Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Canadian billionaire, wife found dead in their home

A Canadian billionaire and his wife have been found dead at their home in Toronto in circumstances that police described as "suspicious".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450November 27, 2020 2:28 AM

That's a man, baby.

by Anonymousreply 1December 16, 2017 1:44 AM

I always think it's funny that when a dead person is found in a rich person's home, there's something particularly unseemly going on; never mind that dead people are found in all classes of homes. But, when it's regular middle class or poor, it's often assumed to be just plain old abuse leading to murder, or some sort of raged-out fight. There's often a suggestion with rich people that there's something bigger, broader, with multiple layers going on, that often involves the money in some way.

by Anonymousreply 2December 16, 2017 1:47 AM

Headline I hope to start seeing soon, and often:

Rich Repug Motherfuckers Found Dead in Their Homes Across America

by Anonymousreply 3December 16, 2017 1:50 AM

Oh, I hope it's something more interesting than a murder-suicide. Something to keep the DL detectives busy with over the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 4December 16, 2017 1:52 AM

That’s what what I thought, too, r1...

by Anonymousreply 5December 16, 2017 1:56 AM

And so it begins ...

by Anonymousreply 6December 16, 2017 2:18 AM

[quote]There's often a suggestion with rich people that there's something bigger, broader, with multiple layers going on, that often involves the money in some way.

Well DUH? There's more motivation and opportunity when the stakes for gain are higher.

by Anonymousreply 7December 16, 2017 5:13 AM

What do you think happened?

by Anonymousreply 8December 16, 2017 5:30 AM

Where were their children? Did someone seek revenge for a family member who couldn’t afford the husband’s company drugs?

by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2017 5:34 AM

Video of the two with Honey learning how to dance for some event. Nice home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 16, 2017 5:36 AM

I think it’s business-related. Just read his Wikipedia entry and his company did some major deals. Maybe he double crossed someone. (He has a PhD in astrophysics from MIT. Smart dude.)

by Anonymousreply 11December 16, 2017 5:41 AM

That is sad R10. They seemed like normal and down to earth people. Amazing that they were billionaires.

by Anonymousreply 12December 16, 2017 5:45 AM

We have a few Canadian media insiders here. I hope they see this and post with the real story. And yes, they will know it by now. The elite here have a tighter hold on the country, and especially the media, so it won't be published anywhere; however, it'll be talked about in their circles.

IIRC, 33 Div "investigators" are the clean up crew for the 1% in wealthy TO enclaves. If, say, the media heir's high strung son drinks too much and gets 'overwrought' arguing with his soon to be ex, they can de-escalate things. Allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 13December 16, 2017 8:12 AM

Coincidentally (OR IS IT?), earlier this week, Toronto Life did a little piece on the fact that the Shermans were selling that house. The story's been taken down now, but still comes up in the search results linked below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 16, 2017 9:19 AM

Murder-suicide suspected in deaths of Toronto billionaire and wife

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 16, 2017 11:53 AM

A realtor agent showing off the house to potential buyers discovered them hanging from rails, side-by-side, next to their indoor swimming pool, reports suggest.

by Anonymousreply 16December 16, 2017 12:48 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 16, 2017 12:55 PM

Am I crazy for thinking this was a hit made to look like murder-suicide? It just doesn't set right.

by Anonymousreply 18December 16, 2017 12:55 PM

RCMP are on it, apparently, r18.

by Anonymousreply 19December 16, 2017 12:56 PM

For a moment I thought that first shot was another Ann Wilson wedding photo.

by Anonymousreply 20December 16, 2017 12:59 PM

R18 Same here, I think it was made out to be a murder-suicide but really someone murdered them.

by Anonymousreply 21December 16, 2017 12:59 PM

Couple found hanging side by side next to indoor pool. Canadian papers, even DM has it as a headline now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 16, 2017 12:59 PM

Of course it's suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 23December 16, 2017 1:11 PM

How does THAT go down?

I mean, if this hanging side by side nonsense is supposed to have happened.

Him: “I love you.”

Her: “I love you, too.”

Him: “Ready?”

Her: “Ready as I’ll ever be.”

Together: “One. Two. Three...”

by Anonymousreply 24December 16, 2017 1:13 PM

murder-suicide by hanging????? I don't think so....

"I am so angry I'm going to Kill you. Here put this noose around your neck so I can hang you that I conveniently have attached to this railing waiting for you."

this is too bizarre

by Anonymousreply 25December 16, 2017 1:13 PM

Honey and Barry were so VIP that Zhoostan, no doubt eyes wet with tears, tweeted condolences.

by Anonymousreply 26December 16, 2017 1:20 PM

Hey not for nothing, the man had an incredible education, and seemed to be someone that gave back alot. I am going with disgruntled family members who wanted more money from his sucess. Fucking grifters. Why is it always that the family members of a genius that makes a fortune always feel entitled to much of those riches? This was a family member IMO who probably hired a hitman, who WILL talk for immunity when caught, and stick their rich asses in jail.

by Anonymousreply 27December 16, 2017 1:27 PM

This reminds me a bit of the Rebecca Zahau case where they tried to call it a suicide although she was bound up and hanging from a balcony. Hope the Canadian cops do a better investigation because nothing about these people makes me think they would have done this to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 28December 16, 2017 1:32 PM

They should have gotten OOT, then they’d still be alive today, eh?

by Anonymousreply 29December 16, 2017 1:39 PM

What a macabre image. Puzzling story.

by Anonymousreply 30December 16, 2017 3:17 PM

His control of the company had a rocky beginning:

[quote] Sherman took over the company when his uncle died in 1965, before branching out to found Apotex in 1974 and building it into a major player in the Canadian pharmaceutical industry. The company went from two employees to more than 10,000 in several countries producing more than 300 generic pharmaceuticals.

[quote] The transition would eventually cause problems between Sherman and his cousins, who launched a legal action against Sherman that spanned more than a decade. The cousins claimed they were entitled to 20% of Apotex, arguing Sherman owed them a “fiduciary duty” as the children of Louis Winter.

[quote] An Ontario Superior Court justice in September disagreed, according to the judgment. At the time of the judgment the cousins’ lawyer told the Toronto Star they planned to appeal.

From one of the articles linked above.

by Anonymousreply 31December 16, 2017 3:36 PM

Some murders can never be solved.

by Anonymousreply 32December 16, 2017 3:37 PM

If they were in the process of selling their home and moving downtown, why would they suddenly commit suicide?

Did the real estate agent have a client with her when she discovered the bodies?

by Anonymousreply 33December 16, 2017 3:43 PM

Mo money mo problems.

by Anonymousreply 34December 16, 2017 3:52 PM

He killed his wife elsewhere in the house and dragged her to the pool where he hung her up. Then he hung himself. This according to insiders involved in the investigation of the deaths.

Nothing too strange about this case. The vast majority of women who are murdered are killed by husband/ex husband/boyfriend/sexual partner. When a woman is killed, police always rule out intimate partners first.

RIP Honey.

by Anonymousreply 35December 16, 2017 3:57 PM

The wife looks exactly like Laura Branigan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 16, 2017 4:01 PM

Pretty awful if he murdered her. I noticed in the article at R22 where they are praising him, though, they said he had "a very crusty exterior" and "there’s no question he was cantankerous"

by Anonymousreply 37December 16, 2017 4:02 PM

Frau. Rhymes with sow.

by Anonymousreply 38December 16, 2017 4:03 PM

A good thing - they were both ugly.

by Anonymousreply 39December 16, 2017 4:05 PM

God needed two more angels. That’s the only explanation...

by Anonymousreply 40December 16, 2017 4:11 PM

Honey saved a billion dollars by cutting her own hair.

by Anonymousreply 41December 16, 2017 4:12 PM

[quote]Sherman, 75, founded privately held Apotex in 1974, growing it by introducing large numbers of low-cost generic drugs that took market share from branded pharmaceuticals.

You need suspects? ^^^ There's your answer...

by Anonymousreply 42December 16, 2017 4:18 PM

I am NOT buying that this man killed his wife. I would pretty much bet $2000.00 on this.

by Anonymousreply 43December 16, 2017 4:45 PM

I don't get why it's so hard to believe a guy murdered his wife and then killed himself. It's not that unusual. Oh, fuck it. Obviously aliens did it. They joined forces with MK Ultra because it's a big pharma thing.

by Anonymousreply 44December 16, 2017 4:46 PM

Double Homicide, with a lame attempt by the perp at staging a double suicide by hanging.

Doesn't anyone watch television ?

by Anonymousreply 45December 16, 2017 4:52 PM

Did they do the customary anal probe before or after death, r44?

by Anonymousreply 46December 16, 2017 4:54 PM

Yeah, and a 75 year old is going to kill his wife in another part of the house, drag her body and hang it up in another part. Hmm.......maybe .....where have I heard this before?

by Anonymousreply 47December 16, 2017 4:58 PM

I hope it's a trend and the ultra rich start mysteriously dying all over the world. Make them ashamed of destroying the world with their greed, and make them fear for their lives, living from moment to moment in terror, like they've done to their workers.

by Anonymousreply 48December 16, 2017 5:01 PM

There was this, too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 16, 2017 5:03 PM

[quote]There's often a suggestion with rich people that there's something bigger, broader, with multiple layers going on, that often involves the money in some way.

So the manner of death sometimes fits the pattern of their living years?

Shocking.

by Anonymousreply 50December 16, 2017 5:05 PM

"Among those who reacted to their shock deaths was Prime Minister Justin Trudeau."... Trudeau reacted with yet another deluge of tears causing some flooding in the immediate area. Motorists are reminded to slow down in areas of standing water.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 16, 2017 5:08 PM

He's so sexy when he cries. I want to fuck him while he watches "Beaches".

by Anonymousreply 52December 16, 2017 5:10 PM

Lawsuit seeking piece of Toronto billionaire Barry Sherman's fortune 'wishful thinking,' judge rules

A judge has dismissed a lawsuit launched by Barry Sherman’s orphaned cousins, which had alleged he owed them a piece of his drug company.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 16, 2017 5:13 PM

Hard to imagine that fat fuck dragging H around the house then stringing her up. Firstly what would be the point if she was already dead.

No mention of H's cause of death. Stabbing? Suffocation?

Cops are quiet about details.

by Anonymousreply 54December 16, 2017 5:13 PM

They need to pull in the cousins for questioning. Separately. I'll bet one of them cracks.

by Anonymousreply 55December 16, 2017 5:15 PM

R48 I like the way you think. The Doner class is destroying the world for there own selfish greed. That's why there's nothing wrong with what you said. YOU JUST HAVE TO JUSTIFY IT.

by Anonymousreply 56December 16, 2017 5:19 PM

Maybe he was bracing himself for a bunch of #metoo revelations.

by Anonymousreply 57December 16, 2017 5:20 PM

r35 thank you.

It's more than possible that happened, because he could've easily been arguing with her and hit her once and she fell, or even strangled her and no obvious trauma would appear on the body.

by Anonymousreply 58December 16, 2017 5:20 PM

Sorry, I posted the frau/sow comment in another thread. I wondered where it ended up.

by Anonymousreply 59December 16, 2017 5:22 PM

Maybe they both died of mercury poisoning from eating too much caviar.

by Anonymousreply 60December 16, 2017 5:22 PM

If the cousins were appealing the verdict in financial lawsuit, it would make no sense for them to commit the murders. That suit may now be moot, giving them no chance of reversing the original verdict. They'd get nothing now unless they continue the suit against the estate but I have no idea of the likelihood of that under Canadian law.

by Anonymousreply 61December 16, 2017 5:29 PM

It's the trustee who embezzled millions from their charity! No it's the mob he laundered money for! There are a thousand possibilities with rich people.

The problem with the rich is that they live in a rough world where people are not expected (and do not) have consciences.

by Anonymousreply 62December 16, 2017 5:33 PM

One DM poster commented: "They were building a new house in a very tony neighbourhood and had a trip to Florida planned."

- Thinking whoever dunnit wanted them gone before the couple left the country for Florida - for presumably the winter season. And perhaps beyond.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 16, 2017 5:41 PM

There is just something obscene about "billionaires". It is said that they donated a great deal of money to charities. That's good, but, let's face it, what many would consider a large donation, would just be chump change to them.

by Anonymousreply 64December 16, 2017 5:44 PM

This guy did NOT kill his wife. That old man would not have hung is fucking wife up after killing her- There is NO WAY THIS HAPPENED, bitchfucks!!!!

Trust momma on this one.

by Anonymousreply 65December 16, 2017 5:55 PM

Not to worry, Keith Morrison is on the case.

by Anonymousreply 66December 16, 2017 5:56 PM

Behind every great fortune is a crime, r64.

by Anonymousreply 67December 16, 2017 5:56 PM

Is DL going to solve this crime?

by Anonymousreply 68December 16, 2017 5:58 PM

At least until the thread gets deleted because the admins are sent a legal letter!

by Anonymousreply 69December 16, 2017 6:00 PM

No break in, wealthy. What do their children have to say?

by Anonymousreply 70December 16, 2017 6:03 PM

Big pharma wanted the cheap drug maker gone. Apotex will get sold to a big pharma company and the price of Xanax in Canada will skyrocket. I know that for most of my life here in Canada if you got a medication, 9 times out of 10 "APO" was imprinted on it.

by Anonymousreply 71December 16, 2017 6:06 PM

I want to be a multi billionaire!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 72December 16, 2017 6:06 PM

R72 I've heard if you eat a fresh billionaire's brain, you gain his wealth and powers. What are you waiting for?

by Anonymousreply 73December 16, 2017 6:08 PM

[quote]Behind every great fortune is a crime, [R64]. —or so they say.

