Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What do you want to say but can't? This is the place to vent without reprisal.

This is the place to post something that you think about posting on facebook, twitter or elsewhere, but stop and edit yourself because of the fallout it will create. But not here! Post it! Bitch away!

I'll start: When you're on stage in an off-Broadway play in New York, and your producer is a fellow actor, get over your fucking self, and remember that someone worked their ass off to create the opportunity for you to be on stage and to shine. Good actors are a dime a dozen, but those who are in a position to shine the lights on you, get your name in the press and create an opportunity for you to have your friends and well-wishers come to see you do a great job in a good play are not as plentiful. And if they need to do something that interrupts your fucking 'process', that's part of the fucking JOB.

by Anonymousreply 600March 25, 2018 6:42 PM

i want to tell my friend to **** *******, but If i say that he might report me to 911 since people get triggered easily

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2018 2:48 AM

Well r1, you can spell it out here, without the asterisks! That's why I created the post!!!

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2018 2:52 AM

I want to tell my fucking nephews to grow up, take care of their mother (my sister) when she needs help, and quit living at her expense. They are 27 and 32.

She is a doormat for them. It's taken me a while and some hurt feelings to figure out none of them want to change.

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2018 2:54 AM

If I had my way and unlimited funds, I'd do nothing but create projects with my friend Eric. He's the most talented and insightful person I've ever worked with. From the first time we graced the stage together until today's conversation about what we really, really want to do and the vision for achieving it, I've never had a more productive congruent working relationship. It would be wonderful to wake up every day knowing that I was working toward what's important to me, and not what's important to someone else. It's too bad that life's circumstances dictate that we all simply cannot pursue what it is we all want to do, instead of what it is we have to do. How do we achieve that place of flow and resonance with our purpose?

And FUCK YOU, you unappreciative, sycophantic, self-entitled asshole actor. You have no IDEA what it takes to make the opportunities you have been given.

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2018 3:20 AM

This Time's Up stuff is genuinely making me hate women. I can barely contain it.

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2018 3:30 AM

Here's what I want to post of facebook about Donald Trump:

I hope he gets diagnosed with rectal cancer. I hope he has a long, slow, painful decline. Then I hope he goes into remission. "I'm going to beat it! I'm going to live! Make Donald Trump Great Again!"

Then, he gets released from treatment, steps off the curb, and GETS HIT AND DECAPITATED BY A GOD DAMNED BUS right in FRONT of Trump Tower, while his STUPID, WHITE, UNEDUCATED, REPUBLICAN CONSTITUENTS WATCH.

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2018 3:36 AM

i detest trump but I'm thrlled with what the stock market is doing.

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2018 3:42 AM

And this stupid cunt who's now raking Aziz Ansari over the coals because of some awkward sexual encounter she had with him? FUCK YOU. You should have left the moment he initiated sexual contact if it's not what you wanted instead of STICKING AROUND FOR A WHILE AND TASTING HIS COCK. Stupid fucking CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2018 3:47 AM

mutually exclusive. No guilt needed about the stock market. You can thank the fed and obama.

by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2018 3:49 AM

People are gleeful that Harvey Weinstein was punched in the face, but no one will ever be able to do that to the fat orange fuck. And that makes me so fucking angry!

by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2018 3:54 AM

And FUCK PEOPLE who walk down the street smoking pot. I don't want to smell that fucking shit, and certainly don't want it on my clothes. Maybe I should walk down the street holding a God Damned Martini glass!

by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2018 4:06 AM

Hollywood would collapse in a second if only women ran it.

by Anonymousreply 12January 15, 2018 4:15 AM

OP, I don't know who you are but I adore you.

by Anonymousreply 13January 15, 2018 4:36 AM

OP, I don't know who you are but I deplore you.

by Anonymousreply 14January 15, 2018 5:27 AM

kill kill kill

by Anonymousreply 15January 15, 2018 5:31 AM

I'd tell Todd that most of his 300 friends aren't fooled by the dark masculine persona he tries to project on Facebook in between vague attention-seeking posts like an insecure drama queen. I want to be the only person who comments "get over yourself, bro", unlike all the fish he catches who post "hope you're ok, hun" and "luv you man." Psh!

But I won't. I just watch quietly and repost his passive aggressive vaguebooking on DL instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 15, 2018 7:28 AM

[quote]r5 This Time's Up stuff is genuinely making me hate women. I can barely contain it.

This is probably something to speak to a therapist (or clergyman) about, as it's irrational, and triggering something unresolved in your own past.

If you think it is wrong for women to come forward about sexual abuse or harrasment, there's something deeply wrong (very likely irretrievably so) about you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 15, 2018 7:40 AM

R3, so far you're the only human here.

by Anonymousreply 18January 15, 2018 7:57 AM

Oh I loved Dr Katz!!!

by Anonymousreply 19January 15, 2018 7:57 AM

Thanks so much for this thread, OP!

by Anonymousreply 20January 15, 2018 8:00 AM

[quote]r12 Hollywood would collapse in a second if only women ran it.

Irrelevant. No one's asking for that.

Don't worry...no one's taking your superhero movies away from you.

by Anonymousreply 21January 15, 2018 8:27 AM

[quote]r19 Oh I loved Dr Katz!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 15, 2018 8:30 AM

I am angry at my sister. She is in huge debt, credit card, to family she has borrowed money from, has taken out loans, and God knows what else. She keeps a lot of secrets. Regardless, she spends well outside what she earns, which is not much. She spends her money on lifestyle stuff, on her appearance, and is excessively generous towards others. None of which she can afford. I always feel guilty if she manages to foist her generosity onto me. I certainly try to cover small things, like dinner, as I am in a better financial position than her. Even that I cannot manage. It always turns into a huge argument and she storms off. But I worry so much about her.

We did yard work for our mother over Christmas. Well, she did 90%, and I thought my contribution would be paying for the trailer. She insisted she would, and said she would transfer the money to me. I got angry at her and yelled at her. Saying I was tired of her giving so much and taking so little from me.

At Christmas she ignored me, though I tried to be friendly. When I had a chance I apologised, and said I would respect her about how she wanted to spend her money, and I would stop worrying, or imposing my worries onto her. She told me to fuck off.

That said, I apologized because I woke up feeling guilty, but also that I want the travel discounts I can get because of her job. Which doesn't cost her anything, but it is an incredibly selfish and self serving a motivation.

I am angry, because she has treated me awfully and taken out her bad mood on me, so that I was reeling for months in the past. Though she didn't apologize, I forgave her. She was treated awfully by my brother days before our fight, who she owes a lot of money to, but she apologized to him, though she wasn't in the wrong. Somehow I feel like she is taking out her frustration with him, and the situation she has found herself in, on me. Though I did yell at her, and it was aggressive, so actually our family is just toxic

I think we are all the assholes in this situation. But I can't help feeling she is a cunt.

You can all criticize me, and I would deserve it. But I saw an opportunity to vent. Though I still feel bitter, and I hate this feeling. I almost feel like it would be best to cut her off. She probably has cut me off. We are also the kind of messed up people who cut people off, once we feel they are no longer serving our lives. I spoke to her about it a day before, and said I didn't like what it said about me. But she said it was a good thing. Probably representative of how we both feel. I feel twisted up about it, and she likely doesn't care.

by Anonymousreply 23January 15, 2018 8:33 AM

I loathe Trump and everything he represents. More than words can say.

But I don't really want more Islamic refugees coming to America.

I want us all to get along and practice mutual tolerance. But I am afraid of what is happening in parts of Europe and want to avoid those situations here.

by Anonymousreply 24January 15, 2018 8:47 AM

This will sound totally cliche, but to all the fraus/mothers in my Facebook feed:

No one gives a damn about your litters of children, it is clear you've let your life be defined by what they do and live vicariously through them, and it is disgusting that they have no control over the fact that you are sending so many photos of them out into the ether of the interwebs.

They will grow to resent you for broadcasting every detail of their young lives, and you deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 25January 15, 2018 8:53 AM

Oh and ditto R24. I am far left on every issue in the book, but part of being liberal is being pro-gay and pro-feminism.

I am sick and tired of being branded a "Trump supporter/alt right" loon just for having a problem with a religion that wants me dead.

And no, Christians are not as bad. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 26January 15, 2018 8:57 AM

Christians can be just as bad depending on where you are. Uganda is killing gays because of Christianity, brought by American evangelicals.

by Anonymousreply 27January 15, 2018 9:05 AM

R27 is correct, Christians ARE KILLING GAYS in Africa.

by Anonymousreply 28January 15, 2018 9:14 AM

I am tired of gay men in their 50's who think they still have a chance at becoming an actor just because they love looking at themselves in pictures and completed a 3 rate comedy class.

And no, just because you can get up and sing Karaoke in a bar full of drunk people who clap for you because they are your friends, does not mean you have a great voice that the rest of us want to hear. Stop posting your off key singing performance on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 29January 15, 2018 9:42 AM

"When you're on stage in an off-Broadway play in New York, and your producer is a fellow actor...." snoring

by Anonymousreply 30January 15, 2018 9:59 AM

I want to rip the head rags of every Muslim.woman who has emigrated to a Western society, especially the young girls, and scream in their faces to wake the fuck up to themselves and their potential.

I know that's not a popular opinion and women have a supposed right to live their lives iunolested - but I'm sick of feeling out of step with this charicature paradimg as some kind of freefom and feminism.

Pleading for burkhas for Islamic women athletes to even compete? Give me a break!

That guy in Canada who ripoed of the young girl's hijab will be raked over, BUT I completely get where he was coming from in general terms.

by Anonymousreply 31January 15, 2018 10:30 AM

^^ Excuse the typos - using a phone!

+ WHY does the DL not have edit?!! *Vent #2*

by Anonymousreply 32January 15, 2018 10:33 AM

I don’t like posers. I don’t like the beard trend or hipster style because it’s mostly posers. I can spot one a mile away. It is so rare to find genuine people anymore. Everything is a prop for Facebook.

Nobody is unique anymore.

by Anonymousreply 33January 15, 2018 10:43 AM

I’m a bleeding heart liberal but I don’t understand when people get pregnant when they are poor. Like that is the LAST thing anybody should be doing when they are poor. It’s so sad. I know most don’t plan on it.

by Anonymousreply 34January 15, 2018 10:45 AM

I want to tell all my friends and family who voted for Trump that they are stupid, selfish hypocrites who are hardly the Christians they purport to be and, when the shit really hits the fan, I hope they that all suffer the most damage.

by Anonymousreply 35January 15, 2018 11:10 AM

I hate anyone who takes selfies on a regular basis. It's weird. It's not necessarily only the narcissistic side, it's more like I think they must have the absolute lowest self esteem because they are dying for 'likes' and people to tell them they look good.

by Anonymousreply 36January 15, 2018 11:23 AM

[quote]And FUCK PEOPLE who walk down the street smoking pot. I don't want to smell that fucking shit, and certainly don't want it on my clothes. Maybe I should walk down the street holding a God Damned Martini glass!

Pot smoke smell does not stick to clothes like tobacco does.

[quote]I know that's not a popular opinion and women have a supposed right to live their lives iunolested ...

Women have a SUPPOSED right to not be molested? Everyone has this right.

As a gay man, I expect to be able to wear a hat with a rainbow flag on it without some evangelical trying to rip it off me.

You can have you twisted fantasies, just don’t go around touching other people or their clothes.

by Anonymousreply 37January 15, 2018 11:26 AM

Get help R31

by Anonymousreply 38January 15, 2018 12:24 PM

"I don’t understand when people get pregnant when they are poor. Like that is the LAST thing anybody should be doing when they are poor. It’s so sad. I know most don’t plan on it."

I always feel sorry for the kids in these situations. They're being raised in underprivileged households because the parents can't afford to raise them in a more financially-comfortable environment.

by Anonymousreply 39January 15, 2018 2:07 PM

R31, if you are indeed a “Lez”, get help.

If you’re a troll, just kill yourself.

by Anonymousreply 40January 15, 2018 2:16 PM

That earrings and caftans are OVAH

by Anonymousreply 41January 15, 2018 2:26 PM

I think that Trump is a racist pig. But I have been to El Salvador and can say that it is not a proper shithole because it is not clean enough. Why can't we say that people from most of Africa, certainly Haiti, and lots of Latin America come from very dysfunctional countries and that they are welcome here but should root for the home team once they get here. The news media (and CNN is the worst) will have us believe that MS13 is a social club and they tilt towards violence because the US taxpayer does not spend enough on recreational facilities for them. A lot of the populations of Central America were perpetually warring tribes pre-Columbus, post Columbus they are warring gangs.

by Anonymousreply 42January 15, 2018 2:27 PM

It should be a law that no more than two women can congregate in one place.

by Anonymousreply 43January 15, 2018 2:40 PM

I love you R36

by Anonymousreply 44January 15, 2018 2:59 PM

To my (ex) friend: The reason we're no longer friends is that you're a black hole of need, emotional, financial, and physical, and I can no longer support you. If I thought there was any hope of you getting your shit together, getting a job, and getting your life back in order again, I'd wait it out and I'd continue to help you.

But, sadly, we both know now that there is just no chance of that happening. You love the drama, the passive-aggressiveness, the need for attention, the need to feel like life has been unfair to you and to constantly air your grievances. Well, you're right that life hasn't been fair to you. Welcome to the real world.

You had friends and family willing to stand by you and to help out and, boy, did we. But you chose to continue down this whining, self-destructive path and one by one they've disappeared. I'm one of the last to go and I should have withdrawn months ago. Lesson learned on my side, I hope.

I have no idea where you'll end up but, sadly, I no longer care. Any affection I had for you disappeared some time ago. So goodbye and good luck.

by Anonymousreply 45January 15, 2018 3:08 PM

Obama really was one of the worse presidents in history, but I pretend to like him.

by Anonymousreply 46January 15, 2018 3:14 PM

I let my friends talk endlessly about their certainty of the Orange Turd being impeached by Meuller and let them believe I feel the same while secrectly, the thought of a President Pence and Vice President Ryan absolutely TERRIFIES me beyond anything else. DT is a horrible, ignorant and tactless old man but Pence and Ryan would make a cunning and devestatingly evil team.

And anyone who believes that all three will be taken out of the equation, at the same time, please do share your drugs.

by Anonymousreply 47January 15, 2018 3:25 PM

I too fear Pence more than Trump. What great impeachment insurance!

by Anonymousreply 48January 15, 2018 3:31 PM

I want to let all my FB friends know that I think “T” is a mental illness, and that it’s impossible to change sex, and gaylings are science experiments for homophobes.

I want to say that transwomen are mentally ill men with fetishes, primarily autogynphilia, and that they have the same pattern of violence as males and should not be allowed in women’s spaces.

I also want to say that what the Ts are doing to “gender nonconforming” children is an atrocity.

by Anonymousreply 49January 15, 2018 3:39 PM

I've got mine and fuck the rest of you all. I have fought the fight, voted in every election, done volunteer work, supported worthwhile causes, rehabbed a house, worked everyday at since 16yrs old, etc. Now to hear people complain about the horrible state of things falls on deaf ears. I am financially stable , retired and me and my spouse are going to do our own thing on a quaint little plot of land.

by Anonymousreply 50January 15, 2018 3:39 PM

I want to say MLK day is the same as Kawnzaa, a made up holiday to give people of color a special day. AND at the same time MLK was a great man doing great work. I also want to say I am an old guy, and was slowly becoming more racist and ok with it, until Trump came along, and now I am embarrassed how I shifted towards all blacks suck etc, and feel kind of ashamed of myself. It took Trumps absurd hatefull divisiness to wake me up.

by Anonymousreply 51January 15, 2018 3:41 PM

I want to shove smartphone-obsessed people -- who seemingly can't put their devices down for a second -- when they're busy reading their screens or tapping out a text while walking up/down stairs or escalators.

by Anonymousreply 52January 15, 2018 3:48 PM

^^ Actually, I guess that's a "do without reprisal" more than a "say without reprisal."

I guess the comparable "say" would be to scream at these morons: "PUT YOUR PHONE DOWN, YOU SELF-ABSORBED GIT!"

by Anonymousreply 53January 15, 2018 3:50 PM

I have more money than all my friends but they think I'm poor because I'm kind of cheap. I live frugally, save a lot and have always invested and lived below my means. I have a used Prius that I own to their brand new leased BMW's and Mercerdes and they own their homes while I rent - my rent is super cheap yet buying where I live is crazy expensive. I want to show them my bank statements one day. Just to watch their jaws hit the floor.

by Anonymousreply 54January 15, 2018 4:02 PM

R17 clearly missed the rules in the OP's headlines. Fuck her anyway. I am in the business and I hate this War on Nookie bullshit and, trust me, I have never forced anyone into anything (but I've still been accused of shit because women didn't realize I was gay. A fact I am so fucking glad about now).

by Anonymousreply 55January 15, 2018 4:43 PM

^^ And the point of all the thrift [16] is...?

by Anonymousreply 56January 15, 2018 4:44 PM

^^Sorry, I meant 54.

by Anonymousreply 57January 15, 2018 4:44 PM

I want to tell my mother to STFU, get a life, take her meds, and stop making her happiness the responsibility of everyone else in the world EXCEPT herself. Listening to 45 years of complaining is enough!

by Anonymousreply 58January 15, 2018 4:51 PM

I do think the #metoo movement is a witch hunt, even though I agree that sexual harassment, rape and other predatory behavior is a real problem. I cannot stand the internet mob.

by Anonymousreply 59January 15, 2018 4:54 PM

i have killed 56 people

by Anonymousreply 60January 15, 2018 4:54 PM

I fucking hate that people are calling the #metoo movement a witchhunt or a public lynching. Both were horribly violent acts against women and people of color and those using the terms in this circumstances should be educated. White men whining about women and POC calling them out on their bullshit DO NOT get to use these terms in reference to themselves or the movement to exact justice from a system that, for 2,000 plus years has worked against it. I sincerely wish the fuckers using these terms would get a clue. While we're on the subject, I also fucking hate the bullshit ignorance that equates flirting with sexual assault. I'm looking at that famous french bitch I will no longer name, and letting her and all other apologists for this behavior know that they're outing themselves as both complicit and ignorant. Treating women and men with respect and dignity on the job, ANY job, is easy.

by Anonymousreply 61January 15, 2018 5:09 PM

I wish nobody would miss me and I could just check out. Why can’t I leave this world without causing other people pain?

by Anonymousreply 62January 15, 2018 5:14 PM

I want to say that most gay men are promiscuous dogs. But that would be untrue. In reality it's most MEN per se who are promiscuous dogs.

by Anonymousreply 63January 15, 2018 5:17 PM

I'm a gay guy in NYC and I voted for Trump. And I know a lot of my friends did, too.

by Anonymousreply 64January 15, 2018 5:45 PM

I'd love to punch people who voted for that bloviated fuck, without penalty, right in the kisser. Especially the ones who should've known better and those lockstep types who voted their pocketbooks.

by Anonymousreply 65January 15, 2018 5:47 PM

So I gotta ask, R64, whether you now regret that vote. And if you don't, in what ways do you think we would have been worse off with Hillary Clinton as president.

by Anonymousreply 66January 15, 2018 5:50 PM

But you secretly voted for him, didn't you R65?

by Anonymousreply 67January 15, 2018 5:50 PM

Of course, R65. I'm mentally retarded and fell for the con. You?

by Anonymousreply 68January 15, 2018 5:51 PM

Why would you think that r67?

by Anonymousreply 69January 15, 2018 5:51 PM

R65 is a lying troll

by Anonymousreply 70January 15, 2018 5:57 PM

Well of course I am, R65. This is the DL, bitch. No reprisals, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 71January 15, 2018 5:59 PM

Why no, R67, I boldly went into the room and declared my vote before all the village elders before they stoned me.

by Anonymousreply 72January 15, 2018 6:00 PM

Fuck off to the woman who says to her friends on Facebook: "men need to step up #metoo".

Bitch, I don't need to do shit! Stop dating scumbags for a start!

by Anonymousreply 73January 15, 2018 6:01 PM

Wear your misogyny with pride (R5). It means you automatically hate half of the human race - including your mother, sister, grandmother (and daughters if you have any).

Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 74January 15, 2018 6:03 PM

Silly me, I always thought that the whole of DL was a tell it like it site. This thread is catnip for TROLLS. Stop feeding them.

by Anonymousreply 75January 15, 2018 6:05 PM

[quote]Silly me, I always thought that the whole of DL was a tell it like it site.

