Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING!!! Al Franken Resigns

Al Franken announces that he will resign in the coming weeks in speech on Senate floor.

by Anonymousreply 173Last Saturday at 4:50 PM

He's not good enough, he's not smart enough, and doggone it, I never liked him.

But at least the women he harassed weren't teenagers which is more than I can say for a certain man from Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Thursday at 7:30 AM

OP, you're an ignorant slut.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Thursday at 7:30 AM

Dems do the "we go higher" bull shit, while the GOP does every underhanded trick to win the game.

When Moore is seated as Senator, he will not resign.

by Anonymousreply 3Last Thursday at 7:32 AM

He was one of the few politicians I liked and respected.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Thursday at 7:32 AM

GOD, I hate that he did this. We have a serial molester in the top office of the land and a goddammed pedophile about to be elected into the senate.

Sometimes I hate this fucking country.

The one consolation (that I read here) is that the Dem governor can replace him with another Dem?

by Anonymousreply 5Last Thursday at 7:33 AM

Is is really breaking when it was scheduled to happen? It was announced yesterday he was resigning.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Thursday at 7:34 AM

At least he called out the hypocricy regarding Trump and Moore. Gillibrand and those who jumped on her train should be ashamed. If they wanted to make a stand, they should have demanded that McConnell not seat Moore and that impeachment begin against Trump for his own admitted wrongdoing.

by Anonymousreply 7Last Thursday at 7:35 AM

We are better off. There are plenty of Dems with no baggage that can vote next year to impeach Trump AND Pence. Franken struck me as one who was a very lenient judge of his own actions while being very severe about the faults of others. That grows old. Also, didn't like his anti-gay comedy from the 70's and 80's.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Thursday at 7:35 AM

r7 no Gillibrand and her peers shouldn’t be ashamed. Now when Moore comes to the Senate, Republicans will be pressured, even more, to get him out.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Thursday at 7:39 AM

[quote]Also, didn't like his anti-gay comedy from the 70's and 80's.

This. We can do better in terms of allies.

by Anonymousreply 10Last Thursday at 7:40 AM

And they won't do a think r9. Republicans won't give up Roy Moore. They always stay on message and they NEVER go against each other. They are lock step and the Dems are fools.

The DNC wanted Franken out. The DNC called for Franken to resign. After the election there were rumblings that the DNC meddled with the primaries and made sure Bernie would not get the nomination. They were backing Hillary all the way. Franken did say he was considering running in 2020. There is so much corruption going on that I have no problem believing that the DNC already know who they want at the head of the ticket and Franken wasn't it. They don't want a progressive like Franken. They want an insider that has the same ties to Wall Street, banking and corporate billionaires that the Republicans do.

The DNC doesn't give a shit about middle class Democrats and they don't want politicians that will fight for us.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Thursday at 7:48 AM

Is good!

by Anonymousreply 12Last Thursday at 7:48 AM

Well r6 would you have preferred

TA DA!!! Al Franken Resigns

HEY O HEY O!!! Al Franken Resigns

YO!!! Al Franken Resigns

LISTEN UP BITCHES!!! Al Franken Resigns

by Anonymousreply 13Last Thursday at 7:53 AM

The man was defiant, non contrite and wheezy while bowing out.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Thursday at 7:54 AM

I sure am glad he mentioned Trump and Moore in his speech.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Thursday at 7:54 AM

Sometime in the next few weeks? He was so self serving, whinning. Didn't do, can 't remember, he forgot a picture is worth a thousand words. Good riddance, now on to the rest.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Thursday at 7:54 AM

r16 thank you!

He came across as such a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Thursday at 7:57 AM

Has Kathie Lee weighed in yet?

by Anonymousreply 18Last Thursday at 7:59 AM

The Demicrats are the useless. By the way since its established Dems have zero tolerance for sexual harassment expect the floodgates to open. All the Repubs are safe of course.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Thursday at 8:00 AM

What Democrats call sexual harassment Republicans call flirting.

by Anonymousreply 20Last Thursday at 8:05 AM

This was just a test to see if they could unseat a senator without a hearing or sworn testimony by using trial by internet and media. And it worked. So you can bet there is a list of others we will be seeing in the coming year who will get the same treatment. And, no, no Republicans will be resigning. Say goodbye to Medicare.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Thursday at 8:05 AM

Roy Moore needs to go. Tit for tat is fair play.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Thursday at 8:08 AM

Some really ignorant sluts on this sad thread. Looking at you, R8, R10, R16.

Franken isn't just another democrat. He's one of the most progressive and dogged in terms of calling the GOP on their shit. But because he made a couple of jokes BACK IN THE '80s, you prissy cunts want his head.

You make me sick.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Thursday at 8:08 AM

R21 Obama raped Medicare when he took 800 Billion dollars from it to fund crap Obamacare.

by Anonymousreply 24Last Thursday at 8:08 AM

What picture are you talking about r16? The one where a woman is pretending to be asleep and Franken is acting like he is going to touch her boobs? The photographer who took the picture has stated that the picture was staged. She was PRETENDING to be asleep.

When that picture was taken Franken was not a Senator. We was still a comedian and talk show host.

Franken wasn't contrite because as he says in his statement to the Senate, he doesn't feel he is guilty of wrong doing. His account of the events being discusses would be very different than the women testifying against him. But we won't ever find out now because he won't get due process for these accusations.

by Anonymousreply 25Last Thursday at 8:09 AM

R23: People have lost their lives because of those so-called "jokes." And he used heterosexual privilege to excuse both that and his harassment of women.

Heterosexual men are pigs.

by Anonymousreply 26Last Thursday at 8:09 AM

DEMOCRATS FUCKING SUCK!!!!!!

I hope these assholes are happy. Nothing good will come of this.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Thursday at 8:10 AM

r23 so because he dragged Sessions, he’s our only hope?

by Anonymousreply 28Last Thursday at 8:12 AM

The GOP in DC today must be cackling at the Dems. They got rid of one of their biggest critics and didn't even have to lift a finger. Moronic.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Thursday at 8:13 AM

This will backfire at the Dems, just watch. As others have said, now that Republicans know how easy this is, expect many more victims to come forward. How long until they accuse female politicians. Watch your backs, ladies.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Thursday at 8:13 AM

Sessions should be dragged in the same manner as James Byrd, Jr. and Matthew Shepard were 20 years ago next year.

by Anonymousreply 31Last Thursday at 8:14 AM

The fix is in. GOP will now target any number of strong voices on the Left with accusations. The Dems have now demonstrated they will eat their own without so much as an ethics inquiry. Suckers all of them.

by Anonymousreply 32Last Thursday at 8:15 AM

He should have just switched parties.

by Anonymousreply 33Last Thursday at 8:16 AM

So r19 I guess we are looking at the take over of American politics by the Republican party. All Democratic Congress members who are not women might as well step down.

