Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sorority sister expelled after posting racist tirade on Instagram

Harley Barber is on her way home to New Jersey after being expelled from the University of Alabama and de-lettered from her sorority.

Two separate videos of Barber went viral Tuesday, but not for the reasons she had hoped. In both of them, she can he heard using the n-word repeatedly in lengthy racist tirades.

What’s even more damning, and perplexing, is that she recored and posted the videos herself.

In the first clip, she appears in a public restroom and decided to record video of the faucet that had been left running.

“We do not waste water…because of the poor people in Syria,” she says as she films the sink. “We don’t waste water. I love how I act like I love black people because I (expletive) hate (n-word) so that’s really interesting but I just saved the (expletive) (n-word) by shutting that water off.”

Needless to say, she faced an almost immediate backlash after she posted the video to her Instagram account. To address the backlash, she recorded a second video and only made things worse.

“(N-word) (n-word) (n-word). I don’t care if it’s Martin Luther King Day. I’m in the south now (expletive) so everybody can (expletive) off. I’m from New Jersey so I can say (n-word) as much as I want.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 20, 2018 5:28 PM

So? What should we care about this nobody?

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2018 2:31 AM

Likely a DLer's sister. Or niece. Or daughter.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2018 2:32 AM

Pure-dee TRASH!

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2018 2:33 AM

Roy Moore's new young squeeze.

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2018 2:37 AM

R4 No, she’s far too old and decrepit for Moore’s liking

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2018 2:37 AM

Harley, call me!

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2018 2:37 AM

University of Alabama expelled her.

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2018 2:39 AM

Any relation to Mississippi governor & RNC chair Haley Barbour?

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2018 2:46 AM

Why would you give a shit about a sorority that much, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2018 2:48 AM

How is shutting off a water tap in Alabama saving people in Syria? Also, the majority of people in Syria are not black.

What Faux News trope is she thinking of? I’ve never heard of conserving water in America affecting people in Syria one way or another. Must be some ranting talking head somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2018 2:55 AM

Sororities = Frau Incubators

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2018 2:56 AM

Stupid bitch

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2018 3:01 AM

I bet she's diagnosed as bipolar. It's funny tho because she doesn't look white at all in that picture. I'd love to buy her a DNA test and laugh in her face as she read the results.

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2018 3:03 AM

[quote]I bet she's diagnosed as bipolar

She's just a garbage eating fucktard. No need to make this clinical - we wouldn't if she were male.

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2018 3:05 AM

Sorry, I meant that will be her excuse. White people always get one.

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2018 3:06 AM

Why isn;t SHE our Secretary of State!!! Such a lovely girl!

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2018 3:15 AM

What is this ugly girl so uppity about anyway?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2018 3:18 AM

My soul mate!

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2018 3:19 AM

"I'm in the south now." Well, there you go. Can't shake it.

When the reality is she's pretty typical North Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2018 3:25 AM

Let's play guess her ethnicity? I'd say she has a foot on India based on r17's pic.

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2018 3:35 AM

Gypsy

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2018 3:36 AM

Is Alpha Phi even a good sorority? At my school it was for the girls who couldn't get into better houses.

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2018 3:37 AM

She looks like the character Alison Wright played in The Americans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2018 3:41 AM

Alpha Phi at Bama is the trashy, coked-up, orange-tanned sluts from out of state. The Old Row sororities (a.k.a. the well-bred Southern girls) look down their noses at them.

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2018 3:43 AM

You must be tard to attend Alabama from out of state

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2018 3:44 AM

She was groping herself in that video.

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2018 3:54 AM

That picture at r17 is what I made Kylie Jenner think she looked like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2018 3:56 AM

Out of state tuition at Alabama is $28, 000. That seems a lot for a middling education. Are her parents also insane?

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2018 3:58 AM

I would imagine that the University of Alabama, a public institution, expelled her for something other than her words, no matter how objectionable.

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2018 3:58 AM

She’s from New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2018 4:03 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2018 4:04 AM

" I’m from New Jersey so I can say (n-word) as much as I want.”

This is the type of thinking that infuriates me. I have met so many people from other parts of the country who think only southerners are racist. They can not possibly be one because they are from up north or out west. Fucking hypocrite!

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2018 4:04 AM

What she said was ignorant, no doubt, but it is complete bullshit if she was expelled from a University for saying what she said.

