Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Walking Dead - Season 8 - Thread 2

Carl is gone. (FU, Gimple!) Who's next?! Maggie the badass, perpetually-pregnant worldy farmgirl? Negan (hopefully!) Rick (if so, I swear I'll quit you, AMC!)? I don't know if I can take much more.

------------------

"I love you, Dad."

"I love you, Carl."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376September 21, 2018 4:06 PM

Link to Part 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 6, 2018 7:16 PM

are there new episodes after carl got bitten?

by Anonymousreply 2March 6, 2018 7:18 PM

Did Carl shoot himself? I wasn't watching too closely but I saw Rick and Michone outside the house and heard a gun go off

by Anonymousreply 3March 6, 2018 7:21 PM

Yes, Carl shot himself so Rick or Michonne wouldn't have to do it.

by Anonymousreply 4March 6, 2018 7:27 PM

Well, that's not good, is it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 6, 2018 11:31 PM

I finally figured out I don't like the show much anymore since our core characters are spread out. I don't give a shit about the Hilltop or Kingdom people, the less said about the Blade Runner LARPer garbage people the better, and now Carl is gone. So. I forgot it even came back on until I saw this thread.

by Anonymousreply 6March 6, 2018 11:49 PM

I used to watch WD live. I wouldn't answer texts or calls when it was on. Now I DVR it and watch it later in the week, and I FF through some of it, like the godawful Negan monologues.

by Anonymousreply 7March 7, 2018 12:38 AM

I’ll be infuriated if the reason they axed Carl was strictly financial. If they’re wanting to hold back on actors’ salaries how about cutting the number of “good guys” in half? Rosita’s an insufferable shrew, throw Eugene out of the group, we don’t need another lesbian (we’ve already got Maggie for that), but maybe we can keep the Mary so someone can raise Negan’s daughter.

They need to keep the group exclusively to Rick, Michinne, Daryl, Carol, and Maggie. Basically all the original characters prior to season 4. And get out of hillbilly territory. Less useless actors = more money spend on Carl’s adult salary and new locations. FFS

by Anonymousreply 8March 7, 2018 9:02 PM

Me too, R7. Used to make sure I was in front of the TV when it came on. But especially this season have found myself surfing the net and paying more attention to that then the show.

by Anonymousreply 9March 7, 2018 9:13 PM

The Walking Dead’s Tom Payne dismisses ‘lazy’ idea of gay romance between Aaron and Jesus in the show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 10, 2018 7:06 PM

The actress playing Jadis was quite good in this last episode. I’d rather follow her story now instead of Rick & company.

by Anonymousreply 11March 10, 2018 7:11 PM

It may be "lazy" but I just want to see some damn gay romance on this show.

by Anonymousreply 12March 10, 2018 7:13 PM

I wouldn't mind Aaron and Jesus together at all. But in the show's timeline, how long has it been since Eric died? A couple weeks? Too soon for a new relationship.

But not too soon for a hot hookup.

by Anonymousreply 13March 12, 2018 1:46 AM

God I hate Tara. So much. Please let the swamp walkers get her.

by Anonymousreply 14March 12, 2018 1:47 AM

Enid sucks more. The whole angsty teen thing is annoying. Hope she gets eaten by walkers soon.

by Anonymousreply 15March 12, 2018 2:04 AM

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any gay romance. The mouth breathing fan-boys went apeshit when Aaron kissed Eric several seasons back even though they knew from the comics that gay characters existed in the story. If you weren't already aware of their sexuality you wouldn't know those two are gay. The show has obviously peaked.

by Anonymousreply 16March 12, 2018 2:15 AM

It's ridiculous that Maggie is still not showing her pregnancy yet. But it may not matter much if Lauren Cohan doesn't get that raise she requested and books it from the show.

by Anonymousreply 17March 12, 2018 2:28 AM

The show is full of so many ethereal flashbacks, dream sequences, and emotional jerkoff sessions which is nothing more than useless filler. They need to move the show along past Negan or euthanize the show entirely.

If killing Negan is part of any season finale/cliffhanger I am done watching it. So tired of getting jerked off by bad writing and cheesy soap opera gimmicks.

by Anonymousreply 18March 12, 2018 3:14 AM

And yet another show.

by Anonymousreply 19March 12, 2018 3:41 AM

Was tonight’s episode another time waster?

by Anonymousreply 20March 12, 2018 3:47 AM

Daryl's group arrived at the Hilltop, so that's something. The didn't drag the journey out for 6 episodes.

And I guess Negan's new plan is to catapult zombie bits at Rick's people to infect them?

Is Gabriel slowly turning into a walker? Or just going blind? His eyes did look quite red and infected.

by Anonymousreply 21March 12, 2018 4:17 AM

R10, it's ironic that all the writing is lazy nowadays

by Anonymousreply 22March 12, 2018 12:01 PM

I dunno, things could start to get interesting. They hopefully are laying the groundwork for something good coming up. It won't be the first time they took their time with the slow build to have the payoff in the last episode or two of the season, it's usually what they have done in past seasons.

Dwight, Gabriel and Eugene could have an interesting story ahead. I'm not as jaded about the show as some of you are. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I think it's still worth watching and Negan doesn't bother me as much as he seems to bother some of you.

How much time is supposed to have passed? I can't believe Maggie still isn't even showing.

by Anonymousreply 23March 12, 2018 1:35 PM

This show is so exceedingly horrid that it’s simply stunning how a once fantastic event broadcast became a weekly dud, that shit Gimple destroyed it.

They MUST kill off Negan, it hasn’t translated well and poor JDM, a fine actor, is lost, you can see it, he hates it all, really really bad.

As others have stated, cull the fat, kill half the newer cast, propel the core group and branch away from the rancid later comic book story lines, but really, just cancel this mess.

by Anonymousreply 24March 12, 2018 2:03 PM

I bet the finale will be Rick about to kill Negan, but then have a change of heart at the last second (b/c of what Carl said) and take him prisoner instead.

Is Alexandria uninhabitable now? Is the hilltop the new place to live?

by Anonymousreply 25March 12, 2018 3:08 PM

[quote]As others have stated, cull the fat, kill half the newer cast, propel the core group and branch away from the rancid later comic book story lines, but really, just cancel this mess.

That’s one of the primary reasons this show has jumped the shark; too many pointless good guys that we don’t care for. Carl alone is worth much more than Rosita, Eugene, Tara, Jesus, Enid, and that little kid that Morgan/Carol are babysitting combined. Get rid of them (nobody would shed a tear) and voila, you can afford to pay Carl an adult salary. It would also save extra money and not make the show the joke that it is today.

by Anonymousreply 26March 12, 2018 5:26 PM

I loved this show for the first 5 seasons or so, but now it's just worn out it's welcome. It just drags on.

by Anonymousreply 27March 12, 2018 5:28 PM

It’s unfortunate but it could have continued with better writing. Right now I fast forward through almost half of it. All these useless ad hoc female characters are annoying as fuck too. The actual story is about 15 minutes per episode. The rest is character navel gazing and reminiscing about the 10 minutes when things were good and they weren’t fighting each other/zombies.

by Anonymousreply 28March 12, 2018 5:38 PM

It’s sad when you start rooting for the zombies when it comes to certain characters 🧟‍♀️ 🧟‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 29March 12, 2018 6:15 PM

If Gabriel recovers, he'll probably develop an immunity to the zombie virus and he may even become the living cure, right?

Maggie has the gestation period of an elephant.

Jadis speaking in full sentences (finally!) was the best part of the entire episode. I couldn't decide if her pals-turned-walkers ended up looking more like Ragu or Prego.

by Anonymousreply 30March 12, 2018 6:29 PM

Was Jadis in last nights episode? I completely missed her.

by Anonymousreply 31March 12, 2018 8:15 PM

After Glenn died, this show was over for me as must-see.

by Anonymousreply 32March 12, 2018 8:23 PM

[quote] Is Alexandria uninhabitable now? Is the hilltop the new place to live?

It looks like AMC is going to cheap out even more now.

I'm guessing that maintaining three sets of Alexandria, Saviors Building and Hilltop was too expensive, so they destroyed Alexandria, and pushed everybody to the smaller Hilltop set. Talk about motherfucking cheap!

In the comic books, the Alexandria people still live there, but I guess now, everyone will be consolidated at the Hilltop.

Is AMC hurting for money or something? Why are they so cheap???

I guess they're funneling the money they make from Walking Dead into all of these new mini-series' that are coming out, such as "McMafia" and "The Terror" and "Preacher."

I also find it hilarious that the Alexandrians were all wearing normal clothes like sweater vests, and cotton blouses, and trousers, and now they're walking through the forest in grey apocalyptic gear.

I swear, the people who write this show are fucking morons. None of it makes sense.

And the way that they make people die??? So the doctor gets stuck in a bear trap and surrounded by 10 walkers, yet he survives. Only to have him stabbed in the throat in a split-second by a Savior. WHAT THE FUCK???? Why not just have the walkers eat him, and spare us the fucking drama.

I cannot believe that AMC pays these idiots to write such garbage. Then again, I guess you get what you pay for.

by Anonymousreply 33March 12, 2018 9:23 PM

It's not just the scripts, it's JDM's acting. The acting was fine until they got to him at the end of the show with that stupid bat and sucking his teeth. Yeah, what he says is stupid, but part of it is his portrayal. It is nausea inducing. But I think he will replace Rick as the leader eventually when he finds remorse and Lincoln leaves. I wonder if they will get rid of most of Rick's "people" and start fresh. Maybe that is why they could care less if Maggie stays.

by Anonymousreply 34March 12, 2018 9:23 PM

[quote] After Glenn died, this show was over for me

Carl's death was the last straw for me.

Everyone knew that Glenn's death was coming, but Carl's death just didn't make sense.

And then you factor in the REASON for the show killing him off, which was just because he turned 18 and they would have to pay him more? Forget this fucking shit show.

by Anonymousreply 35March 12, 2018 9:25 PM

There is no way that Negan can sustain the show, R34. People HATE him.

Ratings will fall so far that AMC will have to cancel the show.

There are no more likeable characters anymore, aside from Carol.

Even Daryl has become annoying. Well, actually more useless, than annoying.

by Anonymousreply 36March 12, 2018 9:27 PM

And wash your fucking face, Daryl, it's not charming or quirky anymore...

by Anonymousreply 37March 12, 2018 9:44 PM

I think that they were trying to test out Daryl as a potential group leader, in last night's episode.

However, it was a massive fail.

His character is much better suited to being a rebel hunter, rather than a Rick or Maggie type of leader.

Plus, he lacks charisma.

by Anonymousreply 38March 12, 2018 9:52 PM

I agree they need to kill off Negan, I just don't think that is going to happen. They seem to have a Negan fetish and I think the dream where he is part of the group is indicative if where they want to go. Plus, i read that the plan was to keep JDM on the show and they signed him to a multi-year contract. I personally found the killing of Carl to be lazy writing. I wonder if all of this goes back to the rumors that the creator of the comic books was upset that a character he didn't create was the most popular (Daryl) and a character he had already killed off in the comics was popular (Carol). I wonder if he is trying to take control and make it "his" show again, even if it differs from the comics, by getting rid of the current group. Which is stupid, they need to think about who straight women and gay men want to watch. And it's not Negan and Dwight.

by Anonymousreply 39March 13, 2018 2:14 PM

[quote] I wonder if all of this goes back to the rumors that the creator of the comic books was upset that a character he didn't create was the most popular (Daryl) and a character he had already killed off in the comics was popular (Carol). I wonder if he is trying to take control and make it "his" show again

This made me think about something funny from Talking Dead a couple of weeks ago.

