Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is there any famous Black woman that datalongue dies not hate or ridicule?

So far, you hate:

- Beyonce

- Oprah

- Janet Jackson

- Whitney Houston

- Naomi Campbell

by Anonymousreply 184October 18, 2018 4:10 PM

Michelle, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2018 7:38 PM

Patti & Aretha

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2018 7:40 PM

Kamal Harris

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2018 7:42 PM

Kamala* Harris

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2018 7:42 PM

M'kay. You do realize DL is an equal opportunity offender, right?

No one is protected from their scathing, catty take-downs.

The POINT of DL's existence, really.---"Pointless bitchery"

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2018 7:45 PM

You must be new here...

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2018 7:46 PM

Whoopi Goldberg

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2018 7:52 PM

Are you the same anger-filled one who posted this recent thread?...

"Viola Davis is Beautiful"

"But datalongue would never see it. I asked for names of beautiful Black women and you only named fucking light skinned biracials with straight hair. Sad"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2018 7:58 PM

[quote] Is there any famous Black woman that datalongue dies not hate

OP is too indignant to spell-check.

I love to read "datalongue" while lounging on my chaise-longue!

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2018 8:11 PM

Grace Jones

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2018 8:21 PM

Nell Carter

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2018 8:25 PM

Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2018 8:31 PM

That's a crazy list. Many of us adore Whitney and Oprah has her fans here too.

by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2018 8:32 PM

Shawn Mendes.

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2018 8:37 PM

"datalongue dies"

Freudian slip I'll bet....

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2018 8:40 PM

Omorosa

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2018 8:41 PM

Datalongue my friend

Don't you start away uneasy

by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2018 8:59 PM

We worship Leslie Uggums and Miss Diahnn Carroll.

by Anonymousreply 18January 17, 2018 9:20 PM

Miss Warwick, you need to take a look at this.

by Anonymousreply 19January 17, 2018 9:22 PM

Rebbie Jackson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 17, 2018 9:24 PM

Sheryl Lee Ralph is an honorary gay man.

by Anonymousreply 21January 17, 2018 9:25 PM

Is that why she married Anthony on [italic]Designing Women[/italic]?

by Anonymousreply 22January 17, 2018 9:27 PM

[quote] Sheryl Lee Ralph is an honorary gay man.

And what was I, chopped liver?

by Anonymousreply 23January 17, 2018 9:28 PM

Datalounge hates all women, except those ancient movie stars.

by Anonymousreply 24January 17, 2018 9:40 PM

Please r24. We don't discriminate. We hate all women and men, white, black or in between. Bitchery is our thing.

by Anonymousreply 25January 17, 2018 9:43 PM

OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 17, 2018 9:45 PM

R24.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 17, 2018 9:46 PM

R27 has a cute face.

by Anonymousreply 28January 17, 2018 9:47 PM

DL fave Tina Turner

Gwen Ifill, may God rest her soul

Miss Mary Wilson of the Supremes

by Anonymousreply 29January 17, 2018 9:55 PM

Beyoncé: Vegas back-up dancer made good

Oprah: full of herself, International Multimedia Windbag

Janet Jackson: marginally-talented singer/actress who exists only because of nepotism

Whitney Houston: famous trainwreck singer who traded her talent for whacky-cracky

Naomi Campbell: token-Negro model from the '90s

by Anonymousreply 30January 17, 2018 10:04 PM

* ahem*

by Anonymousreply 31January 17, 2018 10:36 PM

Rep. Maxine Waters is beloved for reclaiming her time and Joy Reid is a confirmed DL fave.

by Anonymousreply 32January 17, 2018 10:46 PM

R18, Leslie Uggums?? Seriously? First, it's UggAms. Second, you've never heard about the "Hucka da Bejeepers" incident which led to one of my all time favorite DL threads. I've attached the offending piece for your DL education. Finally, I will blame your errors on youth.

But, in DLs defense Miss Uggams faux pas was never laid at the feet of her race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 17, 2018 10:49 PM

Lupita.

by Anonymousreply 34January 17, 2018 10:51 PM

R30 Yet junkie whores like Marilyn Monroe and Judy Garland are sweet, tragic angels and talentless cut throats like Madonna are icons. There are a ton of white women as bad if not worse than women you insulted that are treated with kids gloves.

by Anonymousreply 35January 17, 2018 10:54 PM

Grace Jones, Tina Turner, Donna Summer (just go to a recent thread on her), Wanda Sykes, CCH Pounder, Octavia Spencer, just off the top of my head...