Fran Lebowitz said it beautifully. "No one earns $100 million. You steal $100 million. People earn $10 an hour. People earn $40,000 a year. 'Earn' means work. Okay? It doesn't mean steal, which with these vast amounts of money, of course you steal them."

They're said to have been extraordinarily generous with charitable donations but, as R64 pointed out, their multi-million-dollar donation would be like one of us tossing a loonie in the Sally Ann Christmas kettle.

by Anonymousreply 74December 16, 2017 6:13 PM

[quote]Big pharma wanted the cheap drug maker gone. Apotex will get sold to a big pharma company and the price of Xanax in Canada will skyrocket. I know that for most of my life here in Canada if you got a medication, 9 times out of 10 "APO" was imprinted on it.

THIS. These two were some of the few "good billionaires." They were the reason drugs in Canada have been so much more affordable than in the US or elsewhere. They were philanthropists and didn't flaunt their wealth by any accounts. They've been assassinated so their generic drug company can be bought and the prices will skyrocket. This is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 75December 16, 2017 6:14 PM

Do we have a DL Hercule Poirot? We may need him.

Also, "bitchfucks" is a new one. Is this a new slang invention, or am I behind the times?

by Anonymousreply 76December 16, 2017 6:23 PM

The house listing has been removed already. I wanted to have a Tasteful Friends subthread!

by Anonymousreply 77December 16, 2017 6:26 PM

Of course it was a professional hit.

by Anonymousreply 78December 16, 2017 6:27 PM

Professional hit by? Because?

by Anonymousreply 79December 16, 2017 6:29 PM

The police said publicly they were "not looking for suspects". That is LEO code for murder-suicide.

Of course, if a billionaire is involved there's often cover up, and that does happen with police all the time, but still. I'm surprised they'd come right out with that phrase.

by Anonymousreply 80December 16, 2017 6:33 PM

All the Canadian high-profile cases have been messed up

by Anonymousreply 81December 16, 2017 6:35 PM

r81 yes, but messed up and covered up are two different things. Most are covered up due to police misconduct/incompetence rather than a grand conspiracy (although those happen).

by Anonymousreply 82December 16, 2017 6:59 PM

This is like a real life version of that old riddle of how did the man in an empty room with a puddle of water underneath him hang himself? He stood on a block of ice which melted! In this case was the pool frozen and they stood on it to hang themselves?

by Anonymousreply 83December 16, 2017 7:07 PM

R74 it is absolutely possible to earn $100 million dollars. Entertainment and media? Not everything is stolen.

by Anonymousreply 84December 16, 2017 7:21 PM

[quote]Where were their children?

Hehehehehe.

by Anonymousreply 85December 16, 2017 7:23 PM

[quote]He's so sexy when he cries. I want to fuck him while he watches "Beaches".

You know he panders to oil lobbyists, right?

by Anonymousreply 86December 16, 2017 7:25 PM

He could have left a note and this is why the police are looking no further.

by Anonymousreply 87December 16, 2017 7:37 PM

[quote]I hope it's a trend and the ultra rich start mysteriously dying all over the world. Make them ashamed of destroying the world with their greed, and make them fear for their lives, living from moment to moment in terror, like they've done to their workers.

Add poorer assholes to that trend as well.

by Anonymousreply 88December 16, 2017 7:54 PM

The "note" could have been fabricated, r87. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 89December 16, 2017 8:01 PM

“very crusty exterior" and "there’s no question he was cantankerous"

In other words, he was an unstable, aggressive, opinionated cunt.

by Anonymousreply 90December 16, 2017 8:04 PM

Right you are, r66. "Oh That pesky DNA."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 16, 2017 8:15 PM

Keith Morrison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92December 16, 2017 8:16 PM

A Generic Drug Tale, With an Ending Yet to Be Written

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93December 16, 2017 8:16 PM

That NYT link is not accessible to those without a subscription or who have exceeded 10 views a month on the NYT website, r93. Maybe someone can post excerpts?

by Anonymousreply 94December 16, 2017 8:20 PM

[quote]This reminds me a bit of the Rebecca Zahau case where they tried to call it a suicide although she was bound up and hanging from a balcony.

Yes! I knew it sounded familiar.

I don't know why you guys are saying he was evil just because he was rich, it's not like he was an arms dealer. He sold generic medications that regular people could afford.

If it was a murder-suicide, why would he have tried to make it look like a double suicide? He's dead, there won't be any consequences.

by Anonymousreply 95December 16, 2017 8:20 PM

R94, you can bypass it by browsing incognito

by Anonymousreply 96December 16, 2017 8:22 PM

Here's the real estate listing for their house. The pictures show the indoor and outdoor pool

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 16, 2017 8:28 PM

Here's Elise Stern, The Real Estate Agent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 16, 2017 8:40 PM

R94, unless The Times has recently changed its policy, you can get around that by clearing your cookies. If you don't want to clear all your cookies, most browsers will let you clear your cookies individually, ie, you can go into your tools or options and clear only The Times' cookies.

Sometimes you can also google an article's title or a long string from it, and click the link from either google or another site where it is linked and it will go to the in.

by Anonymousreply 99December 16, 2017 10:03 PM

Thanks, r99. I'm on a cell phone. I'll just use another browser.

by Anonymousreply 100December 16, 2017 10:06 PM

The Shermans, the family said, had just welcomed a new grandchild. Mr. Sherman was 75 and Ms. Sherman, 70. They had four children.

On Monday, Mrs. Sherman e-mailed friends to book social dates on the couple's upcoming Florida trip.

"Looking forward to getting together in Florida. I am coming south Monday, December 18 - Friday, January 12," Ms. Sherman wrote in the email. "Barry is coming south for Monday December 25 & going home with me Jan. 12. Please let me know your dates south asap so i can place in my calendar... Looking forward to hearing back asap. Xoxo Honey"

by Anonymousreply 101December 16, 2017 10:14 PM

Sad, actually.

by Anonymousreply 102December 16, 2017 11:38 PM

BREAKING - they were discovered hanging above the swimming pool in their basement

by Anonymousreply 103December 17, 2017 12:44 AM

Bitches, welcome Rose Nylund at R103 to the DL!

by Anonymousreply 104December 17, 2017 12:47 AM

C$7m is pretty modest home for a billionaire. From the photos in the listing it had a dated, 1980s Miami look to it (i.e. lots of glass block walls).

by Anonymousreply 105December 17, 2017 12:49 AM

R103 That is so bizarre. I have a feeling that this crime has a sinister aspect to it. As with most Canadian crime stories that involve the rich, we rarely get the whole story.

by Anonymousreply 106December 17, 2017 12:49 AM

R104 they just broke the details on the news

by Anonymousreply 107December 17, 2017 12:49 AM

Was he a real billionaire or a "Trump" billionaire?

by Anonymousreply 108December 17, 2017 12:50 AM

R108 he was a real billionaire. For those asking about their house, the couple liked to live "simply"

by Anonymousreply 109December 17, 2017 12:52 AM

They were building another giant McMansion and had a compound in Fla according to some of the posters above.

by Anonymousreply 110December 17, 2017 1:22 AM

R63 makes a point about how it was done before they left for Florida.

by Anonymousreply 111December 17, 2017 1:27 AM

Who gets the tickets to Florida now? Find them and you have found your killer.

by Anonymousreply 112December 17, 2017 1:28 AM

A couple of the cousins had drug problems.

[quote]"Barry immediately started helping," Mr. Garden says. "He was really nice."

[quote]Nice enough, in fact, to send 26-year-old Dana to drug-rehabilitation centres and even to a fishing camp in northern British Columbia to get him away from drugs.

[quote]Mr. Sherman also bought the other boys houses, gave them monthly allowances of up to $15,000 and financed a host of ventures - including a travel company and a home renovation service. Kerry alone received more than $8-million, according to court filings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113December 17, 2017 2:33 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 17, 2017 3:14 AM

The kids and Lipstick Alley do not think it was murder suicide

by Anonymousreply 115December 17, 2017 3:46 AM

I am going to see what Websleuths thinks...

by Anonymousreply 116December 17, 2017 3:47 AM

Viagra goes off patent less than a week ago and the largest mfg. of generics turns up dead?

by Anonymousreply 117December 17, 2017 3:51 AM

It sounds like a mob or cartel hit, with both of them hanging. Like somebody wanted to send a message.

by Anonymousreply 118December 17, 2017 3:59 AM

I think so, too, R118

by Anonymousreply 119December 17, 2017 4:02 AM

Marry me R48

by Anonymousreply 120December 17, 2017 4:28 AM

According to TVO's Steve Paikin, the Shermans were under police investigation for something prior to their death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121December 17, 2017 4:50 AM

The Paikin quote is interesting, but so is the tweet about 1/3 of the way down. He was in business with Frank D'Angelo. That is even more interesting, and it probably means we'll never know the truth.

It's also interesting that Paikin uses what his source told him to link it to a murder/suicide. That wouldn't be one's first thought about where that line of reasoning would go. If he has a co-accused, then it's more likely a hit.

This has shades of the Ford debacle, which the press would not investigate, and was way, way more complicated that appeared. Ford's cancer was very rare, and very convenient for a lot of people.

by Anonymousreply 122December 17, 2017 6:35 AM

R117

by Anonymousreply 123December 17, 2017 7:05 AM

R123

by Anonymousreply 124December 17, 2017 7:07 AM

120+ posts and no comment on the cute Russian twink in R10's video?

Honey comes across as a likable and fairly normal Frau in the vid, btw, any more info on the event she was trying to prepare for? I feel bad that she died in such an awful way (murdered by either strangers or her own husband).

by Anonymousreply 125December 17, 2017 7:26 AM

They didn't let Jesus into their heart.

by Anonymousreply 126December 17, 2017 8:47 AM

R98 So the realtor went to Law School and ends up a real estate broker?

by Anonymousreply 127December 17, 2017 8:49 AM

When there is a 'professional hit' the corrupt police find an innocent 'patsy' who had nothing to do with it and pin it on him, with the corrupt media going along with it.

For example, in two very high profile professional hits in Los Angeles - Nicole Simpson and later Ronni Chasen - the corrupt LAPD pinned them on two black men who had nothing to do with it and the corrupt media went right along with it.

by Anonymousreply 128December 17, 2017 8:59 AM

Honey's personal trainer showed up on the day cops discovered the body. Cop cars all outside and he went up to the police to ask what had happened. So obviously Honey wasn't planning on suicide as she had a training session that day.

by Anonymousreply 129December 17, 2017 5:42 PM

I thought there would be DL comments and jokes about the Russian dancing instructor in the clip as well...

by Anonymousreply 130December 17, 2017 6:07 PM

Do think we will find out what happened or will there be some weird cover up?

by Anonymousreply 131December 17, 2017 6:08 PM

I've reading Websleuths, r131. More interesting commentary.

by Anonymousreply 132December 17, 2017 6:35 PM

R122, care too elaborate on the Ford debacle?

by Anonymousreply 133December 17, 2017 7:26 PM

r117

by Anonymousreply 134December 17, 2017 7:28 PM

Someone comments in Websleuths that the description of where they were found is odd. I agree - it doesn't look like a high which would be high enough.

by Anonymousreply 135December 17, 2017 7:43 PM

They look jewish. Of course they were rich.

by Anonymousreply 136December 17, 2017 7:46 PM

Were they Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 137December 17, 2017 7:50 PM

R137

From Wiki: [quote]Sherman, with his wife, donated a record $50 million to the United Jewish Appeal.

by Anonymousreply 138December 17, 2017 8:07 PM

R137 From Wiki:

[quote]Sherman, with his wife, donated a record $50 million to the United Jewish Appeal.

by Anonymousreply 139December 17, 2017 8:08 PM

There was a developing scandal/lawsuit involving trade secrets and the Apotex CEO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 17, 2017 8:15 PM

Good link, R140 except I can't read it because I am not a subscriber. Could you summarize the main points?

by Anonymousreply 141December 17, 2017 8:18 PM

I guess this is it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142December 17, 2017 8:20 PM

Sex, drugs, and sharing trade secrets

by Linda Loyd, Staff Writer

It went beyond shop talk to slipping confidential company information to a lover about medicines being developed, and those approved, for the public.

That’s the allegation by Teva Pharmaceuticals USA against a former top executive in Horsham who is accused of sharing trade secrets and confidential business information with her boyfriend, the president and CEO of a rival generic-drug company, Apotex Inc.

Teva, the world’s largest maker of generic pharmaceuticals, said the wrongdoing went beyond pillow talk to violations of the Defend Trade Secrets and Computer Fraud and Abuse Acts, according to a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Philadelphia on July 7.

Barinder Sandhu was Teva’s senior director of regulatory affairs for U.S. generics between 2014 and 2016 when, the lawsuit says, she used USB flash drives to download confidential files on her work-issued laptop, synced a folder titled “My Drive” with about 900 documents to a cloud-based account, and sent them to Jeremy Desai at his email account at Toronto-based Apotex, Canada’s largest manufacturer of generic pharmaceuticals.

Sandhu, who was fired in October after the communications came to light, is named as a defendant in the lawsuit along with Desai and Apotex.  Teva seeks a permanent injunction, unspecified damages, and the return of its confidential information.

by Anonymousreply 143December 17, 2017 8:25 PM

The suit accuses Desai and Apotex of profiting from the proprietary information, including confidential communications with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration about Teva products.

