Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Guuuuurrrrllllll...

Millennial brat channels Donald Trump and screeches back at Ashleigh Banfield

It's an unequivocal no from me. The way your colleague Ashleigh (?), someone I'm certain no one under the age of 45 has ever heard of, by the way, ripped into my source directly was one of the lowest, most despicable things I've ever seen in my entire life. Shame on her. Shame on HLN. Ashleigh could have "talked" to me. She could have "talked" to my editor or my publication. But instead, she targeted a 23-year-old woman in one of the most vulnerable moments of her life, someone she's never f------ met before, for a little attention. I hope the ratings were worth it! I hope the ~500 RTs on the single news write-up made that burgundy lipstick bad highlights second-wave feminist has-been feel really relevant for a little while. She DISGUSTS me, and I hope when she has more distance from the moment she has enough of a conscience left to feel remotely ashamed — doubt it, but still. Must be nice to piggyback off of the fact that another woman was brave enough to speak up and add another dimension to the societal conversation about sexual assault. Grace wouldn't know how that feels, because she struck out into this alone, because she's the bravest person I've ever met. I would NEVER go on your network. I would never even watch your network. No woman my age would ever watch your network. I will remember this for the rest of my career — I'm 22 and so far, not too shabby! And I will laugh the day you fold. If you could let Ashleigh know I said this, and that she is no-holds-barred the reason, it'd be a real treat for me.

Thanks, Katie

by Anonymousreply 53January 19, 2018 2:18 AM

Best tweet response to diatribe-scrawler Katie Way

"I remember my first beer"

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2018 11:33 PM

[quote]Guuuuurrrrllllll...

You forgot your gif. OP

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2018 11:36 PM

Katie Way is a blogger for "babedotnet" who wrote the tale of the creepy girl who went on a bad date with Aziz Ansari. Ashleigh Banfield called her out and this is how she responded - by making catty remarks about Banfield's lipstick and highlights

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2018 11:38 PM

Shocking. It's like she's trying to discredit the #metoo movement. Or embody everything people have been saying about how immature, intolerant, nasty and internet-damaged 20-somethings have become.

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2018 11:40 PM

Not to mention being a portrait of a terrible feminist via ageism and attacking another woman's make-up and hair. You really can't be this dumb. Can you?

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2018 11:44 PM

Ashleigh Banfield was a war correspondent in combat zones, and got axed for questioning US involvement in the Iraq War before it was fashionable to do so.

What has "Katie" ever done in her life?

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2018 11:47 PM

And now we know why the red wine comment was so important to the narrative...BOTH the accuser and the "journalist" are BAT.SHIT.CRAZY.

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2018 11:51 PM

Is it true this idiot has a job lined up at CBS? Surely this immaturity will stop that happening?

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2018 11:54 PM

I hope no one hires her for anything - ever. Career suicide.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2018 12:01 AM

It really is beginning to look like a hit piece on "grace's" behalf. I wonder if they knew each other beforehand.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2018 12:03 AM

22 year old Katie Way is known for such riveting news pieces such as "here's what your go to drunk food says about what kind of hoe you are" and "this is why you should at least try dating a cheater"

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2018 12:09 AM

Gross. Babe are putting themselves on for the success of the Aziz story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2018 12:14 AM

DON'T CLICK ON THAT LINK! They want the clicks.

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2018 12:20 AM

whoops.." putting themselves on" aka patting themselves on the back

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2018 12:20 AM

Her grammar is appalling for a writer.

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2018 12:28 AM

I hope Katie and Abby "Grace" careers are over forever

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2018 1:23 AM

Besides insulting a woman who literally got herself blacklisted for questioning the Iraq war, way before any other journalist dared to, Way has shown herself as unprofessional and narcissistic. If she really cared about Grace's story (and I can't help but wonder if Grace is in fact her) she would've politely declined, or maybe agree to debate Banfield, thus engaging in the conversation she started.

Way obviously that the reaction to her piece would be unanimous praise and accolades. Again, the narcissism of that assumption is ridiculous. She doesn't give a shit about victims, only about herself and her gigantic ego.

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2018 2:37 AM

Way is 22 years old. She doesn't know shit and needs to stfu

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2018 3:19 AM

[quote] What has "Katie" ever done in her life?

Gurrrrll!

"I will remember this for the rest of my career — I’m 22 and so far, not too shabby!"

She sounds like Adam Sandler playing a really stupid character

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2018 3:25 AM

R2 Challenge met. It has to be done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2018 3:26 AM

Big surprise

"Rupert Murdoch is one of their (babe.net) biggest investors.

In September 2017, conservative media mogul Rupert Murdoch’s company News Corp. invested £4.6 million ($6.3 million) in Babe’s parent company, Tab, making it a minority stakeholder. Emma Tucker, the deputy director of the Times of London, has joined Tab’s board of directors."

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2018 3:29 AM

Where did the diatribe appear, OP?

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2018 4:58 AM

It was an email she sent to Ashleigh Banfield’s producer at HLN. “Katie” had been invited to appear on the show and the email was her response. May all potential employers place it in a “Never Hire This Person” file.

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2018 5:04 AM

What a terrible person! God, I hate the youth of today. (Sorry to any young DLers, I guess I really mean the young women of today.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2018 5:13 AM

I am 21 and too many people in my age range are just like Katie and Abby. Sometimes I wish I were an eldergay .

