2018 1:31 PM

Andujar-Sousa. Yum. That's some good Iberian sausage!

by Anonymousreply 320April 14, 2018 1:34 PM

R318 Has Tomic ever said anything political? Or did you just mean his general douchiness?

Fognini is also an exemplary douchebag but it gets forgiven because he's hot (to many people, apparently).

by Anonymousreply 321April 14, 2018 2:18 PM

Tomic is a douche but he's hot from the neck down.

by Anonymousreply 322April 14, 2018 2:20 PM

G'day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323April 14, 2018 2:25 PM

Mate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324April 14, 2018 2:27 PM

Bitch stole my look

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325April 14, 2018 2:30 PM

^ lol! Will be fun to watch Domi's undies in Monte Carlo...

by Anonymousreply 326April 14, 2018 2:32 PM

Miss the times when this guy used to be DL favorite . Now he is almost forgotten partly due to his toxic bearding situation with Kiki and partly because rise of Sasha due to his trolling with Melo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327April 14, 2018 2:34 PM

Peak Domi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328April 14, 2018 2:42 PM

Yes, R321, both Tomic and Fognini don't get out of douchebro jail for free...

by Anonymousreply 329April 14, 2018 3:16 PM

R315, why do YOU care what players others support so much? And why do YOU care why they do it? Just cheer for who you want and get on with it.

by Anonymousreply 330April 14, 2018 3:28 PM

R330 I wasn't criticizing anyone for supporting anyone. You should read all the posts before you attack someone. I was just requesting that we discuss politics less on the thread. It gets tiresome avoiding bringing up certain players because I don't want to start an argument

by Anonymousreply 331April 14, 2018 3:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332April 14, 2018 4:03 PM

Mertens vs Sabalenka for the title in Lugano

Edmund easily wins over Gasquet in Marrakesh.

by Anonymousreply 333April 14, 2018 5:53 PM

Monte Carlo draw is out. Of course Nadal gets an easy section to the QF.

The Djokovic/Thiem section with Coric in between is the most unpredictable

by Anonymousreply 334April 14, 2018 6:04 PM

Cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335April 14, 2018 6:37 PM

Stopped following Thiem on Insta, he was way too boring.

by Anonymousreply 336April 14, 2018 7:31 PM

Why clay court of Houston is so fast , weird and with uneven bounce ?

by Anonymousreply 337April 14, 2018 7:54 PM

I thought Andujar was retired

by Anonymousreply 338April 14, 2018 8:00 PM

Oh, yes. Yes, I would.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339April 14, 2018 10:34 PM

Pablo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340April 14, 2018 10:37 PM

Tennys Sandgren beats Ivo Karlovic 76 76, reaches his first ATP final at Houston and breaks into Top-50

by Anonymousreply 341April 15, 2018 12:54 PM

Elise Mertens wins Lugano. She will be #17 tomorrow

Pablo Andújar wins Marrakesh 62 62 over Edmund.

by Anonymousreply 342April 15, 2018 2:38 PM

I hate fucking racist, PoS, deplorable Sandgren.

by Anonymousreply 343April 15, 2018 9:01 PM

A very touching win for Johnson. After he won, he cried on Sandgren's chest at the net/handshake. He then went to his coaches and was sobbing for even longer before the camera ended coverage on Sekastream.

by Anonymousreply 344April 15, 2018 9:41 PM

jesus christ, get a hold of your anger, R343

by Anonymousreply 345April 15, 2018 9:42 PM

Fuck off R345. Sandgren is an alt-right, neo nazi sympathizer. It is well documented. He is scum.

by Anonymousreply 346April 15, 2018 9:47 PM

Ouiser, you should come see somebody down at the Clinic.

by Anonymousreply 347April 15, 2018 10:06 PM

Stevie is going to get married soon.

by Anonymousreply 348April 15, 2018 10:38 PM

I'm shocked that the whole field in Houston let Johnson get away with his shitty backhand. Yeah he can slice but that's it. It's not like he'll hit a winner off that side. He also leaves the court open since he likes to run around his backhand so much.

Glad Sandgren didn't win though.

by Anonymousreply 349April 15, 2018 11:18 PM

The Houston final was underwhelming for so many reasons. At least we can see some decent clay courters now at Monte Carlo.

by Anonymousreply 350April 15, 2018 11:43 PM

Any Berdy fans remained in whole world [besides his friends and family off course]. ?The way he imploded after winning first set against semi fit Kei was hilarious . I used to be his big fan years ago . But dropped him couple of years ago . Can't tolerate his nutty game anymore

by Anonymousreply 351April 16, 2018 12:51 PM

Yeah the Johnson slice gets old but hey it seems to work for him. I like Stevie's facial expressions too, he seems like a good guy even though he is overtly religious.

by Anonymousreply 352April 16, 2018 2:04 PM

Can that twink from Greece maintain his composure and upset Shapovalov ? It would be exciting .

They are playing some very good tennis

by Anonymousreply 353April 16, 2018 3:21 PM

Titsi!!!

by Anonymousreply 354April 16, 2018 3:51 PM

Jared Donaldson lost his temper...and the match

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355April 16, 2018 4:59 PM

R355 just deplorables being deplorable

by Anonymousreply 356April 16, 2018 5:12 PM

Donaldson certainly has perfected the deplorable rant, bully, whine, and whinge. When's the last time we had such an obnoxious/brain-dead/Wonder Bread (Sock, Sandgren, Donaldson, Harrison, Querrey, Isner) group of Americans in the top 100?

by Anonymousreply 357April 16, 2018 8:14 PM

Roddick was a terrible brat on court, so it's not that long ago. Also, there are plenty of non-Americans who can be assholes on court: Fognini is the one who sticks out for current players. Anyone remember Nicholas Kiefer throwing his racquet?

by Anonymousreply 358April 16, 2018 9:13 PM

Yeah, but Roddick was hot, once. Kiefer was hot, always -- and hung.