There was a guest on (I don't know his name), with Denise Huth who is an EP on the show.

This guest was just RAILING on Negan, saying how much he hated Negan, and hoped that he dies. It was hilarious.

Denise Huth looked really uncomfortable, which made me very happy.

I have to say, if Kirkman had been on the couch with this guest, he would have been pissed! Smoke would have been coming out of his ears. I would love to have seen that.

He really doesn't understand how much people despise this Negan character. He also doesn't understand that this is why the ratings are in the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 40March 13, 2018 2:21 PM

It had a good run- time to just wrap things up.

by Anonymousreply 41March 13, 2018 2:44 PM

If you FF through Neegan's endless monologues, the show is a lot better.

by Anonymousreply 42March 13, 2018 2:45 PM

Rumor has it that Andrew Lincoln wants to leave.

by Anonymousreply 43March 13, 2018 2:48 PM

If you were one of the original cast members R43, you would have a very clear picture of how far the show has fallen.

They're down to Rick, Carol, and Daryl.

Norman and Melissa seem like they're just happy for the paycheck, so they're gonna ride this train to the end.

Andrew, however, seems the type to want to challenge himself more with acting jobs (he is British, after all), so it's not surprising that he wants to leave. Same for Lauren Cohan who joined in season two.

I guess after seeing the success that Danai has had with "Black Panther," some of the actors are getting restless to spread their wings and try for the big screen.

With the ratings sinking on a weekly basis, they would be smart to get out now, while they're still marketable.

by Anonymousreply 44March 13, 2018 2:53 PM

I'm still watching, but are the ratings that bad? I thought it was AMC's biggest show.

by Anonymousreply 45March 13, 2018 3:37 PM

[quote]With the ratings sinking on a weekly basis, they would be smart to get out now, while they're still marketable.

That plan doesn't always work.

by Anonymousreply 46March 13, 2018 4:32 PM

It really started to go downhill when it began to take itself too seriously, with its pretentious silent montages.

by Anonymousreply 47March 13, 2018 4:58 PM

What's with all the slow motion walking? Why is Daryl's face so puffy?

by Anonymousreply 48March 13, 2018 6:32 PM

Daryl's face has been puffy for a few years. That's gotta be why Norman keeps his hair long and covering his eyes

by Anonymousreply 49March 13, 2018 7:08 PM

He’s an alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 50March 13, 2018 7:12 PM

God, I wish that swamp walker would have finished off Rosita.

by Anonymousreply 51March 13, 2018 8:25 PM

I stopped watching this show partway through season seven, as I just couldn't take the garbage people and Negan's laughable monologuing and all the other stupid shit.

I stopped giving a fuck about this stupid show after the season six finale -- you know, that horrible, misguided, ridiculous, and frankly FUCKING STUPID cliffhanger with Negan.

I'd begun hating it two seasons earlier, after Carol began acting totally out of character and ran away, and then there was that 6-episode span with Beth in the hospital that just ended with her dead so what was even the fucking point omfg!

Seriously, guys, I can promise you this show is only going to keep getting worse and worse each episode. Best to just stop watching it now, save yourself the time and emotional energy. It hurts at first, like ripping off a band-aid, but once you're over this shitshow, you will be sooo much happier!

by Anonymousreply 52March 13, 2018 8:52 PM

I'm with r52, stopped watching last season.. It's so sad, this show could have easily lasted 10 seasons but they chose to destroy it by underfunding it. No one wants to see people walking through a forest for years. How does a show like Z nation manage to have better sets and writing?

by Anonymousreply 53March 13, 2018 9:08 PM

I like looking at Rick, so I think I'll hang until he's gone. Then I'm out unless Reedus goes to rehab to get rid of the alcohol bloat and they cut Daryl's hair.

by Anonymousreply 54March 13, 2018 9:08 PM

Same r52. I stopped watching after the unnecessary cliffhanger with Negan. That pissed me off.

But I did watch these last two episodes b/c I wanted to see the Carl aftermath. They weren't horrible, but that's probably because there wasn't too much Negan.

I do still enjoy Fear The Walkin Dead. That was always just an average show, so it's not aggravating to watch a once good show suck.

by Anonymousreply 55March 13, 2018 9:14 PM

[R32] ...I also bailed when Glenn died, ..never looked back!

by Anonymousreply 56March 13, 2018 9:18 PM

[quote] I do still enjoy Fear The Walkin Dead

Not for long.

Scott M. Pimple will be taking over as the show-runner for FEAR, and he's going to run it into the ground, like he did with TWD.

by Anonymousreply 57March 13, 2018 9:36 PM

Joy...

by Anonymousreply 58March 13, 2018 9:44 PM

Why do they insist on dragging on the Negan storyline? It ran it’s course a loooong time ago.

by Anonymousreply 59March 13, 2018 9:59 PM

[quote]No one wants to see people walking through a forest for years. How does a show like Z nation manage to have better sets and writing?

Another vote for Z Nation even though last season wasn't all that great. It has a lower budget then The Walking Dead but it's campy which gives them more flexibility with the story.

by Anonymousreply 60March 13, 2018 10:07 PM

I guess to be fair, if you were only given budget that allowed most of your show to take place in the woods, you would run out of ideas too.

by Anonymousreply 61March 13, 2018 10:29 PM

Love ZNATION, and agree last season not great. Never thought about it, but you're right. They're always changing sets and they don't pull in the money from merchandise TWD does. Actually, Negan could stand a meeting or two with Murph. Murph wouldn't put up with that shit bat Lucille. Seriously, why couldn't someone just burn the damn bat?

by Anonymousreply 62March 13, 2018 10:38 PM

[quote] to be fair, if you were only given budget that allowed most of your show to take place in the woods, you would run out of ideas too.

That's b.s.

Walking Dead has a huge budget, but do you know where it's going?

Right into Kirkman's, Nicotero's, Gimple's, and Hurd's pockets.

Additionally, it's going into those stupid special effects (which are lame), because special effects are Greg Nicotero's background and speciality, and since he's also an Executive Producer, he gets to call the shots on where the money is spent.

Guess what? Spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on more blood, guts, and gore is ridiculous. They keep harping on all the cool effects, and blah blah blah. Nobody cares about that shit, except for Kirkman and Nicotero.

We want a good STORY.

And finally, you know where the money is NOT going? To paying actors a fair compensation - such as Chandler Riggs. There was no reason to fire him. So getting rid of him just because they would have to pay him more, as he turned 18, is plain dumb. Put less money into those dumb effects, and pay the actors a fair salary.

Carl's story arc had so much more mileage than pretty much any other character. For fuck's sake, he's still alive in the comic books! He could have become a major character in the show, but instead they decide to keep horrible characters like Rosita, Tara, and Eugene on the show. Idiots.

So don't give me this line about "no budget." This show has a HUGE budget. The real issue is how that budget is being spent.

by Anonymousreply 63March 13, 2018 10:44 PM

Gimple is a classic hack, he RUINED TWD, he has no grasp of character or narrative, the show is turgid and trapped in a supremely worthless storyline with some horrid performances, JDM is rancid as Negan, lazy and inept. End this fuckfest.

by Anonymousreply 64March 13, 2018 10:48 PM

I think what made Z Nation season 4 less enjoyable than previous was too many stand-alone episodes. And the dream sequences / prophecies were a little ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 65March 14, 2018 12:06 AM

Have we forgotten about that helicopter that Rick saw/heard? They better not leave that part to the season’s cliffhanger or worse yet, scrap that entire part altogether. Hopefully this helicopter leads to a storyline in which they return to “civilization” aka cities and even another hospital like they did with Beth.

by Anonymousreply 66March 14, 2018 12:15 AM

Keep dreaming r66.

by Anonymousreply 67March 14, 2018 12:20 AM

Where did anyone hear that Carl was fired? I thought he wanted to go to college and do other things. He spent his childhood on the show.

by Anonymousreply 68March 14, 2018 12:32 AM

It's been well-publicized that Carl was fired because they didn't want to pay him an adult salary.

by Anonymousreply 69March 14, 2018 1:36 AM

But paying Rosita, Eugene, Tara’s salary and is a much better decision than keeping a character that actually brings a lot of promise to the storyline. I hate that I still watch this show. Every. Sunday. At 9:00.

by Anonymousreply 70March 14, 2018 2:20 AM

That salary issue it's just a rumor, there's been nothing substantiated

by Anonymousreply 71March 14, 2018 2:34 AM

Dear God - every scene Eugene is in makes me want to off myself. The way he talks would make anyone feed him (or themselves) to the 🧟‍♀️ 🧟‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 72March 14, 2018 2:51 AM

I think the big thing that fans of the show want is for them to get out of the damn woods and go to a city like DC. Of course, as has been mentioned many times, AMC are too damn cheap for that.

by Anonymousreply 73March 14, 2018 2:58 AM

Chandler Riggs' dad was not happy with the show's decision to off Carl and took to social media. Yeah, always a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 74March 14, 2018 3:23 AM

I would like links to anything about Carl being fired because of salary issues. I call BS. He's alive in the comics and was a beloved character. He seemed fine on Talking Dead.

Also, that "adult salary" stuff is crazy. Just because he's a kid doesn't mean he was automatically paid less than someone like Eugene. Some of you posters are talking out of you asses.

by Anonymousreply 75March 14, 2018 3:49 AM

Chandler Rigg's father went on a social media diatribe about Chandler being fired. I think it's been scrubbed, though.

by Anonymousreply 76March 14, 2018 4:01 AM

Here’s one about the dad. His Facebook handle “Chandler Riggs' Dad's Zombie Roadtrip Riggs' Tours“ makes me think dad is pissed about the gravy train was stopped more than his son’s career/feelings. Sounds like it’s more about him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 14, 2018 4:03 AM

100% Riggs’ father called them all out for cutting him off the show, they actually bought a new home in the area, it was NOTHING to do with a narrative choice. Gimple doesn’t plan anything!

by Anonymousreply 78March 14, 2018 4:04 AM

I'm with r75. I'm not convinced killing off Carl was entirely a financial decision.

The dad's just pissed because his kid lost his money making job and the dad can't do his 'Chandler's dad's Zombie Walking Tours!' anymore. And because the family wasn't expecting it. Must have felt like the rug was pulled out from under them, which does suck.

by Anonymousreply 79March 14, 2018 4:18 PM

And what's with saying Chandler was 'fired'? Was everyone whose character was killed, in a zombie show where many characters are killed, fired? not really. It's just part of the story. Sometimes characters have to go. And Carl dying was the way the show runners went. (a dumb move, in my opinion)

Sour grapes from Mr. Riggs.

by Anonymousreply 80March 14, 2018 4:29 PM

I use to set down every Sunday night and watch, no matter what, never missed it. Now I DVR it and watch whenever I have time. As someone else said I enjoy watching Rick.

by Anonymousreply 81March 14, 2018 4:45 PM

I loved this show... I had to stop watching because what they've been doing to it since the start of this season (before the mid season premier) was too shitty to continue. It'll ruin the positive memories I had of this show.

