Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do men like mean women?

I know so many very nice guys who are WHIPPED and brow-beaten by their wives. They need to check in with their wives before they go anywhere or do anything. Excuses for not being able to hang out include "I promised my wife I'd do some chores" etc. Why do men choose to become henpecked? What is appealing about this scenario? Enlighten me DL.

by Anonymousreply 49January 18, 2018 6:16 PM

You've never been in a relationship, have you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1January 16, 2018 11:41 PM

They marry Mom.

by Anonymousreply 2January 16, 2018 11:44 PM

Gay couples do this too. Not all of them thank god. Lesbian couples often seem ruled by some unspeakable tyrannies.

by Anonymousreply 3January 16, 2018 11:46 PM

One "nice" guy I know likes his "mean" wife because she bluntly says and does all the crap that he'd like to do but doesn't because he's attached to his "good guy" reputation.

by Anonymousreply 4January 16, 2018 11:47 PM

Why do you care what straight people do. You gay?

by Anonymousreply 5January 16, 2018 11:48 PM

Exactly r4. They blame the wife because they don't want to be direct. Instead of saying "I don't want to go or hang out, I just want to sit at home and drink beer" they say "the wife needs me at home". Don't be fooled. There's nothing straight guys like more than slopping around the house, drinking beer, getting stoned and watching tv.

by Anonymousreply 6January 16, 2018 11:51 PM

Mommy complex.

I work with a guy who is so pussy whipped even the other straight guys mock him to his face. What's sad is he's become an unnecessary workaholic just to avoid her. But at the same time he seems to take a perverse pride in what a shrew she is and how she regards him as an incompetent child.

But like I said, even the other straight guys mock him both to his face and behind his back they say he needs to see a shrink.

by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2018 11:52 PM

He might be asking based on concern for loved ones, like siblings, r5.

by Anonymousreply 8January 16, 2018 11:52 PM

Why do you care what straight people do, r6?

by Anonymousreply 9January 16, 2018 11:52 PM

They marry bitched so they don't feel guilty cheating.

by Anonymousreply 10January 16, 2018 11:53 PM

It makes them feel heterosexual, OP- "straight". If he has a strong woman beside him then he's not a fag.

by Anonymousreply 11January 16, 2018 11:53 PM

Because bitches have a radar for these nice guys and tie them down fast, while the nice and self sacrificing women end up with the assholes and abusers

by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2018 11:56 PM

To add to R4, friends and relatives of the "nice" husband will try to blame the wife because they can't face the fact that their "nice" guy is married to a "bitch" because that's exactly the type of woman he sought out. They can't bring themselves to acknowledge that the "nice" husband privately approves of the way that his "mean" wife speaks to them and acts towards them. Sometimes, it's because they can't see or won't see that their "nice" guy isn't so nice.

by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2018 11:58 PM

Some of these "nice" guys are actually passive-aggressive types if you get to know them well. The mean wife helps them to expressive the aggressive side.

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2018 12:01 AM

well?

by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2018 12:49 AM

Treat him mean, to keep him keen.

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2018 12:54 AM

R14 hits the nail on the head

by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2018 1:11 AM

Why do gay men like mean men?

by Anonymousreply 18January 17, 2018 1:37 AM

[quote]There's nothing straight guys like more than slopping around the house, drinking beer, getting stoned and watching tv.

Right. A lot of straight guys are profoundly lazy and don't want to think too hard. They welcome being told what to do and where to go and how to do it.

by Anonymousreply 19January 17, 2018 5:34 AM

R4 I completely agree. Whenever I see this in any type of relationship that is what I figure is going on. The "nice" person has a "junk yard guard dog" person do all their dirty work for them.

by Anonymousreply 20January 17, 2018 5:42 AM

Jesus. My landlord's wife is the textbook ball busting, controlling bitch. He's 70 and she's 66 and she STILL thinks everyone wants her man. Believe me, he's no looker, but he is the very definition of cuckold. If he has to do anything in my apartment or needs to talk about an issue she stands in the hallway and then calls him like a kid to come along. If we are talking on the phone she's in the background telling him to hang up. Yes, I'm female but I'm no spring chicken myself. Women like this are an embarrassment to themselves but the embarrassment their men endure is painful to watch. For fucks sake man up!

by Anonymousreply 21January 17, 2018 5:54 AM

Plenty of men lie about their wives, especially those who don't want to piss off their mates when they don't feel like hanging out with them. Unless you live with them, you don't know how their relationship really is behind closed doors. Also, plenty of men use their friend's wife/girlfriend as the scapegoat/punch bag when they're pissed off with their mate, but don't want to risk losing their friendship. All women have experienced the accusations of keeping their boyfriend/husband "under the thumb" because he couldn't be bothered to ring his mates back or hang out with them etc. It's fucking cowardly.

by Anonymousreply 22January 17, 2018 5:57 AM

R4 is correct, my parents were exactly like that! Passive-aggressive father who was thought of as a "nice guy" by everyone who didn't live with him, raging bitch mother.

