Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chelsea Manning is running for the Senate!

I wish I lived in Maryland so I could vote for her, a genuine American hero.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533January 28, 2018 3:41 AM

Dude looked better as a guy.

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2018 6:28 PM

Is she still a penised person?

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2018 6:31 PM

Such a handsome gal

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2018 6:34 PM

She should start off lower on the rung at a state or local office.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2018 6:36 PM

That pic looks like a cute guy.

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2018 6:44 PM

R3 I don't think she's particularly attractive but that *is* a very flattering shot of her in the OP's photo. It's the sunglasses, I think. And the hair's very nice as well. Would make for a nice-looking dude.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2018 6:45 PM

[quote]Would make for a nice-looking dude.

Do I tell him or does someone else want to?

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2018 6:46 PM

More tranny hubris. What qualifies him for elected office?

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2018 6:48 PM

He's not even trying to look like a woman.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2018 6:56 PM

Please tell me R6 is being sarcastic...

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2018 6:59 PM

Why are there so many transphobes on the DL? Chelsea deserves nothing but praise and love. She risked everything to tell us the truth.

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2018 7:00 PM

She's not an American hero. She's an ignorant traitor who doesn't deserve the platform she's been given.

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2018 7:08 PM

R12, She revealed to the world that the American government was lying to its citizens. That's sounds like hero stuff to me.

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2018 7:12 PM

[quote]Why are there so many transphobes on the DL?

Do you mean on Datalounge or "on the DL"?

There are many transphobes on DL. We have a lot of awful people here. For instance, many Trump supporters.

But there are also many gay men who are sick of being told what they can say, be, think and call themselves by bossy transgender activists. They are not transphobic; they are pushing back.

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2018 7:12 PM

[quote]But there are also many gay men who are sick of being told what they can say, be, think and call themselves by bossy transgender activists. They are not transphobic; they are pushing back.

Calling Chelsea "he," as numerous posters have done, is not pushing back. It is transphobic cruelty.

(And pushing back against what, exactly? Pushing back against compassion? Pushing back against understanding?)

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2018 7:15 PM

You cannot change sex, so calling Chelsea "he" is appropriate...

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2018 7:21 PM

The only one crying transphobia is you OP

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2018 7:22 PM

[quote]Calling Chelsea "he," as numerous posters have done, is not pushing back. It is transphobic cruelty.

Welcome to learning to read English! Good luck with it. I'm sure it will get easier after your first month!

I wrote English words conceding that there ARE transphobic people here. So you're arguing with me that there ARE transphobic people here? OK...

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2018 7:22 PM

[quote]Dude looked better as a guy.

Based on OP's photo, he still is a guy.

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2018 7:25 PM

I don't understand what you're trying to get at Babe, but okay. Say hi to your husband Bill for me. Ask him to donate money to Chelsea's campaign.

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2018 7:25 PM

[quote](And pushing back against what, exactly? Pushing back against compassion? Pushing back against understanding?)

Obviously, no. I fully support transgender rights. So when I say "pushing back " against transgender activists, it is not about pushing back against their rights. It is pushing back against bossy people telling me how I must conform my own identity to be all about their own. For example:

Being told that I have to call myself "cisgender" because my identity is, basically, that I am not transgender. People who identify as transgender have a word for that: transgender. They can change that word, as they desire. They don't get the right to dictate the word everyone else uses to identify themselves.

Being told that I can't talk about Gay or Lesbian issues anymore because that isn't including all transgender people.

Being told that I have to call myself "queer" because that includes transgender people. Again, my identity must conform to their own.

Being told that I shouldn't talk about having a penis/vagina because that makes some transgender people uncomfortable.

Being told that I have to have sex with any transgender person who demands it or I am transphobic.

Being told that all rallies/events/causes should include at least 50% transgender representation to atone for me not being transgender.

by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2018 7:37 PM

I don’t even believe he is a real tranny. Just a really screwed up gay guy who was looking for an out. He deserved what he got. He leaked documents while he was enlisted. What a dumbass!

Oh, why is it we never see straight guys sinking this low? They just do the time and we never hear from them again. Us queens always have to be special.

by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2018 7:38 PM

r13 what precisely did she reveal?

by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2018 7:39 PM

R15 = Bleeding-heart Snowflake.

This mentally-confused male/female with 3 names could not cope in the real world with speakers like this—

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2018 7:49 PM

Oh wow this nobody is running for senate, this pretty much convinces me that trans have mental issues.

by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2018 7:49 PM

[quote]Oh wow this nobody is running for senate, this pretty much convinces me that trans have mental issues.

She is not a nobody. Manning is very famous. But has no experience.

But, then again, Jill Stein, Oprah Winfrey, and Donald Trump all think being POTUS is entry level.

by Anonymousreply 26January 13, 2018 7:54 PM

He is a traitor, running for Senate...for the Democratic Party? To ensure the reelection of Trump?

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2018 7:54 PM

That’s a man, man

by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2018 7:56 PM

According to the article, Maryland already has a Democrat senator, Ben Cardin, who is a two-term incumbent and highly favored to win, so Chelsea would have to win in the primary first... I agree with R4.

by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2018 7:56 PM

[quote]To ensure the reelection of Trump?

Hard to be re-elected when under house arrest.

by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2018 7:57 PM

Oh good... another criminal running for office

by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2018 7:57 PM

Sending heaing vibes your way, R15. That burn from R21 must sting 😬😬😬

by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2018 8:02 PM

How about the house of reps first? All this is gonna do is divide Maryland dems. It’s so unnecessary.

I don’t totally trust the types who went running to Wikileaks. I did at first, but it seems they often side with Russia over the US so who knows if her running is just another russian backed stunt.

by Anonymousreply 33January 13, 2018 8:06 PM

Can federal felons run for Senate?

by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2018 8:09 PM

r33 No ones getting divided of this, he has no support. Cardin will walk to another term.

by Anonymousreply 35January 13, 2018 8:10 PM

I just don’t get the least bit pressed about trans people. They don’t bother me or tell me what to do. There’s not that many of them anyway, statistically speaking.

But some people get so pressed by them they go bizerk and begin to have spasms and full blown seizures. They run to they nearest internet portal and post all kinds of wild claims about them.

I guess I’m immune.

by Anonymousreply 36January 13, 2018 8:10 PM

We should do everything we can to help Manning win the primary.

by Anonymousreply 37January 13, 2018 8:12 PM

[quote]they go bizerk

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 38January 13, 2018 8:14 PM

Yeah, I’m going with russian stunt here. That’s probably where she got the cash.

by Anonymousreply 39January 13, 2018 8:15 PM

[quote]We should do everything we can to help Manning win the primary.

No, I don't support sexist homophobes and traitors.

by Anonymousreply 40January 13, 2018 8:15 PM

It is a mental delusion to think you can change sex.

by Anonymousreply 41January 13, 2018 8:16 PM

I'd vote for her. She has more bravery and integrity in her little finger than all the catty whiners posting on this thread combined. Hypocritical bigots!

by Anonymousreply 42January 13, 2018 8:17 PM

Shades of Jill Stein type operation.

by Anonymousreply 43January 13, 2018 8:18 PM

His shoulders look too broad to be female.

Does his dick get hard when he puts on a dress?

by Anonymousreply 44January 13, 2018 8:18 PM

Not really, R32, I don't feel any burn at all. I'm just wondering why R21 feels so threatened by a very vulnerable population. All his post did was encourage me to reach out to the trans people in my life and tell them I love them—it's important to do when there's so much ugliness aimed at them, even by those who should be their friends and allies, because we gays too know the pain of ostracization.

by Anonymousreply 45January 13, 2018 8:19 PM

r36 I think they are talking about the freaks on the Internet who use bullying tactics and shout down anyone with differing viewpoints with claims of "transphobia" and wish death on them. They're mental cases. And they are the primary examples of trans that many people will encounter.

by Anonymousreply 46January 13, 2018 8:20 PM

r45 The trans movement is essentially an ex-gay movement. I cannot support something like that.

by Anonymousreply 47January 13, 2018 8:20 PM

Thank you, R45. I’m right there with you.

by Anonymousreply 48January 13, 2018 8:21 PM

R45 is right

by Anonymousreply 49January 13, 2018 8:22 PM

Oh, the irony of watching people who screech about Russian collision with Dump turn around and cheer this senate bid...

by Anonymousreply 50January 13, 2018 8:22 PM

Yeah R45 the trans movement is not always so benign. There is a lot of erasure of gay men and lesbians.

And comments like "Being gay is just a consolation prize for not being brave enough to be trans."

The only place it is safe to respond to such ridiculous comments is on an anonymous message board.

by Anonymousreply 51January 13, 2018 8:23 PM

Actually, r45, the Ts are a very threatening population...Donna Perry, Dana Rivers, Julianne Fialowski, Cherno Biko....

The list goes on and on and on ....

Males are more violent than females. That’s why “transwomen” (aka autogynphiles) don’t want to use the men’s room or stay in men’s prisons. Because men are so dangerous.

Yet any doctor will tell you that it’s impossible to change sex. So transwomen/autogynphiles are men. And since we all know men are dangerous, autogynphiles should not be in women’s spaces.

by Anonymousreply 52January 13, 2018 8:26 PM

They are cheerleaders for the homophobic, sexist crime of "transkids." I do not support this as I do not support child abuse, homophobia, sexism and anti-science.

by Anonymousreply 53January 13, 2018 8:26 PM

Chelsea really is an attention seeker. Shouldn’t she just try to quietly get on with her life for a while for the sake of her mental health ? Not that long ago in prison she was attempting suicide.

by Anonymousreply 54January 13, 2018 8:27 PM

r54 she's self-righteous and propped up by a herd of admirers online. And she's not that bright.

by Anonymousreply 55January 13, 2018 8:30 PM

T is all about attention-seeking. Look, I am in a dress! It is exhibitionism and narcissist personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 56January 13, 2018 8:30 PM

R45 The Cotton Ceiling nonsense is very anti-Lesbian.

Lesbians have a right to say, "Look, I'm all for you having all the same rights everyone has, but that includes me being able to say, "No, I do not want to get naked with you and have sex."

by Anonymousreply 57January 13, 2018 8:33 PM

Be sure to bake some transy gingerbread cookies for your Cry Cis Men T Ally healing circle r45. It will be transtastic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 13, 2018 8:37 PM

Don't forget this gem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 13, 2018 8:41 PM

r59 And people wonder why were against these freaks

by Anonymousreply 60January 13, 2018 8:43 PM

Canada let the person quoted at R59 lecture with similar insanity in its national newspaper.

by Anonymousreply 61January 13, 2018 8:46 PM

She has a documentary coming out about her time in prison. The thing that sucks is that I do believe she was abused in there, but she's going to milk it for personal attention rather than prison reform.

by Anonymousreply 62January 13, 2018 8:48 PM

r62 Very few American give a fuck if someone was abused in prison

by Anonymousreply 63January 13, 2018 8:49 PM

Isn't everyone treated badly in prison?

by Anonymousreply 64January 13, 2018 8:52 PM

r63 I give a fuck, and everyone else should, too. Prisons shouldn't be all about punishment, they should be rehabilitation centers as well, and when they're a for-profit industry, it is designed to keep them in as long as possible.

r64 I'm not talking about punishment of being in prison and having your rights stripped from you. I'm talking about actual abuse, physical, mental, torture, that was reported while she was in there. That's not rehabilitative, or punishment, it does no good to anyone except the sadistic guards who get off on it and the industry that makes money from it.

by Anonymousreply 65January 13, 2018 8:53 PM

I care if people are abused in prison.

by Anonymousreply 66January 13, 2018 8:57 PM

This quote is ridiculous:

Manning’s first column for The Guardian said Obama’s election in 2008 was a political awakening for her. Manning wrote Obama left behind “hints of a progressive legacy,” but very few permanent accomplisments.

“This vulnerable legacy should remind us that what we really need is a strong and unapologetic progressive to lead us,” Manning wrote. “What we need as well is a relentless grassroots movement to hold that leadership accountable.”

She blames the entire thing on Obama - the reason it's vulnerable is because he got healthcare reform passed and then lost Congress, and never got it back, and the Republicans pulled out every dirty trick in the book to hamstring his agenda, including shutting down the government once. It's ridiculous that she's focused on bashing Obama over the Republicans, AND that she's running against a Democrat, so I think we can all see she's being pushed to run there by outside forces who want to influence the election in some way. She's not going after a vulnerable Republican, she's going after a Democrat. She is a spoiler candidate.

If she was interested in making actual change she'd run for smaller elections and get some experience before jumping straight to Senate, so there's no way she can expect to win (although I'm sure her handlers have been telling her that, and she's stupid enough to believe it).

by Anonymousreply 67January 13, 2018 9:00 PM

r65 I think he deserved it for being Putins butt boy.

by Anonymousreply 68January 13, 2018 9:01 PM

POS traitor should still be in prison. And WTF are felons allowed to run for office? Are they even allowed to vote?

by Anonymousreply 69January 13, 2018 9:01 PM

r68 we don't torture people in the United States, r68, at least we aren't supposed to. There's a lot of reasons for that.

by Anonymousreply 70January 13, 2018 9:03 PM

Chelsea is a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 71January 13, 2018 9:04 PM

She's gay, or used to be, now she's straight, sort of (?)

by Anonymousreply 72January 13, 2018 9:06 PM

A man can't be a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 73January 13, 2018 9:08 PM

Dick Cinnamon is a man and a lesbian

by Anonymousreply 74January 13, 2018 9:41 PM

I do not care about the status of her penis. What I do care about is a primary challenge to an incumbent for no reason. At least Caitlin cut off her balls ans became a Republican. What's this about?

by Anonymousreply 75January 13, 2018 10:12 PM

Attention-seeking ego and a media and internet that will supply it

by Anonymousreply 76January 13, 2018 10:21 PM

Gee voting the mentally ill in for public office is so chic now.

by Anonymousreply 77January 13, 2018 10:24 PM

Man Up! Vote Chelsea!

by Anonymousreply 78January 13, 2018 10:28 PM

A traitor? She is the only reason we have proof the US was attacking unarmed civilians. This is not someone calling people TERFs or crying about bathrooms.

by Anonymousreply 79January 13, 2018 10:33 PM

He talks about bathrooms and says you are "transphobic" if you mention chromosomes.

by Anonymousreply 80January 13, 2018 10:47 PM

r79 she's a traitor, yes, and please name the proof? She stole diplomatic cables and gave them to a Russian propaganda outlet. Some secrecy is necessary for government to function, especially in diplomacy. Some of the information in the cables helped to set off the Arab spring, which resulted in a lot of chaos and deaths, and the countries are not better off now.

