Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

He's a Brave Man, That Alec: Alec Baldwin Calls "Renunciation" of Woody Allen "Unfair and Sad"

In a series of tweets posted Tuesday, the actor slammed the re-emergence of sexual-abuse allegations against the director, writing, “accusing people of such crimes should be treated carefully.”

After actors Timothee Chalamet and Rebecca Hall pledged to donate their salaries from their work on Woody Allen films to charity in light of the re-emergence of sexual abuse claims against Allen by adopted daughter Dylan Farrow, Alec Baldwin took to Twitter to say that he finds the public disapproval of Allen “unfair and sad.”

In a series of tweets posted Tuesday, Baldwin praised the director, stating that any charges made against Allen by Farrow were never filed. “Woody Allen was investigated forensically by two states (NY and CT) and no charges were filed. The renunciation of him and his work, no doubt, has some purpose. But it’s unfair and sad to me. I worked with WA 3 times and it was one of the privileges of my career,” Baldwin wrote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 30, 2018 12:57 AM

Baldwin argues that sexual abuse complaints should never be dismissed, but he says accusations should also be “treated carefully.” “Is it possible to support survivors of pedophilia and sexual assault/abuse and also believe that WA is innocent? I think so,” Baldwin tweeted. “The intention is not to dismiss or ignore such complaints. But accusing ppl of such crimes should be treated carefully. On behalf of the victims, as well.”

Last year, Baldwin quit using his personal Twitter account after receiving criticism for his opinions on the #MeToo movement. The actor expressed his sympathy for victims, admitting that his “goal is to do better in all things related to gender equality.”

by Anonymousreply 1January 16, 2018 9:11 PM

He's right. Woody Allen was cleared after a lengthy, meticulous investigation by unbiased investigators.

by Anonymousreply 2January 16, 2018 9:13 PM

I'd say Alec is brave. Betting his whole career that neither of Allen's two youngest daughters nor any other girl ever comes forwards with complaints about Allen? That's brave in my book. Oh, and stupid!

by Anonymousreply 3January 16, 2018 9:15 PM

I don't get it. Why does anyone need to "believe" that WA is innocent? If interested, just investigate the story and make your own opinions. I don't believe WA is innocent but that is just my conclusion. Other people can think what they want.

by Anonymousreply 4January 16, 2018 9:17 PM

He should keep his trap shut, especially on this topic. Though he is correct.

by Anonymousreply 5January 16, 2018 9:17 PM

In short believe the victim when the accused is not from the tribe or someone you like Other wise just continue smear capagin against the accused .

by Anonymousreply 6January 16, 2018 9:18 PM

I hope Alec is not a kid creeper himself and he's just trying to insulate himself from future allegations.

by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2018 9:19 PM

He's correct, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 8January 16, 2018 9:20 PM

Like Alec and his wife would leave their daughter alone with Woody. Alec is so fake.

by Anonymousreply 9January 16, 2018 9:22 PM

He's just like Meryl Streep. Praising Weinstein publicly but then privately telling HER daughters to stay away from him.

by Anonymousreply 10January 16, 2018 9:24 PM

Alec is really saying he wants to continue to exercise the male privilege of giving particular pedos and pervs a "pass" when they are someone he likes or admires. Alec doesn't want to be judged! That's the old way of doing things.

Of course, this is a pretty discriminatory practice. You can bet Alec won't be giving a "pass" to some regular Joe.

by Anonymousreply 11January 16, 2018 9:30 PM

Liked this tweet:

Hailey@GracefulTornado Saw Alec Baldwin trending & thought he had died. Turns out he did. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2018 9:43 PM

I suspect Baldwin is sweating that his head is next in line for the chopping block.

by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2018 9:46 PM

another reason to hate this cunt. absolutely fucking HATE him! i have not watched a single thing, not even his trump impressions. I don't give a shit. he is a fucking asshole. and a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2018 9:47 PM

of course he is fake! he is from hollywood! land of bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2018 10:00 PM

Lilliemae really failed with him.

Sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2018 10:10 PM

Believe the victim until the abuser is someone you like/benefit from. Same old. Baldwin has the face of a creep/pedo, too, you just know he cannot keep his sausage fingers to himself either.

by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2018 10:13 PM

Thoughtless little pig.

by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2018 10:14 PM

Time for someone to speak up about Alex. Oh, that's right, his abusive behavior is just generally nasty to everyone. Asshole. He belongs with Woody.

by Anonymousreply 19January 16, 2018 10:18 PM

Another Tweet I like:

@Genghistwelve How's Alec Baldwin going to feel about stars expressing regret for working with Alec Baldwin?

by Anonymousreply 20January 16, 2018 10:22 PM

I forget all the details of my reasoning but I once had to research this case for a job. I read everything, watched all the interviews, read Mia's book. My conclusion for what it is worth was that he had an odd obsession with Dylan and little interest in raising Ronan.

BUT the scenario and details of the supposed time he "penetrated" Dylan just didn't add up. The way Mia and Dylan describe it just didn't seem physically and logistically possible for him to pull off.

Plus I think the fact that Moses (the third minor child at the time) as reconciled with Allen says something about the case. I think Moses is a psychologist or therapist nowadays and supports the idea that Mia overreacted with the Dylan story in revenge for the Soon-Yi betrayal.

by Anonymousreply 21January 16, 2018 10:22 PM

I think Mia is a nutball, but there's enough of the taint wafting off that dick, Woody Allen, for me to think he's too much of an asshole for my measly dollars to support him any further. He has enough and will die soon, anyway. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 22January 16, 2018 10:27 PM

Woody and Mia could both go the fuck away.

by Anonymousreply 23January 16, 2018 10:28 PM

It would be weird if it turns out the truth was that he was grooming her, but hadn't done anything yet. I lean towards believing he did it, myself, and don't really take into account how the other kids act. Maybe Moses didn't want to believe he did it, maybe for whatever reason Ronan did want to. I also think both Mia and Woody are mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 24January 16, 2018 10:38 PM

The last sentence.

by Anonymousreply 25January 16, 2018 10:39 PM

Alec likes to stir things up.

by Anonymousreply 26January 16, 2018 11:36 PM

In a case like this where there is compelling evidence on both sides and no prosecution, I think opinions come down to one's personal life experiences and various subconscious biases. Someone believing Mia doesn't make them noble, and someone believing Woody doesn't make them evil, and vice versa. No one should be angry at someone with a different opinion. A good case can be made for both sides. And they have been.

by Anonymousreply 27January 17, 2018 12:01 AM

As I remember the sexual act supposedly took place when Woody visited Mia's house while officials were there. He supposedly pulled Dylan into an attic room, raped her and then went back out to the rest of the people before anyone noticed she was gone. Allen spoke to 60 Minutes saying there was just no way that that was possible to pull her aside like that rape her so quickly and then return to the other room without anyone noticing.

AND

isn't there a song or something that Dory Previn (the wife of Andre who left her for Mia) wrote describing a rape in an attic?

by Anonymousreply 28January 17, 2018 12:11 AM

here we go: Dory Previn's song with Daddy in the Attic.

Sounds a lot like where Mia got the story from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 17, 2018 12:13 AM

alec baldwin was himself the victim of parental alienation by kim basinger trying to get his daughter to hate him. oh and woody was cleared police claimed accusations were unfounded and the child was coached., and moses just came forward telling his mother used to gaslight and brainwash him. mia is a psycho!

by Anonymousreply 30January 17, 2018 12:17 AM

Alex may have a point but he's picked the wrong person to defend. Woody Allen is very neurotic and continually lusts after teenage girls. In face he even married former lover Mia Farrow's teenage daughter. Now that's creepy.

by Anonymousreply 31January 17, 2018 12:24 AM

WA is weird but that's no crime. He was cleared of the charges years ago. The white elephant in the room is that he took up with his very young step daughter. How long had his fascination with Soon-yi been percolating?