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2018 4:04 AM

She's like a plain version of pre-op Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2018 4:04 AM

What an expensive lesson for little Harley !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 18, 2018 4:05 AM

Expelling her seems a bit harsh, unless she made any threats or advocated for violence.

If someone recorded herself saying “fucking cracker” she’d probably get an award for calling attention to how evil white are. I wonder what would happen if she said “fucking faggot” or “fucking dyke”. My guess is that she’d still be in her sorority.

Even deolorable racists have the right to free speech whether anyone else wants to hear it or not.

by Anonymousreply 36January 18, 2018 4:11 AM

I agree R36. Earlier today I was on the ski lift and a group of very white kids ahead of me were blasting rap music where every other word was ni66er. Either it's an acceptable word, or it isn't. If rappers can say the word in their music because they are covered by the right to free speech, then a stupid sorority twat should be allowed to say it as well. We're all "equal", right? Then it should be a level playing field...either the word is acceptable, or it isn't. If Haley was black, would she have been expelled? Not a fucking chance. This is getting out of control now.

by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2018 4:18 AM

It's been heading that way for a while thanks to likes of Eric Holder

by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2018 4:24 AM

She's likely mentally ill. She was completely incoherent.

by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2018 4:27 AM

"I love how I act like I love black people because I (expletive) hate (n-word)"

This is not some white kid singing along, saying that word. I am going with mentally ill. At first I thought one of her friends recorded her and posted it without her knowing. The fact that she thought she could think this is OK, record it, and then post to her personal page is off. I'll go with bi polar as well.

by Anonymousreply 40January 18, 2018 4:40 AM

I hope she dies...is that wrong?

by Anonymousreply 41January 18, 2018 4:47 AM

R36-38 she created a hostile environment for other students and she's free to contact the ACLU to sue for reinstatement.

I'll bet her original name was Barbarito. She looks and acts like a fucking greaseball from Jersey. Some of the dumbest, most racist white people you'll ever meet. All Trump supporters. Their family back in the village loved Mussolini; it's a natural fit. They can be 'saved' from their stupidity but they must be educated to a minimum of a master's degree from a good school. And it doesn't always work, see: Jeanine Pirro.

by Anonymousreply 42January 18, 2018 4:54 AM

Is she interested in a career in broadcasting?

by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2018 5:47 AM

Her shitty life is over. She's crying as we type. HA ha!

by Anonymousreply 44January 18, 2018 5:48 AM

[quote] And it doesn't always work, see: Jeanine Pirro.

Jeanine Pirro is Lebanese.

by Anonymousreply 45January 18, 2018 5:50 AM

Lebanese is what I was going to guess for this girl’s ethnicity.

by Anonymousreply 46January 18, 2018 6:19 AM

Not Lebanese, Blanche, lesbian...

by Anonymousreply 47January 18, 2018 6:29 AM

[quote] R37: Either it's an acceptable word, or it isn't. If rappers can say the word in their music because they are covered by the right to free speech, then a stupid sorority twat should be allowed to say it as well. We're all "equal", right?

Wrong. It is t about equality, but it is important to understand that context matters.

But aside from context, anybody can use the N word, but that doesn’t mean that the word is acceptable. People are free to use the word but must be prepared to accept the consequences. If they are shunned by others as a result, that’s the consequences.

The first amendment means the government can’t punish you your speech. It doesn’t mean that you’re free from social consequences.

by Anonymousreply 48January 18, 2018 6:31 AM

Her name is SpookySlut? That's worse than snack.hoe

by Anonymousreply 49January 18, 2018 6:50 AM

Italian Jersey trash.

by Anonymousreply 50January 18, 2018 6:58 AM

I have never met an Italian chick named "Harley." Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 51January 18, 2018 7:09 AM

Since when are Italians white? And R36, there's a difference between ni66er and 'nigga'(used in hip hop and black culture). A big difference. Y'all don't know that by now.

by Anonymousreply 52January 18, 2018 7:09 AM

Is this chick supposed to be an undergrad? She looks older than my mom

by Anonymousreply 53January 18, 2018 7:30 AM

I didn't understand the link between Syria and her dislike of blacks. Then I realized she must think Syrians are blacks? Either way she's an idiot. You reap what you sow. Enjoy being back in NJ.

by Anonymousreply 54January 18, 2018 8:08 AM

She's reeeealy been sheltered if she thinks it's okay to put videos of herself saying shit like that online. I think we can assume she isn't a Human Rights major

by Anonymousreply 55January 18, 2018 8:18 AM

I figured you show up R37. DL's resident racist apologist. I must say, I never figured you for dumb BUT your little analogy here completely changed that. You can do better, right? Comparing music to this mess of young lady’s rant over social media?