I have been here since 1998 or so and no First Lady has been as generally beloved here as Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 36January 17, 2018 10:59 PM

You see, the great secret, Eliza, is not a question of good manners or bad manners, or any particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls. The question is not whether I treat you rudely, but whether you've ever heard me treat anyone else better.

by Anonymousreply 37January 17, 2018 11:10 PM

Lupita is a phony whore,but she is rather beautiful. Nah,we hate her too.

by Anonymousreply 38January 17, 2018 11:19 PM

I declare the professor an honorary DLer, R37.

by Anonymousreply 39January 17, 2018 11:27 PM

You are flat out lying, R35.

ALL icons get their share of derision here. Please!

You have also chosen to ignore the many responses, just here in this thread, pointing toward women who have been generally viewed positively here. You obviously want to just keep grinding your tired axe about this non-issue.

by Anonymousreply 40January 17, 2018 11:30 PM

Out of the OP's list, I sometimes make shady comments about Janet Jackson, but that's because I'm a gay man, and I appreciate real talent (which I don't think she has). Otherwise, I think most of my favorite entertainers are black women. Please don't judge all of us just because the cunts on DL are so eager to spread their venom. Not all of us are cunts.

by Anonymousreply 41January 17, 2018 11:38 PM

No one is more famous than she is and she is above hate or ridicule. I LOVE HER and her pancakes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 17, 2018 11:46 PM

We eldergays love Pearlie Mae

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2018 12:00 AM

Winnie Mandela

by Anonymousreply 44January 18, 2018 12:01 AM

‘nuff said!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 18, 2018 12:04 AM

I remember that pretty much all Tina Turner threads on here that I've seen have been almost entirely positive. That's something that can be said for very few people in the history of DL.

Michelle Obama is loved by most posters on here as well.

by Anonymousreply 46January 18, 2018 12:55 AM

R46 That's funny. I dislike Tina almost as much as Ike. I'll have to make a negative thread about her

by Anonymousreply 47January 18, 2018 12:59 AM

Zara Cully

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 18, 2018 1:03 AM

Lol, R47.

by Anonymousreply 49January 18, 2018 1:04 AM

They hate and ridicule women too. What's your point, OP?

by Anonymousreply 50January 18, 2018 1:05 AM

The OP eats fried chicken and mashed potatoes with her fingers because she'd stab her eyes out trying to us a fork.

by Anonymousreply 51January 18, 2018 1:07 AM

I dies not hate famous Black woman, OP. Truely, I diesn't.

by Anonymousreply 52January 18, 2018 1:09 AM

good rule of thumb, anyone who capitalizes Black or White is a racist.

by Anonymousreply 53January 18, 2018 1:13 AM

Diana summers, gloria gaynor, diana ross etc. The once you posted are trash op.

by Anonymousreply 54January 18, 2018 1:14 AM

Sorry meant Donna summers.

by Anonymousreply 55January 18, 2018 1:15 AM

I didn't think we hated Whitney. We gossip about her and we talk about her hot mess family, but we don't hate on her. Far from it.

by Anonymousreply 56January 18, 2018 1:16 AM

I love Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 57January 18, 2018 1:16 AM

I think my hands have gone on strike tonight, so I'll try that sentence again: They hate and ridicule white women too. What's your point, OP?

by Anonymousreply 58January 18, 2018 1:17 AM

No...they hate Blacks here mostly. Some are KKK.

by Anonymousreply 59January 18, 2018 1:18 AM

R59 Any self respecting gay man(racist or not) wouldn't be caught dead in klan attire.

by Anonymousreply 60January 18, 2018 1:23 AM

R54 Diana Summers, an ICON.

by Anonymousreply 61January 18, 2018 1:23 AM

I love Oprah and Whitney

by Anonymousreply 62January 18, 2018 1:23 AM

Does anyone like Naomi?

by Anonymousreply 63January 18, 2018 1:24 AM

I love Oprah. But I do hate Naomi Campbell.

by Anonymousreply 64January 18, 2018 1:25 AM

Gladys Knight?

Chaka Khan?

Danielle Spencer?

by Anonymousreply 65January 18, 2018 1:31 AM

I love Whitney, too. I think the general sentiment in the threads about her is not hate or ridicule but the frustration about how she squandered magnificent talent.

by Anonymousreply 66January 18, 2018 1:32 AM

Dont lump me in. Love Naomi and Oprah. I don't hate Beyonce, I just dont listen to her music.

by Anonymousreply 67January 18, 2018 1:35 AM

R46,speak for yourself. I can't stand Michelle "let me and my two brats travel the world on the taxpayers dime" Obama.

by Anonymousreply 68January 18, 2018 1:37 AM

I don't hate Whitney, she just was incredibly stupid for hanging out with assholes, leeches and trashy people.

I find Oprah repulsive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 18, 2018 1:41 AM

R46 Tina is one of the few people, in general, who don't elicit scorn, other than an occasional Ike joke.

