Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My feed of messages is very sparse now because I’ve put so many posters on ignore.

Like for example, every time someone posts some inane bullshit and ends it with “jealous, bitches?” they get instantly ignored.

by Anonymousreply 49January 18, 2018 4:24 AM

Well, wherever you go, there you are.

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2018 3:17 PM

So unignore them. Selectively.

I go through this. The only ones I keep on perma-ignore are Ignored Posters 1-14, the "bro" contingent. Everyone else gets unignored eventually, even Spicen and Scholar.

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2018 3:18 PM

It’s a sign that you’re such a sensitive little Mary that there’s really no point in being here. Go find another message board.

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2018 3:20 PM

Shouldn't this go under the thread where people who ignore other people have to announce that they ignore other people?

And then people announce that they ignore people who announce that they ignore people?

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2018 3:22 PM

Nope, but thanks for the suggestion. I hope you enjoy the obvious troll posts where someone brags about eating a peanut butter sandwich and asks if you’re jealous. They have us the ignore button for just that purpose, and the fact that I have to use it so much now means this board is overrun with trolls.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2018 3:23 PM

Suit yourself.

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2018 3:25 PM

I periodically unblock people. The only people I permablock are certified cunts and OCD political trolls. Kinda the same thing, actually.

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2018 3:28 PM

You are all pathetic with your "this is how I block" and "I ALWAYS block when" crap -- who the fuck cares about you? And then you're jealous of people with a full DL feed. Losers.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2018 3:35 PM

R8 has stated her boundaries

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2018 3:38 PM

R8 is a Certifed Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2018 3:42 PM

[QUOTE]I hope you enjoy the obvious troll posts where someone brags about eating a peanut butter sandwich and asks if you’re jealous.

Some of those threads turn out to be fun. The ones that suck just sink like a stone and disappear from the front page quickly, so I barely even see them. But you can’t find the diamonds if you block them all. Quit being such a whiny cunt.

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2018 3:44 PM

Are you the queen that kept duplicate posting because you had blocked yourself unintentionally?

by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2018 3:51 PM

Triplicate last night, R12.

by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2018 3:55 PM

I agree with r3

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2018 4:00 PM

One has to wonder how some of the more delicate, hot-house flowers like OP survive in the real world.

How does one block a co-worker you do not agree with? How does one go about blocking a family member who has an opinion that differs with yours? How does one block a significant other who does/says something to irritate you.

I'll answer the last question myself: OP and his ilk are alone, and always will be alone, simply because they are intolerant pricks.

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2018 4:03 PM

r15 BLOCKED!

Just kidding.

I don't understand the ones who need to block and then announce it, and post threads like this about how many people they've blocked. They're clearly trying to CONTROL. EVERY. THING. by telling people they're going to get BLOCKED! If they don't read their minds. And as we all know, that's literally sexual assault.

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2018 4:06 PM

R16 consider yourself blocked by OP.

by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2018 4:07 PM

You need to be more tolerant if you want to enjoy more bitchery, OP.

by Anonymousreply 18January 17, 2018 4:09 PM

I understand exactly where you're coming from. Block is a very useful function that is definitely needed in this vipers' nest.

by Anonymousreply 19January 17, 2018 4:10 PM

Trolls are more entertaining than the bores.

by Anonymousreply 20January 17, 2018 4:14 PM

Trolls are not to be fed

by Anonymousreply 21January 17, 2018 4:15 PM

So let me get this straight.

This is the new "I want to be underwhelmed" thread?

by Anonymousreply 22January 17, 2018 4:17 PM

[quote] hope you enjoy the obvious troll posts where someone brags about eating a peanut butter sandwich and asks if you’re jealous.

This is an old DL inside joke since it's inception and I've been here since the beginning. If you don't realize this, you have no sense of DL humor. The ignore feature is useful but be careful about using it too liberally. Sometimes it's difficult to decipher sarcasm online. I only use it for the stormfronters, crazy conspiracy nuts, though I will let them go for awhile just because they are so crazy and outlandish that it's amusing, and psychotic Matt.

