Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sally Quinn-DL eldergays please tell me about her

Obviously she's been around for a while but...whenever I see her on CNN she just fucking rambles on and on and on. Was she always like this? I don't find her commentary helpful EVER. Thankfully she's only on sparingly. If she's a nice smart person then I apologize in advance.

by Anonymousreply 183March 4, 2019 3:26 AM

stupid privileged cunt

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2018 3:26 AM

Her article on Christine Chubbuck is fantastic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2018 3:26 AM

bossy bitch who worked for ben bradlee and busted his marriage up.

married the boss.

not liked by many.

bought grey gardens. re 'did' it....sold it.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2018 3:28 AM

The rumor was that she could barely read when she latched on to Bradlee.

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2018 3:30 AM

Would be Queen of DC society----total bitch and homewrecker. Used to write a laughably stupid column on religion, of all things, in the Washington Post. The paper finally got rid of it after she said one too many stupid things.

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2018 3:31 AM

hateful slut started a lot of the clinton hating, the consequences of which haunt us even now, power mad opportunist who clawed and fucked her way up.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2018 3:32 AM

R6 is right — she hated the Clintons because they never reciprocated her invitations. (I am not making this up.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2018 3:35 AM

Is that the dumpy, mouthy broad in the tweed blazer that’s 3 sizes too small?

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2018 3:38 AM

Didn’t she schedule the wedding of her only son with Bradlee for the same weekend as the wedding of a child from his first marriage? I remember there being a big social scandal about the slow son’s wedding.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2018 3:40 AM

No one has ever called Sally Quinn "nice," OP.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2018 3:44 AM

Yes, R9, that sounds right.

Quinn also claims to be able to hex people and that her hexes have caused multiple deaths:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2018 3:47 AM

OK great thanks guys. So I shouldn't feel bad about wondering why the fuck any news show would have her on for opinions

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2018 3:49 AM

karma is a bitch

she had her share of shit happen.

repent lady!!

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2018 3:53 AM

I had no idea that DL would have such a strong reaction to her lol

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2018 4:00 AM

Had Bradlee's child when she was in her 30s and he was past 60. He's Retarded, of course.

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2018 4:02 AM

Some of us have lived in DC, r14.

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2018 4:03 AM

She lost her job at The Post for airing out her grievances about the dueling Bradlee weddings in her column.

Jackie Onassis hated her. She once said, "Sally Quinn symbolizes everything that is horrible about living in Washington."

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2018 4:05 AM

Was in way over her head as a morning show host.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2018 4:07 AM

Hexes and an interest in religion? She must be a witch.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2018 4:12 AM

[quote]my family were Scots. So they all believed in Scottish myths and mysticism and the stones and psychic behavior and ghosts and astrology and palmistry and all that.

This is bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2018 4:27 AM
by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2018 5:17 PM

Said she regretted ever buying "Grey Gardens." She said if she if you really love an old house, build a replica of it, it's cheaper (or words to that effect).

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2018 5:24 PM

r22 Little Edie told her all it needed was a coat of paint.

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2018 5:27 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 24June 30, 2018 4:24 PM

Jackie O was right. Sally Quinn really has no redeeming social value.

by Anonymousreply 25June 30, 2018 4:28 PM

I’ve lived in the DC area since the early 1970s and so I was reading her articles in the Washington Post style section from the beginning. She wrote funny articles that I would describe as paleo-snark. But pretty soon she got too smug because of her invincible position as Bradlee’s wife, and the arsenic infused everything she wrote. Then she launched her relentless campaign to be the top diva of the DC social scene. She’s a truly vicious bitch, and had a special level of contempt for women who prioritized being mothers. Thus there was much schadefreud (sp?) when she gave birth to a ‘problem’ (retarded) child.

by Anonymousreply 26June 30, 2018 4:34 PM

She wrote a ridiculous column about how she took communion at Tim Russert's funeral even though she wasn't Catholic. She said taking it made her nauseated because she thought it was actually Jesus's body and blood in the wafer.

Nutty.

by Anonymousreply 27June 30, 2018 4:51 PM

so have I, r26, and I completely agree. In more recent years, she seems to have lost her mind with her hexes and spiritualism, but I don't think she's lost her essential nastiness.

by Anonymousreply 28June 30, 2018 4:54 PM

She's always reminded me of Maureen Dowd, both fundamentally malicious individuals, behind the facade of sophistication.

by Anonymousreply 29June 30, 2018 5:26 PM

I still remember the brouhaha when she devoted an entire column about some mix up with her son's wedding date. But something really hilarious followed. Years ago, the Washington Post ran a office advice column, focused on things like office etiquette. Shortly after the wedding column somebody wrote to the advice column saying something along the lines of this : " My bosses wife only got her job because of who she is married to. She is embarrassing our workplace with her bad writing. What should I do? " . I wish i could pull up the exact column.

by Anonymousreply 30June 30, 2018 5:31 PM

Yes, I too remember when was that sprightly "gal-about-town" writing for the Post until she married the boss and became the dragon woman of "DC Society," whatever the fuck that is....

by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2018 5:32 PM

From Wikipedia:

[quote]Following the September 11 attacks, Quinn urged Washington, D.C. residents "to stock inflatable kayaks for evacuation on local waterways.