Although mentioning this will probably create a "I HATE Tina Turner Troll."

by Anonymousreply 70January 18, 2018 1:43 AM

Naomi was exquisitely beautiful in her day,but shes a cunt. Nobody like s a cunt. Nobody.

by Anonymousreply 71January 18, 2018 1:45 AM

R66 What the fuck did Judy Garland do then? Or Kurt Cobain? Not nearly enough talked about "squandered talents" for other certain others

by Anonymousreply 72January 18, 2018 1:51 AM

*talk

by Anonymousreply 73January 18, 2018 1:51 AM

R71 Speak for yourself

by Anonymousreply 74January 18, 2018 1:51 AM

I don't think anything bad has been said on DL about LaWanda Page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 18, 2018 2:12 AM

OP is a shit stirrer. DL doesn’t hate any of these women...

by Anonymousreply 76January 18, 2018 2:23 AM

The Obama daughters are really asking for it.

by Anonymousreply 77January 18, 2018 2:26 AM

We had quite a nice thread about Rosetta LeNoire awhile back and she was generally fondly thought of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 18, 2018 2:34 AM

Cissy - Kim Burrell - Whitney

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 18, 2018 3:14 AM

Jackée Harry (from 227 and Sister, Sister) seems to be a Datalounge favorite. And based on her behavior in this clip, I think Regina King would also be well-appreciated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 18, 2018 3:46 AM

R79 What fucking point are you trying to make? Her first set of hanger ons were her family members, why the fuck wouldn't she trust them? Most people don't expect their loved ones to use them. Others were made while she under the influence. I don't care if you're Albert Einstein, no one is a good judge of character under the influence. The other branch of religious people came because of her extreme faith. As someone who grew up going to a Baptist church multiple times a week, for hours on end, I understand why she trusted people like Kim Burrell. She felt they were her only hope for salvation. I'm sure she thought she could pray all of her problems away and that it was better than seeing a therapist or going to rehab. I know doctors, lawyers, accountants, etc. that think the same way.

I went through a period was I was very depressed and my parents feared I was even suicidal. Thankfully, they understood that I should see a therapist. But my mother also sat up praying with me every night and gave me bible scriptures to read. That's just what is done when any major problem needs to be faced.

The fact that so many members of my community(even perfectly rational people) tend to shun away therapy isn't something that I find amusing. It's sad. If she were raised under a different influence, she probably would have gotten much help sooner.

by Anonymousreply 81January 18, 2018 4:05 AM

Don't ever remember reading anything negative here about Vanessa Williams. Also, Hattie McDaniel from 'Gone With the Wind' seems pretty universally respected.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 18, 2018 5:06 AM

I Love Whitney and Oprah too. Sadly Whitney’s life only proves the Truism (due to the ignorance of the Baptist Church) “there is No such thing as a black lesbian. Not even a word for it. Lotsa gay men in the choir and heaven knows we wouldnt have any musical directors without them - but Hell to the NAH about that girl on girl stuff!”

by Anonymousreply 83January 18, 2018 5:39 AM

It's been awhile - I can't remember the level of respect she received.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 18, 2018 5:39 AM

The people posting love for oprah= fat cow house fraus.

by Anonymousreply 85January 18, 2018 6:10 AM

[quote]I understand why she trusted people like Kim Burrell. She felt they were her only hope for salvation.

Well they weren't. Whitney sure wasn't very bright, she dumped people like Robyn for hateful, religious homophobes like Burrell, hood trash Bobby Brown and Kartrashian fuckboy Ray J.

Grow up R81!

by Anonymousreply 86January 18, 2018 6:38 AM

"Viola Davis is Beautiful"

"But datalongue would never see it. I asked for names of beautiful Black women and you only named fucking light skinned biracials with straight hair. Sad"

SAD!

by Anonymousreply 87January 18, 2018 6:41 AM

Lupita Nyong'o is very beautiful, she's almost radiant!

by Anonymousreply 88January 18, 2018 6:58 AM

Ooh, good one r80. I love Jackée.

by Anonymousreply 89January 18, 2018 7:06 AM

R86 Grow up? It seems like you need to grow up and learn empathy or understanding. You're not very bright yourself if you can't use your critical thinking skills. What measure of intelligence of your using? There are multiple forms.

Some of the greatest minds in history have been religious. Whitney spent half of her childhood in side of a church. You don't just shrug something like that off. I already explained to it to you but you're choosing to be obtuse.

You have no idea what Robyn was like, she did drugs with Whitney too. According to many, she was just as controlling as Cissy and Bobby. Whitney needed to learn independence and self respect. She was never going to find someone who had her best interest in mind more than herself. I don't know why Robyn gets canonized as some great saint. There's still so much that no one knows about their relationship.