“Teva alleges that Sandhu breached her confidentiality agreement with Teva USA” and the company’s internal policies by intentionally “sharing this proprietary information with Desai and through him with Apotex, a direct competitor of Teva in the U.S.,” said Teva spokeswoman Denise Bradley.

A spokesman for Apotex said the company was reviewing the claims. “We wholly deny that we acted improperly,” said Jordan Berman, the company’s head of global corporate communications.

Sandhu, who could not be reached for comment, lived on Cotswold Lane in Wynnewood while working in Horsham. Teva’s North American headquarters is in North Wales.

According to court documents, the communications came to light after a former Apotex employee reported last summer that Desai and Apotex had openly discussed information about an unidentified drug, Product X, that Teva was developing and that competed with an Apotex product.

by Anonymousreply 144December 17, 2017 8:26 PM

Sandhu was hired in May 2012 and moved from Brampton, Ontario, to work at Teva’s Woodcliff Lake, N.J., office. She signed a confidentiality agreement, the lawsuit says. In early 2014, she transferred to Horsham and soon after was promoted to chief of regulatory affairs for U.S. generics, earning $193,000 plus a potential annual bonus of 30 percent of the base salary.

She and Desai were romantically involved at the time, the lawsuit says, and they lived together in Pennsylvania. No other personal information was disclosed.

In August 2014, Desai became president and CEO of Apotex, which has more than 10,000 employees and annual sales of about $2 billion. Teva, whose parent company, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, is based in Israel, has about 57,000 employees and reported 2016 revenue of $21.9 billion.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages for Sandhu’s alleged breach of her confidentiality agreement and from Desai and Apotex for “willful and malicious misappropriation” of trade secrets that “remain in the possession of the defendants.”

The trade secrets included confidential communications with the FDA, details about the status of Teva products with the FDA, internal discussions about business strategies and personnel reorganization, and how Teva USA competes in the marketplace.

by Anonymousreply 145December 17, 2017 8:27 PM

Teva manufactures hundreds of prescription pharmaceuticals, including medications for such conditions as attention-deficit disorder, gastrointestinal maladies, and pain, as well as antibiotics.

An internal investigation showed that Sandhu, from her company-issued laptop, emailed a “variety of documents,” many marked “confidential,” to Desai at Apotex and to herself at a personal Gmail account, the suit said. She created a folder on her Teva computer called My Drive, which synced to a personal cloud account that “she could access anywhere and share with whomever she chose,” court papers said.

The My Drive folder contained about 900 Teva files uploaded between October 2014 and August 2016, the suit said. On Aug, 8, 2016, Sandhu uploaded an Excel spreadsheet detailing the regulatory status of “dozens of pre-approval and post-approval products and notes on confidential communications with the FDA regarding Teva USA’s active drug submissions,” according to the court filing.

Sandhu’s company laptop showed that at least 10 USB flash drives were used during her employment. Teva said it was against company policies to copy files to external devices and to have a cloud backup on Teva laptop computers.

“Desai and Apotex, who are in the same industry as Teva USA and understand the confidential nature of certain communications, knew or should have known that Sandhu’s sharing of the information was improper and unlawful,” the complaint says.

by Anonymousreply 146December 17, 2017 8:27 PM

I'm surprised no one has blamed Hillary Clinton for their deaths yet. She was just in Canada promoting her new book. And in the minds of deplorables, the GOP and republicans as well as TRUMP! Anything bad that happens. It's always Clintons fault. Because you know, she's one of America's favorite political scapegoats of the far right.

by Anonymousreply 147December 17, 2017 10:48 PM

Toronto police open investigation into two suspicious deaths

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148December 17, 2017 11:19 PM

I saw Hillary Clinton mentioned on two sites re this story, R147. I'll see if I can find them.

by Anonymousreply 149December 17, 2017 11:24 PM

Hillary Clinton killed the Lindbergh baby & Amelia Earhart disappeared in order protect herself from Bill Clinton's penis!

by Anonymousreply 150December 17, 2017 11:35 PM

No sympathy.

It's beyond time we start killing the rich.

by Anonymousreply 151December 17, 2017 11:41 PM

I sTill don't think the husband killed his wife.

by Anonymousreply 152December 17, 2017 11:41 PM

R98, the real estate agent was not Elise Stern but Judi Gottlieb from Forest Hill Real Estate. That's incorrect info.

There are photos of the for sale sign in front of their house--it's a Forest Hill Real Estate sign and Judi Gottlieb's name is at the bottom of the sign.

by Anonymousreply 153December 18, 2017 12:18 AM

Here's the link which shows the for sale sign in front of the Sherman house. You can clearly see it says Forest Hill Real Estate and the agent is Judi Gottlieb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154December 18, 2017 12:22 AM

Yes, r137, they were Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 155December 18, 2017 12:25 AM

Thanks - I figured that out last night, r153.

by Anonymousreply 156December 18, 2017 12:34 AM

Not a huge surprise. As r148 posted in the link:

"Toronto Police Service Homicide has taken the lead in this suspicious death investigation."

by Anonymousreply 157December 18, 2017 12:40 AM

Cause of death for both are ""ligature neck compression"

They were both found hanging above the swimming pool.

So how did they die from ""ligature neck compression"?

by Anonymousreply 158December 18, 2017 1:03 AM

R158, somebody or more likely two people went in there with guns and put ropes around the Shermans' necks and applied the pressure. Then they hung them to stage the scene as a double suicide or murder/suicide.

My bet is that either the cousins were involved (revenge killings), the kids were involved (motive--money) or it was a business connection whereby somebody felt he was done wrong by Sherman either because of Sherman's business practices in the generic drug industry or by Sherman personally.

by Anonymousreply 159December 18, 2017 1:33 AM

Does "ligature neck compression" mean death by hanging, or not?

by Anonymousreply 160December 18, 2017 1:51 AM

R159 thanks for answering. That sounds like such a horrific death like that

by Anonymousreply 161December 18, 2017 1:52 AM

Seems as if Barry had many enemies and many friends in high places. This is very intriguing.

by Anonymousreply 162December 18, 2017 2:03 AM

R160:

Ligature strangulation is a type of strangulation that occurs with the use of a mass that is not the body weight.

In other words, ligature strangulation does not require suspension of the physical body. Instead, it requires the use of a cord-like object, such as a rope.

It is an unusual method of suicide, which is nearly always compared (or confused) with hanging, the latter of which is a type of strangulation that does require suspension of the physical body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163December 18, 2017 2:16 AM

So many potential suspects, r159.

by Anonymousreply 164December 18, 2017 2:18 AM

Billionaire Barry had a hint of mint about him, he somewhat resembles the late Miss Ed Koch.

by Anonymousreply 165December 18, 2017 2:22 AM

The answer is probably in Hilary Clinton's emails. Can somebody check?

by Anonymousreply 166December 18, 2017 2:23 AM

Watching the Canadian news and they simplified the cause of death - strangulation

by Anonymousreply 167December 18, 2017 2:25 AM

From the NY Times

Though fabulously wealthy, the couple didn’t live like billionaires. They flew economy. Mr. Sherman drove a beat-up old car. And although they owned a grand house with a tennis court and two pools, it was modest compared with many even on their tree-lined, country-style street in the city’s north end.

The one way they showed their wealth was philanthropy.

The couple gave hundreds of millions of dollars to hospitals, universities, political parties and charities. They were fixtures of Toronto’s fund-raising event circuit. Mrs. Sherman in particular was known as someone who didn’t like to say no to a call for help.

by Anonymousreply 168December 18, 2017 2:35 AM

... Homicide Detective Brandon Price told reporters on Saturday that police “cannot say 100% with certainty” whether or not foul play was involved.

by Anonymousreply 169December 18, 2017 2:53 AM

R125, this is the event they were practicing for. The Russian twink sure is bendy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170December 18, 2017 4:22 AM

r163 I thought hanging *was* a type of ligature neck compression. In other words, it's possible the husband murdered the wife as you said, with a ligature-then hung himself. By saying both died of ligature neck compression, they are not ruling out a murder/suicide because that phrase is broad enough to include murder by other people, or a murder/suicide where the man kills the wife, then hangs himself. Regardless of whether or not the woman was suspended post mortem, the phrase used still applies.

Homicide police taking over only indicates that the investigation is complex; they might already know what happened, but want to be careful. They are usually considered the best criminal investigators in police departments (with the possible exception of cyber-detectives). They will often assign homicide cops right off the bat, if the case is odd, suspicious or prominent people are involved.

by Anonymousreply 171December 18, 2017 4:26 AM

The Twitter page R121 referenced is gone.

And I, too, would like some clarification of the "Ford debacle," R122. Does this refer to Henry Ford, his son Edsel, or someone entirely unrelated to that family?

by Anonymousreply 172December 18, 2017 5:02 AM

Someone upthread said Honey was 70. No way. She has a very masculine face. She sounds like she was a nice person.

by Anonymousreply 173December 18, 2017 5:10 AM

R172, the Fords are very connected to organized crime via Dougie Boy's Deco Labels company. Rob Ford's cancer took him out before the law closed in.

by Anonymousreply 174December 18, 2017 5:10 AM

Ah, thank you, R174. Something else to investigate.

by Anonymousreply 175December 18, 2017 5:14 AM

I really wish this was the beginning of class warfare.

by Anonymousreply 176December 18, 2017 5:18 AM

r174 the company was founded by the patriarch, Doug Ford Sr. Allegedly, the company was more successful than it should have been for what it did. There were also questions about where Rob got the money for his prodigious habits.

The other question no one asked about Rob Ford was who was his connect? Why do a bunch of shady Somalis have a video of him smoking crack? Rumour at the time was that the mafia was behind the Somalis, and they were the suppliers to many more people than just Ford, and not just crack. As usual, corrupt cops and elitist politicians and media protected their own. By the time the video surfaced, those behind Ford had already covered their tracks, including literally gutting a popular meeting place he frequented to the studs.

r175 it's quite the rabbit hole, and sadly business as usual up here.

by Anonymousreply 177December 18, 2017 5:25 AM

This just shows that no one is safe in this world. PERIOD! It doesn't matter how much money or security you have. If people want to get you, you're going to be gotten. And that's very scary. Especially after someone as world famous as Kim Kardashian was robbed at gunpoint in paris last year. This proves that were all vulnerable to crime. Rather you're a billionaire business man, Or a wealthy entertainment, media figure like Kim Kardashian. We could all end up falling victims to criminals who want to hurt us for whatever reason. And that's scary as shit.

by Anonymousreply 178December 18, 2017 6:07 AM

R178 = The Kardashian Troll

by Anonymousreply 179December 18, 2017 10:16 AM

The Kardashian’s should be robbed at gun point every day.

by Anonymousreply 180December 18, 2017 10:21 AM

The Kardashian’s what should be robbed, r180?

by Anonymousreply 181December 18, 2017 5:24 PM

Why, R176? So you won't have to see yourself as the loser that you are? You sound like someone who hasn't accomplished much of anything in your life. Hun, that's your fault. Don't blame people who actually went out and did something.

by Anonymousreply 182December 18, 2017 5:29 PM

They didn't have great security, R178. If you look at 50 Old Colony Road, Toronto on google street view, you can see they didn't have a gate on their driveway and a fence around their property. Anyone could walk up to or drive up to their front door. I'm very surprised a billionaire wouldn't have better security.

by Anonymousreply 183December 18, 2017 6:42 PM

The perimeter was certainly vulnerable, r183. Who knows - maybe the interior was fitted out like Fort Knox. The design of the house is also peculiar from a security standpoint. All windows on the back elevation overlooking the pool.

If Queen Elizabeth can wake up to an intruder in her bedroom at Buckingham Palace with all the cameras, lights, secured gates, locked or bolted doors, windows and exterior guards, undercover cops, plus footmen, chambermaids and her own handy night table "panic button" not mention having to actually "locate" her room amid all the dozens of other rooms along the way - I'm gonna guess we're all "sitting ducks."

by Anonymousreply 184December 18, 2017 7:39 PM

Dead rich Jews. We should be sad because???

by Anonymousreply 185December 18, 2017 7:41 PM

R183 that figures.

by Anonymousreply 186December 18, 2017 7:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187December 18, 2017 8:33 PM

r187 More Liberal cronyism. Quelle surprise.

God, Allan Rock is a fuck up. He botched the Bernardo case, too. And his sinecure post at a Canadian university-mishandled an assault scandal. Jesus, he's like a Canadian Duke of Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 188December 18, 2017 10:00 PM

The funeral is Thursday I think. Plan on seeing lots of public figures. And Justin weeping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189December 19, 2017 10:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190December 20, 2017 12:48 AM

So it was a double murder after all!

by Anonymousreply 191December 20, 2017 12:55 AM

Wow. What a fucked-up, awful way to die. The fact that the security cameras were turned off makes it sound like it was someone known to them (who would've been aware of, and familiar with, their home's security system).

[quote]If Queen Elizabeth can wake up to an intruder in her bedroom at Buckingham Palace

Did this ever actually happen?

[quote]I'm very surprised a billionaire wouldn't have better security.

This.

by Anonymousreply 192December 20, 2017 2:39 AM

Sounds very sinister and planned

Do you think it will be solved?

by Anonymousreply 193December 20, 2017 3:06 AM

I don't really understand the "jackets behind their backs" part. What does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 194December 20, 2017 3:29 AM

R194 I'm guessing it means that their hands were behind their backs with the jackets pulled backwards and the sleeves pushed down to their wrists, perhaps as a way to restrain them.

It would also be slightly difficult to do that by yourself with a fitted jacket, so I think it was mentioned as further evidence that a third party was involved.

by Anonymousreply 195December 20, 2017 3:38 AM

Yes, I don't think you could hang yourself and have your hands restrained.