And how do people STILL not understand the concept of “Freedom of Speech”?

Now if she had said “Faggot” instead of “Niggers,” I doubt that you’d be jumping up to use your erroneous understanding of free speech to protect her. BEGONE

[quote]What she said was ignorant, no doubt, but it is complete bullshit if she was expelled from a University for saying what she said.

It’s their university. They can expel her for saying something ignorant on social media. REALLY simple concept here that people just don't get--because they're too stupid to breathe--if you're going on an offensive tirade? Keep it amongst yourself and your Fentanyl-snorting buddies and off the Internet. That way you can say NIGGER to your heart's content without repercussions. Y'know...like your parents did when they were growing up.

by Anonymousreply 56January 18, 2018 9:05 AM

R56,

The difference is that if she said faggot, we would never know because it wouldn’t have made the news. She would be recovering from her sorority girl hangover right now/ icing her thighs after getting fucked by half of the football team.

Maybe the university it within its rights to expel her. Since it’s a public university, I’m not sure.

by Anonymousreply 57January 18, 2018 10:37 AM

If she'd said 'faggot' or 'tranny' etc she'd be given a slap on the wrist...

I have no sympathy for them being expelled. They sound like idiots.

by Anonymousreply 58January 18, 2018 11:08 AM

R42

It’s pretty ironic that someone who is so incensed that this lunatic uses the N word doesn’t see anything wrong with using the word greaseball.

Pot-kettle-BLACK(?)

Our country truly is fucked

by Anonymousreply 59January 18, 2018 11:15 AM

For r25....out of state students first out numbered in state students several years ago. I'm from Alabama, although I do not live there now, and I'm neither a 'tard' nor a racist. As someone else posred upthread, this just shows that racism is NOT limited to the south. I know plenty of liberal, gay intellectuals who live and 'fight the good fight' among the deplorables in red states, so don't fucking disparage ALL southerners, and don't send YOUR fucking northern rednecks down to us...We have plenty of deplorables already.

by Anonymousreply 60January 18, 2018 11:41 AM

[quote] R54: I didn't understand the link between Syria and her dislike of blacks. Then I realized she must think Syrians are blacks?

Remember that bigoted woman in the McCain town hall? She said she didn’t trust Obama. She added that she thought he was “an Arab”. I assume she meant a Muslim, not that it makes her sentiment okay. But I think she had layers on layers of stupidity and bigotry. So, this other woman might indeed think that Syria is full of Black people who are too lazy to move out of the way of machine gun fire.

My housekeeper, Rosy, once told me that an aquaintence of mine moved to Japan. Actually, it was India, but who’s counting. She just doesn’t know geography.

Then I though for some time that Rosy was from Puerto Rico. I could barely understand her at all, and she couldn’t read English. Anyway, I later learned she was from Brazil. I was embarrassed.

by Anonymousreply 61January 18, 2018 11:42 AM

Yeah, I didn’t get the Syria connection to black people either. She doesn’t seem too bright, to put it mildly.

by Anonymousreply 62January 18, 2018 11:50 AM

White people always gotta be mentally ill, huh.

No, she's just a garbage racist.

by Anonymousreply 63January 18, 2018 11:54 AM

I think they would have let her go with a suspension or a reprimand for one time. But then she goes back a second time to record an even worse video, sort of in your face? I'm betting she's a New Jersey Italian girl. Very typical. And they are extremely racist. I always laugh because they are not so far removed from African Americans and I a sure their DNA ancestry would verify that. Most East coast Italians migrated here from Southern Italy and Sicily. There are strong North African, and Arabic strains in their DNA. I know because I am from Southern Italy three generations removed.

by Anonymousreply 64January 18, 2018 11:57 AM

[quote] R55: She's reeeealy been sheltered if she thinks it's okay to put videos of herself saying shit like that online.

Personally, I think Fox & Fiends has influenced people like this woman (and my brother in law) to let their inner bigot out. These people hear Fox and then extrapolate. My BIL once complained about Political Correctness. I responded by saying that PC seemed to me to simply mean being polite, but then he lost his temper and started shouting about how he wanted to be able to say Nigger, Chinc, Gook, or Jap, if he wanted, because these multimillionaires in the NFL talk that way. R37 uses similar reasoning, I think.