Whitney was a recovering addict when she was with Ray J, they're easy to manipulate when drugs are brought into the equation. That has nothing to do with intelligence.

Oh, I guess Tina Turner was an idiot too. As well as any person that ever married an abusive partner. Bobby isn't exactly a thug at first glance

by Anonymousreply 90January 18, 2018 7:14 AM

[quote]Some of the greatest minds in history have been religious.

R90, you are either hopelessly uneducated or terribly naive or irreversibly brainwashed.

by Anonymousreply 91January 18, 2018 9:22 AM

Is there any trans person, black person or woman that Datalounge doesn't hate?

by Anonymousreply 92January 18, 2018 10:12 AM

Aretha, Dionne, Ella, Sarah, Pearl, Dinah, Nina, Bessie, Billie, Chaka, Patti Labelle, Patti Austin, Betty Davis, Betty Wright, Bettye Swan, Doris Duke, Irma Thomas, Shirley Brown, Barbara Mason, Phyllis Hyman, Esther Phillips, Anita Baker, Marlena Shaw, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Minnie Riperton, Ann Peebles, Candi Staton, Deniece Williams, Denise LaSalle, Dorothy Moore ... I should stop there because I could go on for hundreds of names.

Basically the voice of an African American woman with no emotional inhibitions, a spirited relationship with her creator and food/drug issues is one of the finest fucking things on the planet.

I do not hate nor ridicule these women. I do not want to be these women because the whole head shake you go gurl thing is incredibly tiresome. I celebrate these women and my life would be infinitely more impoverished without them providing the soundtrack.

This is not even starting with the writers, politicians, actors etc whose work/philosophies I admire.

There is some genuinely good natured pointless bitchery on DL that hits my sweet spot. There's also a lot of divisive crap here that seems to come from the mean spirited and mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 93January 18, 2018 10:15 AM

OP what a silly TROLL you are.

There is no consensus on "Datalounge"

Lots of people like the ladies you've mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 94January 18, 2018 11:10 AM

Shirley Chisholm and Barbara Jordan. Of course, they are both dead and that makes it a little easier around here. But, only just a little.

by Anonymousreply 95January 18, 2018 11:21 AM

Everyone here ADORES this Black woman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96January 18, 2018 11:27 AM

Probably not. Is there anyone that DL doesn't hate or ridicule ?

by Anonymousreply 97January 18, 2018 11:30 AM

R47, why would you hate Tina Turner?? I honestly cannot think of anything that she has done that would invite criticism.

by Anonymousreply 98January 18, 2018 4:18 PM

Do we like this Dorothy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 18, 2018 4:43 PM

I don't think Whitney is hated at all. I find a lot of posters here respected her talent and her voice.

I think people here like Janet but JanBot just ruins it.

by Anonymousreply 100January 18, 2018 4:45 PM

[quote] No...they hate Blacks here mostly. Some are KKK.

They hate blacks and they really hate wealthy successful blacks. They demonize ordinary black people with antiquated stereotypes and they also demonize wealthy successful blacks with the same stereotypes. But the hatred for successful blacks is even more intense. How dare racial minorities achieve greater success than whites in this great white nation. If blacks do not succeed. They are demonized. If they do succeed they are judged as unqualified and unworthy beneficiaries of affirmative action. Because no black person could ever be equally as qualified as a white person, and they certainly could never be more qualified (Keeping mind that white women are the biggest beneficiaries of affirmative action). And the ultra successful wealthy blacks are taking what belongs to whites.

So then we pretend that Whitney Houston was the only entertainer who became addicted to cocaine in the 1980s. Admitted white cocaine, crack cocaine users like Charlie Sheen and Tom Hardy get a pass. They are still treated with a level of respect not afforded to Houston.

Dionne Warwick a college educated woman from a relatively middle class background, who has been wealthy for the majority of her adult life, is mocked, demeaned, and demonized with age old stereotypes.

You may say that Datalounge goes after everyone. However, even if you believe that to be true; Datalounge does not go after everyone in the same manner.

by Anonymousreply 101January 18, 2018 5:22 PM

OP, DL hates most women. It's not limited to black women.

That being said, most DL queens were suburbanite baby gays. They see race in a outdated Benetton 80s way and, like their 1950s/1960s mothers, can't be counted on for depth on this topic.

by Anonymousreply 102January 18, 2018 5:24 PM

R101

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 103January 18, 2018 5:25 PM

[quote] Dionne Warwick a college educated woman from a relatively middle class background, who has been wealthy for the majority of her adult life, is mocked, demeaned, and demonized with age old stereotypes.

The humorous threads here are in exactly the same fucking vein as the Got2BReal web series, a series created by a YOUNG BLACK WOMAN.

