Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Susan Sarandon gets flack for her Golden Globe appearance hypocricy

Twitter jeered actress Susan Sarandon during Sunday’s Golden Globes ceremony that cheered female empowerment amid Hollywood’s sexual misconduct scandal. Her praise for “all these women standing up for each other” revived hard feelings, because Sarandon supported Bernie Sanders over Hillary Clinton in the Democratic race for president, then voted for third-party candidate Jill Stein instead of Clinton in the general election against Donald Trump.

"Boy that was infuriating when Susan Sarandon stood there championing women while she did everything she could to sabotage Hillary"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128April 23, 2018 3:58 PM

I love that she looked like a short fat frau next to Gena Davis.

by Anonymousreply 1January 9, 2018 1:48 AM

When she dies, I will make special trips to L.A. to piss on her grave.

by Anonymousreply 2January 9, 2018 1:56 AM

I detest her with the heat of a thousand suns.

by Anonymousreply 3January 9, 2018 2:13 AM

I didn't watch Feud because of her. I will never watch anything with her in it.

by Anonymousreply 4January 9, 2018 2:16 AM

Well everyone on both sides better get over this Hillary/Bernie shit fast or we will lose in 2018 and 2020. Democrats need to be a united front and support any and every Democrat nominated. 95% of those tweeting about this are Russian trolls doing their best to keep the divide and separate going with the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 5January 9, 2018 2:18 AM

She a cunt

by Anonymousreply 6January 9, 2018 2:19 AM

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

So not voting for the female candidate, even though you don't like her politics, is a reason to hate on someone? Hillary is just as big a crook as Trump. She a fucking vile human being. But hey, let's vote for her because she's a woman.

If Hillary was President we would be at war in Syria and either at war or threatening Iran.

by Anonymousreply 7January 9, 2018 2:21 AM

Educator met with feds to talk Bernie Sanders’ wife college

... apparently there was a grand jury looking into the Burlington College bust

-- hopefully the Bernie cult is over in 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 9, 2018 2:22 AM

Love Geena Davis, but WTF is happening with her clothes?

Wearing black for empowerment & solidarity, but flashing parts of your tits at the same time - that’s a zero-sum game.

As expected, nothing’s changed. The men came in fully dressed. The women came in half-naked, as they’re socially trained to do by their parents and Hollywood agents.

by Anonymousreply 9January 9, 2018 2:22 AM

Why do we even know who she voted for?

by Anonymousreply 10January 9, 2018 2:23 AM

What she did was unfucking forgiveable, Without Bernie Hillary would have won. Bernie had to pull a Ralph Nader and ruin it all.

When he lost the nomination he should have immediately endorsed her

by Anonymousreply 11January 9, 2018 2:23 AM

They all wear black most the time anyway.

by Anonymousreply 12January 9, 2018 2:24 AM

"Twitter" is just a reflection of what a bunch of loudmouths with too much time on their hands have to day about a specific topic.

It's not a reflection of what the majority of people of any stripe feel about anything.

It has a tiny user base that has not grown despite the billions of dollars of free publicity the Cheetoh has given it.

And I'd feel that way if "Twitter" was praising Sarandon to high heaven.

Twitter is just a dumbed down, crazier, more public version of DL.

by Anonymousreply 13January 9, 2018 2:28 AM

I hope Debra Messing ran into her and went off on her the way she went off at E!.

by Anonymousreply 14January 9, 2018 2:35 AM

Was Susan Sarandon supposed to be dressed like Bette Davis last night?

by Anonymousreply 15January 9, 2018 2:37 AM

I hope people gave her the finger while she was up there and I hope she was shunned at all the parties afterward.

by Anonymousreply 16January 9, 2018 2:38 AM

[quote]So not voting for the female candidate, even though you don't like her politics, is a reason to hate on someone? Hillary is just as big a crook as Trump. She a fucking vile human being. But hey, let's vote for her because she's a woman.

[quote]If Hillary was President we would be at war in Syria and either at war or threatening Iran.

Of course, you could not back up a single one of your claims. And never did.

by Anonymousreply 17January 9, 2018 2:43 AM

[quote]If Hillary was President we would be at war in Syria

The US already has some 2,000 troops in Syria, idiot @ R7

by Anonymousreply 18January 9, 2018 2:52 AM

R16 From what I heard, James Franco released one of his SBD's as he walked past her table and was telling others to do the same.

by Anonymousreply 19January 9, 2018 2:55 AM

R7 the line that Hillary is somehow even close to Trump on the crooked scale is bullshit. She's been vilified by the right for decades. The GOP has spent million of taxpayer dollars investigating her.

