Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Taking Pictures of your Meal in a Restaurant

This is such an odd new fad. I watched some 20 year olds last night set the scene, composition and placement of their dinner and take multiple pix and then post them to who knows where. Then share the pix amongst themselves.

Jeeze, you’re all within 5 feet of each other. Still can’t see each other’s plates? Very odd custom.

But God forbid that they share a taste amongst themselves.

by Grampsreply 2712/07/2017

New? I gave up Facebook because of this almost 10 years ago

by Grampsreply 112/07/2017

How much food is wasted so idiots can post pictures? I've seen my sister in law, the most basic suburban lady, post crap on cedar planks and stone at home, but my brother would never eat the crap she posts, or off anything but a plate.. It is always ridiculous.

by Grampsreply 212/07/2017

Food pics pair nicely with their ass selfies. Very basic imagination operating.

by Grampsreply 312/07/2017

It's an extremely frau-like thing to do. Also very Asian.

by Grampsreply 412/07/2017

I’ve seen them take pictures of the plates of food still in the hands of the server. Placing the food on the table. Squealing with delight as the appetizers are presented and arranged for the photo session. One waitress just rolled her eyes.

by Grampsreply 512/07/2017

I don’t mind it if it’s upscale food from a fancy restaurant. But I don’t need to see what you’re eating at the local sub shop. My cousin in Arizona does this on Facebook and it makes me crazy! “Ooh, look I made tuna salad!” Or “Scrambled eggs with fried bologna, remember when we ate this? I am eating this today.”. “Eating toast and soup since I’m under the weather today.”. I love her, but it drives me crazy!!

by Grampsreply 612/07/2017

Most of their food photos look like food...after.

by Grampsreply 712/07/2017

New? The Asians rule Yelp and take a picture of everything- including the restaurant bathroom. It's been going on since whenever Yelp started.

by Grampsreply 812/07/2017

Restaurant bathroom? Before or after the flush?

by Grampsreply 912/07/2017

After, they are obsessed with Toto toilets.

by Grampsreply 1012/07/2017

This guy I know feels the need to basically "live blog" his Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner preparation. Like no one else has ever brined and roasted a turkey, made green bean casserole, etc. It's fucking annoying, and only made worse by his friend who feel obliged to post comments on said pics, like "yum, i'll be right over!"

I hate people.

by Grampsreply 1112/07/2017

A fuck buddy is a server and when a gaggle of women came in and starting going on about the menu and taking pics, he asked if they would like to meet the chef and one of them asked, "Why?"

by Grampsreply 1212/07/2017

Instagram models are OBSESSED with showing you everything they eat.

by Grampsreply 1312/07/2017

I always take pictures of my meal, after it's been digested and voided into the toilet.

by Grampsreply 1412/07/2017

Social media has somehow convinced people that others are interested in the most mundane minutiae of their day but apparently if you have people checking and upvoting or whatever on what you post, it provides a flood of dopamine into your brain. It's literally addictive.

by Grampsreply 1512/07/2017

Years ago Oprah did a show about people with odd hobbies or obsessions. One guest was an old man who had written down every single thing he had ever done over the past decades. Oprah asked why he thought about writing down all this stuff and he said he didn't know. I hope he lived long enough to see what the world is like today.

by Grampsreply 1612/07/2017

R25 it's weird because it wasn't addictive for me. It made me feel empty.

by Grampsreply 1712/07/2017

I'm also a millennial.

by Grampsreply 1812/07/2017

^meant for R15

by Grampsreply 1912/07/2017

I saw someone post a bowl of chili that they made. All dripping down the sides, looking nasty. At least clean up the damn bowl before you take the picture. Plate it nicely if you're going to take pride in your dish. But preferably no food pics!

by Grampsreply 2012/07/2017

If any of you here do this, you should know that some of your Social Media friends bitch about it behind your back and discuss unfriending you every time you post another damn picture of food.

Unless you limit this shit to a Foodies' group, no regular person is that interested in what you eat or cook.

by Grampsreply 2112/07/2017

In the future, every meal will be famous for 15 minutes.

by Grampsreply 2212/07/2017

To echo other's it's not a new fad. It's been going on for a decade or more.

by Grampsreply 2312/07/2017

I have friends that are servers in restaurants. They say this food pic thing is beyond annoying and it really holds up a table longer than need be. Millennials- gotta love 'em.

by Grampsreply 2412/07/2017

I actually appreciate it in a yelp review. That way I can see what the food looks like and if at least it looks appetizing. In fact, I don't mind photos of any kind. Put them in all your reviews. I was looking for a bathroom remodeler and was very happy to see pictures posted with the review.

It's a very harmless hobby but millennials are just on maximum outrage all the time. OP if you don't like the pictures block the person but no need to get high blood pressure over it.

by Grampsreply 2512/07/2017

In Soviet Russia, food take picture of you.

by Grampsreply 2612/07/2017

r26 Darfur Orphan got adopted by Russian parents, wants to go back to Sudan.

by Grampsreply 2712/07/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!