Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Obsessing Over Babes - a gay coming of age milestone?

Is it just me or is there a phenomenon of gay men who haven't figured out they're gay obsessing over dating the hottest woman in their midst?

I feel like growing up I knew several guys who were quite clearly gay having big crushes on the most beautiful girl in school and then making a big dramatic thing out of pursuing them and eventually getting their hearts crushed. Is this some kind of weird way of subverting one's own sexuality or simply a case of trying to convince oneself that they're straight by overly fixating on a girl?

And is it really only limited to adolescents? Or is this what Tom Cruise has been doing all his adult life?

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2018 6:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2018 4:33 AM

What the actual fuck are you talking about? You sound deranged.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2018 4:49 AM

Frau here. My best friend in high school was a closeted gay. We were so young and sometimes laid together, fully clothed of course and did some pretend kissing. Completely non sexual but one of the tenderest moments for me. I was not popular and never dated. He knew I accepted that he was gay and didn't care.

The bonding of the outcasts -- not really the topic of thread but I had to share

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2018 5:00 AM

You "laid together, R3"? Was your high school in Judea?

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2018 5:01 AM

They laid down the law

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2018 5:24 AM

No. In Los Angeles -- just taking a nap at his parents house . Innocent

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2018 5:24 AM

Awww. That's sweet.

But back to the topic, there was a guy in my town when I was younger who secretly obsessed about this one girl in our classes. One day he decided to make a very public love declaration and it totally blew up in his face. For starters, while she was pretty she was also really private and religious. Not the type to laugh it off or take it in stride. She was humiliated. For another thing, this guy was not straight. He was delicate as hell and no one could figure out why he went and did this to himself. Lastly...who the fuck responds well to a public declaration of love?! If you want to ask someone on a first date, just ask them...

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2018 6:04 AM

Bisexuals say the darndest things.

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2018 6:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!