And she's running against an incumbent Democrat, not a Republican. She is Jill Steining this. I'd love to know who's funding this/has convinced her this is what she needs to do and where she needs to run.

by Anonymousreply 81January 13, 2018 10:51 PM

If he suddenly has tons of dark money propping up his campaign we'll know what's going on

by Anonymousreply 82January 13, 2018 10:53 PM

Most of the money she gets will be from outside the state, guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 83January 13, 2018 10:53 PM

Bigski Burgovitch

by Anonymousreply 84January 13, 2018 11:18 PM

Hillary is funding this transvestite because Hillary was so honoured that the pre-transvestite chose Hillary's daughter's name.

The pre-transvestite was intending to rename himself as "Brittany" after the famous and heroic female singer.

But big Hillary dissuaded the pre-transvestite from doing so.

by Anonymousreply 85January 13, 2018 11:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 13, 2018 11:47 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 13, 2018 11:58 PM

Here's a pretty good article on the whole Chelsea Manning treason thing. It has some good background information.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 13, 2018 11:59 PM

That snap at R87 says it all...

by Anonymousreply 89January 14, 2018 12:29 AM

don’t click on r89. Fundie rag alert.

I doing get the obsessesion over what someone else’s is doing to their own bodies. Cray territory.

She is not qualified for the position in anyway. What a useless war among dems.

by Anonymousreply 90January 14, 2018 12:49 AM

Fundie rag @ r88

by Anonymousreply 91January 14, 2018 12:49 AM

R90 You use the words 'Cray territory' and certainly seems pertinent for Bradley/Britney/Chelsey.

by Anonymousreply 92January 14, 2018 12:56 AM

Not going to win the primary against a two-term incumbent Democrat. This is a useless exercise. And, the polls will show Cardin with a huge lead right up to primary day. (And through the general election, which he will win.)

I doubt that this will even be much of a distraction, because most people are not going to vote for a convicted traitor who has absolutely no political experience. Most Maryland voters have one thing fixed in their minds about Manning: a felon. Obama's clemency gesture notwithstanding.

Talk about arrogant and clueless. Manning would be better off running for city council somewhere before trying for the U.S. Senate.

by Anonymousreply 93January 14, 2018 12:56 AM

Who will the media and internet give all the attention to?

by Anonymousreply 94January 14, 2018 12:59 AM

R73 if a man can be a woman then he can be a lesbian if he wants, damn it!

by Anonymousreply 95January 14, 2018 1:26 AM

It won't matter, R94. Manning is not Trump -- though both are attention whores. And the Maryland Senate primary is not the Presidency. Trump had the New York media -- many of whom have known him for years -- playing along. Hence, that pig Matt Lauer allowing Cheeotlini to call in every morning to bloviate about his opponents or some imagined horror. Manning will have none of that.

by Anonymousreply 96January 14, 2018 1:27 AM

R96 Manning will have none of what?

I think Bradley/Britney/Chelsey will have a lonely life.

And I just wonder what kind of humanoid would want a relationship with Bradley/Britney/Chelsey.

by Anonymousreply 97January 14, 2018 1:30 AM

how do i donate to her campaign???

by Anonymousreply 98January 14, 2018 1:30 AM

I am sure he will get national media attention anyway, and frantic twitter mob that will tear down and smear the other candidate as happened in the Presidential election

by Anonymousreply 99January 14, 2018 1:31 AM

Just go to the bank machine, withdraw as much money as possible, then flush it down the toilet

by Anonymousreply 100January 14, 2018 1:32 AM

[quote] Manning will have none of what?

A built-in media hanging on every word and tweet. This will amount to a lot of nothing. No one really cares what Manning thinks or says. This will not be a race that anyone is going to give much attention to, because the presumption is that Ben Cardin will easily win, both against Manning and whoever the Repukes put up.

This is a glorified publicity stunt that will soon fade from view.

by Anonymousreply 101January 14, 2018 2:00 AM

Look at my nails! LOOK AT THEM!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 14, 2018 2:06 AM

A remarkable number of transgender people are attention whores. Why is that?

She's obviously not stupid and lord knows she must be knowledgable about national security and intelligence issues by now. Why not get a job with some nonprofit that's working to raise awareness of those issues, or that needs a research consultant? Why suck up a lot of other people's money in a hopeless bid to be in the Senate? Oh right - attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 103January 14, 2018 2:13 AM

Pushing back against telling us what pronounce to use, that we are “cis”males etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 104January 14, 2018 2:17 AM

with paypal, i hate filling out all that stuff....

by Anonymousreply 105January 14, 2018 2:20 AM

Must be running as a republican. She'll be in good company. She doesn't care if she kills people either. And her mental problems will fit right in.

by Anonymousreply 106January 14, 2018 2:51 AM

the trans troll must be going into convolutions by this point.

by Anonymousreply 107January 14, 2018 3:37 AM

convulsions

by Anonymousreply 108January 14, 2018 3:37 AM

He is not well and shouldn't be running for local dogcatcher much less the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 109January 14, 2018 3:43 AM

He'll be running against Joan Pollard and Julia Rosenberg, and Beatrice Arnold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 14, 2018 3:52 AM

Who’s the porker?

by Anonymousreply 111January 14, 2018 3:52 AM

r111 the photo in r110 is Jonathan Pollard, notorious traitor. Julia Rosenberg is a play on Jules Rosenberg, and Beatrice Arnold is a play on Benedict Arnold

by Anonymousreply 112January 14, 2018 3:54 AM

I see

Historical American traitors as fellow trans?

by Anonymousreply 113January 14, 2018 3:57 AM

r113 your comment would be perfect without the question mark.

by Anonymousreply 114January 14, 2018 4:07 AM

Bradley Manning is a man.

It's RIGHT in his name!

by Anonymousreply 115January 14, 2018 4:11 AM

nurse, Thorazine to the trans troll. Stat.

by Anonymousreply 116January 14, 2018 5:26 PM

A few of my friends have posted comments about this on social media, making the point that a convicted traitor may have the right to run for U.S. Senate, but shouldn't receive any support. That extremely reasonable position has brought out the loons who somehow want to anoint Manning as some kind of savior.

by Anonymousreply 117January 14, 2018 5:33 PM

She passed U.S. intelligence to WikiLeaks, which is a front for the Russian FSB. OP must be another Russian troll if Manning is his hero.

by Anonymousreply 118January 14, 2018 5:59 PM

You can criticize her lack of qualifications without foaming at the mouth about her trans status. normal people tune out with the stalking/obsessing/convulsing over trans people. It’s just not that serious

She is simply not qualified. She needs to make the city council first.

by Anonymousreply 119January 14, 2018 6:12 PM

Not qualified and mentally unfit, too.

by Anonymousreply 120January 14, 2018 6:21 PM

Mentally unfit. Doesn't know what sex he is. Assaulted a woman. Traitor.

by Anonymousreply 121January 14, 2018 6:23 PM

He's a manlet (5'2"!).

Not voting for him.

by Anonymousreply 122January 14, 2018 6:25 PM

I trust the good people of Maryland know a "look at me" stunt when they see one.

by Anonymousreply 123January 14, 2018 6:26 PM

Twitter will decide that he is the savior and the Dem incumbent an "old white guy."

by Anonymousreply 124January 14, 2018 6:28 PM

If it wants to run let it.

by Anonymousreply 125January 14, 2018 6:29 PM

Huff Post Queer Voices has this as the lead story on their page. Surprised?

Advocate won't even honor it with an entry..

by Anonymousreply 126January 14, 2018 6:32 PM

I'm sure the Advocate will give him plenty of coverage.

by Anonymousreply 127January 14, 2018 6:37 PM

This person had severe mental problems while in the army and two suicide attempts in prison. And I'm supposed to think everything is ok now? Because lipstick and dresses?

by Anonymousreply 128January 14, 2018 7:06 PM

[quote] That extremely reasonable position has brought out the Russian bots who somehow want to anoint Manning as some kind of savior.

FTFY

by Anonymousreply 129January 14, 2018 7:08 PM

Does he still have his dick?

Serious question.

by Anonymousreply 130January 14, 2018 7:08 PM

He didn’t get surgery on the tax payer dime while in the hooskow?

by Anonymousreply 131January 14, 2018 8:30 PM

The American Electoral College voted in Trump. The worst has already happened.

by Anonymousreply 132January 14, 2018 8:37 PM

Manning will never be elected to anything. This will fade very, very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 133January 14, 2018 8:39 PM

Manning is responsible for hundreds of innocent Afghans and Iraqis who worked with the US getting killed.

by Anonymousreply 134January 14, 2018 8:41 PM

Traitorous cunt. Hope she is destroyed electorally

by Anonymousreply 135January 14, 2018 8:54 PM

R128 don't forget the cute haircut and the photo shoot with Annie Leibovitz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 14, 2018 9:03 PM

That photo at R136 -- yuck.

He's still a man, baby.

by Anonymousreply 137January 14, 2018 9:05 PM

I'm disappointed by the posters who can't make a good argument against Chelsea Manning's candidacy without resorting to being ugly about her transition. Believe me, there are good arguments against electing this person to the U.S. Senate. There are also good arguments about the potential incongruity of trans rights positions undermining other civil rights discourses. However, if you can't make those arguments, you don't deserve a spot at the table with counterproductive and stupid vitriol.

by Anonymousreply 138January 14, 2018 9:15 PM

Spare me your sanctimonious bullshit masquerading as commonsense R138

by Anonymousreply 139January 14, 2018 9:24 PM

I don't trust anybody who ever was a lackey of Julian Assange. It's all Putin, baby. She can fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 140January 14, 2018 9:26 PM

How about this R138. She shouldn't run because she endangered lives to throw a tantrum.

I don't even like Snowden. But he could at least argue that there was no other way to bring the spying to light by doing what he did. Manning on the other hand just thought she could do whatever she wants. In America, more so than many other countries, there are multiple avenues to register political dissent without committing a crime, and a dangerous one at that.

Literally her only noteworthy achievement thus far has been commuting a crime. She has NO business in public office

by Anonymousreply 141January 14, 2018 9:34 PM

[quote] I'm disappointed by the posters who can't make a good argument against Chelsea Manning's candidacy without resorting to being ugly about her transition.

She's a traitor.

There.

by Anonymousreply 142January 14, 2018 9:35 PM

He's a traitor AND a tranny!

Just who we want representing the Democratic Party.

by Anonymousreply 143January 14, 2018 9:37 PM

Excellent, R141. R139 could learn from you.

by Anonymousreply 144January 14, 2018 9:43 PM

What about the military & govt giving these fucking high security jobs to people without a college degree? You let people in their late teens and early twenties go straight into high sec jobs? Snowden was a HS dropout. Reality Winner & Manning were HS grads who knocked around in dead end jobs for a few years before joining the military. Giving them high sec jobs is like picking someone up from Dick's Sporting Goods or Best Buy and handing them a computer saying, "Here. Have access to the most highly sensitive and important US secrets. Have fun!"

Seriously -- one of them was named "Reality Winner." Another one looked like Underdog's seriously unhealthy younger brother. Good idea putting these people into high security computer jobs.

by Anonymousreply 145January 14, 2018 9:44 PM

and outsourcing them, too

by Anonymousreply 146January 14, 2018 10:16 PM

R138, the problem with giving you what you want, is that in my rather vast slutty experiences - with transies, trans is closely linked to things like attention-whoring, relentlessly demanding everybody fall in line with their wishes and worldview, and being aggressively clueless about what others think of them.

So Ms. Manning's decision to run for a high elected office, despite a complete absence of experience and a background more checkered than a bistro tablecloth, is ... typically trans. It displays her arrogance, her attention-seeking, her apparent lack of concern and lack of awareness that for a great many good reasons, people think she should find a vocation less in the public eye.

by Anonymousreply 147January 14, 2018 10:23 PM

She claims she has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, both parents were alcoholics. She's a high school dropout who flunked out of a community college in the first semester. Her background is similar to Snowden, another uneducated dolt who, like Manning, joined the army because they had no qualifications to get a job. Assange is a college dropout with no qualifications either.

Manning has no qualifications to run for dogcatcher much less the Senate. Anybody supporting her is obviously either nuts or a Russian troll.

Putin's triumvirate of losers.

by Anonymousreply 148January 14, 2018 10:36 PM

R145 this shows what dumbasses are joining the army.

by Anonymousreply 149January 14, 2018 10:39 PM

[quote]I'm disappointed by the posters who can't make a good argument against Chelsea Manning's candidacy without resorting to being ugly about her transition.

Manning assaulted a female superior officer by punching her in the face and referred to her by using a homophobic slur. There.

by Anonymousreply 150January 14, 2018 10:44 PM

R150 link please

by Anonymousreply 151January 14, 2018 10:49 PM

It's true, r151. Adrian Lamo and Manning's chat logs reveal this. Lamo turned Manning into the Army CID and FBI.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152January 14, 2018 11:15 PM

Thanks R152 - can you copy the relevant bits? I opened it up and it stays blocked.

by Anonymousreply 153January 14, 2018 11:25 PM

r145 that's the question I've been asking as well.

by Anonymousreply 154January 14, 2018 11:46 PM

The slur is in the above linkedchat logs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 15, 2018 12:04 AM

From the chat logs: (01:45:18 PM) bradass87: i punched a dyke in the phace…

by Anonymousreply 156January 15, 2018 12:07 AM

Why do all the glowing articles never mention that ^?

by Anonymousreply 157January 15, 2018 12:09 AM

Because they want to recast this unstable wretch as a hero. It is utter bullshit imo.

by Anonymousreply 158January 15, 2018 12:11 AM

I NEVER see glowing articles except from the very fringiest of the left.

by Anonymousreply 159January 15, 2018 12:16 AM

How is this for glowing. MaInstream fashion magazine:

"Chelsea Manning has been lighting up our lives (and our feeds) since her release from Fort Leavenworth prison after President Obama commuted her 35-year sentence. Her Twitter feed is an absolute joy to behold, as she takes down trolls with emoji-filled tweets of wisdom and earnest goodness. She's somehow managed to find happiness after all she's been through, and she's now sharing that joy in Vogue, where she looks like a total blonde pin-up girl.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160January 15, 2018 12:22 AM

Even if Manning's campaign gained traction, it wouldn't survive the MeToo# movement.

Al Franken resigned due to inappropriate touching. Isn't having a history of making misogynistic comments and punching a woman in the face even worse?

by Anonymousreply 161January 15, 2018 12:22 AM

[quote]Al Franken resigned due to inappropriate touching. Isn't having a history of making misogynistic comments and punching a woman in the face even worse?

