Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! "Murphy Brown" being revived!

Whhhhhy? Whyyyyyyyy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179August 8, 2018 5:20 AM

Shocked me off my ass.

But kinda appropriate given the current political climate and the blood thirst for existing properties.

by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2018 8:45 PM

Better than that shitty Roseanne reboot.

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2018 8:46 PM

No, just no.

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2018 8:47 PM

Dear God, that hair.

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2018 8:47 PM

reviving all these old sitcoms is lazy af, but not gonna lie, I'll watch most of them

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2018 8:48 PM

Blablablablah, blablablablah, Trump (laughter)

Blablablablah, blablablablah, Bannon (laughter)

Blablablablah, blablablablah, Omarosa (laughter)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2018 8:50 PM

Fuck, now my most despised blonde bimbo actress bitch of all time will be back on TV? Remind me to have fresh batteries in my remote at all times.

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2018 8:50 PM

With same people or new? I'm terrified either way.

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2018 8:51 PM

I loved it then. I'm guessing today, it will be used as a vehicle to pander to Boomer nostalgia and run the same tired Trump jokes, which the Deadline article at the seems to confirm.

by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2018 8:53 PM

I'd rather watch Candice Bergen than Roseanne. Any day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2018 8:54 PM

Dear OP, keep your "FUCKING SHIT!" to yourself.

Or at least place it in your own toilet.

by Anonymousreply 11January 24, 2018 8:54 PM

Didn't Candice later admit she thought Quayle was right about Murphy Brown's baby daddy not having any part of his life?

by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2018 9:04 PM

Is this why Candice has been slimming down?

by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2018 9:07 PM

I'm seeing Post-Its all round the set.

by Anonymousreply 14January 24, 2018 9:13 PM

[quote] Whyyyyyyyy?

Unfinished business. So she could apologize to Dan Quayle.

Candice Bergen says Dan Quayle was right.

Bergen was attending the annual summer critics’ confab in Pasadena to promote her new Oxygen series, ”Candice Checks It Out,” in which she interviews non-celebrities on their own turf, but what reporters really wanted to check out were her thoughts on the decade-old Quayle quote. ”I never have really said much about the whole episode, which was endless,” the Associated Press quotes her as saying. ”But his speech was a perfectly intelligent speech about fathers not being dispensable and nobody agreed with that more than I did.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2018 9:38 PM

Does Berry Gordy need the money that badly?

by Anonymousreply 16January 24, 2018 9:39 PM

This is curious considering the show bombed in syndication and TV Land removed it after a couple months because the ratings were so bad.

by Anonymousreply 17January 24, 2018 9:41 PM

Not so curious. Aside from Bergen, everyone vanished. Diane English has one credit in 2008, since the show went off the air. Bergen was the only "get" and I doubt she's been beating off roles with a stick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2018 9:45 PM

They don't even have more than a season on DVD because they think they'll lose money on the music rights alone.

Meanwhile, all 7 years of [italic]Designing Women[/italic], which was on the same night, came out with minimal alterations.

by Anonymousreply 19January 24, 2018 9:45 PM

For a lot of these shows, I wouldn't mind seeing a LIMITED run - just to so that they can give a vision of what they think would have happened to all these characters.

Murphy's kid would be 30 years old now - and Murphy is essentially Barbara Walters. It would be kind of interesting to see a take on how a "hard" journalist would deal with the "fake news" and such.

I mean, wouldn't it be weirdly entertaining to see Marcia Brady as a grandmother now dealing with a "blended" family with all the slices of crazy that the new millennium has brought?

by Anonymousreply 20January 24, 2018 9:59 PM

I wanted to have Grant Shaud very badly then, not so much now. I guess he could have looked worse at 56, but not much worse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 24, 2018 10:00 PM

R20 Murphy Brown is closer to age with Diane Sawyer. So maybe Murphy got replaced by a much younger closeted gay gay?

by Anonymousreply 22January 24, 2018 10:07 PM

The original show didn't rerun well because it was so topical. But I think the Barbara Walters analogy is a good one and it would be interesting to see Murphy hosting a View-type show. It would also be cool if it aired live every week so they could tweak it with the must up to date current events being discussed.