I didn’t ask my BIL where he wanted to use that language. Church, perhaps? I was really appalled. And I’m offended that I have to explain that, though I’m White, the natural extension of my BIL’s tirade is “faggot”. Should it matter?

I think Fox is dangerous. It, and it’s onscreen newsreaders should all be treated as pariahs. I was so happy that Greta’s show on MSNBC failed. I wish there was something we could do about shaming Fox out of existence. My own family is an example of the danger. My BIL’s Family have all been brainwashed into what I think of as a Trump/Fox cult. It wouldn’t be so bad if they respected me enough to remember I disagree with their politics, and not raise the subject out of the blue, every time I see them.

by Anonymousreply 65January 18, 2018 12:02 PM

So she hates "ni66ers". So fucking what? Who really cares? By going to the extremes of expelling her from school, her words have been given massive amounts of relevance and power. And do you really think that expelling her for using her 1st amendment rights is going to suddenly make her love blacks? Do you think that is going to change anything? Oh it will change things, but not the way you imagine.

And comparing even the darkest Italian to African blacks is just so desperate and pathetic...just please stop. They are not similar in any way whatsoever and you just sound like morons comparing the two.

by Anonymousreply 66January 18, 2018 12:21 PM

She's from Marlton, NJ. That explains a lot. Marlton's population is low class white trash with jobs making big money.

by Anonymousreply 67January 18, 2018 12:34 PM

She looks like the daughter of that secretary from The Americans.

Why is she in school in Alabama if she’s from NJ? Is that a party school?

Everything worked out in the end. She is obviously an imbecile (something she proved several different ways) so shouldn’t be getting a degree anyway.

by Anonymousreply 68January 18, 2018 12:45 PM

"Who really cares?" I'm sure African- Americans care. I'm sure other minorities who get called derogatory names care. I 'm sue people who care about education institutions care. I'm sure her sorority cares how she is representing them, I'm sure people who want to live in a civil society care. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is just deplorables and narcissistic, lazy cynics who don't care.

by Anonymousreply 69January 18, 2018 12:51 PM

Why must everyone who does something stupid or deplorable be “diagnosed” these days? Aren’t any people just simply stupid or deplorable?

Has big pharma colonized our brains to the extent that we see every poor human behavior as a disorder to be treated with lots of expensive pills?

by Anonymousreply 70January 18, 2018 12:51 PM

She's a crazy environmentalist. Most are racist like her. No surprise.

by Anonymousreply 71January 18, 2018 12:54 PM

Nigger is a horrible term associated with slavery, lynching and segregation. It’s completrly justified that we now consider it shameful and inappropriate to use.

I call bullshit on the specious argument that it’s ok for white people to use it because black people often do. Just because the victims of racism have adopted a term as a badge of honor doesn’t mean the perpetrators are free to use it again.

by Anonymousreply 72January 18, 2018 12:55 PM

R71 — deplorable trying her hardest to flip the narrative.

by Anonymousreply 73January 18, 2018 12:56 PM

[Quote]And comparing even the darkest Italian to African blacks is just so desperate and pathetic...just please stop. They are not similar in any way whatsoever and you just sound like morons comparing the two.

You were saying, r66/ moron?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 18, 2018 1:01 PM

Meh, I'm over this shit. Who cares. All this "diversity is love, diversity is our strength" is just a bunch of propaganda bullshit and it's not working. We are humans, no amount of SJW "feel good" brainwashing is ever going to change that. While there will certainly be acceptance in some cases, tolerance is realistically the best we can hope for. Anything beyond that is doomed to fail. Sorry but that's just the raw truth. Kicking someone out of university for saying an "offensive word" isn't going to change anything, or if it does change anything, it won't be in the way that the action intended. Time for people to get their heads out of the clouds and face the reality of the situation and the sooner the better.

by Anonymousreply 75January 18, 2018 1:08 PM

What's your point R74?

by Anonymousreply 76January 18, 2018 1:10 PM

I'll mark you down under "narcissistic, lazy, cynic". So glad many others don't feel the way you do. Has your life been discouraging?

by Anonymousreply 77January 18, 2018 1:12 PM

All you people defending her would probably feel different if she was saying she hated f*ggots and d*kes. I'm glad she posted the video of herself. I'm glad she got kicked out. She's a dumb racist bitch.

by Anonymousreply 78January 18, 2018 1:13 PM

The University of Alabama was probably the only school the dumb bitch could get into.

by Anonymousreply 79January 18, 2018 1:15 PM

Why is she so angry? Who is out partying with their friends and thinks, Hey! Now's a good time to go on a racist tirade!