It is worse. But women are never, ever allowed to say anything against trans. It will not be mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 162January 15, 2018 12:23 AM

Fair enough R160 but I was more talking about News publications rather than fashion mags. Still that piece in Allure is embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 163January 15, 2018 12:24 AM

Wow, Bradley/Britney/Chelsey punched a dyke in the phace [sic].

Bradley/Britney/Chelsey sounds as insane as Maxine Waters.

by Anonymousreply 164January 15, 2018 12:25 AM

[quote] But absolutely no one -- man or woman -- is ever, ever, ever allowed to say anything against trans.

FIFY

by Anonymousreply 165January 15, 2018 12:34 AM

R162 I think it will. The MeToo# movement will give women the cover to push back against trans aggression.

It's already happened on Celebrity Big Brother UK where a trans women inappropriately harassed a man. Twitter was immediately screaming it was a MeToo# moment and they were right. Although the victim was a man, I believe the same reaction would have occurred with a women.

by Anonymousreply 166January 15, 2018 12:38 AM

In the oppression hierarchy, trans have a higher place than females.

by Anonymousreply 167January 15, 2018 12:47 AM

I like your hopeful attitude, R166, but there are no signs on this side of the Atlantic that that would happen.

by Anonymousreply 168January 15, 2018 12:48 AM

It should have happened with men and boys entering girls and women's sports events...but it didn't. There have been incidents as well in women's changing rooms...still nothing, or the women blamed for the man's aggression. And women kicked out of a women's shelter in Canada for a trans i.e. a man .

by Anonymousreply 169January 15, 2018 12:51 AM

Woman kicked out of a women shelter for a trans man?? Do you have a link to that? That sounds to crazy to be true

by Anonymousreply 170January 15, 2018 12:54 AM

Women were kicked out of a women's shelter because they did not want to be with a man, so the women were kicked out of the WOMEN'S shelter.

The trans is male, pretending to be female.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171January 15, 2018 12:59 AM

Back on track, posters. This is a Chelsea Manning for Senate thread, not a trans grievance thread.

You didn't put forth arguments against Donald Trump's candidacy by attacking all men, did you?

It's not a wise tact. There's enough material that suggests Manning shouldn't be a U.S. Senator that you shouldn't have to resort to your pet trans issues.

by Anonymousreply 172January 15, 2018 1:01 AM

R172, Manning punched a woman. Thus, his career is over before it even started.

by Anonymousreply 173January 15, 2018 1:03 AM

Was Manning ever a Datalounger?

by Anonymousreply 174January 15, 2018 1:04 AM

She has a whole lot of grievances R174 so its likely

by Anonymousreply 175January 15, 2018 1:05 AM

I think he is lacking in wit & wisdom, so probably not.

by Anonymousreply 176January 15, 2018 1:09 AM

He punched a woman and called her a homophobic slur.

He has mental problems.

He is a traitor

He is not very bright

Trans activists support a homophobic, sexist ideology that is a threat to gay people and women. It is harming children right now who are not "transgender" and are being dragged into this insanity.

He will further destroy the gains made by decades of hard work by gay men and lesbians by having this person and his ideology attached to G&L.

by Anonymousreply 177January 15, 2018 1:13 AM

Imagine this inbred halfwit trying to debate the current Senator...

And he/she is a misogynistic creep who boasted about punching a woman.

by Anonymousreply 178January 15, 2018 1:13 AM

R172, we are "on track". The trans movement and the MeToo# movement aren't compatible so no political career for Manning.

by Anonymousreply 179January 15, 2018 1:17 AM

Oh, please R172. Chelsea/Bradley Manning is a crazy, treasonous Tranny. There is no high road to take. Go play schoolmarm somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 180January 15, 2018 1:18 AM

As I flicked past this thread I thought it said "Chandler Massey is running for the Senate!"

This is pretty disappointing in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 181January 15, 2018 1:44 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182January 15, 2018 1:49 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183January 15, 2018 2:08 AM

Assault -- whether it was charged as a criminal offense or not -- should be immediately disqualifying for any person seeking a seat in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 184January 15, 2018 2:19 AM

Wow. The sense of entitlement is astounding.

by Anonymousreply 185January 15, 2018 2:22 AM

Why don't you see if you can lobby Congress to vote your proviso into law, r184?

by Anonymousreply 186January 15, 2018 3:33 AM

I don’t get other people who are obsessed with what others do to their body. It reminds me of focus on the family being obsessed with gays to the point of stalking.

by Anonymousreply 187January 15, 2018 4:00 AM

Well, if that’s true @r183 then that’s the end of that pipe dream.

by Anonymousreply 188January 15, 2018 4:02 AM

You are no Boyer, R187

by Anonymousreply 189January 15, 2018 4:02 AM

WHET Reality Winner?

by Anonymousreply 190January 15, 2018 4:03 AM

And no, that’s not a name of a Kentucky Derby horse.

by Anonymousreply 191January 15, 2018 4:04 AM

Bradley Manning had a chance to serve his country honorably and failed to do so. His bid for the senate will fail though it will further cement his reputation for being a total and complete loon.

by Anonymousreply 192January 15, 2018 4:27 AM

Posters who think that the homophobic weasel will be caught up in the #MeToo outrage don't understand how contemporary leftist identity politics work. Manning's trans status makes him untouchable. Liberals would no more dream of condemning him for his violent assault on a lesbian than they would refer to him by his 'dead name'. Trans really is a get-out-of-jail free card for violent unstable narcissists. In Manning's case, literally.

by Anonymousreply 193January 15, 2018 4:30 AM

Makes perfect sense to me, R117.

by Anonymousreply 194January 15, 2018 4:31 AM

R141, Manning did what Assange did, which was to dump all the data out there, that included people under cover and other classified material about people in the field. It caused people's deaths. Snowden turned the info over to 3 reporters and, since then, they have curated and redacted sensitive material that would put lives in danger. Manning, by engaging in that conduct, is not qualified to serve in the position for which she's running. Additionally, his mental illness was severe enough to warrant release from prison. I've seen nothing to indicate he isn't as mentally ill as he ever was.

by Anonymousreply 195January 15, 2018 4:38 AM

No one is going to vote for the tranny traitor in the privacy of a voting booth.

by Anonymousreply 196January 15, 2018 4:39 AM

My advice to the Democratic party? Find and support a candidate who is both qualified and popular in the state of Maryland.

Now where do I submit my invoice for "strategy and consulting"?

by Anonymousreply 197January 15, 2018 4:43 AM

He is a mentally ill traitor.

by Anonymousreply 198January 15, 2018 7:57 AM

[quote]I don’t get other people who are obsessed with what others do to their body.

That isn't what it is about anymore. "Transgender" is an ideology that is in conflict with gay existence, gay rights, women's existence, and children's health.

But they are obsessed with other people's bodies. Why are they obsessed with children's bodies? Why are they encouraging adults in the sexist,homophobic idea that children are "transgender"? Small children are being put on the road to trans if they play with the "wrong" toy. And then put on dangerous "puberty blocker" drugs and now children as young as 13 are getting body parts cut off. Trans are the cheerleaders for this. This is harming other people's bodies - minors incapable of making decisions on this matter, and especially unnecessary decisions based on sexism and homophobia. Why are they obsessed with their bodies?

by Anonymousreply 199January 15, 2018 11:09 AM

I wouldn't vote for anyone who holds the lunatic belief that it is possible to "transition" into someone else.

by Anonymousreply 200January 15, 2018 11:23 AM

She doesn’t have a chance of winning and I wouldn’t vote for her given the opportunity, but there are some real transphobic posters in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 201January 15, 2018 11:26 AM

In the unlikely event that she won, would she even be able to get a security clearance after her conviction?

by Anonymousreply 202January 15, 2018 11:30 AM

[quote]transphobic posters

Please explain what this means R201.

by Anonymousreply 203January 15, 2018 11:34 AM

Don’t bother. Britshart started this ‘divide the lgbt campaign’ so just ignore it.

They stole all the focus on the family talking points about gays and now transferred them to trans.

See r199.

by Anonymousreply 204January 15, 2018 11:42 AM

Reality Winner has been all but forgotten.

What did she leak?

by Anonymousreply 205January 15, 2018 11:43 AM

The LGBT community does NOT need to divide itself!

Gay men and lesbians can easily concede to the trans community's list of demands using the pre-approved language.

by Anonymousreply 206January 15, 2018 11:46 AM

[quote]They stole all the focus on the family talking points

Who did? Trans? Like if your kid is a little femmy and playing with dolls, he must be trans and put on the road to having his cock cut off?

That is actually a more extreme anti-gay conversion therapy than praying it away. And it targets kids, not adults

by Anonymousreply 207January 15, 2018 11:47 AM

Manning is a T-rojan horse, a Manchurian candidate. I hope my fellow liberal Marylanders are not stupid enough to fall for this bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208January 15, 2018 1:56 PM

#metoo and the tranny movement are incompatible but both prone to reality denying extremism. As the Democrats are embracing both the GOP will make significant gains on 2018 and can repeal the 22nd Amendment. Trump will be President forever.

by Anonymousreply 209January 15, 2018 2:05 PM

The future is a transwoman booting your face forever

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210January 15, 2018 2:54 PM

Did Chelsea get a pussy or is there still a cock and balls down there?

by Anonymousreply 211January 15, 2018 3:03 PM

Russia would love to put Manning in the US senate. Their bots are all o ear Twitter and online forums pushing her candidacy.

by Anonymousreply 212January 15, 2018 3:05 PM

Russia's probs behind this already.

by Anonymousreply 213January 15, 2018 3:15 PM

Russia couldn't fucking care less who the senator from fucking Maryland turns out to be.

by Anonymousreply 214January 15, 2018 3:21 PM

Russia certainly does care. They've funded Russian agents like Ron and Rand Paul in the senate for decades. Russia wants to gut our health care and safety net so Americans will be sick and impoverished. And why not? It's a great way to defeat your enemy without firing a shot.

by Anonymousreply 215January 15, 2018 3:23 PM

Yeah, Russia is more than happy to sow as much chaos as possible into American electoral politics. They have already inflicted on us the mentally disturbed Donald J. Trump. So, yes, it is very easy to believe that they would happily try and interfere in every race they could in the U.S. this November.

by Anonymousreply 216January 15, 2018 3:29 PM

Russia is the country who, through their agent Assange, published the nearly one million illegally downloaded top secret documents Manning spewed forth.

by Anonymousreply 217January 15, 2018 3:38 PM

That tranny is a dyke-hating Russian puppet.

by Anonymousreply 218January 15, 2018 4:39 PM

You can be against Manning’s candidacy and have valid concern with elements of the trans doctrine, but no one will listen to you if you talk like a lunatic.

Which is more important to you - raving or convincing? There’s not a wrong answer, but there sure is a foolish one.

by Anonymousreply 219January 15, 2018 4:45 PM

Where did I race?

by Anonymousreply 220January 15, 2018 4:48 PM

Rave?

by Anonymousreply 221January 15, 2018 4:49 PM

Problem is the poster girls for trans are two dumbass exhibitionistic psychos - Jenner and Manning.

by Anonymousreply 222January 15, 2018 4:51 PM

Needed to start a bit lower on the political ladder. Too divisive to gain much, but good luck.

by Anonymousreply 223January 15, 2018 4:53 PM

[quote] Problem is the poster girls for trans are two dumbass exhibitionistic psychos - Jenner and Manning.

Don't forget trans woman of color Janet Mock.who thinks that trans youth sex work (aka child prostitution) is empowering, and that older trans women are like the underground railroad spiriting them to freedom, one blowjob at a time.

by Anonymousreply 224January 15, 2018 5:00 PM

Anyone who chooses to go into politics is a little crazy, no?

by Anonymousreply 225January 15, 2018 5:52 PM

There is a very big difference, R225, between a "little crazy" and a total fucking loon. Manning is definitely the latter.

by Anonymousreply 226January 15, 2018 5:54 PM

R220 / R221, something tells me you don’t have the capacity to engage here, and it’s you.

You ask me where you rave. You should tell me where you convince.

by Anonymousreply 227January 15, 2018 6:00 PM

Manning is a high school dropout who later managed to enroll in a community college only to flunk out in the first semester. Yeah, she's a real smart one.

by Anonymousreply 228January 15, 2018 6:11 PM

She'll be creamed, and not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 229January 15, 2018 6:14 PM

[quote] You ask me where you rave. You should tell me where you convince.

Nobody's looking to convince you of anything. You're not important. Nobody even knows what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 230January 15, 2018 6:20 PM

The treasonous ones, R230, were the assholes firing on civilians. THIS IS NOT the mission and jeopardized everyone on the ground there. They needed a scapegoat and found one.

by Anonymousreply 231January 15, 2018 6:22 PM

LOL at the russkie lunatics demanding to be convinced

by Anonymousreply 232January 15, 2018 6:32 PM

Or... are those the ladyboy lunatics?

by Anonymousreply 233January 15, 2018 6:32 PM

She's thoroughly unqualified, but why not? It's just a big reality show in America now.

by Anonymousreply 234January 15, 2018 6:54 PM

This isn't about anyone obsessing about what anyone else does to their body r187. Read this quote from the link at r155.

[quote]The incident came weeks after Pte Manning sent an anguished email to a sergeant, where he said his gender identity issues left him unable to work or think and even attached a photograph of himself dressed as a woman.

I'm not sure how you expect people to ignore the gender identity issue when Manning himself cites it and blames it as the reason he's unable to work and unfit to serve.

This is a messed up guy whose gender identity issues are one part of the bigger picture of mental illness. Why would he even seek out a high level government position for which he's clearly unqualified and unfit? Attention? Validation? What?

Whatever. He needs to work out his own issues rather than pushing them on other people who don't care to be pressured to support his craziness in the name of the GLBT etc. etc. community.

by Anonymousreply 235January 15, 2018 7:45 PM

He/she is mentally unbalanced and not fit for public office. The very existence of a President Donald Trump proves this is not an issue.

by Anonymousreply 236January 15, 2018 7:49 PM

I knew the filth of the far left would go all in for Manning. I am embarrassed to share a party with these people

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237January 15, 2018 8:22 PM

R237 who is the far left? Glenn Greenwald? They're all Putin trolls, fascists faking liberalism. Manning, like Stein, is no doubt being paid to try to infiltrate and destroy the Dem Party.

by Anonymousreply 238January 15, 2018 8:26 PM

Goddamn, that photo at R237 is repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 239January 15, 2018 8:27 PM

They aren't ALL of the far left R238. Just it's trash. I agree with everything you said.

by Anonymousreply 240January 15, 2018 8:27 PM

Senator Cardin authored a detailed takedown of the history of Russian operations against the US political system.