Oh and this may seal the deal for the mid terms. Who is going to vote in Democratic members of congress who will never stand up for their party or what is best for their constituents.

This whole thing really has been brilliant. I mean think about it. Started with Harvey Weinstein a liberal donor to Democrats, then a high profile gay man Kevin Spacey also a liberal. Now those fucking liberal Hollywood pricks look like shit. Then we move to a Black Senator and a progressive Jew. The REAL beauty is we get the Senators to step down, one without due process, just some risque pictures and anonymous accusers. Now we can launch an attack on anyone and decimate them without any real evidence and if they are Democrats they will just run away "for the good of the party." While Republicans look like effective bad asses that kill the competition and take what they want.

Genius. It's a perfect way to kill the last vestiges of Democratic process. The Democrats look like shit. They look like fools. Who wants to support that party?

by Anonymousreply 34Last Thursday at 8:21 AM

The Democrats are doing nothing more than sitting back and waiting hopefully for the GOP to implode over Trump and perhaps the new tax law.

They have done NOTHING about proposing any improvements to the ACA while the GOP tried to gut it.

They have done NOTHING about proposing any comprehensive tax reform legislation.

We may never know the truth about Franken and these accusations, but he is a much tougher at grilling conservatives than the hand-wringing Gillibrand and Chuck "where's the video camera" Schumer would ever be.

Let's not forget that Gillibrand also championed the Columbia University "Mattress Girl" whose story is at best suspect.

by Anonymousreply 35Last Thursday at 8:51 AM

R23, I agree with you.

Some of you assholes do not seem to understand what we are losing with his resignation.

Franken made mistakes. So fucking what??? Which one of you bitches here have lived a perfect life? What I am interested in is who he is NOW, and that the behavior is no longer a problem.

This man came from an industry that is fast and loose, and during a time when behind the scenes SNL was crazy. He was trying to get laid, however, with ADULTS. He is not a violent predator who is exploiting the children of single moms who are going through a divorce, and he’s not attempting to rape some teen waitress in his car. More importantly, he doesn’t go against Rule of Law when told by the Supreme Court that gays and lesbians have the right to marry.

Shame on all of you who see this as a win.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Thursday at 8:53 AM

Al Franken won his first election by 351 votes. Had we seen his Honk-Honk Boobies picture, he’d have lost by a half million votes and we wouldn’t even know who Al Franken is today.

by Anonymousreply 37Last Thursday at 8:59 AM

Roy Moore should go. Ha, ha. You make it sound like anybody but the voters of Alabama will make that decision. He says he didn't do it and the voters may believe him.. The Republicans will fold and Moore will be seated for 6 years. Lots of opportunity to vote for horrible Supreme Court justices,, etc., etc. The Democrats can cry and that'll be that.

I'm sick of hearing about Roy Moore already anyway. Is that all the Democrats can talk about while the GOP works on a tax plan that will set this country back for decades to come.

by Anonymousreply 38Last Thursday at 9:07 AM

His anti-gay comedy came out at a time when we were far more vulnerable and insecure. As a teen back then, it didn't help me accept myself. It was just one more message that I, and those I wanted to suck off, were sick defectives. So, when I watched his farewell today, I dispensed with the Kleenex.

That aside, his was the most un-contrite message since the late, great DC Mayor Marion Barry declared: "I apologize 'though I have nothing to apologize for." If that is the case, don't resign, fight it. Or, even better, resign and the run to regain the seat in the event MN holds a special election.

Franken is a sleaze but Moore is infinitely worse. I hope the sob wins because if the GOP seats him, it will be the end of them. Moore will be like the chains Morley dragged behind him in "Christmas Carol." In fact, if seated, Moore will save Joe McCarthy from being known as the worst GOP senator of all time.

Only good that Trump and fiends have done is to inadvertently bring down the temple. I don't know what his politics are (although curiously I worked for him one level down from him at Justice) but I would love Someone like Mueller to succeed Trump. In the Vatican, they say that after a fat pope, you get a skinny pope; after a short one, a tall one. After a moral degenerate may be will get a true public servant. IMPEACH PENCE!

by Anonymousreply 39Last Thursday at 9:10 AM

Moore is one of the worst human beings of all time, never mind senators. If someone shot up or blew up the church he prayed at, I'd sympathize with the attacker more than the parishioners.

by Anonymousreply 40Last Thursday at 9:16 AM

Republicans grow stronger, embracing one another. Democrats divide, making sure those of us who are disgusted with them, look elsewhere for leadership.

by Anonymousreply 41Last Thursday at 9:19 AM

"His anti-gay comedy came out at a time when we were far more vulnerable and insecure."

No, YOU were insecure. Did you really look to an SNL comedian for self-acceptance? Then you were a fool. Probably still are because your whole post is disingenuous. You really don't think it'll be the "end" of the GOP if Moore is seated, so why'd you say it?

While I'm at it, R26, no one ever lost his life because of a joke. You're confused. Or, again, a disingenuous liar, like R39.

by Anonymousreply 42Last Thursday at 9:19 AM

R39 is a delusional snowflake.

by Anonymousreply 43Last Thursday at 9:20 AM

Hope you bitches are happy. All over one stupid joke (or two).

by Anonymousreply 44Last Thursday at 9:21 AM

[quote] didn't like his anti-gay comedy from the 70's and 80's

We can't keep punishing people for doing things that were acceptable 45 years ago that aren't acceptable today.

You may not be old enough to remember but GAYS were making anti-gay jokes back in the 1970s. People like Paul Lynde and Charles Nelson Reilly made fun of gays and everyone knew they were gay themselves.

It was a completely different culture. Ridiculous to blame Franken for that now.

by Anonymousreply 45Last Thursday at 9:22 AM

Yes, R39, and once Hitler becomes Reichskanzler we can expose those Nazis for what they are and rid Germany of a fascist threat.

by Anonymousreply 46Last Thursday at 9:22 AM

How do all these fucking delicate snowflakes manage to survive in the world. Theyre too delicate to live....so how do they manage ?

by Anonymousreply 47Last Thursday at 9:23 AM

[quote]WHAT homophobic jokes?

We have a right-wing troll who has been spamming the site with an interview Franken gave in 1976 where he said these guys at a rival school were gay, and he said it as an insult.