Props to Titsi! Somebody get him a plate of souvlaki and some baklava, gurl needs to eat something.

by Anonymousreply 359April 16, 2018 9:16 PM

Who the fuck cares about Donaldson's melt down....just tell me if Jan Michael and Malek were in the stands cheering him on?

by Anonymousreply 360April 16, 2018 9:36 PM

^ they were probably in the locker room throwing it on!

by Anonymousreply 361April 16, 2018 9:40 PM

JMM is in Montecarlo.

by Anonymousreply 362April 16, 2018 9:43 PM

Uhhhhh, never mind.

by Anonymousreply 363April 16, 2018 10:32 PM

Tsitsipas vs. Shapovalov was entertaining to watch. I enjoy seeing the next generation of players facing off. Neither has a game especially built for clay.

by Anonymousreply 364April 17, 2018 12:32 AM

Herbert vs Lorenzi is like Beauty and the Beast.

by Anonymousreply 365April 17, 2018 1:40 AM

PHH is super cute. Poor Lorenzi kinda lost the lottery on looks.

by Anonymousreply 366April 17, 2018 10:51 AM

But he could use a Big Mac, or 10...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367April 17, 2018 11:05 AM

Kiefer was hot, though.

by Anonymousreply 368April 17, 2018 11:58 AM

R357, if you’d drop the obsessive political cuntitude, as people have repeatedly and nicely asked, others would engage with you. People have probably blocked your unpleasant, OCD ass.

by Anonymousreply 369April 17, 2018 12:02 PM

Marcelo was watching Mischa's match just now. He really is part of the family/team at this point.

by Anonymousreply 370April 17, 2018 2:29 PM

I’ve just rewatched the movie PRINCE OF TENNIS, and shamefully think the college-aged guy who played Choutarou (smirky one with dyed, feathered hair in the grey uniform) is really fucking hot. He can obviously play tennis IRL as he’s the only one in the movie holding his racket and backhanding correctly. Sexy.

Anyway, as you were.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371April 17, 2018 4:11 PM

I just looked that kid up R371 (bored, can’t sleep and avoiding work) and found a fun fact for ya: his name is Date Koji, and in 2004/5 season he was ranked as the no. 16 junior player in Japan. A lot of wealthy kids in Japan play tennis so that would have been a big old deal. He may have been seeded/trained for ranking leagues back then, possibly even considered by scouts.

Weirdly though he’s a musician & stage performer now. From Google it seems he was in a rock band for a while and plays a lot of blues music in little clubs and stuff. Guess that tennis stuntwork doesn’t pay? Or he just quit playing, or wasn’t quite that good, or even just didn’t get a sponsor.

He’s 31 and looks like this now. Not exactly typical DL taste but certainly cute enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372April 17, 2018 10:09 PM

[quote][R357], if you’d drop the obsessive political cuntitude, as people have repeatedly and nicely asked, others would engage with you. People have probably blocked your unpleasant, OCD ass.

Actually no, r369, I’d rather interact with you and your obsessive demand for depoliticised posts. Why don’t you just chat with people about things you like about tennis (like looks, and how pretty some of the boys are, and how nice the game is when you take the real world out of it), instead of butting in to say you can’t stand the antideplorable stance most of us are taking.

I reckon the fact Sandgren’s eyes bleed when he sees people like us in a gay bar and that he says as much for all the world to see is enough for me to chuck as much shit on the individual as I’m allowed to within the bounds of law. I don’t have to sit back and purr about his stellar forehand—assuming he has one—because talking about his deplorable politics irks you.

The same goes for the Cocos and the Querreys and the Isners and the Harrisons and the Socks and the Donaldsons. May their eyes bleed forever.

by Anonymousreply 373April 17, 2018 10:27 PM

bye felicia

by Anonymousreply 374April 17, 2018 10:31 PM

it is fair to point out a player's stance on social and political issues. The first time I saw Dolgopolov play, I was a fan. I love his forehand and speed around the court as well as his willingness to go for unsafe shots. Then I saw his homophobic social media posts and I can't be a fan of his. Maybe some of you can but I wouldn't be able to respect myself. I'm glad he hasn't become a top player

by Anonymousreply 375April 17, 2018 10:36 PM

I am actually not sure anymore that it was Marcelo watching Mischa after all...and he was not watching Sascha today. Trouble in paradise? I hope not, haha.

I am sure there is a perfectly rational explanation such as practice etc...!

by Anonymousreply 376April 18, 2018 3:30 AM

Why "Bye Felicia", r374? I presume you're referring to r373... If you are, then consider you can happily post about players being "hot from the head down" (I'd like to see what you'd have to say about any het who said anything like that about your sister...) and telling them to "eat a burger, gurl" and worry about who "Sloan'es boyfriend is". That's fine—personally, I love it. Just leave others to talk about tennis [italic]their[/] way, too.

by Anonymousreply 377April 18, 2018 7:39 AM

IMO R373 is either mentally unhinged or a troll. It's not normal to have so much anger and hatred for people simply because they don't agree with your politics. I'm tired of reading his damage.

by Anonymousreply 378April 18, 2018 6:55 PM

I too wanted the politics to stop. I was the one who asked at R307. It'd be nice to have one sanctuary away from it where we all just talked about a sport we love. But some posters really want to bring it up any time an American player is mentioned in any context and I don't want to block anyone because I suspect its just a handful of us speaking on this thread. It's something I'm just going to try and ignore.

by Anonymousreply 379April 18, 2018 7:01 PM

back to tennis.

sadly, DL Fave Coric crashed out to Nole in two tight sets, and Rafa eased by cutie Bedene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380April 18, 2018 7:37 PM

Sorry but politics is part of character and I prefer my sportsman to be of good character, not deplorable. Fortunately none of the Americans are hot.

by Anonymousreply 381April 18, 2018 10:24 PM

Kiki is so sappy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382April 19, 2018 2:25 AM

Has Nadal dropped a set on clay yet?

by Anonymousreply 383April 19, 2018 2:34 AM

Djokovic in decent form as he beat Djokovic-lite Coric in 2 tough sets today

by Anonymousreply 384April 19, 2018 2:55 AM

[quote]Sorry but politics is part of character and I prefer my sportsman to be of good character, not deplorable.

The problem I have with that statement is that it's saying anyone who doesn't agree with your politics is not of good character. I don't understand why we automatically assume that the 46-47% of American voters who voted for Trump are horrible people. I grew up in a time where you could disagree with someone on a political issue without immediately being called racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. I didnt vote the same way that, say, John Isner did, but I've never seen or heard John Isner do anything that makes me think he's a deplorable person.