And now Manning springs up out of nowhere to challenge him.

Aggressively pushed by Wikileaks' buddy Glenn Greenwald. Who aggressively denies any and all Russian collusion in the 2016 election.

Funny how these things work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241January 15, 2018 8:38 PM

That's what scares me r236. I have a few friends who have admitted to voting for Trump not because they actually supported him but because they thought he had no actual chance of winning and they wanted to "send a message" about their dislike of HRC and disgust with the current state of the democratic party.

Sad to say I can see the same thing happening here. Cardin is no great shakes but better him than an unqualified, unfit and divisive spoiler candidate paving the way for a repug to slip in.

What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 242January 15, 2018 8:47 PM

We're Russians and ladyboys for pointing out that calling a trans person by a former name isn't helpful?

Chelsea Manning shouldn't be a U.S. Senator. You shouldn't go around calling her a him if you'd like other people to take you seriously on the matter.

by Anonymousreply 243January 15, 2018 8:49 PM

Ok so this is definitely a stunt, even if she doesn’t know it.

If those people are involved, it’s definitely another divert and divide campaign.

This is getting old now.

by Anonymousreply 244January 15, 2018 8:49 PM

I’m sure her funding will come from some dark money source. GG’s involvement can only mean this is a manipulative stunt, meant to sow confusion and discord. Expect a lot of “debate me” request that work to muddy the waters.

by Anonymousreply 245January 15, 2018 8:52 PM

Well R243, perpetuating the lie that he's a woman isn't particularly "helpful", either.

by Anonymousreply 246January 15, 2018 8:53 PM

The Jill Stein debacle was never investigated to the level it should have been.

This lady came out of nowhere and threw the election.

Gary Johnson needs to be reviewed as well. Who knows who funded that.

by Anonymousreply 247January 15, 2018 8:54 PM

the “debate me” and “explain yourself” demands are designed to make you second guess yourself and your own thoughts.

Americans have been under one massive psyche op for the last 2 years.

Remember who you were. Hold onto something continuous (like a photo or a ring) and try not lose yourself.

by Anonymousreply 248January 15, 2018 8:57 PM

Johnson was weird. Totally incompetent but his Veep nominee would have certainly made a better Prez than Trump. Libertarians are always bizarroid, half of them extreme rightwingers, half of them stoners.

by Anonymousreply 249January 15, 2018 9:08 PM

Most of them only exist online. I never see these trolls in real life except the Republican House freak squad.

by Anonymousreply 250January 15, 2018 9:10 PM

R243 but what can we do when in our lifetime some unseen opinion makers arbitrarily changed the definition of the word "she"? A word that only referred to biological females for all its existence but now is also supposed to refer to males who "identify" as female. How is it that biological women now don't have words that refer to them alone? That the words "women" and "she" need additional qualifiers?

Men are forcing women to address other men as "she". That's messed up. Not using "she" to refer to Manning is just refusing to be a doormat.

by Anonymousreply 251January 15, 2018 9:11 PM

[quote] Not using "she" to refer to Manning is just refusing to be a doormat.

My solution has been to not "gender" Manning at all -- no pronouns and no first name. Simply Manning. You can't "misgender" someone if you don't "gender" them at all.

by Anonymousreply 252January 15, 2018 9:27 PM

I agree, R252. I do the same. Not being a doormat but also not unnecessarily triggering someone who has mental health issues.

In private though I use the pronoun that matches the biological sex and the way I actually perceive the person.

by Anonymousreply 253January 15, 2018 9:30 PM

don’t let yourselves become brainwashed into hating strangers.

Not cool.

by Anonymousreply 254January 15, 2018 9:32 PM

I never indulge cray cray

by Anonymousreply 255January 15, 2018 9:32 PM

Thats retarded R254. Trump is a stranger to us

by Anonymousreply 256January 15, 2018 9:33 PM

In general, I go for polite and would say Manning, too, but he hit a woman and called her dyke, so maybe he should be called he.

I also don't want to follow the rules of people who are transing kids. That is a big crime so I do not want to support the lies that are pushed to enable that.

by Anonymousreply 257January 15, 2018 9:34 PM

So many gay reactionaries. Like lice.

by Anonymousreply 258January 15, 2018 9:38 PM

trans is the ultimate in reactionary - it is homophobic and sexist

by Anonymousreply 259January 15, 2018 9:40 PM

Did Chelsea identify as gay before making the transition?

by Anonymousreply 260January 15, 2018 9:41 PM

R259, I won't call you a reactionary, but I will call you a nut. If anyone is actually crazy/stupid enough to say such what you said.

by Anonymousreply 261January 15, 2018 9:46 PM

I totally agree with r259.

I have two college degrees, my house and car paid, no credit card debt...have worked consistently in IT for 25 years....pay taxes...never been arrested.

I’m the definition of Steady Eddie, and I’m with r259.

T is sick. Misogynist, homophobic, mentally ill sex fetishists.

by Anonymousreply 262January 15, 2018 9:52 PM

"crazy/stupid" is cutting and twisting your penis to pretend it is a vagina.

by Anonymousreply 263January 15, 2018 9:54 PM

Always helpful to have a reminder why I spend so little time around other white gay men.

by Anonymousreply 264January 15, 2018 9:55 PM

Bless your heart, R264

by Anonymousreply 265January 15, 2018 9:56 PM

What can I tell you, R265? I've known a zillion since I came out so very long ago and about half are as nasty as that right wing uncle you meet once a year at Thanksgiving dinner. Like Trump Trash, only they want equality and respect for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 266January 15, 2018 10:01 PM

Trans won't be able to achieve equality and respect for themselves by bullying women. Why should anyone including gay men buy into that, R266?

by Anonymousreply 267January 15, 2018 10:06 PM

I'm not spending any more time on a nut, R267.

by Anonymousreply 268January 15, 2018 10:07 PM

The pro-T person cannot defend his position, so he just calls people "crazy" or a "nut."

It's ok, you can't really defend insanity.

by Anonymousreply 269January 15, 2018 10:12 PM

Yes, R260.

by Anonymousreply 270January 15, 2018 10:17 PM

That's a fine solution r252 in situations where gender identity isn't really relevant to the story or in this case crime but it is relevant here.

Manning as Bradley Manning assaulted a fellow female soldier and called her a homophobic slur along with other reported incidents of violent outbursts. Yet we're supposed to pretend that Manning's gender identity has nothing to do with the crime committed?

Isn't it as disrespectful to the actual female victim of the assault to refuse to acknowledge that this was a crime against a woman committed by a man?

I'm all for respect and civility but a man punching a woman in the face because they can't handle their own identity issues is neither of those things.

by Anonymousreply 271January 15, 2018 10:24 PM

If I had to speculate, Chelsea Manning had gender dysphoria living as Bradley. That’s a real diagnosis, and a treatment for adults with this diagnosis is transitioning.

An individual’s fitness for office, trans or not, is a separate issue than the validity of the trans doctrine writ large. Does anyone disagree with that?

Question things vigorously, by all means, but actually question things instead of getting irrationally ugly. If you still want to be mean, at least be original and smart for the sake of your otherwise tortured readers.

by Anonymousreply 272January 15, 2018 10:26 PM

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 273January 15, 2018 10:28 PM

A "real" diagnosis doesn't give a male the right to bully women out of their spaces, sports teams and more. I question where this idea came from that says women have to defer in all manner of ways to a bio man just because he's been diagnosed with a certain condition. It's just seems an excuse to exercise unchecked male privilege.

by Anonymousreply 274January 15, 2018 10:32 PM

I don't see how you can separate the two things, R272. The idea of a trans woman exercising political power over women and kids is kind of disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 275January 15, 2018 10:34 PM

[quote][R243] but what can we do when in our lifetime some unseen opinion makers arbitrarily changed the definition of the word "she"? A word that only referred to biological females for all its existence but now is also supposed to refer to males who "identify" as female. How is it that biological women now don't have words that refer to them alone? That the words "women" and "she" need additional qualifiers?

Marriage used to mean something too. It’s meaning hasn’t changed, only our understanding . Some people add the qualifier “gay” when it’s relevant. Those in straight marriages didn’t experience a fundamental attack or redefinition or invasion on their marriages. What’s different about this?

[quote]Men are forcing women to address other men as "she". That's messed up. Not using "she" to refer to Manning is just refusing to be a doormat.

I think keeping human dignity alive is worthy and right. If you think she’s worth that, perhaps you’ll change your mind.

by Anonymousreply 276January 15, 2018 10:36 PM

Human dignity is letting women go to the bathroom in peace without men.

by Anonymousreply 277January 15, 2018 10:38 PM

What they are doing to "transkids" has zero to do with human dignity.

by Anonymousreply 278January 15, 2018 10:38 PM

Both humane and sensible, R276. It won't make any difference with the transphobic obsessives, but you've provided a good example and an island of sanity.

by Anonymousreply 279January 15, 2018 10:39 PM

Was he thinking of a woman's human dignity when he punched her and called her a dyke.

by Anonymousreply 280January 15, 2018 10:39 PM

[quote]I don't see how you can separate the two things, [R272]. The idea of a trans woman exercising political power over women and kids is kind of disturbing.

The idea of Donald Trump or any number of Republicans exercising political power over women and kids is kind of disturbing. But I won’t abandon representative democracy over a person. I hope you won’t either. They win when we do that.

by Anonymousreply 281January 15, 2018 10:39 PM

On a related note, in the UK almost 14k raised in 3 days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282January 15, 2018 10:39 PM

Trans = homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 283January 15, 2018 10:40 PM

Hooray, thank God for intelligent British women. The spirit of the Suffragettes lives on!

by Anonymousreply 284January 15, 2018 10:42 PM

R276 the word "marriage" refers to a non-living institution. Not comparable to words that are supposed to define a biological female.

The word "woman" and "she" refers to a living, breathing PERSON who has long been discriminated against by males due to having female sex organs.

How does one of those same males then decide he can apply the words "female" and "she" to himself? That by doing so he should be then given access to female spaces? It's the same arrogance displayed by Rachel Dolezal when she tried to redefine the word black to include herself.

Where's the "human dignity" in allowing biological males to exert their privilege to corrupt words that defined and gave a voice to biological females and their experiences?

"

by Anonymousreply 285January 15, 2018 10:58 PM

R276 biological males are using the words "she" and "woman" to take wins and team spots from female athletes. To kick two women out of a female shelter. To convince a mom to let her 10-year old daughter be unsupervised with a "woman" friend who then used a penis to rape the child. To make a woman vulnerable to a perv in a Target dressing woman. To make girls on a NYC swim team afraid to use the shower in their locker room due to the presence of an adult male. Where's the "human dignity" in those situations?

by Anonymousreply 286January 15, 2018 11:08 PM

R285, you are a pluperfect moron. The males you refer to are male by convention only. Your literal-mindedness is serving your bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 287January 15, 2018 11:08 PM

Stereotypes aren't real. Biology is.

by Anonymousreply 288January 15, 2018 11:13 PM

[quote] Stereotypes aren't real.

Spend one hour in a gay club and you'll think differently.

by Anonymousreply 289January 15, 2018 11:14 PM

R289, ha ha or a country and western straight bar. We joke but trans want to pretend there is something physically real to wearing high heels and lipstick yet biology is not real....

by Anonymousreply 290January 15, 2018 11:17 PM

Basically, I do not give a shit if Manning is a man, a woman, a goat or a cockroach. What I do care about is Manning is being used by Putin to divide the left. Manning's a pawn and a particularly dumb and unpleasant one.

by Anonymousreply 291January 15, 2018 11:19 PM

R287 males like Manning are using words like "she" and "her" as a weapon.

by Anonymousreply 292January 15, 2018 11:22 PM

A Manning candidacy is unbeatable fodder for Republican re-election efforts.

by Anonymousreply 293January 15, 2018 11:24 PM

Yes, it will definitely boost the Republican's chances.

by Anonymousreply 294January 15, 2018 11:25 PM

I would like to know who is financially backing Manning. Wouldn't be surprised if it is a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 295January 15, 2018 11:25 PM

She will lose the primary badly a couple months before the general elections across the country happen.

by Anonymousreply 296January 15, 2018 11:26 PM

Of course biology is real, R288. If you understood it, you'd be embarrassed.

by Anonymousreply 297January 15, 2018 11:47 PM

[quote]Of course biology is real, R288. If you understood it, you'd be embarrassed.

What a weird trans threat!

by Anonymousreply 298January 15, 2018 11:54 PM

[quote][R276] the word "marriage" refers to a non-living institution. Not comparable to words that are supposed to define a biological female.

I disagree to an extent. Words like “woman” and “she” define an immutable biological fact but also the connotations inherent within a sociocultural idea - or indeed institution - of woman-ness. Call this gender if you can manage not getting triggered.

[quote]The word "woman" and "she" refers to a living, breathing PERSON who has long been discriminated against by males due to having female sex organs.

Is the discrimination really about vaginas or is it about the sociocultural stuff?

[quote]How does one of those same males then decide he can apply the words "female" and "she" to himself? That by doing so he should be then given access to female spaces? It's the same arrogance displayed by Rachel Dolezal when she tried to redefine the word black to include herself.

With an innate dysphoric reaction to the gendered expression their biological sex. I don’t understand scientifically why this happens, but I understand that it is an awful feeling.

The word woman isn’t being redefined, it includes those who now fit the sociocultural definition - even if they once didn’t. That makes their experience different to biological women, but it doesn’t exclude them from the word. If you need to express that a women is a biological woman or a trans woman, feel free to do so (and you do in your next statement - so even you can learn new tricks). It’s not bigoted.

[quote]Where's the "human dignity" in allowing biological males to exert their privilege to corrupt words that defined and gave a voice to biological females and their experiences?

There is no human dignity in that and if it were actually happening, I wouldn’t stand for it.

by Anonymousreply 299January 16, 2018 12:29 PM

"The males you refer to are male by convention only."

Penises are not "conventions."

"Is the discrimination really about vaginas or is it about the sociocultural stuff?"

Why don't you ask the girls in northern Africa who are being subjected to FGM? Or the women in Texas and Alabama who are bring denied abortions? Or the Roma girls in Eastern Europe who are being married off at the age of 12? Or the barely-legal teen girls all over the world who are being trafficked into prostitution and pornography?

