Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Trump Jr. cites attorney-client privilege in not answering panel's questions about discussions with his father

Oh boy, is Junior really that dumb?

by Anonymousreply 40Last Friday at 4:09 AM

Of course he is dumb, but if an attorney was in the room the privilege does attach, does it not?

by Anonymousreply 1Last Thursday at 4:02 AM

Well bless his heart......

by Anonymousreply 2Last Thursday at 4:04 AM

I mean, if Trump and his hellspawn say they requested advice from the attorney and it was given, how would the privilege not attach?

by Anonymousreply 3Last Thursday at 4:04 AM

Because the questions aren’t about conversations with his attorney.

You can’t create attorney client privilege by just having a lawyer in the room. If that were the case, nobody would ever testify about something that happens in a boardroom.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Thursday at 4:08 AM

That must have been his attorneys advice. Maybe they see something useful in it.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Thursday at 4:11 AM

Wow he’s dumber than I thought.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Thursday at 4:19 AM

Its a typical Trump tactic....the problem is that everyone continues to let them get away with it. If it were any one of us, we would be locked up for refusing to cooperate with authorities.

by Anonymousreply 7Last Thursday at 4:34 AM

He is stupid and has a face I'd like to smack till it falls off. Why does that entire family have such irritating, nasty faces?

by Anonymousreply 8Last Thursday at 4:45 AM

The attorney-client privilege doesn't attach to a conversation that a son had with his father when neither of them are lawyers and the fact that a lawyer happened to be in the room should not matter one bit.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Thursday at 4:59 AM

Watching The Godfather the other day, I realized that Junior really is Fredo Corleone... and that Drumpf really thinks he is The Don.

by Anonymousreply 10Last Thursday at 5:07 AM

R8 - Because they're irritating, nasty people.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Thursday at 5:23 AM

You have to laugh at the idiocy of it all.

Don the Con and his clan have such arrogance and sense of privilege they BELIEVE they're smarter than anyone else.

They think they can outwit Mueller and his La Crème De Law Team. Oh, my sides.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Thursday at 5:34 AM

AC privilege doesn't attach to conversations he had with his father, neither is an attorney. If an attorney was present that would mean substantive advice or counsel was offered to Jr and Sr on the subject. So basically, he had substantive conversations with Drumpf Sr. about Russian collusion.

by Anonymousreply 13Last Thursday at 6:02 AM

Little Donny is so afraid of Big Daddy's wrath that he can't spill the beans.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Thursday at 6:10 AM

[quote]He is stupid and has a face I'd like to smack till it falls off. Why does that entire family have such irritating, nasty faces?

Being relentlessly smug, arrogant and stupid is a hard look to pull off.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Thursday at 7:03 AM

I feel like I did when I was a child and saw spoiled little assholes doing something that, to me, was forbidden. How in the hell do they get away with all of the impropriety and lying?

by Anonymousreply 16Last Thursday at 7:08 AM

I can't tell you anything because there was a priest in the room, so I invoke the protection of the confessional.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Thursday at 7:12 AM

Every lawyer that commented on this in the media says there is no lawyer-client privilege in this case.

We KNOW something incriminating was said because he wont say

by Anonymousreply 18Last Thursday at 7:14 AM

Sadly the Republicans on the committee said he was very forthcoming.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Thursday at 7:14 AM

He also had alot of "I don't remember" moments.

How did the Trumps ever run a real estate empire if they can't remember anything?

by Anonymousreply 20Last Thursday at 7:15 AM

[quote] Why does that entire family have such irritating, nasty faces?

Get a load of Trump's parents. There's half the gene pool.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Thursday at 7:19 AM

1920s silent film villain

by Anonymousreply 22Last Thursday at 7:21 AM

He's talking to a lot of politicians. It doesn't matter. He knows that.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Thursday at 7:23 AM

[quote]Why does that entire family have such irritating, nasty faces?

