Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Couples or Families That Share an Email Address....

Bug the hell out of me.... why is that?

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2018 12:11 AM

Because you'll never know what it feels like to be part of a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2018 1:25 AM

I only know of one couple who does that and they are in a codependent relationship (and they admit it). They are nice people, though.

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2018 1:27 AM

One of them was caught cheating and can no longer be trusted alone. That’s what I see when I see joint Facebook accounts.

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2018 1:29 AM

They’re swingers!

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2018 1:30 AM

How do each of them know what is spam and what isn't? I would be afraid my spouse would delete something I want to see. Do these people go through their emails together?

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2018 2:02 AM

Why does it bother you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2018 2:09 AM

Ugh, I know. I'm volunteering on this community thing , and the woman who is in charge has one of those "______Family@" emails. The problem is, when it's pops up in a recipient's email, it shows up her husband's first and last name--which happens to also be my first name! It's been very confusing trying to figure out what's up, especially in Gmail chains. Just get an email. It takes all of 2 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2018 2:53 AM

They're operating on a landline telephone mentality: one phone number for everybody in the household. I can see how couples and families shared email addresses in the 90s out of habit for sharing a telephone line. Why anybody younger than 60 would do that in 2018 is unnecessary and demonstrates that somebody can't be trusted and/or somebody "doesn't do email" so their partner handles it for them, or people want to advertise their relationship status or, or...

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2018 3:00 AM

R6 has a shared email obviously.

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2018 12:43 PM

Someone in the family is a control freak.

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2018 1:10 PM

Because they respect and trust each other and you don't respect anyone.

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2018 1:27 PM

Shitty assholes

by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2018 1:28 PM

when people started getting emails in the 1990's, I shared an email with my bf at the time. Then life got more complicated and everything was communicated via email. That's when we got separate emails.

by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2018 2:35 PM

My parents do this. They’re in their 80s. I should be happy they use email at all.

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2018 3:12 PM

I have a shared e-mail address with my husband that goes through our ISP and sends e-mails to our main PC. We check those e-mails every day, and a lot of them concern things like utilities, internet shopping and family-related communication that it makes sense for us to share. It's also super-useful because it connects to the joint Outlook calendar we maintain on the PC, so each of us can send and input appointments and we'll both see them and plan accordingly.

We don't really have secrets from one another, but we do each have a separate gmail address for things that only affect one of us (old friends, school reunions, etc.). I also have a couple of burner e-mail accounts that I use for unofficial things.

So we've got everything covered, and it works great.

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2018 3:37 PM

Once I found AOL Men4Men, I needed a separate email from the rest of my family...

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2018 4:01 PM

What about those weirdos who share a facebook account? In fact, the crazy parents with the 13 kids chained to a bed are an excellent example: they were on facebook as David-Louise Turpin.

by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2018 4:04 PM

My guess is those couples who appear to share a Facebook account are really just one person who wants to project to his/her friends that s(he) is in a wonderful relationship but in fact the partner never even looks at Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2018 12:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!