Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bye, Elicia! Elizabeth Vargas OUT at ABC News

Raise a glass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 11, 2018 3:50 AM

Apparently nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 1December 22, 2017 6:59 PM

I've hated this bitch since the hatchet job they did to Matthew Shepard's memory on 20/20.

by Anonymousreply 2December 22, 2017 7:42 PM

Does David Muir need comforting?

by Anonymousreply 3December 22, 2017 8:34 PM

Did she show up drunky drunk at work again?

by Anonymousreply 4December 22, 2017 8:40 PM

Whom did she harrass?

by Anonymousreply 5December 22, 2017 8:42 PM

[quote]Whom did she harrass?

Apparently, the viewing public.

by Anonymousreply 6December 22, 2017 9:22 PM

She was very unpopular off-camera so this comes as no surprise. She's one of the few anchors left who does no writing, just reads others words in a (sometimes) pretty dress.

by Anonymousreply 7December 22, 2017 9:25 PM

Wow. This is real good news. They finally got rid of the drunken narcissist. I don't know which was worse, the narcissism or the alcoholism. Whatever. Good fucking riddance.

by Anonymousreply 8December 22, 2017 9:29 PM

I win!!!

by Anonymousreply 9December 22, 2017 9:34 PM

Terrible, homophobic, not even close to a journalist.

Bye, Felicia.

by Anonymousreply 10December 22, 2017 10:57 PM

Same here, R2.

by Anonymousreply 11December 22, 2017 11:03 PM

She treated her children horribly and neglected them too. She even ruined a few of their birthdays and special occasions with her drinking. Her husband had to divorce her a few years ago, he had no other choice. A few times he had come home and the children were hungry and the house was dark and cold. She was passed out drunk. She didn't even think that if she was going to drink to have the nanny care for the children before she hit the bottle. Nope. She just started drinking around them and then passed out, leaving them to fend for themselves. A true cunt. One who only cares about herself. She should have lost custody long before she did and she should been fired from 20/20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 12December 22, 2017 11:17 PM

Her husbond drives her to drink--allegedly

by Anonymousreply 13December 22, 2017 11:31 PM

a real New York Jew

by Anonymousreply 14December 22, 2017 11:36 PM

Damn the claws are out here tonight.

by Anonymousreply 15December 22, 2017 11:38 PM

Fuck you, 14, and ta ta.

by Anonymousreply 16December 22, 2017 11:38 PM

I just banned r14 from my life, too!

by Anonymousreply 17December 23, 2017 2:28 AM

Elizabeth is on 20/20 right now. It's not a rerun, it's the regularly scheduled Friday 10:00 pm show. I assume it was already taped before she was let go, and it's her last show. At least I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 18December 23, 2017 2:45 AM

R15, certain gays intensely dislike her because she evidently did a report for ABC years ago that somehow cast doubt on Matthew Shepard's story? or something.

by Anonymousreply 19December 23, 2017 2:49 AM

She looks like a cheap hooker in her sleeveless dresses, no matter the season.

Now that she won't be on camera all the time, somebody get her a cheeseburger, please.

by Anonymousreply 20December 23, 2017 2:52 AM

R13, starting at 30:13, you twit...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 23, 2017 3:00 AM

I know her as an acquaintance . She is a lovely and sweet , sensitive person . Her story is very sad . Gosh , it’s very hard to live in the public eye . Sometimes people aren’t what they seem at all .

by Anonymousreply 22December 23, 2017 3:03 AM

She's leaving about 20 years too late, the fucking asshole...

by Anonymousreply 23December 23, 2017 3:04 AM

Though I guess 20/20 isn't strictly a news program, I don't think audiences want to see just a pretty face any more, simply reading the story. Because of CNN and MSNBC (and Fox, as well, I guess) we expect news readers to have opinions and an honest point of view.

Sadly, Elizabeth is a remainder from the Joan Lunden era of ABC.

by Anonymousreply 24December 23, 2017 3:10 AM

Thank you, R21.

Collective memory is short, unfortunately.

I hope Vargas rots in hell

by Anonymousreply 25December 23, 2017 3:18 AM

[quote]I know her as an acquaintance . She is a lovely and sweet , sensitive person .

Republicans are not 'lovely and sweet'. She's a right-wing cunt. And she practiced her wingnuttery in her work as a 'journalist', participating in a homophobic hit piece against Matthew Shepard that should NOT be forgotten. Karma's a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 26December 23, 2017 8:20 AM

I remember liking her so much back in my college years in the mid 1990s, then noticing she was turning really cold and biased. Then the Matthew Shepard piece which was shocking and hateful, and for years assholes online would cite it as proof that it wasn't a hate crime.

