Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Any of you SAG voters done your thing yet?

I have.

Voted for Ronan/Chalamet/Harrelson/Metcalf/cast of Lady Bird/Lange/Brown/Moss/DeNiro/cast of The Handmaid’s Tale/Hayes/Louis-Dreyfuss/cast of Veep

by Anonymousreply 116January 22, 2018 10:48 PM

Thanks, OP! Luv ya, mean it ;)

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2018 2:53 PM

OP is a salesbottom in Des Moines.

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2018 3:02 PM

You should have voted for me as a write-in, what's wrong with you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2018 3:03 PM

I agree with you, except for Ronan (should be Sally Hawkins) and Harrelson (should be Richard Jenkins).

I think Ronan is going to win next year with MARY, QUEEN OF SCOTS. I hope Sally sweeps from here on out.

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2018 3:08 PM

Sally Hawkins annoys me

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2018 3:14 PM

I thought of voting for Jenkins, R4, but thought Harrelson’s performance was simply more satisfying and moving overall. I get what Hawkins did but I didn’t like The Shape of Water and her performance sometimes irritated me with its blaring “I’m an emotional open wound” component. I blame the writing/direction more than her for that, though, but still.

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2018 4:26 PM

I hope Woody Harrelson wins for Three Billboards. I really loved his performance (even though it was relatively brief).

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2018 5:20 PM

It was a true supporting performance, though, R7. The company behind Three Billboards is committing category fraud by putting Sam Rockwell up for supporting. He’s clearly the male lead.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2018 7:45 PM

I voted for Oldman, McDormand, Dafoe and Metcalf even though Three Billboards is the only one I've seen. There really wasn't much choice and Dafoe seems cool and I've met Metcalf and Janney and Metcalf is by far the nicer person.

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2018 9:24 PM

Oldman, Hawkins, Dafoe, Metcalf, Lady Bird

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2018 10:53 PM

R9 should have her SAG card snatched away for voting for films she hasn’t seen.

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2018 10:54 PM

[R9], You're voting for and against performances you haven't seen? Well, I suppose that would explain 'Crash'.

by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2018 2:42 AM

OP has flawless taste.

Shame on anyone voting Oldman over Chalamet. I mean, really.

by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2018 2:43 AM

I love Oldman’s performance but Chalamet’s performance is just so complete and rich. It’s a perfect lived in performance while Oldman’s is really just a case of expert mimicry. I think Chalamet has struck a chord with actors and might win.

by Anonymousreply 14January 19, 2018 5:39 AM

Chalamet is just a cute twink and appeals to DL. The SAG and Academy voters won't be so charmed.

by Anonymousreply 15January 19, 2018 7:08 PM

[quote]OP has flawless taste.

The support for "Three Billboards" says otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 16January 19, 2018 7:12 PM

Is this one of the many Hollywood handjob awards that will only have female presenters?

by Anonymousreply 17January 19, 2018 7:13 PM

NOT EVEN NOMINATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 18January 19, 2018 7:13 PM

Fuck off, R15. I think you're going to be in for a surprise on Sunday night.

There is a VIRULENT anti-Three Billboards troll who is posting in various Oscar threads. We get it, dear. You didn't like the film. MOVE ON.

by Anonymousreply 19January 19, 2018 7:16 PM

R13 means really.

by Anonymousreply 20January 19, 2018 7:17 PM

Oh Christ, OP-thanks for continuing to award Veep.

A one-note curse-fest.

Ugh.

But I voted for Chalamet too ;)

by Anonymousreply 21January 19, 2018 7:23 PM

I voted for Jill Stein.

by Anonymousreply 22January 19, 2018 7:25 PM

Timothée is gaining massive support in both Hollywood and the country for his performance. Everyone I know has been raving and he seems destined to win. I think in ten years time his will go down as one of the great male performances of all time.

by Anonymousreply 23January 19, 2018 7:46 PM

[quote]I think in ten years time his will go down as one of the great male performances of all time.

It's even more impressive considering his acting partner was a brick wall.

by Anonymousreply 24January 19, 2018 7:49 PM

Chalamet's recent gesture of donating his salary from that Woody Allen film he did will only help matters. I also bet that he's now going to get a lot of votes that might've been destined for James Franco.

by Anonymousreply 25January 19, 2018 7:55 PM

r23=MARY!

by Anonymousreply 26January 19, 2018 9:55 PM

Pretty uninspired choices. Woody Harrelson did Woody Harrelson. Ronan was a teenager literally a minute ago so she didn't really have to dig that deep.