It was until the fucking frau invasion. It's never been this bad.

by Anonymousreply 76January 15, 2018 6:07 PM

Your imagination, R76. You'd like it to be an all male site. It ain't. Lesbians are gay people too, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 77January 15, 2018 6:11 PM

Never said I wanted it t be an all male site. I would like it to be a frau free site, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 78January 15, 2018 6:13 PM

More like an incel invasion from Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 79January 15, 2018 6:14 PM

R79, for example.

by Anonymousreply 80January 15, 2018 6:16 PM

For example, R80.

by Anonymousreply 81January 15, 2018 6:19 PM

Why are you on DL, r81?

by Anonymousreply 82January 15, 2018 6:20 PM

So you can ask, R82.

When was the last time you got some good dick or a piece of ass?

by Anonymousreply 83January 15, 2018 6:21 PM

Why do you care about how often I have sex?

by Anonymousreply 84January 15, 2018 6:23 PM

Just want to know if you get any. It will explain a lot.

Please continue. This is very entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 85January 15, 2018 6:25 PM

Well by that logic, I could say the same about you. I don't want to hear about your sex life. I don't care. And yes, please continue.

by Anonymousreply 86January 15, 2018 6:27 PM

So who exactly is allowed to post on DL? Can you please lay out the ground rules and forward to Muriel once complete? Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 87January 15, 2018 6:28 PM

"the DataLounge We've been serving up this steaming pile of Gay celebrity gossip, politics and pointless bitchery since 1995 (were you even born in 1995?)"

by Anonymousreply 88January 15, 2018 6:31 PM

Does that explain who or what is allowed and isn't allowed? Did you misunderstand the assignment?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 15, 2018 6:34 PM

It is really fucking racist to call drag the equivalent of blackface. Clothes are things you can just put on and take off. Skin is something that is on you from the day you are born until the day you die.

by Anonymousreply 90January 15, 2018 6:35 PM

I love my brother dearly, but for the life of me I can't understand why he let his life turned out the way it did. My sister-in-law was a nice person and good friend (she passed away a few months ago from cancer), but her choices led to constant drama, and her coddling of my niece and nephew has resulted in two high school drop-outs who live off their father.

My niece has the emotional maturity of a 16-year old even though she's 28 PLUS has two children of her own. She has ever been married, of course, and the father has nothing to do with either child. She doesn't work because life was just too hard for her, or so my sister-in-law made her think. My sister-in-law supported her dropping out of high school. My nephew has worked odd jobs in the food industry. My sister-in-law supported him dropping out of high school, too. He took off several months to be with his mother since she was terminal with cancer. I think he's going back to work next month. Hard to say.

The worst part of it all is that his house has literally been destroyed by his two kids and two grandchildren. Everything if filthy dirty, toilets are broken, showers are broken, holes in walls, filthy carpet, junk everywhere. It's fucking disgusting. When I was home visiting, I know he was upset about it, but I couldn't stay there. I stayed in a hotel. There was no way I was going to stay in that disgusting filthy hole. Vile. But with two kids who don't work or do anything outside the home, why is the house dirty? I'd make those freeloaders a list of shit to do every single day, and if it didn't get done, there'd be hell to pay.

My brother knows he needs to be harder on both kids to make them grow up and become more responsible, but he is such a non-confrontational softie, he can't do it. It's always been an achilles heel of his. I love my brother, but I'm embarrassed by his life choices and his filthy home. And I think he's a huge pussy for not cracking down on his loser kids.

by Anonymousreply 91January 15, 2018 6:37 PM

Picking your own gender is a fantasy and legislating it doesn’t change that.

by Anonymousreply 92January 15, 2018 6:39 PM

Lesbians are always welcome.

It’s the straight bimbos who end to leave.

by Anonymousreply 93January 15, 2018 6:39 PM

*need*

by Anonymousreply 94January 15, 2018 6:40 PM

R91 I try not to judge my sister based on her child rearing results

by Anonymousreply 95January 15, 2018 6:41 PM

I have never told a man "I love you."

by Anonymousreply 96January 15, 2018 7:28 PM

To my dear friend who I support in all your endeavors because too many people have been assholes to you and you need a safe, non-judgmental person in your life:

You're never getting cast on SURVIVOR. It's not your (multiple) video auditions that are the problem, it's not that the casting department hasn't noticed you or are stupid and don't know how to do their job (as you claim), you are simply not what people want to watch on TV. You're not hot enough to be one of the hot ones, and I love you but you are off-putting and look odd on camera.

Becoming online "friends" with former cast members won't help you, they have no pull with the casting office and they don't really want to help you get cast, they're being nice. Les Moonves is never approving you as a lead cast member in a prime time network show. And even if you were cast, you would be one of the first voted out. It won't advance your career (whatever that is) or give your life meaning.

You need to let go of this weird obsession and do something real with your life. Temping until you're cast on reality TV is not a practical life plan. You are an educated person, maybe do something with that.

by Anonymousreply 97January 15, 2018 8:02 PM

Bullshit, R97, I'm BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 98January 15, 2018 8:07 PM

Affirmative action is an insidious form of racism

by Anonymousreply 99January 15, 2018 8:17 PM

My liberal friends are all racist.

by Anonymousreply 100January 15, 2018 8:25 PM

Why do ugly guys think they have the right to talk to me?

by Anonymousreply 101January 15, 2018 8:26 PM

I just watched / listened to this and was crying like a baby ... and thinking about my dog too who is gone... and my shitty life...and I can't help wonder if Dolores and Cordell (Denny Cordell) are better off now anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 15, 2018 8:32 PM

Millennials are high maintenance and poor leaders. It’s like they have all the worst qualities of boomers but can’t get the job done unless they are on teams with constant ego stroking. I worry about my future with them at the helm

by Anonymousreply 103January 15, 2018 8:45 PM

I'm on the borderline between Gen X and Millennial, R103, and I agree with you. It's frightening.

by Anonymousreply 104January 15, 2018 8:47 PM

I've been passed over for jobs where they hire millennials with less experience and it baffles me.

by Anonymousreply 105January 15, 2018 10:38 PM

America learned nothing from 9/11, deserves to be nuked by North Korea, and I'll laugh when it happens.

by Anonymousreply 106January 15, 2018 10:45 PM

Do you think blackface is done with actual skin, R90? There really are some similarities between blackface and drag, starting with the fact that clothing and makeup are both removable.

by Anonymousreply 107January 15, 2018 10:55 PM

Dear unattractive straight male co-worker who is 160 lbs overweight: I do not want to hear about your crushes on the college students we teach. I do not care whether one of the young girls you fantasize about said hello to you today or said "Did you miss me" after she came back from vacation. I do not want to hear which female student has confided in you about working as a cam girl. I am sick of reminding you that these remarks are inappropriate or pointedly saying you need professional help, to which you always respond: Yes, I know I'm out of their age range. You're also out of their hotness range and completely off their radar. They find you about as attractive as they would Ronald McDonald. And you make me want to throw up. Whew. I needed that.

by Anonymousreply 108January 15, 2018 10:55 PM

[quote]R108 Dear unattractive straight male co-worker... I am sick of reminding you that these remarks are inappropriate or pointedly saying you need professional help, to which you always respond: Yes, I know ...you make me want to throw up.

Do you think your institution, you, or your students benefit from his being there? Why are you complicit in compromising your education system and fellow staff?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109January 15, 2018 11:39 PM

Most of my weekends have turned into sitting on the couch and drinking bottle after bottle of wine. I'm sure part of it is depression/addiction, but frankly part of me is relieved to not have to deal with the hell that is other people.

by Anonymousreply 110January 16, 2018 12:24 AM

Im pissed some friends are getting married 3hours drive away so we all have to stay at fucking hotels and shit. Are they from that small town? No it's just where they took their first holiday together

FFS

by Anonymousreply 111January 16, 2018 2:02 AM

The so-called Deplorables aren't really the issue at all. A bigger problem is that the two major parties consistently regard eligible voters as Ignorables, except when it comes to small demographic slices of the voter pie at election time.

by Anonymousreply 112January 16, 2018 2:33 AM

R129, he's tenured. I'm an adjunct who works with him.. I wield no power. Also, he's not doing things that offend students. He's saying things that offend me, which equals a credibility contest.

by Anonymousreply 113January 16, 2018 5:30 AM

R113 Thank you for elaborating. Sorry you have to endure his slime : ( Sounds wretched....

by Anonymousreply 114January 16, 2018 5:40 AM

i been very depressed since drump was elected.

to think that that many people are redneck mother fukkers and think his awful ass is fit for prez

and that he aint impeached yet.

to see repubs standing by him......is this what nazi germany was like in the early days>>>??

when do i awake from this horrible dream

by Anonymousreply 115January 16, 2018 5:52 AM

R110 you get me.

by Anonymousreply 116January 16, 2018 5:58 AM

I enjoy seeing the rich suffer. I realize not everyone in Montecito is loaded, but seeing mansions covered with mud makes me happy.

by Anonymousreply 117January 16, 2018 6:04 AM

That the majority of men--gay or straight--are mentally ill, power-mad, and are always barely containing their natural predispositions for violence (if they are successful in doing so), and are outrageously, sickly perverse and are responsible for everything that has ruined society and nature.

by Anonymousreply 118January 16, 2018 6:07 AM

Everything would be wonderful if women ran things, R118!

by Anonymousreply 119January 16, 2018 6:13 AM

thanks, but i can say anything i want. and i do.

by Anonymousreply 120January 16, 2018 6:17 AM

Stop being such a baby, R113. He sounds harmless.

by Anonymousreply 121January 16, 2018 6:19 AM

R 110

The hell that is other people.

"L'enfers, c'est les autres." Beckett, I think , Waiting for Godot Don't wanna sound pretentious, but I hold that thought in my head constantly.

by Anonymousreply 122January 16, 2018 6:23 AM

[quote] Everything would be wonderful if women ran things, [R118]!

You must never have met my last boyfriend's mother.

by Anonymousreply 123January 16, 2018 6:26 AM

I hear you R117.

I am angry that now Oprah has the whole place there in Montecito all to herself. Nothing happened to Oprah's mansion, it was not affected by the fire or the mudslides. Nothing, yet the bitch posted a pity photo anyway. The only damage was a little flooding on one of her 60 acres, the acreage furthest away from her mansion. All except for one of her neighbors mansions are either damaged or gone. Once everything is cleaned up she will have the whole damn place to herself, her mansion and land intact.

This is what I am mad about; this self-benefiting bitch even benefits from disaster and tragedy. So that's what I've wanted to say but couldn't.

by Anonymousreply 124January 16, 2018 6:41 AM

The deplorables don't care about anyone but themselves. I could deal with that if they were 10% of voters. But it's more like 35%. Over a third of all voters don't care about Trumps lies and corruption and they also don't seem to care about sex crimes against children and women. That's what is truly upsetting to me. 10% is understandable at this point in time, but *over one-third* of voters either don't care and turn a blind eye to it, or are pervs/deviants or sex offenders themselves. I have a real hard time with that number. Real hard time. I secretly wish them all dead.

by Anonymousreply 125January 16, 2018 6:58 AM

An old high school friend is a lush, loud and obnoxious, which she thinks makes her the life of the party in any room. She posts cringe-worthy stuff online to which I want to post to her, "Put the bottle of wine down and go to bed!"

by Anonymousreply 126January 16, 2018 7:06 AM

The word "codependent" is thrown around too much to stigmatize someone who feels sad for being single when he sees so many other gay men getting everything they want out of life like never before. They say hopeless romantics don't make good boyfriends or husbands, but let me tell you, it's better than trying to reform a slut.

by Anonymousreply 127January 16, 2018 7:16 AM

What kind of stuff r126?

by Anonymousreply 128January 16, 2018 7:26 AM

R124 Have you ever thought maybe God didn't want anything bad to happen to Oprah's home? Maybe there is a reason why her mansion remained untouched.

Say what you will about her but she earned her money and had the classic rags to riches story. I think she triggers something in certain people....if she can do it, so can anyone and that bothers people who don't have the willpower or the excuse. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 129January 16, 2018 7:38 AM

God spared Dollywood for the same reason, R129.

by Anonymousreply 130January 16, 2018 7:48 AM

R 121, you go listen to that shit week-in, week-out. I think the two of you would get on fine.

by Anonymousreply 131January 16, 2018 8:22 AM

The pearls that all these fraus clutch are cheap costume jewelry.

NOI- No Oysters Involved

by Anonymousreply 132January 16, 2018 8:40 AM

To the women abused by their partners, you kind of knew your partner was a dickhead when you met him, but that's what attracted you to him, wasn't it?

by Anonymousreply 133January 16, 2018 8:49 AM

Bi is not gay you dumb fucks.

by Anonymousreply 134January 16, 2018 8:52 AM

R122, it's Sartre, not Beckett.

by Anonymousreply 135January 16, 2018 9:02 AM

I am appalled by the change in my European city. It has become an outpost of the United Nations of the unemployed. Blatant shoplifting, harassment, begging all while in receipt of generous benefits. Demanding access to the best houses (using rent allowances) and using every scam to exploit the system. Expecting all needs to be funded by the state. They have no interest in integration unlike previous generations of immigrants. It's all about the take. They claim to be 'refugees' yet return 'home' frequently for holidays.

by Anonymousreply 136January 16, 2018 9:20 AM

R136 Are you in the UK?

by Anonymousreply 137January 16, 2018 9:29 AM

Yes, UK, and feeling low about changes on both sides of the Atlantic.

by Anonymousreply 138January 16, 2018 9:45 AM

R136 I hope you are smart enough to realize it is by design.

Your government, along with the UN, WANT to create fear and chaos. Until we adress the actual root of the problem, it will continue.

Burning down refugee camps is not the answer....burning down the government and politicans homes however...

by Anonymousreply 139January 16, 2018 10:25 AM

I am a G; my equal is an L.

Take your Ts and Qs and Bs and Is and everything else and go the fuck away.

by Anonymousreply 140January 16, 2018 10:45 AM

Betty Buckley is a talentless hack. I've always thought her voice sounded like grating metal.

by Anonymousreply 141January 16, 2018 10:56 AM

You know what I hate? Posters who start a sentence with “you don’t get to....”

Usually something like “you don’t get to use this [insert term] because you are male/white/cis” whatever. Or “you don’t get to criticize so and so (usually a woman or POC) because you don’t define his/her experience blah blah blah.”

Yeah, actually, I DO “get to” say my piece on an anonymous message board. And you “get to” disagree with me. It’s called freedom of speech, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 142January 16, 2018 10:59 AM

I’m the thread someone starts in 2027 that calls this movie horribly dated, manipulative Oscar bait.

by Anonymousreply 143January 16, 2018 11:22 AM

Whoops wrong thread.

And while I’m here....I hate it when someone posts in the wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 144January 16, 2018 11:24 AM

I think even today most women tend to be compliant to please dominating men and have low self esteem. This saddens me. Even so, I'm tired of the constant, ubiquitous, self-aggrandizing description women now use about each other: "She's a strong, independent woman." A cliche that has become meaningless, in the way they used to say all women were "lovely."

And now, with #MeToo, this cliche is absofuckinglutely everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 145January 16, 2018 11:39 AM

It should not be illegal to kill MS-13 gang members. Seriously. Why can't the police just SS the fuck out of them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146January 16, 2018 11:54 AM

I'm smarter & more well educated than 95% of the population and have to deal with mediocrity and morons every fucking day... no matter where I go or who I talk to. I was in academia for a little while where I was insulated from this, though there were still plenty of idiots in there as well (and I wasn't on top in that pyramid admittedly, given the reputation of that school). But these days in the "real world" (and a new, less-academic part of the country), I just encounter one dumb fuck after the next. Also, what is wrong with (many) gay men's brains? Why are so many of them dumber than rocks? And humorless? You have to have an IQ above 100 to have a basic sense of humor, but it seems to be absent, like some kind of missing brain structure. Somehow it's different on this website with some very witty people (and there are plenty of examples of idiots thinking they are funny). In person, I want to stab myself in the eye when talking to some of the vapid queens out there on a date or socially.

Intelligence is such a threatening topic to people, and it’s like nobody will accept that there is a bell curve and they are not on top. Every time I see people pointing out spelling and grammar errors to make themselves feel superior to others intellectually, it just looks sad. How about you point out your degrees, peer-reviewed publications, patents, awards, the number of universities / corporations who invited you to do lectures? That being said, it might be a good thing or this board would look like Reddit. Sites like Reddit, Wikipedia, and so on are a mess. Even without them, we are in an era of feelings over facts and that’s exhausting. The election of Trump is the ultimate example of how the population hates intellect and experience - just a shining, greasy, hideous example of it. And again, nobody can be wrong anymore because people are so fucking insecure and sensitive about their intelligence. In the academic world, the whole point was to figure out where you were wrong, improve your theories, and then come back. We WANTED to be shown where we were wrong. If someone shows me that I am wrong, it's a good thing. This allows me to revise my approach or working hypothesis and do better. But the rest of the world has developed an incredibly unhealthy emotional attachment to their version of "facts"... and can't let go when proven wrong... ever.

In the heinous white collar office world, the population average intelligence is so far below my own, so I am basically underused, misunderstood, and overlooked in every capacity... every day. And, this is only if I am even allowed to engage with someone who isn't already put off by my experience & degrees as being too intimidating / threatening to deal with. It was excruciating to deal with 22 year old numbskull drone recruiters who needed to check off their little boxes before I could talk to someone who actually mattered (who was also dumb as fuck). In an average workplace situation - presenting something novel or data-driven insight is like talking to fucking cows chewing their cud. They're just there to get their paychecks and go home to pay their mortgage, maintain their 1994 perm, and make sure little Karter's college tuition to some shitty school where he'll learn nothing & repeat the cycle is paid off.

So that's that.

by Anonymousreply 147January 16, 2018 12:11 PM

[quote]I'm smarter & more well educated than 95% of the population

And now you are better educated.

by Anonymousreply 148January 16, 2018 12:24 PM

My friend of 30 years decided about 2 years ago that all of the problems in his drama-filled life were because he's trans. He began the process and has been living legally as a woman for about a year, and every time I see HIM, I want to shake HIM and scream in HIS face what a fucked-up mental case HE is, how HE'S selfishly ruined HIS children's lives, and how HE'LL regret this all in 5-10 years time.

by Anonymousreply 149January 16, 2018 12:32 PM

I am diabetic, but I would rather die early than be the world’s oldest eater of nothing but protein, vegetables, and whole grain other quarter of the plate.

Sometimes, Haagen-Dazs or pasta is really the only thing that will do (and please, no “rice dream” or quinoa pasta suggestions).

by Anonymousreply 150January 16, 2018 12:40 PM

R45 just described how I feel about my ex best friend, only I want to add that everyone sees through his drug use. Everyone knows and everyone can tell.

I also hate redneck, blue collar people. The Trump voters of the world. I honestly think the world would be a better place without them.

I also really don't understand the obsession with youth. I was miserable when I was younger, was broke and felt stupid and insecure. And young people now aren't even good looking. They're lumpy, bad dressers and ugly is celebrated as fabulous. I have yet to meet a twenty year old these days who is as hot as their Xer counterparts.

by Anonymousreply 151January 16, 2018 12:54 PM

I don’t give a flying fuck about Trump. Electing crappy actors is what America occasionally does. All the tedious virtue-signallers, clickbait journos, fucking pussy hatted fraus, and chat show hosts & their lame stars spouting Trump shit endlessly are the biggest bores on Earth. He’s not a moron. But he’s certainly a cunt. But basically he’s just another venal narrow minded businessman — throw a rock, hit a dozen. You got 4 years of him. Get over it, and yourselves, and do something interesting, and talk about something else. But you won’t of course. Like a tedious child, or the party bore who bores on long after the last guest has taken to drink to drown them out, on and on it goes. Sorry, but some of us are living great lives right now, and we’d prefer you take your infantle whining elsewhere. You sound POOR. And dull. AND worst crime of all — BORING. That’s my rant. Now I feel better. But I wish I had a bullet for every smug virtue-signaller. They are the new plague of this era.

by Anonymousreply 152January 16, 2018 12:55 PM

[quote]I have yet to meet a twenty year old these days who is as hot as their Xer counterparts.

R151 types blind.

by Anonymousreply 153January 16, 2018 12:55 PM

[quote]I am appalled by the change in my European city.