I do deeply appreciate the general point you're making, and Dog knows, there are plenty of hateful, close minded queens on this site, but also? Not everything is meant to keep a brother/sister down.

by Anonymousreply 104January 18, 2018 5:29 PM

[quote] OP, DL hates most women. It's not limited to black women

No its not limited to black women, but the hatred for black women is what this thread is actually about.

[quote] The humorous threads here are in exactly the same fucking vein as the Got2BReal web series, a series created by a YOUNG BLACK WOMAN.

Humorous? That's debatable. As is what "fucking vein" they are in. Regardless of who created the Got2BReal web series; it can also be perceived as disrespectful and demeaning, capitalizing on stereotypes. Although lets be honest a black woman is obviously granted a little more leeway. Just as gay men are granted more leeway, when talking about gays. There are certain things that gay men can say about gay men, that straights cannot. And many people will still take offense to it, regardless of the messenger and rightfully so.

by Anonymousreply 105January 18, 2018 5:40 PM

R98 I'm sure this wouldn't bother the person on average datalongue but she's very rude and gives off a self hating vibe. She's said some other questionable things about Black people in a rollingstone interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 18, 2018 10:04 PM

R104 The threads here are much harsher. You can tell the creator of those videos actually respect the women in question. It's very light hearted. There are things said on here that would never be said in those videos.

by Anonymousreply 107January 18, 2018 10:06 PM

R101 has an unhealthy victim complex.

by Anonymousreply 108January 18, 2018 10:14 PM

R106 Tina also said in 1986 Rollingstone interview that she always wanted to be White and that she only liked White and lightskinned men. She had no problem performing in South Africa during Apartheid. I think she was the only high profile Black entertainer to do so. She also said in a 2000 interview that she didn't mind getting called ni***r in the past. She's lame

by Anonymousreply 109January 18, 2018 10:18 PM

As a white boy, I have always found women of color breathtaking. The beautiful skin color, some with a gold undertone, the cheekbones and facial structure. Beauty and much talent in many, many black actresses. Looking back, check the acting chops of Beah Richards. Hattie McDaniel. The incredible lady with Lana Turner in the movie where she played the maid, sorry I forget her name, she stole that movie! Tara on True Blood, CCH Pounder, Donna Summer, all of the Supremes, both women on the new series 911, love them. Halle, although her acting is subpar, but she is beautiful. Whitney was not beautiful, and I disliked her screaming, although many like her. Jennifer is gorgeous since the weight loss and can she sing! I have always liked Mariah. Gayle, Oprah, Michelle are not pretty but are elegant. I think the neighbor on the Jefferson's and Ja net D U Bose (damn auto correct) were gorgeous and I love Ja net voice. So many others, I can't remember them all.

by Anonymousreply 110January 18, 2018 10:31 PM

R110 Whitney Houston not beauitiful but Jennifer Hudson is? Whitney Houston is a screamer but Jennifer Hudson is not? You must have your Black women confused. Fucking troll

by Anonymousreply 111January 18, 2018 10:38 PM

R111 tone deaf cunt

by Anonymousreply 112January 19, 2018 2:53 AM

Agree r109. Tina Turner sucks. She's a Frau's idea of a strong, empowered woman.

by Anonymousreply 113January 19, 2018 4:55 AM

R112 You're a troll or you're never heard Whitney or seen Whitney's face. Jennifer Hudson is a soulless screamer with restraint.

This is a dog face?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114January 19, 2018 7:24 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 19, 2018 7:25 AM

What?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 19, 2018 7:31 AM

Jennifer Hudson is only know for that song I am telling you were she screams and shouts the entire time.

This is not screaming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117January 19, 2018 7:33 AM

Ella Fitzgerald was pretty much beloved.

by Anonymousreply 118January 19, 2018 7:36 AM

R118 Ah yes. She's white America's favorite type of Black woman. She was from humble beginnings, unattractive, fat, jolly, of average or low intelligence, and unassuming with a near pristine personal life. It also helps that she never had a large amount of wealth. Break any of those rules and you might as well be the scum of the earth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119January 19, 2018 7:40 AM

^^^ It didn’t hurt that she had tons of talent and a great singing voice.

by Anonymousreply 120January 19, 2018 7:43 AM

It doesn't matter who you are or what gender or race you are, there is someone on DL who hates you.

by Anonymousreply 121January 19, 2018 9:51 AM

Sorry hunty Whitney was ugly. Soft lighting and styled hair don't take away from the fact she looked hard and street. And I cringe at I will always love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, screech screaming.

Jennifer has a cute, sweet face, even when she was heavy. Her powerful voice is much easier to listen to. Simple fact, she had more talent.

Stop posting stylized Whitney pictures. Nobody looks at them.