I think I love her.

by Anonymousreply 32June 30, 2018 5:33 PM

True story, she bragged about setting up her retarded (literally) son with a prostitute in the Caribbean so he would lose his virginity.

Then she married him off to an *extremely* sketchy “yoga instructor.”

by Anonymousreply 33June 30, 2018 6:30 PM

I think the yoga instructor is also adjacent and much older.

by Anonymousreply 34June 30, 2018 6:45 PM

She was the subject of a brutal takedown when she suggested the problems in Washington stem from a lack of fancy dinner parties, which reached a DataLounge level of bitchery:

[quote]It’s certainly true that the Washington power structure no longer exists in quite the same way it once did, identifiable by its attendance at fashionable Georgetown dinner parties. But it’s also probably true that if such an identifiable elite did exist, they probably — to be perfectly brutal about it — wouldn’t be having dinner at Sally Quinn’s home all the time.

[quote]Once Washington was a happy place where a girl and her mother could be groped simultaneously in good fun by a white supremacist. Sadly, it has all been ruined by Kim Kardashian and Ezra Klein.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 30, 2018 6:59 PM

She was a joke until she became Mrs. Ben Bradlee. After that she was a cunt no one could cut down because of him. I still subscribe to the Post, I'm just glad she's gone.

by Anonymousreply 36June 30, 2018 8:39 PM

Where is Ben Jr. ? I thought the duel weddings was Ben Jr vs Ben Sr.s grandson.

Where is the yoga teacher?

by Anonymousreply 37June 30, 2018 8:56 PM

I mean Quinn (not Ben Jr.)? And how annoying that Sally named her kid after herself.

by Anonymousreply 38June 30, 2018 8:58 PM

I believe it was Ben Bradley jr daughter that was getting narried. Fyi it's bradley jr and martha radditz kid. r29 hit the nail right on the head. Sums it up perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 39June 30, 2018 9:19 PM

Sally Quinns son and the yoga teacher are now divorced

by Anonymousreply 40June 30, 2018 9:28 PM

Fun fact , her sons disorder is linked to maternal alcohol consumption. Guess all those Georgetown cocktail parties had a few drawbacks. The more you know!

by Anonymousreply 41June 30, 2018 9:30 PM

So was reading ..yoga teacher was knocked up during the wedding, then she miscarried. Was it love between the yoga lady and Quinn? Is Quinn seriously disabled mentally?

by Anonymousreply 42June 30, 2018 9:34 PM

Is that an actual fact, r41? Sally Quinn is monstrous, of course, and pretty universally hated in Washington (openly, since Bradlee's death), but I can't recall ever hearing that Quinn's difficulties are the result of fetal alcohol syndrome.

He's pretty challenged, r42, but he functions and lives indepedently. The marriage was a disaster--both of them were railroaded into it by Sally.

by Anonymousreply 43June 30, 2018 9:36 PM

Uhhh, Quinn lives in an adjoining townhouse to his mother.

He’s hardly independent.

by Anonymousreply 44June 30, 2018 9:38 PM

Sure about this?

by Anonymousreply 45June 30, 2018 9:43 PM

R43 Yes in all seriousness there has been a link. Google digeorge syndrome and maternal alcohol consumption. There is speculation that there may be a genetic predisposition but that it can be "triggered " by prenatal exposure to ethanol.

by Anonymousreply 46June 30, 2018 9:44 PM

Sally Quinn has cast 3 hexes, and worries they worked.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 30, 2018 10:10 PM

Sorry, noticed this was already posted by r11.

by Anonymousreply 48June 30, 2018 10:11 PM

Let’s just say I know her in NYC, see her less now since they sold Grey Gardens. SQ is a rude, hypocritical, entitled mega cunt, completely the opposite of the facade she still tries to present. Nasty and downright bullying to everyone she doesn’t perceive as having some power. She was the featured speaker at some ridiculous frau-y, upper middle class, self congratulatory women’s rights speech a few years ago in DC and compared the Anita Hill affair with what she went through with the drunk senator. Nauseating. Basically - “I knew better than to talk to people investigating him or I would have been publicly pilloried too...so unfortunate that Anita Hill didnt”. Why didn’t you publically support her bitch?? Her son is sweet but definitely has issues - The wife was bought and even then she ended up leaving. Like many wives with tons of older stepchildren her main goal was to push them aside on any inheritence, not that I think there was a lot outside of the real estate - which she of course got.

by Anonymousreply 49June 30, 2018 10:57 PM

Quinn has DiGeorge syndrome. Nowadays it's called 22Q deletion syndrome. 22Q kids and adults struggle a lot with learning disabilities and health problems. They are also at a much higher risk of developing psych issues.

by Anonymousreply 50June 30, 2018 11:51 PM

She's a rancid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 51July 1, 2018 12:05 AM

22Q deletion syndrome sounds right based on what I've seen/heard/read about Quinn; however, contrary to an earlier poster's claim, it isn't a fetal alcohol issue.

by Anonymousreply 52July 1, 2018 12:15 AM

There was an article a couple years ago about complaints regarding the mausoleum she constructed for Ben (and herself someday.) Something about she broke all the rules of the cemetery and built some monstrosity. I think it was the same cemetery that Tim Russert was buried in.? Washington, DC.

by Anonymousreply 53July 1, 2018 12:19 AM

Possibly Oak Hill, the historic cemetery in G'town next to Dumbarton Oaks.

