Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Vistaprint Sends Gay Couple Anti-Gay Pamphlets

Two men who ordered programs for their September wedding from Vistaprint but instead received a boxful of anti-gay pamphlets warning, “Satan entices your flesh with evil desires,”

They have filed a lawsuit claiming breach of contract and emotional pain.

“This was by far the most direct, personal, and aggressive act of homophobia either of us has experienced to date,” they added, regarding the shipment of homophobic pamphlets, which the couple received on the eve of their ceremony and a party for 100 guests.

When contacted by Yahoo Lifestyle, Vistaprint spokesperson Sara Nash offered the following response: “Vistaprint would never discriminate against customers for their sexual orientation. We pride ourselves on being a company that celebrates diversity and enables customers all over the world to customize products for their special events. We have just been made aware of this incident in the last few hours. We understand how upsetting it would be for anyone to receive materials such as these the night before their wedding and we have immediately launched an internal investigation. Until we have had the opportunity to complete our investigation, we cannot comment further.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 19, 2018 8:19 PM

Who buys their wedding invitations from VISTAPRINT?!

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2018 7:13 PM

Well, once again I have no regrets not using my Yahoo account, or reading Yahoo News, or, ever reading, and responding to the comments section. It's like the print version of Fox News.

There were some valid points brought up questioning the validity of what occurred here, but, for the most part, what a bunch of fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2018 7:15 PM

R1 - Read the story again, and come back acknowledging your lack of comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2018 7:17 PM

Their printing is mostly done offshore, like the Philippines or India. My guess, if this story is true, is that some fundie worker during the production process took offense to the same-sex wedding invites and replaced them with his/her religious propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2018 7:39 PM

Goyism must die. It's not a question of if, but when and how.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2018 7:52 PM

Yeah... Tacky, R1

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2018 7:54 PM

They ordered programs, not invitations…

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2018 8:09 PM

R7 My mistake. I rescind my accusations of tackiness.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2018 8:17 PM

Those two queens better toughen up.

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2018 10:46 PM

This story makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2018 10:56 PM

This is utterly horrendous in 2018.

But only Muslims hate gays!!!

by Anonymousreply 11January 19, 2018 2:35 AM

[quote]Muslims also hate gays!!!

Corrected.

by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2018 2:44 AM

Anyways, am I supposed to hate these fags or believe them are making this up? This is Datalounge and I want to fit in.

by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2018 2:45 AM

Just another example of shithead people going to the media before the company to complain and attention-whore. They know goddamn good and well the CEO of VistaPrint didn't order this to be done. It was obviously some trash on the conveyor belt. They probably could of got a nice little payout from VP. I guess we'll wait for the Emotional Trauma GoFundMe account to be setup. Ridiculous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 19, 2018 3:04 AM

R14, the CEO and the company are COMPLETELY responsible for this. The buck stops with them.

If your employees (or those you contract to) can do this egregious thing, fuck the company.

This SHOULD be public so everyone can see plainly the nastiness gays have to deal with on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 15January 19, 2018 4:08 AM

R14, what do you expect going first to the CEO will do?

Here's another corrected set of programs way after your wedding and $20 to put towards your next order.

by Anonymousreply 16January 19, 2018 4:10 AM

There needs to be a very public and loud mea culpa from the company.

This would be a national scandal is it had done something against a black, interracial, Jewish, Muslim, etc couple.

It only gets muted outrage because shit against gays doesn't matter so much.

by Anonymousreply 17January 19, 2018 4:12 AM

PUBLICLY SHAME THIS COMPANY.

The company needs to fire the entire group that it outsources to.

by Anonymousreply 18January 19, 2018 4:13 AM

[quote]Vistaprint would never discriminate against customers for their sexual orientation. We pride ourselves on being a company that celebrates diversity and enables customers all over the world to customize products for their special events. We have just been made aware of this incident in the last few hours. We understand how upsetting it would be for anyone to receive materials such as these the night before their wedding and we have immediately launched an internal investigation. Until we have had the opportunity to complete our investigation, we cannot comment further.”