There's a good discussion about it here. Captures my thoughts exactly. It's still the highest rated show on Sunday, but it's down to 6.6, which was season 2's level. Half of it's peak (less really).

Interestingly, Mad Men & Breaking Bad were never ruined by AMC because they weren't AMC shows... didn't realize that until I read this thread. However, with AMC's finger on the budget, plot, and whatever else - they tanked it.

I couldn't stand Negan from day 1. The platitudes, the endless talking, the lack of any backstory creating a the one-dimensional "bad guy" type. He should be dead by now. The endless war with the Saviors is just a snooze fest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82March 14, 2018 4:52 PM

You really do need a score card to tell who's a Hill Topper and who's a Sanctuarian let alone Rick's ever changing gang. Maybe that's why so many of the long term characters get offed. To put more focus on the newbies. Not sayin' it's a wise road to go down (it really isn't) but writers often get bored and welcome new challenges. The audience, however, often does not. Lost is a perfect example. I got pissed off when they focused too much on the Others in season 3 to the exclusion of the regulars and lost interest in the show.

by Anonymousreply 83March 15, 2018 5:10 AM

R80, Kirkman has made a really big deal about following the plot line as closely as possible. When he started to do that, the show went in the hole.

Comics are a different medium than television, and one of the big differences he and the shorunners seem not to understand is that you can have a hundred characters in a comic and people can take their time reading it if it’s confusing.

But in live action, having a hundred characters costs a ton of money because you have to pay those people, some get paid more, you have to re-negotiate their contracts after a number of years, some are liked by the fans and others are not, etc. In the comics, none of the characters are jockeying for attention, on drugs, or demanding more money or time off. They do as they’re drawn. The idea that you could have all these barely depicted, cardboard characters that aren’t fleshed out, and it wouldn’t hurt the show is ridiculous.

Carl is a major character in the comic and Kirkman said that he thought eventually in the comics Rick would die and Carl would take over as the main character. So killing him off on TV is obviously due to real life circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 84March 15, 2018 5:53 AM

The Walking Dead season 8 finale and Fear the Walking Dead season 4 premier will be in theaters as a double feature... for some reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85March 18, 2018 6:08 PM

[quote]"Sunday, April 15 marks an epic and highly-anticipated moment for these series, as worlds collide when Morgan crosses over from The Walking Dead and into the new world of Fear,” said Theresa Beyer, SVP of Brand Activation for AMC. “We are thrilled to be working with our terrific partners at Fathom to provide fans from across the country the opportunity to experience this crossover moment in such a special way and among other members of one of television’s most passionate fan communities."

So much for Fear of the Walking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 86March 18, 2018 9:08 PM

WTF is SVP of "Brand Activation?"

by Anonymousreply 87March 18, 2018 10:42 PM

Jesus H. Christ

How much are they charging to watch this shitstorm in a theater?

by Anonymousreply 88March 18, 2018 11:21 PM

Did I see that Scientologist chick who played Dharma in the preview for FTWD? Why!?!

by Anonymousreply 89March 19, 2018 1:34 AM

Is anyone watching tonight's episode?

by Anonymousreply 90March 19, 2018 2:33 AM

Enough is enough. Kill Negan and all his little Neagan-ites and move the fuck on already. This season is such a snoozefest. I tried; I really tried, but I'm out. The show has hit the wall.

by Anonymousreply 91March 19, 2018 2:51 AM

Why would anyone pay to see a TV show in the theater?

by Anonymousreply 92March 19, 2018 3:27 AM

What's with the weird new lesbians going door to door selling information?

That blonde lady creeps me out. Her two sidekicks are funny, though.

by Anonymousreply 93March 19, 2018 4:38 AM

I watched tonight. Ehhh...Simon is kind of interesting. That's all The good i have to say.

Once Rick got Lucielle, he should have run away. I know he's not thinking about anything but revenge, but it would have been satisfying to see him leave Negan in a dark basement full of walkers without his security blanket.

Instead he pounded on a door with a lit up Lucielle leading Negan right to him. What an ass.

by Anonymousreply 94March 19, 2018 4:38 AM

Her two sidekicks reminded me of the racist white power sidekicks from orange is the new black. I can't remember the names, but one was tall and had a shaved head and talked like the girls on TWD. Maybe one was the same girl?

by Anonymousreply 95March 19, 2018 4:41 AM

R94, the show is just stringing you along.

Rick has had 1000+ opportunities to kill Negan, and he has taken NONE of them.

Why? Because Negan is not going anywhere. It's like a hamster on a wheel, going around, and around. Always the chase, but not getting anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 96March 19, 2018 4:44 AM

Yeah, that's why I liked Simon's approach- kill all the hill toppers and move on. Because he knew it was just going to be the same shit. Theyd never listen or learn. Too bad Negan will probably give him to Jadis to kill. Or whatever that weirdo wants to do with him.

by Anonymousreply 97March 19, 2018 5:05 AM

Haha the new sidekicks are named Hilda and Midge. I love it.

However, I'm so over the uber-stupid "I am Negan" bullshit. It's soooooo dumb.

by Anonymousreply 98March 19, 2018 5:10 AM

Midge wants pickles and Hilda wants cheese.

Good luck with that in the zombie apocalypse.

Pickles, maybe. But not cheese.

by Anonymousreply 99March 19, 2018 3:52 PM

I might be able to tolerate another season of Negan if they get rid of Rosita, Eugene, Enid, Morgan, the priest, Tara, and every other non-entity at the Hill Top. All these surplus characters is one major reason it’s hit the wall. We just don’t care about them. And we hate 3/4 of them.

by Anonymousreply 100March 19, 2018 4:55 PM

Jesus and Aaron need to start fucking.

by Anonymousreply 101March 19, 2018 4:55 PM

I just groaned when those three showed up. We don't need any more unbelievable characters from the comics that don't translate to TV. And even letting any of us think Rick will Kill Negan is just cruel.

by Anonymousreply 102March 19, 2018 5:08 PM

No spoiler tag you jerk. Not all of us were caught up! :(

by Anonymousreply 103March 19, 2018 5:53 PM

Hey, stupid! Try not reading this thread until you're caught up. Simple, no?

by Anonymousreply 104March 19, 2018 6:10 PM

I HATED Carl from the first moment he was on the show...good riddance already!

by Anonymousreply 105March 19, 2018 6:24 PM

I'll be damed, Daryl said more than two words and I understood most of what he mumbled.

by Anonymousreply 106March 19, 2018 7:09 PM

I happened to catch Darabont's The Mist yesterday on Starz or whatever. Dale and Andrea are in it, along with Carol in a cameo. Just seeing Dale and Andrea reminded me how much I used to like TWD. I don't think if I came across a movie and saw the actresses who play Rosita, Tara or Enid I would feel the same way.

by Anonymousreply 107March 19, 2018 8:07 PM

R105 = Scott Pimple.

Hi, Scott! How's your bulging wallet, now that you fired the kid?

by Anonymousreply 108March 19, 2018 9:32 PM

Rick and Daryl should've had a bro hug. The scene felt incomplete.

Where has Jesus been these past few episodes? Did the actor have something else to film?

by Anonymousreply 109March 20, 2018 6:11 AM

This show is notorious for having characters disappear for episodes at a time for no real reason or explanation. Part of the problem with having such a large cast.

by Anonymousreply 110March 20, 2018 6:18 AM

I binge watched the first seven seasons last september and I was hooked, although it's true the latest ones decreased in quality.

Glenn's death almost made me stop watching, but I was already on a roll, so I stayed.

And I hated Carl so much since the beginning, but I didn't want him dead. I just wanted him to stop being an idiot. I was way sadder than I thought I'd be about him.

I agree about the excessive amount of characters, even if I do like quite a few of the minor ones.

This season started off dreadful. I'm a bit more invested now that Carl's dead because it feels like things are about to start happening now finally?

I don't know. But I can't quit it yet, I guess.

Negan needs to die soon. I have a feeling the show might not go past another season after this and I hope they wrap it up nicely (I'll even take everyone dying just as long as its... neat and tidy).

by Anonymousreply 111March 20, 2018 6:29 AM

If comic oriented, Jesus and Aron. But Tom payne himself looks like shipping Daryl'n Jesus all the time. Well that would be better for his character's survival on the show or not.

by Anonymousreply 112March 20, 2018 9:34 AM

Let me see if I have this straight. Rick had an assault rifle, his colt, a knife, hatchet, a flaming bat and pit full of walkers. Negan still escaped. They are dragging this out way to long, enough already.

by Anonymousreply 113March 20, 2018 4:09 PM

Exactly, R113.

Total fucking bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 114March 20, 2018 5:45 PM

And the garbage girl shows up from no where and is able to capture him.

by Anonymousreply 115March 20, 2018 7:57 PM

[quote] Rick had an assault rifle, his colt, a knife, hatchet, a flaming bat and pit full of walkers. Negan still escaped.

Wonder if Andrew Lincoln is mortified to have to play such an incompetent character.

by Anonymousreply 116March 20, 2018 8:42 PM

A116 a girl’s gotta eat! But after the kids.

by Anonymousreply 117March 20, 2018 9:15 PM

[quote]Rick and Daryl should've had a bro hug. The scene felt incomplete.

Agree that was bullshit, they should consoled each other about Carl.

by Anonymousreply 118March 20, 2018 9:42 PM

There are so many missed opportunities and loose threads in the show…

by Anonymousreply 119March 20, 2018 9:49 PM

really, did they ever explain why rick saw that helicopter?

by Anonymousreply 120March 20, 2018 10:18 PM

R120 I read that Rick has imagined/hallucinated thr sound of helicopters in previous seasons; so it’s possible this is another one of those situations which would be enraging since it would be a worthy storyline to pursue amongst this Negan nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 121March 20, 2018 11:17 PM

I think the reason some characters disappear for multiple episodes is financial. The actors get paid per episode. Of course having a smaller cast would solve that problem. Speaking of bulging casts, does Tara's weight distract anyone else? I know the actress had a baby and I know from experience that it's hard to lose baby weight sometimes. None the less, they are living on half rations and she's gained weight since she started the show. It's not like she's one of those naturally chubby people with the super slow metabolism. I also found the woman who handed the baby off to Rick had remarkable thick and shinny and clean hair. In the early seasons every looked skinny and dirty, you could almost smell them. Now a lot of them look healthy and clean (except for Daryl, that actor looks sinky at red carpet appearances).

by Anonymousreply 122March 20, 2018 11:45 PM

[quote]Speaking of bulging casts, does Tara's weight distract anyone else? I know the actress had a baby and I know from experience that it's hard to lose baby weight sometimes. None the less, they are living on half rations and she's gained weight since she started the show.

No

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123March 21, 2018 12:18 AM

Are Aaron and Jesus together in the comic?

by Anonymousreply 124March 21, 2018 1:54 AM

The old Rick would have killed Negan with his bare hands. I mean come on, a few episodes ago he killed that pointy headed walker with a stick, wearing only his boots and boxers.

by Anonymousreply 125March 21, 2018 3:57 PM

You are right, the helicopter is the only worthwhile story at this point.

by Anonymousreply 126March 21, 2018 4:31 PM

Idk about that. I'm totally invested in whether Midge gets her pickles or not!! And what albums the next batch of records will include!! Edge of my seat, here!

by Anonymousreply 127March 21, 2018 4:33 PM

Yea, the new batch of lesbians might be interesting. Why do you suppose they want records? You think they have an old turn table back at the hideaway?

by Anonymousreply 128March 21, 2018 4:49 PM

So Morgan's pretty much a goner, eh? Seems to be shaping up that way so far.