Sally's all about breaking the rules.

by Anonymousreply 54July 1, 2018 12:23 AM

Yes - it was Oak Hill. The article is just so Washington and so Sally Quinn. I don't think they ever actually dug him up though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 1, 2018 12:25 AM

Went past Grey Gardens today. It’s fenced off and they seem to be doing a major renovation to the joint. It looks like a construction site.

by Anonymousreply 56July 1, 2018 12:31 AM

They should make it into a gay retirement home.

by Anonymousreply 57July 1, 2018 12:35 AM

She sold Grey Gardens several years ago.

by Anonymousreply 58July 1, 2018 12:49 AM

So mean she made Nora Ephron cry.

by Anonymousreply 59July 1, 2018 12:58 AM

Was Nora Ephron a bitch too?

by Anonymousreply 60July 1, 2018 1:13 AM

Nora Ephron was a tough cookie. It must have taken a heinous insult to make her cry.

by Anonymousreply 61July 1, 2018 1:33 AM

Nora Ephron seemed like a very cool person based on her essays.

by Anonymousreply 62July 1, 2018 1:38 AM

Also a very nasty person, but she was very talented. Unlike Quinn.

by Anonymousreply 63July 1, 2018 1:44 AM

Was Ben Bradlee Jewish? Sally exudes WASP qualities.

by Anonymousreply 64July 1, 2018 2:39 AM

Sally has spent her entire life trying to "exude WASP qualities"

when Sally was in fact just a middle-class army brat with ruthless, psychotic, never-ending ambition

So cunty Marlo Thomas made Sally Quinn the head of the DC Chapter of Cuntiest Cunts Who Ever Cunted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 1, 2018 3:17 AM

Sally has caused a lot of misery in her life

by Anonymousreply 66July 1, 2018 3:18 AM

Does she have any friends? My sense is her son doesn't like her.

by Anonymousreply 67July 1, 2018 3:53 AM

Quinn is an Irish name, so not Wasp. Bradlee was an über Wasp, a Boston Brahmin.

by Anonymousreply 68July 1, 2018 3:59 AM

According to Sally she is of Scottish lineage, which is why she knows how to put hexes on people.

by Anonymousreply 69July 1, 2018 4:16 AM

[quote]she bragged about setting up her retarded (literally) son with a prostitute in the Caribbean so he would lose his virginity.

As I recall, she didn’t set up the pro but freaked out when she found out about it and dragged the poor kid to be tested for STDs right then and there.

It sounds like she would be a difficult mother for anyone, let alone someone who faces additional challenges.

by Anonymousreply 70July 1, 2018 5:13 AM

I just googled Sally and had no Idea she's from my hometown. Wow!

by Anonymousreply 71July 1, 2018 5:14 AM

[quote] Sally has spent her entire life trying to "exude WASP qualities"

She would fit in well here.

by Anonymousreply 72July 1, 2018 6:17 AM

She began a vendetta against the Clinton's when they failed to attend her cocktail party. Cunt. I wonder to what extent she cheated Bradlees older children out of the will.

by Anonymousreply 73July 1, 2018 9:19 AM

r73 Please review the chapter about apostrophes in your English book.

Double "oh, dear!"

by Anonymousreply 74July 1, 2018 5:51 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 75July 2, 2018 12:38 AM

Read her book. You can still find used copies around.

by Anonymousreply 76July 2, 2018 12:42 AM

Her mother carried on an affair with Barry Goldwater.

by Anonymousreply 77July 2, 2018 2:38 AM

Just when I though this nasty cunt would fade away...

Who the fuck summoned her up on DL?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 4, 2018 6:37 AM

R78 she's a witch apparently. She summoned herself.

by Anonymousreply 79July 4, 2018 10:53 AM

I live across the street from her in Georgetown. She's a really creepy woman. Contrast her with Pamela Harriman who was always a lot of fun if a bit of a w****.

by Anonymousreply 80July 4, 2018 11:33 AM

R80 details please

by Anonymousreply 81July 4, 2018 11:36 AM

[quote]And how annoying that Sally named her kid after herself.

Anna Quindlen did that, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 4, 2018 11:43 AM

I thought Quindlen Krovatin was gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 4, 2018 11:45 AM

First of all, I'm 60 years old and female. I've lived on N Street since 1982. Pamela Harriman used to see me walking to work. Finally she made a point of coming out one morning to accidentally meet me. Long story short, she invited me to a dinner party. I was 24 and really fashionable which I no longer am. I also was one dumb f***. I didn't realize I was there to entertain the men including Senator Tim Wirth. She thought she was doing me a favor. But she was harmless and a lot of fun.