NOTHING

by Anonymousreply 20January 9, 2018 3:10 AM

r11 without tampering by the DNC Bernie would have had the nomination instead of Hillary. And before you go and start wailing about that not being true. Donna Brazile just admitted it was the reality in her book.

So Hillary got the nomination through fraudulent means, she shouldn't have even been running against Trump. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 21January 9, 2018 3:11 AM

Sarandon is shit. She's all about women except the fact that she willfully worked to prevent a woman from winning the presidency and knew the alternative was the pussy-grabbing Trump.

Fuck saran-fucking-don

by Anonymousreply 22January 9, 2018 3:11 AM

R21 the campaign that did the criminal behavior was Bernie's. That campaign stole Hillary's information.

You really think millions upon millions more people voted for Hillary because the DNC sabotaged the election. How? The DNC does not have power over state primaries.

by Anonymousreply 23January 9, 2018 3:13 AM

Okay r20 if you say Hillary is innocent then I guess I have to believe you.

by Anonymousreply 24January 9, 2018 3:13 AM

Good to know twitter kicked her ass. The fact is she's not worth the energy it takes to get angry. She hurt herself a lot. She has no credibility, she has behaved in a small spiteful irrational fashion, she is a complete hypocrite and no one will trust her words ever again. Her opinions won't sway public pinion. She just looks like some crazy old fool.

by Anonymousreply 25January 9, 2018 3:14 AM

Hillary Dems will NEVER forgive Susan Sarandon

by Anonymousreply 26January 9, 2018 3:16 AM

And Trumptards will never forgive Hilary for DARING to run against the Great Pumpkin Turd.

And getting more votes as well.

by Anonymousreply 27January 9, 2018 3:18 AM

Lets just say it's nice she gets some flack for the stupid shit she said and still says.

by Anonymousreply 28January 9, 2018 3:18 AM

What are SBDs?

by Anonymousreply 29January 9, 2018 3:20 AM

R29 Silent but deadly.

by Anonymousreply 30January 9, 2018 3:24 AM

You know, Delores Huerta is a political activist who is revered by Latino Americans. She is an old woman nad like John Lewis is to Blacks Delores is like the mother of the Civil Rights movement for Latinos. in 2016, In Susan Sarandon's fevered brain, in her eagerness to foul the air, she attack Delores and got IN HER FACE in a public shouting match telling her about Latino politics. Her arrogance and disrespect because Delores loves Hillary and was supporting her, was the final bow for me. Susan Sarandon is dead to me. I will never spend another dime on any of her movies and I will not listen to anything she has to say.

by Anonymousreply 31January 9, 2018 3:26 AM

Hillbots are so fucking infuriating.

Last I checked, Susan has never supported predatory men, like Hillary has supported Bill.

by Anonymousreply 32January 9, 2018 4:33 AM

She is finally looking old.

by Anonymousreply 33January 9, 2018 4:36 AM

r31 Dolores Huerta has 10,000 followers on Twitter. There are cat accounts more popular than that. Most Latinos have no idea who she is, and if they did, so what? Most Latinos revere the Pope as well, is the Pope beyond criticism? Is the Catholic Church?

Dolores Huerta made a claim that MATERIAL evidence proved beyond doubt was false. See below for what a fact-checker found on her claims. She is not beyond criticism for (intentionally?) lying just because she's grandmotherly Latina. Quit fetishizing our race. The fact that you need to center your defense of what she did on race, just makes you sound dishonest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 9, 2018 4:38 AM

If Hillbots care so much about Latinos, explain me this - this callousness that Hilary showed to child migrants from a country (Honduras) that she helped ruin by supporting a right-wing coup?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 9, 2018 4:39 AM

The level of intelligence on this site is pretty low. Being a supporter of woman's rights does not mean you have to support EVERYONE woman especially if you fundamentally have differing opinions. This is not an all or nothing argument. Disliking Hillary and supporting women's rights are not mutually exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 36January 9, 2018 5:51 AM

[quote]Last I checked, Susan has never supported predatory men, like Hillary has supported Bill.

Really???

"Now, I’m sure there’s a lot of men who were much smoother at seducing than [The Guardian indicates that at this point she started laughing] James Toback and Harvey Weinstein, who a lot of women felt very flattered to be sleeping with, even if they didn’t get the job. There’s just a culture, starting in the 60s and 70s, where there was a certain amount of liberation that made it possible for those things to happen without even seeing yourself as a victim.”