by Anonymousreply 23January 24, 2018 10:09 PM

I hope Wings is next!!

by Anonymousreply 24January 24, 2018 10:11 PM

What about my show?

by Anonymousreply 25January 24, 2018 10:40 PM

There's no excuse for not bringing my show back now.

by Anonymousreply 26January 24, 2018 10:45 PM

What about Golden Girls with a totally new cast and characters. I'm gonna watch it.

by Anonymousreply 27January 24, 2018 10:50 PM

Then why even call it "Golden Girls" if it's in name only?

by Anonymousreply 28January 24, 2018 10:52 PM

Can "Empty Nest" be next?

by Anonymousreply 29January 24, 2018 10:52 PM

Only if they have Scotty Weston open a dispensary and make Rose Nylund his first customer.

by Anonymousreply 30January 24, 2018 10:55 PM

[quote]The original show didn't rerun well because it was so topical.

It’s part of Antenna TV’s new 2018 lineup, it comes on every night.

by Anonymousreply 31January 24, 2018 10:58 PM

Will they make it through the whole 10-year-run, including the Lily Tomlin episodes?

by Anonymousreply 32January 24, 2018 10:59 PM

All these shows are on those Laff, Bounce, etc. antenna channels off the beaten path and I bet you anything they are doing better than most of what is on network TV these days. Almost like a trial test for the potential reboot. My old pal Brett Butler, of all people, better dust off the old wardrobe and drop a few; her show plays all the time on one channel, the same one as "Roseanne" has been on. Might be the only way to get viewership again, especially in the flyover regions.

by Anonymousreply 33January 24, 2018 11:02 PM

Topm&Lorenzo have a theory:

[quote]All these revivals of 90s TV shows are simply a matter of Gen-X hitting their fifties and freaking out. Just like the Boomers did in the '90s, with the Flintstones, Brady Bunch, Addams Family, Mod Squad and Charlie's Angels movies.

by Anonymousreply 34January 24, 2018 11:19 PM

R7, HRT, is that you??'

by Anonymousreply 35January 24, 2018 11:20 PM

So it’s official. Hollywood has ran out of new ideas and original content.

Wow. Just wow.

by Anonymousreply 36January 24, 2018 11:22 PM

Bad move. Candace is/and looks too old now- It will not work.

And we have had some good insiders here who told us that Faith Ford is an evil BITCH, so I could never look at Corky the same way.

And the rest of the cast was a big nothing anyway.

And Colleen Dewhurst is dead. Eldin is dead.

I am totally passing on this one. Weird and desperate decision, CBS.

by Anonymousreply 37January 24, 2018 11:23 PM

Who else hates her, R35.

by Anonymousreply 38January 24, 2018 11:25 PM

I don't see Grant Shaud coming back to this, since he left early and, apparently, not on great terms.

Charles Kimborough is 81 - he may make some appearances but not sure he'd be up for a whole season.

Eldon the painter is dead (in real life). As is Phil the bartender.

The actors playing Frank and Corky are still around.

Lily Tomlin is too, albeit busy with Grace & Frankie.

Ah, I see R37 was saying some of the same things.

It could be interesting, but they'd have to pull from the supporting characters more. And focus more on Candace, which was always the thing that worked about this show for those who liked it: it was an ensemble. Focusing on Murphy for 21 minutes will have 'em running for the exits.

I'd much rather see Jean Smart, Annie Potts and Delta Burke revive Designing Women. (Unlikely since Delta is persona non grata, but still, metaphorically speaking, I'd rather see that.)

by Anonymousreply 39January 24, 2018 11:27 PM

Linda Ellerbe is available. (hiccup)

by Anonymousreply 40January 24, 2018 11:29 PM

Did Delta's problems with depression manifest themselves before or after she married Gerald McRaney?

by Anonymousreply 41January 24, 2018 11:29 PM

actors who are now dead, aside from Eldon and Phil

Jay Thomas

Darren McGavin

Garry Marshall

Rose Marie

Janet Carroll (played Jim Dial's wife)

by Anonymousreply 42January 24, 2018 11:29 PM

[quote]All these shows are on those Laff, Bounce, etc. antenna channels off the beaten path and I bet you anything they are doing better than most of what is on network TV these days