Sally, on the other hand, is pure evil and you can just feel it. When I was out walking my dog, if we happen to cross her path, she would whisper something under her breath. The kids in the neighborhood hated her. My dog hated her and he always was a good judge of character. When I read about her black magic, it made sense. There's something just awful about her. By the way, when my father would come visit, she would always flirt with him. He was completely devoted to my mother so it unnerved him. But she was always looking for the next thing. Her son is really quite sweet

by Anonymousreply 84July 4, 2018 11:47 AM

R84 Thanks . Your account is similar to many that I have heard about her. She seems truly malicious. I'm glad her son turned out OK.

by Anonymousreply 85July 4, 2018 12:37 PM

A friend of mine worked for her back in the 1980s. Said it was like torture, but not as pleasant. Quinn was out and out cruel -- would make fun of her clothes, told her her hair was hopeless, and made her do all her personal work as well, like getting her dry cleaning and picking up groceries (Quinn wouldn't stoop to be seen in a, you know, grocery store).

Just a terrible terrible person.

And by the way, her pal Cokie Roberts ain't much better.

by Anonymousreply 86July 4, 2018 12:53 PM

What type of scenario did Pamela employ to accidentally meet you R84? It’s so fascinating you knew her! What sort of things did you pick up from her?

by Anonymousreply 87July 4, 2018 12:53 PM

Oh and yes, Nora was a bitch, but the difference between her and Quinn was that Nora actually had talent. And she never pretended she was anything other than a bitch -- if you spent time with her, the odds were good you'd end up ridiculed in a piece somewhere. As someone once said, both these women would run over their own mother, but Nora would at least honk first.

The other Ephron sisters are also screwed up -- they did have a horrible childhood... but the nicest, as far as that goes, is Amy. She's actually quite pleasant and funny. Delia has spend her whole life wishing she were Nora and hating everyone for the fact that she wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 88July 4, 2018 12:57 PM

R86 Any details on Cokie? I knew Quinn was a cunt but I have never heard anything about Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 89July 4, 2018 1:00 PM

[quote] her pal Cokie Roberts ain't much better.

[quote]I knew Quinn was a cunt but I have never heard anything about Roberts.

Just listening to her talk on television, you could tell her family and friends called her "Cuntie" instead of "Cokie."

by Anonymousreply 90July 4, 2018 2:13 PM

Not all that unusual for a son or daughter to get the mother's family name. The difference between Sally Quinn and Anna Quindlen is that Anna's a mensch and Sally's one of the worst people in the world. (Nora Ephron wasn't quite in that awful pantheon, but she was pretty close--the difference between her and Quinn, as has been noted, is talent. Her writing was a gift, snarky or not; Sally has no gifts)

by Anonymousreply 91July 4, 2018 2:38 PM

Sally makes DL icon Babs Bush look like Rebecca of sunnybrooke farm.

by Anonymousreply 92July 4, 2018 2:50 PM

Loving the comments on Pamela Harriman. Only met her once when I went to a meeting with Averill Harriman the statesman, at his home, long after he was retired, and she graciously answered the door and made small talk. I was surprised that the maid didn’t. Their house was spectacular in the old world style (I always loved Georgetown) and Averill was as brilliant as ever, even though he was pretty old back then. Great memory for me, as I love politics and history.

by Anonymousreply 93July 4, 2018 3:05 PM

Trust me on this, though I am sure it is no surprise: the truly talented ones are always the nicest to deal with. The ones who aren't talented know it (deep inside or very clearly) and overcompensate. Sally Quinn was one of the most public failures in American history so you think she'd be nice and humble but no...

by Anonymousreply 94July 4, 2018 7:01 PM

Averell Harriman let Jackie Kennedy and her children move into his N Street townhouse after JFK was assassinated.

Jackie moved from Harriman's townhouse to another house on N Street that she bought. But she found the crowds and life in Washington generally untenable for herself and her children and eventually fled to NYC.

I always wondered what the Harriman townhouse interior looked like. Here are some photos from a sale in recent years.

Sally Quinn's embraced envy and bitterness in her life. She's grown more extreme as she's aged and her irrelevance can't be disguised. The woman is more hated than Leona Helmsley in her day.

Even her so-called friends avoid her more and more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 4, 2018 9:27 PM

* link is actually to photos of the 3017 N St house Jackie bought and moved to after the Harriman house, where she lived only briefly before moving to NYC in 1964.

Still it looks spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 96July 4, 2018 9:38 PM

On the Block. Henry the K's house was, too (3018 Dumbarton).

Now...who remembers the Block?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97July 4, 2018 9:39 PM

This famous picture of Jackie, sharing a secret smile with RFK, was taken at the Harriman townhouse.

I believe this was the period when Ethel and some of the Kennedy sisters worried that RFK was "spending too much time with the Widder">

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 4, 2018 9:43 PM

So Sounds like Sally paid the yoga teacher to marry Quinn. Just completely perplexed why such a pretty lady would marry Quinn with all his mental and physical challenges.

Love the insider gossip about Sally Q.

by Anonymousreply 99July 4, 2018 9:49 PM

She did her first broadcast with a cold and snot dripping all over. Early karma, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 100July 4, 2018 9:51 PM

Where is sallys money coming from to live in that huge house? Or did her husband leave her a massive fortune? Curious.

by Anonymousreply 101July 4, 2018 9:55 PM

There was a great deal of Bradlee money.

by Anonymousreply 102July 4, 2018 9:59 PM

So let’s hope the older kids got some.

by Anonymousreply 103July 4, 2018 10:00 PM

R100 Yeah, let's hope it was snot.

by Anonymousreply 104July 4, 2018 10:03 PM

[quote]There was a great deal of Bradlee money.