I think it's D-vida, honestly. It's her M.O. anyway.

by Anonymousreply 48Last Thursday at 9:24 AM

Dems are the dumbest fucking political group to ever exist. You realize that now every Dem Roger Stone and company accuse of harassment will resign while Republicans just keep doing what they're doing. You think this will force them to oust Moore? Think again.

The country burns but at least SJWs got their scalp.

Fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 49Last Thursday at 9:27 AM

Tim Kaine is requesting information from the Senate Office of Compliance on the number of sexual harassment claims filed against Senators, members of their personal staff, and committee staff, along with the amount of monetary settlements that were reached in harassment cases.

by Anonymousreply 50Last Thursday at 9:28 AM

yes, r34. The assholes in the GOP know Dems will eat their own trying to take the high road.

Fuck the "high road". I want someone to kick in the teeth of the GOP at every opportunity. Grill them mercilessly on their hateful policies. Hold them accountable for their lies. Make them quake in their shoes.

But no,. The fools do this stupid "high road" bullshit and clutch their pearls while the country suffers.

Fuck Perez, Fuck the DNC. I'll never give them another cent

by Anonymousreply 51Last Thursday at 9:28 AM

[quote] I hope the sob wins because if the GOP seats him, it will be the end of them. Moore will be like the chains Morley dragged behind him in "Christmas Carol."

No. Republicans have made themselves quite clear: they will vote for anything Republican, be it rapist or murderer or pedophile. That's not going to change, and there's nothing non-Repugs can do about it except try to recruit more Democrats to run and vote.

The insistence that good will always win out and things will eventually balance out and become fair, but that's not how it works anymore.

You need to update your expectations. Everything has changed. We as Democrats can't keep sitting around expecting things to work out for the common good just like on some sitcom or ABC Afterschool Special. That world is long gone.

by Anonymousreply 52Last Thursday at 9:30 AM

We need to call and fax every single senator that called for Franken's resignation and force them to say the same about Trump.

If Moore is seated, we need to do it then, too.

by Anonymousreply 53Last Thursday at 9:30 AM

No Republican cares if a Democratic Senator condemns Trump or Moore. It's a non event.

by Anonymousreply 54Last Thursday at 9:32 AM

It's not about Republicans who don't care, R54. Nobody is under the delusion that any Dem gesture will change the behavior of GOP in congress.

Only elections do that. So it's about voters.

by Anonymousreply 55Last Thursday at 9:38 AM

Please.....Lindsey Fucking Graham stood by the side of these female Senators as they called for Frankens head.....and not one said anything about the hypocrisy or the optics. Graham supports Trump and Moore....and Trumps dick is so far up Grahams ass youd think he has two tongues.

by Anonymousreply 56Last Thursday at 9:39 AM

My point is that the cemeteries are filled with indispensable people. Franken is no different. His Democratic successor can do more good than this has-been comedian ever could now.

Yes, I was a delicate snowflake back in the 1970s. Now, I am a pissed-off elder gay with a long memory. Then, I was a sexually insecure teenager needing validation from wherever I could find it and fearing exposure at school and at home.

I am pissed off at straights like Moore, Lauer, and, yes, Franken who were then celebrated for being testosterone driven, alpha males, while we "queers" had to mind our p's and q's. That is why ever time one of them bites the dust politically, I revel. Like Spartacus :), it is tempting to yell, "kill them all!" Even if that includes an "icon" or too.

By the way Lucille Ball gets a lot of grief on this site. But she gets a pass from me based on this one anecdote. Back in the early 40s, a drunk Cesar Romero tearfully confessed to her, "Lucy, I am a little 'strange'." To which Lucy replied, "honey, we are all a little strange. That is the kind of comedian I'd like to have in the Senate--"Mame" and her current status as dead, notwithstanding.

by Anonymousreply 57Last Thursday at 9:39 AM

Lucy also stuck up for gays while Big Not-Gay Al was making genocidal gay "jokes."

by Anonymousreply 58Last Thursday at 9:42 AM

R57 you're hopeless.

by Anonymousreply 59Last Thursday at 9:42 AM

Does anyone have a gut feeling about someone who resigns over something seemingly small, that they're doing damage control because there must be something far more damning they don't want to come out? This seems so obvious to me. Anyone else thinking it?

It's been said that the way the political game works is TPTB are in possession of hard damning evidence (pics, video) of most senators, congressmen and above doing something disgusting that would humiliate their spouses and families and make everyone else disgusted. The reason for having this dirt is both parties belong to a bigger club that controls them and gets rid of them if they deem politically convenient.

There's a reason Epstein entertains VIPs, supplies anything they want, and has video cameras in every room. If you don't participate in some form of debauchery you will not make it into the higher circles, you won't get invited into the Trilateral Commission or the Bilderburg meetings, and therefore you have zero chance of getting filthy rich.

by Anonymousreply 60Last Thursday at 9:42 AM

Franken was never celebrated as being a testosterone-driven alpha male. For fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 61Last Thursday at 9:42 AM

Lucy was ahead of the curve, that's why her stuff endures and Al's stuff was dated douchebaggy crap then and it aged like Cheez Whiz.

by Anonymousreply 62Last Thursday at 9:45 AM

Maybe, R60.

Franken was already pissing Democratic voters off because of that comment he made during his book tour when asked about limousine liberals -- something like "how can Dems shake off that unfair reputation" and he joked "stop riding in limousines." And that was it. That was his whole answer. Then he slammed HRC for not going away like she was supposed to.

He may have something bigger to hide, or he may have upset Democrats with the things he said, who knows. People talk about how he grilled Sessions, but he used to talk at length about how he and Sessions were pals who hung out together, which made the whole thing look like theater and a lot of people didn't trust him, even when it looked like he was holding Sessions's feet to the fire.

I dunno. It's complicated, obviously. And even though I didn't trust Franken one bit I firmly believe he should NOT have resigned. Democrats should never try to teach by example -- how do they not know that the RNC doesn't give a shit how "ethical" Democrats are?

by Anonymousreply 63Last Thursday at 9:46 AM

R57, more lies.

You're STILL a snowflake.

As R61 noted, "Stuart Smalley" was not exactly Rambo.

by Anonymousreply 64Last Thursday at 9:51 AM

I cannot think of one single member of the senate or the house who is not the EXACT reason we need term limits.

by Anonymousreply 65Last Thursday at 9:55 AM

[quote]how do they not know that the RNC doesn't give a shit how "ethical" Democrats are?