Mia has slid into madness, most likely for not being able to hold a marriage together, but also for losing her man to a much younger woman. Her ego must have been demolished completely.

by Anonymousreply 32January 17, 2018 12:25 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 17, 2018 12:31 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 17, 2018 12:34 AM

Interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 17, 2018 12:37 AM

There's too much smoke and mirrors and deception with Woody Allen. I wouldn't trust him around kids or teenage girls. He's a weird guy that is protected by his status in Hollywood. No thanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 17, 2018 12:43 AM

[quote]The white elephant in the room is that he took up with his very young step daughter.

Soon-yi was never his step daughter. He was never married to Mia Farrow, in fact they never lived together.

Soon-yi is the adopted daughter of Mia Farrow and Andre Previn.

by Anonymousreply 37January 17, 2018 12:47 AM

He’s a disgusting fat homophobic woman hating bastard

by Anonymousreply 38January 17, 2018 12:52 AM

baggy pants club

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 17, 2018 12:55 AM

"He's right. Woody Allen was cleared after a lengthy, meticulous investigation by unbiased investigators."

OJ was cleared after a lengthy and meticulous trial. But people have the right to believe that the jury got it wrong, and they have the right to refuse to work with him. Just like people have the right to refuse to work with Woody Allen. Or do you believe that actors should be held at gunpoint and forced to appear in his films?

by Anonymousreply 40January 17, 2018 12:55 AM

[quote] Woody Allen is very neurotic and continually lusts after teenage girls.

There's a rather big difference between lusting after teenage girls and molesting your 7-year-old daughter, r31.

by Anonymousreply 41January 17, 2018 1:10 AM

[quote] Or do you believe that actors should be held at gunpoint and forced to appear in his films?

No, but they should have the basic decency not to stab him in the back right after working with him.

by Anonymousreply 42January 17, 2018 1:12 AM

No, actors shouldn't be forced to be in his movies, R40, but when has that happened ? And they shouldn't be bullied into not being in them either. I think this is what is happening right now and I find it troubling . Let people decide for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 43January 17, 2018 1:18 AM

Does Woody care what Alec thinks anyway?

by Anonymousreply 44January 17, 2018 1:18 AM

But actors are not being "bullied", R43. They just want to be popular with their fan base like most actors do. Famous actors do things they think will please their fans.

Some even get married and have kids.

by Anonymousreply 45January 17, 2018 1:22 AM

r43, no one is being "bullied" - I find it funny that an Alec Baldwin fan would be concerned about bullying, Alec can be quite the bully himself

by Anonymousreply 46January 17, 2018 1:28 AM

Considering the way Alec was recorded speaking to his own daughter, fuck his fat, saggy, dirty, hairy ass.

It might have been worth putting up with him 30 years ago, but now?

Pig!

by Anonymousreply 47January 17, 2018 1:35 AM

[quote]The white elephant in the room is that he took up with his very young step daughter.

Not to split hairs, but she wasn't his stepdaughter. Mia and Woody never married.

by Anonymousreply 48January 17, 2018 1:35 AM

WTF, R46 ? I'm not an Alec Baldwin fan and I'm not here to defend him !! But for once I agree with him.

Do you think Chalamet and Rebecca Hall would have appologized or given up their pay if it wasn't for the shaming and "judgement circle" ? That, my friend, was not a sudden epiphany on their part, it was a way to make the bullying cease.

R45 has a point, though. Maybe they just crave being with the in crowd.

by Anonymousreply 49January 17, 2018 1:50 AM

Yeah, you're kinda splitting hairs, R48. Many longtime companions who have children (not with each other) and who don't live together (but have the occasional sleepover) consider each other's children their stepchildren. I hear the term used all the time, even by my trifling, ne'er-do-well neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 50January 17, 2018 1:54 AM

R49 they just are doing what they think is popular with their fans. If they thought their fans were okay with Woody Allen they wouldn't apologize.

I don't think their fans are "bullying" them. Their fans are just letting them know what they want in their favorite celebs. That could be anything. Supporting certain causes. Being a good boyfriend/girlfriend. Numerous things.

by Anonymousreply 51January 17, 2018 1:55 AM

I agree with R50. The Allen-Farrow family wasn't conventional in many ways. But for a time they definitely were a family.

by Anonymousreply 52January 17, 2018 1:56 AM

When was the New York magazine cover with Alec Baldwin announcing he was leaving public life? Last year?

by Anonymousreply 53January 17, 2018 2:00 AM

Nevermind, it was 2014.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 17, 2018 2:01 AM

"That, my friend, was not a sudden epiphany on their part, it was a way to make the bullying cease."

I doubt it has to do with "bullying" and more to do with the fact that what we know about Woody has changed (the archive of his writings about teen girls)

by Anonymousreply 55January 17, 2018 2:01 AM

[quote]Mia has slid into madness, most likely for not being able to hold a marriage together, but also for losing her man to a much younger woman.

Um, the 'much younger woman' was her own teenage daughter. Totally gut-wrenching, and gross. And she never spoke to Soon Yi again, so thorough was Allen's manipulation. Their family was completely torn apart. But I guess she should have wiped her tears. stood up straight and sent them a Hallmark card.

[quote]Her soul must have been demolished completely.

Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 56January 17, 2018 2:02 AM

[quote]When was the New York magazine cover with Alec Baldwin announcing he was leaving public life? Last year?

Celebrities continually threaten to leave something, and they never do. They're kind of dumb.

by Anonymousreply 57January 17, 2018 2:02 AM

R54 wasn't he also supposed to leave NYC?

by Anonymousreply 58January 17, 2018 2:03 AM

[quote]But I guess she should have wiped her tears. stood up straight and sent them a Hallmark card.

I doubt anyone in that family wants another card from Mia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 17, 2018 2:04 AM

The Mia camp never replies to what Moses and Soon-Yi have said about Mia. There's no intellectual curiosity on their part whatsoever. The group think is telling. Anyway, this article is very interesting. It gives another side to the story.

Moses: “This, I can speak to with confidence. Mia’s ability and intent to mold her children to do her bidding was matched by her living in constant fear her secrets of abusive parenting would be divulged and the reputation she built as the loving mother of a large brood of adopted kids would be destroyed. My biggest fear was that we would be rejected, excommunicated rather, from her and the family. I lived in constant threat of this happening. As an adopted child, there is no bigger fear than to lose your family.”

Soon-Yi Previn says, “She just liked to pick on people. She chose the easy, vulnerable targets. She had a fierce temper. On one occasion, she kicked me and hit me again and again with the phone. She was always physical and violent with us. I learned to stay away from her and keep in survival mode, but Moses got the brunt by being too innocent, too sweet, to grasp the situation. She was regularly mentally and physically abusive to him.”

Moses believes that in no way did Woody sexually abuse Dylan. The molestation accusation against Woody was “calculated. Mia had a judge who seemed sympathetic to her case, she found a lawyer who helped craft her arguments, she used her influence as a mother over her own children and used it to gain favor in the media.”

