Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Just be nice to the gentlemen, Fancy

And they'll be nice to you

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2018 3:11 AM

L00KiT Mama ............... I has dance moves too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2018 2:48 AM

Recently acquired a compilation CD with a Bobbie Gentry I'd never heard before. I like it too...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2018 2:50 AM

R1 I showed tit and did it better, Bitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2018 3:05 AM

In Reba's video, a car comes to pick up Fancy to take her to who knows where (a brothel, perhaps?) But also in Reba's video, they really distract you from the prostitution angle - Fancy is portrayed as a now-famous movie and singing star.

It seems to me if Mama was going to send innocent, naive Fancy out into the world like that, she would have been better to have arranged to auction off Fancy's virginity to the highest bidder. Then Mama would have had enough money for doctors, or at least a way to find someone to look after the baby.

I know it's only a story song, but geez it's got plot holes the size of Texas in it.

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2018 3:08 AM

Sorry, meant to say what did Mama tell Fancy to do in the first place? "Go to this corner of that street in New Orleans and be nice to the gentlemen"? Or did she give her the address of a dance hall, or a brothel, or what?

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2018 3:10 AM

R4 Fancy was turned out pre-eBay and pre-Kardashian Dubai

I guess an ad in the 'Thrifty Nickel' might have got a few hits...

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2018 3:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!