They know that. Nobody expects the RNC of any in GOP leadership to give a shit. It's not about expecting the RNC to change. It's about the Dem voter base.

by Anonymousreply 66Last Thursday at 9:57 AM

My point is that this is a moment of rage against the heterosexual, macho ethos that we were once taught was what being a real man meant. They could grab, fondle and practically rape and there was a big part of society that would celebrate them as "players." Our asshole president (who never has had enough self-awareness to buy an eyebrow trimmer) is exhibit A. Culturally, speaking this is a watershed. I bet the next James Bond movie will be examined differently. Pussy Galore would not seem as funny (or filmable as before).

No punishment for the likes of Moore would be too much. But he is the face of what the GOP has become. If elected, I want this child abuser to be the face of the right. I am no great strategist, but Moore is nothing but trouble for the Republicans.

And, R 64, who, can barely (I'm being generous) write a coherent sentence, who exactly made you judge and jury around here? "You lie; you are a snowflake." God, what a waste of technology on a simple mind. You sound (and apparently think) like a petulant toddler who hurls one word insults and then walks away, diapers filled with poop, thinking, "I smart."

by Anonymousreply 67Last Thursday at 9:58 AM
by Anonymousreply 68Last Thursday at 9:59 AM

Everyone should go to Twitter and read what Tom Arnold has to say about this. He knows Leeann Tweeden (and thinks of her as a friend) but is saying this is all total bullshit, that it was nothing but a setup from the beginning to take down Al Franken.

I’m at work, otherwise I’d post it.

by Anonymousreply 69Last Thursday at 10:02 AM

r63 it sometimes happens in politics and the legal world that opponents are friends outside of their contention with one another. Ruth Ginsberg and that fucking pig Antonin Scalia were great friends in spite of being completely opposite on how they voted. It's called being a mature adult. You can like someone you vehemently disagree with.

The Democratic party is split. There are Democrats like Hillary and others who have ties to wall street, banks and corporate billionaires. Then there is the other kind like Franken who are for the people, education, health care, environmental causes, gay rights, womens rights, minority rights etc. The Hillary kind of Dem doesn't give a shit about anything guys like Franken care about. They are Republican lite and they run the party.

by Anonymousreply 70Last Thursday at 10:07 AM

I AM smarter than you, R67, because I know a joke when I hear it - always have - and I never looked to TV or movie personalities for my self-worth.

by Anonymousreply 71Last Thursday at 10:10 AM

Tom Arnolds twitter....an interesting read......

by Anonymousreply 72Last Thursday at 10:12 AM

Yes, R. 71, based on your latest prost, I agree, you ARE smart. Yes, you really ARE smart. Don't ever think otherwise. And, yes, unicorns can be found everywhere if you just believe. And, congratulations on knowing a joke, I have not actually met you but I think I understand what you mean.

by Anonymousreply 73Last Thursday at 10:17 AM

[quote]It's called being a mature adult. You can like someone you vehemently disagree with.

I guess you haven't noticed, but it's not about simple disagreements. I'm not sure it ever was. It's about people who are literally voting for politicians promising to take away our basic human rights.

It's not "being a mature adult" for me to be great pals with someone who fully believes that the government should make the relationships I have illegal, make the sex I have illegal, prevent me from getting a job, and categorize gaybashing as just a regular misdemeanor assault.

The holier-than-thou attitude of people like you is dying out, and I'm glad. I'm glad that people are finally understanding that you can't treat bigots and/or Republicans as normal, everyday people that you play Bridge with every Sunday afternoon. They're actively destroying the country and the laissez faire attitudes toward them ALLOW them to continue to hurt everyone.

Besides, you don't even sound like you enjoy being around these bigots you call friends, but that you're just doing it to make yourself feel superior.

by Anonymousreply 74Last Thursday at 10:17 AM

Dude. At least I know how to format a reply.

by Anonymousreply 75Last Thursday at 10:37 AM

Impeach Pence! was written upthread.

Let me tell you something, there was a time here at the DL where the loudest cry in the house was "Get rid of Bannon!! He's much worse than Trump!" Well, you got your wish and Bannon had to step down, and at that time he said "Good. Now I can do what needs to be done without any restrictions such as those which bind me as chief White House aide to POTUS." okay, that was paraphrased I admit. And a few months later all hell started to break loose. Remember, Bannon's roots are in Hollywood. He knew where the bodies were buried. He knew how much the DNC depends on and needs the liberal Hollywood icons both for fundraising as well as support(although I think the importance of support and endorsement was starting to wane.)

Bannon is a anti-Semite allegedly right? Nearly every male who has been ruined thus far is a Jew. Bannon is more dangerous than Trump all right...that's why keeping him under the microscope of the White House was a good idea.

Think really hard before you call for impeachment and stepping down of other progressive enemies. The devil you know and can watch over is better than the devil you don't know who can act unilaterally in the shadows.

And while this is regularly loudly denied by the Hillary fanatics, the bringing down of the elected party will not magically lead to the restoration of the utopia which was present during the Obama years. Hillary won't be given the presidency even if Mueller finds evidence of massive Russian collusion in the 2016 election. It will be yet another loathsome and odious Republican. Trump may be stupid and mental, but he is easy to predict and he has yet to do anything more outrageous than what the Rep senators would do even without his presence. He is not an ideologue in any way. And as far as the concern for him starting a nuclear war with Korea or Iran....ain't happening. He would be reported dead of a stroke or heart attack several hours after he attempted to enact a full on war. There are people and a plan in place to assure that he can never exercise that power. Of this one thing I know of what I am talking(very, very close to someone in the Senate.)

There are three years to go. Calm down and understand that the likelihood of the will of the voters being overturned is infinitesimal. No one in either party wants that(Pelosi and Shumer on down included. Sets dangerous precedent)

Instead of bemoaning what is, start thinking about what could be, and stop thinking that impeachment is the magic bullet to relief and restoration of better days. It isn't.

by Anonymousreply 76Last Thursday at 10:42 AM

I think Gillibrand and her colleagues made a tragic mistake. Franken has been very clear. He has either denied an allegations or stated he remembers what happened differently. He agreed to fully cooperate with an ethics investigation. Instead of proceeding exactly how accusations like this should be handled Gillibrand has decided to find him guilty herself and then hang him. Using her power to abuse him. In essence doing to Franken what she claims he has done to women.

by Anonymousreply 77Last Thursday at 10:45 AM

" the likelihood of the will of the voters being overturned is infinitesimal. "

Remember that one time when Hillary won the general by over three million votes?