It’s not just your city, honey, it’s global, thanks to UN policies that mandate refugee intakes for member countries. There will be a backlash but it will be all too late. Try and enjoy other things, as compared to what it will be like 20 years from now, it is still a Golden Era. The Third World migration has barely begun. Demography is destiny. Every year your city is going to get a little more compromised, a little more shabby. There’s nothing you can do about it, and when you can’t change things, it’s inportant not to let them stress you. Even if you now have to fight for a place on the morning train!

by Anonymousreply 154January 16, 2018 1:30 PM

Sex is your biology. Gender is what you wished your biology was. Wishing you were a woman doesn't make you one. While you can get close to being a woman overtime with medical grade hormones you will never be as woman as a biological woman.

And I don't want a silicone dick, a wooden dick or a surgeon's art project. I want the dick designed by mother nature!

by Anonymousreply 155January 16, 2018 1:50 PM

Agree with R152, 100%. The end result of all that smug social media handwringing and virtue-signaling—especially among well-to-do whites whose quality of life has remained just fine— is that it further convinces the Trump voters that they were right all along and that there’s some big liberal conspiracy going on. But those social media bloviators think they’re doing us all a great service by constantly reminding us that they are so morally aghast at our president (in between posting photos of their wonderful children and fabulous vacations).

STFU people, you look like asses. If you want to do something productive, volunteer for a Democratic campaign or a voter registration drive. And VOTE.

by Anonymousreply 156January 16, 2018 1:51 PM

R118 = A male hating, radical separatist lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 157January 16, 2018 1:57 PM

That gay men who hate women and trans people are the biggest fucking hypocrites to walk the Earth.

by Anonymousreply 158January 16, 2018 2:05 PM

Reply to (R147)...

What you don't understand is that some people actually value being 'nice' over being a 'smart know it all'.

You sound like Josef Mengele. He was really intelligent too.

by Anonymousreply 159January 16, 2018 2:14 PM

When MS-13 gang members are deported home, the men in their villages take machetes to them.

No MS-13 gang problems in El Salvador

by Anonymousreply 160January 16, 2018 2:44 PM

And a standing ovation for R152! Bravo!!!

by Anonymousreply 161January 16, 2018 3:08 PM

I would be fine with voluntary re-segregation. Honestly, I think blacks and certain other minorities would be much happier. Some black leaders have already stated as such. Again, it would be VOLUNTARY.

by Anonymousreply 162January 16, 2018 3:19 PM

Yes, R152, many Democrats now look as petulant as Republicans did, bitching non-stop about Obama's every word/deed during his terms in office.

I will be contributing to Democratic election/re-election funds, doing volunteer work for the party leading up to actual elections and voting blue. That will have to be enough.

by Anonymousreply 163January 16, 2018 3:26 PM

I made the big mistake visiting celebitchy today. I was bored.

To celebitchy, kaiser, the 40 something year old fraus who comment there and whomever else...you are not victims! I wrote one comment under the Condoleezza Rice post:" white American women infantilize themselves".

It got deleted.

Contrary to popular belief, they WANT to be treated like retarded childen.

When you willingly suck dick and expect a man to read your mind...you are not a metoo victim so stfu! I really do hope the consequences are that more companies don't hire women (white American women) then they will really have to suck dick for money.

by Anonymousreply 164January 16, 2018 3:43 PM

I made the big mistake visiting celebitchy today. I was bored.

To celebitchy, kaiser, the 40 something year old fraus who comment there and whomever else...you are not victims! I wrote one comment under the Condoleezza Rice post:" white American women infantilize themselves".

It got deleted.

Contrary to popular belief, they WANT to be treated like retarded childen.

When you willingly suck dick and expect a man to read your mind...you are not a metoo victim so stfu! I really do hope the consequences are that more companies don't hire women (white American women) then they will really have to suck dick for money.

by Anonymousreply 165January 16, 2018 3:43 PM

I cant wait for my parents to die

by Anonymousreply 166January 16, 2018 4:29 PM

that's the spirit r166! THAT'S the kind of thing I was talking about!

by Anonymousreply 167January 16, 2018 4:43 PM

R166 - I guess this is the time and place to say that I was very relieved when my parents died 18 and 20 years ago before I was even 40. They were both in their 70’s had very bad health and were super fucked up messes who really should never have married each other or had me. I did love them, but I was grateful they died and I did not have to take care of them. Whew. Glad this is anonymous.

by Anonymousreply 168January 16, 2018 4:48 PM

Black guys at the gym , in the locker room bring in these HUGE gym bags full of shit! Then proceed to spread it all out on the bench with the bag on the floor blocking everyone's way . Then they leave their shit shit on the bench and go to the shower area with the huge bag and block everyone's way there too. I mean WTF !!!!!! God help anyone that says anything !

by Anonymousreply 169January 16, 2018 5:02 PM

R169. I changed gyms due to this. It wasn't just black guys...I found it was guys about age 50. They spread everything out when all the rest F us are in a rush to get showered and get to work. I told one of them that's he needed to move some of his things as I had to sit to put my pants and shoes on. He apologized and moved some things over. Another one completely ignored me, and a third said he had to leave his things out like that.

If you like the gym, report that behavior to the management. It is inexcusably rude to elders who have to sit down to dress.

by Anonymousreply 170January 16, 2018 10:07 PM

Due to obvious reading comprehension problems, along with your deep-seated need to project your issues onto others, not too mention your excessive pro-Oprah trolling, you missed the point of my vent post R129. You did notice the "without reprisal" part of the thread title, right?

Your projection is obvious to me as the jealousy you feel for rich people, that I do not experience, was not the point or purpose of my post or what my post was even about. Although I didn't like her pity photo that she posted amid the real loss of life tragedies, she didn't trigger anything in me and I never said Oprah didn't earn her money or didn't deserve the mansion that was one of very few spared in the fires and mudslides.

F&F/Blocked R129 for judging me on a "venting without reprisal" thread when you could have and should have just ignored my post and shut the fuck up, instead of lecturing me on Oprah's hardships and schooling me on her rags to riches story while projecting your own issues with jealousy.

Two helpful suggestions for you; 1- develop some reading comprehension skills, and 2- stop selling and promoting Oprah in places where it's not appropriate, such as this thread, for one. For future reference, many of those who dislike like her aren't jealous of her. They just see right through her and don't share her values and beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 171January 17, 2018 12:01 AM

Celebrities who apologise. Deneuve. Damon. Et al. Of course worse are those who demand they apologise. No one is brave enough to stick by their words — even when, as in the case of Deneuve, they need to be said.

People who travel with 10 tons of luggage. It’s bad enough with the rich, but to see obviously poor people with mountains of their tat in the Check-In queue is the end of the world.

Black people (usually women) who commandeer a public space with voices raised twenty decibels over every other person. It’s just rude. Shut the fuck up. Bad manners never overcame marginalisation.

by Anonymousreply 172January 17, 2018 12:19 AM

R152 and R156 are spot on, But no one will listen and Trump will be reelected in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 173January 17, 2018 1:26 AM

I don't like Trump, I didn't vote for Trump, and I think he's a thin-skinned crybaby who is an embarrassment to the position of President. Having said that I think some of the Dems and media are being ridiculous. To hear Maxine Waters chant "Impeach Trump! Impeach Trump" just makes her sound like a fucking loon. Look, if the Mueller investigation produces evidence to support impeachment, then let's do it. But without anything that would support impeachment, then he shouldn't be impeached.

by Anonymousreply 174January 17, 2018 1:46 AM

And I would like to say that R174 is a fucking asshole, because the question is not going to be whether or not Trump will have been proven to have committed impeachable offenses - we're already there - but what we're going to do when the GOP lackeys refuse to do their constitutional job and the Supreme Court provides cover for it.

This is the worst situation the country has been in since the Civil War. It is not about Trump. It is about the circumstances and climate that made him possible and that are acting to make his legacy the worst we've ever had.

It's also not the Mueller's job alone to provide "evidence" to support impeachment. Congress is not doing its job, which is to do precisely that. In fact, Congress is impeding and obstructing the process of truth-finding.

Grow up. Maxine Waters being your bugaboo shows you to be a cunt's cunt. Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 175January 17, 2018 1:52 AM

R175 = the reason Trump won.

by Anonymousreply 176January 17, 2018 1:55 AM

[quote]And I would like to say that [R174] is a fucking asshole

So much for venting "without reprisal".

by Anonymousreply 177January 17, 2018 2:00 AM

[quote]So much for venting "without reprisal".

And you believed it? There’s no such thing as “no reprisals” on DL.

[quote]—R174, who could give two shits if you think I'm an asshole

Sorry, but there’s a three shits minimum.

by Anonymousreply 178January 17, 2018 2:19 AM

My Uterus is dry

by Anonymousreply 179January 17, 2018 3:18 AM

Mtt are MEN. Alway have been men, always will be men. No shade of lipstick will change that you are a MAN. No dress, no matter how pretty, will change the fact that you are a MAN. Stop trying to coerce us to lie about it. 2+2 does NOT equal 9, & I refuse to say it does!

by Anonymousreply 180January 17, 2018 3:26 AM

Listening to audio books is not “reading”.

by Anonymousreply 181January 17, 2018 3:35 AM

[quote]the population average intelligence is so far below my own, so I am basically underused, misunderstood, and overlooked in every capacity... every day. And, this is only if I am even allowed to engage with someone who isn't already put off by my experience & degrees as being too intimidating / threatening to deal with.

"Only if I'm allowed to engage..." Oh, my sides!

by Anonymousreply 182January 17, 2018 3:39 AM

R108 Lololol, this reminds me of any Belle & Sebastian song!

by Anonymousreply 183January 17, 2018 4:01 AM

R118 You just described angry lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 184January 17, 2018 4:03 AM

R171 I'm sorry

by Anonymousreply 185January 17, 2018 4:16 AM

Can I vent about the torture that is shopping? Why are there people at the register with a shit ton of merchandise, taking their time deciding which items they want and which items they put back? Bitch, when did the cashier become your personal sales lady??

Then there’s the dreaded couple - he’s in line with one item, and 10 minutes later the wife shows up with 3 shopping carts full of shit saying “I’m with him”, cutting in front of the line and extending your wait time by a half hour.

Then there’s the supermarket welfare fucks who have one pile of groceries but check out 4 times, dividing the payments between cash, food stamps, WIC cards, etc. it’s like they’re taking out a mortgage.

And don’t get me started on the chatty salespeople or worse, the security guard who shouts at you when you walk in “welcome, hello- how are you today?!” Yes, we know you have to establish rapport/eye contact to deter shoplifting, but don’t act like you’re my long lost mother.

This is why retail is dying.

by Anonymousreply 186January 17, 2018 4:23 AM

I'm really upset with my brother. I don't have a relationship with my mom but my brother tells her everything about me, and then he tells me everything that she said about me, like how I'm a disappointment, how I'm messing up, whatever....I've told him not to tell her anything about me anymore and even told him that i don't want to hear what she says about me, but he does anyway. My brother and I aren't all that close but he's the only family member i have so I don't know what to do. I don't want to hear about what my mom thinks and I really don't want him telling her everything in the first place. It's just frustrating and I wish he'd stop.

by Anonymousreply 187January 17, 2018 4:26 AM

I think abortions should be free of charge and available on-demand at every hospital in America. We have way too many fucked up people having way too many fucked up kids, and it causes tremendous societal problems.

by Anonymousreply 188January 17, 2018 4:36 AM

R187 I went through the exact same experience and can tell you that if he hasn't stopped by now he's not going to. My toxic, abusive mother was using my brother to get to me which made me feel like I still had a relationship with her. After giving him many chances and telling him I would stop speaking to him if he didn't stop letting her use him to get to me, I finally cut him off permanently. I realized he was not trustworthy or worthy of my time and that he did not have my best interests at heart.

I told him why our relationship was over, keeping it short and simple, and immediately changed all of my contact info. That was nine years ago and it turned out to be the right decision that I do not regret. You only have two options; put up with it OR cut ties with him. He's not going to change.

by Anonymousreply 189January 17, 2018 4:46 AM

To a lot of young women, why are you so stuck-up, self-absorbed, and generally cunty?

by Anonymousreply 190January 17, 2018 5:52 AM

I don't think that people with Down Syndrome are beautiful, funny, or fun to be around, contrary to how they're presented in media.

I do have compassion for them and treat them with kindness, however.

by Anonymousreply 191January 17, 2018 6:19 AM

I think most poor people are poor (in the West), because they have shitty attitudes.

They can't hold down decent jobs, because they are mouthy and everyone is out to get them and hard work is beneath them. Sadly, this bad attitude gets passed onto their children, in most cases, and the cycle repeats.

by Anonymousreply 192January 17, 2018 6:21 AM

I HATE rachel maddow. She is always SO freaking proud of herself and so smug. And she gave an interview a few years ago where she said "Oh, I don't watch TV, I don't have one," like she's so much better and smarter than everyone else. And that whole thing she pulled with trump's taxes. That was the original shit show. And I hate the dem leadership too. I wouldn't want a doctor that's 140 years old so why the fuck is Senator Feinstein still running? And Schumer, who looks and sounds like a child molester, and Pelosi with that voice of hers, and Bernie still running around like he has a giant doody in his pants. Dems haven't learned their lesson from 2016 and we'll pay the piper again in 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193January 17, 2018 6:21 AM

the #meetoo cunts are basically sluts who were working the system and are annoyed it didn't work out.

by Anonymousreply 194January 17, 2018 12:29 PM

R194, yes, a lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 195January 17, 2018 12:31 PM

R148 poster has the Mo' , Betta' Blues

by Anonymousreply 196January 17, 2018 12:55 PM

I have come to hate the US.

by Anonymousreply 197January 17, 2018 1:02 PM

I think Mira Sorvino was ungrateful for disavowing Woody Allen. His "Mighty Aphrodite" put her on the map. She won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for the performance HE directed.

I did enjoy her in "Romy and Michele's High School Reunion," though.

by Anonymousreply 198January 17, 2018 1:30 PM

I think James Franco is repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 199January 17, 2018 2:24 PM

I [italic]didn't[/italic] like "Romy and Michele's High School Reunion." That's right. I said it. I didn't find it funny at all.

by Anonymousreply 200January 17, 2018 2:38 PM

Hey r200! Fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 201January 17, 2018 3:05 PM

I don't think that Betty White is all that.

by Anonymousreply 202January 17, 2018 3:07 PM

[quote]I think James Franco is repulsive.

Actually, posting "I [italic]don't[/italic] think James Franco is repulsive" is the correct DataLounge "vent without reprisal."

by Anonymousreply 203January 17, 2018 3:10 PM

I have never liked Will and Grace, I always felt that Jack's character reinforced negative stereotypes , I have not seen one episode

by Anonymousreply 204January 17, 2018 3:59 PM

r204 Your argument, with which I agree, btw, would be a lot stronger if you omitted your last "sentence."

by Anonymousreply 205January 17, 2018 4:03 PM

r194 they're a small minority. The real drivers are all the social media wannabe females behind them (usually UMC and white) who never got their 15 minutes, and never will. They were raised by helicopter parents (mainly mothers) to ignore socio-cultural realities and told they are as special and beautiful as the perennial A list of rich, white Beckys and Chads. If anyone questions or rejects that, the women are automatically victims and the people rejecting them are 'abusive' in some way.

These females and their mothers--who also didn't get to live their fabulous dream lives--will glom onto any issue starting to be covered in the media like starving lampreys. Yes, there are autistic kids but not every odd, intelligent, hypersensitive, over coddled, non-functional male is "on the Spectrum". Their mothers put them into that category so they could validate their own lives and create a social media identity that garners attention. It also creates a pathology that explains the kid's failure to be in that A list cool group they all covet. Conveniently, it also answers any embarrassing questions about why the 29 year old son is in the basement all day, playing Xbox.

The younger female generation doesn't have motherhood to use, so they lamprey onto issues that mask their own insecurities and turn anyone who questions them into 'literal abusers', all the while boosting that social media profile. They're socially awkward and ill-equipped for healthy sexual relationships because mother told them they were 'empowered', 'able to achieve anything you set your mind to', and also took them to get birth control, because she's a 'cool mom'--and that was it. Now they're confused because they really, really want to be hooking up with hot guys, or in a relationship that makes them look good. They end up blowing a '4' who's in the cool frat and he didn't even fucking text them after. Their mothers didn't prepare them for any of this, but they did promote the self-absorption, so the guy is now a sexual abuser because all the other females in the same regret boat validate them through social media acceptance because they all do the same thing. And you can bet your ass all the middling talent 20-30 yr old female "culture bloggers" who couldn't get a gig and troll social media for click-bait outrage pieces are salivating at the thought of another story for the RTs.

And *all* of them are thrilled for the #metoo exposure. This is a gold mine because they can put themselves under the same umbrella as not only real victims, but *famous people*. Their overwrought 'bad date' account is now Sexual Assault, and gets instant hashtag recognition from clickbait starved, unethical media outlets. And if you question it, you're inflicting literal violence on all the 'victims'.

Now all the people who really need this movement, like actual rape victims of predators like HW, victims of systemic harassment, underage abuse victims, marginalized women like sex workers, etc. are being sidelined by immature, narcissistic females who were raised by women who cut them off at the knees by not being honest about not everyone making it, and how to be confident and have self-worth if you're not on the A list.

In the grand scheme of today's world, this would not be a major issue except it's now destroying fundamental societal pillars like presumption of innocence, reasoned argument, and respect for difference. Even worse, it gives misogynists and abusers cover for their actions because they can point to all this out of control pile on and abrogate their own responsibility to look at their actions as part of the problem.

As usual, no one will exist in the grey areas to actually solve anything. Everyone wants to be right, and no one wants to fix anything.

Thank you OP. I needed to vent.

by Anonymousreply 206January 17, 2018 4:03 PM

I've had my fair share of both male and female bosses. The women, by far, have been the worse. Most of them have been insecure, controlling, and passive-aggressive. That said, the best boss I've ever had was a woman, but she was definitely the exception to the rule.

by Anonymousreply 207January 17, 2018 4:49 PM

[R207] same

by Anonymousreply 208January 17, 2018 4:53 PM

That was an incredible vent R206, so very accurate and beautifully written as well. I would also add that young women who don't have the complicit helicopter moms, the ones with the moms that basically just ignore them, they turn to some social media outlets (especially Tumblr) that prey on insecure, unattractive, weak-minded young women looking for attention and validation (some still in grade school) and begin grooming and brainwashing them into their "victim identity".

by Anonymousreply 209January 17, 2018 4:59 PM

I don't read long posts like R206 because the more words they type, the more tedious and boring they are.

Thank you. I needed to vent.

by Anonymousreply 210January 17, 2018 5:13 PM

I love how r154 blames the refugee crisis on the U.N.

As opposed to George W. Bush, Nouri Al-Maliki and ISIS.

by Anonymousreply 211January 17, 2018 5:22 PM

I voted for Obama because he was Black. No other reason. And now I regret it.

by Anonymousreply 212January 18, 2018 2:34 AM

Masterfully done, R206.

by Anonymousreply 213January 18, 2018 2:59 AM

[quote] I have never liked Will and Grace, I always felt that Jack's character reinforced negative stereotypes , I have not seen one episode

I saw part of an episode. If you were wrong, I would have finished it.

by Anonymousreply 214January 18, 2018 3:05 AM

Why isn't there a similar #meetoo campaign for 'mean girl' style bullying?

Going by the Dolly Everett cause in Australia, it seems 'mean girl' bullying is more deadly than sexual harrassment.

by Anonymousreply 215January 18, 2018 5:42 AM

I was watching the movie Cleopatra starring Elizabeth Taylor and couldn't help but cringe.

The main cast looked like bloated middle aged white people attending their yearly office costume party.

It made me realize a lot of...people...lack self awareness.

by Anonymousreply 216January 18, 2018 8:41 AM

i long to spend my entire inheritance on whores...

by Anonymousreply 217January 18, 2018 8:46 AM

I dread when someone goes bonkers negative over another persons post..

by Anonymousreply 218January 18, 2018 8:48 AM

I work on a university campus and a few months ago I had to deal with a young man who had been sexually assaulted. I resented him for accessing services on campus even though they are in place for all students and was relieved when he stopped showing up for appointments.

by Anonymousreply 219January 18, 2018 9:06 AM

At a bluegrass state tent revival a couple of months ago, I was twerking bigtime on stage to get all the menz there aroused for later fun. The guest preacher thought I was being like others, just trying to shake off the demons put there by the devil.

by Anonymousreply 220January 18, 2018 9:31 AM

[quote]This is the worst situation the country has been in since the Civil War.

LOL. Would would love to ship the poppet at R175 to Syria so they could get a feel for what a crisis actually feels like.

