Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I'm watching the film "A Child Is Waiting" starring Judy, Burt and Gena right now.

Jealous, bitches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 28, 2019 5:36 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 31, 2017 3:05 AM

by Anonymousreply 2December 31, 2017 4:50 AM

Judy looked good in that movie.

by Anonymousreply 3December 31, 2017 5:19 AM

Apparently it took a long while to shoot, I think Judy had to go do some concert dates during the shoot and was drinking a lot, but Stanley Kramer liked her. I read Cassavettes preferred the more subdued takes he'd filmed rather than the classic Judy anguish and tears takes the producers opted for. It's a rather somber, dreary message film elevated by the cast and director.

by Anonymousreply 4December 31, 2017 6:45 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 5December 31, 2017 6:19 PM

Only if you took a time machine to watch the premiere in 1963.

by Anonymousreply 6December 31, 2017 11:00 PM

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2018 1:55 AM

I just sucked my boyfriend off and now were drinking martinis and watching She's Gotta Have It on the Netflix. Plus we're in our 30's. So no OP. Im not jealous.

by Anonymousreply 8July 8, 2018 1:59 AM

It's so odd that after the tremendous early 60s peak (three live films including a nomination for Nuremburg and two animated ones) that there weren't any real film roles in the offing, even after the fizzle of I Could Go On Singing that someone didn't put her in nice sized supporting roles or more roles in smaller/indie films (they did exist then). Not talking about Harlow or Valley here; talking about 1963-65.

Those early 60s years when she made her last films were also the years of Carnegie Hall and the best of the TV specials, so she was a multimedia star at her peak and not a niche performer.

Traditional Garland wisdom is that it all fell apart after the series, and it's true that she wasn't doing much in the way of film or TV after that and was mainly concertizing. But she was pretty reliable fulfilling the live dates in 1965 and 66. It's that final stand at the Palace where she's obviously quite the worse for wear, and a disproportionate number of the really awful stories come from the 1967-69 period.

by Anonymousreply 9July 8, 2018 2:10 AM

R9, you need to read one of the good bios of Judy. She was of course a towering talent- nearly dead in the late 50s from her habits. After Carnegie Hall a few movies and the TV show she more or less began her final slide. That early 60s period was a 4 year stretch where she managed to hold it together with a thread probably her last heroic effort to take care of her family. However she was impossible to work with, late, strung out, you name it- and didn’t pocket a nickel. She got so bad she lost her children- even they could not save her from herself. But that magic talent survives it all.

by Anonymousreply 10July 8, 2018 2:30 AM

I work with tetarded children.

No she didn't!

by Anonymousreply 11July 8, 2018 2:36 AM

Burt Lancaster had a mentally challenged son, his performance is very authentic in this movie. Pretty good movie too.

by Anonymousreply 12July 8, 2018 3:09 AM

Oh yes R10 I've read nearly all of 'em! Most recently read and recommended is Stevie Phillips' memoir of her days with both Judy (as her "minder" and the woman of all work in the Begelman/Fields office) and Liza. She sheds some new light on Begelman's real feelings toward Judy, she explains why Liza's film career died after the triumph of CABARET, it's a clear eyed book written by someone who has had her own success.

by Anonymousreply 13July 8, 2018 3:16 AM

I was molested.....but not by a tard.

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2018 4:03 AM

Well, what were that crook Begelman's real feeling about Judy?

by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2018 5:50 AM

yes, yes i am!

by Anonymousreply 16February 27, 2019 11:09 PM

I avoid that particular film, OP, but I'm a huge fan of I COULD GO ON SINGING, a truly underrated nearly biographical movie.

by Anonymousreply 17February 27, 2019 11:12 PM

Judy Garlic is so fucking tired. Only tired old school queens like that shit.

by Anonymousreply 18February 27, 2019 11:23 PM

R18 Perhaps the "tired old school queens" should start "FF"ing you in retaliation for your scornfulness.

by Anonymousreply 19February 27, 2019 11:27 PM

Tards like blue

by Anonymousreply 20February 27, 2019 11:51 PM

I work with tetarded children.

by Anonymousreply 21February 28, 2019 5:17 AM

yum-ooooooooooo

by Anonymousreply 22February 28, 2019 5:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!