Good times.

by Anonymousreply 78Last Thursday at 10:46 AM

They tried to take down Miss Price. How can it not be a witch hunt?

by Anonymousreply 79Last Thursday at 10:47 AM

R. 76, yours is a thought-provoking post. I hate Trump viscerally, He is ( since Jackson), possibly the worst man to be president of the United States. And, Jackson, at least, had undeniable physical courage that this cowardly man only summons when he grabs p----. But I fear Pence even more--as a religious bigot and cynic par excellence. That is why I posted up-thread that "Impeach Pence" is almost a precondition for seeing Trump go.

What are we to do as a Nation? We have a truly destructive, horrible human being as president who cannot be replaced because Torquemada is ready at the wings. I would love to see Trump bumped out of the White House but will that be just a sugar high to be followed by Pence's bitter pill? Sometimes, there just is not solution but time.

I don't know if Trump picked Pence as part of a knowing strategy--impeachment insurance. If he did, Trump has much in common with Senator Bilbo about whom it was said: "never mistake his animal cunning for intelligence." But never underestimate animal cunning in its power to destroy.

by Anonymousreply 80Last Thursday at 10:59 AM

No need to worry about Pence being president, R76/R79, because Trump ain't going anywhere. Mueller can release reports about Trump colluding with Russia, money laundering, human trafficking and all kinds of other shit, and Democrats will be expecting some huge wave of revulsion from Republicans to oust Trump from office.

Guess the fuck what? It ain't gonna happen. Republicans are quite happy in their cat bird seat and they ain't gonna do a god damned thing to upset the apple cart. They like things the way they are, and as long as the Democrats have their PC crowd, the morality Gestapo (McCaskill and Gillibrand), and the faux outrage of Limousine Liberal women to do their dirty work for them they can expect any serious foe of theirs will be silenced by idiotic Democrats like these two bitches.

by Anonymousreply 81Last Thursday at 11:12 AM

The Dems are stupid. Franken should have pushed for Trump to resign.

I repeat: Dems are stupid. Thes why the Reptilians are running the country. Into the ground, I might add.

by Anonymousreply 82Last Thursday at 11:19 AM

Why do we even have Democrats if you don't put up enough of an opposition to the GOP?

by Anonymousreply 83Last Thursday at 11:23 AM

He'll do the usual rounds of talk shows, and maybe he'll get his radio show back. He can criticize Republicans through those avenues at least.

by Anonymousreply 84Last Thursday at 11:28 AM

How many of them are going to hire a pervert like him? I wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 85Last Thursday at 11:30 AM

Hope Gillebrand and co. enjoy their smug nights of sleep knowing they showed who was morally superior. They will have no power to actually accomplish anything with that moral high ground, but to hell with all that.

by Anonymousreply 86Last Thursday at 11:34 AM

"the faux outrage of Limousine Liberal women to do their dirty work for them"

Yep. This. Well-stated.

by Anonymousreply 87Last Thursday at 11:50 AM

All that was a bunch of liars and a lot of bullshit. I hope everyone of those women actually get harassed although I am sure, those women are the harassers, everytime.

by Anonymousreply 88Last Thursday at 11:58 AM

Repugs wanted him out but he can still run for president and Gilldebrand and the rest of the fools can fade from history. Good grief! He touched a women's butt!!! Throw him to the wolves!!

by Anonymousreply 89Last Thursday at 12:02 PM

Seriously. It's silly on both sides of the political spectrum. I can not wait to see the backlash.

by Anonymousreply 90Last Thursday at 12:04 PM

[quote]He agreed to fully cooperate with an ethics investigation.

I suspect they didn't want to launch a second investigation to distract from Mueller. They don't want ANY distractions from the Mueller investigation, which makes sense.

But publicly demanding Franken resign like this was bullshit. Do it behind closed doors, create an agreement, let Franken go out in a way that makes it clear the party is unified and he's doing it for the good of the party and for the voters.

by Anonymousreply 91Last Thursday at 12:07 PM

I have such mixed feelings. He's not Lauer or Moore or Trump or Masterson or Spacy or Singer.

by Anonymousreply 92Last Thursday at 12:08 PM

R16 —his time certainly has making of an interesting post resignation post script. Bet you a significant effort will emerge to minimize his actions discredit the accusers. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t sue one of the women he says is altogether wrong and false in her accusations. Would be fascinating to watch reactions of the metoo activitists is and when she is discredited as a liar. Seems dangerous to say you automatically believe women without any qualifications whatsoever. All it takes is one liar to ruin such an extreme positOn. But whatever collective justice is more important than individual justice facts and proportionality.

by Anonymousreply 93Last Thursday at 12:22 PM

Spacey. You get the gist.

by Anonymousreply 94Last Thursday at 12:25 PM

R89 — this wasn’t about moral high ground. this was about a power grab. Senator G is now known as a senator killer. She now has major street cred and she is going to use to shimmy her way up.

by Anonymousreply 95Last Thursday at 12:26 PM

If what Tom Arnold is saying, then this smacks of a hit job....especially if, as hes alleging, Roger Stone and some guy from an abc affiliate set this up........sounds plausible to me.....

by Anonymousreply 96Last Thursday at 12:28 PM

Sadly this moment in history for women's voices and rights happened to coincide with a moment in politics where we absolutely need for Dems to be as mercenary, ruthless and pragmatic as the other side. But because we "go high" we've just chosen an insular, purely symbolic step forward (as it were) over making ourselves a formidable bulwark against the Republican agenda. Make no mistake, they are LOVING THIS. They are even coming out IN FAVOR OF FRANKEN - saying he fell victim to the mob, which in all fairness, he totally did. I mean, where is the due process in all of this? In corporate there is a process in place that must be followed in order to do anything to anyone accused of harassment or inappropriate behavior. Why not here?

The cliche about Republicans falling in line has never been more true. You know just as many Republican women have their own stories to tell about being objectified and harassed but ideologically they know it would be utterly stupid to make it an issue (moore's accusers notwithstanding).

And I still smell a hit job. The two women who actually identified themselves when they accused Franken are huge Trump voters. One being Sean Hannity's bestie. The others remain conveniently anonymous. This all stinks of rightwing shenanigans.

Oh and PS: let the #metoo backlash begin. I work in advertising; certainly a boys club that could stand to diversify up a little bit. But already there is talk that agencies will be more afraid to hire women, or will just prefer to hire male candidates, so as to avoid any unnecessary dust ups around these issues. This will be the case across the board in many industries. Sheryl Sandberg was talking about this the other day.

by Anonymousreply 97Last Thursday at 12:28 PM

More resignations coming. This is about the House.