[quote]I voted for Oldman, McDormand, Dafoe and Metcalf even though Three Billboards is the only one I've seen.

That's deplorable and shows zero respect for your guild and your profession. They really ought to limit the voting base to higher-tier actors who've been in the biz for a bit.

by Anonymousreply 27January 19, 2018 10:17 PM

Yeah, voting without seeing all the nominated performances is highly unethical. If you couldn't see them all, then don't vote.

by Anonymousreply 28January 19, 2018 10:25 PM

You know what? They have a whole bunch of tv shows and tv performances that you'd have to spend hours upon hours of your life to see them all. so I'm sure lots of folks are voting for someone or other just based on other things, like if they personally like that actor or their work in the past. Movies are easier to do since they send screeners or arrange other ways like streaming video to see them.

by Anonymousreply 29January 19, 2018 10:34 PM

I voted for Oldman and McDormand. Maybe if I was voting for Prom King and Queen, I would have voted for Chalamet and Ronan.

by Anonymousreply 30January 19, 2018 10:41 PM

Love the support for Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 31January 19, 2018 11:03 PM

R15/R30, you’re both idiots.

by Anonymousreply 32January 19, 2018 11:15 PM

You get like two weeks from the time the discs start arriving to the time of the voting. They literally send you everything including box seats of nominated TV shows' entire seasons. You'd have to literally stay inside the entire time and watch them continuously to see everything.

The access to streaming sites that they send for some stuff is better since you can access that around Dec. 23rd. (but still with the holidays and people travelling and stuff it is still rushed.)

And this is the first year that all the streaming stuff worked well. In the past few years the stuff was so big that it would literally take like 20 hours to download one movie.

by Anonymousreply 33January 19, 2018 11:29 PM

"They really ought to limit the voting base to higher-tier actors who've been in the biz for a bit."

You think higher-tier actors don't do the same thing? I'd bet a ton of people who vote on awards like this don't see all the movies. There have been rumors about this kind of voting for the Oscars, too

by Anonymousreply 34January 20, 2018 12:36 AM

I know a guy who hadn’t worked in film or tv in 3 decades . Yet he’s still a SAG member, gets a ballot and votes every year. SAG should fix this .

by Anonymousreply 35January 20, 2018 2:02 AM

Chalamet's performance is head and shoulders above Oldman's. Sorry but that's da truth.

by Anonymousreply 36January 20, 2018 2:06 AM

what movie is Oldman in?

by Anonymousreply 37January 20, 2018 2:18 AM

I wasn’t impressed with Chalamet. Did not feel it was great nor a performance a number of other talented actors couldn’t have done.

by Anonymousreply 38January 20, 2018 2:34 AM

Oscar voters don't see all the films either. They are even more bombarded than SAG voters since they get pretty much all films that want nominations. There have been many anonymous accounts of voters saying they don't watch everything. The big story around "12 Years a Slave" was people saying they respected it and voted for it but found it too depressing to vote for.

Plus Oscar voting gets into the realm of people actually knowing the nominees or friends know nominees. It is why people like Eddie Murphy, Stallone, and Lauren Bacall had surprising loses. They had made enough enemies who told friends etc. and the word spread.

I have a close friend who worked with some major SAG nominees. I asked her point blank if she liked them. One she did like and the other she shook her head and said "awful person."

ok since it is a gossip sight Alexander Skarsgaard was the person she liked and said to vote for. (I'll withhold the hated one.)

by Anonymousreply 39January 20, 2018 3:31 PM

R39-really? You’re going to leave us hanging like that?

