Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NJ Gov Phil Murphy Plans to Create An Office of Sanctuarial Services for the Undocumented

I'm sure this will go down just great with your racist uncle from West Caldwell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113February 5, 2018 1:09 PM

"Murphy ran on ... making New Jersey a 'sanctuary state.' Saying so had hurt him politically; polls that had Murphy winning by a landslide tightened in late October, as Republicans warned that 'sanctuary' status would make the state a haven for crime. Some Democrats, facing tighter races, distanced themselves from Murphy.

Incoming N.J. governor plans a swing to the left — and a model for the country

This week, Murphy conceded that “sanctuary” was a “buzzword” that probably did more to confuse than enlighten. He preferred a new word — “welcoming” — for more or less the same policy of making it easy for undocumented immigrants to live in the state. That would mean state IDs, driver’s licenses and eligibility for college financial aid — “not just in-state tuition.”

It would also mean an Office of Immigrant Defensive Protection, which if Murphy has his way would become a government agency that undocumented immigrants could trust.

“It would be a place where everybody could call with questions about their status,” Murphy said. “Our guess is it’s going to be legal-services-oriented. One remarkable thing, and you probably have seen this, the rumors that swirl around communities are extraordinary, and it’s literally hard to get, particularly if you’re undocumented, the right answer to your question. That’s when people go back into the shadows.”

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2018 1:19 PM

Uh Governor, Governor, does this mean that since you're ignoring the law, all of us can now ignore NJ laws as well??

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2018 1:22 PM

Well, his ratings will now tank faster than Trump's.

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2018 1:22 PM

No, this does not mean you now get to jerk off in the neighborhood's playground, r2.

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2018 1:24 PM

As if NJ couldn't get any nastier. I lived there for two years and couldn't wait to get the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2018 1:27 PM

Is there a list of which laws we are allowed to break without consequences R4? And will we be compensated for breaking those laws with free IDs etc

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2018 1:27 PM

[quote] does this mean that since you're ignoring the law, all of us can now ignore NJ laws as well??

This isn't ignoring the law. He's inviting them to participate in it. A person who interacts with the government will be more likely to participate in the process LEGALLY, versus going into an underground space and just existing there, which is a recipe for trouble.

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2018 1:28 PM

r6 Are you actually mad I said you can't jerk off at the playground?

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2018 1:29 PM

R7 Rubbish! It's unilaterally providing legality to the illegal. The only "legality" the illegal should only be "participating" in is deportation. If the Governor can pick and choose what laws to follow, so should every other person in NJ. Like driving on the right side of the road on Tuesday and the left side of the road on Wednesday. See how unilateral actions work?

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2018 1:32 PM

I think Phil Murphy is kind of arrogant for a man who ruthlessly made HIS millions at Goldman Sachs but is perfectly happy taking money out of lower middle class pockets...

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2018 1:49 PM

R5 what exactly made Jersey so shitty when you lived there?

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2018 1:50 PM

BTW R8 I was not R2. Just another American who was wondering which laws we get to pick and choose to ignore. I am all for LEGAL immigration, but I do not understand this need to bend over backwards for people who come here illegally and knowingly break the law. What makes this 1 law less important than say speeding or robbery?

by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2018 1:54 PM

I'm sure OP wanted me to feel afraid or angry (as deplorables predictably do whenever they have to think about black and brown people being treated in a humane or compassionate way), but I couldn't approve more. And get ready for plenty more where that came from, because with Republicans defending such a massive number of seats and Trump continuing to stink up the country with his toxic approval ratings, Democrats are going to be be making major gains at the state level this year.

by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2018 1:54 PM

Just like the GOP completely ignores the left while ramming through its agenda, it's time the Dems ignore the right.

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2018 1:56 PM

The big problem with just deporting anyone who has come in illegally is it divides families (many of whom are often American citizen children) and it often takes out productive members of a community--leading to economic decline.

Immigrants, illegals or not, are major contributors to the economy. They tend to do alot of menial labor, break few laws, and are healthier than most Americans.

