Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

THE UNDOING OF LENS DUNHAM.

That wig is everything!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 18, 2018 4:23 AM

She was caught in another lie. I think she lies a lot. I think the pebbles were a lie, the vet place thing was a lie, the stewardess trans comment was a lie, and some other stuff...

But where is she in this group photo? I don't see her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2018 5:47 PM

What lie was she caught in? She said she came to the party with a friend who invited her.

For someone raised on social media she does seem pretty naive. It's sad that she's pissed off third wave feminists and the alt right, but with her connections and successful show I'm sure she will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2018 5:51 PM

r1, far right middle row. Sunglasses on head.

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2018 6:16 PM

Third-wavers are the leftist equivalent of the alt-right.

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2018 6:25 PM

Thanks, R3. Didn't recognize her.

Third wavers/"intersectionalists", R4

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2018 6:27 PM

The Cher wig is indeed hilarious.

"My daddy married a pure Cher-o-kee..."

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2018 6:37 PM

No, the fall began when she revealed that she molested her sister for years in her book. Yet she got a pass for it. and still gets a pass judging by this article. If it had been a man who wrote what she said, his career would have been finished at that moment.

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2018 6:45 PM

She's going to tragically fall off the map now that GIRLS is over and her boyfriend dumped her for Lorde.

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2018 6:52 PM

She also lied about a conservative named Barry raping her in college, she described the guy very detailed, yet he proved he was never near her, she took a couple months to finally clear his name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2018 6:53 PM

I think the media is slowly stepping back from her. Her peers don’t know how to deal with her. Because she lies so much she has no credibility. More importantly, she no longer has a TV product.

I don’t think she’s mad or unbalanced. I think she’s just utterly spoilt and entitled. She tells lies to her herself in the news and will throw tantrums if anyone catches her out.

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2018 6:56 PM

How is she going to market herself now?

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2018 6:56 PM

I can't wait until we don't know her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2018 6:58 PM

Lens?

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2018 7:00 PM

Yes, Lens.

She is a monster who lives for the media and money. I think she will attach herself to something "intersectionalist."

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2018 7:03 PM

Suicide watch!

....cunt

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2018 7:08 PM

All would be forgiven if she were pretty!

Lens forgot this important rule.

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2018 7:10 PM

R16, that's sad, but true. Her unabashed plainness is her only charming/redeeming feature.

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2018 7:13 PM

Lens is starting to look like a plumpish Laurie Metcalf.

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2018 7:13 PM

Except Laurie Metcalf is a much better actress.

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2018 7:17 PM

r13 = newbie

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2018 7:20 PM

It looks like she hates to exercise and she hates to tap.

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2018 9:05 PM

ha r21!

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2018 9:11 PM

How does she manage to look annoying in every photo?! I don’t know about her demise. They love her on Instagram. Or, as she puts it, “‘Gram.”

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2018 9:27 PM

This is karmic retribution for returning her rescue dog when she tired of it after a couple years, such a twat move.

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2018 9:36 PM

Damaged person with no credibility left.

She’s crazy unattractive too. Perfect fodder for the right. They both fell for it.

by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2018 10:03 PM

As a lesbian I'm so happy that she's straight. People already think we're mental, she'd ruin our rep for good.

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2018 10:08 PM

She has to be hating it that her former colleagues like Adam Driver and even Allison Williams are out there doing interesting things and getting attention while she is buried in petty Twitter wars over stupid stuff that may/may not have happened.

by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2018 10:42 PM

[quote]she is buried in petty Twitter wars over stupid stuff that may/may not have happened.

I'm not sure what you're doubting but the all of incidents mentioned in the article at the OP happened.

by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2018 10:47 PM

[quote]she is buried in petty Twitter wars over stupid stuff that may/may not have happened.

She [italic]lives[/italic] for the negative attention though. I'm sure it's much more intense now that she is famous and white female liberals are being demonized for being white, female and liberal, but not poor (or whatever the issue is), but being provocative is part of her shtick.

by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2018 11:06 PM

Lena light-heartedly mocked a Muslim girl wearing a hijab and she apologized. No consequences. She slyly and falsely accused a young man from college of raping her. She walked back her accusation and her publisher required that future editions of her book be corrected. No legal or professional consequences for Lena. In that book, she glibly admits to molesting her sister. No legal or professional consequences for Lena. And on and on. I have never seen someone in the public eye catered to like Lena. The most privileged lump ever.

by Anonymousreply 30January 15, 2018 12:03 AM

fun fact is that i think she never looked as good as in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 31January 15, 2018 12:11 AM

She looks like a dumpcake no matter what she does with her hair.

by Anonymousreply 32January 15, 2018 12:15 AM

We were wondering about the wig as well ..................