*DL card revoked*

by Anonymousreply 40January 20, 2018 3:40 PM

SAG voters are lazy as fuck

by Anonymousreply 41January 20, 2018 3:53 PM

I'm sending in my votes today!! Fingers crossed for my choices.

by Anonymousreply 42January 20, 2018 3:55 PM

OP, If Julia Louis-Dreyfuss wins another award for VEEP, I'm gonna shit a brick.

by Anonymousreply 43January 20, 2018 4:09 PM

R38 Sorry for your lack of taste.

by Anonymousreply 44January 20, 2018 4:11 PM

All of these movies are boring and will be forgotten in less than a year.

by Anonymousreply 45January 20, 2018 4:15 PM

Lady Bird will be so forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 46January 20, 2018 4:19 PM

This is Jane's year to finally win for Grace & Frankie.

by Anonymousreply 47January 20, 2018 4:21 PM

I’m so sick of how lazy SAG voters are. Goldderby says Sean Hayes and JLD are the comedy front runners. It’s like Jesus fucking Christ!!

by Anonymousreply 48January 20, 2018 4:28 PM

You have dreadful taste

by Anonymousreply 49January 20, 2018 4:30 PM

[quote]You get like two weeks from the time the discs start arriving to the time of the voting. They literally send you everything including box seats of nominated TV shows' entire seasons. You'd have to literally stay inside the entire time and watch them continuously to see everything.

Get Out was released nearly a year ago, Lady Bird and The Shape of Water came out around Thanksgiving. Yeah, there’s always going to be the end-of-year rush but even if you’re seeing two critically acclaimed new releases a month you’re probably going to hit most of the prospective SAG nominees come January voting.

by Anonymousreply 50January 20, 2018 4:34 PM

We didn't know "Get Out" was going to be nominated since early in the year movies tend to be forgotten by the time of awards nominations, plus in NY it's like $17 for regular movie admissions which adds up; I don't know what they go for in in Los Angeles. But then again, watching the movies is reasonably doable -- watching 5 entire tv seasons per nomination in each tv category is wacko.

by Anonymousreply 51January 20, 2018 6:42 PM

Awards are so 20th Century.

by Anonymousreply 52January 20, 2018 6:45 PM

I have been an Oscar junky for a long long time. I have seen many things. Billboards is least deserving Oscar winner (yes over Crash at least didn’t have gay bashing) I have ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 53January 20, 2018 6:53 PM

R53-could not agree more. Awful.

Shape of Water...just as bad.

by Anonymousreply 54January 20, 2018 6:57 PM

There's no gay bashing in Three Billboards. That character you're assuming is gay is not gay (or is at least not identified as such), but let's just say he was. Rockwell's character doesn't throw him out of a window because he's gay, he throws him out of a window because he continues to help McDormand keep the billboards up.

by Anonymousreply 55January 20, 2018 7:00 PM

R53 - Your parenthetical insert in your last sentence confused further an already confused sentence.

by Anonymousreply 56January 20, 2018 7:05 PM

Votes:

Actor: Oldman (I would have voted Day Lewis had he been up, and I didn't love Oldman, but I loathed Chalamet who did nothing but stir the loins of every mincing eldergay who wished he'd been in Armie Hammer's place. The kid is mediocre and so was the film.

Actress: McDormand (not my first choice, but my first choice of those on the ballot).

Supporting Actor: Rockwell

Supporting Actress: Laurie Metcalf (also not my first choice, but between her and Janney- none of the others are worth shit- Metcalf created the better, more well rounded character)

Cast: Three Billboards. I actively hated all the other films and couldn't even make it through Mudbound

Television- If I didn't know the show or the performer, I just voted for whomever I hated least. For instance, Female Lead in a Comedy. I can't stand Veep and I hate Grace and Frankie even more, so there's no reason to watch any more episodes, I'll never vote for them. I also think Uzo Aduba is basically doing a minstrel show performance and I refuse to watch her anymore, so I voted for Alison Brie because, even though I haven't seen the show, I have no problem with her. I handled the rest similarly. Who gives a shit about television?

by Anonymousreply 57January 20, 2018 7:09 PM

"...I voted for Alison Brie because, even though I haven't seen the show..."

You're what's wrong with this process.

by Anonymousreply 58January 20, 2018 7:12 PM

Woody was dying of cancer so he killed himself. It wasn’t because the Billboards I didn’t see the interview but Sam said his character also beat up gays like he did blacks. Can imagine if he viciously beat up a black like he did Red an assumed gay ( you are right about that) there would be a very loud outcry. There isn’t just one prolbem with the movie.

by Anonymousreply 59January 20, 2018 7:12 PM

R56 please take your Grammer lesson and shove it up yours ass

Oops I forgot to use a period.

by Anonymousreply 60January 20, 2018 7:15 PM

It’s interesting how stupid award voters are. They ALWAYS vote for the same people.