There was an article a year or two ago about how retro stations are big among the over thirty crowd now. Antenna TV does big ratings. It's a main reason as to why those who still have cable haven't cut it yet.

by Anonymousreply 43January 24, 2018 11:35 PM

[quote]I'd much rather see Jean Smart, Annie Potts and Delta Burke revive Designing Women. (Unlikely since Delta is persona non grata

Delta's retired, and they would never do it without Dixie and Mescach.

by Anonymousreply 44January 24, 2018 11:36 PM

[quote] actors who are now dead, aside from Eldon and Phil

JFK Jr (Secretary, Number unknown)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 24, 2018 11:40 PM

not gonna watch.

by Anonymousreply 46January 24, 2018 11:40 PM

Phyllis Hammerow is dead R42?

by Anonymousreply 47January 24, 2018 11:41 PM

I vote for Empty Nest too!

by Anonymousreply 48January 24, 2018 11:41 PM

Thanks, interesting, R43 -- though I don't have cable and all those channels are available on antenna. That and NETFLIX is all one needs so don't understand why anyone has cable anymore. Plus that's $100 I spend elsewhere every month.

by Anonymousreply 49January 24, 2018 11:45 PM

'eidon' od'ed.....sad.

can anyone please post a current photo of the now slimming down bergen??

can't she just stick to painting dogs on her bergen bags because the ASPCA desperately needs all that money she donates to them for doing that!!!

Woof!!

by Anonymousreply 50January 25, 2018 12:02 AM

R25 I love Cybill. I would like to see that updated

by Anonymousreply 51January 25, 2018 12:19 AM

I would rather a Kate and Allie revival.

Or Mama's Family.

Wings

Good Times

by Anonymousreply 52January 25, 2018 12:27 AM

What was the name of the actor who played Murphy's co-hort? Italian name? He was so cute. Why didn't he ever work again?

by Anonymousreply 53January 25, 2018 12:36 AM

[quote] I love Cybill. I would like to see that updated

I like it too, but this will never in a million years come back.

Cybill is a huge cunt and Baranski wouldn't do it for all the money in the Fed.

by Anonymousreply 54January 25, 2018 12:39 AM

You can't possibly mean Joe Regalbuto, can you r53?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 25, 2018 12:40 AM

Please revive Miles who left the show to find himself, now married with a Blatino Husbear.

by Anonymousreply 56January 25, 2018 12:43 AM

I had a terrible crush on Grant Shaud (I like shorties).

by Anonymousreply 57January 25, 2018 12:51 AM

Actually this makes more sense than the Roseanne reboot.

MB was never hesitant on making jokes about politics and this government is just pure gold mine.

by Anonymousreply 58January 25, 2018 12:53 AM

WooooHooo!!! I can't wait. I FLOVED Murphy Brown and everyone on it. I will happily watch still nice to look at Liberal in real life and in character and mentally normal in real life, Candice Bergen than deranged Trump lover and lover of everything he stands for Roseanne. I detest every greedy actor who has lowered him and herself to appear on Roseanne.

I'm just sad because I think one of my favorite Murphy characters, Eldin the painter, died in RL when Robert Pastorelli took a drug overdose.

by Anonymousreply 59January 25, 2018 12:54 AM

So who would make a good son for Murphy? (Was it a son or a daughter? I can’t remember).

by Anonymousreply 60January 25, 2018 12:58 AM

Don’t be sad, R59. Robert Pastorelli was a prime suspect in his girlfriend’s murder at the time of his death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 25, 2018 1:00 AM

I did not know that R61. Well, I'll miss the character, not so much the actor.

by Anonymousreply 62January 25, 2018 1:04 AM

Revivals of TV shows are stupid

by Anonymousreply 63January 25, 2018 1:04 AM

If they are going to reboot a show how about combinging them.