Honestly, it feels like a punch in the gut, and saddens me - I truly have lost all hope for the United States, and it's the little things like this (comments in a tennis thread) that remind me every day about the divide in our country.

by Anonymousreply 385April 19, 2018 5:49 AM

R385, it's people like you, who aren't caught in hate-filled echo chambers, who conduct themselves with maturity and dignity, who are the reason for hope. There need to be more like you. *kiss*

Thiem-Joker should be very interesting. A real test of each player's form.

by Anonymousreply 386April 19, 2018 11:12 AM

I really regret things going this far, I don't think that poster is at all a bad person, if misguided. But I think we just have to block him. We've asked nicely if we can keep the conversation to tennis but that person doesn't care and wants to derail the thread and make it all about him. I don't want to keep having the same argument or be unable to discuss american players without the conversation instantly dying as soon as he sees the post. Even if you'd rather not block him let's agree to just not respond anymore. All this arguing is what he wants

by Anonymousreply 387April 19, 2018 11:16 AM

Agreed, R387. Me, I'll block.

by Anonymousreply 388April 19, 2018 11:20 AM

Rafa in shorts. Mmmmm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389April 19, 2018 11:21 AM

R385 I don't care if the player is Republican or Conservative but if they're on the record as racist and homophobic then of course it is a non-starter.

by Anonymousreply 390April 19, 2018 11:23 AM

Clay is my least favorite season. The courts are pretty but so many injuries, such slow play. I usually am just waiting for it to end so we can get to the grass season. Clay is also the least competitive season in recent years. It suits the smallest amount of play styles

by Anonymousreply 391April 19, 2018 11:31 AM

^ I love the clay. Longer points, great rallies, and I love the sliding. Went to RG once and it was really intimate (cramped?) and fun. I agree there's been too much Rafa domination, though. I really hope somebody else comes through this year.

by Anonymousreply 392April 19, 2018 11:33 AM

love clay as well. It's slower and more strategic. More serve and volley=more fun.

by Anonymousreply 393April 19, 2018 11:36 AM

I feel like it rewards athleticism less. Both because it is slower so not so much sprinting. But also because player feel less safe diving and doing risky maneuvers because the chance of injury is so much higher

by Anonymousreply 394April 19, 2018 11:39 AM

That may be true R394. But it certainly rewards conditioning more than any other surface. You have to be beast to go 5 on clay.

by Anonymousreply 395April 19, 2018 11:41 AM

R387: I'm not at all the poster who is uber militant against the Trump supporters in the ATP, but I have posted a few barbs against them. I stand by my comments, many of which I'm sure were trite, primarily because the players could have been mum, but chose to be vocal. That being said, I'm even inclined to give even Sandgren some slack ( I said some) because he has shown more awareness and a willingness to reconsider his views--Jon Wertheim's column this week is well written on this point, and I agree with him.

My primary reason for this post, R387, is to say that you articulated your points very well, and you make good sense.

by Anonymousreply 396April 19, 2018 12:03 PM

Many posters on here aren't disinclined to bring politics into the discussion when appropriate. Maybe 15-20% of my infrequent posts involve any mention of politics, yet a few of you grow apoplectically averse to any political commentary whatsoever even though this board was founded by those historically confined to the margins of society. And it's unconvincing when someone who accuses others of being unpleasant does so by throwing epithets like "cuntitude" around as a beacon of tolerance and pleasantry. For the record, I am not anti-American at all, love Tiafoe, Escobedo, Rubin, McDonald, Mmoh, Venus, Keys, Bellis, Stephens, Collins and among retired players Davenport, Fernandez, Seles, Blake, Fish, Martin, Grabb, Gerulatis, Rostagno, etc. It's bullies and bigots and those aligned with them who deserve to be reviled, regardless of their nationality.

by Anonymousreply 397April 19, 2018 1:09 PM

Domi should be ashamed

by Anonymousreply 398April 19, 2018 1:12 PM

There are many areas on this site to discus politics to your hearts content. This is the only area where we can discuss tennis.

I think it's just common courtesy. We have already wasted 50 posts arguing about this. We used to fill up a thread with just tennis commentary. There only arguments we had were about the game. Now there is continual strife between. It's not even as if the discussion is changing. Just saying the word deplorable as much as possible. Are you so enamored with you own opinion that it's worth making everyone else feel uncomfortable and taking away from their enjoyment of the thread? It's not even like we disagree with you all. I'm willing to bet we are all liberals here, we just don't want to talk about it constantly.

Imagine if during the tournaments, the commentators just used every third remark to talk about politics. That would be horrible, I would have to mute them.

by Anonymousreply 399April 19, 2018 1:16 PM

Agreed, R399--if only the players too would keep intolerance out of their commentary, then we'd all be happy.

by Anonymousreply 400April 19, 2018 1:21 PM

What R399 said.

Now can we get back to tennis 🎾?

by Anonymousreply 401April 19, 2018 1:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402April 19, 2018 1:25 PM

How many of you have been to a grand slam in person? I jealous of the poster upthread who has been to RG. Those are the most beautiful courts in the world. I've been to the US Open a few times and Wimbledon once

by Anonymousreply 403April 19, 2018 1:42 PM

Where has Marcelo disappeared to? He wasn't there today either for Sascha's match!

Glad Sascha managed to win...he really does go through the whole range of emotions in one match! His non-stop chatting with Lahyani was amusing though, haha!!

Now let's hope Mischa can beat Gasquet and we get a Zverev brothers match on Sascha's birthday!

by Anonymousreply 404April 19, 2018 1:44 PM

Domi should have won the match 6//2/6/2. Has anyone saw the game when he was serving for first set at 5/3?

Two set points wasted. Two double faults in same game . Plus 4 huge unforced errors.

Totally tanked in tie breaker.

He is still a break up in final set.only one game needed . One serve hold and he will win the match .

But rest assured he will choke big time at 5/4

by Anonymousreply 405April 19, 2018 2:05 PM

15 breaks in 30 games played between Zverev and Struff. . WTA like thing

by Anonymousreply 406April 19, 2018 2:07 PM

Thanks Nole for gifting the match to my sweet Domi

by Anonymousreply 407April 19, 2018 2:10 PM

R404, Ritchie played great match yesterday against little Diego. I have not seen Richard playing such a high quality tennis in a long time . He totally crushed, killed and destroyed little Diego on clay which is impressive

by Anonymousreply 408April 19, 2018 2:13 PM

R406 Yes that is typical for Zverev - it is like a rollercoaster - he breaks the opponent and in a minute he goes down 0-40 in his own game and has to defend 3 BP. This is weird for a player who with his height and speed of serve could just serve his way through his own games.

by Anonymousreply 409April 19, 2018 2:28 PM

Thiem signs the camera by drawing a heart around a K @KikiMladenovic

Lets continue the charade

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410April 19, 2018 2:29 PM

no handshake between Djokovic and Carlos Bernardes

Nadal must be happy .

by Anonymousreply 411April 19, 2018 2:31 PM

^ 🤢

I’m over him.

by Anonymousreply 412April 19, 2018 2:32 PM

Is it just me of or does Djoko seem less happy when he plays generally now?

by Anonymousreply 413April 19, 2018 2:33 PM

Milos against got injured. He will not play Rd16. Cilic got walkover

by Anonymousreply 414April 19, 2018 2:35 PM

I only caught the end of the Domi-Novak match, what happened between ND and Bernardes?

by Anonymousreply 415April 19, 2018 2:45 PM

nice shot of Nole

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416April 19, 2018 2:46 PM

Gumby indeed R416.

