Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Colin Firth says he will not work with Woody Allen again

Colin Firth says he will not work with Woody Allen again

Actor provides statement to Guardian on same day Dylan Farrow gives first televised interview accusing her adopted father of sexual assault

Sam Levin in San Francisco, Thu 18 Jan 2018 19.25 EST

Colin Firth is the latest actor to publicly rebuke Woody Allen, telling the Guardian he won’t do any projects with the director in the future.

“I wouldn’t work with him again,” Firth said in a statement late Thursday, the same day Dylan Farrow gave her first televised interview accusing her adopted father of sexually assaulting her when she was seven years old.

Firth acted in Allen’s film Magic in the Moonlight in 2013, before Farrow published an open letter the following year alleging that her father molested her in an attic and accusing Hollywood of turning a “blind eye”. Allen denied the accusation as “untrue and disgraceful” at the time and again rebutted the claims this week, accusing the Farrow family of “cynically using the opportunity afforded by the Time’s Up movement to repeat this discredited allegation”.

The Time’s Up initiative launched this year in response to the reckoning around sexual abuse in Hollywood that began in the fall, stemming from sexual harassment and rape allegations against producer Harvey Weinstein. In December, Farrow wrote an op-ed repeating her claims and questioning why the movement against sexual violence had spared Allen and calling on other actors to support her.

Since then, many high-profile actors have publicly expressed empathy for Farrow and have said they regret working with Allen, including Mira Sorvino, Rachel Brosnahan, Greta Gerwig, Rebecca Hall and Timothée Chalamet. Hall and Chalamet, who have parts in in Allen’s next film, A Rainy Day in New York, which was scheduled to be released this year, said they would donate their salaries to charities.

Last year, Firth was outspoken about Weinstein, whose company produced The King’s Speech, a 2010 film that earned Firth an Oscar. Firth called Weinstein a “frightening man” and said he felt shame for not doing more when the actor Sophie Dix told him of “a distressing encounter” with Weinstein more than 25 years ago.

While a growing number of prominent women who collaborated with Allen have recently condemned the director, many powerful male actors have remained silent, sparking criticisms.

Alec Baldwin, however, has defended Allen and criticized the stars who have denounced the director.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 31, 2019 11:55 PM

Common decency makes him even sexier!

by Anonymousreply 1January 19, 2018 12:08 AM

is there any proof that he really abused the girl? many wives accuse their exes of sexual abuse of kids in bitter divorces.

he's creepy but that doesn't make him guilty and in usa, you're innocent until proven guilty.

by Anonymousreply 2January 19, 2018 12:14 AM

R2 he had to go to a therapist because of his obsession with his little daughter, Dylan. The therapist said the obsession was "intense" but supposedly not sexual in nature. I've never read anywhere if the therapy was actually deemed to be successful before he went on to adopt to more little girls. I would think that would just cause the problem to flare up again. Why didn't he just adopt boys instead?

by Anonymousreply 3January 19, 2018 12:18 AM

He's finally come to this conclusion after all these years?!

by Anonymousreply 4January 19, 2018 12:19 AM

Young Colin Firth. Nervous but tasty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 19, 2018 12:23 AM

He wouldn't say no to working with THESE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 19, 2018 12:25 AM

Has he condemned Kings Speech costar Geoffrey Rush yet?

by Anonymousreply 7January 19, 2018 12:25 AM

I can't think of any grown man who was so obsessed with his little daughter to the point that he actually needed therapy. Other than pedophiles.

Even if it was just "platonic" I'd think it would still be pretty damaging to any little girl who was on the receiving end of such odd behavior. To then go and adopt two more little girls seems so suspect to me. Especially since this guy was already well into his 50s and had never shown interest in any of his kids or Mia's except for the two girls Dylan and Soon-Yi.

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2018 12:25 AM

Why wasn't the therapist bound by confidentiality, r3?

by Anonymousreply 9January 19, 2018 12:26 AM

R9 I don't remember the circumstances. Maybe it was considered helpful to Allen at the time. She did say the obsession was non-sexual.

by Anonymousreply 10January 19, 2018 12:29 AM

[quote] She did say the obsession was non-sexual.

Still, how on earth would saying he was in therapy for his "obsession" with her considered [italic]helpful[/italic]?

by Anonymousreply 11January 19, 2018 12:31 AM

*be considered

by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2018 12:31 AM

Are we 100% sure the story about the therapist is true, and not spin from Farrow's camp? Does anyone have an original source?

by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2018 12:33 AM

R11 because he was being accused of touching Dylan in a sexual manner. The therapist was aware of him being all over Dylan but said it wasn't sexual. Basically platonic.

You know like being huggy all the time with her. It was odd because he wasn't interested AT ALL in the other kids. (Except Soon-Yi)

by Anonymousreply 14January 19, 2018 12:35 AM

Someone once posted that Colin Firth always looks like he's afraid someone will fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 15January 19, 2018 12:35 AM

he had to go to therapist, i think that was ordered by the judge in the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 16January 19, 2018 12:38 AM

CDAN printed a blind that Weinstein provided Firth with girls to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 17January 19, 2018 12:39 AM

I’m sure he turned a deaf ear to actresses who told him about Weinstein

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 19, 2018 12:42 AM

Why does he have a big dent in his face?

by Anonymousreply 19January 19, 2018 12:58 AM

Wood Allen is 82 years old. How many films does he have left in him? It's not exactly brave to refuse to work with someone at the tail end of their career.

by Anonymousreply 20January 19, 2018 1:01 AM

CDAN=BS.

by Anonymousreply 21January 19, 2018 1:29 AM

Just don't say no to me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 19, 2018 6:10 AM

Taron is thirsty for daddy dick.

by Anonymousreply 23January 19, 2018 9:29 AM

R16 what divorce? Mia and woody never married

by Anonymousreply 24January 19, 2018 9:49 AM

I like in the LOVE ACTUALLY commentary how Hugh Grant makes fun of the rinse in Firth's hair.

by Anonymousreply 25January 19, 2018 9:56 AM

Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 26January 19, 2018 9:56 AM

Fuck him. Twat covering for himself

by Anonymousreply 27January 19, 2018 9:59 AM

I swear, I think Woody posts here.

by Anonymousreply 28January 19, 2018 10:03 AM

[quote]many wives accuse their exes of sexual abuse of kids in bitter divorces.