He adds, “The instance of Mia telling Woody that she had something planned for him is the way she operated. On the one extreme, she went on uncontrollable rages, but she also made carefully crafted plans. She instilled fear. She demanded obedience. It wasn’t just a few slaps on the cheek but extremely disproportionate actions. Now that I no longer live in fear of her rejection, I am free to share how she cultivated and brainwashed me as she has done with Ronan and Dylan. In 2002, I told Mia I wanted to reach out to Woody. Her initial response was understanding and motherly: ‘I can see you miss having a father, and I’ll support you.’ However, not twenty-four hours later she told me, ‘I forbid you to contact Woody.’” However, he did and they reunited. Farrow has broken off with Moses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 17, 2018 2:13 AM

How does Mia's alleged abuse cancel out Woody's actions, R60? I'm open to hearing Mia was abusive R60 but that in no way cancels out that Woody is a pervy predator. I can believe Dylan and Moses.

by Anonymousreply 61January 17, 2018 2:17 AM

If I remember correctly, R58, Alec threatened to leave the U.S. I'm against violence as the answer to anything but I sure would like to see Alec knocked his ass just one time. He's a bully and a control freak and he deserves to see what it's like.

by Anonymousreply 62January 17, 2018 2:20 AM

R61, the article at R60 describes Mia as manipulative and vengeful, and as someone who intimidated her children, and threatened them into thinking the way she wanted them to. This goes to the possibility that her accusations against Woody began after her threat that she had "something nasty planned" for him, and she lied to avenge what he had just done to her.

by Anonymousreply 63January 17, 2018 2:48 AM

Fine r63, but again as asked, how does Mia's alleged abuse excuse Woody's pervy predatory seduction of her teen daughter? That's on record, not made up 'in Mia's head'. Baldwin is defending Woody in his tweet.

I don't get how Mia is so conniving, so brilliant and manipulative of so many people. So smart she couldn't see Woody seducing away her teen girl under her nose.

by Anonymousreply 64January 17, 2018 3:06 AM

If Woody goes down, then Mia damn well better be there to cushion his fall. How close was she to her pedo brother? Did she actually let him near her own kids?

by Anonymousreply 65January 17, 2018 3:06 AM

People aren't being asked to disavow Woody because of his affair with Soon-Yi, R64, but with his alleged sexual assault of Dylan. The article at R60 discusses the possibility that, given Mia's history with her children, it follows that she may have made up the accusations against Woody and coached Dylan as vengeance for his affair with Soon-Yi. She told Woody, "You took my daughter, now I'm going to take yours." She also told him, "I have something very nasty planned for you".

by Anonymousreply 66January 17, 2018 3:13 AM

What R64 said. That's the crux of it.

by Anonymousreply 67January 17, 2018 3:15 AM

R64 For fucks sake, the point is that Mia's alleged abuse ruined several of her children, if you believe their stories, and contributed to her need to destroy WA with molestation accusations. She (possibly) brainwashed Dylan and Ronan into believing that Woody abused Dylan because of her own abandonment issues (which also coincided with her obsession with adopting kids she couldn't adequately deal with.) What part of the arguments in all these threads do you not get? Even if you son't believe them, which his fine and valid, you have to have read them over and over.

by Anonymousreply 68January 17, 2018 3:22 AM

And as for Soon-Yi, she was of age at the time, or Mia could have prosecuted -- yes or no ?

by Anonymousreply 69January 17, 2018 3:24 AM

I will never believe that Woody Allen is not a pervert, R68. There's literally nothing you can say to make me believe otherwise.

I find it telling that you can't be open at all to the idea that Woody is an abuser while I have no problem being open to the idea that Mia is an abuser.

You are definitely over identifying with Mr. Allen.

by Anonymousreply 70January 17, 2018 3:26 AM

Her words to Woody, imo, weren't all that unusual or out of sorts, given the treachery he'd committed against her and her family. I'm not seeing those words as coming out of the mind of a crazy person from no place. Her devastation was real.

Dylan is a fully grown woman with her own life and agency. She's 32 years old and has eloquently written of her own story, twice. Is she not to be believed? And Ronan who's steadfastly defended his mother and sister. Rhodes scholar, Ivy grad, possibly Pulitzer winner this year. Is he crazy and manipulated? These vs Woody, a filmmaking wonder certainly but one with admitted perverse and predatory ways.

At the very least even if you're inclined to favor Woody, a rationale person would give both sides equal hearing and weight and perhaps take pause.

by Anonymousreply 71January 17, 2018 3:28 AM

I believe that Mia is a borderline personality, and therefore I don't believe her accusations. Of course I understand others who do, but I don't.

by Anonymousreply 72January 17, 2018 3:29 AM

What R71 said. Dylan and Ronan are just as credible as Moses.

by Anonymousreply 73January 17, 2018 3:30 AM

[quote]She (possibly) brainwashed Dylan and Ronan into believing that Woody abused Dylan because of her own abandonment issues (which also coincided with her obsession with adopting kids she couldn't adequately deal with.)

I guess I don't find Mia so brilliant and manipulative on such a wide scale. On one hand her detractors term her batshit crazy, while at the same time so brilliantly conniving she was able to brainwash her obviously intelligent children (Dylan, Ronan and others) into believing a wide ranging pack of lies about their father.

Same father who portrayed himself as a bumbling, innocent nerd (who produces a movie on average every year and has won Oscars) who simply 'fell in love' with her teen daughter, rather than secretly and stealthily seduced her. "The heart wants what it wants!". Sure.

by Anonymousreply 74January 17, 2018 3:36 AM

Mia stole Andre Previn from Dory Previn, who then wrote a song about being wary of young girls who bring flowers of friendship. Mia had been a friend.

by Anonymousreply 75January 17, 2018 3:38 AM

Only sub-mental human beings think Woody Allen did anything to that girl.

by Anonymousreply 76January 17, 2018 3:40 AM

What does that have to do with Woody being a pervert, R75?

by Anonymousreply 77January 17, 2018 3:40 AM

R70 Please follow the conversation. The question was asked, how does Mia's mental illness countteract Woody Allen's abuse? I answered, saying that Mia is purported to be manually unstable, abusive to her children, and therefore her accusations against Allen could be very possibly a concoction of her own problems. Therefore there's no reason to juxtapose her abuse and his abuse -- HIS abuse would be a product of her fevered mind and brainwashing of her children. Now, since I think you're also probably R61 and R64 I dont expect you'll be able to take it all in, and since you say you'll never believe WA "Iis not a pervert," then I guess the conversation is over.

by Anonymousreply 78January 17, 2018 3:41 AM

*mentally unstable* -- sorry, product of electro-shock therapy

by Anonymousreply 79January 17, 2018 3:43 AM

Sure r75. Because the relationship matrix between a young Mia, Andre & 1st wife Dory - all adults - are comparable to Allen's predatory seduction of a barely legal Soon-yi, the daughter of his life partner and older sister of his young children. What goes around comes around seems applicable, the two situations are so similar. Mia and by extension her whole family deserved massive disruption and chaos because there was overlap between her and her earlier husband's previous marriage.

But Baldwin's tweet was defending Woody, not about Mia and the Previns. Which is why we're dissecting -him- in this thread and not the others.

[quote]Only sub-mental human beings think Woody Allen did anything to that girl.

Well he took polaroids of her as a teen nude from the waist down with her legs spread, that was publicly disclosed among other things. Sure she was barely legal though - so who cares right?

by Anonymousreply 80January 17, 2018 3:44 AM

[quote]I guess I don't find Mia so brilliant and manipulative on such a wide scale. On one hand her detractors term her batshit crazy, while at the same time so brilliantly conniving she was able to brainwash her obviously intelligent children (Dylan, Ronan and others) into believing a wide ranging pack of lies about their father.