Maybe more than one murderer?

by Anonymousreply 196December 20, 2017 3:42 AM

Not just that r74 but instead of just donating money, they could instead put some energy behind better jobs and better wages and encourage their billionaire friends to do the same. Charity is fine, but I'm sure there are a huge number of people that would rather have a job than some charity.

Not saying there aren't plenty of lay abouts willing to take a hand out, but there are plenty of folks that like their independence and the feeling of having a paycheck at the end of the week.

by Anonymousreply 197December 20, 2017 3:45 AM

Has anyone checked the kitchen staff?

by Anonymousreply 198December 20, 2017 3:55 AM

At a certain level of wealth, you need armed guards. That's the world we live in. But this sounds like a hit.

by Anonymousreply 199December 20, 2017 4:05 AM

Here's the Toronto Sun article that the DM references. It's very interesting that Joe Warmington wrote it, and it referenced the Paikin tweet. Warmington is a conservative (as is Paikin), who gets in petty fights with other media and the general public on local msg boards. He's no friend of the Liberal party and he was (is?) an old school crime reporter, so I would trust his investigation sources.

It reads to me like LEOs still think it was a murder suicide. The quote at the end about them sharing their general conclusion publicly if anything major changes is telling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200December 20, 2017 4:43 AM

[quote]I'm surprised no one has blamed Hillary Clinton for their deaths yet. She was just in Canada promoting her new book. And in the minds of deplorables, the GOP and republicans as well as TRUMP! Anything bad that happens. It's always Clintons fault. Because you know, she's one of America's favorite political scapegoats of the far right.--You can't make this shit up!

You just did, retard.

by Anonymousreply 201December 20, 2017 5:48 AM

Yeah, the security cameras would have captured everything if this was a simple murder suicide. Plus, there is no way a schlubby 76 y/o man could commit such a physically challenging act. Strangulation alone takes great strength, not to mention hoisting and hanging a dead body (and not a light one at that).

This was a carefully planned hit. And it was a message.

by Anonymousreply 202December 20, 2017 6:07 AM

[quote][R194] I'm guessing it means that their hands were behind their backs with the jackets pulled backwards and the sleeves pushed down to their wrists, perhaps as a way to restrain them.

I took "jackets pulled behind their backs" to mean the opposite. I thought it meant the jacket and sleeves were pulled upward so the collar could act as a hood and the sleeves pushed far upward to where they could restrain their flailing arms and hands so they could not fight back.

by Anonymousreply 203December 20, 2017 6:32 AM

r203 I thought backwards meant towards the back, like they had fallen down to their wrists, like if they were dropped or jumped and the jackets were undone.

by Anonymousreply 204December 20, 2017 6:35 AM

I can't quite picture it, either, so I googled "jacket used as makeshift restraint" and a few variations on that theme, but came up with nothing. Maybe on the dark web...

by Anonymousreply 205December 20, 2017 6:45 AM

Websleuths r203, r204 and r205. It's all being discussed ad nauseam on that site.

by Anonymousreply 206December 20, 2017 6:58 AM

Sure sounding like Websleuths around here.

by Anonymousreply 207December 20, 2017 7:33 AM

R201 is a fucking deplorable asshole. Please go swallow glass.

by Anonymousreply 208December 20, 2017 8:12 AM

Nope, you're the asshole. R201 is right and is simply calling out yet another stupid poster who has to insert his ravings onto a thread that has nothing to do with American presidential candidates.

by Anonymousreply 209December 20, 2017 8:23 AM

[quote] If Queen Elizabeth can wake up to an intruder in her bedroom at Buckingham Palace

>>Did this ever actually happen?

What are you, r192, 15 years old? It's one of the most famous security breaches of the past 50 years. Please reply to admit you ignorance and/or inability to use a search engine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210December 20, 2017 8:34 AM

"I don't think you could hang yourself and have your hands restrained"

I beg to differ, r196.

by Anonymousreply 211December 20, 2017 9:01 AM

Queen Victoria had a stalker, as well. He broke into Buckingham Palace on numerous occasions, he even stole Victoria's underwear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212December 20, 2017 9:05 AM

R209 fuck you too. I was being sarcastic in my original post about Hillary Clinton. And republicans blaming her for everything. This is DL after all. Pointless bitchery? I don't know what you are. American? Canadian? Either way you don't have a fucking scenes of humor. Neither one of you. You to can go swallow glass. Assholes.

by Anonymousreply 213December 20, 2017 9:15 AM

The official story of Fagan's gaining access to the Queen's bedchamber changed greatly over the weeks and months that followed his arrest, leading to many rumors that he sexually assaulted her but her cool and calm behavior led to her being able to summon help. Who knows?

Would the Palace and MSM have admitted to her sexual abuse even if it actually happened?

by Anonymousreply 214December 20, 2017 9:17 AM

How can they think it is murder-suicide with the jackets on pulled down on their backs?

by Anonymousreply 215December 20, 2017 10:05 AM

The powerful and well capitalized criminals who order such carefully planned professional hits also pay off the police/local government/media so that the killers will never be brought to justice.

Think Nicole Simpson and Ronni Chasen murders, same thing basically.

by Anonymousreply 216December 20, 2017 10:17 AM

Wait, don't Liz and Phil share a "bedchamber"? Or at least have a suite with adjoining rooms? Where was the great military hero during this invasion?

by Anonymousreply 217December 20, 2017 10:50 AM

Perhaps because Phillip is known to be a horse-hung homosexual?

by Anonymousreply 218December 20, 2017 11:08 AM

WW, r210.

by Anonymousreply 219December 20, 2017 11:22 PM

"Stole" Queen Victoria's underwear?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220December 20, 2017 11:28 PM

On websleuths, they seem to obsess over details that are not important.

by Anonymousreply 221December 21, 2017 12:54 AM

Websleuths isn't what I expected, r221. Mindless chatter about nothing.

by Anonymousreply 222December 21, 2017 1:16 AM

Yes, and "my grandson..."

by Anonymousreply 223December 21, 2017 1:17 AM

Rich people will do anything to get out of paying their taxes that would go towards helping the poor, unemployed, mentally ill, school lunch programs, community health care, etc... Then they will pick and choose charities to give big dollar donations to with their names emblazoned across it for PR. Sick-making. Yeah, let’s let them decide what to subsidize.

by Anonymousreply 224December 21, 2017 3:13 AM

[quote]Websleuths isn't what I expected

Me neither. A lot of "I have a sense that" such and such happened. Pretty frau-y, if I'm being honest. Come on DL, pick up the pace and solve this crime so we don't have to hang around on Websleuths.

by Anonymousreply 225December 21, 2017 3:41 AM

Sorry, r224, but most of the federal income tax does not go for the things you mentia. It goes to pay the interest (to the banks) on the money that has been borrowed from the banks (aka National Debt) to finance a small amount of those things you mentia, but mostly to finance the MIC and other criminal activites.

by Anonymousreply 226December 21, 2017 5:44 AM

Wake up people!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227December 21, 2017 12:52 PM

There is a eulogy on cbc.ca

The son and Honey's sister gave very emotional tributes. Barry's VP, Sales just gave a very moving tribute saying Barry will be missed by "The Apotec Family".

All these people - family, colleagues, friends have been extremely devastated by the loss of Barry and Sherman.

Anyone who has time today - should try to see if you can watch a replay.

These two people were quite extraordinary.

by Anonymousreply 228December 21, 2017 5:08 PM

Very sorry to hear of the passing of Bobby Sherman - you rocked!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229December 22, 2017 12:47 AM

Poor people. What a shitty way to go.

by Anonymousreply 230December 22, 2017 12:59 AM

""Get Up and Skate!"

by Anonymousreply 231December 22, 2017 1:01 AM

So this confirms the rumour that was going around: Barry Sherman was under criminal investigation at the time he and his wife were found dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232December 22, 2017 3:36 PM

^ Could that be a big scandal for Justin Trudeau as well?

by Anonymousreply 233December 22, 2017 3:38 PM

We was facing a five-year ban for lobbying politicians he supported. (Shit--what a great law we need in America!)

People don't get killed for stupid shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 234December 22, 2017 10:06 PM

R222, most of the posts on the Barry Sherman thread on Websleuths are from people who don't know their ass from page six. Just a bunch of working-class stiffs commenting on issues such as legal, financial, etc. of a billionaire which are over their heads. Also, many posters believe the deaths were due to murder-suicide which is absolutely ridiculous given the facts we've been told by the media. It was a double murder staged to look like a murder-suicide or double suicide. I'd bet my house on it.

by Anonymousreply 235December 23, 2017 11:33 AM

Amen R235- I would bet my house on it too.

And this couple were pretty damn good people it seems.

There isn't a chance in FUCK that that man killed is wife and then himself.

And the clues begin in how these folks were murdered. To manually strangle someone takes great passion and anger.

ANYONE else would have shot them.

This seems personal to me. Scary shit.

These canadian police better not fuck this up. It reminds me of the bungling of that Newfoundland case with that evil bitch Shirley in the For Zachary documentary.

by Anonymousreply 236December 23, 2017 11:37 AM

Do you think it will be covered up? Unsolved?

by Anonymousreply 237December 23, 2017 11:41 AM

R237, I am scared that it will never be solved to tell you the truth.

A cover up is what I am vibing.

My gut feeling says its a family member, and not an immediate one.

Or a professional work acquaintance with a massive grudge.

The strangling is something that an angry psycho or someone with a personal vendetta would do. It is an act of incredible anger. Or of someone completely mental. It is NOT something a hitman would do. Even is asked to? (Stage it to make it look like murder suicide) THAT could still be done much easier with a gun or stabbing.

Nothin about this adds up to murder suicide.

by Anonymousreply 238December 23, 2017 11:48 AM

Sorry, I meant "Even if asked to", meaning instructed by the person asking for the hit.. A stabbing or gun would be much more likely. Strangling? The hitman would have to be a straight up psycho or hardcore criminal who was just paroled.

by Anonymousreply 239December 23, 2017 11:50 AM

I think so, too, R238, R239 - either a psycho extended family member or a really vicious criminal type. The hanging makes me think of those Mexican gang type hangings that were put on display to send a "message." [I don't think it is a Mexican gang, but it could be some very heavy criminal type or group, out to "send a message."]

by Anonymousreply 240December 23, 2017 11:55 AM

Totally unrelated. Sort of. A case just closed last couple of days in Halifax. Murder trial about a man (Christopher Garnier) who "met" a woman in a local downtown bar early hours on Sept 2015 nite. She was an off-duty policewoman - Catherine Campbell. He was convicted on 2nd degree murder involving strangulation and another charge on interfering with the remains.

(Believe it or not, they played the CCTV footage in court showing the guy hauling her body through the streets of Halifax at around 4:00 am in pouring rain in a recycle bin).

I've been following this unfortunate and mysterious Sherman tragedy while also following the Garnier case.

The Crown Prosecutor finished her closing argument to the jury by telling them it took at least 2 minutes to render Catherine Campbell unconscious. (Technically takes 4 minutes of pressure to kill). The prosecutor stopped talking and remained silent for 2 minutes in the courtroom. (Do it yourself - that's a long time) to illustrate the intent of Garnier to inflict harm. (Garnier was skilled in rescue ops and knowledgeable about life-saving procedures from his work background).

I couldn't help but think about Garnier's horrific act while thinking about the Sherman case. While we still don't know transpired at the Sherman's house, clearly, it is somewhat hard to conceive of a 75 year old man having that much anger, energy, force to stage such a crime involving his 70 year old wife.

In the case of Garnier, Garnier was likely agitated - he was upset as he had just split up with his girlfriend. The murder itself - the victim had only been at the house (scene of the murder) 45 minutes before she was killed.

This probably raises more questions. But it makes me doubt that Mr. Sherman would have done this to his wife. I just have a tough time believing this. He'd need a pretty strong motivating factor. Plus the sheer audacity, guts, strength to carry it out. He just doesn't strike me as that type.

Garnier? That's another matter altogether different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241December 23, 2017 12:09 PM

For anyone interested in the Garnier trial, I have posted a link to Blair Rhodes' twitter. He's a local journalist/reporter. If you open the link, click load "Older Tweets" at the bottom so you get back to the start of the trial.

Fascinating trial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242December 23, 2017 12:16 PM

Insightful! Thank you for that, R241.

(And on a side note, it's very hard for me to conceive of murders happening in Halifax!)

by Anonymousreply 243December 23, 2017 12:18 PM

Well, it just so happens as it were that Halifax, Nova Scotia has one of the highest (if not the highest) crime rates in Canada, r243.

I could probably tell you why but our LE is what it is. Drugs come through here like nobody's business. It's a perfect storm.