Sam Stein‏Verified account @samstein

Attached to a debt ceiling deal will be a grand bargain between Pelosi and Paul over how many each side must expel. Key dispute will be whether it is equal numbers or equal percentage of caucus

by Anonymousreply 98Last Thursday at 12:30 PM

What? The Dems and Repugs are negotiating how many Congress people will be expelled? Why the fuck would they do that?

by Anonymousreply 99Last Thursday at 12:33 PM

One of his latest accusers wants to remain anonymous, but she claims he put his hand around her waist, took a handful of flesh and squeezed at a photo op. She claims it was all very quick, but she knew what was on his mind.....are you kidding me???!!!!....

by Anonymousreply 100Last Thursday at 12:34 PM

"Those dreadful women..."

by Anonymousreply 101Last Thursday at 12:39 PM

That's not the anonymous accuser, R100, that's Tina Dupuy, the lady who wrote last night's article in The Atlantic. But there is an anon accuser who was a Dem aide, too.

by Anonymousreply 102Last Thursday at 12:40 PM

I hope he runs in 2020 and I hope he whips anyone who they run against him. I believe he tries to be an honest man.

Gillibrand is a ridiculous fool.

by Anonymousreply 103Last Thursday at 12:41 PM

R103 — She isn’t a fool. She is actually giving voice to a lot of women (and men) however hamfisted and unfair their opinions may be. She now has street credibility that she can leverage in all sorts of ways for what will undoubtedly be her personal aggrandizement.

by Anonymousreply 104Last Thursday at 12:47 PM

Fools.

by Anonymousreply 105Last Thursday at 12:48 PM

Gillebrand has really shown her true colors these past few weeks. From stabbing Bill and Hillary in the back to this. I hope someone primaries her.

by Anonymousreply 106Last Thursday at 12:52 PM

I will never vote for Gillibrand again. I will stay home rather than vote for her or a Republican. I absolutely despise what she and the others in the mob did to Franken. Screw them all. And, Mr. Rape Essay Sanders is the last person who should get on their high horse.

by Anonymousreply 107Last Thursday at 12:52 PM

r100, it is ridiculous, people put their arms around one another for pictures and now this is going to be considered assault? Everyone of us is guilty.

by Anonymousreply 108Last Thursday at 12:54 PM

"He's one of the most progressive and dogged in terms of calling the GOP"

Which is why they searched and searched til they found some bimbos who would tattle on his pinch 'n tickles (although I'm sure they've been saving them in case Franken ran for POTUS)..

by Anonymousreply 109Last Thursday at 12:54 PM

But he SQEEEEEZED me!

by Anonymousreply 110Last Thursday at 12:54 PM

If you think the GOP is doing this, you are deluded. It's the fucking SJW women, goddamit. The GOP doesn't need to lift a finger. And you know it.

by Anonymousreply 111Last Thursday at 12:56 PM

In this warped reality, it could actually be both r111

by Anonymousreply 112Last Thursday at 12:58 PM

Isn't that the sad laughable truth R111. The GOP must be laughing their ass off. Then composing a straight face, write sober political commentary on this.

by Anonymousreply 113Last Thursday at 12:58 PM

I can bet you Gillibrand is surrounded by other fools who tell her what a great thing she has done. You know she's a Frau

by Anonymousreply 114Last Thursday at 1:02 PM

Shes always been overly aggressive......at times I thought she was another DINO.

by Anonymousreply 115Last Thursday at 1:04 PM

She has definitely moved leftward since her days as a congresswoman from rural New York State

by Anonymousreply 116Last Thursday at 1:08 PM

McCaskill, I'm so disappointed in her. I wonder if there is a monetary payoff involved.

by Anonymousreply 117Last Thursday at 1:11 PM

I agree, there is money and a trader involved in this bullshit. Then there are the stupid suckers, who follow along like sheep.

by Anonymousreply 118Last Thursday at 1:15 PM

She's political toast anyway, R117. She won't be around in 2019 as she will be easily defeated by her Republican opponent. IMHO, couldn't happen to a more deserving cunt.

What a delusional twat if she thought the red necks she represents in MO would support her if she threw Franken under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 119Last Thursday at 1:25 PM

The Dems will be to blame when they aren't voted for next year. They haven't got my vote anymore.

by Anonymousreply 120Last Thursday at 1:30 PM

I read an interesting observation today. Is the reason Franken is waiting a few weeks to resign because he's waiting to see if Roy Moore is elected? And, if he is elected, will Franken launch a comeback and unresign saying Congress needs him now more than ever to help fight against sleazy, corrupt Republicans like Roy Moore?

by Anonymousreply 121Last Thursday at 1:31 PM

Tell me about it r110. He SQEEEEEZED me too!

by Anonymousreply 122Last Thursday at 1:41 PM

If the sjw's think this will all trickle down to the cashier at Family Dollar with a grabby boss, they're delusional. They don't know the terror of losing your check-to-check job in Podunk.

Ashley, Rose, Taylor... they'll all get a lot of mileage out of it. But wasn't that the purpose in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 123Last Thursday at 2:01 PM

[quote] If what Tom Arnold is saying, then this smacks of a hit job....especially if, as hes alleging, Roger Stone and some guy from an abc affiliate set this up........sounds plausible to me.....

ABC = Disney = that last Muppet movie was trying to warn us about something related to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 124Last Thursday at 2:51 PM

I'm saddened by this. I liked Franken and didn't think his gropes were at the level of these other assaults. I liked how he went after Sessions and hope for more of it. But he will be replaced by another Democrat and I heard he barely won his re-election so, maybe it's okay because if he could barely hold his seat, president 2020 was out.

I hope he gets a TV gig on CNN or MSNBC

by Anonymousreply 125Last Thursday at 3:35 PM

Have you ever tried just not grabbing asses that belong to those who don't enjoy having their asses grabbed?

by Anonymousreply 126Last Thursday at 3:37 PM

It's not too much to ask that a U.S. Senator who represents women as well as men not grope other people. It's not hard.

In this current environment, we forget that MANY people DON'T engage in this behavior.

by Anonymousreply 127Last Thursday at 3:40 PM

And he denied the allegations, r127, so just what are you rendering guilty of without due process?

by Anonymousreply 128Last Thursday at 4:13 PM

R23, calm down and take your meds.

by Anonymousreply 129Last Thursday at 4:35 PM

R23 is right.

by Anonymousreply 130Last Thursday at 4:37 PM

R5, thank you for bringing this up that the MN Gov will replace AF with a Dem.