And was that Tobin who Sidiq is helping? It's hard to see much.

by Anonymousreply 129March 26, 2018 1:23 AM

C'mon, someone would've woken up from the noise of someone fall down the stairs.

Rip Tobin. I liked that guy.

by Anonymousreply 130March 26, 2018 1:43 AM

I can't wait to see Eugene get it.

by Anonymousreply 131March 26, 2018 12:10 PM

Why is every kid on this show annoying (and stupid) as fuck? The other kids really make you appreciate Carl.

by Anonymousreply 132March 26, 2018 1:23 PM

Used to love the show. But the past two seasons have just been confusing, boring messes where nothing has really happened except for drawn out gun battles between people where I can't even tell who is who. Just macho car chases and gunshots. I keep hoping for it to draw me in again but every time it seems like it might get good, Negan escapes or the action just fizzles.

And Carl needed to go. The actor was not strong enough and something needed to happen to give Rick more or at least new motivation to move the plot. So far, it hasn't happened in my opinion. Boring.

by Anonymousreply 133March 26, 2018 2:01 PM

So pissed, another episode where they have it so dark you can't tell what is going on. Lucille in zombie blood was a good idea but by the time they got to that I was just frustrated with the whole thing. Including the stupid little boy who seemed intent on creating more zombies and is a worse actor then Carl.

by Anonymousreply 134March 26, 2018 3:10 PM

Who killed the kid's brother?

by Anonymousreply 135March 26, 2018 4:19 PM

Bummer about Tobin. Was he the last of the Alexandrians that the audience knew their name? The remaining few are anonymous it seems.

I liked seeing leaders Maggie and Rick together. Kickass Maggie is one I hope stays. AMC better pay that woman so she doesn't quit.

I really hope Jadis feeds Negan to the garbage grinder like she did with her people. That would be acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 136March 26, 2018 4:22 PM

R135 I think it was the Savior with the long hair, that was in the pen. Now he's on the run with the others. Jesus, the kids a fucking dope.

by Anonymousreply 137March 26, 2018 8:40 PM

Seems like a job for Carole, the Kid-Killer.

by Anonymousreply 138March 26, 2018 9:20 PM

Jaysus. I looked away for three seconds and Negan is still strapped to a dolly, but now has a gun and a flare. Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 139April 2, 2018 1:44 AM

Dammit, Henry's alive.

Interesting they had him hiding on a riverbank. That's where Rick put Sophia and told her to stay there and hide, but she got scared and ran away. And then got bit. And carol never saw her alive again.

But she was able to save Henry.

by Anonymousreply 140April 2, 2018 2:05 AM

*obviously not the same riverbank, but same type of hiding place.

by Anonymousreply 141April 2, 2018 2:06 AM

Rick and Morgan are apeshit crazy! What a great scene in the bar. They’re just as ruthless as Negan.

by Anonymousreply 142April 2, 2018 2:40 AM

Who did Negan pick up on the side of the road?

by Anonymousreply 143April 2, 2018 3:08 AM

Carl. He faked us out.

by Anonymousreply 144April 2, 2018 3:14 AM

Probably gregory

by Anonymousreply 145April 2, 2018 4:26 AM

But maybe it's Dwight's m.i.a. girlfriend. Sherry, was it?

by Anonymousreply 146April 2, 2018 4:27 AM

Does anything ever happen on this show anymore? Stupid people making stupid decisions while Negan and Rick defy the odds on every episode. Both should've died a couple seasons ago, frustrating mess of a show now. All these boring conversations between people about what they have to do. Fucking do it already.

by Anonymousreply 147April 2, 2018 5:24 AM

Carl's letter to Rick at link.

I believe the contents of the letter will be revealed on the show in next week's episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 2, 2018 6:53 AM

I miss Carl. I started to crush on him and his long hair.

by Anonymousreply 149April 2, 2018 1:02 PM

For those who didn't know, the actor who plays Henry is the little brother of the actress who played Sophia.

I know most people seem to disappointed with the show recently but I think there have been a lot of interesting developments this half of the season so far. I was kinda wishing they'd stop drawing out the endless gun battles with the saviors (looks like that might be over, that god) and it's completely unrealistic that Negan is still alive after all of the opportunities people have had to take him out but other than that, I am still enjoying the show and looking forward to seeing what happens next.

by Anonymousreply 150April 2, 2018 3:00 PM

Jadis is interesting. Do you suppose she's CIA or something of that nature? Where did she get the nice trailer with the Ikea furniture?

by Anonymousreply 151April 2, 2018 7:04 PM

R150 and their brother played Stevie on The Alienist. There's another sister who acts as well. I guess the parents wanted all the kids to act.

by Anonymousreply 152April 2, 2018 8:22 PM

Agree R151, now that she dropped the stupid talk and lost her garbage pals, I'd like to see more of her. sick to death of Rick, Negan, the saviors, hilltop, etc.

by Anonymousreply 153April 4, 2018 2:53 AM

If Negan isn't killed in season finale, I'm giving up. I already gave up on the useless "Fear The Walking Dead"

by Anonymousreply 154April 4, 2018 10:38 AM

I’m going to give Fear another shot but only because Garret Dillahunt is my spirit husband.

by Anonymousreply 155April 4, 2018 1:47 PM

Only two more episodes until the season finale, and I feel absolutely nothing.

This show has fallen so far, so fast. And it all started with Negan and the Saviors.

by Anonymousreply 156April 5, 2018 1:33 AM

I have three episodes on my dvr and I'm not compelled to watch them...

by Anonymousreply 157April 5, 2018 1:39 AM

I had the first seven eps from last season - Glen & Abraham's murder and the subsequent shows - on my DVR and eventually deleted all, unwatched.

by Anonymousreply 158April 5, 2018 1:58 AM

I really liked Jadis' stylish "tiny house."

Where does she get the electricity from, and how does she keep it so clean?

What about air?

by Anonymousreply 159April 9, 2018 12:41 AM

So was the helicopter there to pick Janis up? But Negan fucked it up by putting out the flare?

Must've been, or else why would she have packed her suitcase?

And did she revert to her weird Jadis speak at the end?

by Anonymousreply 160April 9, 2018 1:05 AM

All I know is that all of these fuckers have Negan in their sights, but none of them manage to kill him.

Jadis had him goddamned bound and captive, and she STILL didn't kill him.

That should tell you everything you need to know about the show's intentions. They're just stringing everybody along.

He's not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 161April 9, 2018 1:11 AM

Darn it- I was hoping for a Beat It style dance knife fight between Negan and Simon.

by Anonymousreply 162April 9, 2018 2:09 AM

Lol ^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 163April 9, 2018 2:17 AM

That's kind of where it looked like it was headed at first. There were all the guys lined up behind Negan on one side and Simon on the other. They had the warehouse setting. Missed opportunity for sure...

by Anonymousreply 164April 9, 2018 2:47 AM

Even a musical murder dance number, couldn't make this show any worse.

It's over.

by Anonymousreply 165April 9, 2018 2:50 AM

Simon was pretty built. I never realized until the fight scene. If that were a real fight there's no way he would've lost. He had the crazy on his side as well.

by Anonymousreply 166April 9, 2018 2:51 AM

Negan is the size of Simon’s arm - how did he lose that fight? Bitch please...

by Anonymousreply 167April 9, 2018 3:10 AM

Zombie Simon

by Anonymousreply 168April 9, 2018 3:16 AM

I really don't get why this show continues to kill off the most likeable and/or important characters.

Of all the Saviors to kill off, they get rid of Simon? That guy had the biggest personality and the most charisma. Way more than Negan, in fact.

Yet that disgusting Eugene (who everybody hates) is STILL there.

No wonder this show is failing so badly.

by Anonymousreply 169April 9, 2018 12:36 PM

The only satisfying outcome of next week's finale for me will be if Negan is killed and we are done once and for all with this endless Saviors storyline. They used to just move on from these bands of people. It's implausible that they don't just pack up and leave.

by Anonymousreply 170April 9, 2018 12:45 PM

So, the wedding has come to this. Using the wedding to help end period stigma. This is not The Onion. It gets weirder every day. It’s almost like they are going out of their way to think of kooky ways to get attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171April 9, 2018 4:56 PM

Ha, shit, obviously totally wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 172April 9, 2018 4:58 PM

This show makes me think of a scene from Austen Powers. Dr Evil has powers suspended over acid or lava and is going to slowly submerge him. Dr Evils son says why don't we just shoot him. Of course Austen escapes because he's been given all this time. I keep thinking why don't the just kill Neagan. Why do they have to have a conversation with him first. If they need to talk to him about it, why don't they break is hands and legs first. They could really incapacitate him, not just tie him up. Why don't his underlings kill him when they are alone with him? He isn't charming or likable, he uses fear exclusively. I don't buy it that all these people have developed Stockholm syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 173April 9, 2018 7:55 PM

If the show follows the comics, Negan is taken prisoner and eventually becomes part of Rick's team. So you guys who want him dead will be out of luck. It will be interesting if they go a different route. Maybe he has had nine lives because they want to same his death for the finale? Somehow I doubt that tho. I know he's not popular here but I do think in general the character is popular. I think it's horrible storytelling for him to still be alive after there being so many bungled chances to take him out but I don't mind the character that much.

When my friend who reads the comics told me that Rick didn't kill Negan in the comics I didn't get it. After everything Negan did Rick would let him live? He's killed plenty of people for a hell of a lot less. It makes zero sense and trying to twist things like Rick turning over a new leaf because he lost Carl is just a dumb justification for a new peaceful Rick that doesn't go along with anything we've seen in Rick since Carl died.

by Anonymousreply 174April 9, 2018 8:04 PM

I have a theory that Simon was meant to stick around a lot longer but many fans were happy with his character and his characterization and said he would have made a more convincing Negan. All while continuing to rag on JDM's performance so Gimple wrote Simon out altogether. And tried to make us hate him by being the one who ordered that all the males at Oceanside be killed, including boys 10 and over, and then dispatched the garbage moles against Negan's orders. Then Negan announces that he's going to kill all of the resistance members. No exceptions. What shit writing and plot development. Steve Ogg looked bummed as can be at losing a job that he clearly relished. Dwight will survive. Which is ok with me. I've come to like and admire his dedication in bringing Negan and the Saviors down. Hate the bitch who won't die and ratted him out.

by Anonymousreply 175April 9, 2018 8:05 PM

So, Rosita is suppose to be this tough as nails bitch. Eugene pukes on her and she recoiled in terror. Then the idiot runs away and outsmarts Daryl and her. WTF!

by Anonymousreply 176April 9, 2018 8:20 PM

The "actress" who plays Rosita is even more void of a personality than the character. She was so boring on TD. It was like attending the funeral of a WWII Vet and only two old guys and a personal care aide show up.

by Anonymousreply 177April 9, 2018 8:39 PM

JFC Rosita! You had one fucking job! As much as I hate Eugene, I would love if Rosita gets captured and Eugene tortures her or just beats her to death.

by Anonymousreply 178April 9, 2018 10:23 PM

How the fuck are we supposed to believe these people have the survival skills to get by in the apocalypse this long when none of them could kill Negan and freaking Eugene gets away from them?

by Anonymousreply 179April 9, 2018 10:26 PM

[quote]If the show follows the comics, Negan is taken prisoner and eventually becomes part of Rick's team.