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 15, 2018 12:21 AM

Wow, she is getting old looking quickly. Her eyes look dead.

by Anonymousreply 34January 15, 2018 1:15 AM

Her real and biggest mistake was trying to take down Aurora Perrineau a Black to prorect one of her asshole straight white male writers. Catastrophically very, very stupid. She may never recover. It was a major miscalculation and seemed racist and horrible. And she did major damage to Jenni Konner’s career as well.

She needs to go away for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 35January 15, 2018 1:59 AM

She needs to go away for good.

by Anonymousreply 36January 15, 2018 3:41 AM

She is looking very middle aged fat frau. And they are never interesting or edgy.

by Anonymousreply 37January 15, 2018 3:55 AM

[quote]I think she will attach herself to something "intersectionalist."

So you didn’t read OP’s article. I assume few did. That article made Lens into a symbol of “white feminism,” which is portrayed as the antithesis of intersectional feminism.

The author, a black woman, says white feminists just want to work on their own issues rather than the issues of PoC. She clearly relished the downfall of Lens for this reason. I guess the argument is, “selfish white woman, stopping paying attention to your own issues, and pay attention to mine instead.”

by Anonymousreply 38January 15, 2018 4:14 AM

She's seemed to age 5 years in the past few months, the shape of her face is different.

She looks nice in these photos from April, maybe because she wasn't dressing herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 15, 2018 4:27 AM

Yes r39, yet another Lens written scene in which an attractive dude is, for some reason, mesmerized by her beauty on the streets. JFC.

by Anonymousreply 40January 15, 2018 4:29 AM

I have never seen such unmitigated narcissism and complete non-self awareness as Lens coupling herself with all these hot guys onscreen since I saw a movie that starred Kate Capshaw (and which she also produced) where she cast Blythe Danner to play her mother. They're 10 years apart in age but look five years apart in age.

by Anonymousreply 41January 15, 2018 4:50 PM

"No, the fall began when she revealed that she molested her sister for years in her book. Yet she got a pass for it. and still gets a pass judging by this article. "

If she got a pass, then how can it be the beginning of the fall? It's got to be something else, or probably it's just a series of things together. And, I'm not sure about the scope of the "fall." What does it entail? She'll never be able to work again?

by Anonymousreply 42January 15, 2018 4:55 PM

She'll get a movie financed. And then film critics will 'fawn' over it and she'll continue to haunt our very existence

by Anonymousreply 43January 15, 2018 4:56 PM

As much as I dislike her, I have to admit that even Lens is capable of looking cute and presentable, just like every other woman under the age of 40 who isn't severely deformed. The in-your face unattractiveness is a major part of her schtick and her appeal to her fanbase.

If she actually made an effort towards her appearance, she could be cute in a very quirky hipster way that is very "in" with her generation. She has delicate facial features and bones (traits that many other fug women lack) and if she lost weight and wore some eye-accentuating makeup, she would look downright pixie-like. Instead she chooses to accentuate her plainness as much as possible.

She probably knows that if she made herself over (lost weight, fixed her teeth, actually dressed well for her body type), her fanbase, whatever size it may be, would consider her a sellout "conforming to society's expectations of women" and subsequently jump ship.

by Anonymousreply 44January 15, 2018 5:15 PM

[quote]She'll get a movie financed. And then film critics will 'fawn' over it and she'll continue to haunt our very existence

Nah, the zeitgeist has moved on to Greta Gerwig as the new white girl arbiter of millennial self-obsession. Plus Gerwig is more conventionally attractive and better plays the game. Lena’s a wannabe provocateur, and those types never have much of a shelf life.

by Anonymousreply 45January 15, 2018 5:27 PM

Did Greta Gerwig molest her sister?

by Anonymousreply 46January 15, 2018 7:04 PM

No, Greta Gerwig has rocks in her own head.

by Anonymousreply 47January 15, 2018 7:16 PM

Lena is producing a tv movie and something and was signed up to write the probably ill fated Toni Erdmann remake. She's been attached to half a dozen projects for HBO since Girls started and almost none have come out. She's gotten too complacent with being a minor celeb and has likely killed the small amount of promise she had as a director.

by Anonymousreply 48January 15, 2018 7:54 PM

Next to Elizabeth Moss, one of the most unphotogenic and homeliest actresses on television. They make Linda Hunt look like a supermodel.

by Anonymousreply 49January 15, 2018 8:01 PM

For R13: Lens as in 'best viewed through a vaseline-coated lens.' You're welcome.

