Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tater Tot

Breakfast Casserole

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2018 12:27 PM

Ingredients

12 ounces ground pork breakfast sausage

6 ounces (1 1/2 cups) shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra to sprinkle over top

8 large eggs

1/2 cup (whole) milk

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

One 32-ounce bag frozen tater tots

Thinly sliced chives, for serving

Special equipment:

12-inch cast iron skillet, or other oven-safe skillet

Method

1 Preheat the oven to 350˚F.

2 Cook the sausage: Warm a 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium heat, and add the sausage. Cook, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the pan from heat.

3 Assemble the casserole: Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.

Spread the sausage into an even layer over the bottom of the skillet. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese, and pour the egg mixture over the top.

Arrange the frozen tater tots over the egg mixture in concentric circles, starting with a row around the rim of the pan and working your way in, or vice versa. (You won't use the entire bag; reserve remaining tater tots for another use.)

4 Bake the casserole. Bake until the eggs have fully set and the cheese has melted, 35 to 40 minutes. If desired, sprinkle some additional cheese over top and bake an extra minute or two, until the cheese has melted.

5 Serve: Let the casserole cool slightly before cutting into wedges. Sprinkle with some sliced chives and serve. Leftovers will keep for about 5 days.

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2018 1:01 AM

Pineapple Casserole

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2018 1:02 AM

Tasteful Friends may clutch their pearls but the tater tot thing sounds mighty tasty.

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2018 1:06 AM

Did I reach the gay Mormon website by mistake?

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2018 1:07 AM

The OP just got me moist.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2018 1:09 AM

That sounds like so much work and clean-up, r1. I'll just walk over to The Hollywood Diner on Sixth for scrambled eggs, sausage and home fries.

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2018 1:15 AM

Love the final touch of the "Thinly sliced chives" as if that makes it classy.

It's a tater tot hotdish in a cast iron skillet. Eat it. Enjoy it. But don't kid yourself.

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2018 1:39 AM

I kind of don't get the point of this one-- the tater tots are on the bottom will get all soggy and blend together -- why bother using them if they're not going to be crisp?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2018 2:14 AM

I had to Google tater tots.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2018 12:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!