You know that it's "really about vaginas." You know that very well, but are being willfully ignorant so that you can get "Likes" from your latte-sipping, neo-liberal friends on social media and reassure yourself that you'll never, ever be called a "bigot." Your First World comfort is more important to you than the lives of millions of oppressed girls and women.

by Anonymousreply 300January 16, 2018 1:13 PM

The only good thing about the Obama pardon is that it saved American taxpayers the expense of paying for this jerk's "gender re-assignment" surgery and assorted hormones.

Trannies always say that "sex work" is liberating, so Mr. Manning needs to stay out of politics and start selling his asshole and dick to whatever tranny chasers want him. Perhaps, Julian Assange, when he's finally free from the Ecuadoran embassy, can get some boipussy. But, be careful Bradley, rumor has it Julian likes it rough AND bareback.

by Anonymousreply 301January 16, 2018 1:37 PM

No, R299. But that's sure a lot of bullshit that you wrote.

"Sociocultural stuff" is not what makes one a woman. Being female is a matter of biological sex, not "gendered expression."

by Anonymousreply 302January 16, 2018 1:42 PM

I hate the piece of shit Manning, but honestly some of these anti trans arguments don't make sense. Lots of homophobes to this day claim biology says that men and women are meant to be together and raise children, not two men, regardless of how they feel. People choosing to live life as another gender isn't unique to this country or even this era. There are may historical examples, why no just leave people be?

by Anonymousreply 303January 16, 2018 1:47 PM

Big Money Democrats will not go for this.

by Anonymousreply 304January 16, 2018 1:48 PM

He/She/It dirsht matter.

What matters is this:

Homophobic tard backed by Russians

by Anonymousreply 305January 16, 2018 1:50 PM

R304 almost no democrats will go for this. Manning will be destroyed

by Anonymousreply 306January 16, 2018 1:51 PM

Some Democrats will go for it R306, and that could be enough to keep his hat in the ring as a contender.

Being an unqualified dropout is not an obstacle either. Let's not forget Bradley Manning was almost a visiting professor at Harvard last fall.

by Anonymousreply 307January 16, 2018 1:56 PM

We can't just "leave them be", R303, because the Trans community overstepped. They are not saying they want to live life "like a woman." They are saying that they ARE women. That is a big difference and one with serious repercussions for gays, lesbians, women, children and the Intersex community.

by Anonymousreply 308January 16, 2018 2:01 PM

There will be some millennials and far left kooks R307. But this is a primary, millennials won't vote and the kooks won't even know their polling place

by Anonymousreply 309January 16, 2018 2:03 PM

What are the repercussions R308? I don't think trans people have ever affected my life in any way

by Anonymousreply 310January 16, 2018 2:04 PM

Such constant amateur gaslighting from the trannies

Why can’t you just leave us alone while we continually whine and harass you while demanding the world turn itself inside our for a smattering of loons?

by Anonymousreply 311January 16, 2018 2:07 PM

"What are the repercussions [R308]? I don't think trans people have ever affected my life in any way"

How nice that they haven't affected YOUR life. You're a man, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 312January 16, 2018 2:11 PM

I never heard a single one of my female friends ever mention trans people. If I had to guess, most of them would be all for it. I've only ever other heard gay men complain. Which makes me think they're anger is about something else.

by Anonymousreply 313January 16, 2018 2:16 PM

does it have a front bum yet?

by Anonymousreply 314January 16, 2018 2:18 PM

R313 brushes a mean wig

by Anonymousreply 315January 16, 2018 2:19 PM

R315 I just think it's weird. Prior to DL I had no opinion on trans people. It wasn't something I thought about, the hate here is so intense and I'm trying to understand it.

If I was trans myself, wouldn't I just be attacking you all instead of asking questions?

by Anonymousreply 316January 16, 2018 2:23 PM

It’s sad to think anyone is buying your faux concern

by Anonymousreply 317January 16, 2018 2:25 PM

You seriously seem unhinged

by Anonymousreply 318January 16, 2018 2:32 PM

You, Madame, ate no Charles Boyer

by Anonymousreply 319January 16, 2018 2:33 PM

"Prior to DL I had no opinion on trans people."

Prior to the destruction of Michfest, I thought that the vast majority of MTTs were formerly gay men. My reasoning was, "Hey, they're oppressed by the Patriarchy, too. Who cares if a few of them go to Michfest? We're all in this together, after all, and they're the LAST people who would ever sexually harass women." Then I discovered that about 80% of MTT are formerly straight men.

Not. The. Same. Thing.

by Anonymousreply 320January 16, 2018 2:34 PM

I'm sorry what's MTT??

by Anonymousreply 321January 16, 2018 2:35 PM

Mary Tyler Tyler

by Anonymousreply 322January 16, 2018 2:36 PM

Now we get the faux ignorance from R321

You aren’t auditioning hon, and I already got the part...

by Anonymousreply 323January 16, 2018 2:37 PM

Don't click and read unless you're prepared to puke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324January 16, 2018 4:07 PM

[Quote]If I had to speculate, Chelsea Manning had gender dysphoria living as Bradley. That’s a real diagnosis, and a treatment for adults with this diagnosis is transitioning.

Wrong, there is no such thing as "gender", only biological sex.

by Anonymousreply 325January 16, 2018 4:55 PM

Leave it to you sad lunatics to turn this into a transgender bashing fest.

by Anonymousreply 326January 16, 2018 5:00 PM

Why don't you tell me all about your medical credentials and authority on the subject, r325?

by Anonymousreply 327January 16, 2018 5:09 PM

[quote]What are the repercussions [R308]? I don't think trans people have ever affected my life in any way

R310 I'm not r308 but Manning is about to affect the whole state of Maryland by being a divisive force and a divisive candidate for a high public office for which they are totally unqualified and unfit.

Maybe a better word than repercussions would be pushback and it will be directed at the whole GLBT community if members of GLTB etc. organizations choose to vocally support this totally unfit loon out of a very misguided PC/pro-trans agenda.

This thread is not a trans bashing fest r326. Manning is unfit to serve for many reasons already discussed above. But see the original post where the OP wishes he lived in Maryland so he could vote for this "genuine American hero." Those types of voters are out there too.

I'm hoping democrats can pick up a few seats in the mid-term election but it's imperative they don't lose any. Chelsea Manning certainly isn't helping there and you bet your ass that does affect a lot more people's personal lives than just your own.

by Anonymousreply 328January 16, 2018 5:56 PM

R328 when I posted what you quoted I was responding to the large amounts of general attacks on all trans people. I have bashed Manning specifically plenty

by Anonymousreply 329January 16, 2018 6:07 PM

[quote]This thread is not a trans bashing fest [R326]. Manning is unfit to serve for many reasons already discussed above.

Um, okay.

These idiots aren't bashing the transgendered because Manning is unfit to serve?

Logic isn't your strong suit, is it sweetie?

by Anonymousreply 330January 16, 2018 7:23 PM

Manning is both unqualified as a candidate AND a hot tranny mess.

And, he's an unnecessary spoiler in a winnable race.

by Anonymousreply 331January 16, 2018 7:40 PM

Thanks, Obama!

by Anonymousreply 332January 16, 2018 7:45 PM

Manning's a tool of Putin just like Snowden and Assange and Greenwald. That's all you need to know about him. Putin's now inventing candidates not just supporting the ones, like Trump, who owe him billions.

by Anonymousreply 333January 16, 2018 8:01 PM

All the "LGBT" orgs, Regressive 'left', tumblr and twitter will be for "Chelsea." They will insist he be the candidate and attack the guy who has already been elected. Is every race going to be like this in the future? And Trump or Pence reigns forever? They deserve to lose if they engage in this stupidity.

I never understood Obama letting him out. Makes me wonder. Weren't the Rosenbergs executed for treason?

by Anonymousreply 334January 16, 2018 10:51 PM

R334 is a moron. I highly doubt any org will support manning. Senator Cardin has been a perfectly reliable democrat for gay rights and basically all other issues while Manning pulls the kind of attention they don't want

by Anonymousreply 335January 16, 2018 10:57 PM

She doesn't even look like she keeps a clean hole.

by Anonymousreply 336January 16, 2018 10:59 PM

[quote] Your First World comfort is more important to you than the lives of millions of oppressed girls and women.

Most places in the world are backwards shitholes, and they're not going to change. We have our own lives to live.

by Anonymousreply 337January 16, 2018 10:59 PM

I don't think Manning will rack up major endorsements or anything. Her candidacy is much like Al Sharpton's in 2004. She'll have a platform along with the right - vested upon her by the laws of our country - to run for elected office and call attention to her platform. I agree with r355. This won't go anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 338January 16, 2018 11:03 PM

She looks like Alice from the Brady Bunch.

by Anonymousreply 339January 16, 2018 11:05 PM

T is part of the plan to turn countries with gay rights into shitholes. T is favored over homosexuality in countries that kill or jail gay people.

by Anonymousreply 340January 16, 2018 11:07 PM

The Democratic Party should be fighting for every vote.

Have they never heard of an "upset victory by a razor slim margin"?

Manning won't win, but he could siphon off a small, yet decisive number of votes.

by Anonymousreply 341January 16, 2018 11:11 PM

There should have been no pardon for Bradley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342January 16, 2018 11:16 PM

Beloved "left" site calls Manning "heroic" and says Cardin put out a report that is a "jihad against Russia' and "should be challenged"

The loudest part of the left will be 100% for "Chelsea."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343January 16, 2018 11:17 PM

R343 Bradley/Britney/Chelsey looks almost pretty with all that facepaint and clever camera angle to disguise that awful bone sticking out of the front of his/her neck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344January 16, 2018 11:26 PM

I cannot believe Bradley/Chelsea didn't get a dishonorable discharge from the military for acting so bugfuck crazy. This was before he leaked the documents, he was fucking NUTS from day one in the military. So what did they do? Put him within access of top-secret materials. WTF were they thinking?

by Anonymousreply 345January 17, 2018 12:25 AM

[quote] Bradley/Britney/Chelsey looks almost pretty with all that facepaint and clever camera angle

How demoralizing must it be for those woman who look at Bradley and realize he is the hotter chick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346January 17, 2018 12:51 AM

R346 Delicious!!

by Anonymousreply 347January 17, 2018 12:56 AM

R346 you really need to go back to Breitbart where you are understood. Here, you're just a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 348January 17, 2018 1:17 AM

R347 you really need to go back to your sassy high school where you can use as much off-topic ebonic language as you want, OK.

Anyway, I'll just add that a vote for Bradley/Britney/Chelsey is a wasted vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349January 17, 2018 1:37 AM

R327 It's called science, hun. Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 350January 17, 2018 1:51 PM

I never had much against Sarsour before now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351January 17, 2018 7:16 PM

The Daily Wire!

by Anonymousreply 352January 17, 2018 7:26 PM

Sarsour's an SJW. She's not progressive, she's a whackjob.

by Anonymousreply 353January 17, 2018 7:29 PM

I bet you that the Unitarian pastor Corey Booker doesn't like weirdo Bradley/Britney/Chelsey spoiling the Democratic fight.

by Anonymousreply 354January 17, 2018 11:22 PM

Trannie Traitior , who cares

by Anonymousreply 355January 17, 2018 11:27 PM

I bet he'd suck a lot of BBC to get the minority vote.

by Anonymousreply 356January 17, 2018 11:37 PM

Of course Sansour will support Manning. He's a traitor. Sansour and Manning, etc are making the Dems unelectable which is sad because a party is needed to fight for healthcare, the environment, and the working class.

PS: There is a war on language now. A man is not a woman. And those supporting anti-progressive ideas and policies (i.e. Manning and Sansour) are not "progressive"

by Anonymousreply 357January 17, 2018 11:46 PM

I'm sure Manning is a Putin stalking horse. Sansour may be as well. Hire people to infiltrate progressives who, as we know, are far too politically correct to criticize a trans or a Muslim woman and...voila!

by Anonymousreply 358January 18, 2018 12:23 AM

[quote] I'm sure Manning is a Putin stalking horse. Sansour may be as well.

Watch your manners. Both of them are very strong candidates for speechmakers at the 2020 dem convention.

by Anonymousreply 359January 18, 2018 12:29 AM

[quote]Watch your manners. Both of them are very strong candidates for speechmakers at the 2020 dem convention.

Ugh.

New parties needed.

Political parties don't last forever.

by Anonymousreply 360January 18, 2018 12:36 AM

The new parties thing is juvenile. The problem is the voters and followers. Not semi mystical parties. People can group themselves and call themselves whatever they want, unless they change the views we end up in the same place

by Anonymousreply 361January 18, 2018 12:41 AM

No, I really think the Democratic Party and the Republican party are dead or dying. I am not talking about "mystical parties" [?] or the lunatic fringe.

I think there is a hunger for basic parties that are not corrupt and will actually represent the citizens and support policies that are useful for the country.

Political parties die. They do not last forever. It has always been that way in politics. We are at one of those times.

by Anonymousreply 362January 18, 2018 12:48 AM

When I saw mystical parties I mean the idea that the Dem party is some veiled machinery that has all this power. It's a collection of interest groups that decide to work together. Like the Human Right Campaign, Planned Parenthood, Emilys List, unions, etc. The only way the Dem party "dies" is if those groups all simultaneously stopped working together.

The Dem party as some massive entity that overrides it's voters to do what it wants doesn't exist. No party works that way

by Anonymousreply 363January 18, 2018 12:54 AM

Also, what I think you're calling corruption (that politicians take money from rich people and also vote for corporate interests) exists in every political on earth and has for literally thousands of years. All sides just accuse their enemies of it when they can. That's also as old as dirt.

by Anonymousreply 364January 18, 2018 1:00 AM

[quote] Human Right Campaign, Planned Parenthood, Emilys List, unions, etc.

These have all been corrupted now and are actively working against their original (genuinely progressive) aims

by Anonymousreply 365January 18, 2018 1:07 AM

Yes, there is money corruption, which always exists to some degree, but when it becomes quite visible and huge that is when they start throwing people out, arresting people etc.

In addition to this the "socio" groups within the party have all been corrupted, too, or infiltrated and are now working against their original aims.

by Anonymousreply 366January 18, 2018 1:09 AM

Emily's List isn't endorsing and fundraising for female candidates? Planned Parenthood isn't providing low cost women's healthcare and family planning services? Unions aren't bargaining for higher wages and more workplace protections?