- Sarandon on Weinstein

by Anonymousreply 37January 9, 2018 5:54 AM

[quote] Being a supporter of woman's rights does not mean you have to support EVERYONE woman especially if you fundamentally have differing opinions. This is not an all or nothing argument. Disliking Hillary and supporting women's rights are not mutually exclusive.

You could also say that encouraging voters to throw their vote away by voting third party, and therefore enabling a misogynist candidate and the entire Republican party, is not exactly helping women's rights.

by Anonymousreply 38January 9, 2018 5:57 AM

[quote]Being a supporter of woman's rights does not mean you have to support EVERYONE woman

Nobody is saying that, but you got to be beyond stupid and moronic if you actively or not actively help a misogynistic pig like Trump into the White House. Sarandon did exactly that.

I don't usually promote violent revenge, but if Sarandon would be spat on in public, I would applaud the person who did it!

by Anonymousreply 39January 9, 2018 5:58 AM

Susan probably voted for Jill in a deep blue state like California so no --she's not directly responsible for Trump's presidency. She's so low down the scale of the reasons why Trump was elected, she doesn't even rate. 3rd party voter does not mean Trump supporter or condoning Trump. It means we are tired of voting for the lesser of the two evils. And if you don't think Hillary is part of a system that encourages evil I suggest reading sites like Counterpunch or The Nation or TruthOut to understand where enlightened progressives like Susan are coming from.

by Anonymousreply 40January 9, 2018 6:14 AM

We know that Susan is not very bright R40, no use in sugarcoating the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 41January 9, 2018 6:17 AM

Also Susan did vote for a woman, uh, hello! And one who hadn't advocated for fracking and the participantion of the overthrow of the Libyan government.

by Anonymousreply 42January 9, 2018 6:21 AM

Sarandon is a misogynist precisely because she didn’t support a qualified good candidate precisely because she was a woman, and then tried to mitigate it with a vote for a Putin-chosen woman who had no chance of winning. Sarandon can fuck off and so can her bilious defenders.

I too refuse to watch Feud because of her. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 43January 9, 2018 6:21 AM

^^participation I mean

by Anonymousreply 44January 9, 2018 6:22 AM

[quote]Also Susan did vote for a woman

... who is in bed with a misogynistic and homophobic pig.

by Anonymousreply 45January 9, 2018 6:28 AM

How DARE Susan Sarandon vote for who she thought aligned best with her political views? I mean, a lifelong women's advocate actually had the audacity to vote the way she thought best and the way she wanted to?!! And a lifelong advocate for women had the audacity NOT to vote for a woman who legally defended a man who raped a teenage girl, a woman who stayed with a husband who openly cheated on her over and over and who was accused of rape and sexual harassment, a woman who harassed the women who spoke up about her husband raping and sexually harassing them? How dare she ?!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 46January 9, 2018 6:30 AM

How come Oprah didn't get any backlash for throwing her weight (no pun intended) behind Obama, a man, instead of Hillary, a woman, in 2008? Her endorsement gave him the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 47January 9, 2018 6:33 AM

So many false statements in your post R46. Being a regressive left must be a brain eating disease.

by Anonymousreply 48January 9, 2018 6:35 AM

R39, really? Meet R43! I rest my case.

by Anonymousreply 49January 9, 2018 6:36 AM

[quote]Susan Sarandon gets flack for her Golden Globe appearance hypocricy

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 50January 9, 2018 6:36 AM

Hillary is part of the establishment. Her hands aren't clean. She is complicit. Of course she would have been better than the fool we are suffering now. But guess what? She is a centrist. Some of us are way more progressive, way more left leaning than her and the rest of the Democratic Party who feed the corporation and the military industrial complex with our blood, you know?

by Anonymousreply 51January 9, 2018 6:39 AM

[R 45] yeah....she sat at the table with Putin at an event for RT. Big conspiracy. RT happens to be the few news stations that give Stein and others a platform for their non-interventionist/anti-war views.

by Anonymousreply 52January 9, 2018 6:41 AM

Idiot @ R51, the progressive's favorite Saint, Bernie Sanders voted in favor of the '98 Iraq liberation act and in favor of regime change in Libya.

by Anonymousreply 53January 9, 2018 6:52 AM

I love Susan Sarandon. It's her right to support whomever she wants. I don't believe she had any impact on the votes at all.

Holy shit. You guys are a bunch of hysterical, foaming at the mouth she-queens. Susan lives a very comfortable life, and I'm sure doesn't give a fuck what any of you ladies think.