That she had 13 more years of career after that is shameful.

by Anonymousreply 27December 23, 2017 11:50 AM

Isn’t she married to musician Marc Cohn?

by Anonymousreply 28December 23, 2017 1:01 PM

I hate ABC news Fire them all.

by Anonymousreply 29December 23, 2017 1:12 PM

[quote] Isn’t she married to musician Marc Cohn?

WAS...past tense.

by Anonymousreply 30December 23, 2017 1:16 PM

R18, she will be with ABC until 05/2018.

R24, cable news is not journalism. Journalists are supposed to appear objective and NEVER offer an opinion on a news story.

by Anonymousreply 31December 23, 2017 1:36 PM

She says the words they write for her. Producers write the scripts. And do the research. Some correspondents are very involved in writing and reporting. Others not. Vargas apparently not at all. She has a serious substance abuse problem and has relapsed more than once. I'm surprised they didn't cut her loose before.

by Anonymousreply 32December 23, 2017 1:48 PM

She will not be missed by her colleagues. She will be replaced at 20/20 by one of those other females crowding around the ABC news desk.

by Anonymousreply 33December 23, 2017 1:59 PM

[quote] I've hated this bitch since the hatchet job they did to Matthew Shepard's memory on 20/20.

I wish they could do a literal hatchet job on his killers. The anti-death penalty fanatics just enable more anti-gay hate crimes.

by Anonymousreply 34December 23, 2017 2:23 PM

r33, that was my point.

Once they've seen Rachel Maddow, Joy Reid, Katy Tur, et. al., the "unbiased" readings of Elizabeth Vargas are no longer very engaging.

by Anonymousreply 35December 23, 2017 2:29 PM

Well, if she just reads whatever they write for her, who wrote the shit about Matthew Shepard? They need to go too!

by Anonymousreply 36December 23, 2017 2:32 PM

R2. I too have despised that bitch since the 20/20 bit she did that all but claimed that Matthew Shepard deserved what happened to him.

by Anonymousreply 37December 23, 2017 2:36 PM

R35 needs to take a course in journalism. Viewers who tune into their preferred cable news network ie MSNBC, FOX and CNN do so because they want to hear their preferred version of a news story. ABC News (contrary to certain current opinion) is an actual news division and adheres to old school values. Their anchors and reporters do not offer their "unbiased" opinions on a story, if they did they'd be terminated.

by Anonymousreply 38December 23, 2017 2:39 PM

You mean the junkie "angel" of Laramie, r2. Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 39December 23, 2017 2:44 PM

[quote][R2]. I too have despised that bitch since the 20/20 bit she did that all but claimed that Matthew Shepard deserved what happened to him.

She WHAT?

Burn, bitch, burn!

by Anonymousreply 40December 23, 2017 2:55 PM

R39 is Stephen Jimenez

by Anonymousreply 41December 23, 2017 3:50 PM

Goodbye, raging stinking bitchcunt from hell.

by Anonymousreply 42December 23, 2017 3:54 PM

[quote]Bye, Elicia!

Good one, OP.

by Anonymousreply 43December 23, 2017 4:21 PM

¡Adiós, pendeja!

by Anonymousreply 44December 23, 2017 5:16 PM

R22 That's why you think she's sweet and nice. Because she's an acquaintance. Many "acquaintances" are nice, until you get to know them.

You didn't really KNOW her.

by Anonymousreply 45December 23, 2017 5:23 PM

It's quite possible that they asked EV(il) to resign as soon as her contract expired and told her ahead of time they would not be renewing it. So of course she figured she might as well resign instead of a negative public perception forming among her viewers that she was asked to leave or was not going to be renewed. They may have told her months in advance that they didn't want to renew her contract in the Spring so she could complete her 25 yrs there and she agreed as she's been there 20 yrs and is probably getting a nice payout/bonus on the way out.

She has screwed up numerous shoots by coming into work drunk or not showing up at all. Schedules had to be arranged, people were inconvenienced, etc. Sometimes she never showed up at all and everyone was worried, calling everywhere as they couldn't find her and she wasn't returning calls, text messages. etc. She had everyone looking for her, worried, fearing the worst. Happened many times.

One of the (well planned in advance) shoots she messed up involved the camera crew and other staff packing up the equipment and flying 3,000 miles from NY to CA where she was staying at her SoCal home. When they arrived she was unprepared and was so drunk she was unable to read the teleprompter and blew the whole shoot. Yet she still got to work at 20/20 another four years.