Oh please. Just because they may not be doing what you want them to do does not mean they aren't following their mission.

by Anonymousreply 367January 18, 2018 1:15 AM

HRC is promoting aggressive homophobia, Emily List endorses sexist men now, Planned Parenthood is using anti-women jargon and unions have been corrupt for decades

Their original aims were good, but they have been infiltrated and are not against their original aims.

by Anonymousreply 368January 18, 2018 1:30 AM

Are NOW against their original aims

They have become the enemy

by Anonymousreply 369January 18, 2018 1:30 AM

Who is the deranged lunatic trying to convince anyone corruption isn’t a problem and political parties should never be turned over?

by Anonymousreply 370January 18, 2018 2:31 AM

I said what you CALL corruption isn't a problem. It's always existed. All progress ever made as a society has happened alongside it. So I don't think it's reasonable to argue it's causing some unique problems now.

On parties, I'm saying they don't exist in the way you think they do. Thus there in no way to "turn them over" no one in modern times got in a room a decided what the democratic coalition would be. Lots of various groups with different goals just choose to cooperate and pool resources. That's the only way any party works. The green party is small because not that many people choose to cooperate with them, for example

by Anonymousreply 371January 18, 2018 2:45 AM

You are very naive

by Anonymousreply 372January 18, 2018 3:24 AM

Yes, it's naive to believe say there aren't secret democrat overlords pulling the strings and controlling millions of people without them knowing.

by Anonymousreply 373January 18, 2018 11:05 AM

[quote]Sarsour's an SJW. She's not progressive, she's a whackjob.

No, Sarsour is most certainly not a "whackjob". She is a shrewd public manipulator, attention whore and media tool, someone the agendaed media can promote with the subliminal message "There ARE "progressive" Muslims".

by Anonymousreply 374January 18, 2018 11:33 AM

His campaign has begun!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375January 18, 2018 11:37 AM

# We Got This......

# No, You Haven't Got This

# Yes We Can…

# Yes We Go Voted Out

by Anonymousreply 376January 18, 2018 11:45 AM

Manning SJW wing of the Democratic Party. Regressive and guaranteed to keep GOP in power forever. Will not win in MD but will be picked up and used by GOP against Dems everywhere. Thanks Obama!

by Anonymousreply 377January 18, 2018 11:58 AM

Obama thought he could cement already loyal GLBT voters to the Dems by pardoning Mannning. He and Hilary both were tone deaf on gay issues. That, and the extreme form of SJW identity politics, have had really bad unintended consequences, no the least was the election of Trump. Obama is not the political genius he's thought to be.

by Anonymousreply 378January 18, 2018 12:20 PM

^ Yes! Obama's simple-mindedness naivety made the people vote for Trump.

I remember Hitchens noting that Obama's simple-minded monosyllabic election slogan "Yes We Can" was suitable for the dumbest of our people.

by Anonymousreply 379January 18, 2018 12:27 PM

Nonetheless, I voted for Obama twice. But that electoral model, that coalition, is not th answer.

by Anonymousreply 380January 18, 2018 12:41 PM

I'm With It.

by Anonymousreply 381January 18, 2018 12:42 PM

Many "trans women" panhandle online for feminizing vocal training and/or vocal chord surgery.

Bradley should follow their lead.

by Anonymousreply 382January 18, 2018 2:00 PM

YES!

The party that insists on superdelegates has no interest in manipulating things behind closed doors!

by Anonymousreply 383January 18, 2018 2:12 PM

You're a child R383, who needs a boogeyman for the world to make sense to you, because its hard for you to conceive of something more complicated.

by Anonymousreply 384January 18, 2018 2:38 PM

You are a lunatic shill who needs to wildly exaggerate because your points are ridiculous

Pointing out entrenched corruption that circumvents the will of the rank and file has absolutely nothing to do with needing a ‘boogeyman’ to explain the world

by Anonymousreply 385January 18, 2018 3:03 PM

The campaign ad reveals the ploy. This is a big play for media attention, much like Trump's campaign.

by Anonymousreply 386January 18, 2018 3:08 PM

Again, this "corruption" you're talking about has always existed. How have all other laws passed? The rank and file is getting exactly what they are voting for. You are mad because it's not what YOU want, you need to grow up and get over it. There is not powerful group of secret brokers. Parties are large groups of people doing whatever they want but largely choosing to cooperate. That's fact even if it doesn't give you something to rage over.

by Anonymousreply 387January 18, 2018 3:08 PM

The situation with healthcare is getting worse every day. This hasn't "always existed."

Having gay groups and women's groups being taken over by those who are anti-gay and anti-women has not "always existed."

You want to argue for some sort of benign corruption, but that is not what we are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 388January 18, 2018 3:14 PM

Stop misgendering me!!!

by Anonymousreply 389January 18, 2018 3:21 PM

R388 I'm sorry these groups aren't making the choices you would make if you ran them but that's irrelevant. A group like HRC only has power as long it has both large and small donors along with volunteers and followers on social media. The fact that it still has all those things means its doing just fine, whether you agree with it's choices or not.

by Anonymousreply 390January 18, 2018 3:22 PM

R390 : HRC continues to survive because a certain degree of charitable giving is on "auto-pilot."

For instance, I have women in my family affected by breast cancer, so I would always put a little check into the pink envelope once a year because I wanted to do something for "women's health" and that was the brand. Then, when the revelations about the Susan Komen Foundation came out, many people woke up and started questioning their donations and support.

Trans and queer groups used to be a minor annoyance but of little consequence to large "LGBTQ" organizations. Now, it seems that TQ demands are paramount and gays are in the back seat, forced to implicitly co-sign their insane (and often homophobic and misogynistic) list of demands.

by Anonymousreply 391January 18, 2018 3:33 PM

R390, this isn't about me. It is about taking organizations started by gay people, and supported for years by money from gay men and lesbians and turning them into an anti-gay men and anti-lesbian group. That is NOT 'irrelevant.' That is a political attack and it is fraud. And they are promoting harm now.

by Anonymousreply 392January 18, 2018 3:34 PM

Yes, donations are on auto-pilot. They want you donate monthly by credit card or automatic out of accounts so you forget about it, or start losing your memory and do not notice.

And not everyone knows about the political change to these organizations because the are not being told about it by the media.

by Anonymousreply 393January 18, 2018 3:38 PM

Look I'm not really hear to defend HRC and don't really care much about this internal trans drama. If what you're saying is really as big an issue as you both believe than HRC will fall all on its own. Again, it has no power if people stop supporting it. No political group does

by Anonymousreply 394January 18, 2018 3:38 PM

Why even transition at all if he's still gonna dress like Liz Lemon?

by Anonymousreply 395January 18, 2018 4:05 PM

R375 #WeGotThis... is Manning referring to him and herself or to itself and Vlad Putin?

by Anonymousreply 396January 18, 2018 4:37 PM

[quote] Look I'm not really hear to defend HRC and don't really care much about this internal trans drama.

You should care if you care about the future of gay people.

by Anonymousreply 397January 18, 2018 4:38 PM

You think he dresses like Liz Lemon?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398January 18, 2018 4:40 PM

If you want my personal opinion, I think now that gay marriage is legalized, long term, gays will be fine. It's just a matter of the oldest generation slowly dying off. But plenty of children will grow up and go to school with friends who had two daddies or two moms.

And I don't think trans people are destroying the movement. There are certainly some really obnoxious ones but I find them easy enough to ignore. I know plenty of gays who I think are obnoxious on social media, like calling all straight white people bigots. I know some obnoxious black civil rights activists like Al Sharpton. I support all of these groups strongly even though there are bad eggs.

by Anonymousreply 399January 18, 2018 4:43 PM

The HRC accomplished nothing, took big salaries and credit for everything . Everything gays won was at the local and state level, in the streets, or via the courts. Name one thing the HRC did.

by Anonymousreply 400January 18, 2018 5:52 PM

As I said at R394 I have no interest in defending the HRC and don't really care about them or people's grievances against them. I generally believe if there's a real problem with it, it will sort itself out somehow. Either HRC will change or lose its supporters. But I don't see the point in arguing with people over it.

by Anonymousreply 401January 18, 2018 5:56 PM

Well, R399, many Gays and Lesbians strongly disagree with you and think that the Trans agenda is destroying the Gay Rights Movement.

But, by all means, continue to live in your bubble where you can ignore the obnoxious bad egg Trannies. The rest of us will continue fighting for the rights of Gays, Lesbians, women and children.

by Anonymousreply 402January 18, 2018 6:00 PM

The only anti trans gays I've ever personally come across were here on DL. Sorry

by Anonymousreply 403January 18, 2018 6:06 PM

^ That's because other media is run by sentimental virtue-signalling fools who think trannies are poor misunderstood puppies

by Anonymousreply 404January 18, 2018 6:09 PM

^ Those people rise to positions of power in the media because they seem sane, why many of the anti-trans people on here seem unhinged

by Anonymousreply 405January 18, 2018 6:16 PM

Most people avoid expressing negative opinions in public, about trans and everything else.

by Anonymousreply 406January 18, 2018 10:39 PM

^ And most people are happy to avoid freaks.

by Anonymousreply 407January 18, 2018 10:51 PM

^ But unfortunately this freak is using OTHER PEOPLE's money to force ordinary people to have to acknowledge something freaky that they're usually happy to avoid.

by Anonymousreply 408January 18, 2018 10:53 PM

All of the gays I know in real life are generally pro trans when it comes to bathrooms, pronouns, etc, but really just don't seem to be that energized by the issue one way or the other. For what it's worth this include the only two lesbians I talk to. DL blew me away when I first stumbled on to this topic and to this day I still don't understand reaction here at all.

by Anonymousreply 409January 18, 2018 10:55 PM

Btw when I say "this topic" I mean trans issues in general. Not this thread specifically. I hate Manning as much as anyone here

by Anonymousreply 410January 18, 2018 10:58 PM

I can't name one trans leader who I trust at the local level (NYC) or at the national level (USA.)

The elevation of Manning makes perfect sense.

by Anonymousreply 411January 18, 2018 11:04 PM

What size does he wear? I have a ton of pantsuits I'm not using anymore.

by Anonymousreply 412January 18, 2018 11:48 PM

She's kind of cute.

by Anonymousreply 413January 18, 2018 11:56 PM

He weas 6x

by Anonymousreply 414January 19, 2018 12:18 AM

People who have dealt with the "gender non-conforming" etc children before this trans push said the vast majority turned out to be gay and others had anxiety issues. Now they are transing them. You don't care, and do not think this will have an effect on gay existence in the near future? You are either an indifferent T or very stupid (or both).

by Anonymousreply 415January 19, 2018 12:20 AM

I'm pretty sure people who want to identify as gay men will continue to do so and people who want to identify as trans women (I genuinely don't know if you call them gay or straight or what they call themselves) will continue to do so and I don't think there's anything anyone could do to change that. So might as well get over it.

by Anonymousreply 416January 19, 2018 12:44 AM

I agree with your line of thinking, R416. You can't force people to accept men as women or women as men. Some will. Some won't. Might as well get over it and move on.

by Anonymousreply 417January 19, 2018 12:49 AM

We are not talking about adults, R416. They are wiping out a generation of minors. Child abuse, gay cleanse, anxious kids are being declared "trans" - kids are not crossdressers with a fetish or transsexuals. This will wipe out a few generations and the backlash against 'LGbTQ' will be enormous.

by Anonymousreply 418January 19, 2018 12:58 AM

^This is why I said anti trans gays on here sound unhinged

by Anonymousreply 419January 19, 2018 1:16 AM

I do believe it is a form of child abuse. To say it will "wipe out a few generations" is hyperbole but I understand that some people are particularly sensitive when children are mistreated.

It certainly will ruin lives. If any of these kids sue and I'm on the jury they will have my full support.

by Anonymousreply 420January 19, 2018 1:21 AM

^ I think some of the kids in Britain have sued.

We don't pay attention to the smuttiness in the British Daily Mail because we're American and snobs. But British teen kids can get the NHS to pay for free gender-neutering so there's been a many cases of genital removal and many cases of Post-Surgical Regret.

by Anonymousreply 421January 19, 2018 1:25 AM

R421, I've never heard of an American child who was transitioned at a very young by their parents suing. I assume it's because it is still too early for that to happen.

The "I Am Jazz" show gives the impression that Jazz is basically among the first kids who were given blockers and then hormones at a very young age. Jazz is only 17. I wouldn't think these kids would even think of suing until they move out from living with their parents and live on their own for several years.

The only child I've seen as shown regretting blockers and hormones was that 14-year old Australian boy.

by Anonymousreply 422January 19, 2018 1:32 AM

^ Like I said, we Americans are too snobbish to read the English 'Daily Mail'.

It has lots of ugly stories about the ugly side of human life to which the respectable papers turn a blind eye.

by Anonymousreply 423January 19, 2018 1:48 AM

That's true, R423. I've learned a lot about America from the Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 424January 19, 2018 1:50 AM

It has lots of ugly stories about the ugly side of human life to which the respectable papers exercise a 𝑝𝑜𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑐𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑡 b̶l̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶y̶e̶ censorship.

Fixed it for ya.

by Anonymousreply 425January 19, 2018 1:54 AM

So trans people, who can't even get bathroom laws they want, have taken complete control of the media??

This is like reading the deplorables talk about their Jewish conspiracies.

by Anonymousreply 426January 19, 2018 2:01 AM

They haven't taken control of the Daily Mail, R426. That's where I read the story of the 14-year old Australian boy. U.S. newspapers didn't touch it as far as I can tell.

by Anonymousreply 427January 19, 2018 2:11 AM

Watch the trans outrage on DL just turn out to be a extremely well done viral marketing campaign for the Daily Mail

by Anonymousreply 428January 19, 2018 2:13 AM

The Daily Mail also published the account of the NYC Mt. Sinai doctor who does trans surgeries. He expressed his concern about the rise of surgery regret.

That story too remained mostly untouched by U.S. newspapers. I always look to see if the U.S. newspapers end up printing the stories in the Daily Mail. It's very eye opening.

by Anonymousreply 429January 19, 2018 2:16 AM

930% Rise In Child Gender Identity Referrals from 2010 to 2016. That is just in a few years. And none of them are legitimate. There are no child fetishists or transsexuals. We know who is getting roped into this. It started with people in their early teens, then it went to older teenagers, then it went to pre-pubescent children and now toddlers are being "diagnosed." That is more than one generation being abused in this homophobic, sexist trans push. That is just in a few years, in one country. This has NEVER been done before in the history of humankind. We are supposed to dismiss as nothing, and if anyone one talks about it then that person is "unhinged.'

T logic is always 1984.

by Anonymousreply 430January 19, 2018 2:16 AM

"Deplorable" is what this T push is doing to minors. Child abuse.

by Anonymousreply 431January 19, 2018 2:18 AM

Is there a subscription deal or trial offer?

by Anonymousreply 432January 19, 2018 2:19 AM

I have to read a few newspapers nowadays because most of them are censoring stories according to their political agenda.

by Anonymousreply 433January 19, 2018 2:22 AM

Men aren't women, R432.