Plus how stupid was Whitney having the world her oyster and getting into drugs?

by Anonymousreply 122January 19, 2018 1:27 PM

[quote]Whitney was not beautiful, and I disliked her screaming, although many like her.

You were doing fine until this line. Now you've outed yourself as not only delusional but, judging by your faves, you are probably the troll that thinks that Whitney stole the career Donna Summer should have had.

Whitney Houston was not only objectively beautiful, she had a successful modelling career before she got her recording contract (the first black model on the cover of Seventeen magazine cannot be called ugly), but her voice is now considered probably the most beautiful of the recording era.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123January 19, 2018 2:16 PM

Another picture of the hideously ugly Whitney

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124January 19, 2018 2:17 PM

More Whitney

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125January 19, 2018 2:21 PM

Yearbook picture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 19, 2018 2:24 PM

Red dress

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 19, 2018 2:25 PM

1985 Whitney

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128January 19, 2018 2:26 PM

Older, edgier, R&B Whitney in 2000

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 19, 2018 2:27 PM

Is there any famous person that datalounge dies not hate or ridicule?

and where the hell is that "oh Dear" bitch that catches everyone one of my spelling errors but gives this a pass.

datalongue, really

by Anonymousreply 130January 19, 2018 3:21 PM

R122 That's one song. Jennifer screams like a Billy goat in all of hers and her voice is in no way easy to listen to

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131January 19, 2018 8:01 PM

Good god, what a sad thread that results in a few posters putting down Tina Turner. Trolls, I'm sure, but still.

In all seriousness, who doesn't admire (if not love ) Tina Turner?

by Anonymousreply 132January 19, 2018 8:41 PM

Chill out SJWs and intersectional feminists; Datalongue hates gay men more than anything else. Yes, even more than black women and Caitlyn.

by Anonymousreply 133January 19, 2018 9:48 PM

R133 Ghetto bitches? You're probably dumb white trash. How's the AIDS going for you? As far as appropriating, you probably get everything from black gay males. Asshole

by Anonymousreply 134January 19, 2018 10:29 PM

Hunty accept it, Whitney looked like a street thug and her singing is horrible. If you like her singing, you know nothing about music. Model schmodel. That gross hideous ugly Kissee Teagreen is a model, laughable as that is. Nope, Jennifer IS far superior to Whitney. And Donna Summer is the greatest female voice of the last half of the twentieth century.

Are Whitney's mother?

by Anonymousreply 135January 19, 2018 11:17 PM

R134 if I did have AIDS I probably got it from a gay black male. Shouldn’t you be at Lipstick Alley with all the other ghetto black bitches, Cha’nelle?

by Anonymousreply 136January 20, 2018 12:13 AM

R135 Oh a Donna Summer troll. Still bitter are we? Street thugs are stunningly beautiful now

by Anonymousreply 137January 20, 2018 12:16 AM

R137 Shouldn't you be getting treatment for your meth addiction? Don't forget to take your medication you disease ridden piece of shit. I'd kill myself if I was your parent

by Anonymousreply 138January 20, 2018 12:18 AM

Y’all arguing about who was prettier, Whitney or Jennifer I’ll settle it for you. All the women in this thread look alike. All blacks do.

by Anonymousreply 139January 20, 2018 12:22 AM

Most importantly, Whitney Houston appeared on "As The World Turns" with Jermaine Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 140January 20, 2018 12:27 AM

Girls!, girls!, you’re both ghetto

by Anonymousreply 141January 20, 2018 12:58 AM

Tina Turner's comments here crack me up. Well good for her she's a relative recluse in private Switzerland. American celebrities would rip her to shreds nowadays for her non-pc loose talk.

by Anonymousreply 142January 20, 2018 1:55 PM

She must have done a lot of drugs, her upper teeth were all replaced and her lower ones were terribly yellow. She also had a hole in her nose from snorting coke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143February 6, 2018 3:08 AM

[quote]Is there any Black person that datalongue dies not hate or ridicule?

FIFY.

by Anonymousreply 144February 6, 2018 3:31 AM

Thanks for the gorgeous Whitney photos! But no thanks to the Baptist “there are no good AA Lesbians cause Robyn made Whitney a drug addict! “ asshole. Show me someone in the 80’s & 90’s that wasnt doing drugs. Oh yeah mostly not Robyn because she was busy busting hoops with her Lesbian GF ball players in Whitney’s backyard. Sports not drugs. Drugs were the province of the Houston men.

by Anonymousreply 145February 6, 2018 3:48 AM

[quote]Is there any famous person that datalongue dies not hate or ridicule?

FTFY

The fact that you only care/notice when it happens to a black woman says more about you than it does about DL.

by Anonymousreply 146February 6, 2018 3:48 AM

So far they have left Natalie Cole alone. They tend to leave Whitney alone, except for the Streisand/Garland lunatics. Other Diva fans of white singers are largely respectful.