I’m wondering how long it will be before the clickbait articles appear saying: “It’s true: America really IS booming right now! Tweet #OurNationalShame”

by Anonymousreply 221January 18, 2018 9:48 AM

Social moth Nicky Haslam, who is so old that Queen Victoria was his mother’s godmother, was interviewed on a UK gay radio show the other day.

The boys asked him “So what’s changed?”

Reply:

“Manners. The death of good manners. And shame. No one these days has any shame.”

He also said he thought “Follow your dream” — which everyone spouts, the most boring sentence on earth. “ Don’t go on about it. Just go and do it.”

Intersesting Elder Gay perspective.

by Anonymousreply 222January 18, 2018 9:58 AM

Nicky Haslam. Oh my!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223January 18, 2018 10:42 AM

R222, that quote proves how out of touch some members of the older generation are. People don't have to conform any more, and that scares people.

by Anonymousreply 224January 18, 2018 10:51 AM

[quote]I love how [R154] blames the refugee crisis on the U.N. As opposed to George W. Bush, Nouri Al-Maliki and ISIS.

R211 Could be that R154 has a modicum of intelligence and doesn't simply parrot whatever the medium you consume is spinning.

by Anonymousreply 225January 18, 2018 10:56 AM

It’s not about conforming. It’s about not being an inane cunt.

by Anonymousreply 226January 18, 2018 10:56 AM

I hate the gym. HATE it.

I tried, I really did. I tried gyms near my home, I tried gyms near my office. I went before work, I went at lunch, I went after work, I went late at night. I tried personal trainers, I tried workout partners. I tried fancy gyms, I tried the Y, thinking at least the open showers would be an incentive to go. Nope. Nope. Nope.

I'm 6'2" and 201 pounds. I'd rather carry the extra 20 pounds than have to wake up with that awful feeling that it was a 'gym day'.

Everybody I know loves going to the gym but I don't. I know that makes me a gay freak, but I don't care.

(Oh, and R166, my parents died years ago and I don't miss them at all. I get to spend all the holidays with my partner in a nice restaurant instead of flying home to be miserable while they tell me all the things I'm doing wrong with my life. Thanks for the inheritance, folks!)

by Anonymousreply 227January 18, 2018 11:23 AM

Why did you resent the student, r219? Did you think he was lying?

I also hate the gym, r227. With a passion. I don't go to one anymore but I do like other forms of exercise.

by Anonymousreply 228January 18, 2018 12:30 PM

“Manners. The death of good manners. And shame. No one these days has any shame.” - Very wise man, and 100% true.

No manners, no shame, and NO WORK ETHIC. And it has nothing to do with not having to conform, but I expect lazy self-absorbed twats to excuse the behavior as such.

by Anonymousreply 229January 18, 2018 12:52 PM

Totally agree with R222 and R226.

by Anonymousreply 230January 18, 2018 1:16 PM

I always think that I'm not qualified to apply for a job, but then I see some of the people who actually are doing the job that I wanted, and I think that I sell myself short. I'm not very good at all the current technology, and I get frustrated at myself when I try to learn it - I want to absorb it faster than I do. My confidence in myself has diminished after years of being put down. I can't say this to anyone not online.

by Anonymousreply 231January 18, 2018 3:16 PM

[quote] That gay men who hate women and trans people are the biggest fucking hypocrites to walk the Earth.

I knew a gay man who hated women but not trans people.

by Anonymousreply 232January 18, 2018 4:03 PM

[quote]That gay men who hate women and trans people are the biggest fucking hypocrites to walk the Earth.

Hateful, maybe?

Hypocritical? How?

by Anonymousreply 233January 18, 2018 4:08 PM

How can anyone not hate the idea of gay people destroying their bodies to conform to breeder bigotry?

by Anonymousreply 234January 18, 2018 4:41 PM

Some of us have been on the receiving end of some "Childrens Hour" shit at the hands of women all of our lives -- not all of them, sure, but enough to make me cautious especially in a work situation. As I said before, this Time's Up bullshit movement plays into that big time. They are being praised for being gossipy snitches in many cases. I have had more than one woman, not realizing I am gay, accuse me of stuff and then shit to anti-gay gossip instead when they learned the truth.

Like it or not, there are some real cunts out there. Some of that "hate of women" has been very well earned.

by Anonymousreply 235January 18, 2018 4:42 PM

Whether or not I believed him wasn't the point, R228, but, yes I did believe him. The center wasn't set up for him though, and I felt it would have been better if he would have sought out private counseling. I never expressed that to him or to anyone else though. Like I said above, I was secretly relieved when he began to miss and cancel his appointments.

by Anonymousreply 236January 18, 2018 6:54 PM

I HATE gays in a gaggle. They annoy the fuck out of me.

It's always ME ME ME ME Look at ME ME ME ME!!

by Anonymousreply 237January 18, 2018 7:05 PM

Gays in a gaggle :D

by Anonymousreply 238January 18, 2018 9:46 PM

[quote]I HATE gays in a gaggle

Its better than a forage of fraus.

by Anonymousreply 239January 18, 2018 11:02 PM

What would fraus forage for? Frommage, truffles, wine or faux fur?

by Anonymousreply 240January 18, 2018 11:37 PM

I am lonely and wish I could find a FWB. Not a fuck buddy or anything serious. Just someone to hang with on occasion and have sex with.

But now I'm old I'm invisible.

by Anonymousreply 241January 19, 2018 12:58 AM

I'm not old but I still feel invisible to other gay men.

by Anonymousreply 242January 19, 2018 2:01 AM

When a guy starts preaching at me about how he refuses to use condoms because he's on PrEP, a Very dark part of me hopes he's one of the cases where PrEP fails.

by Anonymousreply 243January 19, 2018 5:09 AM

R242 You're lonely, but probably won't stoop to dating another 'old' guy?

by Anonymousreply 244January 19, 2018 5:30 AM

I know The Golden Girls has a massive gay fanbase but I never watched it and have no desire to do so now.

Nothing exemplifies the infantilism and ineffectiveness of progressives than a knitted pink pussy hat. Take off those fucking hats and storm the White House.

by Anonymousreply 245January 19, 2018 6:21 AM

R 135 Thanks. What book was it? I loved studying French literature. I didn't appreciate how good I had it while in college. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 246January 19, 2018 6:26 AM

[quote]R216 The main cast looked like bloated middle aged white people attending their yearly office costume party.

That film got terrible reviews when it came out, and has never been lauded as anything other than an over-produced, pretty-much-badly-acted bore.

I think it was Judith Crist who said Taylor comes across as an overindulged divorcee at a Palm Springs resort. (Her weight fluxuates all over the place in it, too.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247January 19, 2018 6:29 AM

[quote]r218 I dread when someone goes bonkers negative over another persons post..

[bold] BLOCKED! [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 248January 19, 2018 6:31 AM

[quote]R235 Like it or not, there are some real cunts out there. Some of that "hate of women" has been very well earned.

This is pathetic...like saying because some boys beat you up once in school, you'd now hate men.

Which I'm quite sure you don't.

by Anonymousreply 249January 19, 2018 6:36 AM

[quote]R245 I know The Golden Girls has a massive gay fanbase but I never watched it and have no desire to do so now.

#MeToo

by Anonymousreply 250January 19, 2018 6:37 AM

I'm deluding myself thinking the guy I'm sweet on wants to date me. We have the best time together and I click with him better than any other guys I know, but he just isn't into me the way I am to him. What hurts is when we first hooked up a year ago he was incredibly solicitous and attentive and it was like cool water in the desert for me. I thought he was special. Being with him gave me a glow.

But the sex was only good, never great. It did not matter to me, but it obviously did to him. We haven't had sex in almost a year, but I delude myself in thinking it will happen again. We are only good friends and thats all it will be. And it kills me.

by Anonymousreply 251January 19, 2018 6:41 AM

#JeSuisR250

I tried to once, but it's no Facts of Life.

by Anonymousreply 252January 19, 2018 6:42 AM

I don't think that there's a left and a right anymore (Politically). I think there's just lies, deceit and corruption. It doesn't matter who is in charge because they are not the people who are actually in charge. I think the world is being run by a shadowy elite. However, I don't believe the 'illuminati' crap and I don't think the 'elite' are all Jewish. I don't think it has anything to do with Judaism and every thing to do with psychopathy. We live in a system where the psychopaths get to the top.

I don't like trans activists. I don't think that they represent the trans community. I think they are all narcissists who will jump on any band wagon that will bring the attention. All the trans people I've met in real life are nothing like the activists. They just want to quietly get on with their lives without hassle. Which is fair enough, isn't that what we all want?

I don't like trans women telling me that they're women. No you're not, you are a trans woman. Its different. When you know what it's like to have periods, get pregnant and give birth, come and tell me you're a woman.

I hate that biological women are no longer allowed their own space. Will we be able to discuss menstruation in the future or will it be banned because the trans women will feel excluded?

I hate over privileged students complaining about their lot. They should take a look at real poverty to understand what fighting to survive is actually about.

I hate the greed running rampant through society. The constant need to keep buying and buying. The idea that you should be judged by what you own instead of who you are.

I may be back later if I think of more.

by Anonymousreply 253January 19, 2018 6:47 AM

I feel bad for the male student who was sexually assaulted and then received pursed lips and a lot of stink eye when he tried to get help to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 254January 19, 2018 6:50 AM

R51 But the sex was only good, never great. It did not matter to me, but it obviously did to him. We haven't had sex in almost a year, but I delude myself in thinking it will happen again. We are only good friends and thats all it will be. And it kills me.

Aww. That's sad : ( I'm sorry.

I'd think you probably have to (nicely) dump him as a friend. While you're distracted by him, you probably won't be noticing others.

But I know that situation can hurt...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255January 19, 2018 6:54 AM

To my cousin, The World's Most Perfect Christian stay at home mom, please stop posting endless pictures of you and your spawn on Facebook . Your incessant humble bragging comments make me gag. "My heart was so full of love for this precious boy, it nearly burst" "I was totally that crazy mama bear," or, "God has his hands all over this." Girl, puh-leez. Just get over yourself and shut the fuck up. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 256January 19, 2018 6:54 AM

I have strong feelings for you bordering on love. Sometimes I think you really care for me too. I don't get why we can't be together.

by Anonymousreply 257January 19, 2018 6:58 AM

Why, R254? He could have gone elsewhere if he needed to.

by Anonymousreply 258January 19, 2018 7:00 AM

[quote]R256 To my cousin, The World's Most Perfect Christian stay at home mom, please stop posting endless pictures of you and your spawn on Facebook . Your incessant humble bragging comments make me gag. "My heart was so full of love for this precious boy, it nearly burst" "I was totally that crazy mama bear," or, "God has his hands all over this." Girl, puh-leez. Just get over yourself and shut the fuck up. Thank you.

I love lesbians....but I have to take one friend's posts off my FaceBook feed because they were all about how [italic] amazing [/italic] her toddler's (perfectly normal) developments and activities were. "Marigold looked at the snow this morning and said 'I hope all the animals are warm tonight!!'" / "Marigold loves to play under my desk while I'm writing tomorrow's sermon!!" / "Marigold in her new sweater Auntie Bea knitted for her!!"

SHUT THE FUCK UP! I didn't have kids for a reason!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259January 19, 2018 7:08 AM

[quote]R258 Why, [R254]? He [the male rape victim] could have gone elsewhere if he needed to.

Wait...are you hoping we're going to assume you're a woman, and will now hate women like you do?

by Anonymousreply 260January 19, 2018 7:10 AM

[quote]R257 I have strong feelings for you bordering on love. Sometimes I think you really care for me too. I don't get why we can't be together.

Because he's just not that into you.

Would you throw yourself into a love life with someone [italic] you [/italic] didn't find all that attractice, just because they liked you?

Be realistic...

by Anonymousreply 261January 19, 2018 7:12 AM

What's wrong with getting private therapy, R260? I think that's what the poster was getting at. I don't see the issue??

by Anonymousreply 262January 19, 2018 7:16 AM

[quote] R262 What's wrong with getting private therapy, [R260]? I think that's what the poster was getting at. I don't see the issue??

Well really, they're not giving enough detail to gather what their resentment was about.

It sounds like they're pretending to be uncomfortable with the fact a male rape victim wanted counseling services from a campus clinic...that offers that service?

These are the two posts....maybe you can make better sense out of them for us all? (When they write "the center wasn't set up for him" it sounds like OP is posing as a woman who works in a crisis center that predominantly counsels female students, and resents having a male there. And I don't think an actual professional would have that opinion.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote]R219 I work on a university campus and a few months ago I had to deal with a young man who had been sexually assaulted. I resented him for accessing services on campus even though they are in place for all students and was relieved when he stopped showing up for appointments.

[quote]R236 Whether or not I believed him wasn't the point, [R228], but, yes I did believe him. The center wasn't set up for him though, and I felt it would have been better if he would have sought out private counseling. I never expressed that to him or to anyone else though. Like I said above, I was secretly relieved when he began to miss and cancel his appointments.

by Anonymousreply 263January 19, 2018 7:49 AM

Plenty of women here on Dl have expressed that they don't feel comfortable with men in women's centers, therapy groups, shelters, etc...that's not hard to believe or understand.

by Anonymousreply 264January 19, 2018 7:54 AM

I will eat a voting booth before I vote for a Republican, but I agree with them on illegal immigration. I feel for blue-collar citizens and legal immigrants in California and elsewhere who are trying to make a living. I could go on.

by Anonymousreply 265January 19, 2018 8:01 AM

[quote]R264 Plenty of women here on Dl have expressed that they don't feel comfortable with men in women's centers, therapy groups, shelters, etc...that's not hard to believe or understand.

You mean "Plenty of [italic] 'assumed' [/italic] women."

It just sounds to me like a guy posing as a woman, who wants to stir up resentment against women.

by Anonymousreply 266January 19, 2018 8:10 AM

What I would like to say is that Datalounge is becoming the bastion of the Regressive Leftist Group think infecting the West.

Even when we are told by OP that we can say anything we keep secret, clearly if we displease The Regressive Communist Party of Datalounge, they will come after you with their tell tale labels.

Bigot , rascist, Alt Right , Nazis , Islamophobe, Deplorables. Labels that are starting to mean less and less , because they are being used at anyone they disagree with.

by Anonymousreply 267January 19, 2018 10:23 AM

I was going to say that the comparisons with Nazis Germany that are made are not only insulting to those who did die under the Nazis, but historically incorrect..

One reason would be because apparently there are more Nazis now in the world , than in 1930s Germany. Apparently anyone the Left disagrees with is a Nazis.

They are everywhere and apparently they are interchangeable with anyone you dislike.

by Anonymousreply 268January 19, 2018 10:28 AM

I love that image, R259.

Parents bragging about their children on social media is my biggest pet peeve. Hate to tell you, my friends, but your kids are AVERAGE, just like you. And treating them like they’re the most precious mass of DNA that ever walked the earth now is why they’ll become insufferable adults.

by Anonymousreply 269January 19, 2018 10:57 AM

For me it isn't so much fraus/straight couples in general posting endlessly on social media about their kids. It is annoying, yes...but I just unfollow their posts. Problame solved.

However....really poor people with a bunch if kids. It enrages me. Bot of my sisters and their husbands are dirt fucking poor, and both of them have had to use WIC and food stamps. My older sister has 4 kids, my younger has 5. 5 fucking kids.

My older sister is a Typical Dee Plorable Trumper cunt and I've cut her out of my life, but my younger sister is at least a big liberal and respects the fact that it is liberals who have provided her with all the assistance she gets. So at least she isn't a hypocrit. Still, though...after her second kid I wanted to reach through the phone and slap her face every time she announced yet another pregnancy. On her fifth I didn't even congratulate her. Sue and her husband can barely pay their remt and aside from all their public assistance they also constantly borrow money from my retired parents. All because they couldn't be bothered with condoms, the pill, a vasectomy, etc.

I think most women who constantly get pregnant like that have some weird addiction with being pregnant and all the attention that comes with being mothers to infants, my sister included. And they don't seem to gove a shit whether or not they actually have the time, money,mor resources to actually care for a child effectively. They just want to be pregnant again.

So glad I am gay. Rant over.

by Anonymousreply 270January 19, 2018 11:20 AM

I worked in a Family-Friendly restaurant for years and it wasn't the kids that drove me crazy....

by Anonymousreply 271January 19, 2018 11:37 AM

I like Paul Weller's solo stuff A WHOLE LOT better than anything he did with The Jam or The Style Council.

by Anonymousreply 272January 19, 2018 12:12 PM

I wish alligators, crocodiles and sharks could be hunted almost to extinction. And all the introduced species taking over the everglades would be eradicated.

by Anonymousreply 273January 19, 2018 12:17 PM

I wish Disney World hadn't fucked itself up. Building hotels that look like condo buildings in Fort Lee, NJ right outside The Magic Kingdom. Taking out rides that I enjoyed for dismal meet and greets, ruining the rides that are still there, and allowing it to get so crowded that when you return in the evening to the Magic Kingdom for the nighttime parade and fireworks you are forced to walk behind all the shops which looks no better than the back of a strip mall. Seriously. And they in their genius put the foul stinking smoking section right behind the castle. They must pay their execs a fortune to be beyond stupid.

by Anonymousreply 274January 19, 2018 12:59 PM

I hate that the world revolves around children. I hate that because we don’t have kids, our families have no interest in us. All of our family get togethers revolve around kids birthdays/baptisms/school plays, etc, which bores me to death. I hate that our social interaction with friends and family that have kids always revolve around their schedule, as if their lives are so much more important because of the spawn.

by Anonymousreply 275January 19, 2018 1:14 PM

I hate that Gay people shit on Western values and yet to many outside the West, Gay rights and marriage equality are the ultimate in Western excess and decadence. Yet Gay people refuse to believe this.

If people are hungry and starving , Gay rights would be the last thing they think of. To them we are not only morally bankrupt but are so wealthy that we can’t do anything else but discuss Gay Marriage.

I remember this being explained to me by someone who fled Iran. We seemed like everything that was Wrong with the West.

Yet we fail to grasp this and think that Gay Rights supercede the need to eat.

We shit in the West and hold it in contempt when it is the only thing holding Gay rights together. Outside the West , Gay Rights are tenuous at best and non existent at worst. Think about that the next time you shit in your own culture.

by Anonymousreply 276January 19, 2018 1:36 PM

I'm sick of assholes on the subway (mostly Millennials) who are mesmerized by their glowing rectangles and think they're 'too cool' to hold onto a pole while the train is moving. One inked-up twat was too busy playing solitaire (yeah, I was looking over his shoulder) to hold on and, when the train slowed suddenly he went flying sideways, hitting me right in the chest with his fucking backpack. No apology, of course. I wish the train hadn't been so crowded as I would've deftly sidestepped him and let him fall unironically to the ground

by Anonymousreply 277January 19, 2018 1:54 PM

I wish you had been able to, r277.

by Anonymousreply 278January 19, 2018 2:40 PM

Germans are pure filth. If you think they learned their lesson after the world wars, you are highly mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 279January 19, 2018 2:49 PM

Nazism was about as "right-wing" as Communism and both are forms of Socialism, ergo Hitler was of the left then and now. He was no supply sider.

by Anonymousreply 280January 19, 2018 2:52 PM

Crackers, breeders, goyim, trannies, and neurotypicals are the five groups of people I hate more than any other, and they live up to every bad thing anyone says about them every hour of every day.

Gays, Jews, and black people really are superior to all of them put together. Hell, after living among Asians and Hispanics I'm starting to consider black people their superiors, too.

by Anonymousreply 281January 19, 2018 3:21 PM

[quote] Germans are pure filth. If you think they learned their lesson after the world wars, you are highly mistaken.

Then why does Rick Schroder have more black people in his movies than Woody Allen?

by Anonymousreply 282January 19, 2018 3:41 PM

I hate entitled cunts. I hate lazy people who expect others will take care of their needs. I hate when people use race, gender or sexuality as an excuse. I hate that people are so self-absorbed and inconsiderate to those around them.

by Anonymousreply 283January 19, 2018 5:10 PM

r159 - why are you assuming, from one post with scant details, that I am not "nice"

On the contrary, I am far more nice and outgoing than most people. It's one of the reasons I didn't fit into nerdy / endless reading & studying / OCD academia.

Another example of dumb dumb dumb... if this was on the SAT and you read my post, and it said "The paragraph at R147 was written on an anonymous website. From what is written, which of the following can be assumed about why r147 has negative interactions with people?"