Is he still hanging out with Pepe Imaz, anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 417April 19, 2018 2:58 PM

Apparently Nole was spewing expletives[to no one particular] many times . Carlos is a no nonsense umpire. He gave Nole a proper code violation .He didn't give any bad decision unlike ridiculous unjust line call decision by Gabas to Jared Doanldson[Not condoning Jared's extremely aggressive behavior afterwards ]

Infact Carlos was very lenient on Nole. Many time Nole took more then 25 seconds between two serves [specially when he lost the points]and not once Carlos gave him an informal warning

But one time code violation for repetitive spewing expletives had triggered Nole

These three big three[Nole, Rafa, Misery] are actually three big bullies too.

very few umpires actually stood up to these three big three. Carlos is one of them .

by Anonymousreply 418April 19, 2018 2:58 PM

[R418], you can add Fed to that group. The moment he doesn't like something the umpire says or does, or perceives that he hasn't received all the kowtowing that someone of his standing should, he gets shitty. Witness his pathetic behavior towards the ump in the Indian Wells final. And the replay showed that the umpire was correct and his Fedness was 100% wrong.

by Anonymousreply 419April 19, 2018 3:08 PM

Today, Sekastream doesn't seem to be showing any tennis matches. Anyone noticing that? Since someone on here alerted me last year about Seka, I've seen many great matches, for free, even though at times I lose the streaming.

It might be time again for me to start searching for a paid site, either ATP or Tennis Channel online, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 420April 19, 2018 3:09 PM

Don't do that R420. This week I am not watching seka since my official provider is broadcasting Montecarlo Masters. but last week I totally relied on Seka .for Morocco and Houston

Seka sometimes goes down due to various reason but regularly gets back after few days .

There is no need for signing Tennis TV or WTA as their ridiculously over priced

by Anonymousreply 421April 19, 2018 3:16 PM

I was about to say the same thing pretty much, R419. Federer is no less of a bully.

TennisTV is great, R420.

by Anonymousreply 422April 19, 2018 3:19 PM

I think Sekastream is working again now (sekastream6.com)

by Anonymousreply 423April 19, 2018 3:23 PM

Not to be for Mischa and that potential match against Sascha. I think Sascha will probably be glad. He said in December that he doesn't want to play against Mischa even though he said today he hoped Mischa would win his match obviously.

by Anonymousreply 424April 19, 2018 3:26 PM

Classic in black

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425April 19, 2018 4:39 PM

Fed is more of a prick behind the scenes. The cushy scheduling and the way he never says a word about the pro Fed crowd giving agony to his opponents speaks volumes of that fairy fucking princess.

by Anonymousreply 426April 19, 2018 4:49 PM

I haven't been able to watch much this week...is Zverev hitting his backhand-down-the-line again? Did the press ever ask him why he didn't use it against Isner in that pathetic Miami final? Again, if his coach told him to not use it, that person should have been fired immediately. It's Zverev's best shot

by Anonymousreply 427April 19, 2018 5:23 PM

Nice to see Kei on the comeback trail, but Nike's brown and yellow...not so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428April 19, 2018 5:23 PM

you're not going to dictate who can say what. If someone feels like posting about players' political or social stances, that's their right. There are maybe 2 posters here who have complained but at least 3 posters who have discussed politics. So if you start blocking everyone you won't have many to talk to. Your choice. Just stop acting like you run this thread-no one does

by Anonymousreply 429April 19, 2018 5:37 PM

Kei’s outfit really is unfortunate

by Anonymousreply 430April 19, 2018 5:53 PM

My signature was purely in jest, R429. I am fully in support of free speech on this and any other thread. It takes less than no effort to move on to the next post if someone doesn't like where a commentary is headed.

by Anonymousreply 431April 19, 2018 6:08 PM

Haha, Marcelo is alive and well with Sascha in a hotel room...losing to him in FIFA, haha. (Sascha's Instagram story)

by Anonymousreply 432April 19, 2018 6:12 PM

Actually, it seems that is Sascha's apartment (in case anyone here still cares, haha)

by Anonymousreply 433April 19, 2018 7:03 PM

Nadal appears to be cruising to ANOTHER Monte Carlo win. Hopefully someone can stop him. How does one go from being injured for months to dominant right away? I could understand if he was fighting his way to victory but this is ridiculous. Then after Roland Garros he'll mysteriously get injured again...

by Anonymousreply 434April 19, 2018 7:11 PM

Let's see tomorrow, so far his rivals were not really demanding. Hopefully Thiem can at least make it a three set match.

by Anonymousreply 435April 19, 2018 8:11 PM

I agree about Nole he has lost his joy. He used to be a lot of fun even if his desperation was annoying. I really wonder what happened to him?

by Anonymousreply 436April 19, 2018 8:57 PM

R436, Nole's harem was taken from him. That can be dispiriting.

by Anonymousreply 437April 19, 2018 9:04 PM

How is lil David playing? Pretty well, I'd guess, if he took down RBA. His match versus Grigor could be really good.

by Anonymousreply 438April 19, 2018 9:17 PM

I am just amused they will be playing together and against each other on the same day, R438!

by Anonymousreply 439April 19, 2018 9:41 PM

Anyone following doubles? It looks to me like Melo/Kubot haven't reached QF of any decent tournament for a while. For a number 1 doubles this looks weird - is Melo still struggling with an injury?

by Anonymousreply 440April 19, 2018 9:52 PM

He himself is saying they are playing well overall but not being decisive enough, winning the important points, need confidence etc..., R440. I watched their Monte Carlo match and they played the first set really well, then things just started going wrong. I hope they can turn things around soon.

by Anonymousreply 441April 19, 2018 9:56 PM

R440 Since Australian Open Kubot/Melo have

lost in QF (meaning they won only 1 match)

lost in QF (again only 1 win to reach QF)

round 1

round 1

round 1

The track record includes losing to Molteni/Zeballos.

by Anonymousreply 442April 19, 2018 9:59 PM

Clearly Melo needs a new doubles partner. I wonder who might be a good candidate........?

by Anonymousreply 443April 19, 2018 10:17 PM

Isn’t it hard to just drop & pick up doubles partners? I always thought (maybe too romantically) that one had to synchronise with someone to make a good double..

by Anonymousreply 444April 19, 2018 10:21 PM

Maybe he and Mischa should team up...I think Sascha's singles focus would get in the way, R443.

