Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘California Country’ Singer Turns Ballad Into Heartbreaking Plea For Queer Inclusion

With “Boy Goin’ Nowhere,” Brandon Stansell recalls his coming out struggles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2018 2:46 AM

Nice, but who is the audience for gay country songs?

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2018 7:20 AM

Everything from Huffpost is about whining self-absorbed attention whores.

This kid says "I’m really proud of the person I am,”

"I want to make music, and I want people to like it"

"I have a strong passion for advocacy, and I want music to be the platform that gets me there.”

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2018 7:34 AM

This self-absorbed attention whore also sells T-shirts for $24, singlets for $27 and hoods for $45.

A capitalistic self-absorbed attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2018 7:38 AM

HuffPost is being homophobic as usual...

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2018 7:40 AM

HuffPost seems to have "hired" the bottom of the barrel for "Queer" coverage. I wouldn't be surprised if the "writers" are paid nothing OR pay HuffPost. The level of talent + intellect that passes for publication these days. It's all very depressing and I'm only 55 years old.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2018 7:42 AM

STFU with this "queer" nonsense Huff post

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2018 8:32 AM

Why, he could be the next Steve Grand!

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2018 9:56 AM

He might even grow up to be the President of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2018 10:33 AM

How is Huff Post being homophobic? They are one of the biggest supporters of queer rights/queer interest stories out there.

As for this guy, while country music isn't my thing, he's very hot and spreading a great message with his music. I wish him lots of success.

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2018 11:00 AM

I have no fucking sympathy when 95% of gay men happily indulge in spewing a constant water cannon of vitriol at women and trans people.

You cannot ask for equality on one hand and discriminate on the other.

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2018 11:03 AM

I only see trans people trying to rewrite history and forcing gays to shut the fuck up and be subservient. Whatever. There's a niche for everyone. And fuck you all who criticize an artist for making money to survive. God forbid he gets money out of his sweat to pay his bills, right? Do you guys live off air? Huffpost was founded by a bearding lady to a gay guy, what did you expect?

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2018 11:12 AM

He's certainly not hiding his sexuality, based on this music video. I don't know how that's going to work for him in the country genre, but I wish him the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2018 11:48 AM

[quote]Why, he could be the next Steve Grand!

Or Josey Greenwell / Nate Green!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2018 11:57 AM

(R11) I seem to recall your very same hate speech rhetoric being used by the Christian Right to repress gay people... Something to the effect of:

'We need to stop this GAY AGENDA which is damaging the fabric of society. It's gotten to the point where gays have got more rights than decent heterosexual people. I do not want their depraved lifestyle choice rammed down our throats' etc etc.

You get the picture?

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2018 12:03 PM

R14 = False equivalence.

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2018 12:06 PM

R5 You're right about HuffPost.

Huffpost "Queer" coverage is contributed by amateurs who push their own agenda or commercial product. The HuffPost owners don't care because they just want clickbait and advertisers.

This singer is the commercial face for a commercial product. They sells their products using some unbelievable tearjerking story to get free editorial publicity instead of spending money on advertising.

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2018 11:28 PM

Hillbillies will forgive a lot if the person is rich.

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2018 2:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!