Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Help DL! I Have a Printer Label Problem. Does Anyone Make this Type of Label Anymore?

I want to print only one mailing/shipping label at a time. The label will go on a 10 x 13 envelope and roughly needs to be 3 × 4. There is only one label per sheet of light cardstock that is the size of a #10 business envelope. Avery says they have nothing like this at all and were very frauish to me. I also couldn't find anything like this on the net. I jad an ols job a few years ago and we used these all the time.

by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2018 6:51 PM

sux 2 B U

by Anonymousreply 1January 16, 2018 10:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 16, 2018 11:08 PM

I just print it on a plain piece of paper, cut it out and tape it on the envelope.

by Anonymousreply 3January 16, 2018 11:13 PM

Avery 5164 labels are 3 1/3" x 4", but they're six to a sheet. I'm not sure how that would work if you're only printing one address label at a time, unless you copy/paste the text for a single label into the upper left (or whatever label prints first) of the Word template. It has been many years since I had to make labels that way.

Are these address labels for addresses only, or are you buying postage online and generating a label with a barcode?

If you're buying your postage online for a package, you can get save it as a .pdf and print a 4" x 6" label on Avery 18126. Bigger than your original label, but it won't look odd on a 10x13 envelope. This will enable you to print one at a time. The sheets are perforated, so you can tear them in half and only print the label part, not the extra stuff that's on the bottoms of PayPal labels. That is what I do. Saving each label as a .pdf means that I have a reference for the shipment/address that I can get to offline if I need to do so.

by Anonymousreply 4January 16, 2018 11:13 PM

Can't you type the 1 address on the template, and feed the multi-label sheet into the printer and it will print the one label. Save the sheet for the next time and type the address into the proper frame.

Ah, duh.

by Anonymousreply 5January 16, 2018 11:14 PM

Do you know how to use a writing pen, OP?

by Anonymousreply 6January 16, 2018 11:16 PM

You don't need a label template to print a label.

Open Word, Go to "Layout", then "Size", then "More Sizes", then, in "Paper Setup", go to the "Paper" tab, and enter your custom dimensions in the field.

by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2018 11:49 PM

Go to a thrift store or flea market and buy a typewriter. Or a pen.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2018 1:06 AM

Uh oh Hillary's got a new PAC and money is tight so she dragging down old shit from the attic.

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2018 1:36 AM

No one could possibly be this inept and stupid.

Use the Avery Template specific to their numbered label. Each template will have the same layout as the label sheet. Type the address into the template corresponding to the unused label on the sheet. Feed the label sheet into the printer and push print.

If only there were a way to learn information - perhaps if there were some sort of network of computers where you could use some type of program to search them for answers to questions. But, I suppose that's just science fiction fantasy stuff.

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2018 3:03 AM

I know that I could just feed a single sheet of say six labels into the printer and just type/print on one of them. Duh. I just like the old product which I am trying to find better for whatever psychological reason.

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2018 9:44 PM

OP, change is good. Have some exitement in your life! Be daring! Try a new approach and print it!

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2018 11:03 PM

Thanks guys for trying to help but I still want the one small label to a page product the size of a #10 envelope.

by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2018 6:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!