But yes, I agree, R444.

by Anonymousreply 445April 19, 2018 10:36 PM

Who picked these outfits?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446April 19, 2018 11:00 PM

Clearly someone who hates them, R446.

by Anonymousreply 447April 19, 2018 11:07 PM

lol...those Fed Cup frocks usually look horrible...I think they let the US team choose their own outfit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448April 19, 2018 11:13 PM

And now Romania...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449April 19, 2018 11:16 PM

Germany

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450April 19, 2018 11:17 PM

Australia's outfits are the worst lol

by Anonymousreply 451April 20, 2018 3:05 AM

Dear God. Halep @ R449 looks like she's wearing a Glad bag.

by Anonymousreply 452April 20, 2018 10:43 AM

Simone Bolelli and The Fog are playing dubs in Monte Carlo.

Hell, yeah!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453April 20, 2018 10:53 AM

That is Help?She is almost unrecognizable in non sports outfit

by Anonymousreply 454April 20, 2018 11:12 AM

I've also been following the dismal doubles record this year of Kubot and Mello.

I try to figure out the reasons for teams. Are some of it circumstantial hunches? Personal bonding? Are there catfights? How far in advance as they arrange for partners?

by Anonymousreply 455April 20, 2018 11:44 AM

Domi already down two breaks to Rafa.

Jesus H.

by Anonymousreply 456April 20, 2018 11:48 AM

So far 5-0, Nadal up. In the, by far more importantly, battle of the perfect ass, I think Nadal wins. Technical advantage to white shorts (Nadal) vs. black shorts (thiem)

by Anonymousreply 457April 20, 2018 11:54 AM

6-0! I cannot watch - is it Nadal that is so good or is it Domi playing like shit?

by Anonymousreply 458April 20, 2018 11:58 AM

My clay prince will fight back!

by Anonymousreply 459April 20, 2018 12:05 PM

Dominic had 38% first serve in 1st set. 2:0 in the 2nd now. This is a mauling. :0

by Anonymousreply 460April 20, 2018 12:05 PM

R457 the Nadal ass really is something special. Timeless.

by Anonymousreply 461April 20, 2018 12:13 PM

But his face

by Anonymousreply 462April 20, 2018 12:21 PM

60 62

by Anonymousreply 463April 20, 2018 12:32 PM

Ass score: 6-0, 6-0....Nadal. Game, Cheek, Ass

by Anonymousreply 464April 20, 2018 12:38 PM

Probably another Nadal French Open victory and he holds on to #1 by defending all his clay season points. Wake me when the nightmare is over.

by Anonymousreply 465April 20, 2018 12:55 PM

Is Murray going to play RG?

by Anonymousreply 466April 20, 2018 12:57 PM

He's on the entry list I think, R466

by Anonymousreply 467April 20, 2018 1:14 PM

R465 a bit dramatic don’t ya think? You must have a hard time getting through life

by Anonymousreply 468April 20, 2018 1:55 PM

It is just so boooooring. I really like Rafa but the lack of strong competition for him season after season make the whole thing unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 469April 20, 2018 2:22 PM

Two options for mr Thiem: Either you need to stop sexing so much with your female ( not probable) Or You need to get your man to forgive you so that you can have the best makeup sex ever, letting off som steam. Put on the blue briefs and start playing good.

by Anonymousreply 470April 20, 2018 3:33 PM

Domi pre Kiki...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471April 20, 2018 3:40 PM

Those briefs are in need more material to cover the tremendous tuckus.

by Anonymousreply 472April 20, 2018 4:20 PM

surprise surprise that Thiem got his ass kicked. Yawn. I can't believe that Nadal is still dominating clay all these years later. Dimitrov is up next...he only has 1 victory against him and many losses so it will likely be another blowout tomorrow.

Nishikori came through in a tough match against Cilic. He'll play the winner of Zverev/Gasquet. Nishikori of course can become injured at any time so he's not a likely foil for Nadal either

by Anonymousreply 473April 20, 2018 4:21 PM

Zverev has clearly forgotten how to serve.

by Anonymousreply 474April 20, 2018 4:41 PM

Zverev should be dead tired tomorrow. Nishikori can blow any advantage though

holy shit Gasquet looks like shit. He can't be early 40s. He looks almost 40

by Anonymousreply 475April 20, 2018 6:58 PM

I think you mean early 30's R475? He'll be 32 in June

by Anonymousreply 476April 20, 2018 7:11 PM

Great job by Sascha!! I am really glad he won and I hope he will now stop thinking he always loses on his birthday, haha!

by Anonymousreply 477April 20, 2018 7:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478April 20, 2018 7:43 PM

Agree, R469. Last year was also unwatchable as player after player folded to Nadal, and Wawrinka played like shit in the final. Nadal is awesome on clay, so it will take someone playing well to beat him. The ATP pussies roll over left and right, so Nadal will likely cakewalk to his 11th French title. Yawn. I’m not watching it.

by Anonymousreply 479April 20, 2018 8:11 PM

If I were still playing, I'd give that bitch a tussle!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480April 20, 2018 9:15 PM

Murray is aiming to come back for the grasscourt season.

by Anonymousreply 481April 21, 2018 4:31 AM

Nadal-Dimitrov: 6-4, 5-1. A boring match and, after losing the first set, Dimitrov just gave up. Vallverdu looked pretty.

by Anonymousreply 482April 21, 2018 1:24 PM

this is pathetic - I understand Rafa is the best clay player, but Thiem and Dimitrov are top 10 players and it looks like they don't even try...

by Anonymousreply 483April 21, 2018 2:24 PM

Domi's princess Kiki or DL? favorite Coco ? Which beautiful ,polite kind, lady is going to make her country proud by winning the match today ? Who will be behave more lady like on the court ?

by Anonymousreply 484April 21, 2018 3:29 PM

Who is extremely handsome guy in brown glasses is Sasha 's box . He is not Mello. Sasha should date him

by Anonymousreply 485April 21, 2018 3:59 PM

I think there is something wrong inside Coco's head

by Anonymousreply 486April 21, 2018 4:30 PM

For the first time ever, Sloane wins her next match following a title win. She defeated Parmentier in 2 tough sets.

by Anonymousreply 487April 21, 2018 4:32 PM

Nishikori def. Zverev in 3...wonder if he'll even challenge Nadal in the final

by Anonymousreply 488April 21, 2018 4:32 PM

Stuttgart draw out!! A few brutal first rounds!