We throw them out; we hurt ourselves

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2018 1:58 PM

[quote]We don't throw them out, we make a complete nonsense of US immigration laws.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2018 2:00 PM

R11 The cleanliness , for one thing. I witnessed many times assholes throwing trash out of their car windows.

Property taxes are one of the highest in the nation.

The state is just one big highway / shopping center.

The cast of Real Housewives of New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2018 2:09 PM

I live in New Jersey- not far from West Caldwell actually. I will agree with you about property taxes and the housewives but the rest depends on where you live. It's beautiful by me with lots of trees, historic homes and country roads. However this plays with Murphy, he'll be redeemed and popular when he makes marijuana legal. Besides, he is doing the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 18January 17, 2018 2:13 PM

The USA is the only nation in the world that does not enforce its borders. Thus are we being destroyed from within.

by Anonymousreply 19January 17, 2018 2:14 PM

[quote]The USA is the only nation in the world that does not enforce its borders.

Neither do we.

by Anonymousreply 20January 17, 2018 2:26 PM

Immigration laws ARE nonsense now. People try to get in illegally because there is NO WAY they could get in legally. When people say, Go home and try to get in legally, it's utterly impossible.

Plus, illegals make up a grand total of 3% of the population. It's a manufactured crisis to win votes by the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 21January 17, 2018 3:03 PM

[quote] The USA is the only nation in the world that does not enforce its borders. Thus are we being destroyed from within.

Oh, the drama! Are illegals the cause of white trash?

by Anonymousreply 22January 17, 2018 3:04 PM

If New Jerseyans had effective Republicans that governed them, they would have continued to elect Republicans and signed on to their agenda.

Unfortunately, the Republicans have been so fucking awful, making promises they never keep, allowing the state to decay, New Jerseyans have had it with the bull shit.

by Anonymousreply 23January 17, 2018 3:06 PM

The GOP an its hypocrisy.

Every GOP presidential candidate in recent memory until Romney was FOR amnesty. In fact, it was a Republican president who gave 3 million illegals amnesty.

by Anonymousreply 24January 17, 2018 3:08 PM

[quote]Immigration laws ARE nonsense now. People try to get in illegally because there is NO WAY they could get in legally. When people say, Go home and try to get in legally, it's utterly impossible.

And yet 10s of thousands of immigrants SOMEHOW find a way to enter the US that is both LEGAL and POSSIBLE.

by Anonymousreply 25January 17, 2018 3:09 PM

[quote]The state is just one big highway / shopping center.

I never understood people who say this. The state's a lot of things, including this . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 17, 2018 3:10 PM

Good, now all of the illegals can pick up the tab in this fucking state as the middle and upper classes continue to flee.

by Anonymousreply 27January 17, 2018 3:11 PM

. . . and this . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 17, 2018 3:11 PM

...and this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 17, 2018 3:12 PM

. . . and this . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 17, 2018 3:12 PM

and...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 17, 2018 3:13 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 17, 2018 3:16 PM

and don't forget this.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 17, 2018 3:16 PM

R31 this is Newark too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 17, 2018 3:18 PM

Welcome to Salem, NJ. Almost as lovely as Camden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 17, 2018 3:19 PM

No human being is illegal.

by Anonymousreply 36January 17, 2018 3:20 PM

R25, sure you can come in legally...if you are wealthy enough and are from "desired" countries and apparently have skills that we have a shortage of in the US.

No, Lupe, your cleaning lady from Mexico, cannot, no matter what she does, get in legally.

by Anonymousreply 37January 17, 2018 3:28 PM

[quote]The USA is the only nation in the world that does not enforce its borders.

Says the deplorable who's obviously never stepped outside of his opiate-riddled trailer park.

You should travel to another country sometime. Might actually learn a thing or two about how other people think.

[quote]Thus are we being destroyed from within.

President Shithole's got that department covered right now, but nice regurgitation of Tea Party talking points.

by Anonymousreply 38January 17, 2018 3:28 PM

Mexican workers used to come to the US seasonally and then go back without issue.