Well that's just dumb and the fanboys accepted that? Whatever happened to Jesus?

by Anonymousreply 180April 10, 2018 1:32 AM

How the hell can one character/actor kill an entire show? Negan showed up and everything went to shit.

by Anonymousreply 181April 10, 2018 1:37 AM

Rosita has some really groomed and filled in eyebrows for the Apocalypse.

Negan is not going to die. He will end up being the leader. That is why we are going through this nonsense of no one being able to kill him. He has a long term contract and Lincoln wants to move on. The problem with this was the violence porn of Glenn and Abraham's death. Too many viewers are not going to forget that and if the writers knew this was where they were taking the series (and some believe they did) they really should have not done the killing scene like that. It would have been different if it was the Governor, but many fans will recoil at Negan becoming the good guy. They only hope is with lagging viewership they realize him and kill him off. But they have always seemed determined to make this the Negan show.

by Anonymousreply 182April 10, 2018 3:31 PM

If this becomes the Negan show I'm out. The only reason I stick around now is for Rick. How could Maggie accept Negan into the group? It's just fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 183April 10, 2018 4:06 PM

I think they're trying for a redemption arc. He's been talking up his late wife Lucile. Isn't it sweet how he kills people with a weapon he named after her? Plus they've made sure we know Simone is worse. Never mind that all powerful Negan kept him around. We also haven't seen much of the wives lately. That would be problematic given that his coercing all these women into giving up their husbands for him, pretty much makes him a serial rapist and slave keeper. They made sure Carl died of a random bite and he's Negan's cheerleader and Negan liked Carl, so it's all good. I think the writers think he's funny or something, but he's more like that annoying boss who tells stupid jokes and thinks he's funny because everyone has to laugh. I've liked the actor in other things so I'm going to say it's the writing that's causing the problem.

by Anonymousreply 184April 10, 2018 7:50 PM

R182 how the hell do you know how long Jeffrey Dean Morgan's contract is?

by Anonymousreply 185April 10, 2018 9:19 PM

If for some freaking reason they make Negan a 'good guy' and have him try to take Rick's place, and Daryl doesn't immediately put a crossbow bolt right through his fucking face, then they should just end the show. Because it'll be well and truly done. Negan can not be redeemed and stay with the Alexandrians/Hilltoppers. Too many people (both on the show and the viewers) would not accept that. He is not a good guy. Whatever the show runners may do to try and fix him, it can't work. I don't care if it's talking about his dead wife, or his fondness for Carl, it won't soften his character up enough to justify keep him or assimilate him into the group.

by Anonymousreply 186April 10, 2018 11:51 PM

No after how they soften him up, he’s not an appealing or even slightly sympathetic character. Nobody’s gonna watch that. He starts talking and I zone right out. Stick a fork in it.

by Anonymousreply 187April 11, 2018 12:52 AM

Too much verbal diarrhea from Negan, and he killed with extreme brutality two of our favorite characters

No redemption for him

by Anonymousreply 188April 11, 2018 1:01 AM

So why are they advertising the season 8 finale as "The War is Over."

Or is that just more bullshit teasing from Scott Pimple?

by Anonymousreply 189April 11, 2018 1:04 AM

I believe all the main characters are paid per episode whether they appear or not.

If it wasn't for my bf, I would have been done after Glenn. Too gruesome and sad.

by Anonymousreply 190April 11, 2018 1:21 AM

OP=obviously trying to hard to be liked.

by Anonymousreply 191April 11, 2018 1:26 AM

The only thing I could find about JDM's contract length was from October 2016. He said Negan would be around for 3 or 4 seasons. Contracts are subject to change of course. They can get extended or options can get dropped at the end of the season.

by Anonymousreply 192April 11, 2018 2:35 AM

The season finale is being shown in theatres - wow! Combined with Fear of the Walking Dead, because Morgan is crossing over to bridge the two series. $12 to watch - I'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 193April 11, 2018 2:38 AM

I hate Morgan.

My WD hit list would be, in order:

Negan Eugene Rosita Morgan Tara

by Anonymousreply 194April 11, 2018 2:43 AM

The finale is going to be in theaters? Nobody watches it at home anymore.

by Anonymousreply 195April 11, 2018 4:16 PM

R191, I hope you die of lung cancer.

Better?

by Anonymousreply 196April 13, 2018 3:36 AM

Is Jesus even on this show any more?

by Anonymousreply 197April 15, 2018 10:11 PM

I think so, his name is still in the credits. It was last week anyway. I think I caught a glimpse of him a couple of weeks ago at the Hilltop.

by Anonymousreply 198April 15, 2018 10:15 PM

Hopefully he'll be given more screen time and story importance next season.

by Anonymousreply 199April 15, 2018 10:19 PM

They're obviously hiding the gays. Fanboys hate that shit. Can't kill the cash cow even if it's currently limping in the pasture.

by Anonymousreply 200April 15, 2018 10:21 PM

I truly and sincerely hope they completely wrap up this boring Negan storyline tonight. The rumor is that there will be a time jump between Season 8 and 9. I will be really happy if they can come up with something original and REALLY scary for next season. They also need to thin out the cast and cut the fat, so to speak. I hope they do not end tonight's finale with another cliffhanger. I still love the show, it just needs to get back on the right track.

I really want to see more Aaron and Jesus too.

by Anonymousreply 201April 15, 2018 10:54 PM

It would actually be nice if they had some... I don't know WALKING DEAD tonight too. There have been whole episodes this season with almost none.

by Anonymousreply 202April 15, 2018 11:45 PM

As I said earlier, they really need to trim the fat and get rid of some of the more bland/useless characters. I would be happy to see Eugene (please, please get rid of Eugene), Rosita, Father Gabriel, Tara, and three quarters of the Hillside, Alexandria, and Savior's Community turned into "walker fodder."

by Anonymousreply 203April 16, 2018 12:26 AM

Who was the super-whorefan on The Talking Dead last Sunday with all the stupid notes? All they just letting people from the street on as panel guests now?

by Anonymousreply 204April 16, 2018 12:45 AM

Fear The Dead looks like it has a different tone this season. Lighter? The farm redux on the WD? Is Morgan a permanent member of the cast or is he going back to Widow's Peak? Will check it out because I am bored to death with the battle of the dick swinging swag monkeys. I stole that from Rick Wilson who was describing Trump and Chumps but it just seems to work well in so many different situations.

by Anonymousreply 205April 16, 2018 12:46 AM

I've never loved you, Eugene, until tonight.

by Anonymousreply 206April 16, 2018 1:39 AM

Eugene I love you man!!

by Anonymousreply 207April 16, 2018 1:40 AM

What did Eugene do tonight to make him suddenly so lovable

by Anonymousreply 208April 16, 2018 2:42 AM

I wonder if next season is going to be Maggie, Jesus, and Daryl trying and failing multiple times to kill Negan. Coming up with crazy plans a la Wile. E. Coyote. What fun! /sarcasm.

Isn't Jesus a peaceful kind of guy? Seems out of character fr him to want to kill someone. Maybe he just really hates Negan (I skipped all last season, so there's probably a reason beyond the obvious Negan is a dick)

by Anonymousreply 209April 16, 2018 2:43 AM

R208 he double crossed Negan and made the bullets so they'd explode in the guns when the Saviours shot them. He killed a whole bunch of them and injured Negan's handwoven they tried to shoot Rick's group.

It was pretty cool.

by Anonymousreply 210April 16, 2018 2:46 AM

* hand when

by Anonymousreply 211April 16, 2018 2:47 AM

Negan’s handwoven.... hee hee.

by Anonymousreply 212April 16, 2018 2:50 AM

JDM's beard is...something. He should be wearing longer socks, however.

by Anonymousreply 213April 16, 2018 3:25 AM

At least we won't have to see rat-faced Dwight anymore.

by Anonymousreply 214April 16, 2018 3:48 AM

Jesus deciding he wants Negan dead is just lazy writing, just like Eugene's exploding bullets which was really really predictable. How does Eugene get a pass after his bio warfare idea from 2 eps ago?

by Anonymousreply 215April 16, 2018 3:50 AM

The writing became really lazy after the fifth season.

by Anonymousreply 216April 16, 2018 4:04 AM

R209 Yeah, I was really surprised to see Jesus be cool with that, I don't get it. It could have been Carol, Daryl and Maggie plotting there, a fun little murderous group.

I can't seem to stop watching, but I really hope next season is the last. And that Maggie gets to kill Negan and that Michonne and Rick don't turn it into a big thing, just let the woman avenge Glenn for all of us, not a lot to ask.

by Anonymousreply 217April 16, 2018 4:41 AM

I just can't with this show anymore.

Rick could have let Negan die, and still made the same speech, and ended up with the same results.

The Saviors would have been okay with it, because Negan was a ruthless dictator. Maggie would have been okay with it because he killed Glenn. Darryl would have been okay with it, because Negan killed Glenn BECAUSE of Darryl. Rosita would have been okay with it, becase Negan killed Abraham.

EVERYONE WOULD HAVE FUCKING BEEN OKAY WITH KILLING NEGAN!!!

That's why I gave up on this show. It's stupid, fucking lazy writing for the sake of keeping on certain actors who the "higher ups" like personally, and getting rid of other actors because of money. It really isn't about the plot, or making sense, or anything good. It's all about a means to an end to satisfy the studio (AMC) and stroking Kirkman's, Nicotero's, and Gale Ann Turd's "Executive Producer" egos. And that really fucking SUCKS.

by Anonymousreply 218April 16, 2018 4:57 AM

But but but Coral said not to! Have to honor the dead son!

by Anonymousreply 219April 16, 2018 5:19 AM

Why was Negan almost crying when he was under the tree with Rick? (pre-throat slash). Rick asked for ten seconds for Carl, and Negan was fine, but then he looked at Rick and got all teary. Rick was also almost in tears. It was weird. Were we supposed to feel sympathy for Negan then? Think that he wasn't such a bad guy because he was affected by Carl? Or for Rick's love for Carl? I'm not sure.

by Anonymousreply 220April 16, 2018 5:22 AM

I couldn't read the note that Dwight was holding. Was it written by Sherry? Was she telling him that she is still alive? I suspect that we haven't seen the last of Dwight and that would be okay with me. I've grown used to his scarred face. Fact is, Darryl doesn't look much/any better. And Dwight is a much more interesting character. And a better actor. Isn't there another badass group of villains on the horizon in the comics? So Negan is going to be their prisoner. Good luck with that. What could possibly go wrong? Why has the Jesus character turned so dark? Is the repentant Savior going to be a love interest for Maggie? Why do I fucking care?

by Anonymousreply 221April 16, 2018 10:40 AM

It is stupid to let Negan live but that's what happened in the comics. Obviously the show doesn't always follow the comics but it's not JDM thing, it's the way it happened in the comics.

I figured Eugene would come thru and help his old friends.

It can be interesting to see how the dynamic between Maggie/Jesus/Daryl and Rick/Michonne changes I guess. I think Jesus is generally Mr. Peace but I think it's not too far of a stretch for even him to see that Negan had to go. It might be more satisfying to have Maggie be the one to take Negan out.