Surprisingly there are several top names in Istanbul as well.

Barcelona has a lot of top players in it as well

Budapest is quite empty with Pouille as #1 seed

by Anonymousreply 489April 21, 2018 4:33 PM

What idiot decided to play Coco? She's only won one match the whole year. Where's granny Venus? Even obese Serena would've been better.

by Anonymousreply 490April 21, 2018 4:38 PM

R488 It's Nishikori, he will probably get injured in the final

by Anonymousreply 491April 21, 2018 4:42 PM

wow Yannick Noah is not aging well at all. He looks older than 57

by Anonymousreply 492April 21, 2018 4:55 PM

R485, is this the guy you mean? (Melo already left for Barcelona yesterday...very disappointing, haha)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493April 21, 2018 7:18 PM

Yes R493, that only . Any idea who that is ?

by Anonymousreply 494April 21, 2018 7:26 PM

No clue, I'm afraid, R494.

by Anonymousreply 495April 21, 2018 7:32 PM

Actually I'm wondering if that is Arturs Kazijevs now, R494, since he has an accreditation. He looks a bit different though so I am not quite sure.

by Anonymousreply 496April 21, 2018 8:10 PM

Azarenka is in Monte Carlo cheering on Sascha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497April 21, 2018 8:15 PM

Good for Sloane. Hope she keeps winning.

I like Kei a lot and think he has loads of talent and great legs, but he's like 2-9 against Rafa. He did win Barcelona a few years ago if I recall. He has shot, but it's a long shot.

by Anonymousreply 498April 21, 2018 9:10 PM

+ Key played two demanding 3 set matches in QF & SF while Nadal probably did not even notice he played his.

by Anonymousreply 499April 21, 2018 9:16 PM

Still can't tell if it's the same guy, but here are Sascha and Kazijevs "dancing".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500April 21, 2018 9:17 PM

true, Kei is likely far more gassed.

by Anonymousreply 501April 21, 2018 9:18 PM

A bit more of their dance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502April 21, 2018 9:20 PM

R497 I thought that was Djokovic with a hat and earrings for a second

by Anonymousreply 503April 21, 2018 10:36 PM

Here's 'Azarenka' with young Grigor...she looks like she's related to Jay Leno

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504April 21, 2018 10:40 PM

Yes, please...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505April 21, 2018 10:53 PM

Wow that's the best Azarenka has looked in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 506April 21, 2018 11:24 PM

What Vika is looking so mannish in these photos ? She looks pretty femme on court during matches . And why her head is looking so big ?

by Anonymousreply 507April 22, 2018 6:36 AM

Kei's legs are killah

by Anonymousreply 508April 22, 2018 10:56 AM

Nadal will face Kei in Barcelona in 3rd round next week then he will meet Nole in QF

by Anonymousreply 509April 22, 2018 11:07 AM

If Kei does not retire....yesterday, he looked so tired during the third set (they both did) that it was anyone's game. We will see if Nole can make it that far. Hopefully he will. The problem will be if there is a Role-Nadal QF, and then they meet Dimitrov or Thiem for the SF or F. I know that is the way rankings/draws work but, if it were to happen, the primetime match takes place on a Friday.

by Anonymousreply 510April 22, 2018 11:14 AM

Grigor is fading. How long before Dani moves on to Borna?

by Anonymousreply 511April 22, 2018 11:19 AM

Kei-Nadal..... Can you imagine having paid a lot of money to watch this shitty final?

by Anonymousreply 512April 22, 2018 2:16 PM

Nadal's bulge is looking tremendous....

by Anonymousreply 513April 22, 2018 2:18 PM

Nadal’s ass was looking tremendous too.

Rafa wins 6-3 6-2. 11th Monte Carlo title. Pretty incredible.

If he wins FO that will be 17 and that he and Fed have won last 6 slams.

by Anonymousreply 514April 22, 2018 2:24 PM

Congrats to Rafa, but actually he’s not really playing THAT well

by Anonymousreply 515April 22, 2018 3:13 PM

No wonder Roger skipped clay season. This shit is boring.

by Anonymousreply 516April 22, 2018 5:04 PM

Wow Sloane was harder on Kiki than Domi.

by Anonymousreply 517April 22, 2018 5:11 PM

Wozniacki threatening to boycott Miami next year because Puig's fans allegedly threatened her and her family and the tournament didn't apologize or protect her. She compares her situation with that of James Blake who was tackled by a cop in New York a few years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518April 22, 2018 6:01 PM

First time in Sloane's career that she has won 8 matches in a row

by Anonymousreply 519April 22, 2018 6:02 PM

Bouchard won her fed cup match against Ukraine Turenko in 7/6[32/30] In final set tie breaker. How many match points they saved ?

by Anonymousreply 520April 22, 2018 6:51 PM

Quite a few people joking that Sascha must be jealous about this picture, haha...two of his favorite people hanging out without him!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521April 23, 2018 1:16 AM

On Twitter I mean

by Anonymousreply 522April 23, 2018 1:22 AM

Young daddy Taylor Fritz just retweeted this Kanye Tweet. It surprised me lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523April 23, 2018 2:14 AM

[quote]Those briefs are in need more material to cover the tremendous tuckus.

So glad the more forceful posters here (including the author of this brilliant piece of commentary) cornered the political posters in the playground and persuaded them to stop posting.

by Anonymousreply 524April 23, 2018 11:20 AM

I really hope Sloane keeps up the good form. I think she's very exciting to watch when she's on with a great combination of power and precision. Would love to see her make a run at more majors this year. Maybe even at RG?

by Anonymousreply 525April 23, 2018 11:35 AM

Does RG suit her? Most Americans play better in faster games

by Anonymousreply 526April 23, 2018 12:04 PM

Well she just destroyed Kiki on clay in France, so she can play on it. Though I agree she is probably much more comfortable on faster courts.

by Anonymousreply 527April 23, 2018 12:23 PM

Isner is pregnant!

by Anonymousreply 528April 23, 2018 3:18 PM

[quote]Isner is pregnant!