They don’t take in to account personal lives. The allegations against Gay Oldham are horrific, so let’s give him statues.

Julia Louis Dreyfus has won 40 billion awards for VEEP, so let’s honor her again.

Sean Hayes has won 50 billion awards for Will + Grace, so let’s honor him again.

Frances gave the same performance in 3 Billboards that she gave in Olive Kitterage, and we gave her a statue for Olive, so let’s give her another statue for 3 billboards.

by Anonymousreply 61January 20, 2018 7:17 PM

Yes I admit it. My grammar is bad but at least I’m not going to win an undeserved Oscar for Best Original Screenplay like Martin McDonagh.

by Anonymousreply 62January 20, 2018 7:18 PM

R60 - It's spelled grammar.

by Anonymousreply 63January 20, 2018 7:19 PM

Which I corrected the 2nd time I used it. I could call you a poor excuse of a human being but I won’t.

by Anonymousreply 64January 20, 2018 7:30 PM

I voted with my vagina.

by Anonymousreply 65January 20, 2018 7:33 PM

R64 - You're verbose.

by Anonymousreply 66January 20, 2018 7:35 PM

Verbose. I had to look it up. Not so bad.

I should proofread more before I press sudmit. Whenever someone says something about my grammar I think about this old movie. A high school student has a crush on her English teach she puts her heart into and gives him a love letter. All he does is correct her grammar She jumps out the window. Since it was only 2 stories she survived. She is also heterosexual so the film doesn’t win Best Picture.

Yep. Verbose.

by Anonymousreply 67January 20, 2018 7:52 PM

R67 - Take a Valium. And a 9th grade English course.

by Anonymousreply 68January 20, 2018 7:54 PM

I’m actually on lorazepam. Dude I think you are the hopeless one. There are more important things than being book smart. Like being kind and being a grammar nazi isn’t.

I hope Woody is the only winner from Billboards. See ya, on The Oscar threads, chump.

by Anonymousreply 69January 20, 2018 8:01 PM

R69 - Got it.

by Anonymousreply 70January 20, 2018 8:02 PM

I absented from voting due to Russian hacking in the nomination process.

by Anonymousreply 71January 20, 2018 10:40 PM

^^^abstained

this whole thing has got me so upset. Please forgive any errors. This could be my first Oscar snub. To think that prostitute who opened her legs in The Wolf of Wall Street is getting my nomination for some Ice Capades movie.

by Anonymousreply 72January 20, 2018 11:07 PM

LOL, R72.

by Anonymousreply 73January 21, 2018 12:17 AM

They didn't give enough to watch everything. I got my last batch of 5 screeners about 12 hours before votes were due in.

by Anonymousreply 74January 21, 2018 12:33 AM

The TV Actors was such slim pickings. I voted for Lily Tomlin (even though I don't really like the show but like her.) Larry David even though I didn't get the screeners in time to watch the last season, and Bob Odenkirk for Drama Series Actor even though I've never seen the show. I figured he was good on Breaking Bad and it is the same character, there was really no one else to vote for.

I did Moss for Handmaids Tale, Jessica over Kidman for limited and Skarsgaard because there was no one else and he was ok.

by Anonymousreply 75January 21, 2018 12:42 AM

[quote]I voted for Oldman, McDormand, Dafoe and Metcalf even though Three Billboards is the only one I've seen. There really wasn't much choice and Dafoe seems cool and I've met Metcalf and Janney and Metcalf is by far the nicer person.

FF R9 !!

I hope someone snitches on you R9. How can you vote against performances you have not seen?

by Anonymousreply 76January 21, 2018 12:45 AM

There is no obligation to see the performances r76. The Emmy's make you sign something but even that is unenforceable. And as said above virtually no one in SAG/Aftra saw everything. There weren't enough hours in the day to watch the amount of screeners they sent in the time they gave.

by Anonymousreply 77January 21, 2018 12:49 AM

[quote] "...I voted for Alison Brie because, even though I haven't seen the show..-."You're what's wrong with this process.