Dont forget a lot of racist GOP trolls, and Bots frequent DL. Also Milo (fucked up racist breitbart loser) posted in here for years and is probably back since he has been cut out of publishing and also the Mercers Piggy Trough. He is really an awful race baiter.

by Anonymousreply 147February 6, 2018 4:11 AM

Debra Wilson!

by Anonymousreply 148October 17, 2018 4:32 PM

The only people DL loves is hetero white men who they think are so artsy and open minded that they'll throw them a sympathy fuck. Its sad.

by Anonymousreply 149October 17, 2018 4:57 PM

This thread is really pathetic.

The state of race relations has gone straight to hell. I don't put all the blame on Trump either. I cannot imagine going to a predominately black blog/board and scolding the regulars for not having more love and respect for white performers. That would be absurd.

Doe OP even have a room temp IQ?

by Anonymousreply 150October 17, 2018 5:05 PM

I don't hate any of the ladies mentioned. I ridicule some of them, but then, this is DL, and everyone if fair game for ridicule.

by Anonymousreply 151October 17, 2018 5:12 PM

KIM FIELDS

RALPH CARTER

JENNIFER HOLLIDAY

RUPAUL

BARBARA JORDAN

MAXINE WATERS

by Anonymousreply 152October 17, 2018 5:17 PM

I love Whitney, respect Oprah, like a lot of Janet songs. Beyonce's fine, but she's SO overpraised. That's my only issue with her. Which, technically, isn't really her fault.

As others have said, Michelle, Tina, Wanda, Octavia, Angela Basset, and tons of others are universally beloved here.

by Anonymousreply 153October 17, 2018 6:51 PM

People don't hate Whitney Houston, they were just frustrated with how stupid she was.

by Anonymousreply 154October 17, 2018 7:24 PM

We love Aunt Jemima, Rosa Parks, and Harriett Tubman. Did Elizabeth Warren claim black blood too?

Oprah is tired, Gayle rides on her coattails. Lupits is a fame whore who will attend the opening of a new Subway franchise if someone is there with a camera. Winnie Mandela is a murderess. Agree with earlier poster about Michelle -- wose than the Clintons when it comes to money. Sad that she is selling herself to highest bidders to attend her book signings, while the poorest were the ones who voted her husband in. They turned their backs on poor and middle class blacks. Only hang out with blacks if they are rich AND famous.

We make fun of (mostly) whites, so keep the racism accusations away.

by Anonymousreply 155October 17, 2018 7:58 PM

Shonda Rhimes, Ruth Negga, Esther Rolle, Coco Taylor, Billie Holiday, Tiffany Haddish, Queen Latifa, Kerry Washington, Aja Naomi King, Iman, Grace Jones, Chaka Khan

by Anonymousreply 156October 17, 2018 8:04 PM

Is Taraji P. Henson ridiculed here? I don't believe I have sen those threads.

by Anonymousreply 157October 17, 2018 8:10 PM

or Rashida Jones for that matter...

by Anonymousreply 158October 17, 2018 8:12 PM

R30 "There are a ton of white women as bad if not worse than women you insulted that are treated with kids gloves..." Don't you worry , I'll make sure those kids get their gloves back!

Oh, and Miss Lena Horne and Miss Eartha Kitt are treasured here.

by Anonymousreply 159October 17, 2018 8:30 PM

Mrs. Butterworth!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160October 17, 2018 8:43 PM

Whitney Houston was absolutely beautiful. Near perfect symmetrical face with delicate features. She just was bald headed, thats alll, which doesnt matter since all female entertainers wear weaves. That crack really aged her, even though she was still highly attractive. I find her death to be even more tragic than MJ and Prince.

by Anonymousreply 161October 17, 2018 9:01 PM

Dame Shirley Bassey!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 17, 2018 9:10 PM

Then there's DR. Maya Angelou. Can't forget HER.

DL loves Shirley Chisholm.

by Anonymousreply 163October 17, 2018 9:10 PM

Condoleeza Rice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 17, 2018 9:17 PM

Helen Folasade Adu

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165October 17, 2018 9:21 PM

Big Mama

by Anonymousreply 166October 17, 2018 9:21 PM

White people just LOVE some Tina Tuner. Blacks by and large have never been impressed with her. Her voice is guttural.

by Anonymousreply 167October 17, 2018 9:30 PM

We don't want you R167. Bye Felicia!

by Anonymousreply 168October 17, 2018 10:10 PM

Does LaVerne and her Cox count?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169October 18, 2018 3:50 AM

The DL seems to love all of the born again Christian black women who leap into the laps of Pat Robertson & other social conservatives at the drop of a hat. The DL doesn't like it when you point out these things & you will get attacked for slighting these "icons".