Give it a rest, girls. Your Evita/Diva lost to an idiot. She should've listened to people who were giving her good advice.

by Anonymousreply 54January 9, 2018 7:06 AM

[quote]Susan lives a very comfortable life, and I'm sure doesn't give a fuck what any of you ladies think.

Of course she doesn't care, she and Saint Bernhardt get a big tax break from Trump. Fucking hypocrites!

by Anonymousreply 55January 9, 2018 7:09 AM

[quote]Give it a rest, girls. Your Evita/Diva lost to an idiot. She should've listened to people who were giving her good advice.

Translation: Hillary should have allowed Bill to mansplain political campaigning to her.

But I do agree with you that Susan had nothing to do with Hillary's loss.

by Anonymousreply 56January 9, 2018 7:11 AM

R53, I'm hardly an idiot. I expressed an opinion. What's right is right. Notice how I mentioned the entire Democratic Party in my post? Not singling out your girl out of malice or idiocy. Face the facts.

by Anonymousreply 57January 9, 2018 7:15 AM

The fact that she's said to be a mean-spirited cunt who mistreats anyone she views as beneath her or that dares to disagree with her is reason enough to loathe the bitch and don't be fooled by the fake pro women bullshit, this cow will take down any woman she views as competition.

by Anonymousreply 58January 9, 2018 7:16 AM

[quote]How come Oprah didn't get any backlash for throwing her weight (no pun intended) behind Obama, a man, instead of Hillary, a woman, in 2008? Her endorsement gave him the nomination.

Thank you, R47! And I might add that out of the three of us, I'm the true Chicagoan. O and O were merely transplants. That always pissed me off.

(Would appreciate your vote in 2020!)

by Anonymousreply 59January 9, 2018 7:18 AM

R56 Jesus Christ, dood. Are you serious right now?

Hillary was arrogant. Thought she had it in the bag. She was being told to get out there. She refused. She lost. Now we're stuck with a nightmare for three more years.

by Anonymousreply 60January 9, 2018 7:19 AM

She and Trumplestilskin have that in common.

by Anonymousreply 61January 9, 2018 7:19 AM

Haha, both trump and burndout sanders are being investigated while hillary is not. Sanders is part of the establishment and his delusional followers keep covering their waxed filled ears and going blah blah blah, just like dump supporters do.

by Anonymousreply 62January 9, 2018 7:25 AM

Sixty posts and no mention of the girly come fuck me ponytail? Oh dear, Susan. Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 63January 9, 2018 7:27 AM

Suck it, haters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 9, 2018 7:31 AM

[quote]Well everyone on both sides better get over this Hillary/Bernie shit fast or we will lose in 2018 and 2020. Democrats need to be a united front and support any and every Democrat nominated.

Yeah, I'll get right on that "United front" thing...the very second Bernie actually changes his party affiliation.

by Anonymousreply 65January 9, 2018 7:34 AM

I thought Hillary was being investigated again?

by Anonymousreply 66January 9, 2018 7:35 AM

Sarandon is repulsive in various ways. As noted, the stuff w. Huerta (and the general sanctimony) is contemptible.

That said, too many horseshit "journalists" find 10 people saying something on Twitter and the story is Twitter rips/loves/weeps (person or thing).

By the way, is it just me or -- and I don't say this to be crude, vulgar and such -- do Davis's breasts look unnaturally low on her chest?

by Anonymousreply 67January 9, 2018 7:35 AM

Sarandon does not have the right to her opinion. She should think what we tell her to think.

by Anonymousreply 68January 9, 2018 7:45 AM

Fuck the smug, snide Susan Sarandon, she deserves all the scorn she's getting. I wish the entire audience would've booed her and dragged her off the stage.

by Anonymousreply 69January 9, 2018 7:51 AM

You are an idiot R51, Saint Bernhardt is under investigation for bank fraud. Lets see if his 'cleanness' withholds a 3 year investigation by a special councilor and an 11 hour house committee hearing. Then we can talk about clean.

by Anonymousreply 70January 9, 2018 8:22 AM

[quote]Hillary was arrogant. Thought she had it in the bag. She was being told to get out there. She refused. She lost. Now we're stuck with a nightmare for three more years.

You blame Clinton for your stupid protest vote and you call her arrogant. Oh, my sides...

by Anonymousreply 71January 9, 2018 8:33 AM

[quote]Hillary was arrogant. Thought she had it in the bag. She was being told to get out there. She refused. She lost. Now we're stuck with a nightmare for three more years.