Then the US decide it was politically better to completely close the border. THAT's when these migrant workers decided they had to stay here illegally because they couldn't go back and forth over the border.

by Anonymousreply 39January 17, 2018 3:30 PM

Illegals add far more to the economy than they take away.

they clean your homes and clothes, they care for your gardens, nanny your children, cook your food, wash your car, etc etc etc

They allow the middle class to have some comforts that used to be reserved for the wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 40January 17, 2018 3:32 PM

"I am all for LEGAL immigration, but I do not understand this need to bend over backwards for people who come here illegally and knowingly break the law."

Funny how Repugs claim to support legal immigration, but want to make it harder for people to immigrate legally

by Anonymousreply 41January 17, 2018 3:35 PM

[quote]You should travel to another country sometime. Might actually learn a thing or two about how other people think.

You'll definitely encounter sensible people who know that effective adult discourse is not composed solely abusive, childish pejoratives.

by Anonymousreply 42January 17, 2018 3:37 PM

New to American politics, are we R42?

by Anonymousreply 43January 17, 2018 3:39 PM

[quote]People try to get in illegally because there is NO WAY they could get in legally.

Meaning they shouldn't come here. For the same reason I can't legally enter your property and help myself to the use of whatever I find there.

by Anonymousreply 44January 17, 2018 3:41 PM

Do I give a flying fuck about engaging in civil discourse with deplorables? Lemme see....no.

Meanwhile, climate change will create tens of millions of refugees in the coming years.

Somehow I think "FUCK YOU GO HOME" isn't going to make that problem go away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 17, 2018 3:50 PM

Climate change... like the ozone layer? They never talk about that anymore. We should all be fried by now.

by Anonymousreply 46January 17, 2018 3:57 PM

[quote] Somehow I think "FUCK YOU GO HOME" isn't going to make that problem go away.

It didn't.

by Anonymousreply 47January 17, 2018 3:58 PM

[quote]Do I give a flying fuck about engaging in civil discourse with deplorables? Lemme see....no.

Calling people deplorables is the same as calling countries shitholes.

You are just like Trump (and Hillary "Deplorables" Clinton for that matter.)

by Anonymousreply 48January 17, 2018 4:01 PM

[quote]Climate change... like the ozone layer? They never talk about that anymore.

Oh honey, go read a book and get back to us.

Ozone layer is the one climate issue that was fixed due to banning CFCs.

by Anonymousreply 49January 17, 2018 4:01 PM

At least Trump is smart enough to label foreign countries shitholes, while Hillary foolishly called her own fellow citizens deplorables. That is partly why he is President and she is retired.

by Anonymousreply 50January 17, 2018 4:02 PM

Wait until the illegals with their fifty kids show up to the "Fountain Springs Country Club" with their swimsuits and pots of rice and beans in hand for lunch. You'll see the fur fly in NJ!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 17, 2018 4:05 PM

All newly arrived illegals should be converted to Judaism with plans made to re-locate them to Israel at the nearest convenient moment.

That would stop illegal immigration overnight.

by Anonymousreply 52January 17, 2018 4:08 PM

The only people who have a vested interest in keeping illegals illegal are those who advocate for a workforce with no rights, low pay and no benefits.  This is where I strongly disagree with progressives and immigration.

I'd gladly pay more for my produce...would you?

by Anonymousreply 53January 17, 2018 4:24 PM

[quote]I'd gladly pay more for my produce...would you?

If Marie Antoinette were a millennial, this is something she would have said.

by Anonymousreply 54January 17, 2018 4:26 PM

R53 Depends on how much. I'm not paying $4 for an avocado so little Maria can come here legally.

by Anonymousreply 55January 17, 2018 4:26 PM

Frankly, I'm starting to fall in love with R52.

by Anonymousreply 56January 17, 2018 4:27 PM

Know your history, r54. Marie Antoinette wouldn't pay more for her produce. "Let them eat cake" was said in complete disregard for the massess.

And R55 makes my point coming from the far right side.

by Anonymousreply 57January 17, 2018 4:30 PM

Meanwhile large chunks of the planet will be rendered uninhabitable in the coming years, creating millions of refugees, and AI/automation will replace a vast number of US workers.