If the show follows the comics The Whisperers are the next group that the survivors face. From what my friend who reads the comics told me they aren't so much badass as completely insane. I guess we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 222April 16, 2018 11:37 AM

Gave up on this show a few episodes in to this season. Could not take Neegan anymore. When they said this finale was going to wrap up 8 seasons I was hoping they would get rid of him and I might come back. Oh well.

Did Lauren Cohan resign with the show? I know she was holding out for more money.

by Anonymousreply 223April 16, 2018 11:56 AM

[quote] Is the repentant Savior going to be a love interest for Maggie?

That's what I was thinking. They'd make a cute couple, and that guy (I don't know his character name) is a stud.

He does look quite a bit younger than her, though.

by Anonymousreply 224April 16, 2018 12:05 PM

I think the fans would be upset if Maggie moved on so quickly. Not a lot of time has passed on their timeline since Glenn died.

by Anonymousreply 225April 16, 2018 12:07 PM

They start filming next month, and still no deal with Lauren.

by Anonymousreply 226April 16, 2018 1:32 PM

[quote] still no deal with Lauren

I'm glad that Lauren is holding AMC hostage. I'll bet that she's getting paid far less than Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, and even Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

She should demand more pay. They need her more than she needs them, at this point.

by Anonymousreply 227April 16, 2018 1:39 PM

I really don't care too much for the character of Maggie either way but it seems that AMC really doesn't have a choice but to pay her after setting up the "Mob Boss Maggie" storyline for next season. Not sure how they can credibly kill her off story wise and especially after killing off Carl for questionable reasons. It might be a breaking point for a lot of fans if they know she was killed off because of money. So I'm sure she'll reach a deal.

by Anonymousreply 228April 16, 2018 1:46 PM

They're probably FUMING at the thought of having to pay her more R228, and most likely planning all the different horrible death-by-Walker scenarios that they can come up with!

Nevertheless, they're going to have to pay her what she wants, especially given what you just pointed out.

It really warms my heart to see AMC having to squeeze more nickels out of their tight hole.

by Anonymousreply 229April 16, 2018 1:52 PM

I'm not upset they didn't kill Negan. That would've been nice- he's annoying as hell-but as long as he's captured and we can end the whole endless Saviours vs. good guys battle, it's good. That was so repetitive.

What is the name of the former Saviour who is now helping hilltop/Maggie? The young guy.

by Anonymousreply 230April 16, 2018 3:28 PM

In reply to above about question about long term contract. It was some tv critics opinion. He wrote a story about JDM having a long term contract and the writers loved him any wanted to keep him on and he believed it was to take over for Lincoln as the leader when Lincoln leaves. He wrote this at the beginning of the season warning everyone that he didn't think Negan would be killed off. Don't have link, can't remember his name. But I think he or someone else wrote that Carl's death works perfectly with that scenario because they didn't want Carl to be the leader if Lincoln leaves.

by Anonymousreply 231April 16, 2018 3:47 PM

Rick did the same thing in the comics- taking Negan prisoner- without Carl having to die in the comics.

Maggie is the leader of the hilltop in the comics. She could be leader with no Rick, Carl or Negan.

by Anonymousreply 232April 16, 2018 3:56 PM

They didn't kill of Negan because, no matter how much the TV audience hates him, he is the number one popular character in the comics and they are catering to them.

by Anonymousreply 233April 16, 2018 4:05 PM

[quote]as long as he's captured and we can end the whole endless Saviours vs. good guys battle, it's good. That was so repetitive.

You think that was repetitive, get ready for the "civil war" between the good guys.

by Anonymousreply 234April 16, 2018 4:07 PM

That’s a huge part of why this “prisoner” storyline is so dumb. Why would Rick piss off Maggie and Daryl and Jesus just to keep Negan of all people alive? Makes no sense at all.

When Rick slit his throat I thought they were actually gonna kill him off.

I don’t mind Negan as a character but keeping him alive just makes zero sense as far as storytelling goes. It’s just not believable that Rick wouldn’t kill him no matter how they try to twist it,

by Anonymousreply 235April 16, 2018 4:15 PM

What happened to the autistic junkyard bitch who betrayed Rick et al?

by Anonymousreply 236April 16, 2018 4:19 PM

Rick always has to win. The straight white male must win. Middle America won't watch it otherwise. God forbid Maggie wins.

by Anonymousreply 237April 16, 2018 4:23 PM

Of course Rick gets to decide that Negan lives. Maggie's the one with an concrete stake in it, and Rick decides. That's fucked.

by Anonymousreply 238April 16, 2018 4:33 PM

R236 Rick invited her to live in Alexandria. She went.

Her real name is AnnE

by Anonymousreply 239April 16, 2018 4:39 PM

Maggie shouldn't have let Jesus know about her intentions against Rick... Darryl sure. But not bleeding heart Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 240April 16, 2018 4:48 PM

The finale and Negan’s fate doesn’t redeem the last few seasons of the Saviours nonsense. Eugene however completely redeemed himself and Rosita is an dick for punching him. He only puked on you for fucks sakes and saved your temperamental ass from a quick death. Can she die please?

by Anonymousreply 241April 16, 2018 4:56 PM

They should have had Rick giving his speech and behind him we see Maggie walk up to Negan and shoot him.

So Negan will be in a cell. Let me guess, either he'll have constant visitors or they will make an outside cell so he can interact with everyone. It such a slap in the face to the character of Glenn. not to mention that poor woman that took care of Rick's daughter while he was off screwing up everyone's life.

by Anonymousreply 242April 16, 2018 5:17 PM

R221 I have all the same question down to the why do I fucking care.

And I would be amongst those who still grieve for Glenn, so I'm not excited to see Maggie with anyone else yet.

R238 Absolutely.

I mean, I'm glad Eugene came through, but the punch wasn't that out of place.

by Anonymousreply 243April 16, 2018 5:33 PM

Eugene did create the bio weapon that killed a bunch of Hilltoppers.

by Anonymousreply 244April 16, 2018 6:09 PM

Obviously, Negan is not going to remain in a cell for long.

by Anonymousreply 245April 16, 2018 6:29 PM

If the future comics are what they're going to source material from, it's going to be a boring season 8.

by Anonymousreply 246April 16, 2018 7:34 PM

Andy Lincoln was on Talking Dead last night. He's so incredibly charming and sexy. By contrast, JDM looked liked his Volkswagen Microbus was parked out front waiting to transport his hippy self back to the compound. Too bad because he's a good-looking guy when he cleans up.

With Morgan gone, Rick is the only remaining character from Season 1. There's no show without Andy, so once he's gone, I'm out too.

by Anonymousreply 247April 16, 2018 7:50 PM

Carol and Daryl are still there from Season 1. And I have a feeling Morgan will be back. The timeline of the two shows is different so they can make that work.

I don't think they will do the show without Rick. At least they shouldn't bother with it if there is no Rick.

by Anonymousreply 248April 16, 2018 7:58 PM

Loved FTWD last season and was so excited to see what happens. A full hour of Morgan and a few new characters for the premiere . They didn't meet up with any regulars until the last shot. I was really pissed. Apparently this is going to be the Morgan show as he whines about having to kill people. And it's in current time! There is no way FTWD could be the same time with TWD, but it is. And if that isn't bad enough, Jenna Elfman is a new character. Who keeps giving that Scientologist bitch roles?

by Anonymousreply 249April 16, 2018 8:03 PM

In the comics, the timeline jumps two years from "all out war".

by Anonymousreply 250April 16, 2018 8:37 PM

I was wondering if JDM's hobo beard was for the show. Specifically to show a time jump from the finale. Like Negan's been locked up for a year.

But then Maggie would have to have had her baby. I hope it's a boy and looks like Glenn.

by Anonymousreply 251April 17, 2018 12:40 AM

I thought the same thing about Andy r247. My exact thought was 'he's so charming that if I ever met him I'm sure I'd be reduced to a stammering idiot.' He was so friendly and seems like he actually pays attention to you when you talk. Plus he's a little bit of a dork. And he's pretty.

by Anonymousreply 252April 17, 2018 12:47 AM

I can't believe they are already trying to hook Maggie up with someone else. She's still carrying poor Glenn's baby. I'm taking it that Glenn has only been dead a few weeks judging by Maggie's lack of showing at this point. Jeez Louise!

by Anonymousreply 253April 17, 2018 2:12 AM

[quote] I can't believe they are already trying to hook Maggie up with someone else.

Well you have to admit R253, the guy is super cute.

I'd hit it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254April 17, 2018 2:27 AM

Whoops! Here's a larger photo of Alden..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255April 17, 2018 2:28 AM

Maggie and Alden would make a cute couple.

Same hair, same height.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256April 17, 2018 2:29 AM

That scuzzbag Saviour in the photo at r255 was probably thinking that he'd hit it too. JDM's looks have never recovered from losing all that weight for a different role. He really needs to gain some weight and then do some light weight training. He WAS a good looking guy but now he just looks sickly to me. Still has those great choppers though. I feel for the guy. He thought this would be the role of a lifetime and it's become a career killer. At least we got to see him do something besides snark and roll in these last few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 257April 17, 2018 2:38 AM

[quote] At least we got to see him do something besides snark and roll in these last few episodes

It's called, "the dip" lol.

Also, JDM has no ass whatsoever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258April 17, 2018 2:44 AM

JDM was hot as hell as the Comedian in The Watchmen. That role is probably why he was chosen as Negan. They had a similar personality.

by Anonymousreply 259April 17, 2018 2:55 AM

Please kill Darryl.

by Anonymousreply 260April 17, 2018 3:18 AM

Rofl at R260. That's a first.

The WD fangurls would absolutely mob and lynch you, if they ever read what you wrote.

by Anonymousreply 261April 17, 2018 3:31 AM

Do the WD fans still love Daryl? Why? Norman Reedus is a terrible actor.

by Anonymousreply 262April 17, 2018 3:45 AM

That's it, r258. The Dip shit:)

by Anonymousreply 263April 17, 2018 4:47 AM

Didn't Maggie already have the baby?

by Anonymousreply 264April 17, 2018 4:55 AM

How is it that Rick hasn't knocked up Michonne yet? Does he pull out or does he finish in her ass?

by Anonymousreply 265April 17, 2018 5:10 AM

They only do anal.

by Anonymousreply 266April 17, 2018 5:13 AM

R259 And I thought I was the only one who knew about or appreciated the Comedian's undeniable hawtness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267April 17, 2018 6:27 AM

I'm just grateful they finally panned the camera up. It infuriated me knowing there is this empty, clean, green world waiting for the survivors if only they looked the fuck further than 10 feet away.

by Anonymousreply 268April 17, 2018 7:44 AM

What role did JDM have to lose weight for? He’s been in the show long enough to gain the weight back.

by Anonymousreply 269April 17, 2018 9:02 AM

I think it was a mini series called Texas Rising or Texas Uprising, something like that. His character had tuberculosis, I think, and was sickly so JDM lost 40 pounds to look ill. He must've liked being thinner b/c he kept the weight off.