It is NOT a safe place. Trust.

by Anonymousreply 244December 23, 2017 12:22 PM

Wow. I've only been there once (as a tourist) and it seemed blandly charming and safe. I'm aware that NS is economically depressed, but I thought that Halifax might be an exception. Live and learn.

by Anonymousreply 245December 23, 2017 12:27 PM

Halifax is mostly pretty safe. It is Dartmouth and another area Spryfield.

by Anonymousreply 246December 23, 2017 12:31 PM

Did not want to derail this thread by mentioning the Garnier case. But it was preoccupying me as I was following the Sherman case. Both events, if you will, unfolding simultaneously. I waited till the Garnier trial was over before posting any details. Thought others might be interested.

by Anonymousreply 247December 23, 2017 12:32 PM

It's everywhere, r246. I live in an upscale neighbourhood on the Halifax peninsula and just experienced a B&E myself 3 weeks ago. Cops told me in a 2 hour chat - Crime. Is. Everywhere. Fact.

by Anonymousreply 248December 23, 2017 12:35 PM

A lot of B&E crime is drug crime. It is much worse in Vancouver. FACT. Halifax does not have the wandering zombies and harassing drug addicts of Vancouver, either.

by Anonymousreply 249December 23, 2017 12:40 PM

The vast majority of crimes in NS are men or husbands./boyfriends killing women.

by Anonymousreply 250December 23, 2017 12:42 PM

Their only son Jonathon Sherman (couple other children all girls) saying "These last few days have been really fucked up for my family. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251December 23, 2017 2:25 PM

I don't want to read through 251 posts. Can someone please summarize it, what happened to them? TIA.

by Anonymousreply 252December 23, 2017 2:34 PM

They were both found hanged, R252. No one knows if it is murder-suicide or double murder.

by Anonymousreply 253December 23, 2017 2:37 PM

[quote] This was a family member IMO who probably hired a hitman, who WILL talk for immunity when caught, and stick their rich asses in jail.

Are you 12 years old? No hit man who killed 2 people would ever get immunity.

by Anonymousreply 254December 23, 2017 2:49 PM

LOL! R254.

by Anonymousreply 255December 23, 2017 3:16 PM

I just googled "wife hires hitman" and found this. Woman hires a guy to shoot / kill her husband. Wife received 100 year sentence.

Hitman received life **without parole.**

This was in Chicago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256December 23, 2017 3:27 PM

Reddit also does not have any info re this case.

by Anonymousreply 257December 23, 2017 4:42 PM

'Happened for a reason'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258December 23, 2017 4:47 PM

Bet you dollars to donuts someone is writing a book on this. It'll be on the NYT best sellers when it comes out.

by Anonymousreply 259December 23, 2017 5:41 PM

They have to solve it, though.

by Anonymousreply 260December 23, 2017 5:53 PM

The book could take a year or more to write, r260. Lots can happen during this time.

by Anonymousreply 261December 23, 2017 5:57 PM

Another case of upscale husband and wife murdered

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262December 23, 2017 7:14 PM

I don't mean to sound superficial, but Honey's plastic surgeon was awesome.

by Anonymousreply 263December 23, 2017 7:34 PM

R263, I agree, she does not look 70! He really doesn't look 75 either.

by Anonymousreply 264December 23, 2017 10:21 PM

Some of the photos are less recent. Not sure if any are really recent.

I wonder if it will be solved.

by Anonymousreply 265December 23, 2017 10:38 PM

Interesting New York Post headline:

Billionaire couple faced financial woes before ‘suspicious’ deaths

Excerpts from NY Post Article:

A Canadian billionaire couple whose brutal deaths are being investigated as a possible murder-suicide, were enmeshed in dozens of lawsuits, a government investigation, and seemed to be under financial pressure.

Work was stalled on the construction of another home for which they had just obtained demolition and building permits last month, public records show.

In addition, the Shermans were estimated to be worth nearly $4 billion and well known across Canada for their generous donations. In some years, they’d given millions to hospitals, old-age homes and schools. But they had only given $66,000 in 2016, according to filings from Canada’s tax authority. The year before, their foundation gave out no money.

The Sherman Family Foundation ended last year with just under $1 million in its coffers, records show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266December 23, 2017 11:01 PM

Is Mercedes Ruehl too old to play the wife in the inevitable Lifetime Bio-flick? She needs the work!

by Anonymousreply 267December 23, 2017 11:36 PM

Who will play Trudeau?

by Anonymousreply 268December 23, 2017 11:45 PM

Trudeau to be played by Roy Dupuis. He's a French-Canadian actor from Northern Ontario.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269December 24, 2017 12:00 AM

Today the media says they were having financial problems. how does a billionaire have financial problemss?

by Anonymousreply 270December 24, 2017 12:13 AM

QVC addition, from what I hear r270.

by Anonymousreply 271December 24, 2017 12:22 AM

Endless lawsuits might be one, r270. Would cost a fortune to keep all the litigation going on all the time using teams of top, highly specialized corporate litigators in multiple countries.

The fact Barry Sherman was calling cousins on their mortgage loans leaving them basically destitute (no judgment here). Could signal (apart from the soured relationships), Sherman needed money?

Endless philanthropic (one single donation was $39 million I think) donations. And probably millions of $$$ to Israel, other organizations etc etc over the years.

Political "donations" to curry favor (Sherman knew money greased the wheels) at the highest levels

The Shermans didn't live large but he was constantly litigating. Who knows - in the aftermath of his death, I read 2 cases he had been litigating were resolved (closed, thrown out, whatever).

Maybe he was paying other people, companies for cooperation (corporate intelligence).

The possibilities are endless.

by Anonymousreply 272December 24, 2017 12:25 AM

If it was suicide, why didn't they just take pills?

Because the wife did not commit suicide.

by Anonymousreply 273December 24, 2017 12:28 AM

Empire builders who become suicidal when their empires are in a state of collapse often tell themselves they're being "merciful" by killing their dependents first. These men think of their families as chattels, not free individuals deserving respect. For them, their world is ending - and so they make sure they annihilate everything when they go.

by Anonymousreply 274December 24, 2017 12:40 AM

So I guess you think it is murder-suicide.

What about the jackets pushed down on their backs bit?

by Anonymousreply 275December 24, 2017 12:43 AM

The jackets issue is a conundrum, r275. But Barry was as others have said an exceptionally intelligent man. A scientist. A thinker. Philosophical. Introspective. He'd be smart enough to figure it out.

Forgot to mention - there's an article online right now where neighbours spotted city workers inspecting sewer pipes leading into the Sherman home around 9:00 am today or yesterday. A journalist called City officials about it and the response was "No Comment."

by Anonymousreply 276December 24, 2017 1:23 AM

What do you think the sewer pipes inspection means?

by Anonymousreply 277December 24, 2017 1:33 AM

Don't know, r277. But I found this online:

"Toronto police were seen looking at the roof of the house that Barry and Honey were found inside, and inside their car. Why would they be looking there?

A police investigation can broaden or shrink at any point, Perry told the Star. “With something like this they typically rope it off at the property line, and everything inside of that yellow tape is subject any kind of testing or searching that the police deem necessary,” he said.

They could be searching in the car for signs of a struggle, blood, or other evidence that could hone in their investigation.

“It’s anybody’s guess why they were on the roof,” he added."

by Anonymousreply 278December 24, 2017 2:05 AM

Thanks, R278. Sounds mysterious. I wonder if they have reason to look there or if they are just looking everywhere...[?]

by Anonymousreply 279December 24, 2017 2:18 AM

Found this in The National Post:

The National Post has learned that a second set of autopsies was conducted by a private pathologist before the couple’s burial. The results have not been released, not even to the coroner’s office.

The family has retained a lawyer and a private investigation firm, and family members have taken steps to enhance their personal security.

by Anonymousreply 280December 24, 2017 2:33 AM

Excerpt from link below:

In a series of interviews with American author Jeffrey Robinson in March 2000, Sherman was more specific — and darker. He had made many enemies during a lifetime of legal scraps with the pharmaceutical industry and wondered why one of them hadn’t yet hired someone to kill him.

“They hate us. They have private investigators on us all the time, trying to investigate. The thought once came to my mind, why didn’t they just hire someone to knock me off,” Robinson quoted Barry as saying in the book Prescription Games.

“For a thousand bucks paid to the right person you can probably get someone killed. Perhaps I’m surprised that hasn’t happened.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281December 24, 2017 2:36 AM

Excerpt from link below:

"In a series of interviews with American author Jeffrey Robinson in March 2000, Sherman was more specific — and darker. He had made many enemies during a lifetime of legal scraps with the pharmaceutical industry and wondered why one of them hadn’t yet hired someone to kill him.

“They hate us. They have private investigators on us all the time, trying to investigate. The thought once came to my mind, why didn’t they just hire someone to knock me off,” Robinson quoted Barry as saying in the book Prescription Games.

“For a thousand bucks paid to the right person you can probably get someone killed. Perhaps I’m surprised that hasn’t happened.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282December 24, 2017 2:38 AM

Wow. Could be a really big story. Thanks for the info R280 and R281

by Anonymousreply 283December 24, 2017 2:39 AM

[quote]What do you think the sewer pipes inspection means?

[quote]"Toronto police were seen looking at the roof of the house that Barry and Honey were found inside, and inside their car. Why would they be looking there?

[quote]A police investigation can broaden or shrink at any point, Perry told the Star. “With something like this they typically rope it off at the property line, and everything inside of that yellow tape is subject any kind of testing or searching that the police deem necessary,” he said.

It would not be surprising if they have no idea what they are doing. Strong investigative police work (the type that actually correctly solves crimes) is for books, movies, and TV, and far less common in real life.

by Anonymousreply 284December 24, 2017 2:54 AM

He gets in scraps and sues because that is his business model. He manufactures drugs that are close to going off patent and under-cuts the patent holder. This gives him an edge over other generic manufacturers. Then, the patent holder(s) sues. He does it close enough to the expiration date, that the litigation drags on beyond it, and they end up settling. They do a data/financial analysis to determine what to target, and the right timing.

In relation to this case, that doesn't necessarily mean he makes enemies if it's known that that's his business model.

by Anonymousreply 285December 24, 2017 2:55 AM

Correct, r285. But Sherman was right on the edge - tracking a very fine line in principled business practices (if there is such a thing). He'd squeak in and do sales before patent decisions were enacted allowing him 10 days on occasion to "spread" his product before patent clauses were enforced.

He was a "fine line" kind of guy.

by Anonymousreply 286December 24, 2017 5:37 AM

Good chance the family got that second autopsy to try to rule out one if not two suicides, as most life insurance policies don't pay out in those situations.

by Anonymousreply 287December 24, 2017 5:40 AM

That's a common misconception, R287. Many life insurance policies do pay out in cases of suicide as long as the suicide occurred after the exclusion period noted in the policy, usually 1-3 years.

by Anonymousreply 288December 24, 2017 10:12 AM

Professional hit men don't take the time to strangle and then stage hangings. It takes too long. This was personal.

Jamming their coats down in back is a restraining device, like handcuffs.

Just a few days before, he'd won a multimillion lawsuit brought by his cousins or nephews, I forget which. He really did stab them in the back with shenanigans around the founding of Apotec, cutting them out of a rightful share of the family fortune. They were livid and announced they were appealing. They also were also making vaguely threatening comments about it to their friends and other family members.

by Anonymousreply 289December 24, 2017 1:44 PM

I knew about Barry Sherman's court case "win" in September over his 'orphaned cousins' lawsuit (see excerpt and link below):

"The Toronto billionaire's orphaned cousins sued Sherman for a cut of his Apotex fortune in 2007. A judge dismissed the case in September as an abuse of process, but court records show they filed an appeal a month later."

And I recall reading that the cousins had launched an appeal. But what I don't quite get is how could the cousins benefit from getting rid of the couple? Surely the Sherman's had wills. Everything would be airtight legally. No point in doing away with them unless.....just from the perspective of revenge. Nothing to be gained other than revenge.

Chilling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290December 24, 2017 2:15 PM

[quote]Professional hit men don't take the time to strangle and then stage hangings.

Some do:

The bodies of three men were found hanging from a bridge in a suspected drug cartel crime. Bags were placed over the victims and messages were hung on their chests - a practice used by criminal groups to warn off rivals encroaching on their turf.

and

Social media users who denounce drug cartel activities along the Mexican border received a brutal warning this week: Two mangled bodies hanging like cuts of meat from a pedestrian bridge.

by Anonymousreply 291December 24, 2017 2:24 PM

What about that Vatican banker and the bridge in London - was that murder or suicide?

by Anonymousreply 292December 24, 2017 2:25 PM

Some interesting data (plus link below):

"Even when a death is ruled a homicide, it may still go unsolved. Of the 61 deaths ruled as homicides this year in Toronto, 36 remain unsolved, according to the Toronto police website. Twenty-eight of the 74 homicides in 2016 and 18 of the 57 homicides from 2015 also remain unsolved.

In the Sherman case, another possibility Perry floated was that police were prepared to make an announcement, but are holding back “out of respect for the family,” to let them grieve and bury their loved ones before an announcement was made."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293December 24, 2017 2:47 PM

r293 so in other words, they'll kowtow to the 1%, and conduct the investigation around them. (That usually means they know what happened, but won't publicize it, i.e., it was a murder/suicide, but they don't want to upset his powerful family and circle of friends and colleagues.)

By leaving it 'open' they cover their own asses, while avoiding upsetting the elitists who don't want their own dirty laundry hung in public.

by Anonymousreply 294December 24, 2017 4:36 PM

It could be that, but what if it is something more powerful than them? (As suggested in the Frank magazine link upthread).

by Anonymousreply 295December 24, 2017 4:59 PM

Where is the Frank magazine link?

by Anonymousreply 296December 24, 2017 5:06 PM

Here, R296

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297December 24, 2017 5:10 PM

I found the Frank mag link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298December 24, 2017 5:10 PM

Thanks!, r297. I just Googled it as well.

by Anonymousreply 299December 24, 2017 5:12 PM

Sherman associate speaks out in Frank mag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300December 24, 2017 5:35 PM

Wouldn't someone who owns a freaking pharmaceutical company come up with better methods for murder/suicide such as an overdose of pills versus the laborious effort and planning involved with strangling someone then oneself?

by Anonymousreply 301December 24, 2017 10:16 PM

Which is what makes this entire tragedy so incomprehensible, perplexing and difficult to piece together, r301.