You make this point in every fucking thread, R74, and I'll field this one and answer you this time (others have already tried). Mia is very intelligent. She may be emotionally disturbed according to the descriptions from some of her children. Of course she can be abusive AND manipulative. Why does that confuse you so much?

by Anonymousreply 81January 17, 2018 3:44 AM

[quote]she was able to brainwash her obviously intelligent children (Dylan, Ronan and others) into believing a wide ranging pack of lies about their father.

They were little kids when the accusation occurred. And what's wide-ranging about saying that he abused Dylan in an attic?

by Anonymousreply 82January 17, 2018 3:47 AM

Hey, abusive dad's have to stick together!

by Anonymousreply 83January 17, 2018 3:48 AM

R80 Soon-yi was a sister of nobody, she was an orphan. And "barely legal" is a porn marketing tool, it has no legal basis. Legal is legal. And Mia was nobody's "life partner," she had 4 relationships in 3 decades. Cmon.

by Anonymousreply 84January 17, 2018 3:48 AM

I didn't say she was or wasn't r81. I just don't agree with you. Ok right?

[quote] HIS abuse would be a product of her fevered mind and brainwashing of her children.

I've already responded to this in r74. Imo HIS abuse is likely not the product of her fevered crazy mind and brilliant brainwashing of several of her children. I gave reasons why I think that way.

I mean it's possible, anything is possible. Aliens could be also be possible for the subsequent brainwashing. Or perhaps more simply Dylan, like many victims of abuse, believes she was abused. Occam's razor and all.

That's what I and many others believe. You can choose to do otherwise no prob. Neither of us is going to change the minds of the parties involved or their stances.

by Anonymousreply 85January 17, 2018 3:50 AM

I should clarify in my post in r80 I responded believing the previous poster r76 was referring to Soon Yi, not Dylan in terms of what 'sub-mental humans' would think. My mistake if incorrectly interpreted there.

by Anonymousreply 86January 17, 2018 3:52 AM

R80 Bwahaha I love it. "There was overlap between her and her earlier husband's previous marriage." Is that Newspeak for "she committed adultery with the husband of another woman and stole her husband" ? Yes, please tell us more about her moral superiority .

by Anonymousreply 87January 17, 2018 3:53 AM

For those who care, Alec Baldwin's memoir just came out in paperback form. I saw it in a bookstore yesterday. I may buy it depending on the mood I'm in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 17, 2018 4:00 AM

R85 "Occam's Razor and all " is great, except it has to be based on evidence. The simplest theory is preferred to complicated theories. That does hot mean that the fantasy of one or two people should be preferred over the absence f that theory. That's what we called the Salem Witch Trials. A dozen or a score of people create a theory, and since there's no theory on the other side, you believe them. That;s called inconclusive evidence, or a hysteria.

by Anonymousreply 89January 17, 2018 4:02 AM

[quote]Of course she can be abusive AND manipulative.

Should clarify my response to r80 in r85 as I responded clumsily, of course Mia can be both these. She may very well be one or both, I don't believe she's a saint or even a terribly great person per se. But given all the facets and details of this sordid situation, after analysis of much of it I tend to believe Mia, Dylan, Ronan and other family members over Woody.

lol r87 of course that's what I was saying. Mia was seeing Previn while he was married. What are you laughing at though? That her comeuppance for an affair should come through her teen daughter later being crudely seduced by her middle aged life partner, her kids lives turned upside down by it and - if you are inclined to believe as I do - your younger daughter possibly violated by him. Because it's all equivalent.

well r86 that might partially explain this recent series of tweets then.

by Anonymousreply 90January 17, 2018 4:02 AM

Alec Baldwin was a hottie back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 17, 2018 4:02 AM

One of Mia's brothers is in prison for child molestation (as already mentioned), her other brother was an angry alcoholic who committed suicide, her sister Prudence, a transcendental meditation and yoga teacher, had a 3-year affair with murderer Robert Durst (before he was a murderer). He was married and she was married, and she called his wife and asked her to give him up. (She and Mia seemed to like the married guys.) She now lives isolated in the Florida panhandle, without even a mailbox.

What the hell went on in Mia's family growing up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 17, 2018 4:05 AM

And........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 17, 2018 4:05 AM

[quote]Soon-yi was a sister of nobody, she was an orphan.

I'll finish with this one. Soon yi was legally adopted as a child and became the daughter of Mia and Previn, as such had many siblings and family members who cared for her. In fact if you read up, they had to go to Congress to help petition to change federal laws re visas to get her into the US.

Disregarding her adoption as inconsequential or meaningless -I'm assuming to justify Woody's later seedy involvement with her - is grossly ridiculous. It plays into all the gross stereotypes out there re Allen many of his supporters try to deflect when defending him. Not doing him any favors.

by Anonymousreply 94January 17, 2018 4:13 AM

R88 It's an interesting read if you are an actor. He goes over the mechanics of his professional growth. Without choosing a side, I can see why he is loyal to WA. For the longest time WA gave legitimacy to a lot of NY actors, AB being one of them.

by Anonymousreply 95January 17, 2018 4:15 AM

R90 What I was obviously laughing at is what compelled you to respond. You said there was an "overlap" in Mia's relationship with Andre Previn, which is a total pass for Mia seducing another woman's husband. And then you talk about the "disruption and chaos" Mia was subject to when Woody and Soon-Yi shacked up. You make Mia the victim, then admit she may not be a nice person, but ultimately you think Soon-Yi, who says Mai abused her (and another son Moses backs this up), has no right to her own life as an adult, because Mia adopted her. from what I'm reading, Woody Allen saved Soon-Yi from years more of abuse at the hands of Mia.

by Anonymousreply 96January 17, 2018 4:18 AM

[quote]has no right to her own life as an adult, because Mia adopted her.

Said no such thing. Wrong - corrected that her adoptive state didn't make her less a daughter as was clearly stated upthread. It doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 97January 17, 2018 4:27 AM

It's disenchanting to see that Mia, who's had such an interesting life culturally and intellectually and who has helped so many children and has tried to help bring awareness to people suffering in other countries, seems to spend most of her time griping about Trump on Twitter. Just like everyone else. She's not interesting to me anymore just because of that.

by Anonymousreply 98January 17, 2018 5:27 AM

Baldwin's Hail Mary pass won't do Jack for Woody, who finally, is done. It will remind people that Baldwin is also an abusive father.

by Anonymousreply 99January 17, 2018 5:39 AM

Creative people tend to have idiosyncrasies. I still love Woody Allen movies, I don't believe he molested children, and I don't give a shit what Mia, Dylan, Ronan, Oprah, actresses, or Twitter have to say about that. Art for art's sake!

by Anonymousreply 100January 17, 2018 6:16 AM

While I despise people who hit, threaten and abuse children, I love the movie Alice and will continue to watch it occasionally even though it stars Mia Farrow.

by Anonymousreply 101January 17, 2018 6:18 AM

In Crimes and Misdemeanors, Woody's character's wife has contempt for him, and he finds happiness in spending time with his niece. They go to old movies together and he gives her a book about New York City which she appreciates. They really get along and have great chemistry. It makes me wonder if Woody's growth was stunted around that age, or he was happiest then, and he feels comfortable with teenage girls because they're more open to him teaching them appreciation of the things he loved and has continued to love throughout his life (New York, old movies, etc.) than a mature woman or a teenage boy. It's possible he's like this and it isn't sexual, but rather a way of reliving those happier days of his youth with someone open and available to enjoying it with him.