Of course there's more to it. Some guys blame their wives for things they don't want to take responsibility for, as others have said, and other straight men are so fucking mentally lazy that they use their wives to do everything they don't feel like doing - from raising the kids to dealing with their own families to deciding all thorny moral questions. If they just want to drink beer and watch sports, they'll use their wives as a sort of external conscience, or superego, as well as a maid.

by Anonymousreply 23January 17, 2018 6:51 AM

Some guys like to date mean women for a very simple reason - they don't have to be nice to them. They can be their own nasty selves around a real bitch, they can stop pretending to be nice.

by Anonymousreply 24January 17, 2018 6:57 AM

I love how gay men think they know how straight men think or feel yet can't understand themselves or other gays well enough to be in a relatiinship.

by Anonymousreply 25January 17, 2018 7:09 AM

Because many men just think this is the way it is.

Most women are bitchy, and most men want to be 'normal' and marry a woman, therefore, many men end up with bitchy women.

The women know there partners will put up with it, because this is 'just they way it is', so they continue to be harpees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 17, 2018 8:04 AM

R21, cuckold means she is cheating on him.

by Anonymousreply 27January 17, 2018 8:25 AM

Yes r25. You straight chicks know so much better.

by Anonymousreply 28January 17, 2018 8:26 AM

R21, "cuckold" does not mean what you apparently think it means. Look it up.

You mean "scold".

by Anonymousreply 29January 17, 2018 8:27 AM

How many times are we going to do this thread?

by Anonymousreply 30January 17, 2018 8:28 AM

As often as it takes r30.

by Anonymousreply 31January 17, 2018 8:32 AM

Boy, are you fags a bunch of dumb fucks.

by Anonymousreply 32January 17, 2018 8:33 AM

More misogyny...

Not all women are the same OP.

And more fool the men who accept being treated badly in the first place.

I'm guessing this warped dynamic comes from a fear of intimacy that many men have. The bad treatment they receive from their women is a buffer against true intimacy.

They crave intimacy, but they destroy it when they get close to it. I'm guessing that's it's a misogyny thing where they conflate being in love with being held hostage and defeated.

The men are at fault here.

Demand to be treated with respect, male or female, gay or straight. (or trans.)

by Anonymousreply 33January 17, 2018 12:27 PM

Yeah, I meant henpecked. I've got Bannon on the brain; Sometimes I wonder if he cheated on his first wife with the current wife which is why she is so afraid that he might leave her for another woman. Or he cheated on HER and she will never, ever let him forget. It's tiresome having to deal with her insecurities because it makes it difficult to even discuss any work that is needed in my apartment. And as you can imagine, very little gets done because of her behavior. I think it's a form of mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2018 11:15 AM

i am a skinny gay guy. white.

why do large pudgy african american women want to be with me?

theyr hella fun, i enjoy their company, and taking non sexual trips with them...

by Anonymousreply 35January 18, 2018 11:17 AM

You're non-threatening honey.

Straight men like to be dominated.

by Anonymousreply 36January 18, 2018 11:46 AM

I know of at least four gay couples where one partner has to constantly answer to the 'mean' partner.

by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2018 12:03 PM

Oh goody. Another thinly veiled "I hate my mommy" thread. We haven't had one of these in days. Sometimes you boys live up to every stereotype known to man. Maybe if you gays could work out your emotional conflicts with your mommies, you'd be better adjusted and come to see that women are not the enemy.

by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2018 12:19 PM

If I find myself being asked to justify/excuse your behavior more than a few times, I know we'll have a good time.

by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2018 1:03 PM

Most so called “nice” guys aren’t nice at all.

by Anonymousreply 40January 18, 2018 1:09 PM

Judging by all the love for Joan Rivers, Joan Crawford and Betty Davis on this site, I'd say that gay men certainly like mean women.

by Anonymousreply 41January 18, 2018 1:10 PM

r40: misandrist

by Anonymousreply 42January 18, 2018 1:12 PM

I don't particularly care to be in the company of women. In fact, I avoid their company like the plague. The truth is that most women and lesbians are battle-axes.

by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2018 1:20 PM

They are not really nice guys, they're usually assholes underneath that a normal nice woman would discard very fast. I've seen it happen. The two people are somehow on the same level. And the guys usually can't form a proper intimate relationship.

by Anonymousreply 44January 18, 2018 1:21 PM

Why are gay guys so mean to one another and so covetous and unduly worshipping of straight men? People often do things that are contrary to their own best interests for reasons unknown to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 45January 18, 2018 1:26 PM

OP, they just don't want to hang out. They rather put it on the wife rather than just tell his dude bros, he had enough drinking for the week or the idea of the shit they want to do bores or doesn't interest him.

by Anonymousreply 46January 18, 2018 1:39 PM

"Most so called “nice” guys aren’t nice at all. "

Ain't it the truth? Most "nice guys" are people who just don't have the nerve to be as bad as they'd secretly like to be. I suppose we should be grateful that they cope with their suppressed rage by marrying some beyotch who'll say the horrible things they'd like to say, without those beyotches to release their anger there might be more workplace mass shootings.

by Anonymousreply 47January 18, 2018 5:53 PM

^Well, look who thinks she knows what makes straight guys tick. Bless your little heart, r47.

by Anonymousreply 48January 18, 2018 6:08 PM

What's a dudero?

by Anonymousreply 49January 18, 2018 6:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!