Is Pharma Inc trying to sell something here? Pfizer?GlaxoSmithKline?

by Anonymousreply 434January 19, 2018 2:25 AM

[quote] She should start off lower on the rung at a state or local office.

[quote] If she was interested in making actual change she'd run for smaller elections and get some experience before jumping straight to Senate.

I agree with R4 and R67. In the private sector, you need to demonstrate relevant experience in order to seriously be considered for any meaningful job. Why should experience be waived before taking on an important job like Senatrice? Couldn't she be Alderwoman first?

by Anonymousreply 435January 19, 2018 2:35 AM

I can't think of any recent Senator who punched a woman in the face and was able to win public office. I think those days are over.

by Anonymousreply 436January 19, 2018 2:40 AM

LGBTQ media has never reported on Manning's documented history of violence against women, and lesbian bashing in particular. Are there no lesbians at HuffPost Queer Voices, the Advocate, Pink News, etc. who find it "problematic."?

I also guarantee "feminist" sites like Jezebel will never confront the truth, or question, Manning's violent misogyny. Like good dogs, they've been trained to be pro-trans. Failure to do so will result in violent threats, stalking, and non-stop harassment from trans-women and their mindless allies.

A top female LGBTQ civil rights attorney (who identifies as a queer/trans man) raised over $175K to "Welcome Home Chelsea." They met and exceeded the goal because there continues to be a big ol' pot of "pink" dollars with no direction and no scruples.

Manning, in all likelihood, will not win the election, but will be a major drain in both focus and funding that could cause an upset victory for Republics, losing a potentially safe Democratic seat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437January 19, 2018 3:23 AM

I agree 100%, R437

by Anonymousreply 438January 19, 2018 3:25 AM

he's full of hate because he is small

by Anonymousreply 439January 19, 2018 3:26 AM

More like Chelsea Manlet.

by Anonymousreply 440January 19, 2018 9:16 AM

Geez, the guy is bipolar and obviously is not levelheaded enough for the job.

by Anonymousreply 441January 19, 2018 9:38 AM

R439 Yes, he's tiny. And his voice has the persuasive subtlety of a penguin.

by Anonymousreply 442January 19, 2018 10:14 AM

He/She has all the sex appeal of Timothee Chalomait.

None.

by Anonymousreply 443January 19, 2018 10:33 AM

[quote] trans-women and their [bold]mindless allies[/bold]

That pretty much captures the crux of the issue. LGBT organizations fall in line with the trans agenda -- whatever that may include -- because they are not interested in pushing back and are too scared to have a fight. Many LGB folks just assume, uncritically, that they should go along with whatever HRC and the national organizations suggest. Other than in private conversations, DL is the only place that people are willing to express a healthy skepticism about buying into everything that the trans community is peddling.

Everyone should be able to agree that no one should be subject to any violence for living their life as they see fit. And, no one should be discriminated against for matters such as housing or employment for who they are. Simple enough. But then you then move into other, trickier areas where there is a clash of rights that are not as easily capable of solution. So, women's locker rooms, women's sports teams, women's homeless shelters, for example. What people resent is the directive to "just get over it" and "get with the program" because this is the 21st century and we support "trans rights." But, what does that really mean?

Moving beyond that is this whole notion that the rest of society, gay, lesbian, bi, and straight, have to begin labeling themselves as "cis" for some unexplained reason and should be displaying for everyone to see (how "woke" they are) their "pronouns."

Add into that is the insidious takeover of LGBT organizations that transform themselves -- in conformity with their new leadership -- into being principally about trans issues and visibility. And the companion piece to that is the rewriting of LGBT history to elevate the trans community into the most prominent position and the de-emphasis of people who are LGB.

Finally is the bizarre notion that we are supposed to be encouraging -- indeed applauding -- young children -- kids who are too young to vote, drink, marry, or give sexual consent -- to change their "gender" or "sex" (pick your term).

These are debates we should be having but likely never will because to question any piece of this agenda is to be labeled a bigot.

by Anonymousreply 444January 19, 2018 11:01 AM

R444 I think you raise MANY good points on some of the thornier. But when a half dozen of people who agree with you are on here calling trans people "freaks" and saying things like they will wipe put all gays, not only can you not take them seriously, it really puts their motives of "looking out for women" in doubt. It seems like common everyday intolerance. which many just have little patience for.

by Anonymousreply 445January 19, 2018 11:14 AM

Well, I agree R445 that we have to filter out those voices who are not adding anything of substance to the discussion. But, we can't let some people derail any debate because that ultimately doesn't help anyone.

by Anonymousreply 446January 19, 2018 11:19 AM

R446 I agree with you in theory, I would love if there was a debate on trans issues had in good faith. Sports teams and locker rooms (where you have to be naked for an extended period of time, not just pop in and out) in particular I think there's room for some restrictions.

But the motives piece is a big deal. For example I think there are republicans with some good commensense ideas on improving immigration policy. Maybe we shouldn't have a diversity visa lottery. But I also know the overwhelming amount of republican sentiment on immigration is driven by racism, which makes me loathe to give them a seat at the table.

by Anonymousreply 447January 19, 2018 11:24 AM

^ You say you're loathe to give them a seat at the tablet but do you want Open Borders?

by Anonymousreply 448January 19, 2018 11:44 AM

^ Not the point and not the place to argue this. Was just giving an example of how bad motives can hurt reasonable arguments

by Anonymousreply 449January 19, 2018 11:53 AM

R445...you are being very one-sided in your view of who gets a seat at the discussion table. There have been many, many thoughtful posts on people's concerns and disagreements with Trans ideology. And yet, we often then get attacked and threads gets removed. For even writing this post, I will be FF'd. And yet all you see is Gays and Lesbians being "intolerant." Interesting...

Many of us here feel that the Trans moment is absolutely destroying the gay community. That we are being silenced. That our organizations are being taken over. That our history is being rewritten. That young gay and lesbian kids are being Transed. And that the very concept of homosexuality...of biological sex and sexual orientation itself...is being reframed through the lens of "Gender"...which has serious repercussions for Gays, Lesbians, women and children.

Nobody needs your approval. I seriously doubt you're Gay/Lesbian. And you obviously don't want a debate in good faith. (But kind of you to offer up the crumb of sports teams and locker rooms.)

by Anonymousreply 450January 19, 2018 2:19 PM

To me, if you are arguing that trans people are bringing about the apocalyptic end to gay culture, that is far from a "debate in good faith"

by Anonymousreply 451January 19, 2018 2:28 PM

If someone's focus is "gay culture" that's sufficient reason for that person. But at the end of the day there is a much more fundamental issue in play. And too many governments and major institutions are on the wrong side..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452January 19, 2018 2:52 PM

You're literally arguing against trans people freely right now, with no one hindering you in any way?? How is Orwell relevant?

by Anonymousreply 453January 19, 2018 3:04 PM

Just like Caitlyn/Bruce, Chelsea changed its gender so that the law would take pity on it.

by Anonymousreply 454January 19, 2018 3:10 PM

When people who have worked with the kids said 80% and 90% usually turn out to be gay but are now being transed, (and the rest with anxiety issues) that is rather serious, certainly for these young people and for gay existence in general.

T always comes on here to deny what is being done to kids, to dismiss it, or to minimize it.

by Anonymousreply 455January 19, 2018 3:12 PM

"You're literally arguing against trans people freely right now, with no one hindering you in any way??"

Anonymously. On Datalounge.

And arguing against a regressive, harmful ideology is NOT "arguing against trans people."

by Anonymousreply 456January 19, 2018 3:13 PM

LMAO it is your choice to argue anonymously from datalouge. right wing people argue against trans people on twitter everyday.

by Anonymousreply 457January 19, 2018 3:18 PM

Not all of those opposed to the transgenda are right wing!!! I’m slightly to the left of center. But I want a voice to speak for cisgender gays and lesbians. The transgenda seeks to muffle that voice!!! It’s not about sharing with them-their leadership is like sexual kudzu, eating and suffocating instead of aligning and sharing and living in harmony. MTF moreso than FTM, but still problematic.

by Anonymousreply 458January 19, 2018 3:28 PM

You need meds man

by Anonymousreply 459January 19, 2018 3:54 PM

Maybe if the face of the trans movement wasn't two dumbass attention whores like Jenner and Manning, they would have a better public image.

by Anonymousreply 460January 19, 2018 4:45 PM

The trans agenda IS right-wing. Extreme right wing- homophobic, sexist, extreme anti-gay conversion therapy. That is all extreme right-wing.

by Anonymousreply 461January 19, 2018 5:52 PM

T is anti-science. That is like the crazy right-wing fundies.

by Anonymousreply 462January 19, 2018 5:53 PM

trans people argue against gay and lesbian people on twitter everyday. Trans , like the right wingers are anti-gay and anti-women. T attack women with rape and death threats.

by Anonymousreply 463January 19, 2018 5:58 PM

I could be wrong but I don't think women fantasise about strangling little girls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464January 19, 2018 6:03 PM

[quote]These are debates we should be having but likely never will because to question any piece of this agenda is to be labeled a bigot.

I think that might be about to change r444. And good post overall by the way.

Bradley Manning was court martialed and convicted of treason. He himself cited his gender identity issues as the reason for his unfitness to serve and sometimes violent behavior even at the lowest level of military service. I can't even begin to imagine what sort of mental issues cause Manning or anyone else to think Manning is mentally fit to hold public office. And that doesn't even begin to address Manning's complete lack of education, work experience or judgement skills.

This discussion can't be silenced forever. r460 also raises a good point although rather tactlessly that the "celebrity" faces of trans being pushed are all pretty questionable and generally attention seeking.

Bradley/Chelsea Manning is a case in point. He/she should have been discharged from military service long before it got to the point of treason but instead the commanding officers took the easier politically correct route of trying to deal with the issues internally and providing tax payer funded gender identity therapy.

The only thing that accomplished was to emboldened Manning to think he/she was some sort of celebrity hero and remotely qualified for high political office. The fact that he is doing it under the rainbow flag is disturbing and makes a good case for why gender identity issues should be separated from gay and lesbian rights to equal treatment under the law.

by Anonymousreply 465January 19, 2018 7:41 PM

Why was he even let into the army?

by Anonymousreply 466January 19, 2018 8:03 PM

R466 judging from him and Snowden, they'll take anybody.

by Anonymousreply 467January 19, 2018 10:33 PM

Snowden was actually a top student, with a sharp mind for building (and subverting) computer networks.

Pvt Bradley Manning was a fuck up from day one and he gained entry to the military at a time when they were looking for warm bodies to fill the ranks.

by Anonymousreply 468January 19, 2018 10:37 PM

R468 pity they didn't use him as cannon fodder

by Anonymousreply 469January 19, 2018 11:19 PM

Wow. A lot of bitter dykes in this thread. You're all so threatened by Chelsea's womanhood. What have any of you contributed to our great country? It's time to grow up. Transphobia won't be tolerated in society anymore.

by Anonymousreply 470January 19, 2018 11:45 PM

They have gone from crossdressing to "transwoman" to now claiming to have "womanhood."

by Anonymousreply 471January 19, 2018 11:53 PM

R471 Trans women have everything cis women have. They're even close to being able to conceive.

by Anonymousreply 472January 19, 2018 11:56 PM

Conceive what? Baby dragons?

by Anonymousreply 473January 19, 2018 11:58 PM

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 474January 20, 2018 12:01 AM

R473 Children.

Why don't fags ever run for higher office?

by Anonymousreply 475January 20, 2018 12:02 AM

Stop trying to derail this discussion r470. This has nothing to do with Manning's "womanhood." It's about them being clearly unfit for public office.

by Anonymousreply 476January 20, 2018 12:03 AM

R476 How is she unfit for office? Chelsea isn't a career politician. She's a patriot who put her life on the line for this country. When has a gay man or woman ever done that?

by Anonymousreply 477January 20, 2018 12:06 AM

Poor Linda...A Cunt with No Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 478January 20, 2018 12:39 AM

R477 she's a whackjob who attacked her superior officer and called her a dyke. She's a fucking high school dropout. She's a joke. A patriot? Only if you're a Russian, Igor.

by Anonymousreply 479January 20, 2018 1:25 AM

[quote] These are debates we should be having but likely never will because to question any piece of this agenda is to be labeled a bigot.

[quote] I think that might be about to change R444. And good post overall by the way.

Thank you, R465, but I'm curious as to why you believe that the debate is about to change. I don't really see that. I feel as if I am on the front lines of this struggle, being actively involved in the leadership of an LGBT organization where the encroaching trans takeover looms larger all the time. What I see is a very perverse twist -- the trans community wants to be separate AND equal. They want their own exclusively trans-focused organizations and events -- OK, I get that -- and they want to have an equal [bold] [italic] or greater role [/bold] [/italic] in LGBT organizations, with the results often coming at the expense of the LGB segments of the community.

I see us hurtling on a collision course toward some sort of a conflict, but I don't see anyone willing to have a debate or discussion about the thorny issues I outlined above. I have tried to force a discussion over the fact that some of us do not appreciate being labeled as "cis," and we should ALL respect how other people want to be named instead of just labeling people without their permission. The result: stone-cold silence and a shrug of the shoulders. No discussion. No debate. Just "too bad that you don't like the term 'cis.' Get with the program."

Try to have a talk about any of the other issues -- kids, locker rooms, LGBT history -- and you get shut down in a heartbeat.

Where are you seeing hopeful signs of change?

by Anonymousreply 480January 20, 2018 4:44 AM

Ten years ago, I could understand people not understanding the problems of T attached to LGB, but now it is completely obvious. The L&G who do not want to talk about it must be dumb and completely brainwashed.

I think this T business is the biggest brainwashing exercise I have ever seen in my life.

by Anonymousreply 481January 20, 2018 11:16 AM

This man talks about the doctrinaire transvestites

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482January 20, 2018 12:31 PM

This is an excellent book on the subject of "transgender" if anyone is interesting. Clear, intelligent writing. Brilliant analysis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483January 20, 2018 12:49 PM

[quote] The L&G who do not want to talk about it must be dumb and completely brainwashed.

I don't think that is exactly true, R481. Because there has been no widespread discussion or debate, people are woefully under-informed on these issues. It is not so much brainwashing as it not giving the matter any thought and just going along, because it is "the thing to do." And, we're all part of one community, right? Right?

It is really has been brilliantly devious when you think about it. A few years ago trans folks pushed LGBT organizations and they met with a measure of success. Then they pushed some more, and met with more success and almost no resistance. So, they kept on pushing. The organizations, fearing any backlash, forfeited debate on the wisdom of any of these issues, and so everyone has just gone along, because it is "the thing to do." And, we're all part of one community, right? Right?