A. English is not his first language, and other Americans do not understand him well.

B. He has arrogance about his intelligence and education which is off-putting.

C. He needs to be the center of attention and to always be right.

D. He is not nice, but rather a know it all, reminiscent of Josef Mengele.

E. None of the above

There's a basic reading comprehension question for you - and you failed by adding in your own details which aren't in the text. (I used to write these questions FWIW). The answer is E. None of the other information is in the text provided.

What happened to the thread title that said "without reprisal" by the way? And fuck you also for comparing me to a Nazi who tortured people - you fucking cunt. Stupid and a cunt...and that's proven in your text!

I thought this thread was "without reprisal" anyway? Do you know what reprisal means? Your reply would be an example of it.

by Anonymousreply 284January 19, 2018 5:16 PM

Ugh why doesn't this board have an edit button... that was a choppy mess. Whatever. Point made, despite the irony of the mistakes in the post.

by Anonymousreply 285January 19, 2018 5:17 PM

[quote] I hate when people use race, gender or sexuality as an excuse.

Right. We all know those things don't factor into life and opportunities at all.

Let me guess...white male?

by Anonymousreply 286January 19, 2018 5:17 PM

R286 Let me guess. Every person to you is part of a group ?

Because I saw how that played out in Cologne when 600 women were felt up by refugee groups and the media and feminists said nothing for days and some blamed the women for not being appropriately dressed.

At that moment I knew Gay men and women would be the next to be thrown under the bus by the Regressive Left. In the ladder of who has the most street cred , Gay men fall well below refugees and obviously we know White women were already thrown under the bus.

Yep no thanks, I will take my chances as an individual.

by Anonymousreply 287January 19, 2018 8:25 PM

R287 avoiding the question...

White male, right? Saying race and gender have nothing to do with what happens in one's life?

So wise...

by Anonymousreply 288January 19, 2018 8:28 PM

I don't want any more Muslims coming to the US. Let them stay in their filthy Islamist shithole countries and leave the rest of us alone.

by Anonymousreply 289January 19, 2018 8:56 PM

The stupid, the under-educated, the over-religious, the impoverished: these are the groups of people who have too many children. Those least fit breed most.

by Anonymousreply 290January 19, 2018 9:05 PM

R288 I am not r283 but if I was I would say your gotcha moment is pitiful. If you can’t see what group victimhood is doing to the world at the moment you are blind.

Tell me how does this play out in Africa or the Middle East, or do they not have any group issues, cause I see how that worked out in Iran.

They nearly had a revolution. Women tore off their Hajabs and all the media could do was focus on Trump’s comments a few images of the demonstrations and then nothing. They were left to their fate because they didn’t fit the right group. Fuck this victim narrative.

If you want us all to be victims, unless you are White you are truly screwed in your thinking and actually rascist, truly because it is you who are defining people by their colour and then giving them a ladder of grevience based on skin colour. The Nazis would be so proud.

by Anonymousreply 291January 19, 2018 9:10 PM

[quote]R291 If you can’t see what group victimhood is doing to the world at the moment you are blind.

It's not "group victimhood," it's simply recognizing the cultural advantages males (especially white males like ourselves) are given.

Please stop lying about who you are, and the advantages you've been given at others' expense.

by Anonymousreply 292January 19, 2018 10:00 PM

R270, R275, agreed.

We live in a child-centric world, and it sucks. The only thing worse than poor people having children they can’t afford are upper middle class and upper class couples who spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to conceive children of “their own”—especially now that IVF bullshit is being covered by some insurance plans! Then once the kid pops out, mom and dad are entitled to all sorts of tax breaks despite the fact that their little family unit is consuming way more government resources than singles or couples without children are. In this day and age, when the infant survival rate is probably double what it was a hundred years ago, do we really need to go to such lengths to put MORE humans on this earth?

But it is taboo to even hint that maybe someone shouldn’t have a children. About ten years ago, a cousin of mine had had triplets. She had to quit her well paying job to take care of them, and enlisted my elderly aunt and uncle to help care for them. Now cousin and her husband are always crying poverty, and elderly aunt and uncle are always bitching that the husband’s parents never pitched to help with the kids. I want to shake them all and scream “you all put yourselves in this position by your decisions!” Cant ever suggest that, though, because the children are sooo wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 293January 19, 2018 10:17 PM

^^^have a child. And I should have mentioned (though you probably already guessed) that my cousin had her three bundles of joy through fertility treatments.

by Anonymousreply 294January 19, 2018 10:19 PM

It’s really frustrating that breeders get a tax benefit for breeding. Those who don’t breed should get a break for using less government money.

by Anonymousreply 295January 19, 2018 10:32 PM

I hope the nasty, horrible asshole on this thread who was so shitty to a male sexual assault victim gets found out and fired. What a piece of filth you are. I wanted to cry reading that with your tone of obvious contempt. Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 296January 19, 2018 10:49 PM

Indeed, r296. Such a person shouldn't be in a position to counsel ANYONE.

by Anonymousreply 297January 19, 2018 10:51 PM

Men should still be given help when sexually assaulted. It doesn't have to be at the same place women are getting help. But help should be available to men as well.

by Anonymousreply 298January 19, 2018 10:56 PM

It's not that they shouldn't get help, but they shouldn't expect help from a place that is for women.

by Anonymousreply 299January 19, 2018 11:09 PM

SO WHERE THE FUCKING HELL ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO GO THEN? HE WENT TO CAMPUS SERVICES TO GET HELP, NOTHING ABOUT THAT SAYS IT IS JUST FOR WOMEN. HE EXPECTED TO BE TREATED WITH DIGNITY AND KINDNESS AND WASN'T. HE PROBABLY CAN'T AFFORD PRIVATE SERVICES SINCE HE'S A STUDENT FFS. THIS BULLSHIT IS WHY MALE RAPE VICTIMS END UP KILLING THEMSELVES. BECAUSE OF ASSHOLES WHO TURN THEM AWAY EVEN THOUGH NOTHING ABOUT IT SAYS JUST FOR WOMEN.

I EAT JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

by Anonymousreply 300January 19, 2018 11:14 PM

Can you imagine if someone said he didn't want to treat women?

by Anonymousreply 301January 19, 2018 11:17 PM

Treat them, I don’t even want to HEAR them!

by Anonymousreply 302January 19, 2018 11:21 PM

[quote]r300 I EAT JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

Jesus cries when you type in all caps...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303January 19, 2018 11:25 PM

I first thought thought this thread wold be like that Postcards or Whisper website where people could write anything, but the judgmental cunts on here ruined it. I have WW the people with whom I feel for their plights. So, saying that, here're my bits, for which I am totally expecting to be reprised.

I'm 45 and really want a BF (not FB) but self consciousness and damage from past BFs (15 years ago) have made me accept and claim proudly that I prefer being single.

I hate stereotypical "role playing" gays (I'm a twink! I'm a label queen! I'm a bear!)

I hate backpacks, especially in big cities (escalators, elevators, the Tube, etc)

by Anonymousreply 304January 19, 2018 11:29 PM

^^^ I hate not having an edit button!

by Anonymousreply 305January 19, 2018 11:32 PM

R303 I know, but I just can't believe this evil attitude being displayed here. How does that "counsellor" know the poor guy didn't kill himself or leave college because he couldn't cope anymore and wasn't getting any support from them because he clearly thought him unworthy.

I see this attitude all the time towards male victims and it is hurtful and horrific.

by Anonymousreply 306January 19, 2018 11:32 PM

[quote]R304 I first thought thought this thread wold be like that Postcards or Whisper website where people could write anything, but the judgmental cunts on here ruined it...So, saying that, here're my bits, for which I am totally expecting to be reprised.

Your post has been approved.

You are clear for take off.

[italic] Next. [/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307January 19, 2018 11:49 PM

R304,

You hate back packs, but what about those of us who want to go to the gym after work, have things to carry to work, etc. I tried a more professional leather bag, but I couldn’t fit everything I needed in it.

by Anonymousreply 308January 19, 2018 11:52 PM

r308, I am not r304, but I hate backpacks, too. What about those of you blah, blah, blah? Keep it the fuck out of my way. It should never be so close I can touch it. It's YOUR backpack.

by Anonymousreply 309January 19, 2018 11:56 PM

The Countess approves, R307. "We have arrived..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310January 19, 2018 11:58 PM

R309,

Consider hiring a driver so you don’t have to be bothered by people’s backpacks.

I take mine off and hold it in front of myself on the subway or in stores. It’s on my back when I’m waking though.

by Anonymousreply 311January 20, 2018 12:03 AM

[R235] is a misogynist, judging from his post history.

by Anonymousreply 312January 20, 2018 12:03 AM

[quote]It’s on my back when I’m waking though.

One would hope you'd be waking.

by Anonymousreply 313January 20, 2018 12:04 AM

[quote]what about those of us who want to go to the gym after work, have things to carry to work, etc.

^ Here you are, r311, wondering what people thought you should do. Now you know. ^

by Anonymousreply 314January 20, 2018 12:06 AM

R313 and R314 type old.

by Anonymousreply 315January 20, 2018 12:17 AM

My gaydar works in reverse. If I'm attracted to a man then he's straight. My life is hell.

by Anonymousreply 316January 20, 2018 12:23 AM

I'm homely so the only men I find attractive who are friendly with me are straight.

So yeah it really is hell on earth.

by Anonymousreply 317January 20, 2018 12:43 AM

Oh shut up the fuck up, R300.

by Anonymousreply 318January 20, 2018 1:22 AM

R318 No I won't shut the fuck up. Where do you get off being so fucking nasty to victims of sexual abuse just because we're male? Please tell me. That kid in no way deserved to be treated with such disdain. Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 319January 20, 2018 1:25 AM

Umm, R318, I'm not the person that made that post and I've never been nasty to a victim of sexual abuse. You're overreacting. The student could have gone anywhere for help, he did not have to go out and get services from a place that primarily helps female students. By the way, there is nowhere in that post that says he was treated with disdain or was even refused services. So calm the fuck down.

by Anonymousreply 320January 20, 2018 1:32 AM

R320 this is just fucking typical of how we're treated. Completely typical. Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 321January 20, 2018 1:40 AM

Why are having a little meltdown, R321? You're typical. Do you really think male victims have it so bad? Spare me....

by Anonymousreply 322January 20, 2018 1:45 AM

R322 you fucking piece of shit. You absolute, lowlife piece of shit. You love it, don't you, the idea of male victims suffering in silence. So you can tell us how easy it is, and how it totally isn't really and who gives a shit. Yeah. You're right. Nobody cares. As you have just proven.

by Anonymousreply 323January 20, 2018 1:47 AM

You're not making any sense, R323. Please settle down.

by Anonymousreply 324January 20, 2018 1:53 AM

R323! Calm down!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325January 20, 2018 2:06 AM

[quote]R321 This is just fucking typical of how we're treated.

The OP of that campus story never said the male student was denied any services. (I doubt it's really even a true story.) They just said they (supposedly) weren't comfortable with him being there, and were relieved when he stopped coming to appointments.

But again, it sounds rigged to invite the outraged replies that followed (if those aren't, in fact, by the campus OP, too.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326January 20, 2018 2:10 AM

R326, over the last several months there has been plenty of hatred directed at gay men who have told their stories of sexual abuse here. If you don't believe me, just look up the "gay me too" thread. A few months ago, there was a thread where a poster mentioned being a victim of sexual assault. That thread got so out of hand that Muriel closed it. Those threads are just a couple of examples off the top of my head, so the post up-thread doesn't surprise me at all.

by Anonymousreply 327January 20, 2018 2:34 AM

R327 And you think a mental healthcare professional would react that way?

(Actually, the campus poster doesn't detail anything about what their job in the clinic was...but I'm assuming they're not part of the cleaning crew.)

by Anonymousreply 328January 20, 2018 2:48 AM

The Vaguebooking thread posters are too wordy. They bore me.

by Anonymousreply 329January 20, 2018 2:52 AM

R147 Bravo

by Anonymousreply 330January 20, 2018 3:58 AM

Helooooo!

[quote] This is the place to vent without reprisal.

by Anonymousreply 331January 20, 2018 4:00 AM

I took it to mean there would be no reprisal in the real world...

by Anonymousreply 332January 20, 2018 4:05 AM

I am sick of the homeless. At my office, there is a group of about 6 young and middle-aged men who aren't homeless, they live behind the building between the employee parking lot and the rear entrance to the building. Last week, I parked and a guy jumped out of the bushes, shit spewing out of his ass, as though that was the appropriate place to take a dump. There are multiple public restrooms within 100 yards of this spot, and this is where he went to go. However, he thoughtfully stopped first at a grocery store and took the contents of the hand wipes used to clean the germaphobes carts and used it as toilet paper, which had to sting.

Another dude dumpster dives on the other side of the parking lot, pulling out odd pieces of trash and scattering them around the grounds. I've found quite sensitive documents laying on the ground, and thinking that someone dropped them out of their briefcase, I had my assistant take them them to their office only to get the side-eye and treated with suspicion. It was only weeks later when one of the administrative people told me that they'd seen one of our resident vagrants rummaging through the dumpsters with documents in hand that I realized what had happened. My firm had to have bins for secure document destruction brought in as as a result.

You can't eat lunch outside on nice days; they had to remove all of the tables and chairs from around the building because they were magnets to our group. They never leave the premises. You see them, day after day, and no amount of talking to them, trying to get them help and into a shelter, or anything, works. The last time anyone tried, they got three of them into a shelter on a cold night, and all three were back in the morning, with all of their belongings in tow, ready to dig in for the duration.

While none of them are dangerous, all of them have mental health issues and belong in an institution. Of course, everyone feels bad for them and tries to help them; perhaps this is why they never leave. Their lives really aren't that bad. They just make a nuisance of themselves, and woe to anyone who says anything negative about them.

I'm sure I'll see them and say hello on Monday morning.

by Anonymousreply 333January 20, 2018 4:18 AM

Don't know where to start now

by Anonymousreply 334January 20, 2018 5:25 AM

I don't think it's a coincidence when bi men refer to sex with men as "hate-fucking".

I hate that people use LGBTQ to mean we have to blindly support eachother in everything. We are allowed to have individual opinions.

I think the actors who refuse to play gay characters for fear of typecasting are homophobic.

I believe the reason homophobia isn't called out or addressed is because the majority of people feel it's justified.

I also think if there were a gay-cure available a lot of "out and proud" men would take it.

by Anonymousreply 335January 20, 2018 5:32 AM

I detest Darkies. That is darker white people with brown eyes, dark hair and medium skin tone. I find them preoccupied with hating people of color. Not the small amount of mixed race darkies but mostly pure European darkies. They have such a complex about disassociating themselves from people of color because we guess they're afraid of being roped in with POC.

Northern European and Scandinavian people of course don't have this complex. Nothing to prove. Usually the most advanced societies. Their history and rep speaks for itself.

So we implore that POC not assume all white people share this complex. Proceed while making note of this. Thanks for listening.

by Anonymousreply 336January 20, 2018 5:40 AM

R335, why wouldn't they take it? Why wouldn't it every soul would take it? That's just a first line of defense to proving people are born gay. Given the chance at birth a normal, honest person would choose to go the easy and acceptable route in life, no?

by Anonymousreply 337January 20, 2018 5:45 AM

To anybody that is tuning out the other people in public, with their constant head-phoning and dazing on their phone (digital grazing):

WE DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU EITHER, YOU BRAIN DEAD TWATS.

by Anonymousreply 338January 20, 2018 6:12 AM

Only the most selfish of selfish people knowingly breed.

by Anonymousreply 339January 20, 2018 6:15 AM

[quote]R335 I hate that people use LGBTQ to mean we have to blindly support each other in everything. We are allowed to have individual opinions.

Who told you that was expected? Not all women, or men, or blacks, or trans, or really any group agree on everything.

For instance, on the simplest level, there are gay republicans and gay democrats. There are gays who live in big cities, and others in small towns. Some have children, some don't. Of course they don't see everything the same, based on their individual experiences.

by Anonymousreply 340January 20, 2018 6:35 AM

Sometimes I fantasize about being a vampire and preying exclusively on Republicans and child abusers. It gives me a warm, calm feeling.

I love DataLounge but I hate posters who can't be bothered to read the thread before rushing to post the same stupid thing or the same stupid questions that others have already posted, which they didn't see because they didn't read the thread. Their time is always more valuable than everyone else's, apparently.

Also, why doesn't anyone proofread their posts, even a little? I understand typos but god damn, some posts are unintelligible. There is a reason for spelling, grammar and punctuation. Doesn't anyone care to be correctly understood?

Okay. I'm done now.

by Anonymousreply 341January 20, 2018 9:22 AM

[quote]I hate that people use LGBTQ to mean we have to blindly support eachother in everything. We are allowed to have individual opinions.

I have never met an LGBTQ person in my life.

by Anonymousreply 342January 20, 2018 1:27 PM

R341 gets 1/3 of a WW. I'll let him guess which third.

by Anonymousreply 343January 20, 2018 1:28 PM

I like fucking stupid people.

by Anonymousreply 344January 20, 2018 1:47 PM

[quote]R342 I have never met an LGBTQ person in my life.

You need to get out more.

Baby steps...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345January 20, 2018 9:30 PM

I do find stupid guys sexy, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 346January 20, 2018 9:49 PM

R346 - Dumb, built, stupid, gorgeous, not-too-bright, hung, dim, tight ass. Perfection.

by Anonymousreply 347January 20, 2018 9:52 PM

For some reason, the dumb ones are usually kind too. They don't put so much emphasis on being witty and mean. They are usually sweet.

by Anonymousreply 348January 20, 2018 9:53 PM

I love a dumb un-ironic stud.

by Anonymousreply 349January 20, 2018 10:07 PM

I wish it were legal to hunt racists. I wish I could have people like Rebekah Mercer and Bannon and the Kochs kidnapped and dropped in a pen. I'd give kill rights to the highest bidder, but make sure that I had a helicopter and a high powered sniper rifle like Sarah Palin so none of them would get away.

by Anonymousreply 350January 20, 2018 10:12 PM

People on this site are truly racism obsessed. It doesn’t seem healthy.

by Anonymousreply 351January 20, 2018 10:48 PM

I'm jealous of that girl who wrote the piece about Aziz Ansari cause she got to taste his dick. I've always thought he was adorable and wanted to taste his brown dick

by Anonymousreply 352January 20, 2018 10:57 PM

Add me to the list of hating people who brag about their "exceptional" children on social media.

Also, I hate when people overshare on social media...whether it's kids, politics or possessions.

My grandfather is 97 and won't concede it's time to go to a nursing home. The house is falling to pieces, he's having mini strokes and hallucinating and most days he doesn't change out of his bathrobe. My father pitches a fit any time my brother and I ask him to get involved (he's executor of the will). But my father is also perfectly happy to walk through the house and lay claim on what he wants from it.

At Christmas I told my grandfather not to worry about any emotional attachments the family might have, and suggested he sell some of the paintings my father wants, and put it toward a nice retirement community.

by Anonymousreply 353January 20, 2018 11:21 PM

It sounds like it's freely available, R352, just contact him.

by Anonymousreply 354January 20, 2018 11:26 PM

[quote]People on this site are truly racism obsessed. It doesn’t seem healthy.

It's a Jewish thing -- they aren't a healthy culture.

by Anonymousreply 355January 20, 2018 11:33 PM

To the young black man/men walking down the street:

You want respect? Earn it. Earn it with some simple words and deeds that do not "diminish" you as a man, "diss" you in some fashion, or require you to be a "pussy ass fa***t".

Got your attention? Great! Let's start:

Drop the attitude, the chip on your shoulder, the smoldering "angry black man" bit. Other minority groups (Asians, gays, women) have been persecuted as well, yet they have managed to get through the day without exploding.

Pull up your pants. No one wants to see your underwear or your skanky black ass.

Share the sidewalk with others. Don't force people into the street or shove people out of the way.

Say "Please" and "Thank you" when ordering food or buying something at a store. This does not make you a "Pussy ass fa***t" (see above), but instead indicates you have manners and can interact with others in a civilized manner.

"Beats" and other headphnes were invented for a reason. Use them. I really dont want to hear "50 cent", "LL Cool J", "Jamaal X" or any other rap "artist" screaming "get on top bitch, and do th' work". I suspect the other subway/bus/riders don't want to hear it as well.

Is yo' mama a "ho"? Is your sister or grandmother? Why then do you glamorize artists who speak of women this way? (see above).