Isner....(Sania) Mirza....close enough ;)

by Anonymousreply 529April 23, 2018 3:51 PM

R524 no one has been persuaded to stop posting about players and politics. There hasn't been a new story about it yet. The minute another player says or posts something about politics or social issues, we will go back to posting about it as is our right. Fuck off if you don't like it

by Anonymousreply 530April 23, 2018 5:09 PM

I'm resigned to another Nadal French Open. The French used to be my favorite tournament. Back in the 90s when Sampras was dominating Wimbledon, the French was the one tournament where you were virtually guaranteed Sampras wouldn't win, or sometimes even make it to the second week. There were many different winners. Now it's just Nadal over and over. I can't wait until his reign is done, but obviously all credit to the greatest clay courter of all time. It's almost a testament to his greatness that many of us are sick of him winning again and again.

by Anonymousreply 531April 23, 2018 5:26 PM

Look any comment featuring Thiem's tremendous tuckus is worthy of DL. And, you can thank Justin Gimelstob for that term.

by Anonymousreply 532April 23, 2018 5:31 PM

I hate Nadal's dominance but I don't want him to retire until someone starts beating him consistently on clay. It would be a bad look for the tour if Nadal kept up his winning streak but retired anyway and only after that did we get new clay champions.

by Anonymousreply 533April 23, 2018 5:37 PM

Barcelona round 1

Sandgren lost to Jaziri

Donaldson lost to Dutra Silva

by Anonymousreply 534April 23, 2018 6:58 PM

R534 DOWN WITH THE DEPLORABLES!

by Anonymousreply 535April 23, 2018 7:02 PM

[521] interesting placing of the Domi tag, right on the spot

by Anonymousreply 536April 23, 2018 7:41 PM

Haha, I didn't even notice that, R536! Poor Sascha must be seething ;).

by Anonymousreply 537April 23, 2018 7:57 PM

R533 And we are likely to get another Federer grass season staraight after RG.

by Anonymousreply 538April 23, 2018 7:58 PM

Fuck that, R533!

Me toca a MI! It's my turn!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539April 23, 2018 9:05 PM

Nice ATP piece on Shapo in Budapest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540April 24, 2018 12:04 PM

shake your bon-bon, Denis!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541April 24, 2018 12:32 PM

Maria lost again... Lots of three set losses since her comeback. She seems to be missing something.

by Anonymousreply 542April 24, 2018 5:32 PM

Yeah, poor footwork, stamina and a lot of late starts to the ball - you can see where meldonium was helping her before with a naked eye. It seems that poor Maria hasn't found yet a legal and equally effective substitute, which is weird since her heart problem is such a serious issue...

by Anonymousreply 543April 24, 2018 5:51 PM

For the first time in her career, Sharapova is now on a 4 match losing streak-Kerber, Niculescu, Osaka and Garcia. Except for Niculescu, those are quality players. Usually Sharapova gets easy draws. We see what happens now when she's unseeded and draws a top player right away.

I really do wonder how much she would have won starting in 2006 had she not started taking meldonium...for those who forget, she started winning titles in small Asian events during the fall of 2003. In 2004 she had that Wimbledon rain delay comeback over Davenport and then swept Serena in the final. Then she she defeated an injured Serena in 3 sets at the YEC final. In 2005 she lost tough matches against all 4 slam champions that year (A0-Serena in which she had match points, RG-Henin, WImbledon-Venus dethroned her and USO Clijsters). Some tennis fans started calling her "Semipova".

In 2006 she began taking Meldonium and went on to the USO over Henin as well as other titles.

by Anonymousreply 544April 24, 2018 6:01 PM

so to be clear, Sharapova has not had a win since the Australian Open when she defeated an injured Seveastova in the second round. That was 3 months ago

by Anonymousreply 545April 24, 2018 6:05 PM

I am a quality player!!

by Anonymousreply 546April 24, 2018 6:05 PM

How is your brother R546?

by Anonymousreply 547April 24, 2018 7:47 PM

[quote]Yeah, poor footwork, stamina and a lot of late starts to the ball - you can see where meldonium was helping her before with a naked eye. It seems that poor Maria hasn't found yet a legal and equally effective substitute, which is weird since her heart problem is such a serious issue...[/quote]

Ha! How come no reporter has asked Sharapova about her serious heart condition? Where's Ben the intrepid reporter?

by Anonymousreply 548April 24, 2018 7:47 PM

Maria who claims a history of family diabetes, heart issues and other health problems as a reason for taking Melodonium also runs a candy company. That's all you need to know about her medical excuses for taking the drug.

by Anonymousreply 549April 24, 2018 8:06 PM

Well, I'm worried about Maria's medical condition! Apparently, it was so serious that it prevented her from writing down the name Meldonium on her doping control forms for ten years. Maria really wanted to report her full medications like the rules state, but every time she tried, she felt some heartache and had to stop.

by Anonymousreply 550April 24, 2018 8:22 PM

[quote]How is your brother [R546]?

how dare you, I look nothing like Roger!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551April 24, 2018 8:40 PM

lol, it's kinda freaky

by Anonymousreply 552April 24, 2018 9:19 PM

Grigor is playing Simon meanwhile Dani V is showing his bulge in stand . He is cut . I thought he would be uncut

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553April 25, 2018 10:35 AM

Dani need to lay off the Krispy Kremes! Gurl is lookin puffy.

by Anonymousreply 554April 25, 2018 10:54 AM

Offcourse Kei retired

by Anonymousreply 555April 25, 2018 11:32 AM

He knew he couldn't play still decided to play is first and could complete . and wasted a spot for other player. He always does this .

I can understand some lower rank player does this during grand slam due to prize money but Kei is doing for some opening round in a smaller tournament is just cheep

by Anonymousreply 556April 25, 2018 11:34 AM

Useless Pav

by Anonymousreply 557April 25, 2018 11:57 AM

Nole?

by Anonymousreply 558April 25, 2018 12:52 PM

Nole showed his hole to Martin

Great win for Pav over Maison Keys

by Anonymousreply 559April 25, 2018 1:00 PM

Nole lost.....in a 500....first round. What is going on? On another note, I would show my hole to Martin....

by Anonymousreply 560April 25, 2018 2:00 PM

Yikes, Nole lost to the 140th-ranked player Klizan. Has there been any good article analyzing what's been wrong with him?

by Anonymousreply 561April 25, 2018 2:59 PM

R561 I'd like to read the same thing. There must be some tennis experts who have some insight in what's wrong with Djokovic's game these days. The only thing I've heard is that he is too thin and lacks power on his shots.

by Anonymousreply 562April 25, 2018 3:46 PM

Titsi!!!