They could have Kate & Allie and Murphy and Suzanne and Stephanie (Kate & Allie, Murphy Brown, Designing Women and Newhart)

by Anonymousreply 64January 25, 2018 1:06 AM

Why cant they reboot Facts Of Life

by Anonymousreply 65January 25, 2018 1:09 AM

[quote]Revivals of TV shows are stupid —Haywood Nelson

I didn't even know they revived mine until it was over or that it ran twice as long as the original.

by Anonymousreply 66January 25, 2018 1:12 AM

[quote]Phyllis Hammerow is dead [R42]?

Yes, thank God.

by Anonymousreply 67January 25, 2018 1:16 AM

Reboots for Designing Women, Golden Girls, Dark Shadows would be fantastic. Despise Full House cancel that mess. Loved Brett Butler. She was very smart on Jeopardy too. Netflix has rebooted and updated Lost in Space. Let's hope it has no camp. Jonathan Harris ruined that series. Which reminds me, thinking of gay series, why not reboot Queer As Folk with a new cast and some cameos?

by Anonymousreply 68January 25, 2018 1:26 AM

Is the actress who played the lead on DW, Julia, dead?

by Anonymousreply 69January 25, 2018 1:31 AM

Yep. Though somehow her husband Hal Holbrook is still with us.

by Anonymousreply 70January 25, 2018 1:32 AM

Awwwwww......Joe Regalbuto! Cute.

by Anonymousreply 71January 25, 2018 1:40 AM

Wasn't there some weird sex scandal involving Grant Shaud after he left Murphy Brown?

by Anonymousreply 72January 25, 2018 1:41 AM

Joe Regalbuto played Blanche's fat-shaming son-in-law on GG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 25, 2018 1:51 AM

They can't hate Grant that much since he joined them for an anniversary celebration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 25, 2018 2:02 AM

I could see Faith Ford's character as the moderator of a panel show like the Talk, while Murphy Brown is now a columnist and spends her days yelling at the TV when the panel says something stupid. When they need a substitute, Murphy Brown fills in the spot as a favor for her son, who conveniently is the producer. Murphy's tirades become ratings gold, so she's asked to become a regular panel member.

by Anonymousreply 75January 25, 2018 2:31 AM

Bet R75 has nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 76January 25, 2018 2:51 AM

[quote]I'm seeing Post-Its all round the set.

We invented Post-Its.

When do we get our reboot?

by Anonymousreply 77January 25, 2018 4:15 AM

I hope the writers make Murphy's bastard son gay.

by Anonymousreply 78January 25, 2018 4:19 AM

Is this even showed in reruns? I have never seen it before and I wanna see what all the fuss is about.

by Anonymousreply 79January 25, 2018 4:21 AM

We kept trying to warn you, we kept trying to show you the truth but here we are now, no.longer able.to deny the myth of Jewish creativity.

by Anonymousreply 80January 25, 2018 4:32 AM

The cast of Facts of Life, for the reboot of Designing Women.

Julia = Jo

Suzanne = Blair

Charlene = Tootie

Andy = Mary Jo

Natalie = Anthony

Beverly Ann = Esmeralda

by Anonymousreply 81January 25, 2018 5:16 AM

Caroline in the City reboot? Please, please, please!!!!

by Anonymousreply 82January 25, 2018 5:16 AM

A million bucks they make Murphy's son a conservative Republican.

by Anonymousreply 83January 25, 2018 5:59 AM

[quote] Esmeralda

I think you mean Bernice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 25, 2018 1:50 PM

Antenna TV, Bounce and Laff are not cable channels. I cut my cable three years ago and get these channels. I watch them a lot too - Antenna has a lot of great old shows like Becker, Newhart, Barney Miller and have added new ones including Murphy Brown, which I still think is funny. Anyway the revival is only for 13 episodes. If it flops, they will probably let it go then. Bounce TV has some good shows mainly Living Single which I never saw before in its original run. Anyone know what happened to TC Heaton? He is one beautiful and sexy creature.

by Anonymousreply 85January 25, 2018 2:02 PM

I loved Murphy Brown but I couldn't get through it last week on Antenna TV. It's was just too dated. I would love to see what they could do with a reboot.