Would Vistaprint have dared to release such a lukewarm statement if the couple were anything but gay?

Vistaprint would never discriminate? IT JUST FUCKING DID!

by Anonymousreply 19January 19, 2018 4:15 AM

No sale, R15. It is the CEO's responsibility, let him handle it first and see how honorable he is with you. If you are treated badly, THEN you go public. People in charge should be given a chance to rectify the wrongdoing to your satisfaction. R14 is right.

by Anonymousreply 20January 19, 2018 4:16 AM

So pathetic to read the Yahoo comments: they range from "It's fake" to "how dare they call a lawyer before they call the CEO of Vistaprint" to "The materials were meant for someone else; it must be a mix-up" to "Just because it talks about sin doesn't mean it's about being gay."

The underlying theme to all the comments really is, "If the company really did send this, it's awful. Let's pretend there's no such thing as homophobia and make up another excuse."

by Anonymousreply 21January 19, 2018 4:21 AM

I'll tell you why they called a lawyer.

It likely completely and irreparably ruined their wedding. What the fuck do they expect the CEO of Vistaprint to do? Plus, how do you even contact the CEO? Send an email that will never get answered?

Maybe they could have just contacted Customer Service. What would you say? Oh, you all sent me satanic pamphlets instead of my wedding programs.

Suing Vistaprint will make it stand up straight because now it has to answer to the entire world.

by Anonymousreply 22January 19, 2018 4:24 AM

Who orders programs to arrive the EVE of the wedding ceremony? What if there was a delay? Were they procrastinators?

by Anonymousreply 23January 19, 2018 4:37 AM

I'm sorry, but this whole story seems fake. Do you think that ANYONE at VP even reads or sees what they print? Of course not. It is sent and printed using digital data, and it is highly unlikely that anyone took the time to read what their program said. Do you think the guys at Kinkos read what they're xeroxing? I don't believe this story for one second.

by Anonymousreply 24January 19, 2018 4:58 AM

R17 that's because this is a white male couple. White queens are always complaining about something.

by Anonymousreply 25January 19, 2018 5:05 AM

They were afraid and disgusted by the pamphlets,but not that cheesy ass ceremony in some cow pasture ? Hay bales to sit on? Really ? And dont get me started on the flowers!

by Anonymousreply 26January 19, 2018 5:27 AM

There's going to be at least one person on the line looking at the order to confirm it's being sent to the right place, r24. No print job is so automated that there are no humans involved.

And there's not much chance of anti gay literature going to a gay couple on accident. The odds of that being a coincidence are vanishingly small.

by Anonymousreply 27January 19, 2018 7:19 PM

Yes, let's blame the victims for ordering the programs so close to the event

by Anonymousreply 28January 19, 2018 7:52 PM

And how do we know they didn't try to contact the CEO first?

Have you ever tried to contact a CEO? The companies don't make it easy

by Anonymousreply 29January 19, 2018 7:53 PM

What the hell is this crap about contacting the CEO first? Is that something complaining *gay people* are supposed to do instead of going public about homophobia?

by Anonymousreply 30January 19, 2018 7:58 PM

Battle Ready seems to be a catholic entity. if you read the actual pamphlet,there isnt any references to homosexuality,just sin in general. I think it genuinely was a mistake,but from that sad ass wedding its obvious these bitches need a buck or two. More importantly,wich one is the bottom ?

by Anonymousreply 31January 19, 2018 8:17 PM

[quote]And there's not much chance of anti gay literature going to a gay couple on accident. The odds of that being a coincidence are vanishingly small.

Unless they sent the religious literate to themselves as scam. And that's pretty much the only plausible explanation here. The details of this story don't add up.

by Anonymousreply 32January 19, 2018 8:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!