Another good win

by Anonymousreply 563April 25, 2018 4:35 PM

PCB's nose easily beat Paire's beard

by Anonymousreply 564April 25, 2018 4:38 PM

I have a felling that instead of treating the injury in traditional way, Djokovic resorted to some 'alternative' medicine which delayed the recovery.

by Anonymousreply 565April 25, 2018 5:27 PM

What the fuck happened to Sloane?

by Anonymousreply 566April 25, 2018 7:15 PM

she was just pathetic today. She broke Coco in the opening game then didn't win another! So up and down. She just played well in Fed Cup and now this garbage

by Anonymousreply 567April 25, 2018 7:23 PM

Paire's beard is an abomination. Klizan is definitely fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 568April 25, 2018 9:10 PM

I look at Paire and think ingrown hairs

by Anonymousreply 569April 25, 2018 9:41 PM

I think mice and maybe rats

by Anonymousreply 570April 25, 2018 9:43 PM

So glad someone uploaded this match to Youtube again. Hard to believe Serena used to be such a choker in big matches but Capriati was such a fighter and was no easy out in 2001.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571April 25, 2018 11:44 PM

Jaziri's face is super hot from a distance but merely handsome up close.

by Anonymousreply 572April 27, 2018 2:09 AM

Little Diego

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573April 27, 2018 6:59 AM

Very nice thighs

by Anonymousreply 574April 27, 2018 6:59 AM

In Barcelona

Tsitsipas beats Thiem 63 62

and Carreno beats Dimitrov 63 76

Cecchinato and Seppi are the first semifinalists in Budapest

by Anonymousreply 575April 27, 2018 2:06 PM

Today Grigor showed his trye salt color .Generally Crowd are behind Grigor but today they were msotly behind PCB for obvious reason / And that made Grgor sulty

/Buty most disgusting part happened in the end . Aftr losing the match during handshake Dimitrov, saying that his [Grigor] service was out only after loosing the point, and at the end of the match telling PCB "If you are a man tell the truth, I'll remember.

What a disgusting man

by Anonymousreply 576April 27, 2018 2:08 PM

Dimitrov was pissed as hell

At the end he told PCB "I'll remember this."

by Anonymousreply 577April 27, 2018 2:10 PM

Dimitrov served around the line. Carreno didn't reply well. It seemed he was going to check the mark. In the meantime Dimitrov smashed the ball into the net. And at that point Carreno said he hasn't stopped the game (which was technically true, I think).

by Anonymousreply 578April 27, 2018 2:18 PM

bully Grigor believes PCB shoud've admitted his (Grigor's) serve was long and he (PCB) stopped the play at 4-2 before bully Grigor netted a smash. In fact, PCB did stop moving after return but did NOT signal anything.

by Anonymousreply 579April 27, 2018 2:19 PM

Coco got her groove back 👀

by Anonymousreply 580April 27, 2018 2:31 PM

The point was rightly given to PBC's nose.

PCB didn't move towards the line. He was just looking at it

He didn't make any sign to the umpire indicating he was stopping the game. He may have tried to look at the line hoping it was out but he didn't stop the play. He stopped to play like many do in these occasions (it was a lost point without a mistake by Dimitrov).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581April 27, 2018 2:43 PM

lol Klizan had set points at 5-4 on his serve in the second set against Nadal. OF COURSE he ended up losing the next 3 games to lose the match 6-0 7-5. Typical ATP. NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO BEAT NADAL ON CLAY. It's a law!

by Anonymousreply 582April 27, 2018 4:18 PM

Klizan is very hot.

by Anonymousreply 583April 27, 2018 4:30 PM

So PCB won by a nose.?

by Anonymousreply 584April 27, 2018 4:47 PM

clip of Grigor letting PCB know!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585April 27, 2018 5:13 PM

Missy G states her boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 586April 27, 2018 5:23 PM

"as a man"? from Dimitrov? What a cunt. I'd have popped him one.

by Anonymousreply 587April 27, 2018 7:08 PM

Drama Queen Grigor.

by Anonymousreply 588April 27, 2018 9:41 PM

GD has only himself to blame. PCB rose well above it by looking at GD as if confronted by a giant turd on the court. Now if only PCB could beat Nadal, we'd have a humble champion. Never realized how much GD and Saltypova deserved each other...they must've been quite the fun couple from Hell.

by Anonymousreply 589April 27, 2018 11:06 PM

Dis young Grigor alright? If he needs guidance or mentorship he knows who to call.

by Anonymousreply 590April 28, 2018 4:24 AM

Tsitsi!

by Anonymousreply 591April 28, 2018 11:20 AM

I love PCB. Nose and all, he is really beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 592April 28, 2018 1:45 PM

wow the Stuttgart final will be contested between Pliskova and Vandeweghe. Neither player is proficient on clay but the indoors conditions does help them

Istanbul final is between journeywoman Hercog and Parmentier which is shocking

Barcelona we have the breakthrough of young talent Tsitsipas but in the final he runs into Nadal

Budapest we are guaranteed a new ATP titlist! Marco Cecchinato reaches the final. He awaits the winner of Millman/Bedene whose match has just been suspended due to darkness. They just went into a third

by Anonymousreply 593April 28, 2018 5:57 PM

Wait, Hercog is still playing? I forgot she actually existed.

Looks like MC is not selling matches this week...we should root for a Cecchinato-Dolgopolov to have fun checking the betting movements....

Meanwhile, Gambill...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594April 28, 2018 6:04 PM

I was just about to post that...

by Anonymousreply 595April 28, 2018 6:18 PM

JMG needs to put a shirt on.

Gurl, for real.

by Anonymousreply 596April 28, 2018 9:13 PM

Uh, JMG can go shirtless any ol' time.

Cute Noah Rubin was a Florida Challenger today. That might propel him to a French Open wildcard.

by Anonymousreply 597April 28, 2018 9:27 PM

Does JMG ever wear a shirt?

by Anonymousreply 598April 28, 2018 9:29 PM

*won*

by Anonymousreply 599April 28, 2018 9:30 PM

Looks fabulous. What's to complain about?

by Anonymousreply 600April 28, 2018 9:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!