Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Damned if you don't

I'll try to keep this streamlined for the purpose of demonstrating how #metoo +SJWs can affect a work place.

My brother is a partner in a law firm who several year ago hired an SJW type to oversee day to day operations to make certain no "embarrassing situations" happen in the firm, which included, and not limited to: no mention of holidays, no discussion of political topics, no off color jokes, puns or innuendos. (He was warned when he referred to having to go to his kids' Christmas pageant!)

A recent memo listed all of the inappropriate topics (what you call micro-aggressions) that should be avoided in essentially mixed company, which could be construed as sexual harassment or misogyny.

To my point: the head of the firm just sent out a memo basically saying, "Men quite avoiding women in the workplace! You must include them in any and all conversation!" with an article and note forwarded from the SJW that "exclusion is a form of bullying and will be reprimanded/fined."

This is apparently where we're headed: dictated interactions.

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2018 6:02 AM

And we deserve it since most people in the workplace act like children.

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2018 8:04 PM

How can you speak to women in the workplace, when you never know when your micro aggressions will be inadvertently revealed

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2018 8:05 PM

EST. I'm an attorney, and that's bullshit and not actionable.

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2018 8:07 PM

I hope all of the SJWs are made to live in this contrived, scripted hell of their own making. We do still have a 1st Amendment, btw.

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2018 8:11 PM

Nice fantasy. Never happened.

Next time at least put yourself in an "I was there" stance.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2018 8:13 PM

-10/10 This is worse writing than the average DL fantasy even

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2018 8:14 PM

sounds more like your nephew's law firm ,not your brother's

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2018 8:17 PM

R3 not sure if actionable or not, but I had to listen to him rage about it last weekend at dinner. He was all "This is all the liberals and Hillary's fault!" and other assorted bullshit in praise for Trump. I don't see how they can enforce it either, but I'm just reporting what I heard.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2018 8:18 PM

This whole elaborate scenario seems contradictory. Why would a conservative Republican argue that a company and its owners shouldn’t be able to have full control over what happens on their premises and on their dime? They don’t even believe that business should be told how to dump their waste or to whom they have to offer their services as a public accommodation.

OP, you should tell your snowflake brother to stop being triggered and start his own safe space firm if he doesn’t want to do as the people who sign his pay checks say.

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2018 10:20 PM

Not true.

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2018 10:22 PM

God its like the trolls aren't even trying anymore.

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2018 10:36 PM

Whether or not this little particular elaboration of sad travesty is true, cunts ARE a nuisance in the work place and cunts HAVE destroyed many successful work settings by their nonstop emotionalizing, back-biting, lazy, game-playing, sexualization and the general derangements that are inevitable qualities of these clot monsters.

Everything is an issue with them. They need constant attention. They create cliques and bully other women. They are immature and clueless about their lack of intelligence and performance quality. They have no ethics. And of course they cry before and after stabbing their work besties in the back.

Of course this sounds like an exaggeration and does not apply to all women in the workforce.

It only applies to about 95% of them.

by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2018 10:43 PM

The damned don’t cry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2018 10:46 PM

Agree R11, the quality of fake posts has shot way down.

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2018 10:47 PM

OP/R8, if this is what enrages your brother, you should avoid family gatherings.

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2018 10:48 PM

OP's post is what happens when you shit all over Bill and Ruth Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2018 11:08 PM

I work in the same firm as OP's brother and here's a copy of that memo:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2018 11:08 PM

[quote] My brother is a partner in a law firm who several year ago hired an SJW type to oversee day to day operations to make certain no "embarrassing situations" happen in the firm, which included, and not limited to: no mention of holidays, no discussion of political topics, no off color jokes, puns or innuendos. (He was warned when he referred to having to go to his kids' Christmas pageant!)

Your brother works for a bunch of fucking idiots. PERIOD. So no you aren't demonstrating how #metoo +SJWs can affect a work place.

You are probably making this whole thing up. If you aren't, you should tell your brother he needs to find another job. He's working for a bunch of fucking idiots

by Anonymousreply 18January 17, 2018 11:57 PM

[quote]Whether or not this little particular elaboration of sad travesty is true, cunts ARE a nuisance in the work place and cunts HAVE destroyed many successful work settings by their nonstop emotionalizing, back-biting, lazy, game-playing, sexualization and the general derangements that are inevitable qualities of these clot monsters.

You are so right. It's just a shame that men are such fucking failures that they can't afford to provide for their families and their wives have to work to help support their family. This wouldn't be happening if men weren't such losers. It also wouldn't be happening if men could just keep their fucking hands to their damned selves and stop trying to hook up with women they work with

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2018 12:02 AM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2018 12:05 AM

Fake News R17 no law firm ever refers to themselves as "the company"

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2018 12:43 AM

This never happened. I think it is the same person who has made up anecdotes in the past to make some inane point about "SJWs".

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2018 1:05 AM

I think its the same asshole posting this bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2018 1:10 AM

R21, fuck off asshole!

Or, as the company would have it: excuse me sir, please don't call me a liar.

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2018 1:19 AM

Assuming this is genuine, your brother sounds like a highly strung loser.

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2018 1:37 AM

"My brother is a partner in a law firm who several year ago hired an SJW type to oversee day to day operations to make certain no "embarrassing situations" happen in the firm, which included, and not limited to: no mention of holidays, "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2018 2:21 AM

[quote](He was warned when he referred to having to go to his kids' Christmas pageant!)

Im-fucking-possible! Fraus looove to talk about their crotchfruits' Xmas pageants, especially since they can take half a day off to attend the fucking things.

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2018 4:25 AM

R12: typical psychotic tranny

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2018 4:26 AM

This is the worst "This is why Trump won!!!1!" post we've ever had, and we've had some bad ones.

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2018 4:27 AM

Has Ginny in Billing commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2018 4:36 AM

OP - Why on earth would your brother hire a militant SJW? From a straight male perspective it makes no sense. Why would he want a ball buster who could potentially damage him personally, especially if he ever had to reprimand or fire her. Nonetheless, I guess he got what he wanted. No micro aggressions are going to slide past her!

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2018 4:54 AM

I've worked with more attorneys than I can count and can't imagine this happening. They are most often professional regardless of sex. Maybe an occasional bad seed, but this is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2018 6:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!