"Bradlee" as in Bradlee's discount stores in the Northeast?

by Anonymousreply 105July 4, 2018 10:04 PM

I always thought it was hilarious that they spelled the name Bradlee with two e's like the spawn of some suburban Frau.

by Anonymousreply 106July 4, 2018 10:12 PM

I'm sure she along with his children were probably left with hundreds of millions of dollars in a trust fund or something.

People like them always have long $$$$$$.

by Anonymousreply 107July 4, 2018 10:34 PM

scunt who stole ben bradlee from his wife,,,, and they had a 'gifted'son together.....hmmm

she is not respected

by Anonymousreply 108July 4, 2018 10:41 PM

Even more pretentious-- Bradlee's middle name was Crowninshield.

by Anonymousreply 109July 4, 2018 10:50 PM

Cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110July 4, 2018 10:52 PM

No, not that Bradlee's. Old family money that disappeared in the Depression. Bradlee earned his own.

Plenty of people give their children family names as first or middle names. Nothing pretentious about it, but if you dislike it please don't follow the custom.

by Anonymousreply 111July 4, 2018 10:55 PM

It was many years since I was in the home... it looks much brighter in r95’s photos. I remember it was darker, with old wood embellishments and paneling.

by Anonymousreply 112July 4, 2018 11:02 PM

[quote]Even more pretentious-- Bradlee's middle name was Crowninshield.

His great-uncle, Frank Crowninshield, was the Vanity Fair editor who hired Dorothy Parker, Robert Benchley, and Robert Sherwood

by Anonymousreply 113July 4, 2018 11:06 PM

I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the insight into these nasty bitches lives..thank you.

by Anonymousreply 114July 5, 2018 12:47 AM

cunt got all his $$$, bummer

by Anonymousreply 115July 5, 2018 1:19 AM

She told everybody that Bed Bradlee had Alzheimers - after he died.

by Anonymousreply 116July 5, 2018 1:21 AM

Quinn, the kid, got engaged to someone else last year. No word on a wedding.

by Anonymousreply 117July 5, 2018 1:59 AM

They have dough but certainly not hundreds of millions. Most of the money today is from prime real estate which I’m sure went to her and Quinn. Grey gardens was bought in 1979 for about $750,000 in today’s money but sold for $15 million recently. Remember, before the 1990s east and west coast real estate was a hell of a lot cheaper. They were lucky. But now she’s consolidating for Quinn who may require a lot of care in the future. I’ve seen Quinn out and about recently in NYC with some girl but always assumed she was another bought piece. Not sure if she’s the supposed new fiancé. He’s a nice kid, very polite. God rarely gives with both hands.

by Anonymousreply 118July 6, 2018 2:18 AM

whuts quinn afflicted with?

by Anonymousreply 119July 6, 2018 4:40 AM

r119 A horrible mother, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 120July 6, 2018 4:15 PM

R119 DiGeorge syndrome

by Anonymousreply 121July 6, 2018 4:30 PM

It’s a shame she alienated the rest of the family from her son. He will need help when she is gone.

by Anonymousreply 122February 17, 2019 6:13 AM

I think she’s divine! Love her to bits!! Hope to see her ASAP..

by Anonymousreply 123February 17, 2019 8:24 AM

R122 Yes, indeed. Funnily enough, I don't recall hearing anything too negative about Quinn 's son . The problem is Sally has created a monumental well of Ill will that likely will decrease the prospect of support for Quinn once Sally kicks it. I have seen firsthand that often negative association 's With one family member will lead to dislike to those close to them . Sally's pathology and greed will likely hurt Quinn in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 124February 18, 2019 11:04 PM

The son told the story of the prostitute in the Caribbean. He was taken by a school friend. He told his father the next morning and SQ overheard. She made him take them to the brothel, have the brothel owner find the woman (who was off duty) and took her and the son to get tested for AIDS. He describes her as military in her attack to get what she wanted in all things - but he said it in a rolling eyes way. Sounds like Ben just tried to block her out but she used his power for all she could get. Why men marry these nasty women, I’ll never know. At least old gay men aren’t as pussy/dick-whipped.

by Anonymousreply 125February 19, 2019 2:43 AM

R125 I have heard theories that so called "nice " individuals who gravitate towards nasty partners really aren't that "nice " after all. They just like having someone else do their dirty work for them. The fact that Bradlee allowed himself to be alienated from his older children is a poor reflection on him.

by Anonymousreply 126February 19, 2019 2:54 AM

My friends who've been in DC for their entire careers have done everything they can to steer clear of SQ. She is roundly hated by everyone, and equally feared, as she uses her connections to do everything she can to maintain her standing even if it means destroying someone else. One of the worst human beings in DC, and that's saying a great deal.

by Anonymousreply 127February 19, 2019 1:18 PM

In a city full of execrable permanent residents, she is the worst. And it's true that she is now practicing some kind of black magic, casting spells on her enemies (of whom she has many, so she must be a very busy lady).