[quote]I didn't understand the link between Syria and her dislike of blacks. Then I realized she must think Syrians are blacks?

People are always looking for logic in racist and bigoted thinking. Why? It's not like their attitudes are the result of careful analysis. It's scapegoating.

by Anonymousreply 80January 18, 2018 1:16 PM

[quote] R75: All this "diversity is love, diversity is our strength" is just a bunch of propaganda bullshit and it's not working...Kicking someone out of university for saying an "offensive word" isn't going to change anything, or if it does change anything, it won't be in the way that the action intended.

The US is diverse and acknowledging reality is good for everybody. I’m White as snow and nobody would know that I have Black cousins. Not that this matters, I’m against bigotry in principle, anyway. People should be educated enough to realize that they are welcome to their private bigoted opinion but voicing that opinion has social consequences, a lesson this woman failed to understand. Also a lesson that R75 seems to have missed, too.

As for kicking this person out of school, it probably wasn’t so much for having or expressing bigotry, so much as for being a distraction to the other students and faculty; for bringing shame to the school, and for the safety of everyone.

by Anonymousreply 81January 18, 2018 1:24 PM

[quote]Yeah, I didn’t get the Syria connection to black people either. She doesn’t seem too bright, to put it mildly.

I haven't watched the video, but just from reading the transcript, her syntax immediately made me think "bipolar."

by Anonymousreply 82January 18, 2018 1:43 PM

If it's any consolation, this is what's waiting for her back in New Jersey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 18, 2018 1:53 PM

[quote]she created a hostile environment for other students and she's free to contact the ACLU to sue for reinstatement. . . . I'll bet her original name was Barbarito. She looks and acts like a fucking greaseball from Jersey. Some of the dumbest, most racist white people you'll ever meet.

You sound like just as much of a racist as she does.

by Anonymousreply 84January 18, 2018 1:56 PM

She needs to be shameed and exposed and pushing carts at walmart as her only career path.

by Anonymousreply 85January 18, 2018 1:58 PM

Forget the 1st amendment/freedom of speech thing. Even if state school 'Bama had merely disciplined her, she would never be hired for a decent job the rest of her life.

Why don't these post millennials realize that they are destroying their futures by posting foul stuff on FB, Twitter and the Gram?

by Anonymousreply 86January 18, 2018 1:59 PM

[quote] Personally, I think Fox & Fiends has influenced people like this woman (and my brother in law) to let their inner bigot out.

She is (or was) a stupid, trashy college sorority girl. She's not watching Fox & Friends. College students like her don't watch ANY news at all (which is part of the problem).

by Anonymousreply 87January 18, 2018 2:00 PM

Oh, I'm sure she'll find a place in the Trump administration, or on Fox News

by Anonymousreply 88January 18, 2018 2:01 PM

She's the next generation Teresa Guidice.

by Anonymousreply 89January 18, 2018 2:03 PM

[quote]Oh, I'm sure she'll find a place in the Trump administration, or on Fox News

If she were merely a rapist or a pedo she would thrive in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 90January 18, 2018 2:13 PM

Why do all the racists on this site feel that it’s fine to use racial slurs against Italians and stereotype whites, southerners and people from NJ?

You’re no better than she is.

by Anonymousreply 91January 18, 2018 2:32 PM

R91 Oh yes I am! Stop throwing the word racist around when you are fucking clueless as to what it means. Go look it up you piece of shit. White People own the fucking world. Old, white straight men, to be more specific and they don't need any one like your ignorant ass to defend them. She's the one who stereotyped southerners assuming since she was now in the south it was OK to say the N word. She's a disgusting piece of trash. There's plenty of evidence to support the racism and the coarseness of New Jersey Italians from southern Italy and Sicily We certainly didn't invent it..

by Anonymousreply 92January 18, 2018 2:36 PM

R92 here. I will say that I was unfair in the sense that I was generalizing and that not all Southern Italians are racists. We all get in trouble when we generalize.

by Anonymousreply 93January 18, 2018 2:37 PM

[quote]not all Southern Italians are racists.