At some point I would expect people to wake up and say, "maybe we should talk about some of this."

by Anonymousreply 484January 20, 2018 1:21 PM

They don't allow talk or consideration of what it all means. That is the only way they can push their insanity through.

A tactic that others use.

by Anonymousreply 485January 20, 2018 1:27 PM

I know that there is a pressure for groupthink, but...

I don't get how a gay man or a lesbian can watch these news reports about "transgender children" about children who played with the "wrong toy" for their sex or seem a little gay and are put on the road to trans.

Even if you did not discuss these issues like we do on DL, wouldn't you realize from your own personal experience that that is being done out of obvious homophobia and sexism and that the kid isn't being given the time to live his own life? And as a minor is not aware or truly consenting to it? How can a gay man or lesbian watch "Jazz" and not see the obvious problems? (based in homophobia and sexism)?

by Anonymousreply 486January 20, 2018 1:38 PM

R484, don't forget the role of money in all this. Without trans issues, the big LGBT organisations wouldn't have much of a reason to exist anymore, or at least they would have to scale back considerably, now that most of the big legal battles for gay rights have been fought and won (before anyone jumps on me, I said most).

That's antithetical to the capitalist imperative of these groups and especially the career activists who run them. Trans is their next big cash cow: keeps the money flowing in from sponsors (incl. Big Pharma), for endless legal battles to be fought over bathrooms, prisons, sports; for 'education' for every business in the country in the correct way to avoid offending your trans and non-binary employees (spoiler: you can't), and especially as 'advocates' for the ever growing number of children diagnosed as 'trans', most of whom if left alone would turn out to be healthy gay and lesbian adults.

by Anonymousreply 487January 20, 2018 4:40 PM

A quick question for anyone in Maryland ...

Is there an active Dem organization for women which cultivates and endorses female politicians statewide?

We've seen many "trans women" run for office and take the precious few spots available to real women (such as Liam/Lily Madigan for Labor UK, Anthony/Danica Roem for Virginia Democrats to name a couple of MTFs who were elected last year.)

I really want to see the "intersectional feminists" of Maryland ditch all of the hardworking experienced women of the state in favor of "Ms." Manning.

by Anonymousreply 488January 20, 2018 5:24 PM

[quote] I really want to see the "intersectional feminists" of Maryland ditch all of the hardworking experienced women of the state in favor of "Ms." Manning.

I don't want to see that, but we all know that's exactly what would happen. There is a weird kind of worship that 'trans women' seem to induce in 'intersectional feminists'. Like they're in the presence of a god who has assumed human (female) form.

by Anonymousreply 489January 20, 2018 5:38 PM

Manning sucker punched the last female who gave him a hard time. The Democratic women of Maryland better give him the nomination if they want to keep their teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490January 20, 2018 5:50 PM

His violent attack on that woman (and the fact that he called her a "dyke") is being completely ignored by the MSM. What a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 491January 20, 2018 5:52 PM

R491 keep reminding his Russian bot fans on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 492January 20, 2018 5:55 PM

Ignored by the mainstream press AND "alternative" media: The Intercept, Huff Post, etc.

by Anonymousreply 493January 20, 2018 5:58 PM

That's what they don't understand, R487...we would still freely and gladly give money to those organizations if they were still fighting for gay/lesbian rights. So we "won" gay marriage...big fucking deal. We are still facing court challenges to that.

We still don't have full legal protections. Gays are being rounded up and murdered around the world. Gay men are still getting HIV/AIDS. Young gays and lesbians are still suffering. Older gays and lesbians need help in their later years. There are so many things we should be spending our time, money and political power on. The fact that we are catering to a group of mentally ill fetishists...who are pursuing an anti-gay platform...is enraging.

DROP THE FUCKING T.

by Anonymousreply 494January 20, 2018 6:01 PM

[quote]I really want to see the "intersectional feminists" of Maryland ditch all of the hardworking experienced women of the state in favor of "Ms." Manning

They will. The women's organizations and gay organizations are all for T now. Emily's list has endorsed trans candidates.

by Anonymousreply 495January 20, 2018 6:24 PM

The #1 biggest anti-gay issue right now is the attack on gay existence and organizations by T. And there is no gay and lesbian org fighting that...because they have been take over by T.

by Anonymousreply 496January 20, 2018 6:26 PM

We should all go down to Maryland and protest him..

by Anonymousreply 497January 20, 2018 6:29 PM

Manning pals around with deplorables

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498January 21, 2018 1:54 AM

^ More on that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499January 21, 2018 9:35 PM

Also

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500January 21, 2018 9:36 PM

he's an idiot

why do the Dems want anything to do with him?

by Anonymousreply 501January 21, 2018 9:53 PM

In my city, Trans took over the gay pride organization. Lacking connections to the greater community, leadership skills and the full respect of the larger LGBT community, combined with plenty of offensive behavior, the organization failed within a year, shuttering our Center and terminating several important LGBT community services.

Trans got their positions because other LGB people naively felt it would be good for the LGBT community to give them a voice. IMO there was an element of "flavor of the month" thinking that was unfortunate. There was a lot of bickering and mismanagement and many true allies alienated before the whole mess imploded.

Trans are a small number of LGBT, a tiny portion of society. Their direct representation in various organizations should reflect that. Their needs can be met without making them the center of attention.

The greater community is conflicted about trans for some good reasons. Psychology has described at least 2 major flavors of trans: One is gender dysphoric and doesn't feel like they're existing in a body that reflects the gender they feel they are. People are usually sympathetic to this sort when they are even aware of the situation, because people with gender dysphoria don't usually advertise their condition.

The other type of trans is a sexual fetishist who finds taking on an opposite gender persona to be sexually gratifying. This second type brings along a host of other personality problems, called by psychologists "Cluster B / dramatic, emotional, erratic" disorders, including histrionic personality disorder (seeking sexual and other attention) and narcissistic personality disorder (grandiosity & lack of empathy).

Note that the definition of personality disorder means that the personality characteristics cause disruption in personal and work relationships. Not very long ago, people who wanted to transition were carefully screened medically and psychologically to be sure they were dysphoric and not histrionic.

And most of us, even if not psychologically trained, in some visceral way sense the difference between the two types. Many of us may have never met or known an actual gender-dysphoric trans. Yet quite a few of us have had run-ins, maybe even had dates with, the histrionic type - the flamboyancy, the attention-whoring, the sexual-kink-demanding, the total lack of awareness of how others perceive their behavior, which would be unwelcome from anybody no matter what gender, sex or clothing style.

Politically, the personality disorders of the fetishistic trans are obvious in their demands that we have sex with them on their terms (sexual attention seeking, lacking empathy), that we accept their terminology for themselves and other groups unquestioningly (narcissism), their demands to be at the forefront of LGBT organizations, despite their tiny proportion of the community (attention-seeking, grandiosity, lack of empathy), and their constant claims that their demands must not be questioned (grandiosity).

Chelsea Manning's history clearly shows he is of the personality-disordered type.

by Anonymousreply 502January 21, 2018 10:30 PM

Sorry to hear what happened to your organization, R502. Hopefully, you all rebuild and never forget who destroyed it.

At the national level, there's so much money, they still haven't hit rock bottom. All formerly-gay, currently LGBTQIA organizations desperately need to reboot. Start from zero, and rebuild without the trans/queer identity nonsense and people. Keeping the T away will be difficult, because like Manning, they are unemployable in the "real world" aside from the highly-functioning MTF "lesbians."

by Anonymousreply 503January 22, 2018 12:39 AM

R501 Dems haven't engaged Manning in any way. Even if she weren't absolute trash they don't help people run against incumbents especially non controversial ones. Anyone can register with a party and run for any office

by Anonymousreply 504January 22, 2018 2:13 AM

R504 Obama commuted Manning's sentence. Did you forget that Dem?

by Anonymousreply 505January 22, 2018 2:21 AM

there will definitely be Dems supporting him, stirred up by the internet

by Anonymousreply 506January 22, 2018 2:26 AM

[quote] I bet you that the Unitarian pastor Corey Booker doesn't like weirdo Bradley/Britney/Chelsey spoiling the Democratic fight.

He had better not support any of this if he wants a political future. Gays have no more room for sellouts.

by Anonymousreply 507January 22, 2018 2:30 AM

Is Bradley claiming to be a "lesbian"?

His campaign marketing is giving me '90's riot grrrl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508January 22, 2018 2:35 AM

the fantasy is that they are younger, too

by Anonymousreply 509January 22, 2018 2:37 AM

That photo at R508 just makes me shudder. And they wonder why lesbians don't want anything to do with them?

by Anonymousreply 510January 22, 2018 2:42 AM

Chelsea Manning Made An Appearance At A Pro-Trump Gala

Hundreds of pro-Trump Twitter activists, far-right online media figures, and Pepe lapel pin-wearers descended on a Hell's Kitchen nightclub Saturday night for a gala celebrating the one-year anniversary of President Trump's inauguration. But despite appearances from far-right media personalities like James O’Keefe, Mike Cernovich, and Gavin McInness, the most controversial attendee of the evening was former Wikileaks whistleblower, and now US Senate candidate, Chelsea Manning.

In the early hours of the party, Manning could be seen smiling and socializing with attendees, including pro-Trump Twitter personality Cassandra Fairbanks. Fairbanks, who reports for Gateway Pundit, has been a vocal supporter of Wikileaks and has publicly exchanged messages with Manning on Twitter.

Manning left before the evening's speeches ended. Shortly after her departure, another guest told BuzzFeed News that Manning was "crashing" the gala, and suggested that the former whistleblower did not attend because of her political views.

Hours later, Manning issued a tweet that appeared to disavow the event as a "fascist/white supremacist hate brigade party." Manning did not respond to a request for comment.

Others who spoke with Manning Saturday night described her attitude towards the party differently. A source who attended and who knows Manning told BuzzFeed News that "while she was not there protesting, she was there in a effort to bridge gaps between left and right."

Cernovich, the pro-Trump media personality who hosted the event, suggested that perhaps Manning — who is running for Senate as a Democrat — showed up because of a shared philosophy that's separate from partisan politics.

"I think it's clear that she does what she wants and doesn't give a shit," Cernovich said. "And I think she knows that we're the same way."

Regardless of the reason for Manning's appearance, other guests appeared thrilled that she showed up. "I truly don't want to speak for her but I guess she respects what this is all about," pro-Trump activist Jack Posobiec said, gesturing toward the room full of attendees.

"Everyone was respectful," a different party-goer said. Another claimed that not a single person in attendance misgendered Manning, who is an openly transgender woman.

"Honestly, her being here shows what this movement is really about," one pro-Trump Twitter personality told BuzzFeed News shortly after Manning left the party. "We're not ideological, we're tribal. We don't care about the politics as much as we care about pissing people off and trolling and shaking things up. She's about liberty, we're about liberty, it's all good. No bad blood at all."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511January 22, 2018 8:38 PM

It's not surprising that Manning would be a Trump supporter given his background and his views on women and gays. He's a blue-collar Caitlyn Jenner.

Manning also never exhibited any respect for Obama or any real appreciation for what Obama did for him. If I recall correctly, he actually dissed Obama.

by Anonymousreply 512January 22, 2018 8:50 PM

"Another claimed that not a single person in attendance misgendered Manning..."

Of course they didn't, because women are just a collection of orifices and stereotypes created by STRAIGHT. MEN. LIKE. THIS.

"We don't care about the politics as much as we care about pissing people off and trolling and shaking things up."

You don't say! Well, you kids should have lots in common.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513January 22, 2018 8:51 PM

G&L fought so long to not be linked with insanity....

by Anonymousreply 514January 22, 2018 9:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515January 22, 2018 9:20 PM

Looks like Manning is trying to play for Putin.

by Anonymousreply 516January 22, 2018 9:42 PM

[quote] Looks like Manning is trying to play for Putin.

I guess that might explain why Obama, the ACLU and Amnesty Internationale were so insistent Chels be put back into circulation.

by Anonymousreply 517January 22, 2018 9:52 PM

I am sure it's just a matter of time before she's photographed visiting ASSange.

by Anonymousreply 518January 22, 2018 9:56 PM

Manning already has the support of pseudo leftwinger (and Putin tool) Linda Sarsour.

by Anonymousreply 519January 22, 2018 10:44 PM

Manning & Sarsour = match made in hell

by Anonymousreply 520January 22, 2018 10:46 PM

Fucking little Chris Hayes had Sarsour on again tonight. Who the hell gave that little twerp a show? He must be related to somebody. He's such an annoying little jerk. Major Bernie Bro.

by Anonymousreply 521January 23, 2018 2:37 AM

Sarsour reminds me of KellyAnne Conway, same insidiousness, same driven-ness, same rhetoric.

by Anonymousreply 522January 23, 2018 9:42 AM

R522 yeah, she does remind me of her. She's a nutcase too.

by Anonymousreply 523January 23, 2018 6:53 PM

Get a load of this bitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524January 26, 2018 3:59 PM

The left will forgive him, R524, because trans.

by Anonymousreply 525January 26, 2018 4:01 PM

There are some hot guys on the Alt Right.

I guess the "girl" couldn't help "herself."

Isn't "she" sooooo senatorial?

by Anonymousreply 526January 26, 2018 4:15 PM

Are there hot guys on the alt right???

Cernovich, Posobiec, and Spencer are fug as shit

by Anonymousreply 527January 26, 2018 4:17 PM

Posobiec got caught on some dating website, claiming his profession is "agent". He's got a pregnant wife and he's a professional fundie so looks bad for the little lad.

by Anonymousreply 528January 26, 2018 4:51 PM

Maybe he was hungry for alt-right dick ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529January 28, 2018 1:22 AM

Some conservative men are hot R529 but I think most alt right personalities are hideous. At least the male ones. Cernovich, Milo, and Posobiec are all gross.

by Anonymousreply 530January 28, 2018 1:41 AM

R529 reminds me of the editor who commented on Milo's claim that rightwingers are better looking: "have you seen the people at Trump's rallys?"

by Anonymousreply 531January 28, 2018 2:03 AM

Hot or not, I think "straight" daddy dick is the appeal for trannies like Manning pressing the flesh at an Alt-Right convention.

by Anonymousreply 532January 28, 2018 3:18 AM

Honestly Manning could probably get better than Cernovich. That is really like bottom of the barrel to me. I just can't fathom someone going to a party just hookup with one of them.

by Anonymousreply 533January 28, 2018 3:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!