Or to use the words of another poster:

R60 complains about Hillary losing the election by voting for Stein.

by Anonymousreply 72January 9, 2018 8:36 AM

You could tell the room was mixed about her otherwise “Thelma & Louise” would’ve got a standing ovation.

by Anonymousreply 73January 9, 2018 9:34 AM

r73 They sure as hell weren't mixed about me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 9, 2018 9:45 AM

R70, once again, not an idiot- this type of comment is very misplaced in a proper debate. However, this is to be expected from the hysterical, conniving nature of your posts.

Jane Sanders is under investigation for possible bank fraud, in the case of a land deal for Burlington College in 2010, yes. You assume only you know this? No one is perfect.

by Anonymousreply 75January 9, 2018 1:32 PM

All you BernieBros pieces of shit arguing against Hillary, pointing out she lost are wrong. Get you facts straight. Hillary won, by more than 3 million votes. The election was "decided " by 78,00 votes that were literally STOLEN through hacking. Really. Who here believes that Russai invested all that technology and time into setting up fake accounts on social media, and ining data on voters, and then left it all to hance? Really?

So go fuck yourselves. You want to know why we're pissed off? Why were angry? Because if HRC had lost fair and square we might be sitting here doing the fucking post mortems we did in 2008, after the primaries. But I have worked on too many Presidential campaigns, and I'm not talking Door-to door passing out literature, or making phone calls. I'm talking about using the focus groups and developing the strategies and working on GOTV operations etc.

Her campaign was damned good this time. People point to bullshit, grasping at straws, like "She didn't go to Wisconsin " She was scheduled to go when some thing big happened which caused her to revise her itinerary. Go back and do some research. Think. Hillary is not your enemy, you dumb shits. Trump is the enemy, he has always been the enemy, and people like Sarandon are fucking traitors IMO.

R58, thanks. Susan is an agent of chaos who, like Bernie. has often said she wants to "bring down our entire gov't system." We have always had radicals attempting to disrupt and they have always proved useful to Conservatives and often get their marching orders through thinly veiled opposition strategiests. It's a tactic designed to weaken support and confuse people.

Even now we're discovering more and more how Russia has effectively used our own fears and biases against us, manipulating white supremacists and Black Lives Matter in equal measure. Why are people pissed at SS? Because she has a huge platform. She is heard. She has a stage and attracts attention.

Her behavior last year was disgraceful. She was DESTRUCTIVE. It's one thing to disagree with your opponent. It's one thing to support one candidate over another. But Susan viciously attacked Hillary and anyone who supported Hillary. She is vile. And anyone defending her is not someone I want to associate with.

by Anonymousreply 76January 9, 2018 1:55 PM

The tenacity of DL's Hardcore Hillbots is fascinating.

Like most DLers I voted for Hillary because she was better than Trump, found some things about her problematic, but overall thought she was a decent choice and would have been a diligent president.

Which is why I am dumbstruck at people like R76 who continue to write thousand-word essays in defense of her TO PEOPLE WHO ARE CLEARLY TROLLING THE HARDCORE HILLBOTS just because they know their reactions are so over the top and amusing, and because they know they'll take the bait every single time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 9, 2018 2:06 PM

[quote]"Twitter" is just a reflection of what a bunch of loudmouths with too much time on their hands have to day about a specific topic.

Referring to Twitter with quotations around it to illustrate your disdain doesn't make your point more valid, although you sure seem to think it does.

by Anonymousreply 78January 9, 2018 2:12 PM

Actually it does make it more valid.

I checked R78 and putting quotes around the word "Twitter" makes my point 243.72% more valid.

by Anonymousreply 79January 9, 2018 2:27 PM

Fuck you, R77. My reaction is not "over the top" and I will not "let it go" any more than many of you "Bernie Bros"refuse to stop piling on HRC and attempting to hold her responsible for Trump. YOOU attack me rather than acknowledge the facts.

Many of you seem to be lost in some Orwellian mist where, if you repeat some falsehood enough times and come up with your spin and peddle it all over social media, you will revise the Truth of what's happened to us in the past few years, but you won't.

Instead let's cannibalize the Democratic {Arty with infighting and who is pure enough and while we are divided and pissing on each other, behaving stupidly, They will win again. Because nothing has been done to stop them.

I was proud to support Hillary. She is not an elitist. Her campaign was about increasing the minimum wage, improving healthcare, real immigration reform, Gun safety, better environmental regulations and fair rational tax reform. She addressed racism head on. She addressed these mass shootings head on. There was no tea and sympathy from her. Hillary go it right.