(Of course, this is all supposing he didn't molest Dylan, so please relax and don't flame me.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 17, 2018 7:22 AM

* more open to him teaching them to appreciate the things he loves than a mature woman or teenage boy would be.

by Anonymousreply 103January 17, 2018 7:25 AM

R102 It's a fairly common figure, the adult who finds companionship with teenagers cause they're still new to the world with unbiased opinions and taste.

Baldwin is kind of brave. It's funny to see all those actors panicking cause they worked with Allen and explaining how much sorry they are. It's all PR and desperation to not get bad press.

by Anonymousreply 104January 17, 2018 7:44 AM

I think the general public wouldn't have expected an actor or actress to know who's telling the truth in a nasty divorce/custody battle, and wouldn't hold it against anyone who was in a Woody Allen movie. Things are heating up with the relentless #metoo movement, and people are caving, and they shouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 105January 17, 2018 7:52 AM

Here's the thing for me -- Woody dismissed Mia's anger by stating that Soon-Yi wasn't her REAL daughter because she was adopted. Then he went to court to seek custody of Dylan, who was HIS adopted daughter.

by Anonymousreply 106January 17, 2018 12:33 PM

I think Woody, Mia, Dylan, Ronan and Alec should all just go away for a bit and give up tweeting

by Anonymousreply 107January 17, 2018 12:43 PM

Y'all, and the narcissists in Hollywood are really invested in two crazy, wealthy, white people's dysfunctional family.

Woody, Mia, Alec, the other Baldwin Brothers, and quite few others could disappear tomorrow and my life would be none-the-worse.

I'd sacrifice them all if it meant we could get rid of Twitler and the partisan hacks in DC, who are really destroying things that matter.

by Anonymousreply 108January 17, 2018 12:44 PM

It's so sweet of Chalamet to donate his entire salary from making Woody's film to #METOO. Did the obnoxious little cunt not know who Woody was when he accepted the role? Or was it the success of CMBYN and LB that allowed him to grow a pair of balls and a conscience? Icarus is flying a little too close to the sun.

FUCK HIM. Another bleeding heart hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 109January 17, 2018 3:07 PM

R109 Why so extra? He's not the only one.

by Anonymousreply 110January 17, 2018 3:09 PM

r2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 17, 2018 3:43 PM

I'd be shocked if Baldwin hadn't molested and date-raped his way through Hollywood. he seems like the kind of guy who gropes women all the time.

by Anonymousreply 112January 17, 2018 3:48 PM

To the tiresome troll who keeps accusing Woody of predatorily seducing Soon Yi Previn, iWoody in fact, had little interest in Mia’s kids when they started dating and for years afterward. It was Mia who encouraged him to spend more time with Soon Yi and in spending that time together happened to fall in love with each other.

There was no grooming. If it wasn’t at Mia’s behest, Woody and Soon Yi would likely never have gotten together.

by Anonymousreply 113January 17, 2018 5:03 PM

Hey Alec,

Stick to the skinny microphone and shut up.

by Anonymousreply 114January 17, 2018 10:46 PM

R109 ALL the young actors who have made a point of dumping on Allen and saying they'll never work with him again are just as bad. They literally worked with Allen a year, months, weeks ago, and suddenly with the slightest pressure, they act as if he's an unmasked war criminal. Fuck them is right -- what goes around comes around. Some day they'll need loyalty and gratitude from their colleagues who gave them a start, or pushed them on their way, and they'll think of this time.

by Anonymousreply 115January 18, 2018 2:09 AM

Woody Allen was my favorite filmmaker in my teens and early 20's. I always looked forward to seeing his latest films, and loved going on dates to see them. I can't think of any other writer or director I can say that about, and especially in this day and age. I'll always look back at those years fondly. I'm glad to have been young then as I wouldn't want to have missed out on that feeling.

by Anonymousreply 116January 18, 2018 2:18 AM

R133 In her memoir Mia stated that she went into a room in their home one day, the place that she shared with Woody, and found quite a few sexualized photos that had been taken of Soon Yi ( in which she was naked or near naked, topless, etc.) lying out in the open, not even hid. When she realized that Woody had taken them she went into shock and needless to say it was the end of their relationship. She didn't have one photo of Woody in her book.

The writing is on the wall - Woody is a very predatory, weird guy, not to be trusted with kids, including his own.

by Anonymousreply 117January 18, 2018 3:28 AM

R117 I meant R113.

by Anonymousreply 118January 18, 2018 3:29 AM

Artists, especially those with a good sense of humor, have dark sides. It's unfortunate because the world would be pretty boring without them. Sorry Mia (and Dylan), but it's true.

by Anonymousreply 119January 18, 2018 3:41 AM

[quote] Baldwin is kind of brave. It's funny to see all those actors panicking cause they worked with Allen and explaining how much sorry they are. It's all PR and desperation to not get bad press.

That's largely as I too see it. However if this new item does actually refer to Baldwin I won't be terribly shocked or disappointed. Right or wrong is this matter Baldwin has decades of a record as an ass.

𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐌 𝟏𝟒

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

This A list actor is probably permanently A list now. He is also a huge a-hole and has been for going on pretty much his entire career. I'm not quite sure how his current wife deals with his a-holery. Probably drinks a lot. Of course she was incredibly thirsty so that might have overcome her distaste. Anyway, he is the one I am most excited to see go down which will be happening any time. All of his words/defenses are going to come back to haunt him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 18, 2018 3:47 AM

Yeah, and I've heard and still hear so many women cream themselves over Alec Baldwin and that stupid Schweddy Balls skit.

smh

by Anonymousreply 121January 18, 2018 3:52 AM

R117 R118 The writing is on the wall that you can't post for shit. Your corrections need corrections. Which tells me that you have no cognitive ability.

by Anonymousreply 122January 18, 2018 4:13 AM

[quote] I forget all the details of my reasoning but I once had to research this case for a job.

That is not even remotely believable.

You sound like that troll we had a couple years back who insisted they knew everything about a murder case because they had "investigated for years." What they meant was they'd read a few blogs about it.

by Anonymousreply 123January 18, 2018 4:33 AM

[quote] He was cleared of the charges years ago

No. The DA declined to go to trial, which isn't the same as being cleared.

The DA also publicly said they had enough evidence to go to trial but they chose not to.

That's not "cleared of all charges."

by Anonymousreply 124January 18, 2018 4:36 AM

I adore Alec Baldwin -- from back in the days of Knots Landing

by Anonymousreply 125January 18, 2018 4:54 AM

Adult Woody had a girlfriend in HS, was out to bed the teen-age M. Hemingway. Woody is a sick, vile pig.

by Anonymousreply 126January 18, 2018 4:57 AM

R120

That really screams of CDAN's recent flip to GOP excuse man. They hate Alec for his SNL/DJT impression.

I swear the Enty made some kind of deal w/TMZ. I guess his annoying ad revenue was not enough.

The Pro Trump venom has really been crawling out of the woodwork lately . But I guess it pays more than tip offs from cater waiters.

by Anonymousreply 127January 18, 2018 5:22 AM

TWENTY-ONE years ago, when I first heard Mia Farrow had accused me of child molestation, I found the idea so ludicrous I didn’t give it a second thought. We were involved in a terribly acrimonious breakup, with great enmity between us and a custody battle slowly gathering energy. The self-serving transparency of her malevolence seemed so obvious I didn’t even hire a lawyer to defend myself. It was my show business attorney who told me she was bringing the accusation to the police and I would need a criminal lawyer.