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2018 5:20 AM

I have worked with a number of young women, SJWs even, and they’ve been wonderful - capable, knowledgeable, hard working, respectful, and friendly - not the stereotype at all. They’re not all like this.

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2018 5:26 AM

R24 Millennial here and Katie is a CUNT DELUXE!

Embarrassment to her generation!

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2018 7:15 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2018 7:46 AM

R28 all my WWs are saved for....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2018 7:56 AM

Abby and Katie (two childish sounding names) social media was/is all about the sexy selfie. Oh yeah, I should take you seriously when you're making duckface while throwing your hair over one shoulder because.......why? Ashleigh Banfield was an on air reporter at age 21 and was a weekend anchor at 22. No duckface. No sexy hair-tossing selfies and obsession with fashion. Banfield was instead brushing ashes out of her hair on 9/11 and criticizing America's unending wars, not reporting on drunk hoe food.

And fuck Samantha Bee.

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2018 9:32 PM

I agree with almost all of your post, R30, but what did Samantha Bee do?

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2018 9:41 PM

On her show she sided against Ansari with the typical black-white view her show is known for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2018 9:44 PM

Samantha Bee dissed Banfield, too.

Girls, here's some dating advice -- don't get naked in a guy's apartment if you don't want to have sex with him. I don't know why yo mama never addressed this, since it's one of the ways a woman can use to not have sex. Also, saying, "I don't want to have sex with you. I don't have sex with people I don't really know. "

Other strategies-- "If you want to have sex, sorry, I'm not up for it."

"I'm not about hookups."

"I'm just not that into you."

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2018 9:58 PM

[quote]don't get naked in a guy's apartment if you don't want to have sex with him.

I would add "Don't suck his dick."

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2018 10:00 PM

First things first, R34. You don't want to confuse these millennial girls. We need to start out slowly

by Anonymousreply 35January 18, 2018 10:04 PM

I cannot imagine her lasting more than 5 minutes at CBS. I she indeed even gets that far.

And fast-fading Rupert's investment is the best news. After all, he spent waaaay too much money buying the WSJ..........as the price of newspapers dropped. He spent a fortune on MySpace ! MYSPACE! The NY Post is a huge money loser, so this website should collapse soon enough, especially if they felt the desperate need to write the story linked at r12.

by Anonymousreply 36January 18, 2018 10:09 PM

She is unbelievable - what an entitled 22 year old CUNT! No wonder the article reeks of amateurism, it's because it is! It's written by some faux journalist who learned her trade writing trash clickbait for a trash magazine.

by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2018 10:12 PM

Also does she even know what HLN is? That she's just insulted CNN? Guess she won't be working there anytime soon. Good careers aren't built by burning bridges at the first opportunity. She had a clickbait article go viral. Great, now she's a Buzzfeed author.

She definitely has the right attitude to work at Fox News, though.

by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2018 10:20 PM

She got traffic moving on the site and they're not getting sued, so she'll probably be praised internally and thrive off the drama from now on. The birth of another extreme fringe "journalist" who pisses people off for clicks: think a repressed lez Hipster Ann Coulter, not that AC minds a SnackHoe

by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2018 10:21 PM

Modern bloggers, which is what she is, use clickbait and manufactured controversies to drive outrage and traffic. They take a side and sport an extreme position to move people to argue about it. I'm sure internally she's being praised at babe, which people hadn't heard of beforehand, an offshoot of some Buzzfeed wannabe parent company. And she's piggybacking on the #metoo moment to do it. She certainly seems righteous about it. This is the upcoming generation. You thought the millennials were bad!

by Anonymousreply 40January 18, 2018 10:26 PM

Hi Katie,

Don't let these bitches and queens get you down. Get in touch if you ever need job! You're my kinda girl.

XoXo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 18, 2018 10:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 18, 2018 10:31 PM

Has she gone to work for "them" yet?

by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2018 10:37 PM

Who's them?

by Anonymousreply 44January 18, 2018 10:41 PM

[quote] Has she gone to work for "them" yet?

Them Magazine welcomes all women. Even the ones without penises.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 18, 2018 10:44 PM

Ew! Kill it with fire!

by Anonymousreply 46January 18, 2018 10:49 PM

Merry has male pattern baldness.

by Anonymousreply 47January 18, 2018 11:06 PM

r47 are you sure her forehead isn't just growing and taking over her scalp?

by Anonymousreply 48January 18, 2018 11:07 PM

Babe Dot Net slogan is "for girls who don't give a fuck." Seems they give a lot of fucks - especially to celebs!

by Anonymousreply 49January 18, 2018 11:37 PM

R49 dissociative thoughts of themselves are hallmark of the Millennials and younger

by Anonymousreply 50January 18, 2018 11:39 PM

I already added this to another thread. But it's relevant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 18, 2018 11:41 PM

Tee hee!

Also who is the queen who's talking about "starting a conversation" and trying to translate the gobbledygook that babe supposedly intended with their Very Important Journamalism?

by Anonymousreply 52January 19, 2018 2:04 AM

"Google those places." Nice!

by Anonymousreply 53January 19, 2018 2:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!