I don't believe the Dem Senators would be so quick to call for AF's resignation if this were not the case.

by Anonymousreply 131Last Thursday at 4:38 PM

In OP's photo, Al Franken is making that same pursed lip face that all white guy politicians make (Bill Clinton, Elliot Spitzer) when they are up shit creek.

by Anonymousreply 132Last Thursday at 4:40 PM

R132 here again.

I forgot to mention Anthony Weiner.

by Anonymousreply 133Last Thursday at 4:41 PM

[quote]And I still smell a hit job. The two women who actually identified themselves when they accused Franken are huge Trump voters. One being Sean Hannity's bestie. The others remain conveniently anonymous. This all stinks of rightwing shenanigans.

YES. And then the SJW internet brigade call for his blood [italic]immediately[/italic] after the first accusation before Franken had his due process. Do his fellow Dems have his back? Nope. They throw him to the wolves braying for meat. The Republicans must be laughing their asses off.

by Anonymousreply 134Last Thursday at 4:50 PM

Isn’t Garrison Keillor from Minnesota? Maybe he could fill Fanken’s seat.

by Anonymousreply 135Last Thursday at 5:02 PM

r135.....funny

by Anonymousreply 136Last Thursday at 5:05 PM

I am thinking that the Dems went hard on Al Franken demanding that he resign to relieve, if you will, their guilty consciences for tolerating Bill Clinton's sexual shenanigans way back when.

by Anonymousreply 137Last Thursday at 5:08 PM

I always thought that Stuart Smalley was funny.

I never thought that Al F. was necessarily playing him as "gay" but rather just as totally addled by Twelve Step programs.

by Anonymousreply 138Last Thursday at 5:10 PM

[quote]I am thinking that the Dems went hard on Al Franken demanding that he resign to relieve, if you will, their guilty consciences for tolerating Bill Clinton's sexual shenanigans way back when.

Ward Cleaver has joined us on DL!

by Anonymousreply 139Last Thursday at 5:13 PM

[quote]And I still smell a hit job. The two women who actually identified themselves when they accused Franken are huge Trump voters.

And you don't think Trump's accusers were (huge) Hillary supporters?

by Anonymousreply 140Last Thursday at 5:19 PM

Trump's admission was more damning, r140.

by Anonymousreply 141Last Thursday at 5:21 PM

R139, aren't you clever.

by Anonymousreply 142Last Thursday at 5:24 PM

[quote]But already there is talk that agencies will be more afraid to hire women, or will just prefer to hire male candidates, so as to avoid any unnecessary dust ups around these issues.

Well that will help things. Hire less women, so make the workplace more male so that the bad behavior will lessen? It will increase; the main antidote for a lot of this crap is more women and gender balance in the workplace. At all levels.

The way to 'avoid unnecessary dust ups' is to perhaps re-educate many men (and women) to change their professional attitudes and behaviors. The work space isn't a private pick up or social club. The response isn't to keep women out of work or keep them at home. For crying out loud.

by Anonymousreply 143Last Thursday at 7:09 PM

Franken is the Jewish scapegoat served up by the media to an outraged public to salve their collective guilty conscience. Proving not only just how entrenched anti-Jewish bigotry is, but that America's bigotry is no different to Inquisition Spain or Hitler's Europe.

by Anonymousreply 144Last Thursday at 7:29 PM

As a Jew, I see Dreyfus as a scapegoat--Harvey not so much. But who knows maybe in 100 years he will be a hero of conscience.

by Anonymousreply 145Last Friday at 2:06 AM

Those women who accused Frankin. ..just a bunch of Deplorables. Why in the world do we let lowlife deplorables push us around? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 146Last Friday at 2:11 AM

[quote]As a Jew, I see Dreyfus as a scapegoat

Dreyfus is seen as an historical scapegoat because Zola had the guts to publicly point it out. Otherwise, Dreyfus would simply be another Jew scapegoated by the hostile society in which he lived. Just like Franken.

by Anonymousreply 147Last Friday at 2:34 AM

Yeah r74 fucktard I get that. I also know we are in a adversarial system. You have to be able to argue your side with a clear head. Getting emotional puts you at a disadvantage. You can't argue with a clear head and you can't understand how to fight against what comes at you if you don't know your opponent. Screaming at someone you disagree with puts you at a greater disadvantage than if you can sit across from them and pick their brain, figure out what makes them tick. You also give yourself a chance to humanize yourself to them by engaging them. One reason people can do such great harm to each other is because we see someone else as an object or a stereotype. It's easier to destroy someone you see as being not like you.

Be smarter.

by Anonymousreply 148Last Friday at 2:58 AM

Dayton will appoint a Democrat, but the GOP have a chance of claiming the seat once the special election is held. It also would not shock me if we had a GOP governor once Dayton goes, largely because MN seems to alternated the party of the governor about every 8 years.

by Anonymousreply 149Last Friday at 3:05 AM

R140, I don’t know if Ivana Trump was a Hillary supporter or not, but she accused Donald Trump of rape many years before Hillary ran for president.

That’s his own wife, who accused him of rape. Once you let that sink in, and add to that the Billy Bush tape, and all the sexist comments he has made about women in his lifetime, you get a serial sexual predator.

You don’t get any of that behavior from Franken. It’s not clear what the backstory was to the picture with Tweeden, since some sources have said that this was staged and she wasn’t sleeping. These stories are as fake as a Chanel bag purchased on Canal Street.

But when your wife of many years testifies that you raped her, that’s when I start paying attention, especially with a man who has been a known misogynist all his life.

by Anonymousreply 150Last Friday at 3:07 AM

r127 he wasn't a Senator when any of this happened. He hadn't run for office yet. All these incidents supposedly happened while he was a private citizen.

by Anonymousreply 151Last Friday at 3:09 AM

Some of you are brain dead. Al Franken should have been the first out the door when that picture of him laughing at touching that sleeping woman surfaced. With Trump and Moore, you only have accusations. With Franken, there's proof.

by Anonymousreply 152Last Friday at 3:16 AM

R152, you’re cute calling others brain dead when you’re apparently waiting for a brain donor.

Just read the shit you wrote out loud and punch yourself in the face, you moron.

by Anonymousreply 153Last Friday at 3:24 AM

Al Franken Predicted His Own Sex Scandal Resignation—in 1999

Long before his name was bandied about as a presidential possible, Franken wrote his own parodical path into, and then out of, the Oval Office. It’s weirdly resonant now.

