Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Babe.net Writer Lashes out at Ashleigh Banfield

So...what the hell is BAD about second-wave feminists????

They OUTLAWED domestic violence and LEGALIZED abortion ......

“Ashleigh, someone who I am certain nobody under the age of 45 has heard of, I hope the 500 retweets on the single news write up made that burgundy lipstick, bad highlights, secondwave feminist has-been really relevant for a little while," Banfield read from Way's email.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2018 6:06 PM

Here's Way's email in full:

It's an unequivocal no from me. The way your colleague Ashleigh (?), someone I'm certain no one under the age of 45 has ever heard of, by the way, ripped into my source directly was one of the lowest, most despicable things I've ever seen in my entire life. Shame on her. Shame on HLN. Ashleigh could have "talked" to me. She could have "talked" to my editor or my publication. But instead, she targeted a 23-year-old woman in one of the most vulnerable moments of her life, someone she's never f------ met before, for a little attention. I hope the ratings were worth it! I hope the ~500 RTs on the single news write-up made that burgundy lipstick bad highlights second-wave feminist has-been feel really relevant for a little while. She DISGUSTS me, and I hope when she has more distance from the moment she has enough of a conscience left to feel remotely ashamed - doubt it, but still. Must be nice to piggyback off of the fact that another woman was brave enough to speak up and add another dimension to the societal conversation about sexual assault. Grace wouldn't know how that feels, because she struck out into this alone, because she's the bravest person I've ever met. I would NEVER go on your network. I would never even watch your network. No woman my age would ever watch your network. I will remember this for the rest of my career - I'm 22 and so far, not too shabby! And I will laugh the day you fold. If you could let Ashleigh know I said this, and that she is no-holds-barred the reason, it'd be a real treat for me.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2018 2:10 PM

What a bratty child.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2018 2:20 PM

Sounds like Trump - insulting someone on the basis of the number of retweets or TV ratings she gets. Punch and delete.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2018 2:25 PM

Who else but women would ruin #MeToo?

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2018 2:33 PM

What a little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2018 2:38 PM

She is going to be a nightmare when she goes through each of her divorces.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2018 2:41 PM

She is a mean girl and I bet she doesn’t age as well as Banfield

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2018 2:50 PM

We have a thread already, fwiw:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2018 2:52 PM

Another click-baiting fame whore. Next.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2018 2:57 PM

Katie sounds as annoying as Lens.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2018 3:18 PM

The third wavers are going to set women back a generation or more.

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2018 4:05 PM

And this cunt attacks Ashleigh's physical appearance / attractiveness, just like trump would do. Way to set feminism BACK!

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2018 4:20 PM

The third wavers were the 1990s feminists. This Katie lady didn't know what she was talking about when she said Banfield was second wave.

The current crop are fourth wave.

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2018 4:29 PM

Bridgette Bordot is right. Hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2018 4:39 PM

Thanks r8...I did a search prior and it didn’t come up

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2018 4:42 PM

Who was the First Wave, Susan B. Anthony? The tide is going out on this hysterical harassers-under-every-bed shit. The Oscars are gonna be a good show this year -- who makes a teary-eyed rambling speech, who gets heckled, who is afraid to show.....I might actually watch.

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2018 4:48 PM

Outta my way, Katie, I got a MAN waiting for me!

Try getting laid some time.

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2018 4:53 PM

Congratulations, Katie Way, you've somehow managed to make Lens Dunham seem likable in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2018 4:58 PM

“White feminists” literally ruin everything. They’re all spoiled bratty wannabe mean girls who are horrified to learn what it takes to make it in this world.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2018 5:22 PM

It's so endearing and sweet when someone barely 20 thinks he or she has all the answers.

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2018 5:28 PM

Young people - so often no sense of irony.

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2018 5:50 PM

Katie Way sounds just like Trump: "Loser Ashleigh Banfield is on a failing fake news network. She has terrible hair and bad lipstick. No one watches HLN or knows or cares who this washed up old hag is. I'm a serious reporter!"

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2018 5:54 PM

Get ready for a lot more young people to sound like trump. Ad hominem insults, vulgarity and lies are now an acceptable means of public communication. This will be one of his legacies

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2018 6:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!