Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

UK Government To Create Office For LONELINESS

Good idea or a waste of taxpayers money?

by Anonymousreply 22January 19, 2018 8:37 PM

OP, was there a link you were supposed to provide? What do you mean by loneliness? an agency that will cater to lonely people that may have depression or need assistance?

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2018 9:46 PM

It’s a major health issue.

More and more people are living a single life, now. Including straights, I mean. If the government is serious about “promoting the general welfare”, or facilitating “the pursuit of happiness”, then I think it’s a good thing. Probably so good, that Trump will try to destroy it.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2018 9:47 PM

R1 as Lauren Bacall said "You know how google right? You type something in the search engine, then press enter"

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2018 9:48 PM

This is interesting to me. Lonely party of one.

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2018 9:50 PM

R2, note that this proposed office is in the UK, not the US.

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2018 9:51 PM

After Brexit they'll all be even lonelier.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2018 9:52 PM

[quote]as Lauren Bacall said "You know how google right? You type something in the search engine, then press enter"

We are not here to do your job. If you want us to discuss something, then you must start by telingl us what it is that you want to discuss.

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2018 9:54 PM

[quote] If you want us to discuss something, then you must start by telingl us what it is that you want to discuss.

Nothing about that in the Help section of this website.

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2018 9:55 PM

Brexit is a major waste of taxpayer's money.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2018 9:56 PM

I like it.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2018 9:57 PM

Sorry OP. It's pretty clear you're a troll. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2018 10:00 PM

Link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2018 10:05 PM

R11 Talking about loneliness is NOT a troll subject

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2018 10:05 PM

Money spent to alleviate loneliness; no money spent to keep families together.

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2018 10:31 PM

Why don't they just found a Ministry of Silly Walks while they're at it?

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2018 10:40 PM

[quote]Britain appoints ‘minister for loneliness’ to tackle social isolation

[quote]In memory of British lawmaker Jo Cox, who was murdered by a right-wing extremist in 2016, the U.K. government has announced the appointment of a new “Minister of Loneliness.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2018 10:50 PM

I think we need to get past the idea that improving lives is figured out in a single stroke — we have to recognize a good idea when we see it and think, “this could really make a difference.” In my opinion, this is indeed a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2018 11:39 PM

Well, I say the U.K. government should appoint a new “Minister of Happiness.”

With a budget of 13 million pounds.

by Anonymousreply 18January 19, 2018 1:28 AM

While I expect here in the US the Administration will soon announce the creation of an Office of Fuck You.

by Anonymousreply 19January 19, 2018 2:08 AM

R19 What are you complaining about?

Don't they pay you enough?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 19, 2018 2:26 AM

Good morning, heartache, you old gloomy sight...

by Anonymousreply 21January 19, 2018 4:29 AM

R18 Well, I say the U.K. government should appoint a new “Minister foe Sexual Fullfilment.”

With a budget of 13 million pounds (and a good supply of prostitutes).

by Anonymousreply 22January 19, 2018 8:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!