All the assholes saying we need to talk more about the white working class or Dems are elitists are simply saying we need to be less inclusive and move to the Right. No. We do not. Go back and listen to Hillary on You Tube. Remind yourselves of what we've lost. Instead we allowed the media and the GOP to manipulate our thinking about E-mails, or Benghazi, or speaking fees on Wall Street. It was ridiculous.

In 2010, we failed to show up. We didn't vote. So we handed Congress to Mitch McConnell & Paul Ryan. Now here we are, still showing our asses and acting stupid.

Bernie refused to support reasonable gun safety reforms. He voted to deregulate Wall Street.

by Anonymousreply 80January 9, 2018 2:35 PM

TL;DR beyond first sentence when I knew the response would be to call me a "Bernie Bro" or a "Russian troll" because I said I thought she was good, but less than perfect.

Point proven.

by Anonymousreply 81January 9, 2018 2:38 PM

People like Hillary Clinton support the status quo. She loves Henry Kissinger. What kind of person is that?

Bernie Sanders has been messy, too- war funding, opposing gun control, opposing criminal justice reform.

It's all vile. This country is built on blood and lies. Little kids don't have food and books. It's a disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 82January 9, 2018 2:40 PM

Fuck you, R3. What a loser. ‘All gays’ need not listen to brainwashed old farts like you. Or Sarandon for that matter. We are united by one thing only—our homosexuality.

Same with women. They all have vaginas. That’s it. A woman has every right to vote for whomever she likes. The hypocrisy is cringe-worthy stuff, R3.

by Anonymousreply 83January 9, 2018 2:46 PM

R7, apparently equality for women means preferential treatment. I mean, how can Hillary not be a vile thug—she’s just a poor widdle woman, after all.

And how can Susan Sarandon have wrong think? Figures, she’s just a precious widdle woman who don’t know no politics!

by Anonymousreply 84January 9, 2018 2:49 PM

[quote]Twitter is just a dumbed down, crazier, more public version of DL.

Why thank you r13.

Thank you so very much.

Have you paid your buck-fifty? I'm gonna check.

by Anonymousreply 85January 9, 2018 2:49 PM

R20, suuuuuuuure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 86January 9, 2018 2:51 PM

R83/R84 -- I think it should be clear that we've crossed the line from talking about politics to fandom some time ago.

The discussions about Mrs. Clinton are remarkable similar to those about Cher, Madonna, Justin Bieber, 1D, Janet Jackson et al with the fans demanding the same level of deification of their idol. There's nothing political, it's all about personality and feels.

by Anonymousreply 87January 9, 2018 2:53 PM

You're not wrong, R80, but that's our resident "Hillbot" troll and he's a complete waste of skin. Nothing he says is worth paying attention to. The mere fact that he's been on DL trolling daily about "Hillbots" for two solid years indicates he has an actual condition that needs the services of a professional.

by Anonymousreply 88January 9, 2018 2:53 PM

I’m with r80

by Anonymousreply 89January 9, 2018 2:57 PM

[quote]Instead let's cannibalize the Democratic {Arty with infighting and who is pure enough

You’re right, these stupid kids and their followers are too busy turning on their allies to get anything done.

by Anonymousreply 90January 9, 2018 3:04 PM

R52, academia and media both have a tendency to rout, sideline and ignore anyone who doesn’t tow the line, but also reserve the privilege to pretend those people never existed in the first place

Example: a scientist is ruined because his conclusions don’t fit the narrative, journals refuse to publish his work, his fellows treat him as a pariah because grant money trumps integrity, and then everyone pretends he and his work never existed. They’ll ask, probably seriously because they eat their own shit, ‘Just where ARE these scientists who support your claims?!’

Look into any even slightly warm or hot topic and you’ll find these men and women who’ve been branded quacks. (Not to say there aren’t genuine quacks, but the SJW media and academia prefer SJW quacks on their side to non-SJW non-quacks not on their side.) This is the recipe for Hillbots!

by Anonymousreply 91January 9, 2018 3:05 PM

R78 is a keyboard activist and The Twitter is her greatest weapon. Tell us not how to fix the world’s problems but to change them, oh, wise one!

R80, if you’re a male liberal you’re part of the most miserable and anxious lot in the country. Keep jerking off to Jake Tapper, though. Have fun losing your hair, getting fat, abusing substances, and losing your voice while screaming about how right you are.

Regressive Liberalism makes people fat, ugly, and stupid, and proud of it because that means they’re subverting the norm. Ok!

by Anonymousreply 92January 9, 2018 3:13 PM

[quote]Keep jerking off to Jake Tapper, though.