I get that language evolves. But until "Walmart" becomes the official language of the United States, say "ask" instead of "axe". Nothing says ghetto like "I be chillaxin".

Turnstile jumping, fare evading, littering, mugging, public swearing, tagging, are not something to be proud of, they bring a city and neighborhood down bit by bit every day. Stop.

Many othet ethnic/religious/racial groups manage to live by these behaviors every day. You can too. Try.

by Anonymousreply 356January 20, 2018 11:54 PM

Trump will serve out at least his first term and may be elected to a second. He's a race baiting demagogue but enough Americans are sick of extreme leftist policies to re-elect him. Obama and Hillary flavoring SJWS, trannies, in effect open borders, and Black Lives Matter didn't help. I would prefer a centralist Democrat but I don't think that is a possibility. Even Corey Booker would do.

by Anonymousreply 357January 21, 2018 12:05 AM

R356 I agree totally. Being polite isn't a 'white' thing and by being polite you're not 'dissing' your people.

Also, I don't get why other 'people of colour' are keen to adopt 'ghetto black' culture. Australian Aboriginals, and Pacific Islanders and Sudanese, all acting 'ghetto'. Yes you have dark skin, but there's no need to get all thug-life.

by Anonymousreply 358January 21, 2018 12:07 AM

I'd love to see 'sport hunters' (like the Trump spawn) of any age or sex put in a cage with hungry lions, tigers and leopards and watch gleefully as the beautiful animals rip them to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 359January 21, 2018 12:18 AM

It should be legal to hunt the likes of R355 for sport.

by Anonymousreply 360January 21, 2018 12:19 AM

I think that rap music is the worst thing to ever happen to mankind.

Rap is worse than Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 361January 21, 2018 12:28 AM

[quote]I think that rap music is the worst thing to ever happen to mankind. Rap is worse than Hitler.

Like Nazism, Communism, and transsexualism, rap is also German in origin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362January 21, 2018 12:33 AM

[quote]I first thought thought this thread wold be like that Postcards or Whisper website where people could write anything, but the judgmental cunts on here ruined it.

Yep. Derailed in a way.

by Anonymousreply 363January 21, 2018 12:43 AM

I hate that people hate illegal workers but no one talks about the employers that hire them. If these businesses would stop hiring illegals then they would not have a reason to come here in the first place. We should be sending the employers to jail.

by Anonymousreply 364January 21, 2018 12:56 AM

[quote] Trump will serve out at least his first term and may be elected to a second. He's a race baiting demagogue but enough Americans are sick of extreme leftist policies to re-elect him. Obama and Hillary flavoring SJWS, trannies, in effect open borders, and Black Lives Matter didn't help. I would prefer a centralist Democrat but I don't think that is a possibility. Even Corey Booker would do.

Thank you, R357, you are spot on.

by Anonymousreply 365January 21, 2018 12:56 AM

[quote][R341] gets 1/3 of a WW. I'll let him guess which third.

It's the vampire part, isn't it? Admit it. You want to chow down on Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 366January 21, 2018 3:05 AM

R366 Nope.

by Anonymousreply 367January 21, 2018 3:07 AM

I voted for Hillary, but after the first year of the Trump administration, I've calmed down and become OK with her loss. The stock market is doing great, the sandbox is winding down, North Korea's talking peace, Saudi Arabia has a massive revolution and is going moderate, big business is coming back and Trump seems healthy enough that Pence doesn't seem like he's going to happen. I really can't complain, but I'm still forced to in order to keep my life peaceful. I hate it.

by Anonymousreply 368January 21, 2018 3:12 AM

[quote]The stock market is doing great, the sandbox is winding down, North Korea's talking peace, Saudi Arabia has a massive revolution and is going moderate, big business is coming back and Trump seems healthy enough that Pence doesn't seem like he's going to happen.

Delusional much?

by Anonymousreply 369January 21, 2018 3:49 AM

There are way too many gay people on DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 370January 21, 2018 6:36 AM

WHAT PART OF "WITHOUT REPRISAL" DON'T YOU ALL UNDERSTAND ?!!!!!

Are there no safe spaces around here?

by Anonymousreply 371January 21, 2018 6:44 AM

I think it was worse in the late 60s to mid 70s with political assassinations and many middle class and lower class young men being dragged off by their own government into an illegal war their own leaders caused, had no idea how to fight or knew what they were fighting for. Imagine a draft like this today to fight in the Middle East.

Political leaders who while appearing presidential were literally playing a game with the entire country called whose cock is bigger. Really.

It was even more insane than what we're dealing with today. And under the Kennedy administration we were brought just as close to nuclear annihilation due to that administration's total incompetence which also incited the Russians to build the Berlin Wall.

I know they were young and handsome so who gives a fuck. And Jackie was just as much a whore as Melania but she was as well bred as one of her horses so looked really good when put on display.

by Anonymousreply 372January 21, 2018 10:01 AM

And no I did not vote for orange pop.

by Anonymousreply 373January 21, 2018 10:05 AM

I want to quit my job and dance on Broadway. I'm 58, and have never taken a dance lesson. But I have that special...spark. Can I get a producer to build a show around my awkward charms?

by Anonymousreply 374January 21, 2018 2:27 PM

Sick of all the sad old Harding Lemay stans on Another World threads. You've had 40 years to come to grips with the fact that it's not 1978 anymore, let it fucking go.

by Anonymousreply 375January 21, 2018 3:00 PM

I'm worried about going out of state to a family wedding this weekend. Haven't seen any of them in 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 376January 21, 2018 3:04 PM

[quote] I want to quit my job and dance on Broadway. I'm 58, and have never taken a dance lesson. But I have that special...spark. Can I get a producer to build a show around my awkward charms?

Sorry doll, that ship has sailed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377January 21, 2018 4:35 PM

I wish that the posters here I have blocked (Trump trolls, Deplorables, nasty/argumentative/high-conflict, immature types, etc) could not see my posts. The fact that I can't see their posts only solves half the problem. Given the choice I would rather they couldn't see any of my posts.

by Anonymousreply 378January 21, 2018 6:54 PM

Easy to achieve. Don't post any. You sad pussy of a human being...

by Anonymousreply 379January 21, 2018 10:40 PM

Blocked much? Triggered by being ignored, hmmm? Are we?

by Anonymousreply 380January 21, 2018 11:20 PM

"Blocked much?" Oh dear God, it's that sad "Heathers" queen still quoting that tired schtick after 20 years. Valley girls are out, dipshit, even in the Valley.

by Anonymousreply 381January 21, 2018 11:31 PM

Ok, I've posted about this already. My ex asked me if he could borrow s 'gas card' a couple of weeks ago. He borrowed my AMEX card and charged a bunch of gas (which was okay with me) then charged some 'medical billing services'. I called him out on the 'medical billing services' because I was worried he was in in the hospital

by Anonymousreply 382January 22, 2018 12:18 AM

I hate yoga. It's so goddamned boring, and don't get me started on the "spiritual" aspect.

by Anonymousreply 383January 22, 2018 1:06 AM

People that smoke and get food stamps. Make a choice.

by Anonymousreply 384January 22, 2018 1:56 AM

People that smoke and get food stamps. Make a choice.

by Anonymousreply 385January 22, 2018 1:57 AM

What is it with you fucking queens? Can't you just fucking post something that annoys you or that you don't want to put on social media without getting in a fucking cunt fight with another poster? NO ONE FUCKING CARES SO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

by Anonymousreply 386January 22, 2018 2:23 AM

R386 - Re-read the "vent without reprisal" clause. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 387January 22, 2018 2:37 AM

No one gets out of here alive...

by Anonymousreply 388January 22, 2018 2:40 AM

Almost all Indian migrant women to the West are sour, snooty and or uppity.

You bring a backwards mindset and we are not amused.

by Anonymousreply 389January 22, 2018 6:13 AM

It makes me grumpy and sad whenever a gaggle of gays jump and squeal just because someone declares, "And THAT was the night the lights went out in Georgia!"

by Anonymousreply 390January 22, 2018 6:31 AM

"This one goes out to our very special listener, R390."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391January 22, 2018 7:01 AM

Slutty guys annoy me, they're usually messy head cases with virtually no moral compass and the way they are always whining about being judged makes me want to scream.

by Anonymousreply 392January 22, 2018 10:17 AM

I despise the unintelligible, sing-song, would-be English uttered by Indians, especially in IT.

by Anonymousreply 393January 22, 2018 10:34 AM

I want to bash anyone who says that they're on a "paleo diet" over the head with a rock. How's that for "paleo," you ridiculous twats?

by Anonymousreply 394January 22, 2018 10:37 AM

R394, yes! I would also extend that to people who go on “juice cleanses” (aka starvation diets) and then spout the long pseudo-science behind it.

Not ONE of the people I’ve ever known to go on a cleanse has ever lost weight and kept it off. Or gotten any healthier. They need to start offering basic nutrition classes in our public schools.

by Anonymousreply 395January 22, 2018 11:38 AM

How much I hate how 'alternative' medical approaches are perceived here. It's western medicine that's truly alternative! Ancient systems approach the body as an ally and a whole system. The western method poisons it! Why do you name a medical system, in existence for thousands of years and utilized by countless millions 'alternative' anyway? Because you want to marginalize it as 'weird' while selling ineffective and addictive substances that do not treat the actual cause of illness. It's far more profitable to keep you in perpetual ill health in this country.

by Anonymousreply 396January 22, 2018 1:28 PM

You type fat, R394.

by Anonymousreply 397January 22, 2018 1:35 PM

R397 doesn't understand the concept of 'without reprisal' and should be hung by his toes until all the shit runs out of his head.

by Anonymousreply 398January 22, 2018 1:38 PM

[quote]How much I hate how 'alternative' medical approaches are perceived here. It's western medicine that's truly alternative! Ancient systems approach the body as an ally and a whole system. The western method poisons it! Why do you name a medical system, in existence for thousands of years and utilized by countless millions 'alternative' anyway? Because you want to marginalize it as 'weird' while selling ineffective and addictive substances that do not treat the actual cause of illness. It's far more profitable to keep you in perpetual ill health in this country.

This. Allopathy is quackery. I went to an acupuncturist for a torn gluteus medius and he cured my pain in a single session. Acupuncture also took care of my plantar fasciitis in two meetings. It works, and the racist western-centric allopathy mafia demonizes it as "woo" for that reason while pushing poison pills that do nothing to prevent illness but only treat existing illness without actually curing it.

by Anonymousreply 399January 22, 2018 1:39 PM

[quote][R397] doesn't understand the concept of 'without reprisal' and should be hung by his toes until all the shit runs out of his head.

You try that and you'll be dead before you can even get the rope.

by Anonymousreply 400January 22, 2018 1:39 PM

This thread provides so many cunt-blocking opportunities. Bye, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 401January 22, 2018 1:48 PM

White gays are the best white people, but the worst gays.

by Anonymousreply 402January 22, 2018 1:49 PM

To my brother's girlfriend: We can't stand you. Never have and never will. We only tolerate you because our brother is deluded that he can't do any better. You're a petty, narcissistic, judgmental frau. You have plenty of money yet you're so cheap it's embarrassing. Please stop bragging about your kids: nobody gives a shit. You claim to be such a model Catholic yet you know nothing of Christian charity, generosity and forgiveness. No one likes you.

by Anonymousreply 403January 22, 2018 1:50 PM

Shit for brains wouldn't know what was happening until he was upside down and drowning in his own filth. I'm not worried.

by Anonymousreply 404January 22, 2018 1:50 PM

Black, Jewish, Asian, Latino, and indigenous men should be allowed to take white men as sex slaves.

by Anonymousreply 405January 22, 2018 1:56 PM

Except they'd be lousy at it.

by Anonymousreply 406January 22, 2018 1:57 PM

No, R406, your white ass is just too uptight to take a real man's dick.

by Anonymousreply 407January 22, 2018 2:02 PM

Homosexuality is a blessing from the Jewish God.

by Anonymousreply 408January 22, 2018 2:06 PM

People who misspell a single word should be banned from DataLounge for life.

by Anonymousreply 409January 22, 2018 2:59 PM

[quote]Ancient systems approach the body as an ally and a whole system. The western method poisons it!

And that's why life expectancy has grown exponentially in the last hundred years, the success of WESTERN treatments are proven (whereas we have centuries of experience with non-allopathy and still, no improvement... imagine that!), and when diagnosed with a serious medical condition, people from the world over flock to WESTERN practitioners... because it's all quackery and fake!

Here's the truth: acupuncture is a fun, relaxing way to take a break from everyday life. I've done it myself and quite enjoy it! Moreover, you're absolutely free to pursue whatever treatment you want. But curative? Hardly. And the danger is that it makes people think that they're doing something when, in fact, it's as close to nothing as you can get... but still paying for it.

by Anonymousreply 410January 22, 2018 3:35 PM

Sure sure, R410, there's loads of great medicine in the West, specifically the disease preventing kind like vaccinations. However, you don't get to disparage a medical system because YOU think it's quackery. Millions of Chinese and Indian people would dispute your opinion as to 'good health' and what they're paying for. They've survived just fine, for hundreds of years, without your nonsense system which abuses the body. Western medicine was doing fine until they made it about business and money and profit. Now only the rich can afford your addictive pills and inept 'cures.' Your medicine gave us MRSA, or is that something you're conveniently forgetting? Diabetes in the East? Hardly a blip. Heart disease, AIDs, etc. Yeah, it works alright, but not for the patient.

by Anonymousreply 411January 22, 2018 6:16 PM

I find people who spend more than two replies justifying their positions tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 412January 22, 2018 6:37 PM

well i had been meaning to join for a while, but a lot of the posts on this thread have made me feel super nervous about idk revealing my ethnicity and things like that. if it's gonna be exactly like talking to the douchey straight guys at work, i'm kinda disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 413January 22, 2018 6:38 PM

I know for a fact that Trump reads DataLounge for kicks.

by Anonymousreply 414January 22, 2018 7:11 PM

Almost all TCM-related pseudoscience cures nothing...basically a big sham. When clinically tested, most of it is barely in the placebo range.

Not to mention that much of the "tradition" behind it was cobbled together by Mao and his kind to pose as propaganda against Western science.

by Anonymousreply 415January 22, 2018 7:20 PM

I find people who spend more than two replies justifying their positions tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 416January 22, 2018 7:42 PM

It's tough being the "single friend". You want to call your buddy to grab a drink on the weekend, but you're always in competition with the spouse/family/DIY projects. It doesn't mean that I am desperate or need more friends if I say that I miss hanging out and talking over coffee. Sometimes you just find a friend who "gets" you, and is a good sounding board.

by Anonymousreply 417January 22, 2018 8:12 PM

Especially when the spouse is female. 9 times out of 10 they really don't like the single guy friend. Even if said guy friend is gay.

by Anonymousreply 418January 22, 2018 8:20 PM

Datalounge was my only access to modicum level of intelligence and now it has gone to utter shit too. Most of today's internet is populated by utter waste of brains. I really wish there was some way for me to follow earlybird users when internet was nascent as they were the only one with any value. I miss internet of 2006.

by Anonymousreply 419January 22, 2018 8:22 PM

I actually feel bad that no one has ever tried to abuse me sexually. It makes me feel ugly.

by Anonymousreply 420January 22, 2018 8:25 PM

R420 - That's a special kind of ugly. You win.

by Anonymousreply 421January 22, 2018 8:26 PM

The Chinese have been the major power of the world for nearly all of civilization except maybe the last 500 years.

I laugh at all the white people who think they're God's gift to the world.

Just you wait,

by Anonymousreply 422January 22, 2018 8:27 PM

"Datalounge was my only access to modicum level of intelligence..."

R419, that's fucking pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 423January 22, 2018 8:28 PM

[quote]"Datalounge was my only access to modicum level of intelligence..."

[quote] vent without reprisal.

[quote] that's fucking pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 424January 22, 2018 8:29 PM

When I was younger, I used to be in awe of overly confident men. They knew what they wanted and they were going to get it. In New York we see alot of Wall Street guys with this attitude

As I grew older, I realized more and more that many of these guys have mental issues and/or they're generally assholes.

Now, the second I see that chest-puffery, I immediate think they won't get the time of day from me. As someone who hires and fires people, that attitude is an immediate cross off the employment list/.

by Anonymousreply 425January 22, 2018 8:31 PM

R424 - Touché! Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 426January 22, 2018 8:36 PM

R419 10-15 Years ago this site was populated by basic level of intelligence which to my younger self was pretty insightful. I think I have just 'been hired' to my level of incompetency when it comes to the internet these days. I may have outgrown it but offline is pretty stupid too.

by Anonymousreply 427January 22, 2018 8:56 PM

[quote][R424] - Touché! Cunt.

Likes to dish it, but can't take it.

by Anonymousreply 428January 22, 2018 9:07 PM

R428 - I ruv ru.

by Anonymousreply 429January 22, 2018 9:52 PM

R419, the dumbing-down of the Internet can be traced directly to when AOL started providing access. It's been downhill ever since.

by Anonymousreply 430January 22, 2018 10:08 PM

[quote] I want to bash anyone who says that they're on a "paleo diet" over the head with a rock. How's that for "paleo," you ridiculous twats?

Fine. Eat carbs and get fat while the rest of us eat fat and protein so we can be strong enough to be pallbearers at your funeral. You try that shit, I'll fucking cut you like a medium-rare chateaubriand.

by Anonymousreply 431January 22, 2018 10:11 PM

by Anonymousreply 432January 22, 2018 10:41 PM

by Anonymousreply 433January 22, 2018 10:42 PM

[quote][R419], the dumbing-down of the Internet can be traced directly to when AOL started providing access. It's been downhill ever since.

Good thing I never used AOL. By now, there must be a whole mountain in some landfill somewhere made up of nothing but discarded AOL startup discs.

by Anonymousreply 434January 22, 2018 10:51 PM

I'm exhausted by my elderly mother; I love her dearly and I know we don't have much time left and deserves whatever I can give her, but sometimes dealing with her just drains the life out me and I wish it was over. I feel terrible saying that.

by Anonymousreply 435January 22, 2018 10:52 PM

I'm starting to really hate America and Americans. Such a great country once. How it has fallen!

by Anonymousreply 436January 22, 2018 10:52 PM

[quote]R413 well i had been meaning to join for a while, but a lot of the posts on this thread have made me feel super nervous about idk revealing...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437January 22, 2018 11:19 PM

Lol, R435, I can relate!

by Anonymousreply 438January 23, 2018 1:32 AM

I was the one who ate the rest of that dessert that was in the break room fridge. I thought it was leftover from some company party. I never suspected it was your own personal dessert. Yes, I read your extremely nasty note on the fridge door. Although you didn't deserve it, I went to a dessert place and bought a gift certificate, and I placed it in your mailbox. I never told you, or anyone, that it was me. I did it because it was the right thing to do. You were a cunt about it. Now it's 22 years later and I can't even remember your name, just your cuntiness.

by Anonymousreply 439January 23, 2018 1:45 AM

R422, wait what? For you to learn English? Du bist eine schlampe.

by Anonymousreply 440January 23, 2018 1:56 AM

I hate it when I'm watching a movie or tv show and something bad happens to a sympathetic black, hispanic or asian character. It bothers me more than when a sympathetic white character cops something bad.

I'm white, btw.

by Anonymousreply 441January 23, 2018 2:20 AM

I love the human race, goddamn it.

by Anonymousreply 442January 23, 2018 2:58 AM

Adderrall addicts using their withdrawal to lump when they abused their prescription

by Anonymousreply 443January 23, 2018 3:54 AM

You get a gold star and a pat on the head, R441.

by Anonymousreply 444January 23, 2018 3:56 AM

r231, I could've typed your post. thank you. What r275 and r293 wrote, too.

I'm a straight up nihilist, and I write this as someone who enjoys the feeling of awe at beautiful sunrise. We're not only a menace to ourselves, but to other animals and plant-life too.

I welcome when, to paraphrase George Carlin, Earth has had enough of humans it will shake us off like a bad case of the fleas.

by Anonymousreply 445January 23, 2018 11:56 AM

Shopping at local mom-and-pop businesses is a pain in the ass. Irregular hours, unreliable staff, limited selection. This is why everyone stopped doing it as soon as reasonable alternatives became available.

by Anonymousreply 446January 23, 2018 12:22 PM

I want to tell my best friend of decades that I don't want to hear his whining about his husband. When they met the husband was sober and healthy. They've been together for eight years and married for 2. After, four years he fell off the wagon. His episodes of drug and alcohol abuse are random and once every several months. Lately, it's been more close together. My friend goes on and on about having enough and leaving. Then the next day he is back to making it work. That is until his husband disappears on a drug binge then he is back to deciding he can't take it and leaving.

by Anonymousreply 447January 23, 2018 12:34 PM

[quote]To the women abused by their partners, you kind of knew your partner was a dickhead when you met him, but that's what attracted you to him, wasn't it?

