Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Frozen Waffles

I won't be cooking for the next few months and need a recommendation.

Is there a good brand out there or is it hopeless? I'd like to taste more egg and less cardboard.

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2018 3:40 AM

Not Eggo. They become hard and cold one second after it comes out of toaster

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2018 2:07 PM

Trader Joe's esp their French toast

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2018 2:16 PM

If you were able to plan ahead, I would suggest making a batch of waffles and freezing them. Wrap individually in was paper and store in a ziplock freezer bag. They reheat in the toaster just like regular frozen waffles. But since it looks like you've broken your hands, maybe ask someone to make them for you?

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2018 2:19 PM

How about not eating waffles?

You type fat!!!

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2018 2:21 PM

[quote]If you were able to plan ahead, I would suggest making a batch of waffles and freezing them

I was going to say this. It works for pancakes too, only don't do it if you put things like berries in them they don't freeze as well.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2018 2:42 PM

R4 I need something easy, with no clean-up. I lost 13 pounds this month, i need to gain some weight, not lose it. I suppose I could put up an ad on craigslist asking for someone to cook up a batch.

Not a bad idea. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2018 3:16 PM

Why can't you cook?

If you need something easy and need to gain weight... Pop Tarts! Or I dunno, bagels with cream cheese?

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2018 3:19 PM

[quote]I was going to say this. It works for pancakes too, only don't do it if you put things like berries in them they don't freeze as well.

i HATE berries in pancakes.

ugh to mixing any sort of fruit with pancakes.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2018 6:56 PM

Eggo thick and fluffy are scrumptious.

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2018 6:59 PM

Buy expensive ones that come from somewhere like France or Belgium.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2018 7:03 PM

Eggo thick and fluffy taste better than any Belgian waffle on the market.

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2018 7:05 PM

because you cannot make waffles OP? Here, this is a simple recipe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2018 7:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2018 7:07 PM

Fun fact: frozen bread products make me horribly constipated.

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2018 9:11 PM

Are you home bound? Call meals on wheels and sign up for delivery. Free.

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2018 11:16 PM

How about a couple of thick milkshakes a day with added banana and raw eggs, if you can get pastured shell eggs you don't have to be afraid to eat them raw.

If you can afford it send out for a really good quality restaurant burger a day. Load it with mayo and have mashed, more nutritious than fries, on the side.

Can you make yourself hot cereal? It can be reheated. Make a big pot once a week and eat it all week. Add lots of butter and sugar and if you're allowed, salt. Add heavy cream instead of milk.

There really isn't too much to waffles as far as nutrition goes. French toast would have more, especially if you use lots of eggs and really soak the bread and fry each slice in lots of butter.

None of these things are too physically difficult to make but I don't know what your problem is and it could be that even getting yourself a glass of water might be too much.

Do you have anyone who can help you and cook up big batches of things for you that will last for a week. Or again, if you can afford it and you can get to the door order out, the most fattening things on the menu, but the healthy ones, like eggs Benedict. Get gravy on healthy things like roast chicken and let them put gravy on the potatoes. Get vegetables but get them sauteed or fried. There are lots of ways to combine healthy food and high calories.

Also get your doctor to order those drinks that help people put weight on. Have a few of those a day. I have no idea if they taste good or are disgusting. Trying to gain weight isn't something I've had to try.

Don't deal with Craig's List, for anything!

Hope you feel better soon, OP.

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2018 12:03 AM

I'll be happy to come over and make some for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2018 1:16 AM

Lots of good ideas here, thank you. I ordered the Eggo Light and Fluffy for delivery, mainly because the poster was so adamant that they taste good. That whole interaction made me laugh.

I broke a bunch of bones, including both hands. Lifting anything heavier than a toothbrush isn't possible yet, so I won't be doing any cooking or clean up. I'm not even hungry, just eating to cushion the ibuprophen. And I might call meals on wheels, excellent idea.

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2018 1:39 AM

Oh man, OP I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm trying to send you love and hugs in the atmosphere. Broken hands. How can you function at all. I hope you have some help, friends or relatives or some kind of people from an agency or someone. How do you even get out of bed or get dressed. Seriously, my heart is breaking for you.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2018 1:53 AM

It's temporary, R19, but you're very kind. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2018 1:57 AM

How are you typing?

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2018 1:59 AM

To hell with eating, how will you masturbate? Get your priorities right.

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2018 2:01 AM

Index finger. It takes awhile. But no spelling errors yet.

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2018 2:01 AM

OMG, I thought you were saying you were masturbating with your index finger.

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2018 2:03 AM

Jesus, OP, that's terrible. I'm sorry. I wish I knew you so I could cook for you.

Have you got a home health aide or similar to help with eating and all that other stuff?

Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2018 2:05 AM

I might try that, too.

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2018 2:05 AM

I hope you're getting something stronger than just ibuprofen, too!

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2018 2:06 AM

R26 is meant for R24.

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2018 2:07 AM

Oh man two broken hands, what did you do cross the mob or something? Wait don't tell, don't want them breaking anything else.

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2018 2:11 AM

Fell off my roof, my own fault. Slippery.

I am definitely calling meals on wheels, I gotta make things even simpler for awhile. Thanks to whoever said that.

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2018 2:18 AM

[quote] Lifting anything heavier than a toothbrush isn't possible yet

First time in my life I have ever said this, sure hope you have a small cock.

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2018 2:28 AM

I suspect there’s a good chance you are eligible for home care services, which would include meal preparation and cleaning - among other things. A friend of mine who had an accident and broke both his legs had somebody come to his house for an hour and a half a day and made meals for him and cleaned up after the previous day’s meals. Get in touch with someone in your city or county government and ask how you might get these benefits.

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2018 2:38 AM

Thanks everybody. I'm going to stop typing now. Will check on home services, too.

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2018 2:42 AM

You can voice type on most devices.

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2018 3:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!