Just the racist ones.

by Anonymousreply 94January 18, 2018 2:38 PM

Italians didn't invent racism, they just turned it into an art form.

by Anonymousreply 95January 18, 2018 2:40 PM

[quote] Why do all the racists on this site feel that it’s fine to use racial slurs against Italians and stereotype whites, southerners and people from NJ?

Because they're the biggest racists of all and the biggest fomenters of white supremacy, which is just them projecting their inferiority on their black superiority. Real master races don't need to suppress or eliminate all the others as you have constantly tried to do and as OP proves are still doing today.

Your victimhood is misplaced. You are not victims, you are VICTIMIZERS. You are the primary instigators of bigotry 95% of the time. You eat, sleep, and breathe bigotry. Yet when you get a dose of your own medicine, you act all uppity to your gay, black and Jewish superiors. Learn your place, BOY!

by Anonymousreply 96January 18, 2018 2:42 PM

I prescribe sobriety, repentance, penance then forgiveness and redemption. Love to her as she grows through suffering.

by Anonymousreply 97January 18, 2018 2:52 PM

I'll take "bipolar" for $400, Alex.

Desus & Mero talked about this last night. God I love these two mooks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 18, 2018 3:11 PM

Maybe she's got an older brother cute enough to subject to corrective rape as punishment for his complicity in the oppressor classes' war on gays, Jews, and people of color.

by Anonymousreply 99January 18, 2018 3:12 PM

R99 if you believe that Jews are an "oppressed class" then you really have no clue.

by Anonymousreply 100January 18, 2018 9:44 PM

She's at least 1/2 Italian:

[quote][bold]Harley Barber mom: I agree with Alabama expulsion over racist Instagram videos[/bold]

[quote]Jill Barbera, the estranged mother of the college student from New Jersey who was kicked out of school after videos of her racist rants went viral, said Thursday that she supports the University of Alabama's decision to give her daughter the boot.

[quote]"I agree with the punishment," said Barbera, whose daughter earned national scorn for repeatedly using the n-word in an Instagram video. "I fully support their decision." (Editor's Note: [italic]The mother's last name is Barbera with an extra "a"[/italic]).

[quote]"This is not a reflection of how she was raised. She's just degrading herself and it breaks my heart," Barbera said. "I hope someone can look at this and learn. I don't want anyone to feel what I feel."

[quote][bold]Barbera said her 19-year-old daughter hasn't lived with her since December 2016, when she kicked the teen out of the house after months of arguing. Barber has lived with her father's mother since.[/bold]

[quote]Efforts to reach the now-former University of Alabama freshman by phone and at two addresses on Thursday were not successful. She told the New York Post on Wednesday that she was "so sorry."

[quote]"I did something really, really bad," Barber told The Post. "I don't know what to do and I feel horrible. I'm wrong and there's just no excuse for what I did."

[quote]Barbera hopes that Barber can understand the severity of her actions, and make changes to her life moving forward.

[quote]"I love my kid. I wish this never happened for everyone involved," she said. "I can't apologize for her actions, and I won't. But I'll apologize for the pain it caused people."

[quote]Barber posted the videos to her "finsta," or fake Instagram, a type of account users make to share unfiltered photos and videos with their friends. In the two clips, she is heard saying "I (expletive) hate (n-word)," that she doesn't "care if it's Martin Luther King Day" and that she can say the n-word however much she pleases.

[quote]Barbera she's worried not just for Barber and her safety, but also for her younger daughter, who still has years of school left in a town that likely won't forget the sensational incident. She also said she's received threatening messages on social media from people who insist the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and blame her for Barber's actions.

[quote]"How do you tell a 10-year-old kid this?" she said. "I really want people to know that I am not sitting hugging Harley on the couch saying, 'It's okay.'"

[quote]Barbera said she talked to Barber briefly on the phone Wednesday night -- the first contact the two have spoken had in a year.

[quote]While the mother and daughter have had their difficulties, Barbera said she had never heard the teenager make racially disparaging statements, and that she didn't raise her daughter to hold such views. She hopes her daughter can overcome the incident.

I feel bad that the mother is getting threats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 18, 2018 10:35 PM

Nowhere in any of the mother's posts does she mention her daughter is mentally ill, so stop using it as a defense for her racism.

by Anonymousreply 102January 18, 2018 10:43 PM

Let’s also recognize that she is young, and was in school to LEARN. I hope she’s a quick learner and grows out of this.

by Anonymousreply 103January 18, 2018 10:43 PM

She sounds like she is tripping.

by Anonymousreply 104January 18, 2018 11:48 PM

[quote]The difference is that if she said faggot, we would never know because it wouldn’t have made the news.