Why thank you, I will! Any other news hotties you would recommend for jack off fantasies?

by Anonymousreply 93January 9, 2018 3:21 PM

There is an obnoxious article in today's Guardian bleating about how the author voted for Jill Stein over Hillary because Hillary was anti-healthcare (what?! fuck off, you uniformed millennial) and all outraged that people would choose (black, inexperienced) Oprah over (white, equally inexperienced people's savior) Bernie Sanders. Apparently the journalist is current affairs correspondent for the Guardian and she justifies a de facto vote for a Russian prop in the General election. Fuck off. If someone with more energy than me wishes to reply, there is a Comments Section to that fucked-up, Greenwald-Guardian-approved article.

Susan Sarandon deserves all the flack she gets, and I hope this stupid -- and unqualified, as she clearly doesn't know political history -- Journalist gets a great deal of flack as well. The Guardian allows Russian BernieBots to Infiltrate their Comments sections though, so it is unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 94January 9, 2018 3:31 PM

"Delores Huerta." LOL.

It's so funny how all those Hillbots who pretend they so venerate her, that they so know AND respect her work, always fail to spell her name correctly.

by Anonymousreply 95January 9, 2018 3:38 PM

Really, R95. Huh.

by Anonymousreply 96January 9, 2018 3:42 PM

I really don't think that there's anyone left in Hollywood worth spending my money on to see their films or television projects. The past few years has exposed so many of them to be clueless, entitled, condescending elitist frauds and phonies. As a liberal, I don't expect everyone to be perfect, but boy have my eyes been opened by idiots like Susan, Meryl, Matt and others. Even my beloved Denzel has been exposed as a womanizer and a homophobe. I don't bother to watch anymore of his crap either. Just give me a good documentary on cable, Hulu or even YouTube. I can no longer patronize the work of such two faced hypocrites who are using their fame/notoriety to help drive our nation into the ground! Yes, I'm clutching my pearls as I type this. So what???

by Anonymousreply 97January 9, 2018 3:57 PM

R5, this isn't a Bernie-Hillary thing, this is a stupid, self-absorbed, rich, white woman thing who actively campaigned against the only person who had a chance of beating Donald Trump and she still refuses to admit she was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 98January 9, 2018 4:08 PM

I love Susan Sarandon.

by Anonymousreply 99January 9, 2018 4:11 PM

You know there are a lot of famous people I might disagree with. But what I resent about Susan Sarandon, and Rosario Dawson for that matter, is that they vigorously attacked Hillary, attempting to Demonize her, ripping her to shit in very personal ways, telling the crowds they spoke to that she was evil personified.

They also attacked other celebrities or political leaders who supported Hillary. It made me wonder whose water are they carrying? Who is paying them to be so publicly negative and destructive? Instead of promoting Bernie, they were attacking, they were negative and they were very destructive. Almost as if they had made a deal with some GOP devil. They were out here in our faces at every campaign event and every interview opportunity they could line up. It was despicable.

by Anonymousreply 100January 9, 2018 4:20 PM

Susan Sarandon is America's only hope.

by Anonymousreply 101January 9, 2018 4:49 PM

I hope in 2020 we will start fresh and not have to hear about ANY of these people.

by Anonymousreply 102January 9, 2018 5:25 PM

This thread is dumb. We're talking about ONE WOMAN. Who had ONE VOTE. And if you truly support women's rights, you support a woman's right to choose WHOMEVER THE FUCK SHE WANTS to choose. Find a real barn to burn.

by Anonymousreply 103January 9, 2018 5:37 PM

Susan still looks really good for her age. Hillary, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 104January 9, 2018 6:34 PM

[quote]Find a real barn to burn.

But how can we be sure Susan Sarandon will in the barn?

by Anonymousreply 105January 9, 2018 6:35 PM

Lotsa hurt berniebro feelz @ R104 and R105.

by Anonymousreply 106January 9, 2018 8:20 PM

[quote] I'm the true Chicagoan.

Hillary is NOT a Chicagoan.

She is from Park Ridge, Illinois. A well-to-do northwest suburb.

Chicagoan? As if.

by Anonymousreply 107January 9, 2018 8:32 PM

When I become ruler of the world, this bitch will be headed off to Siberia, along with Kirsten Gillibrand.

by Anonymousreply 108January 9, 2018 8:46 PM

[quote]The tenacity of DL's Hardcore Hillbots is fascinating.

R77, the country is on the brink of a constitutional crisis and you still defend the people who contributed to that?