I naïvely thought the accusation would be dismissed out of hand because of course, I hadn’t molested Dylan and any rational person would see the ploy for what it was. Common sense would prevail. After all, I was a 56-year-old man who had never before (or after) been accused of child molestation. I had been going out with Mia for 12 years and never in that time did she ever suggest to me anything resembling misconduct. Now, suddenly, when I had driven up to her house in Connecticut one afternoon to visit the kids for a few hours, when I would be on my raging adversary’s home turf, with half a dozen people present, when I was in the blissful early stages of a happy new relationship with the woman I’d go on to marry — that I would pick this moment in time to embark on a career as a child molester should seem to the most skeptical mind highly unlikely. The sheer illogic of such a crazy scenario seemed to me dispositive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128January 18, 2018 5:23 AM

Notwithstanding, Mia insisted that I had abused Dylan and took her immediately to a doctor to be examined. Dylan told the doctor she had not been molested. Mia then took Dylan out for ice cream, and when she came back with her the child had changed her story. The police began their investigation; a possible indictment hung in the balance. I very willingly took a lie-detector test and of course passed because I had nothing to hide. I asked Mia to take one and she wouldn’t. Last week a woman named Stacey Nelkin, whom I had dated many years ago, came forward to the press to tell them that when Mia and I first had our custody battle 21 years ago, Mia had wanted her to testify that she had been underage when I was dating her, despite the fact this was untrue. Stacey refused. I include this anecdote so we all know what kind of character we are dealing with here. One can imagine in learning this why she wouldn’t take a lie-detector test.

Meanwhile the Connecticut police turned for help to a special investigative unit they relied on in such cases, the Child Sexual Abuse Clinic of the Yale-New Haven Hospital. This group of impartial, experienced men and women whom the district attorney looked to for guidance as to whether to prosecute, spent months doing a meticulous investigation, interviewing everyone concerned, and checking every piece of evidence. Finally they wrote their conclusion which I quote here: “It is our expert opinion that Dylan was not sexually abused by Mr. Allen. Further, we believe that Dylan’s statements on videotape and her statements to us during our evaluation do not refer to actual events that occurred to her on August 4th, 1992... In developing our opinion we considered three hypotheses to explain Dylan’s statements. First, that Dylan’s statements were true and that Mr. Allen had sexually abused her; second, that Dylan’s statements were not true but were made up by an emotionally vulnerable child who was caught up in a disturbed family and who was responding to the stresses in the family; and third, that Dylan was coached or influenced by her mother, Ms. Farrow. While we can conclude that Dylan was not sexually abused, we can not be definite about whether the second formulation by itself or the third formulation by itself is true. We believe that it is more likely that a combination of these two formulations best explains Dylan’s allegations of sexual abuse.”

by Anonymousreply 129January 18, 2018 5:24 AM

Could it be any clearer? Mr. Allen did not abuse Dylan; most likely a vulnerable, stressed-out 7-year-old was coached by Mia Farrow. This conclusion disappointed a number of people. The district attorney was champing at the bit to prosecute a celebrity case, and Justice Elliott Wilk, the custody judge, wrote a very irresponsible opinion saying when it came to the molestation, “we will probably never know what occurred.”

by Anonymousreply 130January 18, 2018 5:25 AM

But we did know because it had been determined and there was no equivocation about the fact that no abuse had taken place. Justice Wilk was quite rough on me and never approved of my relationship with Soon-Yi, Mia’s adopted daughter, who was then in her early 20s. He thought of me as an older man exploiting a much younger woman, which outraged Mia as improper despite the fact she had dated a much older Frank Sinatra when she was 19. In fairness to Justice Wilk, the public felt the same dismay over Soon-Yi and myself, but despite what it looked like our feelings were authentic and we’ve been happily married for 16 years with two great kids, both adopted. (Incidentally, coming on the heels of the media circus and false accusations, Soon-Yi and I were extra carefully scrutinized by both the adoption agency and adoption courts, and everyone blessed our adoptions.) Mia took custody of the children and we went our separate ways.

by Anonymousreply 131January 18, 2018 5:26 AM

I was heartbroken. Moses was angry with me. Ronan I didn’t know well because Mia would never let me get close to him from the moment he was born and Dylan, whom I adored and was very close to and about whom Mia called my sister in a rage and said, “He took my daughter, now I’ll take his.” I never saw her again nor was I able to speak with her no matter how hard I tried. I still loved her deeply, and felt guilty that by falling in love with Soon-Yi I had put her in the position of being used as a pawn for revenge. Soon-Yi and I made countless attempts to see Dylan but Mia blocked them all, spitefully knowing how much we both loved her but totally indifferent to the pain and damage she was causing the little girl merely to appease her own vindictiveness.

by Anonymousreply 132January 18, 2018 5:26 AM

Here I quote Moses Farrow, 14 at the time: “My mother drummed it into me to hate my father for tearing apart the family and sexually molesting my sister.” Moses is now 36 years old and a family therapist by profession. “Of course Woody did not molest my sister,” he said. “She loved him and looked forward to seeing him when he would visit. She never hid from him until our mother succeeded in creating the atmosphere of fear and hate towards him.” Dylan was 7, Ronan 4, and this was, according to Moses, the steady narrative year after year.

I pause here for a quick word on the Ronan situation. Is he my son or, as Mia suggests, Frank Sinatra’s? Granted, he looks a lot like Frank with the blue eyes and facial features, but if so what does this say? That all during the custody hearing Mia lied under oath and falsely represented Ronan as our son? Even if he is not Frank’s, the possibility she raises that he could be, indicates she was secretly intimate with him during our years. Not to mention all the money I paid for child support. Was I supporting Frank’s son? Again, I want to call attention to the integrity and honesty of a person who conducts her life like that.

NOW it’s 21 years later and Dylan has come forward with the accusations that the Yale experts investigated and found false. Plus a few little added creative flourishes that seem to have magically appeared during our 21-year estrangement.

Not that I doubt Dylan hasn’t come to believe she’s been molested, but if from the age of 7 a vulnerable child is taught by a strong mother to hate her father because he is a monster who abused her, is it so inconceivable that after many years of this indoctrination the image of me Mia wanted to establish had taken root? Is it any wonder the experts at Yale had picked up the maternal coaching aspect 21 years ago? Even the venue where the fabricated molestation was supposed to have taken place was poorly chosen but interesting. Mia chose the attic of her country house, a place she should have realized I’d never go to because it is a tiny, cramped, enclosed spot where one can hardly stand up and I’m a major claustrophobe. The one or two times she asked me to come in there to look at something, I did, but quickly had to run out. Undoubtedly the attic idea came to her from the Dory Previn song, “With My Daddy in the Attic.” It was on the same record as the song Dory Previn had written about Mia’s betraying their friendship by insidiously stealing her husband, André, “Beware of Young Girls.” One must ask, did Dylan even write the letter or was it at least guided by her mother? Does the letter really benefit Dylan or does it simply advance her mother’s shabby agenda? That is to hurt me with a smear. There is even a lame attempt to do professional damage by trying to involve movie stars, which smells a lot more like Mia than Dylan.

