The Florida Project

Get Out

Lady Bird

The Post

The Shape of Water

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Wonder Woman

by Anonymousreply 2512/25/2017

What is AFI ? I know ISA but who is AFI?

by Anonymousreply 112/07/2017

was it me, or was it a terrible year for movies?

by Anonymousreply 212/07/2017

Glad to see Wonder Woman on the list.

Call Me By My Name. Oy vey!

by Anonymousreply 312/07/2017

Wonder Woman? Sheesh

by Anonymousreply 412/07/2017

It was definitely a terrible year for movies. I had hoped after the breakthrough of last year (the first year in a VERY LONG TIME where there was actually a surplus of good work, the trend might have begun to reverse itself, but nope. 2016 was an anomaly.

by Anonymousreply 512/07/2017

Three Billboards is great, Sam Rockwell easy win.

by Anonymousreply 612/24/2017

I hated Get Out. Don’t “get” it at all.

by Anonymousreply 712/24/2017

R7, if you really don't get it-it's pretty much a satirical about white liberals using blacks as a way to push the liberal agenda and a way to make them seem that they care about black issues when in fact, and that they're intolerant. Get Out is that dude that keeps bragging about how many black friends he has.

by Anonymousreply 812/24/2017

I only went to The Killing of a Sacred Deer and The Square.

Might see CMBYN later.

by Anonymousreply 912/24/2017

I enjoyed Get Out...liked it a lot. Perhaps you are just a lowlife racist r7.

by Anonymousreply 1012/24/2017

R2 Yes, honey, it's you.

by Anonymousreply 1112/24/2017

Remember the good old days when the top 10 list would be something like:

Jaws, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Dog Day Afternoon, Nashville, The Stepford Wives, Monty Python and The Holy Grail etc.

Now it's hard to think of even one film that lives up to that.

by Anonymousreply 1212/24/2017

WONDER WOMAN SPOILER ALERT! (But it was a summer movie, so if you are on this thread and haven't seen it...get a fucking life!)

Why did Chris Pine have to die in the end? I mean...why not just get the plane in the air...tie something to the joystick so it keeps flying the plane...and then parachute out before it explodes? I feel like I have seen that exact scene done many times before. Did no one else have a problem with this? It's not like "Aliens" where Bill Paxton and the dyke are surrounded and have to do what they have to do. Tick fucking tock. Jump out of the plane. Take the fucking parachute.

by Anonymousreply 1312/24/2017

R13, who says he actually died? Did you see a body? He probably did parachute out. Eventually, he and Diana got together. He grew old and died. She goes on fighting into modern times as an immortal.

by Anonymousreply 1412/24/2017

R13 tells us to get a fucking life yet he's crying over a movie about an immortal woman whose been to space and back. Please...

by Anonymousreply 1512/24/2017

OH, lord, I've only seen two of those movies!

😑😑

by Anonymousreply 1612/24/2017

Just saw The Post. Holy fuck, why is this movie getting such good reviews? Spielberg proves yet again what a terrible, overrated director he is. He will never be accused of being too subtle in his films. I hate Tom Hanks in general, and he's absolutely terrible in this movie. I fucking love Meryl Streep and she fares a lot better than Hanks, but not a memorable performance by any means, and no way does she (or anyone involved with this movie) deserve an Oscar nomination. Sorry Meryl, still love you. Not sorry Hanks, hate you. Not sorry Spielberg, can't stand you.

by Anonymousreply 1712/24/2017

Ummm...R14...the movie said he died.

I'm all for soap opera reality where people can come back from the dead. I'm totally cool with comic book reality with multiple timelines and universes. But this is a movie. And in this movie the screenwriters and director and producers and studio decided to kill off his character. There is no ambiguity.

And the bitter bitch at R15 is P. T. Anderson...slowly coming to terms that he may never win that Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 1812/24/2017

No Last Jedi?

by Anonymousreply 1912/24/2017

The Big Sick is a really terrible title. It makes me not have any interest in it.

by Anonymousreply 2012/24/2017

I go to the movies weekly, or more, and I still didn't go see The Big Sick or Florida Project.

by Anonymousreply 2112/24/2017

WTF is the Florida Project?

by Anonymousreply 2212/24/2017

The Big Sick was horribly annoying.

When did they say that Steve Trevor died in Wonder Woman? They implied it. The characters thought he died at the time. Did they say he had died that day in the present day timeline? I still think the fact that we didn't actually see him blow up from a view inside the plane means they have left themselves an out for a reason. Did Steve Trevor ever get killed in the WW Comicverse?

by Anonymousreply 2312/25/2017

R23, wasn’t his death alluded to in Justice League?

by Anonymousreply 2412/25/2017

I didn't see Justice League, so I don't know how he was mentioned. He would be dead in any current timeline because the original story took place during WWI. There are all kinds of rumors out there that he's not dead. It actually doesn't make sense for them to have killed him in the first movie since he's such a huge part of the Wonder Woman universe. I'm still wagering that he'd alive after the explosion.

by Anonymousreply 2512/25/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!