Please just go away and shut up!

by Anonymousreply 109January 9, 2018 9:01 PM

Hey R. 104 I'm actually a woman...no "Berniebro". Not all of us support your queen.

I'm not even a big Bernie supporter but he was a better candidate, I know so many independents that would have voted Democrat had he been the candidate --but keep blaming people like Susan--it's much easier to think all progressives are right wing Russian bots than concerned humanitarians who stand by their values and morals instead of shrugging when another civilian gets killed by drone bombs in Libya. Hey, let's have more new talk about what GOOP was wearing at the GG or the new Lana Del Rey album, no?

by Anonymousreply 110January 9, 2018 9:02 PM

Sarandon is a vile traitor, the worst example of a female to speak up about women's rights!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 9, 2018 9:10 PM

Susan has always been jealous of our resident darling M. She wanted the role of Sophie for HERSELF, "Take ma baby, y'all"..

by Anonymousreply 112January 9, 2018 9:11 PM

Well said R110, but this, as I sense you suspect, is not about politics, it's about fandom.

Hillary is their Bieber, their Janet, their Liza, their Harry Styles, their Donny Osmond.

And that's why there is no rational discussion of her on here.

by Anonymousreply 113January 9, 2018 9:13 PM

why take anyone from hollywood seriously? they are from the land of utter bullshit!!!

by Anonymousreply 114January 9, 2018 9:17 PM

[quote]And if you truly support women's rights, you support a woman's right to choose WHOMEVER THE FUCK SHE WANTS to choose.

and I have every right to say Sarandon is a vile cunt, not in the least worthy of branding herself as a feminist

by Anonymousreply 115January 9, 2018 9:20 PM

Ok why does she HAVE to support Hilary Clinton.....just because she's a woman? I know Susan is a bit douchey but since when do women have to champion and support OTHER WOMEN....just based on them being women?

by Anonymousreply 116January 9, 2018 9:25 PM

[quote]Ok why does she HAVE to support Hilary Clinton

Because it would have saved the country from Trump, very easy decision to make for any even halfway intelligent person.

by Anonymousreply 117January 9, 2018 9:32 PM

A hypocrite within a large social group? I’m fucking shocked!

by Anonymousreply 118January 9, 2018 9:38 PM

[quote] Ok why does she HAVE to support Hilary Clinton.

Because anyone with ears knows that Justin Bieber is the most amazing singer of the 21st century. He puts so much heart into every song and he has such amazing stage presence--Tiger Beat said he was even better then Mick Jagger.

by Anonymousreply 119January 9, 2018 9:44 PM

She doesn't have to support Hillary, but don't say that it's because of her voting for the Iraq War, when you endorsed John Edwards in 2008 (who also voted for the Iraq War).

Don't say it's because of her ties to Wall Street and big money, when you've take money from Big Pharma for years.

by Anonymousreply 120January 9, 2018 9:58 PM

Bernie voted in favor of the Iraq Liberation act in 1998, Sarandon is full of shit!

by Anonymousreply 121January 9, 2018 10:35 PM

Dunno if this nonsense -- "Sarandon does not have the right to her opinion. She should think what we tell her to think." -- is trolling or stupidity.

Of course she has the right to her opinion. And others have the right to think she's a stupid, egomaniac jackass, not watch anything she's in.

by Anonymousreply 122January 9, 2018 10:41 PM

Read with understanding asshole! No one as far as I can see is pissing on Susan for supporting Bernie. At least I'm not. What I despise Susan for is her unwarranted attacks on Hillary and anyone who supported Hillary. And she had a megaphone and a huge stage to do it. She is still promoting that point of view and she has even said ...repeatedly...she thinks electing Trump was a good thing. Trump has inflicted pain and suffering on millions of people. He promotes racism and intolerance. He is a rotten, despicable excuse for a human being and anyone who can sit here and defend Sarandon's behavior needs their head examined. This isn't about Hillary. It's about Sarandon using her celebrity for some very destructive purposes.

by Anonymousreply 123January 10, 2018 1:15 PM

R94, got a link?

by Anonymousreply 124January 10, 2018 1:18 PM

Susan Sarandon is the best

by Anonymousreply 125January 10, 2018 1:23 PM

Of course Susan Sarandon has a right to her opinion!

Just as I am entitled to my opinion that she has saggy tits.

by Anonymousreply 126January 10, 2018 1:36 PM

They were just jealous that she had the guts to speak her mind while half of them cower, afraid to say what they really think.

by Anonymousreply 127April 23, 2018 3:39 PM

Cuz gender is more important than having a good president who does the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 128April 23, 2018 3:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!