Lens is this generation's Roseanne Barr. Hugely successful show but always on the outside of the Hollywood A-list (RB: "Hollywood doesn't like fat people."). Prone to making outrageous statements then retracting them. Polarizing.

by Anonymousreply 50January 15, 2018 9:02 PM

[quote]Did Greta Gerwig molest her sister?

Gerwig is a home wrecker.

by Anonymousreply 51January 17, 2018 2:53 AM

"Third-wavers are the leftist equivalent of the alt-right."

Another false equivalency brought to you by Breitshart.®

by Anonymousreply 52January 17, 2018 3:25 AM

Please elaborate, R51!

by Anonymousreply 53January 17, 2018 3:40 AM

r53 She fucked Jennifer Jason Leigh's dude while JJL was pregnant with his kid.

by Anonymousreply 54January 17, 2018 3:43 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 17, 2018 5:15 AM

She is the quintessence of schlub.

by Anonymousreply 56January 17, 2018 6:14 AM

[quote]Nah, the zeitgeist has moved on to Greta Gerwig as the new white girl arbiter of millennial self-obsession. Plus Gerwig is more conventionally attractive and better plays the game. Lena’s a wannabe provocateur, and those types never have much of a shelf life.

I agree, Gerwig plays the game better and doesn't shoot her mouth off all the time like Lens does. I'll admit I have actually liked Gerwig in a few movies that includes her as Tucky in Jackie.

by Anonymousreply 57January 17, 2018 1:00 PM

Lena Dunham is going to need to rehabilitate her image very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 58January 17, 2018 1:07 PM

The undoing of literacy. Who's LENS Dunham?

by Anonymousreply 59January 17, 2018 1:45 PM

What's the story about taking her dog to the pound?

by Anonymousreply 60January 17, 2018 2:05 PM

So when are we gonna se a #TimesUp in support for the hundreds of exploited,raped, abused and traumatized child actors and the rampant pedophilia that EVERYBODY in Hollywood knows about but won't lift a FUCKING finger to stop.

Let's face it, they all know it would be the END of Hollywood and thus their careers so they keep their

fucking. traps.

SHUT!

by Anonymousreply 61January 17, 2018 2:07 PM

Lena Dumbass or this Greta person.......how the FUCK do you tell them apart?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 17, 2018 2:11 PM

WTF is "Tiny Furniture" doing in the Criterion Collection?

by Anonymousreply 63January 17, 2018 2:12 PM

I agree, r63. Criterion makes very odd choices sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 64January 17, 2018 2:37 PM

r41, see Sarah Jessica Parker, Sex and the City.

by Anonymousreply 65January 17, 2018 2:43 PM

[quote]What's the story about taking her dog to the pound?

I think the story goes that Lens got her dog from a shelter and had him for about 2 years, took him with her everywhere and seemed happy with him. Then suddenly she gave him back either to the original shelter or to another one, not the pound though. But the point is, she didn't want the dog anymore.

She said it was because he was aggressive and that extensive training hadn't stopped him from biting people including her, so she could not live with him anymore and it's with a heavy heart... and so on. Since she shared it all on social media, it caused a big uproar including from the shelter she had originally adopted him from.

She ended up getting two other dogs, possibly from breeders, but I don't recall. People were pissed. Lens got the negative attention she craves and on it goes.

by Anonymousreply 66January 17, 2018 2:47 PM

[quote]Lena is producing a tv movie and something and was signed up to write the probably ill fated Toni Erdmann remake.

Oh God, I hope this falls by a wayside. She would absolutely ruin that beautiful movie, she lacks the finesse and heart to pull it off.

The returning of her shelter dog when she was done with it is beyond the pale. You know you're a piece of work when an animal shelter has to make a public statement calling you a liar.

by Anonymousreply 67January 17, 2018 2:48 PM

R66: She had the dog for FOUR year before she changed her mind and brought him back to the shelter.

Here's an article where the shelter basically says she made up the dog's "history of abuse" and in all likelihood completely fabricated stories of his aggression.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 17, 2018 2:51 PM

[quote]yet another Lens written scene in which an attractive dude is, for some reason, mesmerized by her beauty on the streets.