After all, if speaking out was really a necessity for Dylan, she had already spoken out months earlier in Vanity Fair. Here I quote Moses Farrow again: “Knowing that my mother often used us as pawns, I cannot trust anything that is said or written from anyone in the family.” Finally, does Mia herself really even believe I molested her daughter? Common sense must ask: Would a mother who thought her 7-year-old daughter was sexually abused by a molester (a pretty horrific crime), give consent for a film clip of her to be used to honor the molester at the Golden Globes?

by Anonymousreply 133January 18, 2018 5:27 AM

R128 et al hanks for the Woodysplanation. I am sure no one here has ever heard it before.

by Anonymousreply 134January 18, 2018 5:27 AM

Of course, I did not molest Dylan. I loved her and hope one day she will grasp how she has been cheated out of having a loving father and exploited by a mother more interested in her own festering anger than her daughter’s well-being. Being taught to hate your father and made to believe he molested you has already taken a psychological toll on this lovely young woman, and Soon-Yi and I are both hoping that one day she will understand who has really made her a victim and reconnect with us, as Moses has, in a loving, productive way. No one wants to discourage abuse victims from speaking out, but one must bear in mind that sometimes there are people who are falsely accused and that is also a terribly destructive thing. (This piece will be my final word on this entire matter and no one will be responding on my behalf to any further comments on it by any party. Enough people have been hurt.)

by Anonymousreply 135January 18, 2018 5:27 AM

R135 of course not...

by Anonymousreply 136January 18, 2018 5:28 AM

R126 Please speak English.

by Anonymousreply 137January 18, 2018 5:46 AM

Regarding Woody's words from the article at R128:

[quote]I had been going out with Mia for 12 years and never in that time did she ever suggest to me anything resembling misconduct.

In her book, Mia said that Woody had already been in therapy for the way he behaved around Dylan. She could be lying, I realize, but she did publish the information in a book.

[quote]Now, suddenly, when I had driven up to her house in Connecticut one afternoon to visit the kids for a few hours, when I would be on my raging adversary’s home turf, with half a dozen people present, when I was in the blissful early stages of a happy new relationship with the woman I’d go on to marry

Woody, blissful? Sounds like he's trying too hard to legitimize his affair with Soon-Yi. And also to hurt Mia even more. Or make her cringe herself to death.

[quote]Justice Wilk was quite rough on me and never approved of my relationship with Soon-Yi, Mia’s adopted daughter, who was then in her early 20s. He thought of me as an older man exploiting a much younger woman, which outraged Mia as improper despite the fact she had dated a much older Frank Sinatra when she was 19. In fairness to Justice Wilk, the public felt the same dismay over Soon-Yi and myself, but despite what it looked like our feelings were authentic and we’ve been happily married for 16 years

Mia wasn't outraged because of the age difference, Woody, she was outraged because you were having sex with her daughter, and the sister of her and your children. (He's so willfully disingenuous!)

[quote]I felt guilty that by falling in love with Soon-Yi I had put Dylan in the position of being used as a pawn for revenge. Soon-Yi and I made countless attempts to see Dylan but Mia blocked them all, spitefully knowing how much we both loved her but totally indifferent to the pain and damage she was causing the little girl merely to appease her own vindictiveness.

1.) Taking pornographic pictures of a teenager isn't "falling in love". 2.) "Oh, come on Mia, Allow me and Dylan's sister to hang out together. She'll be quite comfortable with the guy who just cheated on her mother and the girl he cheated with, and never mind about the fact that I'm her father and my new lover is also her sister!"

Throughout that article his arrogance is obvious, but what's most telling (to me) is how he never acknowledges that Mia's pain and torment are valid and are understandable responses to the fact that she just found out that the man she loves has been having sex with one of her daughters, has taken nude photos of her, and he's just blindsided her and their children. He's incredibly disingenuous. We all know he's intelligent, so he actually does get it, he just doesn't care. Big difference. This all leads me to believe Mia's accusations regarding Dylan. Woody had and has no humility about what he did to Mia or their family; his calm self-righteousness is that of a guilty person, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 138January 18, 2018 8:37 PM

One more:

[quote]Of course, I did not molest Dylan. I loved her and hope one day she will grasp how she has been cheated out of having a loving father and exploited by a mother more interested in her own festering anger than her daughter’s well-being. Being taught to hate your father and made to believe he molested you has already taken a psychological toll on this lovely young woman, and Soon-Yi and I are both hoping that one day she will understand who has really made her a victim and reconnect with us, as Moses has, in a loving, productive way.

He blames Mia for cheating Dylan out of having a loving father, and for exploiting her. Yet Woody was the one who photographed one of her daughters in the nude, and who was having sex with her. That's exploitation.

Also: "Soon-Yi and I are both hoping that one day she will understand who has really made her a victim and reconnect with us, as Moses has, in a loving, productive way." Normal people don't talk like this.

by Anonymousreply 139January 18, 2018 8:43 PM

Woody Allen has been cleared of these charges. Anything else is speculation and choosing to believe someone’s unsupported allegations. The actors that are now recanting WA are meretricious and surfing the waive of hysteria. Good for Baldwin to stand against it. That said, Though I like his films until 1998, Woody Allen is a miserable creature (read his interviews) and the relationship with Soon Yi is indeed creepy. But nothing of this is new.

by Anonymousreply 140January 18, 2018 9:40 PM

(Bringing this over from the other thread because I realize it's more appropriate under this thread title.) It does seem that she's trying to cry and can't. Also, "my truth" is a phrase that bothers me. Why not just say, "the truth"?

I guess I don't understand what she wants. Many people, probably most, believed Mia when the story first broke, and most people have believed Dylan since she came forward. Who tossed her aside? She has her whole family supporting her, and most of America. I'm confused what she wants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141January 18, 2018 11:38 PM

Who are her parents ? I thought she was Woody and Mia's bio daughter. I even thought she looked like him. Then I read he adopted her. Do we know who the father is ? Was she an orphan ?

by Anonymousreply 142January 19, 2018 12:13 AM

Woody's lack of remorse back then was telling. He seems to be a man without a conscience. Soon-Yi was described as have a flat affect and little emotion. They must be an interesting pair.

by Anonymousreply 143January 19, 2018 3:34 AM

No wonder the 2 latest victims have the demeanor of hostages.

by Anonymousreply 144January 19, 2018 3:40 AM

I hope Lorne pushes Alec Baldwin out. Bring back Darrell Hammond!

by Anonymousreply 145January 19, 2018 3:46 AM

Everybody has different ways of expressing emotions.

Didn't look forced to me at all.

by Anonymousreply 146January 20, 2018 12:42 AM

Woody/Mia is a family dispute. There is no taking sides, only hostages. It is easier to treat it as the "middle east" of ponderous quagmires.

by Anonymousreply 147January 20, 2018 4:21 AM

How did Woody get so disenchanted with their arrangement?

by Anonymousreply 148January 20, 2018 9:54 PM

This is all Allan's pervy world view.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149January 21, 2018 2:18 PM

SY 2.0 & D 2.0 - wholesome!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150January 21, 2018 2:19 PM

Mia wasn't there when Woodster choked pre-schooler Ronan in front of the psychiatrist supervising visitation per a court order.

Child abusing fathers like Baldwin bond over that shit. No way is he any more of a patient loving dad to all the new tots than NPH. Maybe HE will speak up for the perv next?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151January 21, 2018 2:25 PM

Baldwin going all in Mia and company...I'm glad someone is brave enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152January 28, 2018 10:17 PM

[quote]Mia wasn't there when Woodster choked pre-schooler Ronan in front of the psychiatrist supervising visitation per a court order.