I don't think they wanted her to make her 25th anniversary because she was frustrating, disruptive, unreliable and useless. So they guided her out and paid her off. This way, she wouldn't finish out her last 5 years, but would still leave on good terms. That's my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 46December 23, 2017 5:58 PM

She really is the textbook definition of a cuntface.

by Anonymousreply 47December 23, 2017 6:25 PM

LOL R38, 20/20, where the Whack-Job did her Hit-Job, is a little different from the rest of the news division. Let's be clear - Vargas not only presented the story, she OWNED it. She went on The View to promote, and EVERYONE there went along with it, with Meredith saying at the end "Well, at least we now know the TRUE story". Then Vargas essentially went on a victory lap at conservative group meetings all over the country for taking down Sheperd. This was HERS, and if you look at that In The Life piece, she violated damn near every journalistic ethic and standard to do it. She sought to build her conservative journalistic cred on the grave of a man who could not speak for himself. It was gratifying when NOW expressed sympathy to her when she was replaced by Charles Gibson, and there got an earful from gay men who still remembered what a monster she is...

by Anonymousreply 48December 23, 2017 8:05 PM

R47 = Peggy Wood's ghost

by Anonymousreply 49December 23, 2017 8:07 PM

Vargas isn't "OUT." She's leaving after 20 years. Her decision.

by Anonymousreply 50December 23, 2017 9:06 PM

Wasn't her decision. She's too expensive given her low profile with ABC's audience.

by Anonymousreply 51December 23, 2017 9:44 PM

^ I agree. She was costing them a bundle, as she was intoxicated quite often. The drinking wasn't getting better, it was getting worse.

She had said so herself during an interview a year or so ago. Her drinking was way out of control, it wasn't a secret. Several insurance-paid rehab stints didn't work for her. They had no choice but to inform her that her contract would not be renewed, and maybe the resignation was mutual but I doubt she was the one who brought it up. She was more of a liability than an asset.

She was probably asked to resign and informed that her contract would not be renewed but she was allowed to remain through the remainder of her current contract. Less messy that way and she will walk away with more money than if she had handed in her resignation. So she'll be there for 5 more months, until her current contract runs out..... 20/20 for 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 52December 23, 2017 9:57 PM

Why is an employer obligated to keep a drunk on the payroll? The mind boggles at society today.

by Anonymousreply 53December 23, 2017 10:04 PM

^ If that were me or anyone else we would have been fired if the first rehab didn't work and we didn't remain sober after all that expense and inconvenience. She has been causing problems there for over a decade, costing them a fortune. I don't know why or how she got away with it for so long, other than maybe a horny top exec rapist there at ABC took advantage of her when she was passed out drunk. She had said that many times she woke up in the back of a cab and various other strange places and had no idea or memory of how she got there.

by Anonymousreply 54December 23, 2017 10:11 PM

So many freaks here defending the junkie angel of Laramie.

by Anonymousreply 55December 24, 2017 1:35 AM

I wanna be ABC's new "it" girl!

by Anonymousreply 56December 24, 2017 2:07 AM

She's been dead to me since the Matthew Shepard business, as well.

by Anonymousreply 57December 24, 2017 2:09 AM

Elizabeth at R55, welcome to the thread! I'm surprised that can type a reply though considering your keyboard is probably encrusted with thrown-up liquor of all kinds. But hey, I'm sure you've had plenty of practice...

by Anonymousreply 58December 24, 2017 2:38 AM

Go jerk off to Shepard's multilated corpse, r58, and then shoot your nut in his mom's face.

by Anonymousreply 59December 24, 2017 2:53 AM

It would be redundant, Elizabeth at R59, as you've already jerked off all over him and took as dump as well. I think I'll give that poor kid a break. But I'm sure you're itching to do it all over again, faded victories and all...

by Anonymousreply 60December 24, 2017 3:00 AM

This drunk bitch somehow is back on TV with A&E investigates. She is looking HARD ...

by Anonymousreply 61June 11, 2018 2:10 AM

Not sure here but I think they probably didn't renew her contract this time around and she left peacefully, with a nice severance package. She said she was there at 20/20 for almost 20 yrs and didn't want to renew her contract but I think they eased her out because of the alcoholism.

by Anonymousreply 62June 11, 2018 2:19 AM

She sounds like a nightmare. I cannot imagine why they would keep her so long. She must have had something on somebody.

by Anonymousreply 63June 11, 2018 2:54 AM

Who bumped this drunken whore?

by Anonymousreply 64June 11, 2018 3:06 AM

nbc is trying to bring back matt lauer...what a joke!

by Anonymousreply 65June 11, 2018 3:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!