Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"She's beautiful and she's nuts! What's not to love?"

The above quote came from the hand of a poster on the Sharon Stone thread.

Ever since I read it, I've been wondering, but not for the first time, why gay men love nutty women so much.

Can you answer this question for me?

I'm referring to real life AND characters in the movies.

ALSO - question # 2 - do you have any nutty/loopy women friends. How are they today?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2018 12:55 AM

isn't that Cate Blanchett?

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2018 11:36 PM

Cate Blanchett played a beautiful and nuts character in BLUE JASMINE, written by Woody Allen who himself is more than partial to beautiful and nuts women, and based on Blanche DuBois, who herself was beautiful and nuts and written by Tennessee William, who had a truckload of beautiful and nuts women in his ouevre.

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2018 11:51 PM

[quote], why gay men love nutty women so much.

They identify with them...and don't have to live with them?

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2018 11:52 PM

We don't know if Cate Blanchett is crazy. She could be very sensible.

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2018 12:08 AM

I posted it in reference to her character in Blue Jasmine, R4.

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2018 12:25 AM

I know, but her face is illustrating this thread. There are so many others who play crazy and ARE crazy.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2018 12:32 AM

Gay men love drama. Crazy people are dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2018 12:43 AM

who likes that bitch sharon stone????

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2018 12:45 AM

Beautiful women will always have men in tow no matter where they score on the nutt-ometer. Many men prefer a bugnuts woman because they believe the crazier the gal the wilder the ride. This is always entertaining to the gay men who don’t have a vested interest in getting into her panties.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2018 12:47 AM

They also believe the crazies liven up their boring lives. The manic pixie dream girl was a real trope because that's what the girl of a straight guy's dream is - wild, free, dances in the rain, fucks like a rabbit, without actually being a certifiable lunatic - and she chooses HIM to sprinkle her magic onto!

It's Angelina Jolie without the anorexia, drug addiction, intense narcissism and weird incest vibes.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2018 12:53 AM

Because they remind us of our mothers.

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2018 12:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!