Because evil shows on the face

by Anonymousreply 24Last Thursday at 7:24 AM

Trump's father also had that oily hair his son sported

by Anonymousreply 25Last Thursday at 7:28 AM

Can you imagine what trump looks like when he wakes up in the morning or comes out of the shower? His hair is basically very very long bangs that he sweeps up and over. He also grows it really long in the back. Melania must be repulsed when she looks at him.

by Anonymousreply 26Last Thursday at 7:44 AM

His father looks like his genetic makeup is a combo of poison, white refined flour and sugar, turpentine and grease.

And WHAT attorney-client privilege. Nobody in that dumpster Fire of a family ever so much as SMELLED law school. Chinless Jr. is going down.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Thursday at 7:45 AM

Don Jr is just stupid and so are the attorneys who are advising this family. I think junior is in for another slap from dad.

by Anonymousreply 28Last Thursday at 7:49 AM

I susoect it doesn’t really matter. Sure he thinks he’s being terribly clever and came on on top in a grilling by politicians. Don’t think he respects politicians very much - and feels his own abilities as a hot shot real estate mogul are far superior. But he Won’t come out on top in any such encounter with Mueller. Even if If thinks he has - and that it was surprisingly easy! - you can bet it’s because they’ve laid sone sort of trap for him, where he incriminates himself further without even knowing it. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Thursday at 8:59 AM

As stupid as Don Jr. is, his attorney-client privilege spiel worked and left people confused. Bottom line is that he didn't answer the question, which gives Trump & Co. more time to figure out what Mueller knows and to come up with a strategy with their lawyers.

All of them are dumb but they're all seasoned crooks and criminals. People tend to underestimate that, but it's the reason neither of them has not gone to prison yet.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Thursday at 12:35 PM

I just heard that if someone else was in the room besides the Attorney and his client, then that negates any Attorney-Client privilege claims.

by Anonymousreply 31Last Thursday at 12:47 PM

What R29 said; I'm Jr. is quite proud of himself for blowing off those know-nothing congress-types, but no doubt that Manafort & Flynn (and Jr's own stupid sloppy ways) have given Mueller all the ammunition he needs. Not only that, but you know Jared (and probably Ivanka) would stab him in the heart in a hot second. He's in deep shit, even if he is too stupid and cocky to realize it.

by Anonymousreply 32Last Thursday at 1:24 PM

Ha! And you all thought I was not bright!

by Anonymousreply 33Last Thursday at 1:40 PM

R6 And what we thought was, Eric was the dumb one.

by Anonymousreply 34Last Thursday at 1:49 PM

Did anyone on the Committee inform him that 'that's not a thing' and compel him to answer though?

by Anonymousreply 35Last Thursday at 5:27 PM

It doesnt matter....Devin Nunes was cleared in his Ethics Investigation.....so hell probably resume his role as chairman of the Intelligence Committee.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Thursday at 5:33 PM

He's not dumb, he's brazen. He knows the House and Senate, being under GOP control, won't do anything.

by Anonymousreply 37Last Thursday at 5:36 PM

[quote] I just heard that if someone else was in the room besides the Attorney and his client, then that negates any Attorney-Client privilege claims.

That is correct. What we don't know, however, is whose attorney he was and the nature of his relationship to the participants in this meeting. All of that is critical information to know before making a final judgment about the propriety of invoking the attorney-client privilege.

[quote] As stupid as Don Jr. is, his attorney-client privilege spiel worked and left people confused. Bottom line is that he didn't answer the question, which gives Trump & Co. more time to figure out what Mueller knows and to come up with a strategy with their lawyers.

Well, I don't think this is the end of the inquiry. I doubt that the Dems on the committee are going to leave it at that. And, the Repubs might not either. Plus, this wasn't Mueller's inquiry -- it was the Senate's. Not sure that this gives Jr. much of an advantage with the Special Counsel.

by Anonymousreply 38Last Thursday at 5:48 PM

Can't help but wonder how big his dick is, though

by Anonymousreply 39Last Thursday at 6:11 PM

Wanna bet that the attorney (supposed) in the room was Michael Cohen ?

by Anonymousreply 40Last Friday at 4:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!