“Let me say here and now that I regret very deeply the harm that I’ve done both to people I care about and people I don’t really care about all that much,” said Al Franken, as Americans tuned in to see him announce his resignation from office. “I am sorry. I apologize. It was wrong. What I did was wrong. I’m sorry. I am so, so sorry. Boy, am I sorry.”

That speech came on June 10, 2001, at least according to then-comedian Al Franken’s 1999 book, Why Not Me?, subtitled The Inside Story of the Making and Unmaking of the Franken Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 154Last Friday at 9:51 AM

The Franken one smells of political games to bring down a strong Dem candidate who could take on Trump and to distract re Moore

by Anonymousreply 155Last Friday at 9:53 AM

Franken should run as an independent

by Anonymousreply 156Last Friday at 9:58 AM

By the time the Jews get done re-writing history, there will be a Broadway musical depicting Weinstein and Levine and Polanski and Epstein and Woody Allen as persecuted victims of evil goyishe anti-Semitism.

This is exactly what they did with obviously guilty pedophile rapist/murderer Leo Frank, in the Broadway musical "Parade"

Absolutely disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 157Last Friday at 9:58 AM

Just as Jeffrey Epstein and the Jewish oligarchy bought off the justice system, so too did Leo Frank and the NYC Jews buy off his death sentence in Georgia.

This made Georgia's finest men realize that their own children couldn't be protected from Jewish pedo rapist/murderer sweat shop owners like Leo Frank, so Georgia's finest took justice into their own hands.

by Anonymousreply 158Last Friday at 10:02 AM

Was Leo Frank guilty or innocent? Wasn't there a TV movie, or mini-series that said he was innocent as well?

by Anonymousreply 159Last Friday at 10:12 AM

Leo Frank wasn't a senator and that was in Georgia about 100 years ago. The Nazi Holocaust hadn't happened yet.

by Anonymousreply 160Last Friday at 10:16 AM

r159 He was totally guilty, but the Jews have successfully pushed a narrative to the contrary ever since vigilantes gave Leo Frank the death sentence he almost escaped by buying off the governor with money.

Leo Frank was the president of the Atlanta chapter of B'Nai B'Rith, the Jewish masonic organization. So he was a made man, and received the full force of the Jewish mafia in his favor.

After Leo Frank was finally hung, the B'Nai B'rith created the Anti-Defamation League to promote Jewish interests, and then they created the NAACP, which they didn't allow blacks to run for decades.

John Wilkes-Booth met with B'Nai B'Rith representatives the day he shot Lincoln, and B'Nai B'Rith was central to pushing Truman to establish the State of Israel.

Here's Chuck Schumer addressing B'Nai B'Rith:

by Anonymousreply 161Last Friday at 10:55 AM

Leo Frank's wife refused to have herself be buried next to Leo, because she knew he was guilty.

They had a fight the morning he raped and murdered Mary Phagan. Leo told his wife, "I'm saving my kisses for somebody else". Then when 13 year old Mary Phagan refused his kisses, he smashed her head and raped her corpse. Then he tried to bribe the black guy into accepting blame for the crime.

Then Frank tried to blame another black guy for the crime, going so far as to plant incriminating evidence inside the black guy's house.

by Anonymousreply 162Last Friday at 11:00 AM

Here's Leo at his trial, and his fat ugly wife in back of him. She only attended the trial because there was so much Jewish community pressure to stick together and present a united face to the Gentiles.

The wife was the Jewish granddaughter of the largest slave holder in Charleston, SC. Letters from surviving slaves show that her grandfather, Cohen, was also the cruelest slave owner by far.

by Anonymousreply 163Last Friday at 11:03 AM

Jared Kushner reminds me of Leo Frank.

by Anonymousreply 164Last Friday at 11:03 AM

What people don't realize is that the whole South was ruled by New York Jew carpetbaggers like Leo Frank for a full century after the Civil War. The only choice that 11 year old white and black girls alike faced was to work in child brothels, or to work in sweat shops like Leo Frank's pencil factory.

It was the Leo Frank case that drove US Jews into a narcissistic rage, and they've been demonizing and re-writing history about the South and white southerners ever since.

You would never know that only 4% of white Southerners owned slaves, or that 95-96% of white Southerners have lived in dire poverty from the 1700s to the 1950s.

You would never know that half or more of the slave owners and slave dealers were Jews, and that Jews were effectively slavers of both blacks and whites after the Civil War ended.

by Anonymousreply 165Last Friday at 11:10 AM

Think about how far Jews will go to defend their own, especially their most prominent members.

Like paying Polanski's anal rape victim to say she forgives him and wants to see all charges dropped.

Or think of Weinstein hiring the Mossad to stalk, befriend, intimidate, and coerce his victims.

by Anonymousreply 166Last Friday at 11:17 AM

For 2,000 years, Jews have considered reporting a fellow Jew to the police to be a crime punishable by death:

Mesirah (or mesira, Hebrew: to turn over‎‎) is the action in which one Jew reports the conduct of another Jew to a non-Rabbinic authority in a manner and under the circumstances forbidden by Rabbinic Law.[1] This may not necessarily apply to reporting legitimate crimes to responsible authority, but does apply to turning over a Jew to an abusive authority, or to a legitimate one who would punish the criminal in ways seen as excessive by Jewish community, though "excessive" punishment by non-Jews may be permissible if a precept of the Torah has been violated.[2] The term for an individual who commits mesirah is moser (HE:מוסר) or mossur.[2] A person who repeatedly violates this law by informing on his fellow Jews is considered subject to "Din Moser" (law of the informer), which is analogous to "Din rodef" in that both prescribe death for the offender,[1] and according to some, in some circumstances he may be killed without warning.

by Anonymousreply 167Last Friday at 11:23 AM

[quote]he wasn't a Senator when any of this happened. He hadn't run for office yet. All these incidents supposedly happened while he was a private citizen.

Sing it, sister!

by Anonymousreply 168Last Friday at 11:27 AM

Where are all the gays that have been harassed and abused by closeted republicans ?.....you just know theres at least a dozen of those closet cases in office right now. Come on guys, take one for the team !

by Anonymousreply 169Last Friday at 2:22 PM

Stupid Dems.

by Anonymousreply 170Last Friday at 3:10 PM

AF's speech reminded me of "I'm sorry I'm not sorry"!

by Anonymousreply 171Last Saturday at 2:00 PM

R171, because there’s nothing he has to be sorry for. Let’s just wait until everybody involved wil have to testify under oath.

by Anonymousreply 172Last Saturday at 2:20 PM

As Nelson Muntz would put it, "HA! HA!"

by Anonymousreply 173Last Saturday at 4:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!