The "jealous bitches" isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's supposed to be silly and "aren't I pathetic".

by Anonymousreply 23January 17, 2018 4:20 PM

r22 no, that thread is entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 24January 17, 2018 4:20 PM

R23 is our man from Defend-a-Cliche. He has not worn anything but a caftan since 1973.

by Anonymousreply 25January 17, 2018 4:27 PM

Just jump off a bridge OP. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 26January 17, 2018 4:35 PM

Uh oh R26.

by Anonymousreply 27January 17, 2018 4:37 PM

Ruck-Ro, OP. Did you get the message that we got a new car? Or had you blocked Oprah?

by Anonymousreply 28January 17, 2018 4:39 PM

[quote]He has not worn anything but a caftan since 1973.

Actually, no, I've never tried on a caftan. Those "cliches" are leftovers of a time when DL was far more entertaining and had much more wit than today and the board moved at such rapid pace that what was on page 1 might be on page 60 in a few hours.

by Anonymousreply 29January 17, 2018 4:43 PM

OP will soon only be posting and responding to himself.

by Anonymousreply 30January 17, 2018 4:43 PM

Much like his sex life r30.

by Anonymousreply 31January 17, 2018 4:45 PM

"My feed of messages" is very awkward. "Message feed" is more concise. It's like saying "a bag for douching" instead of "douche bag."

by Anonymousreply 32January 17, 2018 5:10 PM

R29 which years did are you remembering? Do you have any idea of what has changed? Can I go back through archives and see Datalounge in its utopia state?

by Anonymousreply 33January 17, 2018 5:23 PM

Nineties R33. But the formatting was very different. How do you access archives?

by Anonymousreply 34January 17, 2018 5:24 PM

The Archives will appear when everyone has been BLOCKED!

by Anonymousreply 35January 17, 2018 5:28 PM

Everyone who has responded or who will respond to this thread will be blocked!

OP found a clever way to expedite his work!

by Anonymousreply 36January 17, 2018 5:30 PM

You have been REVERSE BLOCKED r36! It's like a block, but you're blocked and then unblocked and then SUPERBLOCKED!

by Anonymousreply 37January 17, 2018 5:31 PM

R33, we've posted reminiscings of old threads here before.

by Anonymousreply 38January 17, 2018 5:32 PM

Trump fart Huckabee Sanders rimming peanut butter frau lesbo bottom

by Anonymousreply 39January 17, 2018 5:33 PM

Serious question here. Is there not a maximum number of ignores? Isn't there a maximum number for watched threads? I've noticed that after awhile some of my watched threads become "unwatched." I assumed there was a max for that.

by Anonymousreply 40January 17, 2018 5:36 PM

r40 when you clear your browser cache (not cookies) the watched threads list clears.

by Anonymousreply 41January 17, 2018 5:41 PM

Yeah, R41, but I don't clear my cache.

And only certain threads fall off. Usually older ones that haven't been updated or I haven't checked on in a few weeks. All the other ones remain in tact. I figured each time I participated in a new one an older one would drop off if I maxed out.

by Anonymousreply 42January 17, 2018 5:43 PM

r42 I wouldn't expect whoever coded this beast to have put in limits. If they do vanish, it's probably just another bug.

by Anonymousreply 43January 17, 2018 5:44 PM

How does one Un-Ignore?

by Anonymousreply 44January 17, 2018 5:44 PM

R44 you go to your ignored list and click on the x in the corner.

by Anonymousreply 45January 17, 2018 5:46 PM

OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 17, 2018 6:38 PM

If I block everyone, can I still come live in America?

by Anonymousreply 47January 18, 2018 3:09 AM

OP has stated her boundaries, pathetic as they are.

by Anonymousreply 48January 18, 2018 3:24 AM

I don't have that many on ignore OP but if a poster is obviously trolling you, or in super attack-mode, getting really ugly attacking you/others, only because they're angry that your opinion differs, (such as someone who gets real nasty over trivial things, because you dislike some news anchor or celeb whom they idolize, or whatever trivial bullshit) blocking is best and then letting them know they are blocked is appropriate. Otherwise, no need to bother letting them know. When I see a crazy, out of control nut-job on a thread and someone lets them know they are blocked, I appreciate it. If the nut job attacks me I let them know they are blocked, otherwise I don't bother. The really insane ones throw a tantrum when you tell them they are blocked, which is quite entertaining. The few posters I have on ignore belong on LSA, not here on a gay/lez board.

by Anonymousreply 49January 18, 2018 4:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!