Pharma exec found strangled and hung by leather belt. Ditto with wife.

All his longtime friends refuse to even believe he would commit suicide much less harm his wife.

by Anonymousreply 302December 25, 2017 1:12 AM

This crime is sickening. It's similar to Rebecca Zahau's death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303December 25, 2017 1:20 AM

r292 Roberto Calvi. Murder.

by Anonymousreply 304December 25, 2017 6:23 AM

Sadly, fish almost never commit suicide.

The fake it but the sad fact is that more than 80% of suicide deaths are male.

by Anonymousreply 305December 25, 2017 8:35 AM

This former FBI seems to think it was a hit abd the bodies were displayed a a message. He says they should look at their inner circle.

Figures the Canucks woukd have to bring in American law enforcement to help them solve the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306December 25, 2017 11:38 PM

R306 see r258.

by Anonymousreply 307December 25, 2017 11:44 PM

If a message was sent, it wasn't for us.

by Anonymousreply 308December 26, 2017 2:30 PM

Not sadly, r305 is blocked....and impotent

by Anonymousreply 309December 26, 2017 2:34 PM

Websleuths is going bananas at the moment discussing :

- The Shermans' building construction permits for the new home, number of variances,

- Trudeau's visit to Toronto on the day the murder was announced,

- Police sewer search for a weapon or glove, or just a fake search to CYA,

- Movement of Honey Sherman from her front door to another place and away from the garage,

- Speculation about the couple's possible marital squabbles,

- Issue of Marijuana pills coming on the market (again link to a Trudeau announcement) and billions of $$$ profit

- Did Barry sleep 10 hours at night due to reported chronic lethargy or was he a go-getter working 24/7,

- Speculation if Barry was strong enough to carry out the supposed Murder-Suicide and stories about how everybody differs as they age in terms of strength, fitness

Endless Chatter.

by Anonymousreply 310December 26, 2017 5:37 PM

Are they giving up already?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311December 26, 2017 6:36 PM

It was an outside hit. FFS. That old man — a merciless tycoon, philanthropic in nature, cranky, and a physics genius— did not haul his Honey up to hang her. With apologies to their Hebrew faith, Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 312December 26, 2017 7:12 PM

A police source with knowledge of the investigation told the Star that the couple was found together, by their indoor pool, hanging off a nearby structure. Both were in a semi-sitting position, according to a police source.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313December 26, 2017 7:40 PM

[quote]Both were in a semi-sitting position, according to a police source.

If I understand correctly, the only way that would work as a suicide is if drugs were ingested first. It calls to mind those cases where someone hangs themselves from a doorknob- the victim starts out sitting comfortably against a door, but once the drugs kick in and they start to nod out, the forward leaning pressure of the body strains against the neck restraint and results in strangulation while they are passed out, oblivious to it all.

Has there been any mention of a tox screen yet?

by Anonymousreply 314December 27, 2017 12:29 AM

And then kill himself as well, R312. A man who was as tenacious as he was, fighting one lawsuit after the next is going to kill himself whether he does the deed and kills his wife or not? That's hard to believe. He seems like he was the type who could talk his way out of anything.

by Anonymousreply 315December 27, 2017 6:39 AM

The jackets pulled down on the back seems to indicate murder, not suicide.

by Anonymousreply 316December 27, 2017 11:05 AM

If he was in generics, wasn't he a Robin Hood taking from the rich to give to the poor?

by Anonymousreply 317December 27, 2017 1:43 PM

His company was making medical marijuana. He held a fundraiser for Trudeau. Trudeau legalizing marijuana.

by Anonymousreply 318December 27, 2017 8:51 PM

Websleuths now hedging (in parts) towards possible murder-suicide. Folks posting long stories about relatives having a "dark side" that has only gotten worse with age. Others still holding out it was murder saying people in Toronto know it was a murder.

Other posts questioning police's first hunch about murder-suicide and telling personal (painful) stories about conducting personal investigations independent of LE.

Interesting (and chilling) speculation on how the potential murder-suicide could have been enacted.

Interesting posts from pages 55 onwards. Forget the previous posts.

by Anonymousreply 319December 27, 2017 10:53 PM

Interesting, r318. Companies getting into pharma-pot industry would be zillionaires. Especially with the aging population and the increasing broader "social acceptance" aspect.

by Anonymousreply 320December 27, 2017 10:57 PM

Yes, R320.

R319, I think the Websleuths bunch is way off on this one because there is no information and they are talking about anything such as "long stories about relatives having a 'dark side'"...

by Anonymousreply 321December 27, 2017 11:10 PM

Agree, r321. Websleuths - is turning a bit 'soap operish' because posters are hungry for information. Posts are getting longer and longer and people are relating personal stories.

One poster - believe it or not - or maybe 3 posters, are even speculating on the amount on snow photographed on Honey's white Lexus versus the other blue car in the driveway. Speculating that maybe Barry and Honey had arrived in her Lexus together. And on and on it goes....

by Anonymousreply 322December 27, 2017 11:17 PM

ha ha YES , R322

by Anonymousreply 323December 27, 2017 11:21 PM

For those who are interested in Barry Sherman - Here's a link to the Globe and Mail (or, if you're Canadian "The Mop and Pail"). It provides access (without clicking again) to Barry's unfinished book.

I started reading it. It's pretty dry. He'd make a great professor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324December 27, 2017 11:33 PM

Excerpt:

Canadian pharmaceuticals billionaireBarry Sherman failed to implement a succession plan at his Apotex business before his death last week, two business associates told Reuters, potentially leaving it vulnerable to takeover approaches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325December 28, 2017 12:48 AM

r318 that's interesting because the government does NOT have its shit together on the practical implementation of the law. There is a lot of ethically questionable jockeying for position around making money from this, and it's included some interesting political names.

by Anonymousreply 326December 28, 2017 12:49 AM

Who, R326 (aside from the ones already mentioned?)

Yes, police forces have said they are not ready for it. I think it was a very stupid decision, and it was brought in to get the vote of some poor people (because there was nothing for them in the plaftorm/ budget), and so companies and governments could make money off of it. It will create problems in society and communities, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 327December 28, 2017 12:56 AM

I read somewhere vehicular accidents went up by 40% in Colorado (or whichever State first legalized pot) and the cops attributed it to the prevalence of drugged drivers caught in the aftermath of legalization.

by Anonymousreply 328December 28, 2017 1:00 AM

Yes, I read that, too, R328. That and much more not mentioned in the Canadian media. Like the marijuana -schizophrenia link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329December 28, 2017 1:07 AM

My physician told me about his concerns relating pot and several disorders one which he specifically noted was "schizophrenia", r329.

The other thing he said to me was "watch out for the quiet ones."

The context of the discussion was by neighbor was smokes all day, is constantly zoned out, drives around the city. She is very moody, paranoid, not very sociable. I should also mention she was nearly killed in a near car crash 3 years ago. Ironically, an ambulance driver left his lane (her story so I take this with a huge grain) and nearly ploughed into her.

Another strange and very disturbing experience was the afternoon I drove up with her to her cottage. It was a sunny afternoon in July and I swear, she was white knuckling, hands gripping that steering wheel for the 1.5 hours it took us to get to the marina. Never again. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 330December 28, 2017 1:16 AM

Thanks for telling me how that works R314.

by Anonymousreply 331December 28, 2017 1:24 AM

This same "zoned out" neighbour did significant damage to her huge car 4 months ago, such that she drove a loaner for about a month. That's how long the car repairs took. She probably told her husband this made up story. He believes everything she says and when I questioned him about the connection between her pot smoking and her driving ability, he told me he "always feels safe driving with her".

by Anonymousreply 332December 28, 2017 1:25 AM

Ugh, R332. Yes, I think it will be bad for road safety, work, apartment buildings, young children with pot smoking parents, and any public space.

by Anonymousreply 333December 28, 2017 1:31 AM

If I had money to put in the stock market, I'd consider any "munchies-related" companies (Frito-Lay, etc...).

by Anonymousreply 334December 28, 2017 1:36 AM

R331 needs someone to do a safety check.

by Anonymousreply 335December 28, 2017 1:37 AM

Some reefer madness starting to creep into this thread....

by Anonymousreply 336December 28, 2017 1:41 AM

Retired Toronto homicide detective probing Shermans’ deaths

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337December 28, 2017 12:52 PM

One of the most fascinating threads on DL.

by Anonymousreply 338December 29, 2017 3:09 AM

r337 isn't Greenspan a defense attorney? If you were concerned about the investigation, wouldn't you hire a former CA? If you were concerned about your families reputation, you'd probably hire a defense attorney.

Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 339December 29, 2017 5:14 AM

I think the idea is to find the "killer(s)", and bring them to justice, r39. It's going to be an expensive undertaking.

by Anonymousreply 340December 29, 2017 10:09 PM

She WAS kinda' fat.

by Anonymousreply 341December 30, 2017 2:53 AM

Too soon?

by Anonymousreply 342December 30, 2017 6:33 AM

They seemed to be rather... enmeshed with Israel. Mossad? Who knows what that crafty Sherman was up to. Guys like him don’t really retire. He was doing something else with his brain. I think he was dabbling in Zionist politics and fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 343December 30, 2017 2:57 PM

The police really think it was double suicide or murder-suicide?

"Perry said the fact that police are not looking for suspects suggests investigators believe whatever happened to the Shermans was isolated to the house, between the two of them, and no one else was involved.

He said that while investigators must keep their minds wide open, from what police have so far indicated, a double murder is one of the explanations that likely can be excluded."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344December 30, 2017 8:25 PM

r344 murder/suicide

It does give me pause that the TPS are investigating a billionaire's murder, just because there is so much that can be involved at that level that is beyond the scope of a local police department. With the exception of the NYPD, I wouldn't trust a local force to have the money or expertise to handle something like this.

To r343's point, Robert Maxwell was not just a press baron. Not that I think the Shermans were involved, or the Canadian media would've known, but it does show that a lot goes one behind the scenes at the ultra 1% level.

by Anonymousreply 345December 30, 2017 9:01 PM

Has it been mentioned yet that their son, Jonathan, is gay and married?

by Anonymousreply 346December 30, 2017 9:25 PM

I'm interested in the real estate angle. The Shermans had bulldozed a property in Forest Hill to build a new mansion (see article) That could open up any number of hostilities with neighbours, contractors etc

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347December 30, 2017 9:35 PM

No,, R346.

by Anonymousreply 348December 30, 2017 9:36 PM

His son mentioned "my husband" at the funeral, r346 in the context of adopting a child.

by Anonymousreply 349December 30, 2017 10:30 PM

Apotex was involved in a huge lawsuit with plaintiff TEVA. Plaintiff TEVA claims that corporate espionage took place, when one of their employees shared trade secrets and classified documents with Apotex CEO. Apotex has been profiting from these trade secrets, which is especially disturbing, now that TEVA has laid off 25% of its staff, including employees in Israel.

TEVA, is apparently up for grabs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350December 31, 2017 1:23 AM

Interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351December 31, 2017 1:34 AM

Also interesting:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352December 31, 2017 1:39 AM

So I guess Sherman wasn’t interested in going unlock?

Question: why was a Russian twink giving Mrs. Sherman dance lessons in her private residence, rather than in a professional studio setting?

Also, why didn’t these people have private security on their premises at all times?

Drug dealing is one of the most dangerous businesses to get into, whether operating legally, or illegally. You don’t get to this level of pharma without HUGE risk. This wasn’t the nice, mild tempered man everyone thinks he was.

You don’t get to $5B because you’re “nice”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353December 31, 2017 1:52 AM

Correction:

So I guess Sherman wasn’t interested in going public?

by Anonymousreply 354December 31, 2017 1:54 AM

R350, r351, r352, R353: that’s what I’m talking about! I really think he pissed off the wrong people and it was a professional hit. And I think it had to do with mixing politics and business.

People are always afraid to speak ill of the dead, but I don’t think the Shermans were such nice people. Giving lots of money to Israel and politicians doesn’t make you a swell human being. And no one gets that successful by being nice and playing fair.

Mossad don’t play.

by Anonymousreply 355December 31, 2017 3:13 AM

The frauen at Websleuths are still on about the houses and trading prescription stories. And still thinking it was a murder/suicide. Because that’s what the police said.

by Anonymousreply 356December 31, 2017 3:18 AM

He was also allegedly going into a manufacturing deal in the Ukraine, which would have cut into the operating costs of his main competitor, TEVA. The same company who he had stolen from, as well as the fact that they were being forced to sell off assets and move manufacturing to India, and were in the process of laying of 25% of their staff, just to stay open. 14% of those layoffs were happening in Europe. The layoffs that were/are happening in Israel are said to be financially catastrophic to an entire city, that is basically a “Company town”.

Again, big Pharma is shady as fuck. I’m not exaggerating in the least when I say that it is literally a cut throat business, much like actual, illegal, drug dealing.

You have to have balls of steel to survive in that business, and apparently, Mr. Sherman had them.

by Anonymousreply 357December 31, 2017 3:36 AM

God, their house was ugly. One of the ugliest homes I’ve ever seen, inside and out.

There isn’t reason for such a huge home, especially if it’s just two people. The kids have been out of the home for many years. And for the love of God, you’re worth $5B. Why live in such an ugly house?

by Anonymousreply 358December 31, 2017 4:03 AM

r357 the corporate espionage was from the CEO who couldn't keep his dick in his pants and sold out the company in a honeypot trap. If you want to really go James Angleton on it, how do you know it wasn't a set up to take Apotex down, and the Israelis knew all about it? The company could have been in trouble on its own merits, and is using this as a deflection from their own mismanagement.. From the Ha'aretz article:

[quote]Over the last year, Teva has suffered multiple problems. It bought Activis, a U.K. maker of generic drugs, for $40 billion, saddling it with $35 billion in debt just as prices for generics started to turn lower. Meanwhile, the last of its patents on its best-selling Copaxone multiple sclerosis drug expired, cutting sharply into its biggest single source of profits.

