Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Home Chef Gays - what should I make for my work potluck?

Got a work potluck coming up. It's my first year at the company, so it's time to make my mark! I want to make some kind of side dish, appetizer OR boozy dessert. I'm a decent (not great, not bad) home chef, but I also tend to focus on meals for 1-2 at home rather than potluck'y side dishes. I'd love to do something a little unusual or, that has a fun twist on a classic without being too polarizing for a diverse group of colleagues.

by Anonymousreply 13Last Thursday at 2:18 PM

Oh, and, yes, to confirm, this is a holiday work potluck. And the proteins (turkey, ham etc) are covered.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Thursday at 12:58 PM

Is what's his name stealing recipes for a new cookbook again?

by Anonymousreply 2Last Thursday at 12:59 PM

Johnny LaRue has you covered OP!

by Anonymousreply 3Last Thursday at 1:02 PM

Fanny Cradock's "Angry Chinese Egg Men" would seem to fit the bill.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Thursday at 1:02 PM

It’s a soupluck not a potluck.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Thursday at 1:03 PM

Rotel Dip

Kraft fake cheese and cans of Rotel and then bring tortilla chips. People went nuts where I used to work

by Anonymousreply 6Last Thursday at 1:10 PM

Enchiladas

by Anonymousreply 7Last Thursday at 1:12 PM

Bulgar tabbouleh with enormous amount of fresh parsley and lemon and high quality oil. Also add pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds and some golden raisins. You can usually find fresh parsley (and the bulgar) at a reasonable price at Turkish greengrocer if there is one in town. You can garnish it with canned or fresh (if you can find) stuffed grape leaves.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Thursday at 1:23 PM

Paper products are always a big hit!

by Anonymousreply 9Last Thursday at 1:25 PM

The tabbouleh sounds great. Or make a lot of the macaroni and cheese recipe from The Joy of Cooking. Everyone loves it.

by Anonymousreply 10Last Thursday at 1:40 PM

Scalloped potatoes. They're pretty easy.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Thursday at 1:45 PM

Are desserts covered? This was an actual recipe from Good Housekeeping from 1952.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Thursday at 1:54 PM

[quote] OR boozy dessert.

Now, I couldn't get by with that at my office, but if you think you can, bourbon balls are always a hit. Sort of old-fashioned, and not very PC nowadays. I've never known them to go to waste. You have to make them several days in advance, for the best flavor.

by Anonymousreply 13Last Thursday at 2:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!