Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can we alll agree that female vocal groups are largely talentless?

From the spice girls to TLC to the supremes to Little mix to fifth harmony.

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2018 7:44 AM

Were the Supremes talentless too?

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2018 4:41 AM

No we can’t.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2018 4:46 AM

Let's start a DL fight!

"Bananarama"! - GO!

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2018 4:49 AM

Dionne Warwick owns this thread

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2018 4:51 AM

R1 yes. They didn't write or produce their music and they were all average singers at best.

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2018 4:56 AM

Ahem.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2018 5:07 AM

Girl, please.

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2018 5:07 AM

Firin' all my systems on "3".

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2018 5:33 AM

Most pop groups are largely untalented.

There's usually a dancer, a singer, the cute/hot one, and two more to put in the background. You'll be lucky if those two play any instruments, write, or have interesting personalities.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2018 5:57 AM

Do misogynistic idiots like OP stay up nights thinking up the most minuscule shit they can to attack women? I mean this one is quite the stretch.

Next up: Women. Are their eyeballs too small? They seem small. I mean, they look bigger than men's but that's just because their skulls are smaller. Right? Right?

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2018 6:07 AM

Off the top of my head I hate more autotune boy bands than girl ones.

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2018 6:21 AM

Nope. You are listening to poorly produced schlock. You are also either lazy or uncurious.

For melodies and lyrics, get some 60s girl groups. The Supremes, The Shangri-las. Martha and the Vandellas, etc etc etc. There are many.

For power and lyrics, get some 90s riot grrls. L7. Babes in Toyland. Bratmobile.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2018 6:48 AM

Yes. My favorite being Misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2018 6:52 AM

Was just about to pipe in with L7. And boy bands with their auto tuned, castrati voices are much much worse.

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2018 6:53 AM

R12 Most of those girl groups are untalented because they aren't the writers or producers. I've listened to most of the groups you named, even most of the supremes discography.

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2018 6:59 AM

I agree that boy bands are the talent less ones with their auto tune. I also liked TLC, Destiny's Child. Spice Girls had a few good melody songs...Danity Kane was a bust. Not into Little Mix and Fifth Harmony is okay.

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2018 7:01 AM

You’re criticizing female [bold]vocal[/bold] groups because they aren’t songwriters? Their talent is in their voices.

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2018 7:09 AM

R17 Their voices are trash

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2018 7:16 AM

When any of you dipshit bitches makes records that sell millions , then you can call out talent-less musicians. Otherwise, go fuck yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2018 7:25 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2018 7:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!