Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Will Those African Americans Who Supported Donald Trump Survive Donald Trump...In The Community, That Is?

I've noticed some distinct changes. It seems to me that these particular supporters have become much more hysterical in trying to defend Trump... or, themselves. They are retreating more and more back to the old talking point playbook like reminding the community that the stock market is breaking records... They're yelling and screaming more while being interviewed. On and on...

Meanwhile the African American vote is coming out, hunty! But, it is NOT for Trump or the Republicans. And, the sistahs are making it known that they ain't havin it!

Omarosa... "Bye girl bye" Steve Harvey... "It was a mistake to meet with Trump" Chrissette Michele... Career over! (Now, that Jennifer Holliday gal was smart--although she had some help.) Tina Campbell...Tour CANCELED! Armstrong Williams... Has gotten lost! Where is Dr. Ben? And, did you know that the Surgeon General was a cute Black man? Neither do most people...

So, are these African Americans forever marked with the scarlet "T"? Is this fair?

Discuss!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 5, 2018 7:19 PM

"Chrisette Michele Becomes 1st Black Woman to Cry White Tears After Label, Black People Kick Her to Curb"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 28, 2017 12:18 AM

I don't understand why black Americans are labelled 'African Americans' (when they're born in America) yet Caucasians born in countries like Sweden, Poland, Germany etc are not called 'Swedish Americans', 'Polish Americans' or 'German Americans'.

If you're born in the United States you're American. It's just common or garden racism.

by Anonymousreply 2December 28, 2017 12:19 AM

"Chrisette Michele Apologizes for Playing Trump Inaugural Ball

“I regret everything that happened. I think that was a bad choice.”

IT SHO' NUFF' WAS!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 28, 2017 12:21 AM

Two Words. Parris Denard.

by Anonymousreply 4December 28, 2017 12:23 AM

R2, people literally aren’t black or white either. They are all just socially acceptable words to describe people. It’s okay that our language doesn’t exist in absolutes.

by Anonymousreply 5December 28, 2017 12:23 AM

#NEVERFORGET!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 28, 2017 12:24 AM

SELF-PRESERVATION MODE

Oh, So Now Steve Harvey Is Sorry for Cozying Up to Trump?

Black celebrities from Ben Vereen to Wilt Chamberlain have identified themselves with Republicans and survived. But this is different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 28, 2017 12:27 AM

Anybody have any rope? And, where's the nearest tree?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 28, 2017 12:30 AM

R8, those two must be friendless. I wonder how their family dinner went at Christmas? I hope they have big families.

by Anonymousreply 9December 28, 2017 12:32 AM

8 Black Folk Who Are No Longer Invited to the Cookout

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 28, 2017 1:10 AM

Ugh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2018 2:38 PM

[quote]I don't understand why black Americans are labelled 'African Americans' (when they're born in America) yet Caucasians born in countries like Sweden, Poland, Germany etc are not called 'Swedish Americans', 'Polish Americans' or 'German Americans'.

Black people hardly ever use the term African-american, it is something other people say.

by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2018 2:49 PM

They won't be forgiven. Most white people don't even understand how much Trump is hated by black people.

by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2018 2:49 PM

r2, I know plenty of Irish-Americans and Italian-Americans, it's up to you if you claim your culture from the mother land.

by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2018 5:48 PM

What a load of shit-Steve Harvey is forced down our throats more than any person should have to endure. Didn't I just see those giant choppers all over my TV on NYE?

by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2018 5:58 PM

SELL THAT BOOK! SELL IT, HONEY!!!

Sargent Says Macmillan Will Not Be Intimidated by Trump

In a memo to Macmillan employees sent this morning, company CEO John Sargent issued a forceful rejoinder to President Trump's attempt to prevent the publication of Michael Wolff's Fire and Fury by sending a cease and desist order to the publisher last week, as well as other intimidation tactics.

Noting that the battle between Trump and Macmillan is more than just about Fire and Fury, Sargent said the effort by the president to block publication is "flagrantly unconstitutional" and is something no court would back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2018 6:00 PM

OOPS! WRONG THREAD!!!

by Anonymousreply 17January 8, 2018 6:01 PM

lol it happens R17

by Anonymousreply 18January 8, 2018 6:02 PM

R13 Eh, most of us are indifferent. Hate actually means investing energy into someone or something which I'd rather focus on myself and things that matter. Things in my immediate environment that I can control.

by Anonymousreply 19January 8, 2018 10:14 PM

WHEW, honey! Miss Joy Reid WHUPPED this Negro's ass this past Saturday and he hasn't been right ever since!!! This really IS worth a listen! LOL!!!!

The Black Trump surrogates are ALL having MAJOR meltdowns!!! Paris has gone off the rails. Darrell Scott is incoherent. On and on...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2018 11:00 PM

The voters who got themselves off the Democratic Plantation by not voting for Clinton should be applauded.

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2018 11:07 PM

[quote]The voters who got themselves off the Democratic Plantation by not voting for Clinton should be applauded.

LOL! Well, you applaud them. The way that a lot of them are whining now you'd think that they're going to have to leave the country--which some of them just might have to...

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2018 11:11 PM

Joy Villa tried to use #MAGA to get her singing career to take off but got nothing but a slap and tickle from the GOP pervs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2018 11:22 PM

Mmph...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 5, 2018 1:52 PM

Oh my word every time I see that GIF it brings a chuckle outta me. he looks so cute with the white eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 25February 5, 2018 7:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!