Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Party of Five' reboot coming to Freeform

Nearly 20 years after it wrapped its six-season run, Party of Five is returning to TV, with an immigration twist. [bold]New story features siblings raising each other after their parents are deported to Mexico.[/bold]

The San Francisco-set Party of Five aired for six seasons on Fox, from 1994-2000. The show helped launch the careers of Wolf, Fox, Campbell and Chabert, as well as notable guest stars, including Jennifer Love Hewitt, while tackling serious themes such as substance abuse, domestic abuse, cancer and its central theme: the loss of a parent. The series won a Golden Globe in 1996 for best drama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 17, 2019 6:03 AM

Vomit

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2018 10:40 PM

Officially picked up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 7, 2018 8:13 AM

[quote]Original Party of Five creators Chris Keyser and Amy Lippman will serve as writers and executive producers.

I wonder if Amy can get her nephew on the show for a few appearances.

by Anonymousreply 3September 7, 2018 8:18 AM

What are the odds of JLH making a cameo?

by Anonymousreply 4September 7, 2018 5:24 PM

I don't remember this show being terribly popular in it's day. Why are they doing a reboot?

by Anonymousreply 5September 7, 2018 7:48 PM

Meet the Buendía siblings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2018 11:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 5, 2019 2:17 AM

Is every single t.v. show going to be rebooted?

by Anonymousreply 8February 5, 2019 2:22 AM

R5 Because it's easier to reboot a TV show or movie than to create something new

by Anonymousreply 9February 5, 2019 2:24 AM

Trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 17, 2019 5:16 AM

Hopefully the brother (the one playing the Scott Wolf equivalent) will be gay. This show really needs a gay storyline.

by Anonymousreply 11May 17, 2019 5:26 AM

Im here for it.

by Anonymousreply 12May 17, 2019 5:30 AM

I was in high school when that show aired. Everyone watched it. I loathed it. I did think Matthew Fox was hot. Funny, my first bf loved Scott Wolf - we had very different types!

Incidentally, my sister was friends with a couple of the cast members on Lost. Turns out Fox is a total douchebag. Still so hot though.

by Anonymousreply 13May 17, 2019 5:33 AM

Wow, Matthew Fox was ahead of his time with the hot bearded look.

by Anonymousreply 14May 17, 2019 5:38 AM

Maybe Matthew Fox can play a bearded sensitive daddy handyman. Who is under contract to be shirtless 75% of the time.

by Anonymousreply 15May 17, 2019 5:52 AM

"Is every single t.v. show going to be rebooted?"

Yep. With latinos.

by Anonymousreply 16May 17, 2019 5:58 AM

Didn't they already do this with Roswell?

by Anonymousreply 17May 17, 2019 6:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!