But yeah, keep hating on those brown people.

by Anonymousreply 58January 17, 2018 4:31 PM

Considering all Spain did to pay Italians to steal land from indigenous peoples bankrolled with money stolen from Jews, perhaps it's they who should be deported.

by Anonymousreply 59January 17, 2018 4:32 PM

R57 so you'd pay $4 for an avocado if it meant better immigration reform?

by Anonymousreply 60January 17, 2018 4:34 PM

R55 wants cheap avocados, doesn't want to see brown people in his trailer park, and doesn't want to think about how those avocados get here.

Which explains our current fcked up system.

by Anonymousreply 61January 17, 2018 4:38 PM

Bravo Govnr!!!!

by Anonymousreply 62January 17, 2018 4:39 PM

I would gladly pay any increased price in whatever if it meant that the low wage, no benefit workforce had every protection given to a US citizen, and that will only happen if the workforce is US citizens. Right now farm labors are working under conditions that citizens would not tolerate. Farm laborers are being poisoned so you can have cheap avocados, r60.

by Anonymousreply 63January 17, 2018 4:42 PM

Oh no! What will the SJW's do if they can't afford their precious avocado toast?!!

by Anonymousreply 64January 17, 2018 4:52 PM

As long as they keep them out of 10 Gracie Square I don't give a fig if New Jersey takes all of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 17, 2018 4:56 PM

[quote]If Marie Antoinette were a millennial, this is something she would have said.

Marie Antoinette was decapitated for trying to make war against the people of France. One day those US leaders who undermine the US citizenry may meet a similar fate.

by Anonymousreply 66January 17, 2018 5:43 PM

I guarantee that if the same number of people came into the US from Quebec illegally, most Americans would be pissed.

The US Left has been brainwashed by the 1%, using the all powerful world "racism" to gladly accept the loss of living standards and wages that comes when cheap labor can cross borders.

And R58, many Blacks the ones who are paying the price for illegal immigration.

[quote]

Black workers in Los Angeles face a 'jobs crisis,' UCLA report says March 2017 Black people living in Los Angeles County have been more likely than the rest of the population to remain unemployed or to drop out of the workforce altogether in the wake of the 2007-09 recession, according to a new report conducted by UCLA. Construction has offered a lot of new jobs to Angelenos over the last several decades, but those positions don’t seem to be going to black workers. There were 7,012 black workers in construction in 2014, 2,000 fewer than there were in 1980, according to census data analyzed by UCLA.

That 23% drop compares with an overall increase of 120,840 construction workers of all races during those 34 years, or 80%.

Those new jobs aren’t going to white workers, either. There were nearly 40,000 fewer white construction workers in Los Angeles in 2014 compared with 1980, a decline of about 40%.

Latinos, however, have significantly upped their representation. There were more than 185,000 Latino construction workers in Los Angeles in 2014, five times as many as there were in 1980.

Manufacturing has been slashing jobs in the county over the last three decades. The number of black and white Angelenos in manufacturing declined by the same rate — about 77% — from 1980 to 2014. Latinos also lost some ground, but their ranks shrank by only 5% over the same period.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 17, 2018 5:45 PM

[quote]One day those US leaders who undermine the US citizenry may meet a similar fate.

The US citizenry voted for them. You break it, you bought it.

by Anonymousreply 68January 17, 2018 5:49 PM

[quote]I guarantee that if the same number of people came into the US from Quebec illegally, most Americans would be pissed.

Now that is the funniest thing I've read all week.

by Anonymousreply 69January 17, 2018 5:50 PM

Yes, we would be pissed, R69, by anyone who wants to get the milk for free without buying the proverbial cow.

by Anonymousreply 70January 17, 2018 6:14 PM

a. I'm sure that most Americans wouldn't count a white lesbian landscaper as vox populi;

b. Immigrants who risk their lives to work in landscaping, meat packing and agriculture for peanuts are most certainly not "getting the milk for free".

by Anonymousreply 71January 17, 2018 6:26 PM

"Risk their lives" --LMAO.

Their lives and $$ are 1000% better than they were in Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 72January 17, 2018 7:09 PM

Does he wear dentures?

by Anonymousreply 73January 17, 2018 7:19 PM

Sanctuarial Services sounds like Murphy works at a funeral home.

by Anonymousreply 74January 17, 2018 7:21 PM

A brief summary of the conversation thus far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 17, 2018 7:21 PM

[quote]"Risk their lives" --LMAO.