This list includes = repub loving Chaka Kahn, Natalie Cole, Gloria Gaynor, Patti Labelle, Carol Channing, Deniece Williams, Marilyn McCoo, Anita Baker, Cece Winans, Donna Summer, Cissy Houston, Oleta Adams, Candi Staton, Fantasia, Dawnn Lewis, Kim Fields, Chip Fields, Sherri Sheppard, Tia & Tamera Mowry & last & certainly least is wannabe singer/actress Vanity from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show".

Shirley Bassey (who hasn't appeared with any anti- gay social conservatives that I'm aware of) has been called out for being anti-gay in more than one blind item over the years.

Ronald Reagan (who certainly created the mold for the most anti-gay administration before w & depraved donald got their small hands on it) was beloved by Eartha Kitt & could do no wrong in her eyes. She was/is supposedly a gay icon but could've cared less about the treatment of AIDS patients & the LGBT community during his reign of terror.

Many black female celebs have only used us for their fame/fortune goals & then have been all too willing to throw us under whatever bus that came along.

That's probably where all the disgust & ridicule comes from OP.

by Anonymousreply 170October 18, 2018 5:22 AM

We don't really hate Janet Jackson. We just hate JanBot.

by Anonymousreply 171October 18, 2018 6:27 AM

I am of the opinion that Whitney was a beauty in the 80s. However, she slipped into the "pretty" category around the time of her marriage to BB, and then into the attractive area around the time of her disastrous reality show(which I LOVED.)

At the end she had lost it all. The state of her mouth/teeth was tragic.

by Anonymousreply 172October 18, 2018 7:21 AM

Cameroon First Lady: Chantal Biya Tranny Fabulous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173October 18, 2018 7:36 AM

Say what you want about Beyoncé. The girl dances in them heels hard. How about you Beyoncé hating bitches try this move below in six-inch heels without falling over or spraning your ankles . Do IT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174October 18, 2018 7:51 AM

Why is Diana Summers a DL ICON.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 18, 2018 7:51 AM

* A-hem *

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176October 18, 2018 7:58 AM

R174, there are a lot of dance groups with men dancing in higher heels than Beyoncé, and doing more moves, which puts her to shame. Check out these dance groups on YouTube. She doesn’t impress.

by Anonymousreply 177October 18, 2018 8:34 AM

It's Milo Yiannopolous.

He is a misogynist and racist troll, so he's always attacking black women on Datalounge anonymously.

We have him to thank for 50% of the bigoted trolling, tranny cyberstalking and conservative propaganda that has flooded Datalounge in recent years, I'd guess.

The dirty Russian money will never run out -- he'll always have a job as one of the minimum-wage Conserva-trolls from Russia, even if he doesn't get their dirty money through the Mercers anymore.

Just F/F his threads.

The ones harping against "The Left" are dead giveaways as Milo.

by Anonymousreply 178October 18, 2018 10:02 AM

EARTHA KITT IS DATA LOUNGE'S SPIRIT ANIMAL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179October 18, 2018 11:14 AM

R178 Someone here is just a little bit paranoid! If you think that Milo is spending his time trolling DL, well then you likely believe that must of us with dissenting opinions from the bulk of DL are Russians paid to get under the skin of a handful of elderly gay men and their hags.

Sweetie: DL is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and I wouldn't trade my experiences here for the world; but it you think we have any importance in the greater world view you are sadly mistaken. Milo may have taken a BIG fall, but it wasn't THAT big.

Oh, and before some lame-o posts a predictable, "Hi Milo!" to me, please ignore-dar me and judge for yourself. I doubt that Milo would have any interest or reason to be chatting about heating pads, wintering in St. Pete, Kenan on SNL, Kellen Winslow or what you would do differently if you could go back to 20 years old again.

Data Lounge, like almost every entity in the US has become much more open about their negative feelings about other races of people in the part 2 years. This phenomenon is happening everywhere. It sure as hell has happened to me. I feel completely freed to speak my mind---no longer shackled to the artificial restraints of the PC years.

The truth is, Data Lounge likes black women as much as they do white women, which is to say not much.

by Anonymousreply 180October 18, 2018 12:56 PM

Nobody here hated Jane Jacket until retard JABBA lost her shit and well, you know the rest.

by Anonymousreply 181October 18, 2018 1:14 PM

I loved Eartha Kitt in 'Good Times'

by Anonymousreply 182October 18, 2018 1:52 PM

Scarlett Johansson

by Anonymousreply 183October 18, 2018 4:07 PM

What a stupid, shit-stirring, troll thread this is...

by Anonymousreply 184October 18, 2018 4:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!