by Anonymousreply 86January 25, 2018 2:10 PM

Speaking of "Living Single". And by TC Heaton, did you mean TC Carson or John Heaton? While not in anything of note, IMDB shows Carson seems to have been working regularly since "Living Single" went off the air....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 25, 2018 2:11 PM

Grant Shaud made my peen hard back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 88January 25, 2018 2:28 PM

I'm currently in talks for the Mr Ed reboot!

by Anonymousreply 89January 25, 2018 2:46 PM

So am I!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 25, 2018 2:51 PM

Keeping with the precedent started with Roseanne, Murphy is now a host on Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 91January 25, 2018 3:42 PM

They need to bring back "The Parkers" and PAY ME MY WORTH THIS TIME.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 25, 2018 4:01 PM

Grant Shaud won't be coming back, will he? Isn't he a kiddie diddler?

by Anonymousreply 93January 25, 2018 4:08 PM

Never Liked Bergen. Terrible actress. And all those Best Actress Emmys while Designing Women, a far superior show with a much better cast, was ignored.

And now we find she is a coward too. Her comment agreeing with the Quayle comment, which would have been honest at the time, particularly given Bergen's own father, is too little and too late.

Another indication that Hollywood seems to be sorely lacking in original ideas.

I suspect a big failure on this venture.

by Anonymousreply 94January 25, 2018 4:16 PM

2017 People mag "Where are they now" wrap up. Grant Shaud is still working, I don't know where you got "kiddie diddler" from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 25, 2018 4:17 PM

Candice Bergen herself (as opposed to Brown) has long walked the line between liberal and conservative. Not surprised she agreed with Quayle. She's a child of Hollywood privilege, after all, and likes nice things.

by Anonymousreply 96January 25, 2018 4:19 PM

Carroll O'Connor, Michael J. Fox, and Dixie Carter all played sitcom characters whose political beliefs were the opposite of their own in real life. Why does it come as a shock here that there's a difference between the character and the actor?

by Anonymousreply 97January 25, 2018 4:26 PM

She was a terrible actress. I recognized it right away when I saw her in THE SAND PEBBLES...and she and most of the cast of MB engaged in really strained repartee... terrible overacting.

And yes, when I lived in California at the time of Shauds departure from the show, there was mention of his boylove...could be a nasty rumor, or not. Candace should have looked the other way....

Like she did with Louis Malle!

by Anonymousreply 98January 25, 2018 4:29 PM

R86 Murphy Brown IS dated, yet The Mary Tyler Moore Show is not.

Also, I think Bergen has evolved into a better actress over the years. She's lost a lot of the brittleness and become a little more natural. But her having won 5 Emmys is still shameful, and embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 99January 25, 2018 5:53 PM

I want to see "Suddenly Susan" revived.

by Anonymousreply 100January 25, 2018 5:57 PM

^^Kathy Griffin, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 101January 25, 2018 6:00 PM

I've never gotten over ABC cancelling "Makin' it."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 25, 2018 6:10 PM

I think we're overdue for an "Angie" reboot!

by Anonymousreply 103January 25, 2018 6:11 PM

[quote]Never Liked Bergen. Terrible actress.

AND she tried to murder my best friend

by Anonymousreply 104January 25, 2018 6:34 PM

R87 - Thank you I did mean T.C. Carson.

by Anonymousreply 105January 25, 2018 6:50 PM

Then say what you mean.

by Anonymousreply 106January 25, 2018 6:52 PM

I DEMAND a It Had to Be You re-boot. Robert Urich's death can be written in, and Faye can start dating one of his sons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 25, 2018 6:52 PM

[quote] But her having won 5 Emmys is still shameful

I took care of that. I just played a super prank on Candi Bergen. I melted down her Emmys and made 'em into Cable Ace awards.

by Anonymousreply 108January 25, 2018 8:10 PM

T.C. Carson was hot. He seems to have been working steadily, a lot of voice work (he did have a lovely, deep voice). Hey, unlike many other actors who fall off the radar, T.C. is paying the bills and staying of out jail, so good for him. Not everyone on TV wants to be TMZ famous.

