Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

It's time to debate the rape culture in, "Baby, It's Cold Outside."

Is it a date rape anthem?

by Anonymousreply 2512/11/2017

No, it's not. The Dworkinite feminists who think it's a date-rape song cannot be persuaded to view the song in any other way. It's like arguing with fundamentalist religious types.

by Anonymousreply 112/07/2017

It's a date rape anthem?

by Anonymousreply 212/07/2017

I've had too much to drink tonight.

by Anonymousreply 312/07/2017

I actually had this conversation today with a coworker. I was listening to the Ella Fitzgerald version, and the undertones are played slyly. It’s a fabulous version.

Hell, The lyric is “hey, what’s in this drink?” so the subtext is literally made text. It’s a bawdy song.

In 2017, Year of the [bold]serial sexual harasser[/bold] has made the entire storyline dark.

We mutually hashed a sketch where several different comedians sing parts of the song while playing Bill Cosby, Bill Clinton, Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, Brian Senior, Dustin Hoffman, etc.

by Anonymousreply 412/09/2017

by Anonymousreply 512/09/2017

Obligatory

by Anonymousreply 612/09/2017

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause is a song about sexual assault.

I also find it terribly disturbing that the young child singing the song is a voyeur.

by Anonymousreply 712/09/2017

Little Drummer Boy is rife with paedophilic imagery!

by Anonymousreply 812/09/2017

[quote]I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus is a song about sexual assault.

How do you figure? It's about Mommy kissing Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 912/09/2017

We don't know that for sure.

by Anonymousreply 1012/09/2017

You're mental, R10 R7. Or you're kidding. But you've made it difficult to tell which.

by Anonymousreply 1112/09/2017

[quote] Little Drummer Boy is rife with paedophilic imagery!

COME, they told him, pa-RUMP-a-pum pum

RUMP-a-pum-pum

RUMP-a-pum-pum

by Anonymousreply 1212/09/2017

I just feel sorry for men who feel they have to rape women.

Such a low standard.

by Anonymousreply 1312/09/2017

Especially when there are gay men who will say yes to just about any lowlife with a hard enough cock.

by Anonymousreply 1412/09/2017

Hollywood has been the instigator and perpetuator of the male sexual agressiveness and woman's feeding into it. So many films from the 30s-50s (and beyond) had women trying desperatly trying to please men and falling for their behavior or their words. I watched Susan Slept Here with Debbie Reynolds and Dick Powell. First off, she is a young woman of maybe 17 or 18 and he is a mature man of 35 (actually DP was 50). She naturally falls in love with him and even watches home movies of him and his ex fiancee trying to find out what it takes to get the man to fall for her. Anne Francis plays the ex so Susan watches her keenly by focusing on the curves (Susan is tomboyish), like how can I entice him to see me as a woman.

by Anonymousreply 1512/09/2017

“Grandma got run over by a reindeer” is about the true story of a woman and her addiction to opioids. It was the grandmother of another poster.

I saw it on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 1612/09/2017

R6 beat me to it! lol

by Anonymousreply 1712/09/2017

Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 1812/09/2017

I absolutely hate people who seriously talk about shit like this.

by Anonymousreply 1912/09/2017

We meaning who, r19.

by Anonymousreply 2012/09/2017

The pleasures of flirtation and seduction and the slow build-up are totally lost on today's young people.

And yes they are pleasures if done right, there's more to sex than y/n.

by Anonymousreply 2112/09/2017

Funny, I was talking with friends about the first version of that song, today. Esther Williams and Ricardo Montalban in a 1947 movie. Song won the Oscar that year. It's absolutely charming, and Ricardo is hotness personified.

by Anonymousreply 2212/09/2017

[quote] Ricardo is hotness personified.

Gotta agree with this! I had no idea this song was from a movie and I was completely unfamiliar with Montalban pre-Fantasy Island. Very sexy and talented!

by Anonymousreply 2312/09/2017

Look up some of the Latin dances he did with Cyd Charisse, and,once also a threeway with,Ann Miller

by Anonymousreply 2412/10/2017

Each and every male singer who sang "Baby, It's Cold Outside" will be fired from his jobs immediately.

by Anonymousreply 2512/11/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!