He said he lost the weight by eating one can of tuna a day for months. That seems healthy...

by Anonymousreply 270April 17, 2018 12:31 PM

Matthew McCaunihay never got his pre Dallas Buyers Club looks back. After 40 those extreme diets and yo yo weight loss and gain just fucks with your skin.

by Anonymousreply 271April 17, 2018 3:30 PM

That should read McConaughey.

by Anonymousreply 272April 17, 2018 3:32 PM

One of the many things that doesn't make sense to me it that Rick got to dictate what happened to Negan. Why wasn't it put to a vote? Maggie is the one running the Hilltop. Don't the former slave laborers from the Saviors have a say. What about the "wives". I'm thinking there are a lot of people who'd prefer if he died. If Rick is showing them a better way, why is he acting as dictator?

by Anonymousreply 273April 17, 2018 3:47 PM

Yes, it will be Maggie and Alden sitting in a tree next season. K I S S I N G.

by Anonymousreply 274April 17, 2018 4:29 PM

So, the clip we saw at the beginning of the season. Rick has the long beard, Negan is there and Eugene. Judith is about 4 or 5 years old. They are all living happily together in what looks like Alexandria. This is what S9 will look like?

by Anonymousreply 275April 17, 2018 7:44 PM

So the new season is going to be a redux of living peacefully, building things, just tillin', chillin', fuckin' and having babies, and then The Whisperers show up and want their new shit and they be CRAAAZY, so there is a moral dilemma about fighting to keep it, AGAIN, and then a new herd ambles through destroying it all anyway? Huh.

by Anonymousreply 276April 17, 2018 8:04 PM

Oh, Lord!

by Anonymousreply 277April 17, 2018 8:46 PM

Season 9 will be all about Jesus trying to find someone to love and to share his hair conditioner with.

by Anonymousreply 278April 17, 2018 8:51 PM

DC is only about 9.9 miles away from Alexandria...and they STILL have never gotten there! So much for that plan.

And next season they're headed back to Georgia (according to Lennie James on Talking Dead).

by Anonymousreply 279April 17, 2018 8:55 PM

I bet it's safe in DC, cause the walkers won't eat their own kind.

by Anonymousreply 280April 17, 2018 10:15 PM

TWD: Civil War

by Anonymousreply 281April 18, 2018 12:52 AM

Why would they go back to Georgia? Are you sure lennie wasnt talking about the actors going back to Georgia?

by Anonymousreply 282April 18, 2018 1:25 AM

Jesus just agreed to the constructive part of Maggie's opinion. Daryl agreed to the destructive part. Jesus just smirked at him like he always did.

by Anonymousreply 283April 19, 2018 5:43 AM

I just finished watching the finale, and what a load of bullshit. There is no way that they can keep Negan in jail for any length of time; won't this storyline ever end?

by Anonymousreply 284April 19, 2018 6:05 PM

I can't believe it, after everything he's done. What a crock of shit.

by Anonymousreply 285April 19, 2018 6:22 PM

I hate Negan. I hate hate hate him. The writing, performance, dumb monologues, idiotic behaviour. He killed the show for me.

Of all new characters, I kind of like Dwight. And of course, he is gone from the show.

by Anonymousreply 286April 23, 2018 4:02 PM

Dwight is not dead, though, right?

by Anonymousreply 287April 24, 2018 3:23 AM

Not dead, but expelled from the group by Daryl. He could show up again.

by Anonymousreply 288April 24, 2018 3:26 AM

I feel like the rest of you who insist on continuing to watch this show post-Carl just got seriously punk'd with the season finale. I'm glad I jumped ship. I hate Negan and to think that after all he's done, Rick went all Buddha on him? Please.

by Anonymousreply 289April 24, 2018 3:27 AM

Agreed R289, the show is 100% rancid.

by Anonymousreply 290April 24, 2018 3:48 AM

This show has become a shambling corpse, and needs to be taken out.

by Anonymousreply 291April 24, 2018 3:57 AM

R287 R288

I read on reddit that actor shaved his beard, so it's most likely means he is leaving the show.

by Anonymousreply 292April 25, 2018 2:26 PM

It jumped the shark with the fake Glenn death, followed by the real Glenn death.

Fuck Scott Gimple and that other asshole-

by Anonymousreply 293April 25, 2018 3:14 PM

Looks like Lauren Cohan has signed up for another season. If season 9 jumps ahead 2 years, we could finally see baby Glenn.

by Anonymousreply 294April 25, 2018 4:34 PM

I heard that they got rid of the Dwight character because the actor (Austin Amelio) somehow had something to do with the accident on set, where the stuntman died.

Instead of killing him off on the show, they exiled him (which I found strange), and Daryl left him with the parting words to "make things right."

I found that very ironic, considering the circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 295April 25, 2018 4:48 PM

R295

Well, this is strange. Stuntman died year ago (Amelio was on the roof with him), why fire him now? His role was bigger in season 8, and character more likeable.

Also accident happened because of AMC's cheap ass.

by Anonymousreply 296April 25, 2018 4:58 PM

R295

Btw, where did you heard that?

by Anonymousreply 297April 25, 2018 4:59 PM

I read it somewhere R297, but it was a while back.

I'll try and locate the article.

by Anonymousreply 298April 25, 2018 5:17 PM

R297

Thanks. This whole story is very sad. I feel sorry for poor stuntman and his family, but i also feel sorry for Amelio. From what i read, another stuntman should've been on the roof, but AMC is so cheap that they didn't bothered. So possibly Amelio did something wrong, and stunt coordinator did something wrong, and many factors came together and resulted in tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 299April 25, 2018 5:27 PM

I agree, the accident was horrible. I can't believe Amelio had anything to do with it. More than likely the fact that AMC is so fucking cheap. He is going to be on Reedus's ride show this season. I bet we see him on S9 of the TWD.

by Anonymousreply 300April 25, 2018 6:17 PM

I stopped watching mid Season 7, I got bored. Sounds like I'm not missing anything. Seasons 1 and 2 will always be my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 301April 26, 2018 12:42 AM

It was a stunt where he fell off the roof of a building and miscalculated where to land and hit concrete instead of the airbag. How did the actor have anything to do with that?

by Anonymousreply 302April 26, 2018 1:00 AM

Well I don't want to give out any spoilers but I heard the next season will actually have a walker or two! Don't tell anyone.

by Anonymousreply 303April 26, 2018 1:06 AM

R302

He was there with him, maybe he did something? Stuntman's mother is suing AMC, and Amelio is mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 304April 26, 2018 2:12 PM

Wow, i just read that Timothy Olyphant auditioned for Negan. He is very interesting actor.

by Anonymousreply 305April 26, 2018 5:43 PM

JDM looks so uncomfortable on TTD. When the actor who just joined FTD joked that he was offered the part of Negan Morgan looked like he wanted to sink down into the couch cushions. He laughed but that must have stung. Andy Lincoln is so popular for a reason. Charming and funny and still a FOX. Love him. And Melissa.

by Anonymousreply 306April 26, 2018 6:05 PM

I'm convinced that the actor who played Simon auditioned and got very close to playing Negan. His playing Simon was his consolation prize.

by Anonymousreply 307April 26, 2018 6:48 PM

Timothy Olyphant is good actor. I really enjoyed Justified. JDM is not a bad actor. He just overacts with Negan, a little of him goes along way. Most people believe he got the part because of his friendship with NR. He does resemble comic book Negan.

by Anonymousreply 308April 26, 2018 7:23 PM

Walking Dead: Inside Lauren Cohan's 'Part-Time' Season 9 Return

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309May 29, 2018 3:38 AM

It was bound to happen sometime!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310May 29, 2018 8:33 PM

Wow, this is HUGE news at R310.

See, they never should have fired Carl.

Andrew was keeping it together for his acting "family." Now that they killed off his "son," he said, fuck you to AMC. Good!

I say fuck you to AMC, also.

by Anonymousreply 311May 29, 2018 9:16 PM

So, TWD's collapse is complete.

by Anonymousreply 312May 29, 2018 10:56 PM

Can't wait to watch the final season of Walking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 313May 30, 2018 2:41 AM

I'm glad Andrew is leaving. I doubt the killing of Carl went over well with him. You work with a kid for 8 years who could actually be your son, and see his character killed because Grimes et al., did not want to pay him the non-minor rate salary now that he's turning 18? Fuck TWD and Fuck AMC for allowing Grimes to derail this show so much off the comics.

by Anonymousreply 314May 30, 2018 3:08 AM

Damn. Its going to kill the show. It is impossible to replace Andy.

by Anonymousreply 315May 30, 2018 4:07 AM

If the producers were smart, they would end the show with Season 9.

They could really make the show go out with a bang. But of course they won't do it. They're too greedy.

by Anonymousreply 316May 30, 2018 6:13 AM

I could see them ending Walking Dead and keeping Fear on the air. Maybe even transition some of the cast over to that.

by Anonymousreply 317May 30, 2018 6:16 AM

R314 - you know ah’m fictional dont’cha? And I luvvved Karllll!

by Anonymousreply 318May 30, 2018 7:30 AM

Did Karl die in the comics?

by Anonymousreply 319May 30, 2018 8:26 AM

They should just end the show.

It sucks we'll never get a proper ending for this, since TWD was once a great show.

by Anonymousreply 320May 30, 2018 8:46 AM

So, their going to push Reedus up to take over Lincoln's role. That's a stretch. He's going to have to mumble and burp out more than two words per episode. I agree they should just end it this season.

by Anonymousreply 321May 30, 2018 4:21 PM

TWD jumped the shark with the fake Glenn/real Glenn death. The only reason I still watch is because my bf likes it. But honestly, I hate when shows have to write based on characters leaving the show or being let go.

by Anonymousreply 322May 30, 2018 4:30 PM

Well, they will definitely save money on writers. How hard is to write, grr, grunt, walkers, we ain't, and huh?

by Anonymousreply 323May 30, 2018 5:16 PM

AMC is probably happy Rossane melted down. This would be getting a lot more press attention if it weren't for Rossane. Having the lead leave popular show usually sends fans and entertainment press into a tizzy. Reedus hasn't done much on the show recently. I'm not sure he has what it takes to lead the show. They probably wanted Negan to be lead, but realized he's deeply hated by the audience.

by Anonymousreply 324May 30, 2018 5:37 PM

I repeated over a year ago what an editorial piece said about Negan. He was brought in to eventually replace Rick. Lincoln has wanted to leave and they didn't want Carl's character around anymore with out Rick. JDM signed a multi-year contract. This is exactly what the guy predicted. The two gone starts a reboot. He predicted Negan would eventually be the leader, but I don't think they can do that now because people are still pissed Rick didn't kill Negan. But I bet they will do it eventually because Norman doesn't have the acting ability to replace Lincoln. And say goodbye to Michonne. I wonder if they will keep Judith around.

by Anonymousreply 325May 30, 2018 5:54 PM

No one is going to accept Negan as the groups leader. Stick a fork in this show, its over.

by Anonymousreply 326May 30, 2018 8:15 PM

Scott Gimple can lick my ass after a jar of Nutella, a few ears of corn and Del Taco. Fuck that geek.

by Anonymousreply 327May 30, 2018 8:35 PM

I'm currently practicing for years of on-air deep-throating Negan and Lucille.

by Anonymousreply 328May 30, 2018 8:40 PM

[quote]And say goodbye to Michonne.

I remember posting a while ago that Danai Gurira / Michonne is the actor on the show that could leave at any time and be just fine.

Those Marvel movies, two of which she has been in so far (and she has already shot a third) will keep her working for the next decade.