by Anonymousreply 109January 25, 2018 8:18 PM

I Love Lucy reboot with a cast of ghosts. Well, I guess Little Rickie is still alive. So him and a bunch of ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 110January 25, 2018 9:36 PM

Hazel owns this thread. Please don't update it with a sassy black friend or a dyke neighbor. No swearing or very special episodes. Just pure comedy. In many ways, Norman Lear and Gary Marshall ruined the sitcom format. None of their shows hold up. None were any good, except for The Jeffersons.

by Anonymousreply 111January 25, 2018 10:33 PM

I'm free for [italic]227: The Next Generation[/italic]. Since Alaina Reed-Hall is dead, they should have me inherit the building from Rose.

by Anonymousreply 112January 25, 2018 10:45 PM

R112 I forgot about that series...loved it and the cast. Loved Alaina. So sad. What did she did of? Jack ee is sitcom gold. The kids were good, and Regina is a great actress today. I wrote to Marla, and she wrote me the nicest note and sent a photo.

by Anonymousreply 113January 25, 2018 11:07 PM

R113 227 reruns are on OWN on the weekends. I watched some episodes last weekend. That old battleax Pearl was a riot.

by Anonymousreply 114January 26, 2018 1:40 AM

Three really is no reason an actress like Jackee should not have kept working. She'd been an asset in any supporting role and age wouldn't matter in her case either. She was fun. I don't get this business anymore; if you coast on beauty, yeah, your Sell By date is short but if you are a talented comic... why be put out to pasture?

by Anonymousreply 115January 26, 2018 1:48 AM

The Golden Girls is being rebooted with The Facts of Life girls in the classic roles!

Nancy McKeon will play Dorothy

Mindy Cohn will play Sophia in old age make up

Lisa Whelchel will play Blanche

Kim Fields will play Rose

And Charlotte Rae and Cloris Leachman will do occasional guest spots as yet to be announced characters!

by Anonymousreply 116January 26, 2018 1:55 AM

Scott Bakula was the only reason I even started (occasionally) watching the old show, and he'd be the only reason I would watch the new one.

r74 Charles Kimbrough has turned into Bob Hope!

by Anonymousreply 117January 26, 2018 2:12 AM

A photo to go with my comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118January 26, 2018 2:15 AM

Grant Shaud, Faith Ford, Joe Regalbuto returning

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119February 26, 2018 6:01 PM

Will it feature a spit-roasted Miles?

by Anonymousreply 120February 26, 2018 6:04 PM

R116 That's one of the few reboots that I'd actually watch

by Anonymousreply 121February 26, 2018 6:18 PM

Well he learned two wongs don't make a right

by Anonymousreply 122February 26, 2018 8:19 PM

Miles always seemed so gay.

by Anonymousreply 123February 26, 2018 8:35 PM

I'd watch

by Anonymousreply 124February 27, 2018 1:29 AM

Will they be re-casting Eldin, or just telling everyone he died?

by Anonymousreply 125February 27, 2018 4:55 AM

And now, Ms. English... I'm ready for my close-up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126February 27, 2018 4:59 AM

Jake McDorman will play Murphy's Ronan Farrow-esque son

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 16, 2018 8:31 PM

Hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128March 18, 2018 5:23 PM

Dodani and his boyfriend look cute together, no?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129March 18, 2018 5:28 PM

This will not go well. How old is her son, 45?

by Anonymousreply 130March 20, 2018 1:33 AM

R130 I'm 36 and remember Avery being born. I loved Murphy Brown as a child and I hope to love it again now!

by Anonymousreply 131March 20, 2018 1:40 AM

Did we mention who's playing grown up Avery?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132March 20, 2018 1:44 AM

hopefully not with the frigid rude miss Bergen....

by Anonymousreply 133March 20, 2018 1:44 AM

Never mind I'm an idiot who didn't read up a few posts

by Anonymousreply 134March 20, 2018 1:44 AM

I wish they'd reboot Women in Prison

by Anonymousreply 135March 20, 2018 2:39 AM

This would be ratings GOLD.