I understand what you're saying, but you pretty much reduced what I wrote to this one sentence. I think I made it clear that I've seen Grace & Frankie, Veep and Orange is the New Black, and there's no way I would vote for any of those actresses, as I think the shows suck (though OITNB had a fantastic first season, but turned to shit and stayed there), and I don't think any of them are doing award-worthy work (Aduba was good in Season one, but has become a cartoon, JLD gives the same performance in everything she does- mediocre, and Fonda and Tomlin are just embarrassingly bad in G&F and it's cringeworthy), so there's no one else to vote for outside of Brie. I either vote for her or I don't vote. I like Alison Brie, I've enjoyed her in other things, so I don't have an issue voting for her here, and I've saved myself an hour I could be watching something else.

It's lovely that you think we should be watching all that TV, but we don't. I'm in my 40s and I have been watching television since I was five. I know when a show has jumped the shark, I also know that if I don't like a show or performance, there's a minuscule chance I'll like it if I watch a later episode. I think there are shortcuts that are understandable and permissible for voting for television that would be far less so for film.

However, I'm also an AMPAS member. When I vote on who should be nominated, do you think I've seen every film released in a given year? If not, should I recuse myself? Or do you think it's likely that there are probably no tangible possibilities for Best Supporting Actress in Wish Upon, or Best Actor in Chips?

Perhaps you'll make the argument that- Well, those films aren't nominated, so you don't have to watch them. Ahh, but if I'm responsible for helping to decide who gets nominated, then don't I have to see everything? If not, is that fair? If a distributor decides not to send a screener out, for whatever reason, should I penalize those actors because the people in charge were too cheap? After all, I'm taking a shortcut, so I'm what's wrong with the voting process.

Ann Dowd won the NBR for Supporting Actress in 2012 for Compliance, but her distributor, Magnolia, didn't want to spend the money to send out screeners or hold Academy screenings for a film that only had a small release and was already out of theaters and on DVD, so she lost out. This year, David Lowery also faced the same issue with his haunting and beautiful film, A Ghost Story, which wound up on a lot of 10 Best lists. The difference being that his distributor, A24, did send out screeners for a handful of other films, including Good Time and The Disaster Artist, but chose to exclude his film. Should he be penalized?

Voters are going to watch what they're going to watch, and they will never have enough time to track down or even view every single thing they should or are supposed to, so shortcuts have to be taken. Unfortunately, they can be abused and that's why someone like JLD wins every year for Veep or an actor or actress wins every award in a given year for a performance. It's why campaigning still works.

I actually do try my best to be as fair as possible, but I will admit I work harder on the film side than I do the TV side simply because TV does have a familiarity factor that one can rely on. If I know I don't like an actor's performance on a show based on what I've seen in seasons past, then I don't think it's a problem to not watch newer work in the same series. If I am not a particular fan of an actor, I still will watch them in a new film that has a possibility of awards potential because even mediocre or bad actors can hit it out of the park once in their lives. Andie MacDowell is living proof of that.

by Anonymousreply 78January 21, 2018 12:49 AM

I would go with Chalamet, Robbie, Chau and Jenkins. If you don't get what Chalamet did you don't understand acting. He played the character. Lovelorn, confused, enfatuated and then sad. He really played the beats. Robbie took a character that should be a card board cutout and treated her seriously, Jenkins was delightful and a true supporting character who fought for the leading player in a sweet and supportive manner and Chau took a character that seemed cartoonish and like a "little" from the 80s animated series and gave her a sad heart.

by Anonymousreply 79January 21, 2018 12:50 AM

[quote] If you don't get what Chalamet did you don't understand acting.

Oh, bullshit. If Chalamet looked like Haley Joel Osment does now, there would be a lot fewer people on DL championing his performance.

by Anonymousreply 80January 21, 2018 12:52 AM

R80 bullshit you. Osment could never pull off a part like that. Even as a child his revered performance it was not real acting. He had to just play scared. And eeriness which is more a directorial thing. There was no self examination as a human in that role.

by Anonymousreply 81January 21, 2018 12:57 AM

You think only DLers liked his performance? LOL. I haven't seen the movie, but his performance is getting tons of acclaim from the critics (and not just gay critics, either)

by Anonymousreply 82January 21, 2018 12:57 AM

[quote] bullshit you. Osment could never pull off a part like that. Even as a child his revered performance it was not real acting. He had to just play scared. And eeriness which is more a directorial thing. There was no self examination as a human in that role.