"I'm a white lesbian landscaper" - LMAO.

by Anonymousreply 76January 17, 2018 7:25 PM

[quote]Their lives and $$ are 1000% better than they were in Mexico.

Oh honey, "white" "lesbian" "landscaper":

If you're trying to make a case that Americans would hate white undocumented immigrants just as much, you might want to rethink your assumption that immigrants are all Mexican.

Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 77January 17, 2018 7:42 PM

Phil Murphy looks like Fire Marshall Bill.

by Anonymousreply 78January 18, 2018 12:22 AM

In all seriousness, do the social justice warriors on this thread want the US to have open borders?

How do you think your average white cubegay would fare in this brave new world?

Pp

by Anonymousreply 79January 18, 2018 12:29 AM

R73 Not sure, but if he does, he should be entitled to a full refund.

by Anonymousreply 80January 18, 2018 12:48 AM

[quote] Ozone layer is the one climate issue that was fixed due to banning CFCs.

Fixed?! LMAO!!!

by Anonymousreply 81January 18, 2018 1:08 AM

The social justice warriors around here are really good at screaming RACIST!

But not so good at explaining what exactly they WANT in terms of immigration control.

Do you seriously think you and the people you love would make out ok if anyone who wanted could stream in here?

by Anonymousreply 82January 18, 2018 1:25 AM

You're right R82. They're good at ranting, hating and making endless threads about Trump-trivia.

But they refuse to look any alternatives, they refuse to answer any questions as to why they're so jealous.

I can only conclude they're Losers on Welfare.

by Anonymousreply 83January 18, 2018 1:44 AM

Here's what we want.....

A continuation of the policies and procedures begun during Obama-era.

Continue with restricted immigration, vetting as needed.

Protect Dreamers/DACA.

Deportation of violent offenders.

A TRUE path to citizenship.

Be an example to the rest of the world in giving ALL people dignity and respect.

And finally, for all bigots to go suck an egg.

See? Easy peasy, cunts.

by Anonymousreply 84January 18, 2018 2:05 AM

R2 sad it all.

by Anonymousreply 85January 18, 2018 2:10 AM

I'd rather have what Canada has, which is where we were heading with a merit based system. I would also like to see a larger guest worker program for farm laborers that comes with protection from abusive employers and healthcare benefits. I would also do away with the HB visa program. Corporations can fill those jobs with citizens, they just want cheap labor. I would also offer a more simplified path to citizenship for those who are already here.

by Anonymousreply 86January 18, 2018 2:12 AM

I love the story how David Tepper's move from New Jersey to Florida blew a hold in NJ's state budget. It's crazy to have a system that depends on a small number of rich people to fund the state government. It's not clear why any millionaire or billionaire would live in New Jersey, of all places. It will be fun to see if there is an increased exodus from NJ to tax friendly states.

by Anonymousreply 87January 18, 2018 2:22 AM

Sooooo... open borders then. Open borders with deportation of only those who commit violent crimes.

So anything goes, really.

by Anonymousreply 88January 18, 2018 2:53 AM

[quote]Reconfirm to the rest of the world that, like Western Europe, Americans are fools who don't care about protecting their citizens, borders or sovereignty.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 89January 18, 2018 3:25 AM

R88 This woman (named Tashfeen Malik) just LOVES Open Borders.

She could kill 14 infidels for having the audacity of asking a good Muhammudan like her to a heathen Christmas worship-party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 18, 2018 3:30 AM

That's an awful picture in the First Post.

That old man looks like—

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 18, 2018 3:38 AM

The biggest mistake the West made was introducing modern medicine to 3rd-world countries. Instead of 70% dying before their 5th birthday, they survive and contribute to overpopulation, one of the main reasons for the on-going invasion from overcrowded, dysfunctional/failed societies.

by Anonymousreply 92January 18, 2018 3:40 AM

The second biggest mistake the West made was giving food to 3rd-world countries.

They started to invade the rest of the world

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 18, 2018 3:53 AM

America is a big fat land rich in resources. Attractive to all.