CBS, you can have this idea for free!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136March 20, 2018 3:03 AM

Why do I cringe and crawl away when I see Bergen's face?

by Anonymousreply 137March 20, 2018 10:33 AM

I know why R137, Murphy was reading bitches for filth long before RuPaul's drag race and you're afraid she'll read you like Stewie Griffin read his psychologist.

by Anonymousreply 138March 20, 2018 9:27 PM

R132 R134

I do that all the time

by Anonymousreply 139April 6, 2018 3:17 PM

The show bombed in syndication. Who would want to watch a revival? What focus group did they consult about THIS?

by Anonymousreply 140April 6, 2018 5:02 PM

r140 I think it's because it felt so dated as the show mainly dealt with current events. For this reboot, they maybe could just basically do an 30 minute SNL wkend update.

by Anonymousreply 141April 6, 2018 5:18 PM

They could do an entire episode of having Daniels describe in detail the president's penis.

by Anonymousreply 142April 6, 2018 5:20 PM

Who would be the deplorable characters in this reboot? Corky likely ? Miles maybe? I think Frank will always be on Murphy's side.

by Anonymousreply 143April 6, 2018 5:25 PM

I'd love to see Bloodworth-Thomason reboot Designing Women with Suzanne, Mary Jo and Charlene taking over the business after Julia's and Anthony's deaths.

Bring back Julia Duffy, who got a raw deal, too.

by Anonymousreply 144April 6, 2018 5:34 PM

Annie Potts had a great idea for a Designing Women reboot that she discussed in an Entertainment Weekly article last year commemorating the show’s 30th anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 145April 23, 2018 4:35 AM

The problem with the reboots is they're verbatim. There's no attempt to update them and move them forward at all. Rosanne was obviously the worst offender, with even the same set, but this sounds like the exact same thing.

Considering the state of the elitist media these days, what are they going satirize? The creatives and their targets are all in the same boat. And what about the culture? Are they going to write about #metoo considering Bergen's husband?

This is going to be superficial and a cheap shot at Trump and conservatives--and I'm a supporter of neither.

by Anonymousreply 146April 23, 2018 4:51 AM

R144 that sounds dreary and depressing. Half of the cast is dead. Dixie Carter, Meshach Taylor, Alice Ghostly, Jan Hooks. What was Annie Pott’s idea?

by Anonymousreply 147April 23, 2018 5:01 AM

Who even remembers DW? It was hardly an iconic show like Roseanne or Murphy Brown or even One Day At a Time. What's next? Too Close for Comfort? Joanie Loves Chachi?

by Anonymousreply 148April 23, 2018 5:06 AM

Love Candice as much as the next person but we gotta admit hers was a really hammy performance.

by Anonymousreply 149April 23, 2018 5:07 AM

[quote]Who even remembers DW?

TG

by Anonymousreply 150April 23, 2018 5:07 AM

Annie is doing quite well on Young Sheldon.

Delta Burke is alive.

Jean Smart is alive.

Julia Duffy is alive.

Judith Ivy is...?

It could be reworked with Delta and three younger designers. Could work. Delta against the Trumpies.

by Anonymousreply 151April 23, 2018 5:08 AM

No it couldn’t be reworked without Dixie Carter and Suzanne probably would’ve been a Trump voter.

by Anonymousreply 152April 23, 2018 5:11 AM

One direction for this reboot would be for all the main characters to be semi or fully retired but part of their retirement package makes them regulars on the new weekly Sunday news round table hosted by a snarky younger gay anchor (think Anderson) where they appear with both more conservative pundits and younger pundits. Murphy could be Cokie Roberts, Jim Dial could be Tom Brokaw/David Brinkley elder statesman type, etc.. I actually see Corkie being more likely to be on a View type program so I don’t see her as a regular if at all in the reboot. Since Gary Marshall is also dead, why not have PeeWee Herman reprise his role as Marshall’s nephew now running the network and enforcing the clause in their retirement package forcing them to do the show. Could it work? I guess we’ll see how they plot the reboot 🤷🏼‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 153April 23, 2018 5:15 AM

Even so, Candice admitted years after the fact she agreed with Dan Quayle about the baby not having a father.

by Anonymousreply 154April 23, 2018 5:27 AM

Candace

by Anonymousreply 155April 23, 2018 5:29 AM

Oh don't drag her and that stupid show of hers into this, R155. If anything, it's [italic]Fuller House[/italic] that opened the Pandora's box for reboots, meaning they can now revive anything no matter how bad the original was.