by Anonymousreply 128February 19, 2019 1:23 PM

r126, that has been my experience.

by Anonymousreply 129February 19, 2019 1:58 PM

Does she still have a forum? why would anyone pay attention to her anymore? She's gotta be pushing 80 and her husband has been dead for a while.

by Anonymousreply 130February 19, 2019 2:03 PM

Good point R126. I agree - powerful men are generally dicks. Sad that we end up worshipping bad people because they have power. But guess it’s always been the way of the world. I’ll take my unambitious, kind and loving partner over power any day.

by Anonymousreply 131February 19, 2019 2:04 PM

R127 r128 Haha very true. It takes a unique type of awfulness to stand out as an especially bad person in DC . New Yorkers are tough but at least they are recognizably human. Washingtonians are like cold, dead eyed, robotic drones (apologies to any nice Washingtonians out there, I'm sure they exist ).

by Anonymousreply 132February 19, 2019 6:10 PM

We do, r132, but I fear we're not as nice as we used to be.

by Anonymousreply 133February 19, 2019 6:15 PM

Sally has lost her looks, her husband, her influence...

And she's alienated most of her friends and family...

Still, a dying mule kicks the hardest...

She's very bitter and she has little left to lose.

by Anonymousreply 134February 19, 2019 8:04 PM

[quote]She's very bitter and she has little left to lose.

And somehow, she's managed NOT to become a DL icon

by Anonymousreply 135February 19, 2019 8:06 PM

Here’s an old article Sally wrote for the Washington Post interviewing one of Capote’s swans, C.Z. Guest. It’s facinating. No one today would speak as candidly as C.Z. did in this interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136February 19, 2019 8:08 PM

She has a sinister vibe.

by Anonymousreply 137February 19, 2019 10:02 PM

Always curious about the son. He seems independent and briefly married that yoga teacher.

by Anonymousreply 138February 19, 2019 10:08 PM

I think the son needs a lot of guidance.

The marriage to the yoga teacher was a scandal, but I can't recall why. It might have been a financial transaction. And I think Sally deliberately scheduled the wedding to conflict with an event of one of Ben's older children.

Anyone posting here with a decent memory?

by Anonymousreply 139February 19, 2019 10:13 PM

Yes she did. She rescheduled her son's wedding to the same day as Bradlee's grandaughter's wedding. She got called out and then the Wash Post fired her over it. She was writing a column on "faith." Here some of the article on Mediate

Quinn–who is married to former WaPo executive editor Ben Bradlee–set off the firestorm after using her entertaining column on the front of the Friday Style Section to clarify that there was no drama behind the rumors that she had rescheduled her son’s wedding on the same day as Bradlee’s granddaughter’s wedding to further a family grudge.

The dueling wedding rumors were started by former WaPo gossip columnist Annie Groer who wrote for Politics Daily that Sally had moved up son Quinn Bradlee’s wedding after the bride announced she was pregnant. The only available day turned out to be the same day Greta Bradlee is supposed to get married in California. Although Sally and Ben had already said they weren’t attending Greta’s wedding because of tension between Ben and his son, Ben Bradlee Jr. who is divorced from Greta’s mom, ABC’s Martha Raddatz, Sally acknowledged the whole thing looked bad. She blamed the snafu on her husband for not putting Greta’s wedding date on his calendar.

The column turned into another black-eye for the Style section, long considered one of the WaPo’s premier sections. In November, a legendary editor and young-turk writer came to blows over the lack of quality in the Style section. Brauchli had to break up that fight, but many suggested it exemplified problems in leadership and editing in the features section.

One of Quinn’s colleagues in the Style section, Pulitzer Prize winner Gene Weingarten, blamed Sally’s editor for not killing the column and saving Quinn from harming herself and the paper. Politico‘s Michael Calderone reported that both Raddatz and Bradlee Jr. contacted Post publisher Katharine Weymouth to complain about their family issues being dragged into the Style section.

In addition to Quinn losing her column, Groer is speculating that Quinn is going to change her son’s wedding–again–in order to ease family drama. And where does she plan to announce his mea culpa? Groer says it may in her final regular column scheduled for Friday.

We can only hope.

FILED UNDER: BEN BRADLEEGENE WEINGARTENMARCUS BRAUCHLISALLY QUINNTHE WASHINGTON POST

by Anonymousreply 140February 19, 2019 10:19 PM

R138 I have heard mostly positive or neutral things regarding the son. He is not actively hated the way that Sally is. R139 I don't think money changed hands. The yoga teacher was introduced to Sally by her fellow widely hated cunt Maureen Dowd. Sally then introduced her to Quinn. The teacher became pregnant but appeared to have lost the baby, probably through miscarriage . Regarding the wedding, Sally scheduled both at the same time then wrote a rambling, narcissistic , and self important column about it in the Washington Post that became a laughing stock among those who follow the DC media . Wonkette wrote a funny piece trashing it. Sally Quinns column (which had always been a joke )was shuttered shortly after.

by Anonymousreply 141February 19, 2019 10:19 PM

To be absolutely clear, I've never heard anything but positive things regarding the son; he's said to be a very kind and decent young man with good manners. He certainly can't be blamed for his mother's nastiness. And I have to say for both parents that despite their many flaws, they knocked themselves out getting Quinn diagnosed and into programs to help his developmental and other lags.