I know it'll never happen but it would be nice if those whose first thought it always "yeah but the women are probably lying" would ask themselves WHY that's their first thought.

Dylan doesn't get anything out of this. A few bucks from an interview and a couple of open letters (which she probably wrote for free) is no exchange for 25 years of the media and the public calling you a lying whore. No amount of brainwashing from a "bitter ex" could force several kids into this kind of situation. That's just not how any of this works.

by Anonymousreply 29January 19, 2018 10:07 AM

She gets all this attention.

by Anonymousreply 30January 19, 2018 10:11 AM

R3, on one of the other 10 threads we've had about this, someone linked to The Nation, which is pro-Woody, which had a timeline of events. It turns out Woody was already in therapy along with Ronan because he was neglecting Ronan, and then had to go into therapy for his obsession with Dylan, and THEN started sleeping with their adopted sister during all that therapy.

Remember, this is from a therapist who didn't necessarily believe Dylan when she was 7, and even SHE says Allen was completely inappropriate:

[quote]Farrow and Allen engage Dr. Susan Coates, a child psychologist in New York, who will later testify in a custody hearing that Satchel (now Ronan) was alienated from Allen and that the parents’ relationship was “in considerable trouble.” Coates also evaluates Dylan, whom she finds to be “taken over by fantasy” when asked to describe even a tree. Coates counsels Allen about his relative indifference to Satchel as compared with Dylan, 5, upon whom he lavishes attention. Of the latter relationship, Coates will testify, “I did not see it as sexual, but I saw it as inappropriately intense because it excluded everybody else, and it placed a demand on a child for a kind of acknowledgment that I felt should not be placed on a child.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 19, 2018 10:11 AM

Absurd, R30.

In this day and age, there are a million ways someone like Dylan could get attention. More positive, lucrative attention was easily available to her. Instead, she's had one issue she has continued to bring up, an issue that gets her no end of grief.

It makes no sense whatsoever to think Dylan is doing this for attention.

by Anonymousreply 32January 19, 2018 10:13 AM

Poor timing for him. Dylan's interview was a dud. It was unconvincing and didn't really change anyone's opinions. Allen's statement has been fairly put out there. The stalemate continues.

by Anonymousreply 33January 19, 2018 10:15 AM

Oh, and I also meant to say to R3 that on another thread, this Vanity Fair article was linked which mentions the paperwork about Allen and Dylan has gone missing. That's how he was allowed to adopt.

[quote]Today, according to someone close to the matter, the case file is nowhere to be found, although it would ordinarily have been marked “indicated” to signify that it merited further attention—a potential red flag in allowing someone to adopt children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 19, 2018 10:16 AM

Colin wouldn't need Weinstein's help to get some pussy.

by Anonymousreply 35January 19, 2018 10:34 AM

Bullshit, r32. Dylan's was a nobody in Florida before she spoke out and her brother's star was on the rise. This issue doesn't give Dylan no end of grief. In fact, she used her alleged abuse to market herself as good as Taylor Swift could manage. She is a survivor. She is an example of living her truth. She is promoted by her celebrity relatives. She gets her op-eds published by the LA Times. It is no coincidence that in the first article she published, she berated Scarlett Johansson, Cate Blanchett and Diane Keaton for the attention. As Scarlett pointed out, anyone with a google alert gave Dylan more publicity. And she now gets tongue bathed by Shonda Rimes, Reese Witherspoon and Jessica Chastain for her troubles and has nervous Oscar hopefuls Tim O'Tay and Greta Gerwig denouncing her father in response.

Now that's power. So don't give me this shit about "who would want to be known as a victim".

by Anonymousreply 36January 19, 2018 10:40 AM

[quote] Coates counsels Allen about his relative indifference to Satchel as compared with Dylan, 5, upon whom he lavishes attention.

So the continously repeated line that he was "in therapy for his obsession with Dylan" is a complete distortion. I guess "He talked to his therapist about the fact that he paid more attention to one child at the expense of the other" doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it?

by Anonymousreply 37January 19, 2018 11:25 AM

The interview aired yesterday and has gotten no traction. The Media senses she is not telling the truth and isn't pushing it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 38January 19, 2018 11:42 AM

He won Oscar for a Harvey Weinstein film!

by Anonymousreply 39March 31, 2019 10:46 PM

Allen is 80 and hasn’t made a good movie in years plus he has said he is taking a break. Big deal Colin. Big deal.

by Anonymousreply 40March 31, 2019 10:55 PM

He’s in preproduction in Spain for a film starring the Bardens. And Rainy Day in New York will be released this year, even if the two faced backstabbing cunts like Tim O’Otay don’t do publicity for it.

by Anonymousreply 41March 31, 2019 11:37 PM

What are you talking about r41? There is nothing on his IMDB page except some untitled project with no one committed.

by Anonymousreply 42March 31, 2019 11:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!