Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends, what do we think of Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham’s $22 million abode on the market?

Looks dull to me. Like his music. He should have let Stevie Nicks drape some of her gypsy scarves over the lamps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2018 12:02 PM

Too much white.

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2018 6:49 PM

where ? LA? overpriced.

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2018 6:50 PM

It's actually the first house I've seen where I could move right in. I love the furniture, although the animal rugs have to go. It is beautiful. I don't think this is his decor, though. It looks too staged, and someone like him would have guitars and music stuff all over the house. I didn't see anything. There is also no studio or writing rooms, so my guess is this house was an investment, and he probably never lived here.

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2018 6:51 PM

Frankly, It is gorgeous. What is not to love? I agree with the too white statement above, but I would likely only bring color in with art and furniture. Depending on the views and the location, $22 M is NOT overpriced for that section of Los Angeles - particularly for a home of this size and finish-out. Brentwood has always been swanky for good reason - the breathtaking hillside views of the ocean and easy access to the best parts of the city (without being way the Hell out of the way like Malibu). (Easy access to all of the best food and shopping that the city had to offer as well)

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2018 6:57 PM

"He should have let Stevie Nicks drape some of her gypsy scarves over the lamps."

He should have kicked her in the cunt bone.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2018 7:04 PM

WAY too much white for me. Otherwise, nice.

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2018 7:06 PM

Too much house to clean!

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2018 7:18 PM

Realtor's write up states it was built new over a four year period so I'm guessing it was a tear down/re-build investment deal for him. Doubt he lived here. Brentwood property prices have gone through the roof in recent years so he'll probably make a decent profit.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2018 7:23 PM

I know brass fixtures are trendy again but I don't like them, especially mixed with gray in the bathroom. Very ugly. It's a nice house but nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2018 7:27 PM

Brentwood is a beautiful neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2018 7:29 PM

[QUOTE]Too much house to clean!

When you have $23M to spend on a house, you don’t clean anything.

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2018 7:29 PM

The epitome of generic. It was designed and furnished by a decorator. It has all the personally of a hotel lobby.

by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2018 7:32 PM

When you build your house

I'll come by.....

by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2018 7:43 PM

Lindsey's wife, Kristen Messner, is a successful interior designer and I believe they share an interest in architecture and real-estate. They built this on spec, which explains why it's on the generic side - it needs to appeal to the broadest possible range of tastes within its context (meaning no scarves or Tiffany lamps - sorry, Stevie). Their own home was designed in the style of famous SoCal architect Wallace Neff.

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2018 8:00 PM

Someone who struggles with depression, obviously. Either that or they painted it white for sale

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2018 8:00 PM

Lindsey has an enormous endowment

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2018 8:03 PM

It has the one thing I hate about McMansions. Garages on the side of the front door. Yeah, most of us have to have that in our homes but I don't have 23 million. And for 23 million a garage situated there looks tacky.

by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2018 8:12 PM

[R17] Understood but it probably has something to do with the size and shape of the lot.

by Anonymousreply 18January 17, 2018 8:22 PM

What is that funny small room with the tiny fridge, microwave and a laundry basket? I cannot figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 19January 17, 2018 8:49 PM

Tasteful and dull. Looks like a high end hotel, not a home.

by Anonymousreply 20January 17, 2018 8:58 PM

Stevie Nicks kicked my daughter in the vagina bone!

by Anonymousreply 21January 17, 2018 9:52 PM

They appear to have a phobia of window treatments.

by Anonymousreply 22January 17, 2018 11:48 PM

Positively modest for a new build in LA.

by Anonymousreply 23January 17, 2018 11:54 PM

Nice house but not worth $23M, If a celebrity name was not attached to it it would sell for $11-12M.

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2018 9:43 AM

It’s lovely and a class act . What a ridiculous price tag , but that’s due to the location . Same home in many other places would be 5-10 mill . You couldn’t pay me to ever live in LA again , though . Even in a 23 million dollar home . After ten years , the traffic there made me borderline suicidal !

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2018 10:26 AM

We discussed this house last year.

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2018 10:55 AM

r19, I am guessing that you are referring to the pool house that you can see off to the back of the property in several of the photos. That's why there are towels in the cabinets.

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2018 12:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!