And if they really are desperate enough for entertainment need to dig up any of the corpses of the Miller/Boyett bilge factory, why not [italic]Perfect Strangers[/italic]? The two leads are still alive, and the kids they had at the end are old enough to front their own show. Make one of them gay and don't reveal which until the end of season 1.

by Anonymousreply 156April 23, 2018 5:34 AM

How did I "drag" Candace Bergen into a discussion of Murphy Brown?

by Anonymousreply 157April 23, 2018 5:35 AM

Shut Up, OP!

I will be fun.

by Anonymousreply 158April 23, 2018 5:36 AM

[quote] How did I "drag" Candace Bergen into a discussion of Murphy Brown?

Candace with two a's is the oldest daughter on [italic]Full House[/italic] and the brother of Kirk Cameron, the male equivalent of Anita Bryant.

Candice with one a is the star of this show.

by Anonymousreply 159April 23, 2018 5:37 AM

Sister. Sorry/not sorry

by Anonymousreply 160April 23, 2018 5:38 AM

r159 ohhhhhhhhhhhh. thank you. I've never watched the Candace with an "a" show.

So embarrassed, nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 161April 23, 2018 5:40 AM

You'd be more embarrassed if you did watch it, trust me. I was a kid at the time and even I thought it was substandard compared to adult sitcoms and even to the earlier generations of youth-centric sitcoms.

by Anonymousreply 162April 23, 2018 5:42 AM

I had a bit of a crush on Jim Dial back in the day. They'd definitely have to recast him because of his age. The other's might be okay for a reboot. Not really sure how they're holding up.

by Anonymousreply 163April 23, 2018 6:07 AM

R156 didn’t the Boy Meets World reboot come before the Full House reboot?

by Anonymousreply 164April 23, 2018 6:46 AM

Yes, but the FH reboot lowered the bar across the board.

by Anonymousreply 165April 23, 2018 6:47 AM

Or they could do a reboot like "One Day At a Time," where pretty much everything was jettisoned except the bare basics of the setup.

by Anonymousreply 166April 23, 2018 3:42 PM

Our sister is more wooden than we ever were, where's our reboot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 23, 2018 4:07 PM

Me first, you knot-heads.

by Anonymousreply 168April 23, 2018 4:09 PM

Honey, you're ALL about the mutton!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169April 23, 2018 4:12 PM

It's been 15 years since my talk show. Can I have a reboot? I'll get so woke I won't sleep for a month!

by Anonymousreply 170April 23, 2018 4:13 PM

IT'S HERE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171May 16, 2018 10:09 PM

I'm glad Faith Ford will have work again--she's a very talented comic actress.

Will Charles Kimbrough be in a wheelchair?

by Anonymousreply 172May 16, 2018 10:12 PM

Kimbrough isn't part of this as a regular, though he may appear in one episode.

Grant Shaud looks good.

Candice.....well, bless her heart. They'll have to do a "They Shoot Fat People, Don't They?" episode early on, or it will be all anyone talks about.

by Anonymousreply 173May 16, 2018 11:07 PM

Candace still looks beautiful. I don't mind her being a little fat. It suits her age.

by Anonymousreply 174May 16, 2018 11:39 PM

So is Corky no longer "Sherwood-Forest?"

by Anonymousreply 175May 17, 2018 1:42 AM

No, they divorced before the series ended, r175.

I was hoping she would have remarried and became Corky Sherwood-Schwartz.

by Anonymousreply 176May 17, 2018 1:58 AM

Faith Ford looks great. They all do. Don't mind Murphy's weight gain, but the plastic surgery has rendered her unrecognizable...

by Anonymousreply 177May 17, 2018 11:42 PM

Will JFK, Jr. be making another cameo appearance?

by Anonymousreply 178August 8, 2018 4:25 AM

Only if they wring him out and prop him up, R178 . . .

by Anonymousreply 179August 8, 2018 5:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!