[quote] You think only DLers liked his performance? LOL. I haven't seen the movie, but his performance is getting tons of acclaim from the critics (and not just gay critics, either)

You're both idiots. Try getting someone to explain to you what I typed.

by Anonymousreply 83January 21, 2018 1:00 AM

R83 is one the 90% of SAG members who are excited they get screeners and get to vote but are unemployed the majority of the year.

by Anonymousreply 84January 21, 2018 1:03 AM

[quote]However, I'm also an AMPAS member.

Ugh, this is even worse. Do you at least watch all of the films that get nominated? I hope you do, it's the least you could do.

by Anonymousreply 85January 21, 2018 1:04 AM

[quote] Ugh, this is even worse. Do you at least watch all of the films that get nominated? I hope you do, it's the least you could do.

Gosh, if there was only a way you could find this out. Hmmm....

by Anonymousreply 86January 21, 2018 1:05 AM

I wish R83 the best of luck on next week's Tide commercial audition they won't get.

by Anonymousreply 87January 21, 2018 1:25 AM

Lady Bird looks awful. Who wants to see a movie about a whiny teenage girl. I get enough of that teaching high school.

by Anonymousreply 88January 21, 2018 1:25 AM

Forgot to add my question mark. Teenage girl?

by Anonymousreply 89January 21, 2018 1:25 AM

It might be easier to vote if everything was on streaming services. This year only about 8 films streamed. If you are on location you can't get the DVDS since they are sent to your home address. Even if you know ahead of time that you will be away from your home the first few weeks in January you still have to have known that back in the beginning of November since they mail them to what ever address your account says at that point.

by Anonymousreply 90January 21, 2018 2:20 AM

I will be thrilled the day AMPAS decides to set up an online screener service. As long as I can watch it on my television and not my computer, I'll be happy. It would also give those distributors who don't want to spend the money to send out screeners the chance to have us see their films in consideration. Of course, it could also flood the voters with way more films than they can watch, but hopefully it will be used judiciously. It would be great to have the app have sub-channels for each category in consideration, so if one wanted to see everyone being put up for, say, a Best Actor nomination, all those films would be under one "folder" to watch with the actor's name(s) being announced ahead of the film. It could really help streamline things.

by Anonymousreply 91January 21, 2018 5:04 AM

Lady Bird was brilliant; I've seen it multiple times in theater already.

I have moviepass- $9.99/month and a movie a day. If I live in NYC and can see all these movies in the actual theaters, then lazy voters who get screeners sent to them can watch all of the films.

I try to see 2 movies in theaters per week, so roughly 100 movies per year. It's not that hard to do and there are plenty of movies to see each week. I see lots of foreign films, indies and documentaries when nothing out of Hollywood piques my interest.

by Anonymousreply 92January 21, 2018 5:41 AM

You cheap fat bastard.

by Anonymousreply 93January 21, 2018 5:45 AM

Tonight we get to see what you assholes voted for.

I’m depressed and angry and I don’t even know the outcomes yet.

by Anonymousreply 94January 21, 2018 4:58 PM

How charming -- you must be huge fun to be around.

by Anonymousreply 95January 21, 2018 5:45 PM

I haven't watched my 2016 screeners yet.

by Anonymousreply 96January 21, 2018 5:46 PM

R84 No that would be me.

Yeah the screeners came really late this year. As far as online streaming I had to update windows before I could access them.

SAG really dropped the ball on their members this year. Or the studios don't give a fuck about actors. Which I think is more likely since they book most of the SAG awards screenings at Harmony Gold. The absolute shittiest screening room in all of LA.

by Anonymousreply 97January 21, 2018 5:57 PM

I think studios don’t give a shit about screeners bc most studios know how awards really work.

1) Vote AGAINST your enemy

2) Vote FOR your friend

3) Vote however the tide is going for

4) Vote for best performance

Why would a studio spend a shit ton of money for the 4th reason people vote?

by Anonymousreply 98January 21, 2018 5:59 PM

I really do vote for the best performance. As I see it. I get so few chances to do so.

by Anonymousreply 99January 21, 2018 8:12 PM

The new issue in awards is the predicting thing. Lots of people like to vote with the flow so they can say "I voted for all the winners!!!!" All those handicapping articles and coverage have changed voting.