If you throw open the door to anyone, and deport no one, how do you keep what you got for your own people?

by Anonymousreply 94January 18, 2018 4:45 AM

[quote]In all seriousness, do the social justice warriors on this thread want the US to have open borders?

Try to not name-call while asking a serious question and we might just answer it.

And does the door have to be completely bolted shut or completely wide open? Aren't there some options, you know, in between? Some kind of policy that doesn't sentence people to getting killed the moment they're shipped back home? (cf Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador)

by Anonymousreply 95January 18, 2018 8:10 AM

[quote]Sooooo... open borders then. Open borders with deportation of only those who commit violent crimes.

Reading comprehension much? A continuation of Obama-era policies would be nothing of the sort.

by Anonymousreply 96January 18, 2018 8:12 AM

Dude R96. The "Obama-era" has finished. The people wanted him OUT.

Obama was the idiot who released that loony transvestite traitor.

by Anonymousreply 97January 18, 2018 8:25 AM

So basically anyone who can get in cannot be deported? Overstay a tourist visa -- cant be deported? Sneak In -- cant be deported? Isn't that open borders?

by Anonymousreply 98January 19, 2018 2:23 AM

Now they want to hand Jersey driver's licenses out to illegals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 19, 2018 2:26 AM

The comment section is boiling with rage. I don't think Phil Murphy gets how this enrages deplorables.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100January 27, 2018 5:31 PM

Hey Phil, if you need staff for that office, I'm free.

by Anonymousreply 101January 27, 2018 5:36 PM

[quote]It will be fun to see if there is an increased exodus from NJ to tax friendly states.

Of course there will be. New Hampshire and Connecticut have already seen drops in population. North Carolina seems to be one of the preferred states for liberals to move to.

The problem is that all the smart liberals move out of the state and leave all the dummies behind. So then dummies run for office and win and we end up with people like Bernie Sanders going to Congress.

by Anonymousreply 102January 27, 2018 5:45 PM

Phil Murphy kind of annoys me.

He spent 30 years plundering the fucking planet at Goldman Sachs, and now wants to save the world.

It is admirable but he is listening too much to Deep State Democrats and not listening to the ordinary men and women of the state.

He treats his own constituents like.an afterthought.

by Anonymousreply 103January 27, 2018 5:56 PM

[quote] Just another Russian troll who was wondering which laws Amerikanski lib dems get to pick and choose to ignore.

Fify

by Anonymousreply 104January 27, 2018 6:10 PM

[quote] It is admirable but he is listening too much to the imaginary Deep State Democrats we've made up and spread all over the net as if they're real. We do it to spread fear and prejudice in the US. It's worked well for us so far.

by Anonymousreply 105January 27, 2018 6:12 PM

New Jersey people like their Goldman Sachs people. They elected Jon Corzine, who was a dipshit. While governor, he was hurt in an accident for not wearing a seat belt. So he put tight restrictions on seat belt wearing in NJ. It wasn't an issue until it happened to him.

by Anonymousreply 106January 27, 2018 6:29 PM

Tearing families apart is shameful and not the way to go about this. Most of these people were in the process of getting everything legalized and did not have a criminal record, were heads of households, employed full time. Many of the wives/mothers and children left behind are eligible for welfare, food stamps and Section 8 housing now that their main source of income is gone.

If I were one of these fathers, or anyone about to be deported to Mexico for that matter, I would fly one-way to Mexico before I would allow them to drag me off like a rabid, predatory animal roaming the streets stalking out their prey, and abuse me in front of my shocked and horrified family. Here is what one article said that illustrates my point: "Undocumented immigrants can languish in abominable detention centers for months or even years."