Tranny--I’ll give you but there’s no way that would’ve gone unnoticed or unpunished if she used faggot. Not buying it.

Also don't get mad because nigger is considered a more offensive epithet than faggot. Black folks don't let people get away that shit. Gays shouldn't either. Instead of whining to your computer monitor, MOBILIZE. Do what Blacks did to get these kinds of results. Put the fear of God in these people. You say something SLIGHTLY racist, we are up in your shit. Gays should follow suit.

Hell, we already have celebrities begging for forgiveness whenever they get busted saying faggot.

by Anonymousreply 105January 19, 2018 9:07 AM

[quote]Desus & Mero talked about this last night. God I love these two mooks.

I love the Bodega Boys. Watch them Mon-Thurs. Mero has like...8 kids.

by Anonymousreply 106January 19, 2018 9:09 AM

Jill Barbera sounds like an actual good parent - doesn't mamabear her precious snowflake when she behaves disgustingly. It's telling she has been estranged from her trash daughter for a year.

by Anonymousreply 107January 19, 2018 9:14 AM

R105 I will give you that the word faggot has been elevated to a level 8 slur, which is tremendous progress in the past 10 years, Even in comedy films shown on free TV it s now being bleeped or dubbed, However I disagree that it will ever carry the level 10 personal and employment destruction that the n word has achieved. You say the n word and you are finished at your job. You say faggot and for the first offense you will likely be sent to some sort of sensitivity/diversity course,

The difference? The white man's history of enslavement trumps everything. It always will.

by Anonymousreply 108January 19, 2018 10:40 AM

[quote]The difference? The white man's history of enslavement trumps everything. It always will.

And you sound suspiciously disappointed, Harley.

by Anonymousreply 109January 19, 2018 10:47 AM

What is the correct term for the black version of white trash? The ones who act ghetto, constantly disturbing those around them, speak in alternative vernacular, do not fit in with mainstream society? To me the N word is the precise word for these people.

As a white person I would never use the N word, but I think expelling her is over the top. It sends the message to the other students that when someone hurts your feelings, they will be punished. We are creating a country of pussies.

by Anonymousreply 110January 19, 2018 9:27 PM

What I want to know is, who let that butt-ugly pig within 5 feet of my sorority in the first place?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 19, 2018 9:46 PM

She said she HATED N*****S.

by Anonymousreply 112January 19, 2018 11:58 PM

R110, so if your coworker called you a f@99ot, you would just tell him that's not nice and shake it off?

by Anonymousreply 113January 20, 2018 2:13 AM

R109 Harley? Hardly.

Unlike Harley I was raised in a proper southern UMC home. The n word was never, ever used; not because of any great love of AAs, but because it would be below us to use such crude language. We were taught to say "Negros" in the 60s. My old Nana unfortunately did call black children "pick'ney" because she grew up in Jamaica and that is what her governess called her children.

"Me pickney all over da place now gettin' me nerves." But she was born in 1897.

by Anonymousreply 114January 20, 2018 3:50 AM

[quote]Oh, I'm sure she'll find a place in the Trump administration, or on Fox News

There is another video--audio from a call she made to one of her sorority sisters after her expulsion--and that idiot says that she wanted a career in politics.

by Anonymousreply 115January 20, 2018 3:54 AM

Is anyone starting to notice that extreme racists comfortable shooting off their big bazoozs are never actually "white white" people?

by Anonymousreply 116January 20, 2018 3:57 AM

She could have just posted to the DL vent-and-no-reprisal thread!!

by Anonymousreply 117January 20, 2018 4:40 AM

Harley just sounds like a dumb cunt. A worthless young person who will only sully everything she comes near, never adding a damn thing. Fuck you, Harley. Go away.

by Anonymousreply 118January 20, 2018 6:36 AM

The thing about racism on DataLounge that I have noticed is that, yes, I read a lot of racist posts; however, I think that there are more people who are prompted to post by threads like this, because that are appalled by the racism expressed by the subject or in response to the subject. Which I am happy about.

by Anonymousreply 119January 20, 2018 11:23 AM

They were right to expel her for being such a cunt. It would have been wrong to have let her back on that campus when everyone knew she'd committed such a nasty act.

by Anonymousreply 120January 20, 2018 5:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!