But Sally's got no redeeming social value.

by Anonymousreply 142February 19, 2019 10:35 PM

I’ve lived in the DC area since 1971 and read the Post regularly. Although SQ is an awful person, I must grudgingly admit that she wrote very amusing Style section articles in the 1970s and 1980s. I stopped reading her in the early 1990s after she wrote a truly vicious article about someone I knew.

by Anonymousreply 143February 19, 2019 10:50 PM

I love hearing stories about awful people.

by Anonymousreply 144February 20, 2019 12:29 AM

She was witty and brazenly charming at the beginning, but became petty and did not understand that her social set was no longer as important as it used to be. My mother is a junior member of that crowd and she realizes/accepts that the action has moved elsewhere in Washington now.

by Anonymousreply 145February 20, 2019 12:53 AM

Love to see my fellow DC bitches come out swinging! Get her, girls!

by Anonymousreply 146February 20, 2019 1:51 AM

I knew someone who worked on the Hill, and I remember her telling me that it was basically a rule in every congressional office, from both parties, that if Sally Quinn called to invite the member to a dinner party, they had to find a way to decline. Also, I met her at a reception, where I was my friend's plus one, but as soon as she determined I wasn't important she just left the conversation in mid-sentence. So I hate to break it to Sally but it isn't that DC doesn't do dinner parties anymore, they just don't want to do your dinner parties. So I've always viewed her as a more malevolent Hyacinth Bucket. Though I'd much rather attend one of of Mrs. Bucket's Candlelight Dinners, than one at Ms Quinn's house.

by Anonymousreply 147February 20, 2019 2:40 AM

R147 I remember reading a similar account from a journalist, though it appears dear Sally didn't know the individual was a journalist. Sally just randomly began ignoring them in the middle of the conversation and looking past them.

by Anonymousreply 148February 20, 2019 3:06 AM

When Sally finally dies it will be amusing to see the remembrances and obits step around the fact that she was roundly despised by everyone she came across, other than her Pussy whipped husband and a few well connected big wigs who she treated well.Usually public figures and socialites have complex legacies. For every person who hated them you will find one with fond memories of them. But it seems almost no one who has met this woman has any positive impressions.

by Anonymousreply 149February 20, 2019 3:11 AM

What the hell did Ben Bradlee ever see in her?

by Anonymousreply 150February 20, 2019 3:17 AM

R150 I guess she was a very talented cock sucker. That he was a dumb enough to actually marry her is still a shocker though.

by Anonymousreply 151February 20, 2019 3:20 AM

Maybe Sally was willing to do anal.

by Anonymousreply 152February 20, 2019 3:33 AM

Fascinated by the son w the extreme disability and the arranged marriage.

by Anonymousreply 153February 25, 2019 5:53 PM

She sounds like a nightmare to deal with. I wonder if the kids/grandkids from Ben's first marriage have anything to do with the disabled son. If not, that's the way she likes it.

by Anonymousreply 154February 25, 2019 5:57 PM

R147 - so many people in DC like this. I think that’s what makes DC such a cold bitch of a place compared to NY. Superficially it has what it takes to b a fun city - streams of incoming young people, Jobs, money, booming night life and restaurants - yet it always feels so not fun.

by Anonymousreply 155February 25, 2019 6:27 PM

Have lived in DC twice--first in the 90s and now for a dozen years again. It has its qualities but "fun" isn't one of them. It has become moreof a real city in teh last 20+ years , but there is an undercurrent of petty Calvinism that will never allow it to be "fun".

by Anonymousreply 156February 25, 2019 7:08 PM

R155 r156 Yes I agree . What's strange about DC is the disconnect between supposedly being one of the most politically liberal cities in the nation and the strangely conservative atmosphere. It doesn't feel like San Francisco or New York City where everyone just does their own thing and nobody cares. It feels more like a country club or open air government office with a mandatory dress code. Way too many uptight type A ' people who will stare you down if you aren't wearing khakis and a blazer, or pearls and a skirt. Also hands down the most segregated city I have ever been, whatever it's faux liberal pretensions. I'm convinced that 75 percent of Washingtonians are really republicans at heart, whoever they vote for.

by Anonymousreply 157February 25, 2019 7:32 PM

Sorry, I find Manhattan and Baltimore to be way more segregated than DC

by Anonymousreply 158February 25, 2019 7:37 PM

Perhaps, dear R158, because you've never left your mother's basement in Atlanta?

by Anonymousreply 159February 25, 2019 9:04 PM

Pointless bitchery is alive and well on the DL. ^^^^

by Anonymousreply 160February 25, 2019 9:20 PM

R158 Baltimore yes, but I disagree on Manhattan. I still think DC is fairly segregated for a so called major city. Baltimore is a weird place in its own way. But let's get back to the one thing everyone can agree on, the cuntiness of Sally Quinn!

by Anonymousreply 161February 25, 2019 9:32 PM

Is there really anything more that can, or needs to, be said about Cuntella Quinn?

