Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Weinstein Ex-Assistant Speaks Out

What do you think?

She's telling the truth?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2018 11:10 PM

Telling the truth about which of her claims OP?

That Harvey had numerous consensual sexual relationships with actresses and even well known actresses (emphasis on plural) or that Harvey attempted to rape her colleague?

by Anonymousreply 1December 22, 2017 11:58 PM

I keep an eye out for unattending threads on DL. Sometimes, there's something really smart, that's slipped under our noses, that gets ignored. This is one of them. This video is really interesting. Thanks, OP!

by Anonymousreply 2December 23, 2017 12:09 AM

Sienna Miller was one of them R1!!! Watch this! It's so obvious

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 23, 2017 12:13 AM

Sure why wouldn't she be telling the truth? Seems all pretty straightforward.

by Anonymousreply 4December 23, 2017 12:14 AM

Milo was such a handsome young man.

by Anonymousreply 5December 23, 2017 12:26 AM

Thanks for that revealing clip R3. Sienna clearly was one of them. One of the many.

by Anonymousreply 6December 23, 2017 12:26 AM

Saw this when I looked at r3 video.

Interesting to watch the body language between Scarlett and Harvey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 23, 2017 12:27 AM

Wait r3 does this mean that she WAS bearding for Jude?

by Anonymousreply 8December 23, 2017 12:27 AM

Have none of you ever schmoozed at parties? These clips really tell you very little except these are all flirty bold women which you would expect to see in their world.

by Anonymousreply 9December 23, 2017 2:14 AM

R9 Not with scummy rapists we haven't, darling

by Anonymousreply 10December 23, 2017 2:21 AM

R7 Johansson =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 23, 2017 2:31 AM

She is telling the truth. She is a longtime friend of my sister.

by Anonymousreply 12December 23, 2017 2:43 AM

She seems smarter and less melodramatic than the other accusers, and unlike others at least tried to do something at the time.

by Anonymousreply 13December 23, 2017 2:53 AM

Could someone give a brief synopsis of the video please?

by Anonymousreply 14December 23, 2017 3:09 AM

Why would I have a reason not to believe her, OP?

I worked around Scott Rudin and he was nice to me, a total nobody in his world, by the way. I also knew some of his assistants at the time and I was aware of the extent of craziness going on in Rudin's office. But he WAS nice to me and that's how I remember him, and I don't have a bad word to say about him when it comes to the brief interactions I had with him.

by Anonymousreply 15December 23, 2017 3:19 AM

She's telling the truth about Harvey. Of course she is.

But who the hell told her she had a legal claim? Someone else was the victim of a sexual assault and that person didn't go to the police or retain evidence, so this woman was constructively discharged? I'm sure it all happened and I'm sure it was hell on earth being around him, but there's no legal claim for her out of that incident and $125k proves it. It would cost Miramax that much to get the case dismissed at an early point in the process. Dismissal would be nice, but that wouldn't buy her silence. Sadly, she settled for peanuts and obligated herself unnecessarily to a lot of restrictions.

by Anonymousreply 16December 23, 2017 3:27 AM

She seems lovely and smart, R12. I hope she is doing work that she likes, with people she likes.

by Anonymousreply 17December 23, 2017 3:42 AM

Talk about a swing and a miss. Signed a NDA, but didn't have a copy of it, tried to pad it with things she couldn't possibly enforce (making Harvey go to therapy, attending one of his sessions), all for 125k and to be driven out of the business.

by Anonymousreply 18December 23, 2017 3:45 AM

Well, she was in her early twenties, R18. How many of us would have outsmarted Miramax at her age?

by Anonymousreply 19December 23, 2017 3:48 AM

Of course she is telling the truth, Weinstein is a lying piece of shit rapist.

by Anonymousreply 20December 23, 2017 4:06 AM

Jeez, R919. I hope her lawyer was more seasoned than she was at that time. But it seems her lawyer was paid off by Miramax.

by Anonymousreply 21December 23, 2017 11:59 AM

She seems a pretty reliable witness. I don't know if I'd have had the backbone to stand up to someone like Weinstien, especially in my early 20's.

by Anonymousreply 22December 23, 2017 12:25 PM

Her actions can be easily explained by her youth; in my 20s, I naively thought, too, that the good guys would win, I was unaware by the bro network of misogynists ganging up on women so viciously and often applauded by gay men.

by Anonymousreply 23December 23, 2017 12:48 PM

Eat a dick, homophobe @ R23

by Anonymousreply 24December 23, 2017 2:52 PM

You can clearly see she is 100% telling the truth here. Notice how she’s not bleeting out the same old cliches about just women. She’s mentioning how he humiliated men a hell of a lot. She’s presenting a very vivid depiction of his personality and also the environment of the hotel, which wasn’t a bedroom but a large suite. So it wasn’t odd to be asked there, as there would have been a living space he worked from.

Her experiences happened in 1998. When she discusses actresses he was “intimate” with, it’s obvious one of them would have been Paltrow. In 97 and 98 Paltrow has become very famous off of Miramax films.

This man is an evil pig, so when is it going to be publicly said that if actresses were having affairs with him but are now claiming sexual assault it’s as bad as allowing his poor victims to suffer in silence? It’s a terrible thing for a woman to use someone else’s horrific experience as a smokescreen to hide their past behaviour. To me, it’s like people starting a Go Fund Me page claiming they have cancer when they don’t. It’s a disgusting thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 25December 23, 2017 3:27 PM

R8 Yes

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2018 5:41 PM

For those of us who can't watch youtube videos at work, will someone please kindly summarize they key points.

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2018 6:35 PM

I found her account to be believable.

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2018 10:06 PM

What is an "unattending thread," R2?

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2018 10:10 PM

I think we're all experiencing rape fatigue.

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2018 10:35 PM

[qoute]I think we're all experiencing rape fatigue.

Esp women, R30, esp women!

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2018 10:47 PM

[quote]I think we're all experiencing rape fatigue.

Esp women, R30, esp women!

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2018 10:55 PM

E23 needs to feed her homophobic cunt to a chipper to tenderize it a little.

Don't blame the only men who wouldn't touch a pussy for being complicit in women's games and abuse.

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2018 11:10 PM

Wait - Is the "misogyny kills us" troll back?

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2018 11:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!