Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I wish I could hibernate through winter like animals

Just wake up when all the snow is gone. The cold weather and lack of sun doesn't really bother me but I am sick and Goddamned tired of snow.

by Anonymousreply 2112/07/2017

Do try OP.

by Anonymousreply 112/07/2017

R1...

by Anonymousreply 212/07/2017

Sleepy yet r2?

by Anonymousreply 312/07/2017

That wouldn't be a bad lifestyle, would it?

If you live some place with nice summers and godawful winters, set up a seasonal business like a hotel or lobster shack, and enjoy the summers and hibernate through the winters. Hire like-minded employees. Think of the savings on overhead!

by Anonymousreply 412/07/2017

I grew up with snow and love it. There is something about how quiet it gets when it snows and watching it come down outside while sitting in a warm room with a fireplace. Or being outside about going for a walk in the snow. I should probably disclose that I don't like the heat in the summer, the extended days, and sleeping with the air conditioner on. Perhaps OP and I could set up shop and work in seasonal shifts.

by Anonymousreply 512/07/2017

When I retire, winters in Florida & summers in Maine (hopefully)

by Anonymousreply 612/07/2017

r5 Exactly why I am retiring to NW Michigan and leaving KC. Summers here are beyond dreadful, almost like reverse cabin fever. I can always getaway from Michigan in the winter for a month or so if necessary.

by Anonymousreply 712/07/2017

Can’t you just move some place warm, OP? Life is short enough as it is and you want to sleep a quarter of the year away? The fuck kind of thinking is this?

by Anonymousreply 812/07/2017

I’ve never understood the bear hibernation thing. Do they really sleep ALL winter? How do they not starve? Don’t they have to go to the bathroom?

by Anonymousreply 912/07/2017

I'd rather hibernate through the summer. I love winter, but I HATE summer.

by Anonymousreply 1012/07/2017

OP, I will take snow ANY DAY after living through Hurricane Irma this year in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 1112/07/2017

As I get older, I'm beginning to hate summers and enjoy winters (except for the dark evenings).

by Anonymousreply 1212/07/2017

The winter evenings are the worst. I used to enjoy getting home and still having time to do yard work, wash my car, take out the garbage, etc. Now it’s pitch black dark at 5:00.

by Anonymousreply 1312/07/2017

When you are ready to hibernate, don't forget to make your anal plug!

by Anonymousreply 1412/07/2017

Well I’ll be damned. You learn something new everyday.

by Anonymousreply 1512/07/2017

[quote]I grew up with snow and love it.

I grew up with it too, but we don't get it in London anymore.

Even the suggestion of it coming, people start freaking out with excitement. But we never get it. I miss it.

by Anonymousreply 1612/07/2017

[quote]The winter evenings are the worst. I used to enjoy getting home and still having time to do yard work, wash my car, take out the garbage, etc

SUCH fun!

by Anonymousreply 1712/07/2017

I hibernate in winter. I work at home and can go for days without going into any inclement weather. I get my exercise in when I do my shopping walks and other errands. It's sooooooo nice to wake and not give a s*** about the weather and go straight to the home office.

Summers and particularly Falls where I live are gorgeous - ocean breezes and the smell of salt air wafting in the bedroom. Living on the East coast does have its advantages.

To each their own, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 1812/07/2017

There are many reasons I dislike snow, but there are some enjoyable aspects to snow as well. One is that when it snows I get so many birds at my birdfeeders. I also like seeing the beauty of the woods covered in snow.

by Anonymousreply 1912/07/2017

I wish I could hibernate through life.

by Anonymousreply 2012/07/2017

I'm content with four seasons. It's just that each bores me after about two months. I was done cradling my fucking mug around October 1st.

by Anonymousreply 2112/07/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!