Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Flintsones

Has DL ever had a deep dive discussion on this show?

Let's start off with the obvious. What did Wilma and Betty see in Barney and Fred?

by Anonymousreply 1312/06/2017

They were straight guys with jobs.

I worshipped Wilma and Betty, pre-Rosie O’Donnell.

by Anonymousreply 112/06/2017

Best cartoon ever.

by Anonymousreply 212/06/2017

The original Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice.

by Anonymousreply 312/06/2017

A brilliant take on the dreary "Honeymooners," which was depressing. What a shithole the Kramdens lived in. How poor could they be? What was the rent on a dump like that? Five bucks? That's the best they could do?

At least Fred and Barney had houses.

by Anonymousreply 412/06/2017

Bam Bam and Elroy were teenage time traveling boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 512/06/2017

As (an even more of) a child when this episode originally aired (1960s?), I was confused about exactly 'how' "Bam-Bam" was conceived. IIRC, he had magically materialized in a bed of rocks, dressed in animal-prints wear, and the size of a two-year-old.

by Anonymousreply 612/06/2017

A classic and made originallg for adults. Great stuff. So superior to the crap Pixar et al

by Anonymousreply 712/06/2017

Bam-bam was hot.

Does that get me into trouble with #ROSEARMY? Oh, wait, no--some of her best friends are pedos!

by Anonymousreply 812/06/2017

Discussion here

by Anonymousreply 912/06/2017

Well I see the DL librarian is working the late shift tonight.

by Anonymousreply 1012/06/2017

Yes, r10, the DL librarian is always tsk-tsking, collecting pencils, sighing, muttering to herself, then going home to bed and having an Ovaltine while petting her old cat that has glaucoma.

by Anonymousreply 1112/06/2017

OP asked: “Has DL ever had a deep dive discussion on this show?”

So I provided a link as evidence that the answer to her question is “Yes.”

And I get called nasty names for trying to be helpful and contribute something of value.

Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 1212/06/2017

Oh, dear. You know the DL librarian feels cranky and unappreciated when she snaps, "Fuck off."

We're sorry. Thank you for ALL your help.

by Anonymousreply 1312/06/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!