Yep.

As someone who grew up with a violent alcoholic piece of shit father and weak bitch mother, I can say without a doubt that I have ZERO fucking compassion for most of the women in these situations. Bitch, you fucking KNEW he was an angry drunk, but you stayed and had kids with him anyway. That makes you stupid and weak, and your children should be able to fucking sue you for emotional neglect, deliberate infliction of emotional and physical abuse, even wrongful birth (or wrongful adoption, in my case).

I do have compassion for the women who truly have no say in their abusive situation, such as young girls from backwards shithole cultures like Muslims and India. But that doesn't apply to most of the abused women in North America, who choose their own pain and then whine that it hurts.

by Anonymousreply 448January 23, 2018 7:57 PM

R445, the antinatalists are great too. Peter Wessel Zapffe, one of the first environmentalists, had this to say: "In accordance with my conception of life, I have chosen not to bring children into the world. A coin is examined and only after careful deliberation given to a beggar, whereas a child is flung out into the cosmic brutality without hesitation."

by Anonymousreply 449January 23, 2018 9:49 PM

I enjoy my privilege, and I'm never going to give it up.

by Anonymousreply 450January 23, 2018 10:53 PM

America was never a great country at least not when I've been alive and I'm old.

by Anonymousreply 451January 23, 2018 11:11 PM

[quote]R449 A coin is examined and only after careful deliberation given to a beggar, whereas a child is flung out into the cosmic brutality without hesitation."

That's why the Anti-Choice side's argument that it's more loving to have a baby and give it up for adoption (rather than abort it) is a crock. So....the plan is to just hand your baby over to strangers, to make its way in the world the best fate, circumstances, genetics and economics allow??

Sorry, I don't trust random strangers that much.

by Anonymousreply 452January 24, 2018 12:00 AM

For the first time in my life, I can’t think of anything meaningful to say. My mother died just under two weeks ago and I can’t let it fully enter my consciousness. I am haunted by visions of her crying “help me!” which she did for two days straight before she was put on a breathing machine, and watching her “picking” with her fingers and staring skyward with her mouth agape days before she died. I am literally haunted. She was my best friend and most beloved human, the only person on this planet who understood me. I want to talk to her again. I am so heartbroken the feeling is overwhelming and I thought it might kill me. I had a 104 fever for two days. I don’t like life without her. The world feels incomplete and artificial. And my normal escape, in sleep, is where it’s most real. I have decided life is a cruel and evil thing.

by Anonymousreply 453January 24, 2018 12:56 AM

All the adulation over CMBYN makes me think the rumors about Hollywood trying to normalize sex between adults and minors are true.

by Anonymousreply 454January 24, 2018 1:00 AM

I hate graffiti and have a fantasy of being a shatpshooter, able to a shoot the offending hand of the person defacing someone elses propety. Culturally important artwork my @$$..

by Anonymousreply 455January 24, 2018 1:06 AM

I'm an amazing dinner party guest.

by Anonymousreply 456January 24, 2018 1:29 AM

R[453] May your mother Rest In Peace. I am sorry for your profound loss. Wish I could give you a casserole, or whatever your preferred comfort food may be.

by Anonymousreply 457January 24, 2018 1:38 AM

I tried to spend time with my nieces when they were younger. I would take them places and do things with them their parents would not. Now they act like they do not want anything to do with me. When I die I am not going to mean anything to anybody.

by Anonymousreply 458January 24, 2018 2:31 AM

R445, I too think that there are too many children, that people should not be allowed to just procreate without passing at least basic parenting competence tests, and there should be a limit on the number of children each person can have. However, I am where the rubber meets the road. My parents shouldn't have had children; at least, not me. My childhood wasn't horrible or anything (recalling the stories of horrible parental treatment on another thread here), but I realized at a very young age that I would never have children because I don't want to pass the genes along to another generation.

by Anonymousreply 459January 24, 2018 3:12 AM

R453 Deeply sorry for your loss. May you find rest in the upcoming days, and be gentle with yourself. Sleep and eat when you can. Don;t think you have to rush your grieving.

by Anonymousreply 460January 24, 2018 3:52 AM

R453 sorry for your loss, hang in there. Your mother was lucky to have you there as she passed . Being with someone as they pass is not always peaceful, the fact that you were there was important. Allow yourself time to grieve , talk to a counselor and have a plan for YOUR life. The first year is always the most difficult, my mother died on Christmas eve suddenly and my father 10 years later. Feeling lost is natural , I felt that too.

by Anonymousreply 461January 24, 2018 5:00 AM

R453 Oh, I'm so sorry you lost a beloved friend, and parent. Your post has made me want to call MY mom and patch things up. So you've done some good, if that's any consolation. Hope you get through it all : (

[BOLD] XOXO [/BOLD]

by Anonymousreply 462January 24, 2018 5:53 AM

You should leave your wife for me. I can give you what you want in bed and since you don't want kids that's not a concern. I'd do anything humanly possible to make you happy and I can hold down a job so it wouldn't just be you breaking your back paying for everything.

by Anonymousreply 463January 24, 2018 6:04 AM

I’m praying for you R453, as corny as that sounds. But truly, you will get through this and your relationship with your mom is something most people wish for and never get, so be grateful.

by Anonymousreply 464January 24, 2018 8:02 AM

I guarantee that R458 is a one-sided gripe.

I lost contact with an aunt beloved to me as a child, and she wrongly took it very personally. She never bothered to find out why I stayed away from her into adulthood, and perhaps if she had then we could have had a rapprochement. In my eyes her bitter punishing attitude toward my parents following a family dispute was perfectly good reason to give her a wide berth, because I’m an adult who takes care of myself by keeping angry poisonous grudge-holders away from me whether they’re kin or no.

R458 has without doubt behaved in some way that has redflagged to his/her nieces and won't examine her own part in this relationship failing. Young people these days know how to spot a bitter bitch.

by Anonymousreply 465January 24, 2018 11:31 AM

Let me add that it may be a spouse or S.O. that drove R458’s niece to estrangement.

I know that my aunt’s asshole homophobe of a husband was a minor contributing factor to my decision.

by Anonymousreply 466January 24, 2018 12:17 PM

R465 What part of "without reprisal" don't you understand?

by Anonymousreply 467January 24, 2018 12:22 PM

This is R453. Thanks for all your supportive and encouraging words. People have been kind and generous, and especially my job and my sister’s job. But none of that affects this surreal reality. I was *so close* to my mom and maybe that is why close parental relationships are kind of frowned upon by many, but she was my closest friend and confidant plus the person who gave me life and who nursed me through illnesses and protected me and gave me insights. I feel like God died in a way. And on top of everything else I just feel a profound sense of doom with no escape. Trump and his evil minions are omnipresent—I can’t escape news and conversations about chaos and evil. I couldn’t see my mom when she was lucid in the hospital for the first two days because I had a fever and obviously couldn’t risk making her sick. Week two in the ICU, my sister came in every day with a head cold and I of course caught it. A little under a week after my mom died I went back to work—this was after I had not been in the office for a month because every day in the hospital the doctors thought might be her last, and the day after I got back to work I came down with the flu. I was literally too sick to get to a doctor. I had a 105 fever for two days and I thought I was going to die and hoped to see my mom again. The only lifeline that was offered was from my dad—a 70 year-old new widower who had a triple bypass last year and who has a stent in an abdominal aortic aneurysm wanted to come take me to the ER. I had to fight with him to tell him I am not willing to kill my father weeks after my mother died. And I discovered I now have a phobia of the hospital after spending weeks watching my mom being tortured by caregivers with that fucking breathing tube and all the pricking and jostling. My dad suffered terribly over what to do. He knew my mom did not want life support but at the time it wasn’t considered “life support,” just a necessary procedure. It was torture. “Help me! Help me!” she was saying for two days before they induced the coma and intubated her. In the end the hospital didn’t do anything at all that helped her. They did A LOT to her. They got A LOT wrong. They never figured out what ultimately caused her breakdown. Her father, my grandfather, used to tell her “if you want to live a long life, stay away from the hospital.” She went to the same hospital he did; he had a stroke at 84, and the hospital put a feeding tube drip into his airway instead of his throat and he died from pneumonia.

So my mom is gone forever, which makes no sense.

Doctors made her suffering worse and never determined what was wrong with her and now I am afraid of hospitals and decided when I had the flu I would rather suffer or die in my bed than go to the ER.

I’ve now been out of my office for almost SIX WEEKS and my colleagues and my boss have been incredibly understanding and patient and keep encouraging me to take my time, and also have proved to themselves and to me that I am utterly unnecessary to have around and I truly have never felt more worthless in my life. I mean really worthless.

I am in a leave deficit of at least a week. I don’t know how that is going to work out.

I just want to give up and opt out. How can I do that? I don’t want to kill myself but I don’t want to be alive anymore. I am sick of being sick. I can’t process not having my mom. I am apparently useless at my job of 10 years, where I am highly paid and if I were my boss I would be wondering what the fuck I am good for. I am sick of the hate in this world. Everything went from fine to dystopian and bleak and surreal in one year.

by Anonymousreply 468January 24, 2018 12:45 PM

You are very wrong, R465. I do not show bitterness whenever I am with them. I try to be loving and supportive. I asked about the situation, but they will not say anything. If I knew, I would try to solve the problem. But thanks for making it all my fault.

by Anonymousreply 469January 24, 2018 3:41 PM

Calling somebody else fat won't make you any skinnier.

Calling someone stupid doesn't make you any smarter.

And ruining [ Name withheld ] life definitely didn't make me any happier. All you can do in life is try to solve the problem in front of you.

by Anonymousreply 470January 24, 2018 3:49 PM

I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school...

I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy.

by Anonymousreply 471January 24, 2018 3:52 PM

I just don't give a shit about people in the flyover states. When there are mass shootings or fires or floods, I laugh inside.

by Anonymousreply 472January 24, 2018 4:35 PM

R468 You are having a major pity party.

Not to discount all the pain and suffering you've been going through but you've had a lot of love in your life and despite what you are saying are valued and cared about by your colleagues. Many of us have had nowhere near what you've had in life. Like parents who've hated us and work situations where everybody makes you feel like a resented lowlife.

Are you in therapy with the possibility of seeing a psychiatrist? I know this seems like a banal and trite response but there is no other.

by Anonymousreply 473January 24, 2018 4:49 PM

I'm hearing it so often now in life and on boards that people who adopted children were absolutely the shittiest of parents. How could this be? You'd thinzk they hit the jackpot but the horror stories have me confused. How did they pass an agency's scrutiny? Like that poor Lisa Stein Berg with Hedda and Joel?

by Anonymousreply 474January 24, 2018 5:30 PM

Parents who have children often have them as accessories. Same with natural born kids.

And accessories go out of style. But children unlike a handbag cannot be easily gotten rid of. And resentment builds.

by Anonymousreply 475January 24, 2018 5:36 PM

I hate people who chew gum.

by Anonymousreply 476January 24, 2018 6:13 PM

R447 Tell him.

by Anonymousreply 477January 24, 2018 7:08 PM

R465, your rejection of your aunt was purely personal.

by Anonymousreply 478January 24, 2018 7:11 PM

[quote]I hate people who chew gum.

Doesn't everyone?

by Anonymousreply 479January 24, 2018 7:13 PM

I particularly hate people who incessantly chew gum in public.

It's as if their breath refreshment is more important then how it makes a group of people feel around them (irked by the noises and the sight of someone slack jawed and chewing their cud).

by Anonymousreply 480January 24, 2018 7:55 PM

I also hate people who push the pedestrian button more than once, and or violently.

Also, people who are addicted to their headphones and use it as an excuse not engage with anyone in public. I hope you motherfuckers have a seizure on the sidewalk and no one helps you because they are too wrapped up in their own headphones. Die already!

by Anonymousreply 481January 24, 2018 7:57 PM

I was crazy about Broadway musicals when I was young. Just a total theater queen.

Now I can't stand them and think that adults who haven't outgrown their love for them are as disturbed as those who believe in religion.

by Anonymousreply 482January 24, 2018 8:06 PM

Do you listen to opera, R482?

by Anonymousreply 483January 24, 2018 8:09 PM

I was an opera queen-keeping up with all the latest news and gossip,. Now I just listen to it once in a while. I don't subscribe to OperaNews anymore.

Opera nuts are insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 484January 24, 2018 8:23 PM

I used to love ballet and now admit how inane it is.

by Anonymousreply 485January 24, 2018 8:23 PM

R481 - "I also hate people who push the pedestrian button more than once, and or violently."

I fucking hate that too.

by Anonymousreply 486January 24, 2018 8:26 PM

I hate people who have no idea how elevator buttons work.

Push ONLY the direction you need to go, you fucking idiot!

by Anonymousreply 487January 24, 2018 8:27 PM

I went through my opera queen phase after my theater queen phase and now only listen to it occasionally like R484.

by Anonymousreply 488January 24, 2018 8:33 PM

[quote]I also hate people who push the pedestrian button more than once

What is "the pedestrian button"?

by Anonymousreply 489January 24, 2018 8:36 PM

There should be the death penalty for people who scream BRAVO! the split second after a classical music piece is played or an opera aria is sung.

And the method of death should be created by Peter the Great at his most demented.

by Anonymousreply 490January 24, 2018 8:42 PM

I'm a fan of the Code of Hammurabi, myself.

by Anonymousreply 491January 24, 2018 8:45 PM

R490, Yes!

by Anonymousreply 492January 24, 2018 10:12 PM

Vivian Vance had fat thighs.

by Anonymousreply 493January 24, 2018 10:13 PM

I hate people that press the WRONG button informing an entire state of non existent nuclear attack !!!

I picture said worker to be over 60, female, of Hawaiian heritage, morbidly obese typical federal worker that takes 6 months off every year on disability then comes back and is reassigned to a lesser position with no impact on pay

by Anonymousreply 494January 24, 2018 10:19 PM

Calendars are a waste of money.

by Anonymousreply 495January 24, 2018 10:20 PM

Pennies are a waste of money. AND nickels.

by Anonymousreply 496January 24, 2018 10:24 PM

Heidi Klum should have never married Seal.

by Anonymousreply 497January 24, 2018 10:30 PM

I kind of hate candles. And the people who are always burning them.

Are they really THAT much of a thrill??

by Anonymousreply 498January 24, 2018 11:30 PM

R468 Heartbreaking. I am so sorry for what you've been through and are still dealing with. One of my closest friends went through something similar. I tried to be there as best as I could but since I had a very distant relationship with my mother, as she was toxic and abusive and I never really felt like I had a mother, and supporting my friend everyday through this was an emotional challenge. I used to secretly wish her mother was my mother. My mother was so awful, she didn't even care about her own children. She made everything about herself and always put herself first. So I did the best I could supporting my friend as she was also very, very close to her mom, who really was a wonderful mother/women. Like your mother, to know her was to love her.

I saw my friend suffer emotionally, physically and spiritually when her mother died at the young age of 70 due to complications from diabetes. When my mother died I felt relieved and only grieved for what I never had; a loving mother, especially the lack of love, nurturing, genuine concern and emotional support when I needed it. So I didn't go through anything like the depth of pain you are describing.

It also sounds like you suffered from feelings of helplessness when your mother called out to you and on top of that you didn't have time to prepare for her loss, not that one can ever be fully prepared for that. A really good *grief counselor* (LCSW who specializes in grief) can help you cope with the loss. Something to consider. If you don't mind my asking, how old your mother was when she died and what sent her to the hospital? If you don't want to share that, it's okay. I wish you the best in this difficult time. Again, so sorry for your loss.

by Anonymousreply 499January 24, 2018 11:32 PM

R473

Do you have no humanity?

by Anonymousreply 500January 24, 2018 11:39 PM

I hate people who are late to see a movie! Especially when they have their LED phone lights on trying to locate their seats and stepping on your feet. Fuck you.

I hate people who use their phones in the theatres after the commercials stop playing. Fuck you.

I hate people who use the seat in front of them as a foot stool. You're not at home, you imbecile. Fuck you.

I hate people who incessantly talk throughout a movie. You're not at home, you fucking turtle. Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 501January 24, 2018 11:46 PM

@CBSmichelegile

High School student arrested in #Irvine per @IrvinePolice for attempted rape of jogger. 18 year old ID'd as Keenan Al-Sayed Ahmed #cbsla @CBSLA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502January 24, 2018 11:46 PM

Mitt Romney might not have been that bad as President if it would have prevented Trump from taking office.

by Anonymousreply 503January 24, 2018 11:55 PM

Melania Trump is a righteous fox!

by Anonymousreply 504January 25, 2018 12:23 AM

I didn't go to a movie theatre between Brokeback and Manchester because I hate audience members even more than r501 does.

by Anonymousreply 505January 25, 2018 12:28 AM

[quote]’ve now been out of my office for almost SIX WEEKS and my colleagues and my boss have been incredibly understanding and patient and keep encouraging me to take my time, and also have proved to themselves and to me that I am utterly unnecessary to have around and I truly have never felt more worthless in my life. I mean really worthless.

R468, Here's the thing: LET THEM, and just be grateful. I lost my parents, and I never knew what to expect until it happened, but then it did. You'll feel like you're hitting every branch on the sides of the canyon, down to the bottom, but you never hit bottom. Eventually, I guess I did. I'm still recovering from it, and I think I will for the rest of my life. It's not easy, but you eventually get used to it, and your attention isn't focused fully on your loss.

Recently, I finally told my ex that I knew he was HIV positive. He hung up the phone on me, but he just texted me yesterday like nothing had happened. I'm a really shitty person for knowing his secret in the first place, but feel very lucky that he still cares about me and will talk to me, despite my intense shittiness.

by Anonymousreply 506January 25, 2018 1:25 AM

Why are YOU "shitty," R506? He lied to you.

by Anonymousreply 507January 25, 2018 1:29 AM

R507, To elaborate, I only found out about his HIV status after we had separated and he had moved on to a new partner. I have access to his HIPAA information, and had no business looking, but did anyway after I had called repeatedly for several weeks, and he hadn't returned my calls. I learned about his HIV status a long time ago, and was very much saddened at the time, but it was something I carried on my own for a long time, since I couldn't tell anyone. I only recently learned that now, I have a chronic disease as well, and was telling him about it. That's when it slipped out that I knew he was HIV+. I have no reason to think he cheated on me or lied to me. But I wish he had confided in me.

by Anonymousreply 508January 25, 2018 1:39 AM

BTW, If he called my employer to report me, I'd be fired immediately.

by Anonymousreply 509January 25, 2018 1:41 AM

I can't stand people from India and China and I think that the planet would benefit from a nuclear war between those 2 countries.

by Anonymousreply 510January 25, 2018 1:46 AM

Nobody pressed the wrong button, they were checking the reactions of the public in case of a real event. If you can never get real data, you can't really prepare and shouldn't even bother trying. How gullible are people anyway?

by Anonymousreply 511January 25, 2018 2:11 AM

People who call their pets furbabies. Cats. Their litterboxes. People who let their dogs lick their faces. Black women who have yarn as braids. It doesn't look like hair. It looks like yarn glued to your scalp. When a kid is screaming in a restaurant, I want to say to the Mom " you know you should have gotten an abortion " Women who act like they are too good to give their husband a blow job. And sending a thank you note for a job interview FTS. Having to only apply online for a job.

by Anonymousreply 512January 25, 2018 2:37 AM

-I think the "me too" movement is a huge step BACK for feminism as it is making women come across as ridiculous and unreasonable. The "believe the victim" ideal is insane and un-American. Ansari's date could have easily said no and left at any time. -I have no sympathy for smokers under 50. They knew it was bad when they started. -I don't enjoy anal sex at all. Gimme mutual oral any day. -It's not racist to sexually prefer partners of your own race. That would be like calling gay men misogynists because we're not attracted to women. -The worst kind of homeless people are the ones that get in your face and ask for money. I want to slap them. I also want to slap the shit out of the "ShowTime" kids.

by Anonymousreply 513January 25, 2018 3:46 AM

[quote]R506 I'm a really shitty person for knowing his secret in the first place, but feel very lucky that he still cares about me

Why are you shitty for grasping reality?

by Anonymousreply 514January 25, 2018 5:24 AM

I told him he was enormously lucky to be to be so loved in his life and very much respected professionally.