I sometimes fell that. Say if there are 5 nominees and I really think the person in third place rankings was the best. Then it feels like should I waste my vote there or try to influence the race between the top two. Usually I vote for what I thought was best. This year was hard though because sometimes I didn't have strong feelings for anyone. (It was like Frances seems so crabby, should I vote for the sweet Irish girl?)

by Anonymousreply 100January 21, 2018 8:36 PM

Where is part 2?

by Anonymousreply 101January 22, 2018 1:50 AM

Timothee Chalamet betrayed somebody he worked with for no good reason. For fucks sake, he wasn't even born when Woody Allen was accused of molesting Dylan Farrow. All this shit about "being worthy' and "standing should to shoulder" is puke-worthy, So disappointed. And I hope he knows his mother's family were driven out of Vienna by the same type of self-serving cowardly herd mentality as he is exhibiting now.

by Anonymousreply 102January 22, 2018 2:33 AM

r102, or maybe he just changed his mind. I'd say the "herd mentality" is exhibited by people who don't want to believe the worst about Woody Allen because they like his movies.

by Anonymousreply 103January 22, 2018 2:36 AM

SAG voters? Sorry, this ain't the Oscars. We give even less of a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 104January 22, 2018 2:38 AM

R103 No, more likely he wants an Oscar, and thinks the wind is blowing in a certain direction. Oh, and he wants not to be harassed for working with Woody, and to be invited to all the right parties. Isn't that more likely?

by Anonymousreply 105January 22, 2018 2:44 AM

[quote] [R102], or maybe he just changed his mind. I'd say the "herd mentality" is exhibited by people who don't want to believe the worst about Woody Allen because they like his movies.

Or there are those of us who have looked at the lack of evidence and the conclusions that several people in law enforcement and psychologists came to, as well as what Mia's son Moses had to say, and how all of Mia's apologists love to twist the facts of the case to make it sound well more lurid than it was.

Here's the only fact proven- Woody had an affair with his girlfriend's OF AGE adopted daughter and later married her. Skeezy? Sure, you could easily be of that opinion. It's not something I would have done, but I'm not them and I can't speak for them. They could have certainly handled it better, but again, I was not in Mia and Woody's relationship, so I have no idea what went on.

Here's what's been proven to be false- Woody and Mia being married. Soon-Yi being Woody's adopted or step-daughter. Woody having anything to do with raising Soon-Yi. Woody and Soon-Yi having any kind of relations before she was of age.

Woody was also cleared of any molestation accusations, and further, more than one psychologist came to the conclusion that Dylan had been coached to say what she said and was unable at her age to tell fantasy from truth.

So there's a lot more to go on proving Woody's innocence in this particular matter than his guilt. Those are the facts. You don't have to be a fan of Woody's or his movies. You don't even have to like the man or condone what went down between him, Mia and Soon-Yi. All you have to do is accept that facts are facts.

by Anonymousreply 106January 22, 2018 2:46 AM

R106 hers what your leaving out. Professional doctors acknowledged he had a strange fixation with a child. Fuck off. Whatever he did or did not do. That's fucking weird.

by Anonymousreply 107January 22, 2018 3:25 AM

Here's*

by Anonymousreply 108January 22, 2018 3:27 AM

[quote] hers what your leaving out. Professional doctors acknowledged he had a strange fixation with a child.

I left it out because it had nothing whatsoever to do with any molestation or sexual activity. It was Woody's first actual child (adopted, but the first he could say he was parent to). How many helicopter moms do you know who are obsessed with their children?

by Anonymousreply 109January 22, 2018 3:33 AM

I love the way Frances M's terrific SAG speech more or less orders Oscar voters to vote for Saoirse -- so maybe they will !

by Anonymousreply 110January 22, 2018 12:28 PM

God, let's hope not.

by Anonymousreply 111January 22, 2018 4:15 PM

Jessica Lange LOST AGAIN. Oh my SIDES!

by Anonymousreply 112January 22, 2018 4:26 PM

I thought Lange was great, but maybe award voters don't like to see an actress portrayed as manipulating who won and lost the Oscar the year of "Baby Jane".

by Anonymousreply 113January 22, 2018 9:08 PM

nah. It was because Nicole was an abused wife and more politically correct to vote for.

I doubt anyone can seriously compare the two performances and say Kidman was better. Kidman was basically herself but just got hit a few times.

by Anonymousreply 114January 22, 2018 9:43 PM

SAG is such a minor award.

by Anonymousreply 115January 22, 2018 9:53 PM

r115-M

by Anonymousreply 116January 22, 2018 10:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!