Point being, it has nothing to do with Sherman directly, as he wasn't directly involved, nor the day to day boss. As usual, the old school journalists' caveats of "follow the money" and "cui bono (who benefits)?" apply here. I read the pieces about the succession plans, and they seem mostly speculation so it remains to be seen the effect it will have on the company.

I agree with you about the business being fucked up and cutthroat, but I don't see the connection here--yet.

by Anonymousreply 359December 31, 2017 7:19 AM

R359, thanks for reading what I posted and linked. The corporate spy worked for Teva, and had been in a relationship with Desai (CEO for Apotex) previous to her employment with TEVA, and previous to Desai’s employment with Apotex.

She shared information from TEVA, with Apotex. What’s interesting is that both were hired by TEVA and Apotex around the same time. They had been living together in New Jersey, and both relocated outside of the United Stated for their jobs.

This was either really a murder suicide, or a corporate hit job. I just watched the interview with the former FBI agent’ linked above, and he pretty much says the same thing.

I tend to believe that it was a hit, and the murder will never be found. Sherman was the target, and his wife was unfortunately, with him. He pissed off a lot of people.

by Anonymousreply 360December 31, 2017 9:14 AM

I still don't understand how anyone, especially anyone with any kind of law-enforcement background, could find a crime scene with two victims who have their arms basically tied behind their backs, and are hanging from railings that appear to be far too low to hang anything larger than a Chihuaha from, and conclude that suicide (or murder-suicide) was the most plausible explanation.

by Anonymousreply 361December 31, 2017 10:20 AM

In that scenario which ones the girl?

by Anonymousreply 362December 31, 2017 10:25 AM

R361, Most law enforcement types are dumb as shit. Especially when it comes to homicide.

by Anonymousreply 363December 31, 2017 10:58 AM

Call me naive but Canada tends to be a relatively safe place compared to other parts of the world. Generally-speaking.

What stands out to me about the Sherman case as a Canadian is the level of barbarism, brutality, and audacity. I'm not a marriage counselor, but you would think if there were any marital issues, one of them might have said "Why don't you go live in that condo and I'll live in this house." Not "Let's design this great big new house for the two of us." So from that standpoint, and the level of intelligence you are dealing with, that side (murder-suicide doesn't quite add up in my mind). Not to mention his access to drugs to do the deed, etc.

For this barbaric act to have happened on Canadian soil in an upscale part of Toronto is deeply disturbing as a Canadian. I am sure most Canadians are reeling and confused, horrified and fearful of "the worst." The "worst" being someone or how ever many cleverly managed to infiltrate the country (or were here already) and performed the contract killing putting all LE off the scent. Almost. We know nothing.

I tend to agree with r360, this case will never be resolved - to the satisfaction of the public. It will be quietly shut and people will just assume it was marital discord gone horribly wrong. But questions will always linger.

We live in an age (and always have) of "no borders" despite the false facade of safety and security. And the other reality is that there are people for hire, if paid well enough, will do just about anything you want. This is the reality that is jarring in this case. No one is safe.

Add to this a possible web of intrigue involving Big Pharma, politics, business, endless litigation and the picture gets more distressing.

by Anonymousreply 364December 31, 2017 11:26 AM

R364, you don’t have to worry about being brutally killed by organized crime if you’re not messing around in it.

R358, I’m sure that huge place was for Honey. Seems to me she was a bit of a showoff.

R361, I have no idea how anyone can see this as anything but murder. And I do think that the killer/s could have done a better job of making it look like a suicide if they had wanted to. But they didn’t. I think it was a message to everyone involved. Including Trudeau.

by Anonymousreply 365December 31, 2017 11:59 AM

"Message......" , r365. Ringshot!

by Anonymousreply 366December 31, 2017 12:15 PM

I think it is a professional hit job sending a "message" as well.

by Anonymousreply 367December 31, 2017 1:26 PM

The conspiracy loons on Reddit are already blaming their favorite villains. Guess who? Bill and Hillz, but of course!

I just had a conversation with my step father. Unfortunately, he’s an upper middle class deplorable. He votes for the conservative ticket all the way down the line, no matter what. He’s very well educated, has founded several very successful business, etc. He has traveled and lived all over the world, speaks several languages, etc. He’s also quite philanthropic. Bottom line, he seems very normal.

Well, this man just finished telling me that he believes that extra terrestrials are actual demons from hell, and that Beyoncé sold her soul to the devil in order to become famous. As did Adolph Hitler. And just like the loons on Reddit, he believes that the Clintons have killed many people in order to remain in power.

I know that there’s a thread discussing the lack of critical and rational thinking, but I’m just flabbergasted as to how people believe the craziest shit out there. And here we have a case where two people were likely murdered, and people immediately want to peg it on the Clintons, and even wrangle in Justin Trudeau.

Fucking unbelievable.

If indeed these two people were killed, it has nothing to do with very silly crap like lobbyists and dinners that were fund raisers for Trudeau. That stuff happens more than you think. You pay a fine if you get caught. Or like Mr. Sherman, you litigate until one or the other doesn’t have money to continue.

Mr. Sherman was a ruthless businessman, and a thief. He approved of corporate espionage, and profited from such, probably many times over. He even went as far as cutting out rightful heirs from his brother’s estate decades ago. He proved to repeatedly do whatever it took, to make money and to keep money. He himself understood this, and had specifically mentioned in an interview that he himself, was quite surprised that he had not already been “taken out”. That right there, tells me that he was very well versed in corporate risk management, and was aware that someone out there had cause to do so. Perhaps he’s even had it done to others.

Bottom line, if you fuck with other people’s money long enough, someone is eventually coming after you. And for god’s sake, their names aren’t Hillary and Bill.

by Anonymousreply 368December 31, 2017 4:57 PM

Interesting post, r368. One thing you may not be fully versed on is the powers of government. I have a neighbor who is also a successful businessman and believes in ETs. He introduced me to his reputable (won't say the company name) financial advisor who firmly believes government operates as a "mafia" from economic self-interest standpoint. I was astounded when I first heard that. Took me a while to see it.

Keep an open mind, r368.

by Anonymousreply 369December 31, 2017 5:21 PM

Barry Sherman wasn't necessarily "well versed in corporate risk management", r368. He took calculated risks. Different thing altogether.

by Anonymousreply 370December 31, 2017 5:25 PM

Tell us more about this mafia r369.

by Anonymousreply 371December 31, 2017 5:57 PM

R369, I find it much easier to deal in what is known, than unknown. Could there be E.T.s? Sure. But so far, I personally have not seen one, as far as I know.

I’m an atheist. I’m a liberal. I believe that many governments, including ours (America) have dealt in corruption. Still do. I believe that we lost the plot a long time ago.

What I don’t believe is every conspiracy theory that is touted. Yes, conspiracies happen, but once you start getting into organized conspiracies, such as “Illuminati”, you lose me.

The biggest and easiest conspiracy to spot, is that the 1% steal our money, and the theft is sanctioned and made possible by our politicians. The citizens of our country engage in it actively, by voting certain politicians in.

I also understand certain economic principles, that are set in place to fuck over the average Joe. But that’s about as far as I go.

I’ve spent time going down the rabbit hole of “enlightenment”, and I am as skeptical as can be, because I take time to rationalize information, and apply critical thinking skills to theories.

I’m pleased that I do this. I feel that I am sane, and usually quite reasonable.

I refuse to believe in things that do not make sense. I have the ability to weigh information against different sets of philosophy. If it makes zero sense, I chuck it.

Garbage in, garbage out. Keep it simple.

by Anonymousreply 372December 31, 2017 6:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373December 31, 2017 6:51 PM

I wonder if we will ever get the story.

Not "a" story...

by Anonymousreply 374January 19, 2018 12:25 AM

by Anonymousreply 375January 19, 2018 1:28 AM

Bump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376January 26, 2018 1:32 PM

Thanks for the update...

Poor people...

by Anonymousreply 377January 26, 2018 2:13 PM

Not to worry, folks -- Enty's on the case, so it's just a matter of time until the next conspiracy gets aired. Apparently it was all done by his current bête noire, "The Church":

We Can't Let You Talk - The Church

Right after the calendar turned to 2018, he was going to talk. He had to talk. He didn't want to go to jail for lying. He was going to have to talk to investigators in his own country. When they asked where the money was going and who he was paying and that secret installation out in the middle of his country, that is where things were going to get more interesting. Investigators from the US would then be called in and that would set off alarm bells all over the place.

Who is the he mentioned in the first paragraph? If you live in his country, you might not know his name but you knew his company. You knew his products. Almost every single person had probably used one of his products. People from all over the world used his products. It is why he was very very rich. He also had a lot of charities he supported. People also gave his charities money. He was very interested in creating products for people that his charities supported. That is how The Church became involved with him. That is the "product" that was created.

Why was he going to talk to investigators? He got busted. He got busted for paying off people he shouldn't have paid off and he gave them a lot of money. He gave them enough money to do his bidding for the rest of his days. When investigators asked him did he give any money to anyone else he would answer yes. They would go through the list and one of those names was going to make some ears go up and some telephone calls made. Lets call that name F.

Why did he give money to F? He wanted to try a new product. A product he had been testing not only in poor countries around the world, but also testing in a facility in the middle of his own country, away from prying eyes. Did he have permission to test it there? No. Those indigenous people thought they were signing up for something completely different for that money they were being paid.

He finally got the product mastered and wanted to be able to sell it to the world. He thought of a way to do that and make a big splash. That is where F comes in. He gave a huge amount of money to F to get his product into a country at a time when all eyes were focused on that country. He wanted every news story to have pictures of his product and people talking about his product. That all happened. He got his wish and the product flew off the shelves. It flew off so quickly that it was easy to forget the early stages of the product that killed people in other countries and his own country.

When faced with all of that in front of him, when he would have nothing left to save himself, the only thing he could possibly offer up was The Church. So, they killed him. Period. And now? That pesky investigation that was scheduled to happen is about to be called off. No one is going to ask any questions about anything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378January 26, 2018 2:44 PM

Oh, forgot to add: here are the solutions to the BI above, helpfully provided by the AGC website:

Company owner: Bernard Sherman (and wife Honey found dead)

Home country: Canada

Company: Apotex (products)

F: Bill Clinton

Product: Apo-triAvir (generic HIV/AIDS drug)

by Anonymousreply 379January 26, 2018 2:47 PM

r378 that would also explain why the TPS took six weeks to declare it a double homicide. They were allowing everyone to cover their tracks, as they did with Rob Ford.

The Canadian media alluded to an investigation to explain why he might have committed suicide, but they no doubt know about it. Of course, being elitist access lackeys, they'll never report it.

by Anonymousreply 380January 26, 2018 6:14 PM

And current President/CEO resigns to pursue other interests...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381January 26, 2018 6:21 PM

[quote]Those indigenous people thought they were signing up for something completely different for that money they were being paid.

And here's where a good investigative journalist could crack this wide open, if it's true. It's unfortunate that most of them are spending their time on the talk show circuit, shrieking on social media and writing poorly written "Whites are Evil" books instead of investigating this.

This is still a sensitive topic in Canada, and there are only so many programs and facilities capable of any kind of clinical trial, or large scale medical program. The middle of the country seems to narrow it to the Prairie provinces, which are even smaller.

by Anonymousreply 382January 26, 2018 6:38 PM

Yup, officially now a murder investigation:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383January 26, 2018 6:58 PM

So who is The Church in the blind? It seems to be a series of Cdan blinds, so who knows how much is bullshit.

We have a few Canadian media insiders here who probably know about the investigation at least. Hope they'll chime in.

by Anonymousreply 384January 26, 2018 7:03 PM

That CDAN blind was so tedious to read through, I gave up less than half way through.

by Anonymousreply 385January 26, 2018 8:49 PM

Duplicate (and dull) thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386January 26, 2018 11:22 PM

We need Keith Morrison's sharp investigative reporting "Oh that pesky DNA".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387January 26, 2018 11:28 PM

Thanks R376. I’m confused (and that’s easy for me, I admit it.) Honey was found sitting in her own blood but was she was also strung/hung/strangled. I guess that’s possible. I had envisioned her hanging off the ground. Or she was hung then fell?

by Anonymousreply 388January 27, 2018 4:33 AM

it seems like the positions they were found in were a sort of propped up for display thing, and they had been strangled before being put in that position

by Anonymousreply 389January 27, 2018 4:46 AM

Thanks R389.

by Anonymousreply 390January 27, 2018 5:06 AM

[quote]Yup, officially now a murder investigation:

No fucking shit. Even [bold]I[/bold] could see that! Took those dumb asses long enough.

by Anonymousreply 391January 27, 2018 5:31 AM

God, Enty’s blinds are tedious. What a shitty writer.

by Anonymousreply 392January 27, 2018 11:54 AM

Also, why would the Catholic Church want this guy dead? The man was Jewish, and observed Judaic customs.

