Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NON-Frau/DH perfumes & colognes

I’m just a young les looking to buy a new scent for 2018, but I’m totally put-off by the nasty shit all the breeders around me seem to bathe in. It seems like it’s always sugary antiseptic smells on the women and foul sour Lynx-sequels rubbish on the men, no matter the age or the status. I would love wearing perfume that smells fresh but enticing, telegraphing that I am both gay and cool. Is there such a scent?

If anyone wants to rec me something personally, the best ingredients for my chemistry are sandal, green herbs (esp. garden plants like mint), mosses, softwoods, amber, vanilla, basic musk. I cannot wear most white flowers (except honeysuckle), cocoa, Indian/Asian spices (except coriander), berries. Mixed results with aldehydes, benzoin, nuts, patchouli, red flowers (esp. carnations), civet, citrus, and climbing flowers.

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2018 6:55 PM

Have you tried checking out men's perfume?

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2018 1:00 PM

“I would love wearing perfume that smells fresh but enticing, telegraphing that I am both gay and cool. Is there such a scent?”

It would definitely have to be strong enough to overpower the smell of bullshit.🙄

by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2018 1:02 PM

well said!

perhaps she should forget about perfume and upgrade her quality of drugs...

by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2018 1:42 PM

Hey, young les, you made a rather unusual request for a scent that might include a mint note. That's rather uncommon. Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca is a really lovely scent with green herbal notes that include mint. It's one of my favorite scents to wear during summer. We've had a pretty extensive discussion about scents in an older thread that maxed out. If you have the time, you might find some useful suggestions on this thread. With scents, don't limit yourself by gender. Try any/all of them, until you find the ones you really like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2018 11:57 PM

Herba Fresca

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2018 11:57 PM

The candy-pink bottle suggests something girly and candy-sweet, but Agent Provocateur L'Agent is a great old-school-style unisex chypre. Floral but also deeply green, spicy, and woody. Frequently compared with Coriandre, a classic '70s chypre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2018 6:51 PM

Try Vetiver. I find that it’s light and crisp but not overly feminine.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2018 6:53 PM

Gaultier Le Male and its flankers have a very clear mint note. And does not smell like the stock lime/citrus male cologne, thank God.

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2018 6:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!