by Anonymousreply 162February 25, 2019 11:39 PM

There were a million houses they could have bought that would have been prettier and a lot less of a hassle but they acquired Grey Gardens just because of its previous ownership. JFK and Jackie had socialized with Bradlee and his first wife a lot but for some reason, Jackie froze Bradlee out in later years.

by Anonymousreply 163February 26, 2019 5:38 PM

Jackie may have associated Bradlee with her husband's tomcatting--and with good reason. And she may have been offtended that Bradlee was screwing around on his first wife, whom everyone loved, with good old Sally Quinn.

by Anonymousreply 164February 26, 2019 5:52 PM

No, wait; I have that wrong. Bradlee screwed around with his second wife, Tony, while still married to his first. I think Tony divorced him before he started seeing Sally Quinn. She and Ben had their own scandals, but they were political, not romantic.

by Anonymousreply 165February 26, 2019 5:58 PM

It was because of Bradlee's sister in law. His first wife's sister had an affair with JFK. She was murdered while taking a walk along the canal in Georgetown. There was talk of her having a diary. Which Bradlees wife claimed to burn when her sister died. I think they caught somebody in the house looking for it?

by Anonymousreply 166February 26, 2019 6:04 PM

I think her funeral will be one of the best attended, but it won't be because people are grieving. It will be like what Red Skelton said when Harry Cohn of Columbia Pictures died, "It proves what Harry always said: give the public what they want and they'll come out for it."

by Anonymousreply 167February 26, 2019 6:05 PM

The murder of Mary Pinchot Meyer is really quite a story. I don't know if we ever will know the truth of it. It would make a good movie though. Mary was married to a CIA official who was bucking the CIA. Engelton (not a good guy) got involved. I think the whole thing scared Ben Bradlee pretty bad. He hated to talk about it. Maybe because, for once, he was part of the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168February 26, 2019 6:10 PM

Tony and Ben turned Mary's diary over to Engelton, who swore he'd destroy it. He didn't. Tony managed to get it back and claimed to have burned it.

Engelton might have been caught either trying to break into Mary's studio or into Ben and Tony's house.

.....long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 169February 26, 2019 6:21 PM

Quinn was ground zero for the Washington DC elites irrational hatred towards the Clinton's. Quinn, Maureen Dowd (a friend of Quinns ), and large segments of the DC press never outgrew their anti Clinton pathology. Hilary Clinton declined to hobnob with Sally Quinn at her cocktail parties and the rest is history. Much of the hysteria by Dowd, Quinn, et al over Clinton's infidelities was due to their personal dislike of the Clinton's and not any real principles. After all, Quinn earned her career on her knees under the married Ben Bradlees desk. They transferred their hatred onto Gore, who Dowd mocked as an effeminate debutante staring at himself in the mirror while singing Broadway showtunes. The rest of the Washington media followed suit, which helped pave the way for the election of Bush and the travesty of the Iraq War. Their normalization of anti Clinton hysteria helped get both Bush and Trump elected.

by Anonymousreply 170February 26, 2019 6:58 PM

Quinn's mother had an affair with Barry Goldwater. Sally was just a more determined whore.

by Anonymousreply 171February 26, 2019 10:35 PM

She's the Washington Post's version of Tom Friedman.

by Anonymousreply 172February 26, 2019 10:39 PM

Not even close too it^ sally Quinn is in a league of her own.

by Anonymousreply 173February 26, 2019 10:48 PM

I've had dinner with her and in person she was cordial with amusing stories to tell. She's a bit eccentric, but was warm and not prudish. About a year later we were at an event, and she remembered who I was (and I'm a nobody.) I thought that was pretty redeeming, given the gossip I'd heard. I guess I'll be the first to say it, I think she gets a bad rap.

by Anonymousreply 174February 26, 2019 11:31 PM

R174 You must either be a rich, well connected wasp or just look like one.

by Anonymousreply 175February 26, 2019 11:38 PM

The only good thing she's ever done in her entire life was saving Grey Gardens.

by Anonymousreply 176February 26, 2019 11:47 PM

R174. Were you wearing the same caftan?

by Anonymousreply 177February 26, 2019 11:48 PM

r174, you're leaving some details out of your story. It obviously wasn't just the two of you at dinner. If she was "warm," which is doubtful, there must have been someone else there she felt the need to be more convivial for.

Trust us, her reputation for being a cunt is well-deserved. She's by no means getting a "bad rap."

by Anonymousreply 178February 27, 2019 3:35 PM

R174 -- Sally, please go away! DL its beneath you (just like so many men have been above you).

by Anonymousreply 179February 27, 2019 3:37 PM

Jackie O hate Sally and didn't socialize with her.

by Anonymousreply 180February 27, 2019 6:26 PM

I only know her from her article about Chubbuck. It sounds like — and is widely believed — she saw the tape of the suicide from the TV studio.

by Anonymousreply 181February 27, 2019 6:58 PM

Gretchen Lol was in a movie about the murdered JFK lover.

by Anonymousreply 182March 4, 2019 2:47 AM

R182 The film was titled An American Affair. They based her character loosely on Meyer. Interesting idea but the film received poor reviews (16 percent positive on Rotten Tomatoes ).

by Anonymousreply 183March 4, 2019 3:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!