Do you have a source for this? Would love to read it.

by Anonymousreply 153January 28, 2018 10:25 PM

Is Dylan aware that she can press charges against Woody? Why hasn't she?

by Anonymousreply 154January 28, 2018 10:26 PM

R100 So it's OK that Miss Spacey and Whalestein were such assholes? You would want your brother or sister to be molested by those fucks? Allen Konigsberg AKA Woody fucked underage girls. He committed statuary rape in the state of New York. Go fuck yourself you shitty little cunt.

by Anonymousreply 155January 28, 2018 10:27 PM

[quote]Woody fucked underage girls. He committed statuary rape in the state of New York.

Who did he fuck that was underage? Inquiring minds!

by Anonymousreply 156January 28, 2018 10:30 PM

R156 No one. It's just a frau trolling. Mia tried to get Woody's ex (Stacey Nelkin) to testify that she was underage when she dated Woody but she refused to go along with Mia's plan.

by Anonymousreply 157January 28, 2018 10:54 PM

I know, R157. I just wanted to see what names they'd provide.

Also, I'd still like to see any links to Woody choking at Satchel in his Psychiatrist's office. Wouldn't they have had to call CPS for that too?

Inquiring minds want to know!

by Anonymousreply 158January 28, 2018 11:01 PM

I was never an Alec Baldwin fan until now. If Mira Sorvino is so distraught and feels the need to apologize for working with Allen then she should return the fucking Oscar she should never have won in the first place. Allen was cleared. Period. Surely by now actors are aware that certain accusations were made decades ago so they're not accepting roles in his films blindly.

by Anonymousreply 159January 28, 2018 11:20 PM

Look... if you want to watch WA movies or work with him then by all means.

If you dont want to watch WA movies or not work with him then by all means.

But this shaming people into not working with him is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 160January 28, 2018 11:21 PM

I'll never forget this account from someone who witnessed Woody's weird behavior with Dylan before the abuse allegations came out. It's from response #194 of the thread linked below.

My husband and I lived close to Elaine's in the 1980s. There was always something completely fucked up about Woody Allen and Dylan. Anyone who didn't know Woody Allen was fucked up about underage females was deliberately blind, because you could see it from space. Back then he even gave an interview where he remarked about his attraction to younger women and how part of him was maybe this close to standing outside the Dalton school in a trench coat. The same article referenced a real life affair he had with a teen-ager. It was all part of a positive profile on Allen - nobody thought him dating a teen was a problem (she was unnamed).

Most significantly, he took Dylan to Elaine's all the time. My husband and I would be grossed out because she'd be in an anachronistic outfit - a little girl dress and ankle socks. She was more than old enough to walk but he'd take her straight into the blast of the paparazzi cameras that were camped outside Elaine's, clutching her to him, and most of the time you could see Dylan's underwear because the way he held her her dress was pushed up. She wasn't a baby - she was a little girl, and he held her with her dress pushed up. Nobody said shit because when something is REALLY vile (versus fake scandal type vile) people shut up. We see that even now. This girl is now an adult and she's saying it loud and clear and everybody's looking the other way and giving Woody awards instead.

She looked fucking MISERABLE. It wasn't the cameras, it was the way he was holding her - he had her glued to him. He was out and about with her CONSTANTLY and for a small kid she always looked like she wanted to kill herself and he looked disgusting. When the abuse allegations happened and the Soon Yi deal came out, my husband and I were divorced and he was in L.A., but we stayed friendly. Right afterwards we were on the phone remembering all the crap with Dylan and he said "And you KNOW he molested her!" I said damn right. Anyone who saw him with her back then knew it was foul.

I don't excuse Mia. She let so much shit go by until the Soon Yi situation was in her face. She gave a pass to stuff with Dylan that would make other parents call the cops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161January 28, 2018 11:34 PM

It's weird that someone keeps posting in here and clearing their cookies.

by Anonymousreply 162January 28, 2018 11:38 PM

R156 Soon Yi and Barry Bostwick's ex wife.

R157 is a Woody Allen apologist and a cunt to boot. Konigsberg has always liked young girls unfortunately for them.In addition, the situation with Dylan should have resulted in AK AKA Woody being put in prison. He is a vile man and a loathsome piece of shit. I suspect you are the same type of pond scum that defended Weinstein as well. No matter I can smell your stench over the internet.

You are in very bad company BTW. Your idol Goebbels said that the more one tells a lie, not only do people believe the lie but you come to believe it yourself. Nice to be compared to a Nazi right?

by Anonymousreply 163January 29, 2018 12:25 AM

[quote][R156] Soon Yi and Barry Bostwick's ex wife.

Soon Yi was not underrage. She was in fact over 18.

by Anonymousreply 164January 29, 2018 12:31 AM

There's still time for Dylan to go to the police and have them investigate Woody Allen. The fact that she isn't doing so speaks volumes. I am so sick of her passive-aggressive Twitter bullshit. If WA did indeed molest her, then she needs to file a report. Otherwise, shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 165January 29, 2018 12:36 AM

[quote]Barry Bostwick's ex wife.

Also, Stacey Nelkin, Bostwikc's ex wife, dated Allen when she was 17. The age of consent in NY is 17. So there was no statutory rape (although I just now caught that the person making the accusation above couldn't even spell it correctly) committed.

However, interestingly enough, Nelkin testified that Mia and camp approached her to lie about her age. They wanted her to say she was 15. Why would they do that? Interesting.

Any others?

by Anonymousreply 166January 29, 2018 12:37 AM

It was at a court ordered supervised visit at Woody' s home. When the horrified psychiatrist insisted future visits be held in his office, Woodster walked away from the kid.

I think it was in the judge's opinion, there was other troubling stuff he did to Ronan as a toddler in there. Wise of the judge to order no contact with Dylan and only supervised with Ronan.

by Anonymousreply 167January 29, 2018 12:39 AM

^Do you have a link? Would love to actually read where Woody choked out Satchel in front of a Psychiatrist.

by Anonymousreply 168January 29, 2018 12:46 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169January 29, 2018 1:53 AM

Ok, great. But can we get that link about Woody choking out Satchel?

by Anonymousreply 170January 29, 2018 1:54 AM

R161 I can write fantasy encounters with celebrities too, doesn't mean squat. And to waste that DL on an unsourced story is ridiculous. The writer saw Woody Allen going through a gauntlet of paparazzi with his daughter, obviously holding her close as the pack warned, and her dress hiked up. Call 911! What kind of thrill was Woody supposed to be getting from that? Of course nobody said anything, you retard, because there was nothing to say. The writer thinks it's "creepy as fuck," but she was married in the 1980s and going to Elaine's, so she's obviously well past middle age, and who that age says "creepy as fuck"? I call bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 171January 29, 2018 2:59 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172January 29, 2018 4:12 AM

[quote] 'To say that @RealDylanFarrow is telling the truth is to say that (brother) @MosesFarrow is lying. Which of Mia's kids got the honesty gene and which did not?'

by Anonymousreply 173January 29, 2018 4:18 AM

Why does Alec Baldwin, user of slurs, get such a pass on DL?

by Anonymousreply 174January 29, 2018 11:01 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 175January 29, 2018 7:18 PM

Thought Alec had left Twitter because people were mean there.

by Anonymousreply 176January 29, 2018 7:20 PM

Not mean enough, apparently.

One day he will become violent toward that wife or the horde of teeny kids, mark my words. We know he is a child abuser and he is angry and unstable.

by Anonymousreply 177January 30, 2018 12:52 AM

[quote] Why does Alec Baldwin, user of slurs, get such a pass on DL?

Same reason a lot of hypocrites get such a pass on DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 30, 2018 12:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!