He is not getting that at all and not seeing it because he is going through so much but now it is time to seek support.

I'm not understanding you.

by Anonymousreply 515January 25, 2018 8:17 AM

R468, if you're still here, my advice is to go back to work. (1) Getting back into a routine could be very beneficial at this point; (2) your boss and co-workers sound very supportive, so I'm sure they'll continue to provide for you, even if it's just getting your mind back on work; (3) as far as feeling unimportant because work just kept chugging along without you: no one is irreplaceable in the work place, and just because they survived without you doesn't mean you weren't missed.

Good luck. I have two aging parents, and I know I'll be a mess when the inevitable day comes. You have my sympathy, but keep living your life.

by Anonymousreply 516January 26, 2018 8:01 AM

To the woman Who left work this week: Good riddance. The reason no one liked you at work is because you were a cunt to everyone. You can tell us how awful it was working with us, but now that you're gone the place is 100% happier.

As the saying goes, if you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you're the asshole.

by Anonymousreply 517January 26, 2018 8:18 AM

I was your best friend until H came along, and then we all would hang out together. this was over 20 years ago. You dumped me as a friend for reasons unknown to me and H became your BFF. I moved on but it hurt and found true friends. Years later we all friended each other on FB and you had gone through recovery and apologized to me for dumping me so long ago. i brushed it off but you and H are still BFF's and i see all your pictures and trips together. I just want to know what did i do? but it's been over 20 years so why does it even matter anymore.

by Anonymousreply 518January 26, 2018 9:15 AM

R518 is H heroin?

by Anonymousreply 519January 26, 2018 11:07 AM

People who use this thread as their own private Dear Abby column need to nip it in the bud.

by Anonymousreply 520January 26, 2018 1:08 PM

R520 Which part of 'This is the place to vent without reprisal' do you not understand?

by Anonymousreply 521January 26, 2018 2:20 PM

r520 Ima Kunt

by Anonymousreply 522January 26, 2018 2:21 PM

R519 yes, and R520 needs to keep licking til he reaches the bubblegum center

by Anonymousreply 523January 26, 2018 6:53 PM

I'm pleased with the amount of responses on this thread, and I'm also surprised at the varied nature of them. My original intent was to have folks say nasty things that they thought about posting on facebook, etc, but stopped because they knew the fallout that would result. Many of the responses seem like a true unburdening of one's thoughts, which seems therapeutic. It's also amusing, and somehow reassuring to read others' irritations, annoyances and vitriol. We're really not all that different, once you get down to the core.

by Anonymousreply 524January 27, 2018 3:41 AM

I hope that God Damned straight washed NBC TV version of the book 'Drama High', now titled 'Rise' sinks like a God Damned stone. Fuck Jason Katims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525January 30, 2018 4:33 AM

TOP SECRET: I like the cheesy 80's thriller [italic]Masquerade.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526January 30, 2018 4:48 AM

I would like to say but can't that I wish all Evangelicals would drop dead. They make up almost a quarter of the population so that would be a lot of people. But that's how I feel. I'd be happy to hear they are gone.

by Anonymousreply 527January 30, 2018 6:26 AM

I'm doing quite well at the moment, and am very happy. I'm afraid to say so on social media, because it would make people envious or greedy.

by Anonymousreply 528January 31, 2018 5:33 AM

Most people in open relationships are too dysfunctional to be any good to their partner. These types come from an instant gratification mindset, and need constant stimulation to prove their own sexuality and sexiness to themselves, instead of working with whom they have as a partner, and getting creative with them.

Of course I mean it when i say "most". I've known a few open relationships that really worked well for both people, and they were for different reasons, which were based in maturity, love, clear communication, and humility. Most gay men cannot handle those concepts, so therefore most gay men in open relationships can't handle being in a relationship in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 529January 31, 2018 5:44 AM

I think Bruno Mars is an extremely overrated hack. He thinks way too highly of himself, and does nothing but derivative production. I think his rise to fame is an example of how dumb America has gotten, and how "confidence" is all that is needed to appear talented.

by Anonymousreply 530January 31, 2018 6:30 AM

I've always been "eh" about Madonna.

And Whitney Houston.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531January 31, 2018 6:42 AM

I'm thinking of buying the DVDs wild orchid and two moon junction. The men in them are hot.

by Anonymousreply 532January 31, 2018 12:22 PM

I really can't stand whiney people and want to sock them in the teeth.

by Anonymousreply 533January 31, 2018 12:35 PM

R528 How would it make people greedy? Would they ask you for money or favors?

by Anonymousreply 534January 31, 2018 1:25 PM

R534, yes. I help out my family friends a lot, but if they knew how well I was doing, they would potentially lose all humility with me.

by Anonymousreply 535January 31, 2018 2:21 PM

R530, you can fill in Bruno Mars' name with so many others and your comment would still be 100% true.....

by Anonymousreply 536January 31, 2018 2:23 PM

I've fallen in love with a straight friend. I am such an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 537February 6, 2018 2:13 AM

I want Paris Dennard and Jack Kinston to get hit by busses, or go to jail and get fucked up the ass repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 538February 10, 2018 3:53 AM

^ that was supposed to read Jack Kingston

by Anonymousreply 539February 10, 2018 4:04 AM

It's tough being friends with someone who is such an introvert that they completely forget I exist when the weekend arrives 9-5 M-F friend is all I can get. Really, I'll come over and watch bad Netflix with you just so we can visit. IDGAF what you wear, or what the house looks like. I want to talk to you without co-workers around. I like talking to you.

by Anonymousreply 540February 17, 2018 1:52 AM

It's tough being in love with someone that I can only see 9-5 M-F. I pretend I'm an introvert, but the real reason I can't see him on weekends is because I have another lover.

by Anonymousreply 541February 17, 2018 5:09 AM

I wish you would talk to me about whatever has changed between us. It constantly feels like thee is an elephant in the room when we are talking.

by Anonymousreply 542February 21, 2018 7:02 PM

Help me out, DL: just found out my Trump lovin', cunty ex SIL is getting divorced for the 4th time. She thinks she's Sarah Palin. My sad Trumpster brother still pines for her. (They were together 20 years.) What do I say to my brother? My ex SIL?

by Anonymousreply 543February 23, 2018 2:20 AM

Tell your brother that obviously she can't be happy with anyone, and it was nothing personal.

by Anonymousreply 544February 23, 2018 6:13 AM

The thread about beans on toast makes me hungry, even though baked beans contain too much sugar

by Anonymousreply 545February 23, 2018 11:02 AM

I resent and hate good looking straight men for not being attracted to me the way I 'm attracted to them. I know it's wrong because they can't help being attracted to women and are just doing what comes natural to them. I also will not befriend any good looking straight guy I'm attracted to, I keep them at arms length and will not get emotionally close with them. Again I know it's fucked up but that's just the way I feel no matter how much I try not to.

by Anonymousreply 546February 24, 2018 1:52 AM

[quote]r546 I resent and hate good looking straight men for not being attracted to me the way I 'm attracted to them. ... I also will not befriend any good looking straight guy I'm attracted to, I keep them at arms length and will not get emotionally close with them. Again I know it's fucked up but that's just the way I feel no matter how much I try not to.

I wouldn't call it "fucked up"...I'd just say it's avoiding a lot of discomfort. They're not going to change and you're not going to change, so you're just heading it off at the pass, as it were.

by Anonymousreply 547February 24, 2018 9:11 AM

I am so afraid of the world and what it’s become that I have eroticised control. My best sex now is when I find someone who wants to be tied up and physically and verbally abused. The more servile they are, the harder my boner gets. And once I cum, the agreement is they just leave until I summon them back.

I’m shocked at how many married (to women) men love this setup.

by Anonymousreply 548February 24, 2018 9:25 AM

Argument with a friend. Asked if she wanted us to continue the friendship. Have now waited 3 days while she "prays about it." Honey, Jesus died and arose in less time.

by Anonymousreply 549February 26, 2018 1:40 AM

Just a general DL question. For me, the OP's post is lined out - so too many FF's, right? How many IS that? Does it offset it if that post were to get a bunch of WW's? Does a poster get put into time out if they have too many threads like this?

by Anonymousreply 550February 28, 2018 2:13 PM

Bump fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 551March 1, 2018 2:13 AM

Would like to be more than a fucking afterthought once in awhile. I feel like the leftovers in the back of the fridge.

by Anonymousreply 552March 1, 2018 10:41 PM

Islam is an infection and the Left is hiv disabling Europe's ability to defend itself and the welfare of it's most vulnerable citizens.

by Anonymousreply 553March 1, 2018 10:46 PM

OP here, r550. I'm glad you raised that question, because I've never understood what the lined out thing means. Can anyone here explain it? And yes, I FF'd and blocked a bunch of assholes.

by Anonymousreply 554March 2, 2018 3:01 AM

R554 I know that if you have gotten FFed X number of times on a particular post it will be lined out. My settings are at Asbestos Eyeballs, which I believe means that you would have to have had more than normal FF's for me not to see that post. I've been here as a spectator for many, many years now, so maybe someone who posts frequently can weigh in.

I think you pissed off the theatre posters OP, but that's only a guess.

by Anonymousreply 555March 2, 2018 3:09 AM

Hmmm, r555. I don't know how I'd piss off the theatre posters. I'm a theatre poster myself, and what I said was about a specific actor, who I didn't even name. I checked my permissions and they're all normal. And I am also set to Asbestos Eyeballs. Is the OP lined out to anyone else? It looks normal to me.

by Anonymousreply 556March 2, 2018 3:21 AM

I cared too much, and I let you in. Now I am regretting it, and am thinking you'd be better off without me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557March 2, 2018 8:42 PM

Hindsight is 20/20. I hate it when you realize that you've trusted the wrong person.

by Anonymousreply 558March 2, 2018 9:36 PM

Your co-workers are not your friends.

by Anonymousreply 559March 2, 2018 10:08 PM

Agreed R559

by Anonymousreply 560March 2, 2018 11:39 PM

Getting older sucks. I can tell by how my joints feel what the weather will be.

by Anonymousreply 561March 3, 2018 7:57 PM

I believe most of what Catherine Austin Fitts believes. That our shadow government is the place where all the missing money goes, like a mistress siphoning off the breadwinner's accounts so his real family gets so little. All this missing money creates unnecessary chaos in every part of our lives and it doesn't have to be this way. The right vs left is a phony distraction, neither side is in charge they are all puppets. I get very discouraged by the complacency and I wish every person in the US would refuse to file their tax returns. We are working our asses off to pay for people to party all day and watch pron and get massive pensions.

I'm so pissed at both parties and the puppets they are while they fill their pockets and live like kings and perform like actors on a stage, laughing behind the scenes at the masses of idiots who look up to them.

by Anonymousreply 562March 3, 2018 9:17 PM

This is part of our problems. The car is off the cliff and we're worried about changing the radio station.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563March 3, 2018 9:24 PM

Penis.

by Anonymousreply 564March 4, 2018 2:25 AM

I thought that you hung the moon, and I was just lucky to be around you. But I realized that the friendship was primarily one-sided. The kind gestures; the bringing lunch by; the emails to check on well-being; all coming from me. I just got to be not so lonely for a couple of hours, but you never really saw me. You were focused on the external - how everything "looks" - while I focused on how things looked on the inside. I'll never be fashionable, but I have a good heart, and am a damn loyal friend. Maybe you'll see that when I'm not around.

by Anonymousreply 565March 4, 2018 3:58 PM

Again, I'll say that this thread is so illuminating. We're all just looking for love, acceptance and a sense of fitting in.

by Anonymousreply 566March 4, 2018 4:54 PM

I feel like the 'powers that be' know something and are making all these moves to protect themselves and set up for the aftermath of a large cataclysm. Just a gut feeling.

by Anonymousreply 567March 4, 2018 5:17 PM

I'd like to smack OP or whatever queen keeps asking shit and making judgments. BITCH, read the post title! It says without reprisal. You want to suck people into revealing their deepest feelings but then pull the judggie shit. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 568March 4, 2018 5:50 PM

Where R568 ?

by Anonymousreply 569March 4, 2018 8:06 PM

I can assure you as the OP that I haven't judged anyone on this thread I just applaud the honesty that is coming from some of the posters. I'd like to smack them too. I honestly started this for people to say shitty, snarky things that they didn't want to post on social media because they knew they'd get raked over the coals. But it's turned out to be much more.

by Anonymousreply 570March 5, 2018 4:28 AM

I read 3 or 4 fan fiction stories that began a couple years back. I wish the writers would finish them up, so I can close that chapter of my life.

by Anonymousreply 571March 5, 2018 3:28 PM

I meant smack 'whatever queen keeps asking shit and making judgments'. OP, r570

by Anonymousreply 572March 5, 2018 3:59 PM

News here today - drunk white, 22 y/o ran over and killed a mentally challenged black girl late at night, hit & run, and got found not guilty. Fucking ridiculous! They wouldn't allow any of the major pieces of evidence in - his cell phone where he admitted drinking, the windshield with her head imprint.

I hope her family sues the fuck outta him.

by Anonymousreply 573March 6, 2018 9:13 PM

^ I Hope so too. That really is terrible. They lost their child who died in a horrific way and then they watched her killer walk free.

What I want to say but can't is that I wish law enforcement and judges who don't give a shit about victims and seem more concerned about the criminals' rights would just die and rot in hell. We would be so much better off without them.

by Anonymousreply 574March 7, 2018 2:01 AM

I hope the drunk driver that r573 describes gets a very long lingering case of wretchedly painful rectal cancer.

by Anonymousreply 575March 7, 2018 3:23 AM

I was almost killed by a drunk driver while riding my bicycle as a young teen. Have had back problems ever since. Sometimes I want to try and find the man who hit me, and go punch him in the face.

by Anonymousreply 576March 7, 2018 1:44 PM

I'm jealous of guys who were not circumcised at birth. What you do with your own penis is your business, but I was not given a choice.

I'm trying to restore my foreskin using a tugging device, and it's going well, but it's not the same as having the original. I just think uncut cocks look nicer (I realize that puts me in the minority on DL). Interestingly, my uncut partner doesn't care one way or the other, but I love playing with his foreskin and wish I had one of my own. I don't obsess about it, and I don't blame my parents, I just wish they hadn't done it.

When I see a young, uncut guy in the men's room or the gym, I think he is so lucky

by Anonymousreply 577March 7, 2018 5:29 PM

You make time for things that matter in your life, no matter how "busy" you are. I asked you for a few hours - too busy. But you found time to leave for 3 days to a winery out of town. Suddenly, I think I may be "too busy" next time you want to hang out. I'm worth more than this. You don't see it yet, but you will soon.

by Anonymousreply 578March 8, 2018 3:18 PM

I despise most religious people and would be happy if they all dropped dead. And I am not just talking about fundie Christians. All of them. Christians. Muslims. Jews. Even Buddhists and Hindus, who usually get a pass, are almost as evil. Their entire belief system revolves around thinking that suffering is good, and thus justifies the abject poverty people in those countries endure.

I make Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins look moderate. If you are under 50, or even 60 and have even an average IQ...there is no reason to believe all that anti-science, homophobic, misogynist, backwards nonsense. You are holding back humanity from actual progress. Just fucking die.

Whew. I feel better now.

by Anonymousreply 579March 9, 2018 11:27 AM

On the same topic...I think Ghandi and Mother Theresa were evil cunts. Both of them pushed the whole "suffering is good" bullshit. And it pisses me off that they are so revered.

by Anonymousreply 580March 9, 2018 11:44 AM

It's been two weeks. Get your head out of your ass already.

by Anonymousreply 581March 16, 2018 3:35 PM

At this point, I think I'm still here because of my pets. My birthday was this past weekend, and I had given a lot of thought into not living to see it. No one would understand that if I said it to them. I feel like a complete failure, and who needs to be around someone like that.

by Anonymousreply 582March 19, 2018 8:38 PM

I can't understand the mentality that causes these bombings and school shootings. Why hurt random people like that? What made you this way?

by Anonymousreply 583March 20, 2018 2:11 PM

Sorry to hear that, R582. Tell someone anyway.

by Anonymousreply 584March 20, 2018 2:28 PM

Thanks R584 - I keep waiting for it to lift, but the fog has been there a few days. I told a friend that I wouldn't be good company for dinner tonight. The truth is that I don't have the energy to put on a brave face for an hour with her. I don't think she could handle me like this. Normally, I'll go and tell stories and make her laugh; she needs "easy" and that just isn't me right now.

I just need a shoulder to lean on for a little while.

by Anonymousreply 585March 20, 2018 4:45 PM

Just because we don't talk about it, doesn't make my depression disappear. I wish I could just fucking talk to you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586March 20, 2018 11:34 PM

You might be surprised, R585, what friends can handle. We fall into easy surface patterns with people, but if you want it to change, you may have to be the one who says "You know, I hate to lay this on you, but I'm really struggling."

by Anonymousreply 587March 20, 2018 11:46 PM

I tried some R587 - it seemed to scare her because she's scared of saying/doing the wrong thing and "fucking it up" in her words.

I very politely declined a dinner invitation for tonight because I've been in a really dark place and didn't want to put that on her - she was ALL excited about celebrating my birthday! - not knowing I wanted to off myself the day before -- and I'm worried she's upset with me. I shouldn't GAF, but I do.

by Anonymousreply 588March 21, 2018 12:07 AM

R588, you live in a time where we know more about depression and the available information on how to handle it is just the Google search box away. Use it.

by Anonymousreply 589March 21, 2018 12:20 AM

I thought this almost finished thread was a place to vent w/o reprisal R589 ? And why can't I see the post at R588 anymore?

by Anonymousreply 590March 21, 2018 12:36 AM

I'm judging every fucking one of you. It's what I want to say and fuck you if you can't deal with my withering disdain of you all.

Remember no reprisal!

Wasn't Pauline Kael pulled out of her car alive under that collapsed bridge in Florida?

by Anonymousreply 591March 21, 2018 12:55 AM

Just saw the trailer for Chappaquiddick, and can't believe they turned it into a movie.

by Anonymousreply 592March 21, 2018 1:00 AM

R590, it wasn't meant as a "reprisal" to point out that resources for handling depression are a click away. What I'll say to you, that is a rebuke, is I didn't hear you chiming in to help, just carp.

by Anonymousreply 593March 21, 2018 1:12 AM

Thanks R587 - sent her a message.

FB messenger is glitchy.

by Anonymousreply 594March 21, 2018 1:16 AM

@ #17 Now, i might be ancient, but before social media, we humans used to say our peace, even if it was just venting anger, to these things called "FRIENDS". "FRIENDS" were human people with whom we used to spend time with, to update them on our lives, that brother/sister who wronged us or bought us a great b-day gift (and actually used their HANDS to give to us) and we didn't whine when someone was pissed off and vented, and would only tell someone to "hire someone who cares" if we secretly hated them. Usually we'd just suggest it using "words" which we spoke to them in person. If we liked the person, we'd do this thing called "listen" and friends who offered "solutions' did so kindly, without diminishing the pain or experience of the person, but MOSTLY we KNEW that they just needed human interaction and we were ok providing an ear without telling them "what their problem really was" or "go see a therapist, you nutcase". Because we weren't shitbirds. The people who DIDN'T do that for their friends were called "fair weather friend" and treated like the a-hole dirt they are. I KNOW: THE WHOLE THING SOUNDS LIKE A CRAZY WORLD. :-/

by Anonymousreply 595March 21, 2018 1:16 AM

Anytime there is a "free" nationwide promotion, people act like they've never had anything given to them before in their lives! First day of Spring - Dairy Queen has a free cone. I'm not even driving down their street - that place will be overflowing with families. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 596March 21, 2018 1:34 AM

Reading over at the twitter (I know!) and fell into a rabbit hole regarding transwomen vs lesbians. Interesting to read the lesbians discussion, but I swear that the other side was all from CIS men, or these teen Tumblr posters. Most of them haven't had their first job yet, have hormones coming out of their ears, and are in love with RuPaul's Drag Race. I want to yell at them to get off their screens already.

by Anonymousreply 597March 22, 2018 4:43 PM

some of you bitches are so funny

by Anonymousreply 598March 23, 2018 6:16 AM

Raisins are disgusting, and shouldn't be allowed in cookies.

Fight me bitches!

by Anonymousreply 599March 25, 2018 6:41 PM

I really like when a thread hits 600.

by Anonymousreply 600March 25, 2018 6:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!