Where the fuck does Enty get this shit from?

by Anonymousreply 393January 27, 2018 11:57 AM

This has nothing to do the Catholic church for crying out loud. It is either business or international politics & business

by Anonymousreply 394January 27, 2018 1:04 PM

is he talking about Scientology? I don't he would have anything to do with them either

there is enough intrigue involved without having to make up things

by Anonymousreply 395January 27, 2018 1:10 PM

R395, I think it’s the Catholic Church. Enty is making the story up, obviously, but he’s also using situations that are real and have happened, and he’s also borrowing plot lines from “The Constant Gardener”, which is an EXCELLENT film, by the way.

For example, the Catholic Church does not want healthcare workers or AIDS charities to teach or instruct Africans on the use of condoms in order to prevent HIV. Why? Because the Catholic Church believes that using birth control is against God’s will, even if it’s for the prevention of HIV transmission. So there’s an example of stupid and also EVIL shit the “Church” does, in order to benefit from population control and disease. Think about it. What would any Church, of any denomination do, if third world countries successfully fought disease, hunger, poverty and war? Same question for plenty of non-profits, and pharma companies.

Below is the link to the plot of “The Constant Gardener”. Surely plenty on DL have seen it. Again, excellent film. Do NOT read the plot line if you have not seen the movie, but would like to. I recommend it highly. Ralph Fiennes and Rachel Weisz are fantastic. I haven’t seen it since it first came out in the film festival circuit, so I too, will probably watch it again.

I’ve heard the book is even better. I have not read it myself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396January 27, 2018 4:45 PM

R396, I love that movie,too. I saw it when it came out and watched it again recently. I liked it even better the second time.

I guess anything is possible but the manner of their deaths suggests other players/governments

by Anonymousreply 397January 27, 2018 4:50 PM

Frank Forensics: The Sherman Murders, Part Deux

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398January 27, 2018 4:54 PM

R397, I also believe that they were murdered, but not because of the lot line of The Constant Gardner. C’mon now! Enty’s am asshole and an idiot for using plot lines from other people’s work. Lazy bastard that he is.

But yeah, they were murdered. I posted some links above, regarding stuff that was happening with the company regarding corporate espionage, as well as plans to close down manufacturing plants in Israel, in order to produce in India. It was affecting entire cities that relied on employment from those plants, and the Israeli government did get involved and attempted to stop it.

The hit was definitely a professional one, with a message. These murders will never be solved.

by Anonymousreply 399January 27, 2018 5:02 PM

Slain billionaire was suing over $150K, filed court papers last day seen alive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400January 27, 2018 5:53 PM

R400, I doubt that $150K was a driving force in their deaths.

This was a pro hit job with two bodies left at the scene . That took more than 1 killer to carry out.

Pro hit jobs like this aren’t cheap. A minimum of $50K was paid for this to happen.

by Anonymousreply 401January 27, 2018 6:05 PM

R364, I'm a Canadian and am not reeling, confused, horrified or fearful. Two rich old people were murdered. So what? It doesn't affect the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 402January 27, 2018 6:19 PM

I agree,R401. I think it had something to do with the drug business

by Anonymousreply 403January 27, 2018 8:23 PM

R400, what people aren’t pointing out is that Barry Sherman played hardball, and he played dirty. He screwed a lot of competition over, bottlenecked them with litigation, he sent out corporate spies in order to work with other companies, he stole R & D, and was generally an aggressive bully, who wanted profits over anything else. And let’s not forget, he made his fortune by MASSIVELY screwing over his deceased brother’s children. He stole their rightful inheritance right from under them.

He might have appeared to be a nice man and he was certainly charitable, but he was also a thief. Someone got pissed off. Surely he understood that this was a possibility.

I’m shocked that he had such poor security at home. Someone who lives like that should have anticipated an eventual attempt on his life. The man wasn’t stupid, so it baffles me even more so.

by Anonymousreply 404January 27, 2018 8:48 PM

You don't fuck with Israel.

by Anonymousreply 405January 27, 2018 8:57 PM

Wouldn't there be some kind of video surveillance for security? It's hard to believe a billionaire would live in a house without it.

by Anonymousreply 406January 27, 2018 9:28 PM

The cameras in that part of the house were disabled. The killers knew exactly what they were doing. They will never be found.

by Anonymousreply 407January 27, 2018 9:32 PM

R404 - Can you spell REPETITION?

by Anonymousreply 408January 28, 2018 1:27 AM

Too bad Honey was a mark. But then again that was probably part of "the deal." Silence her so she couldn't point fingers.

by Anonymousreply 409January 28, 2018 1:32 AM

This story has all the ingredients and potential to create an innumerable vast amount of conspiracy theories .Perhaps even more so than Madeleine McCann or Jon Benet Ramsay .

by Anonymousreply 410January 28, 2018 1:32 AM

This is beyond child abduction/killing, r410. It could go to the top of several governments. The top.

by Anonymousreply 411January 28, 2018 1:43 AM

Enty's such a schmuck. Are we supposed to believe he has sources in the pharmaceutical industry, too? Basically, he's omniscient.

by Anonymousreply 412January 28, 2018 1:44 AM

do you think this could be a scandal for J. Trudeau?

by Anonymousreply 413January 28, 2018 1:45 AM

I think JonBenet did it.

by Anonymousreply 414January 28, 2018 1:59 AM

R412, Enty’s blind I s pretty much the exact plot used in a movie, The Constant Gardener, where a husband & wife are murdered by big pharma. It’s the exact same story, except he added a few things, like Bill Clinton’s involvement.

Enty is trash. Everything he writes is trash.

by Anonymousreply 415January 28, 2018 2:14 AM

I think this one proves he just makes up things

by Anonymousreply 416January 28, 2018 2:16 AM

JonBenet was a difficult child and I wouldn't put it past her to scheme something like this, r414.

by Anonymousreply 417January 28, 2018 2:58 AM

I bet there's a connection to a pedophile ring too, r411.

by Anonymousreply 418January 28, 2018 3:01 AM

R418 = Prince Andrew

by Anonymousreply 419January 28, 2018 3:11 AM

TIL: Billionaire with a messy history? Get some good security.

by Anonymousreply 420January 28, 2018 5:38 AM

Actually r416 this one has more accurate info, specifically the generic AIDS drug, the Clinton Foundation involvement in Haiti, and the known shady business practices of the victim. It doesn't mean it's true, of course, but it has more verifiable facts than other Enty blinds that turned out to be true.

by Anonymousreply 421January 28, 2018 8:23 PM

other websites have mentioned those thing earlier,R421

by Anonymousreply 422January 28, 2018 8:24 PM

Now police say it was a double homicide. They don't have official suspects but are taking an interest in a lawsuit Barry Sherman had brought against a convicted con man named Shaun Rootenberg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423January 28, 2018 9:21 PM

Uh Oh - "Never Con a Con", r423.

by Anonymousreply 424January 28, 2018 10:25 PM

R421, Enty makes all of this shit up. He takes story lines from films, past events, and mashes it all together in order to come up with ridiculous blinds.

The police have no idea who did this. They will have to sift through TONS of information, paperwork, litigation, business deals, lists of enemies, forensics & actual REAL evidence, etc., in order to come up with a true suspect, motive, and whatever else. A case like this could take weeks or years to solve.

Tell me, how the fuck would some random internet blogger living in Virginia, who showers once a week, & sits around all day watching TV, and reading stuff on the internet in order to put together blind items, know anything about the private lives of celebrities, or moreover, know anything about a pharmaceutical billionaire’s murder, and who did it, and why? That’s as ridiculous as saying that I know what happened, or that you know what happened.

We don’t know shit, other than the fact that they were murdered. That goes for all of us not working on this case, including Enty.

by Anonymousreply 425January 29, 2018 12:58 AM

r425 I'm not saying it's true, I'm saying the basic points he references are actually correct, i.e, Apotex did produce this drug, the shady business practices he mentions Sherman doing are common in the industry, the Clinton Foundation was/is involved in Haiti, etc. Some of the other 'ridiculous' blinds have been investigated by actual journalists (like the Jeffery Epstein case) who came to similar conclusions.

He has always written about the 0.1%, and the same names and topics come up. It's a small world at that level. And the entertainment industry is a portal for all kinds of organized crime and other abuses. All of that could easily trickle down to one blogger who had one or two real sources at the tip of the iceberg.

How did Lainey become a Hollywood gossip? She had a minor level proximity to foreign location shoots in Vancouver & parlayed that into a blog that blew up. She did the same thing and eventually became part of the machine. Enty has a certain level of notoriety, too, that would put industry tips in his inbox. Would he know anything here? Not necessarily, but he has a profile in the industry, like it or not.

Side note: this is Canada. We have a metric fuckton of dirt that the media and industry know that the general public doesn't. Our media are elitist access lackeys who know they'll lose their careers/status if they report on certain topics. So they don't. That doesn't mean that they don't know what's going on. (Early twitter chatter from well known journalists referenced a mystery investigation that is not spoken of now that it's a double murder.) Same with the cops. The TPS are generally useless, but I guarantee you it didn't take six weeks for them to know it was a double homicide. It is a complicated case, but the Goldman rule that nobody knows anything is bullshit here.

by Anonymousreply 426January 29, 2018 2:00 AM

A source told CBC Toronto that private investigators believe that the billionaire Toronto couple was murdered by multiple killers. The cause of death was strangulation.

by Anonymousreply 427January 29, 2018 12:03 PM

R426, OK. I understand what you’re saying. However, even I was able to dig up dirt on Barry Sherman after spending 30 minutes looking into it.

Here’s what bothers me about Enty: He is not participating in investigative journalism, yet presents as though he is, and his audience is dumb enough to believe it. Enty’s musings on this case are almost identical to The Constant Gardener. A husband and wife killed due to knowledge regarding big pharma using African natives as guinea pigs for tuberculosis medication.

Let’s move away from that and go to the numbers. The sheer odds of Enty receiving valid information from anonymous sources repeatedly are not in his favor. There’s just no way that an anonymous blind gossip blogger is going to have the inside track to a story each and every time. The Epstein case was something that MANY people were aware of regarding Epstein. Epstein has had a penchant for hanging out with teens for years, and it was well known in NYC and in Florida that a rich old dude with a deformed dick was offering girls 200 bucks a pop to massage his deformed dick regularly. This wasn’t some well kept secret. That being said, it’s also not a well kept secret that Sherman had questionable business practices.

Enty takes stories with a smidgeon of truth or high probability, and spins them into blinds. That’s called entertainment blogging. That is NOT investigative journalism. Let’s not start blurring the two.

Believing Enty’s blinds is the equivalent of getting your news from FOX, and stating that it is truthful, fair and unbiased reporting. It isn’t, and anyone with critical thinking skills knows this.

by Anonymousreply 428January 29, 2018 12:54 PM

I’m with r404. Israel is a factor.

by Anonymousreply 429January 29, 2018 11:10 PM

Interesting development today. Why would he even do this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430February 2, 2018 4:24 AM

R430, he probably found out he isn't inheriting anything

by Anonymousreply 431February 2, 2018 7:08 AM

Well that guy at R430 is making himself look guilty.

by Anonymousreply 432February 2, 2018 12:04 PM

The manner of death and the optics seem mobbish and meant to send a message.

by Anonymousreply 433February 2, 2018 2:27 PM

Who is it sending a message to, though?

by Anonymousreply 434February 2, 2018 2:28 PM

Hillary did it, with the rope, in the lounge.

by Anonymousreply 435February 2, 2018 2:58 PM

Yes, I did, r435! But Bill helped.

by Anonymousreply 436February 2, 2018 4:33 PM

[quote]Interesting development today. Why would he even do this?

The only purpose I can see is to deliberately muddy the waters, which would mean someone paid him to do it. As a former coke addict, he probably has a ton of debt and easily coerced.

by Anonymousreply 437February 2, 2018 6:02 PM

Hmm mm. ....I think whoever did it don't need this unhinged type to help their cause, r437.

I just watched a Fifth Estate profile on the Sherman case and Winters failed the polygraph test. He then admitted he made/confused some statements.

Winters couldn't even manage consistently deflect straightforward questions on the polygraph. So, a profession team of killers would hire this schlub to "muddy the waters?"

I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 438February 3, 2018 1:10 AM

Any updates, Torontonians?

by Anonymousreply 439February 9, 2019 11:39 PM

I would be interested in an update also!

by Anonymousreply 440February 10, 2019 7:00 PM

Surprise plot twist:

Apotex was the world's largest supplier of hydroxychloroquine.

Any theories, DL sleuths?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441March 31, 2020 4:41 AM

Dun dun DUNNNN!!!!

by Anonymousreply 442March 31, 2020 4:43 AM

Markle killed them and then left for Malibu. Go get her and arrest her.

by Anonymousreply 443March 31, 2020 4:45 AM

[quote]Apotex was the world's largest supplier of hydroxychloroquine.

Why would you lie about that? They're not; not even close.

by Anonymousreply 444March 31, 2020 5:06 AM

R441 I think it's probably just coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 445March 31, 2020 5:06 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446November 26, 2020 7:03 AM

Ooh, I hope we learn soon whether it was disgruntled cousin or a bitter child fearing disinheritance that had them killed!

by Anonymousreply 447November 26, 2020 1:12 PM

[quote] Apotex was the world's largest supplier of hydroxychloroquine

That's the same hydroxychloroquine that has been proven to have no effect on Covid

Although some deranged orange man in America who failed high school science swears it cures Covid, of course he refused to take it when he contracted Covid and preferred to take a drug created with the contents of an abortion

by Anonymousreply 448November 26, 2020 9:13 PM

This thread was gone but not forgotten. Thanks for the update R446.

by Anonymousreply 449November 26, 2020 9:21 PM

I have a feeling they won't make any arrests

by Anonymousreply 450November 27, 2020 2:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!