It also stated that they are abused by ICE officials who charge at them as if they committed a felony; murder, bank robbery, B&E, rape, etc. They said you fear for your life the moment you are confronted and every moment thereafter because they have the power to do anything they want and they abuse that power horribly. The people they round up are treated worse than criminals. The deplorables are an accessory to these crimes against families and humanity. They voted in a monster.

by Anonymousreply 107January 27, 2018 8:09 PM

Jersey PAC Vows to Fight Murphy’s Plan to Provide Free Legal Aid to Illegal Immigrants

January 26, 2018, 4:25 pm |

Jersey PAC Vows to Fight Murphy’s Plan to Provide

Free Legal Aid to Illegal Immigrants

(Wayne, NJ) The New Jersey Organization For Economic Growth rejects the proposal by Gov. Phil Murphy to create a program to use taxpayer money to provide legal help to illegal immigrants and says it will mount a citizens petition campaign to oppose the governor’s plan.

The new governor wants to create yet another agency — the Office of Immigrant Protection. It would fall within the Department of Law and Public Safety and it would provide legal representation to illegals.

“It is a slap in the face of law abiding, hard working men and women in New Jersey – many of whom cannot afford legal services for themselves — to be forced to fund a government agency that gives free legal aid to non citizens,” said Joseph Caruso, the NJOEG chairman.

“The governor is pandering to the extreme element in his party that want to not only to make New Jersey a sanctuary state, but to give illegals driver’s licenses and free legal aid so they can fight federal immigration laws. This is beyond absurd,” added Alex Cucciniello the Executive Director of OEG.

According to the Federation for American Immigration reform, 372,000 people live in New Jersey illegally and they cost state taxpayers in excess of $2.1 billion dollars annually for health, schooling and incarceration services.

“Spending taxpayer money to help people who entered our country illegally to further evade the law is the wrong priority for New Jersey,” added Caruso. “The state is beset with many problems: high taxes, unmanageable public sector pension and benefits costs, the overregulation of businesses and the flight of talented Millennials. The administration should be focusing on those core issues.”

Caruso noted that the Murphy administration’s free legal aid proposal for people who entered the country illegally is a slap in the face for the state’s struggling legal residents.

More than 10.4 percent of the state’s residents, over 915,000 people currently live below the poverty line, according to talkpoverty.org and the U.S. Census Bureau. Over 5 percent of our citizens are unemployed and more startling, 11.1 percent of the state’s population suffered from hunger and food insecurity at some point during the year.

“The governor should be focusing on addressing the problems that already exist in New Jersey – he shouldn’t be creating new ones,” added Cucciniello.

“The governor wants to make New Jersey a sanctuary state, give illegal immigrants driver’s licenses and free legal counseling. The consequences of those initiatives will be to make New Jersey a magnet for many more illegal immigrants.

“And who will bear the cost of the governor’s absurd plans? The hardworking legal residents of this state, that’s who,” added Cucciniello.

Chairman Caruso announced that since the Murphy Administration intends to proceed with this insane agenda on tax payer funded programs for illegal aliens, the OEG will immediately begin a petition drive show Gov. Murphy and his administration that they are out of step with the rest of the state.

“We cannot allow the governor to fundamentally change the character and quality of life in our state without a response. We will seek the signatures of 915,000 New Jerseyans — the same number of people that live below the poverty line — to make it clear where the people of this state stand on this issues, I will fight for all of our citizens, especially those less fortunate living below the poverty line” said Caruso.

Those who wish to assist NJOEG in volunteering for the petition drive can email the organization at info@njoeg.com. Those who can make a financial contribution to the effort please visit the NJOEG website at www.njoeg.com.

by Anonymousreply 108January 28, 2018 7:41 PM

[quote] If I were one of these fathers, or anyone about to be deported to Mexico for that matter, I would fly one-way to Mexico before I would allow them to drag me off

That's what we all hope.

by Anonymousreply 109January 28, 2018 7:49 PM

R40 the problem is that most "middle-class" Americans are actually working-class. They don't fit the profile you describe. They live paycheck-to-paycheck.

They are more like the family depicted in "Roseanne" rather than the ones depicted in "Modern Family".

They don't regularly go out to restaurants or hire people to do things for them.

by Anonymousreply 110January 28, 2018 8:30 PM

What R110 said.

by Anonymousreply 111January 30, 2018 10:46 PM

[quote] Now they want to hand Jersey driver's licenses out to illegals.

Step 2. All those who hold a driver's license automatically registered to vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 30, 2018 11:00 PM

Clearly.

by Anonymousreply 113February 5, 2018 1:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!