I could totally see her leaving with Andrew or right after him.

by Anonymousreply 329May 30, 2018 8:48 PM

I'll bet Morgan won't be the only character to move to FTWD. They have completely fucked up that show and just killed off a main character. I hope they don't kill off Rick early in the season and then make us watch him in flashbacks. That's what they are doing on FTWD and it is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 330May 30, 2018 8:52 PM

As Lincoln is leaving, what they need to do is have the group meet up with some amazing survivor area where safety and a return to civilization is a definite possibility. If they just kill him and have the show go on, it will sully the franchise, which can go into syndication and have spin offs to continue its profitability.

If the show ends on a high note, interest will remain high and people will see the franchise well. But AMC probably is thinking small with this, desperate to wring as many more eps out of it as they can. Shame.

by Anonymousreply 331May 30, 2018 9:06 PM

"Andrew Lincoln to Exit 'Walking Dead,' Norman Reedus Negotiating $20M-Plus New Deal"

'Walking Dead' leading man Andrew Lincoln will appear in a handful of episodes of the upcoming ninth season of the AMC zombie drama. Meanwhile, co-star Norman Reedus, who plays Daryl, is in the midst of negotiating a rich new deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332May 30, 2018 11:26 PM

Who's going to take care of baby Judith? Stinky Daryl?

by Anonymousreply 333May 30, 2018 11:28 PM

Probably Carol. She has nothing else to do on the show.

by Anonymousreply 334May 30, 2018 11:29 PM

Is Norman Reedus fucking crazy? $20 million a season?

I guess he's trying to get himself fired. Probably doesn't want to stick around if Lincoln leaves, so he's just fucking with AMC.

by Anonymousreply 335May 30, 2018 11:30 PM

Daryl was the first one to step up and take care of Judith when Rick lost his mind over Lori's death.

by Anonymousreply 336May 30, 2018 11:32 PM

They have $20M to throw at Norman Reedus, but they couldn't pay Chandler Riggs? That's fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 337May 30, 2018 11:33 PM

I would watch it again if Daryl came out.

by Anonymousreply 338May 30, 2018 11:35 PM

I don't think Riggs was about money. They have known for a few years Lincoln wanted out. They obviously have a game plan here, and it was to get rid of both so a new leader could step in. They knew in that dream sequence Negan and Eugene were going to join the group. This was all planned and I still think they wanted Negan to step in for Rick. He is popular in the comics and I think they thought it would be the same with the show. Teenage boys are really into him and the gore. But I think they realize with the falling ratings that is not possible right now with the more adult TV audience.

by Anonymousreply 339May 31, 2018 12:09 AM

Merge the two shows and make Dillahunt the lead.

by Anonymousreply 340May 31, 2018 12:49 AM

It doesnt make any sense, R339. In this case, they would've keep Carl alive, because him and Negan have interesting relationship in comics.

by Anonymousreply 341May 31, 2018 2:43 AM

That's because it WAS about money, R341.

I don't know why people like R339 keep pushing the "it wasn't about money" story when it comes to Chandler Riggs being fired, because it clearly WAS about money.

They must work for AMC.

by Anonymousreply 342May 31, 2018 3:09 AM

While I'm sure AMC are all about the money, I'm also sure there were additional reasons to why he was fired. It's not like Riggs was going to get paid anywhere near what Lincoln or Reedus got. If they wanted to keep him on the show with a tight budget, they could have gotten rid of a handful of useless adult characters.

Gimple said during season 6, I believe, that he felt the show could go on for 20 years. It was clear back then they were trying to regulate Rick into being just part of an ensemble and less the main lead. They felt they could make this show last for 20 years by making it about the post-walkers world and not about Rick's journey.

For people looking for quality TV and not trash, they failed. Gimple is not talented enough to create a compelling world while introducing new characters the way Darabont did. While Darabont and Mazzara were great with character driven plots, Gimple is the complete opposite. It's all about cheap tricks and copying scenes from the comics.

Season 8 was so amateurish that it's hard to believe they can bounce back. The team behind the show seems arrogant and blind to how bad the show is. It's not even about bad writing only anymore, this season had amateurish gun fights, bad acting, even bad editing. It might be time to finally admit that the makeup and special effects on this show also tend to suck at times and look fake.

Making a decent show again will require a complete new approach and ability to keep some people's ego in check. I hope the new showrunner has what it takes to give us at least a decent ending.

by Anonymousreply 343May 31, 2018 9:20 AM

R343, don't forget the horrible dialogue. Dialogue from comics doesn't work on quality TV. That Billy Jack guy is just as stupid as Morgan. TWD started to fall apart when Morgan became a pacifist and they had him take Carol along for the ride. All the character development went out the window as did the fun. All of that is being carried over to FTWD. I am sure Rick will die realizing he should have been a pacifist. Which might work in the real world but doesn't make for interesting TV during the zombie apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 344May 31, 2018 3:04 PM

It's about the money, it's always about the money. That's really all AMC cares about.

by Anonymousreply 345May 31, 2018 3:33 PM

Well, if they care about money, they are fucking idiots, because ratings are down, people are very upset about Maggie, Carl, Glenn, Rick. And you know Michonne will follow soon. And then what character people are going to follow? Negan? People HATE him. Father Gabriel? Rosita? Carol used to be cool, but they destroyed her character. AMC managers and producers all but killed this cashcow.

by Anonymousreply 346May 31, 2018 3:51 PM

AMC is the worst company to work for, especially after Mad Men ended, the “creatives” are everything but, Gimple is a perfect example, low paid, highly opinionated without a shred of understanding for narrative. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 347May 31, 2018 4:02 PM

Andrew Lincoln is a decent actor, he'll have no problem finding work. Norman Reedus on the other hand, will have to ride this thing until the bitter end. Which sad to say is probably one, maybe two more seasons.

by Anonymousreply 348May 31, 2018 5:52 PM

Rant from another actor about Andrew Lincoln leaving

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349May 31, 2018 8:02 PM

Like it or not, TWD was the saga of Rick Grimes in the zombie apocalypse.

The idea that he could be replaced by a repellent psychopath who brutally butchered two of the show's most popular characters is beyond absurd, and if this is AMC's plan, the network must be run by inexperienced fools.

Personally, I checked out of TWD last season, when a year had gone by with no resolution to the Negan war, and endless, tedious shootouts between surviving groups I couldn't have cared less about.

At one time, this was a story about monsters in the woods, who could and would devour someone at any given moment. Then it degenerated into battles between factions, CGI tigers, absurd rallying speeches, monosyllabic trash tribes and all manner of idiocy. Killing off Carl was a self-inflicted body blow, but losing the show's POV character and leading man is most assuredly the death knell.

TWD is toast.

by Anonymousreply 350May 31, 2018 8:28 PM

I don't think they foresaw the negative reaction viewers had to the brutality of those two deaths and how repulsed the viewers were. And they seemed to take great pride, almost cockiness, in the brutality. Like straight 14 and 15 year old boys. I don't think after that there was any coming back for Negan to be leader. They should have thought of that prior to the filming. They really wanted to up the brutality and gore of the living, have lots of gunfights, and be action packed. To counter this they had the stupid storyline of Morgan and Carol. They totally fucked it up.

by Anonymousreply 351May 31, 2018 11:02 PM

Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Glen Mazzara, David Alpert and Darabont are all currently in legal dispute with AMC.

Maybe the last seasons were the result of Gimple and Nicotero left to their own devices with everybody else either being blocked or slowly checking out.

by Anonymousreply 352June 1, 2018 10:34 AM

AMC may want to take a look at some of Reedus's other work before they fork over $20M.

by Anonymousreply 353June 1, 2018 8:24 PM

Lol.... oh, the SHADE R353!

You must be Lauren Cohan.

by Anonymousreply 354June 1, 2018 8:47 PM

Lauren Cohan's only other major credit before Walking Dead was 'Van Wilder 2'

by Anonymousreply 355June 1, 2018 8:53 PM

And Supernatural as "Bella," R355.

by Anonymousreply 356June 1, 2018 8:55 PM

They should just scrap everything and start over with grown up Judith as the lead.

by Anonymousreply 357June 1, 2018 8:55 PM

Guess who might be coming back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358June 18, 2018 11:39 PM

Sounds like a desperate attempt to improve ratings.

Instead of trying to make the actual show and the writing better, these idiots are using stunt casting now.

They really don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 359June 19, 2018 2:07 AM

well at this point they have nothing to lose.

by Anonymousreply 360June 19, 2018 2:30 AM

It will be good to see Shane again, even if only for one episode. Who's next T-Dog, Meryl, Sophie?

by Anonymousreply 361June 19, 2018 3:00 PM

[quote]I remember posting a while ago that Danai Gurira / Michonne is the actor on the show that could leave at any time and be just fine.

She is also a Tony Award nominated playwright.

[quote]

Is Norman Reedus fucking crazy? $20 million a season?I guess he's trying to get himself fired. Probably doesn't want to stick around if Lincoln leaves, so he's just fucking with AMC.

First season he was getting $20 and autograph, now he's getting $80 and another $100 for a picture with him. And there are lines for hours.

by Anonymousreply 362June 19, 2018 3:37 PM

$100 for a picture with him, really? No way AMC pays him $20M. He cannot hold that show on his own.

by Anonymousreply 363June 19, 2018 6:03 PM

The $20M is probably a multi seasonal deal to make sure he doesn't leave.

I hope he turns it down and leaves together with Lincoln, but he probably won't.

by Anonymousreply 364June 19, 2018 6:10 PM

I doubt he leaves, what else has he got to do. Danai will defiantly be the next to leave.

by Anonymousreply 365June 19, 2018 6:22 PM

Jesus, Maggie's gay hairdresser and close confident, will probably leave too.

by Anonymousreply 366June 19, 2018 7:30 PM

^^confidant

by Anonymousreply 367June 19, 2018 7:31 PM

Norman Reedus should have more dignity, than sticking with this crappy show.

He was so good in the movie where he played the younger lover of an older man, and he was also great in "Boondock Saints."

The guy should go back to making movies, instead of letting AMC use him, and ruining his acting reputation in the process.

by Anonymousreply 368June 19, 2018 7:47 PM

I think he should take an AMC deal. Like any actor (but especially him), he has limited shelf-life. Take the Money and Run. Your mansions will thank you for it.

by Anonymousreply 369June 19, 2018 9:46 PM

[quote] Danai will defiantly be the next to leave.

She may leave but she shouldn't be defiant about it. No need to burn your bridges, girlfriend!

by Anonymousreply 370June 19, 2018 9:53 PM

T-Dog lol. The zombie survivor who couldn't do anything right.

by Anonymousreply 371June 19, 2018 9:54 PM

Here's a thought: why don't they just combine the two Walking Dead shows and be done with it?

Then there would be tons of characters for Gimple to fuck up/with.

by Anonymousreply 372June 23, 2018 12:18 AM

Walking Dead will continue for at least the next decade

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373September 21, 2018 2:16 AM

[quote]$100 for a picture with him, really?

Nope, price went up to $125. That's for standing next to him for twenty seconds while a professional photographer snaps a pic and NEXT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374September 21, 2018 9:10 AM

They can say whatever they want, but Walking Dead was over when they wouldn't pay Chandler an adult wage. It's on fumes now, and once Andrew leaves it's truly dead.

by Anonymousreply 375September 21, 2018 4:01 PM

I think I'll stick around for the first 9 episodes, just to see how they deal with Rick. Then I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 376September 21, 2018 4:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!