* r e t c h *

by Anonymousreply 69January 17, 2018 2:57 PM

Hey! That’s a very plausible and effective device.

by Anonymousreply 70January 17, 2018 3:01 PM

Criterion has some deal with IFC which explains the more questionable new releases movies they include, that and an embarrassingly low number of movies directed by women.

by Anonymousreply 71January 17, 2018 4:18 PM

[quote]an embarrassingly low number of movies directed by women

If the genders are equal, why does the gender of a director matter in the enjoyment of a film?

by Anonymousreply 72January 17, 2018 4:21 PM

I'm no fan of Lens, but this dog BS has to stop. Nobody with a sane mind gives a shit about her dog.

by Anonymousreply 73January 17, 2018 4:59 PM

She thoroughly revolting and talentless and it's hilarious that she's now the target of racist, shit-for-brains "intersectionalist' feminists whose prevailing ideology is that they hate white women. I'll bet fatass didn't see that coming. Lens and her feminist critics deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 74January 17, 2018 5:14 PM

It's very telling that she didn't come into the public eye through her stand-up or writing or acting abilities. She was a darling of the cultural elite groomed from an early age to play the "genius" (i.e., reinforce the elite's biases about the sins of of great unwashed who don't live within the confines of Manhattan). She was selected as opposed to earning her way. She would never have made it solely on her own merits. That's why she has little support at this particular juncture. I hope she becomes an artifact of the recent past, never to be heard from again. She's truly inane and pathological.

by Anonymousreply 75January 17, 2018 5:37 PM

At this point Lena is to the female sex's Struggle for Justice what MC Hammer was to black people's Struggle for Justice in 1994 - a rejected relic who sold out the cause for her own advancement.

by Anonymousreply 76January 17, 2018 5:39 PM

She's 33!? Jesus, I'm 38 and a drunk and I am less saggy and baggy than her.

Look at her face. That's bad breeding, that is.

by Anonymousreply 77January 17, 2018 5:48 PM

[R77} LOL!!!

by Anonymousreply 78January 17, 2018 6:39 PM

[quote]She has delicate facial features and bones

No, she doesn't. She looks like a slobby, cross-eyed, snaggle-toothed, sausage-nosed Eastern Bloc yenta who smells of congealed schmaltz and garlic.

by Anonymousreply 79January 17, 2018 6:40 PM

[quote]She was a darling of the cultural elite groomed from an early age to play the "genius" (i.e., reinforce the elite's biases about the sins of of great unwashed who don't live within the confines of Manhattan). She was selected as opposed to earning her way.

I read an article at about Season 2 of GIRLS which stated that Lena Dunham had more mentions in the New York Times than Kate Winslet had in her entire career.

by Anonymousreply 80January 17, 2018 6:41 PM

I misread this thread as The UDDERING of Lens Dunham.

by Anonymousreply 81January 17, 2018 6:42 PM

[R80] That makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 82January 17, 2018 6:51 PM

In the normal calculus of the relationship between a performer and his/her audience, said performer (whether they be a actor, singer, comedian or some variation) furnishes the audience with emotions or thrills. Meaning they make you laugh, make you cry, delight you, entertain you, seduce you, enlighten you, etc.. All this ignorant fatass does is talk about herself, show off her ugly body and talk about the ways she's "oppressed", a claim that's patently and grotesquely absurd. She offers nothing to anyone, she's a black hole of narcissism and her lack of charm and generosity are almost shocking.

by Anonymousreply 83January 17, 2018 6:57 PM

R40 Woody does it , why shouldn't she?

by Anonymousreply 84January 17, 2018 7:23 PM

But he's funny, r84..

by Anonymousreply 85January 17, 2018 11:24 PM

r77 She's only 31!

by Anonymousreply 86January 17, 2018 11:41 PM

[quote] [R41], see Sarah Jessica Parker, Sex and the City.

At least SJP had a banging body and great tits. Lena looks like the excess skin they slice off of the fatties on My 600 lb Life.

by Anonymousreply 87January 18, 2018 4:17 AM

how did this fug bitch ever get her own show????

the concept of any decent man wanting to fuk her on that show alwys seemed preposterous...

tho i apprecciated adam drives cock and ass and tits ALWAYS!

by Anonymousreply 88January 18, 2018 4:22 AM

It darn sure wasnt for her cock ass or tits we watched the show.

by Anonymousreply 89January 18, 2018 4:22 AM

I think Lens will meet some kind of tragic end. I could see a scenario where her big mouth really pisses off the wrong person and she gets killed or she goes crazy once her career ends and commits suicide.

by Anonymousreply 90January 18, 2018 4:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!