Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Helen Mirren as Catherine The Great

Was Catherine the Great the one who "loved" horses?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2019 2:13 AM

That’s exciting! Catherine was fascinating! The horse thing is a silly rumor, but she was entertained by Rasputin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 25, 2018 11:26 PM

Catherine died in 1796, Rasputin was born 1869.

by Anonymousreply 2January 25, 2018 11:31 PM

Um. Not quite R1.

by Anonymousreply 3January 25, 2018 11:33 PM

OP, you are a sick, disgusting freak if you think Catherine the Great had some kind of sexual encounter with a horse.

It was with a bull.

by Anonymousreply 4January 25, 2018 11:36 PM

[quote] OP, you are a sick, disgusting freak if you think Catherine the Great had some kind of sexual encounter with a horse.

Blame Datalounge. Years ago, someone posted that video of that gay man getting fucked by a horse and someone casually dropped into the conversation that CTG did also.

by Anonymousreply 5January 25, 2018 11:39 PM

It wasn't a horse, you fool.

It was a dog.

by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2018 11:44 PM

I wish I could remember more of what I've read about Catherine the Great, but I'm too tired right now. The horse story isn't true. But there are things about her reign that are really relevant even now. She was a fascinating woman. Read about 'Potemkin Villages', which were a product of her lover/minister Grigory Potemkin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2018 11:46 PM

I thought Streisand was directing this and it was supposed to star Keira Knightley or that chick from Star Wars?

by Anonymousreply 8January 25, 2018 11:48 PM

Did some guy get fucked by a horse and die? People are really desperate to fill the hole in the soul. Or the soul in their hole.

by Anonymousreply 9January 25, 2018 11:50 PM

[quote]I thought Streisand was directing this and it was supposed to star Keira Knightley or that chick from Star Wars?

No, you're thinking Gypsy: An American Fable

by Anonymousreply 10January 25, 2018 11:52 PM

Agree with R8, I thought this was Streisand's pet project.

by Anonymousreply 11January 25, 2018 11:56 PM

Tired Helen has appeared in too much trash recently.

by Anonymousreply 12January 26, 2018 12:01 AM

Streisand is/was developing it. But we all know how that goes..............

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 26, 2018 12:16 AM

The horse story was propaganda. Strong women leaders always end up getting smeared in the nastiest ways. Fascinating woman. Great at politics - at least as great as one ever could be in that environment. It was like fucking chaos theory!

by Anonymousreply 14January 26, 2018 12:24 AM

[quote]Did some guy get fucked by a horse and die?

Yes. Years ago, back when DataLounge was like the Wild, Wild West, someone posted a video of the guy doing it.

by Anonymousreply 15January 26, 2018 12:50 AM

I actually would love to see somebody, anybody, do Catherine the First. Kind of comes out of nowhere and winds up running an Empire. Might have been a prostitute at first, though the sources may or may not dance around that fact.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 26, 2018 1:16 AM

R16 Someone has already done 'Catherine the First'.

But the film was so bad they they quickly withdrew it from distribution.

One reason was that O'Toole's agency asked for it be shelved because gave a lousy performance due to alcoholism no-one would give him a job anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 27, 2018 5:59 AM

R14 is correct, that a smear, because she was a woman who was running a whole country and fucking whom she pleased, and she had no fucks to give for anyone who disapproved.

Her husband the tsarevich was retarded or something and she got rid of him as soon as she could, and after that she had a long affair with Grigory Potemkin and some other guys. She always had a man around, and her lovers were officially known to her court as "The Man of the Moment". Hell of a gal, and don't you bitches wish you could always have a man of the moment on hand?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 27, 2018 6:06 AM

Trailer.

Starts in the fall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2019 2:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!