Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Death rate quadruples amongst Deplorable opioid addicts

White, low-income earners, and Medicare recipients were responsible for the biggest upticks in opioid-related poisonings.

What will Trump do to keep his voters from killing themselves?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224March 19, 2018 1:23 AM

They're doing the right thing by overdosing. Don't interfere.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2017 2:03 AM

I thought things were going to be all sunshine and roses for them? It's been almost eleven months since January 20.

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2017 2:03 AM

Legalize weed.

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2017 2:04 AM

Oh well, they should look on the bright side.

They get to meet their Jesus sooner!

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2017 2:05 AM

Heaven is always hiring. Another angel coming right up.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2017 2:08 AM

The American oligarchs couldn’t be happier. What were they going to do with all those unemployed losers after destroying their industries? Give them a universal basic income and Medicare For All? The problem solved itself.

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2017 2:12 AM

Heaven just needs a few more overweight, elderly, drug-addicted angels...

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2017 2:17 AM

R6 is right. The deplorables don’t realize it but they’ve outlived their usefulness so other than being thrown into privatized prisons to do slave labor they may as well just die. From here on out the GOP doesn’t even need their votes anymore, as they’ll just gerrymander, suppress, and hack the ballots in order to stay in power.

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2017 2:18 AM

This'll solve the problem about those unemployed miners who refused to recycle.

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2017 2:18 AM

Thoughts and prayers, y'all!

Thoughts and prayers!

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2017 2:19 AM

^^^ 😂

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2017 2:20 AM

So odd that people over 65 are OD-ing. I can’t imagine a 65 year old buy heroin from a street dealer. Simply unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2017 2:21 AM

This is a great charity that pays them low income, drug-addled, chain-smoking women folk to get sterilized. Donate now - we can all help to reduce future generations of deplorables.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2017 2:22 AM

Can we ship them all to Russia to die in solidarity with the Russian deplorable, krokodil and alcohol addicts?

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2017 2:23 AM

Trump likes to pretend he’s not apart of the “deep state.” He’s an outsider and they want to bring him down! Yet one of his first acts was not only leaving thousands of troops in Afghanistan but sending in MORE to protect the flourishing poppy economy and maintain the global opioid epidemic so the masters of the universe can keep these people dying.

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2017 2:25 AM

Agreed with all of the posters ...There really is no use for these deplorables anymore....next up are the current middle class .......not sure how they are going to wipe us out....

But anyway- recovering from a hysterectomy today- they yanked my uterus out—cut my belly and because of the epidemic only got pain pills for 3 days.

by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2017 2:25 AM

R16 that is straight up bullshit. My sister-in-law had a hysterectomy the old fashioned way a "Total" not laparoscopy, and she was laid up for two weeks. I know because my brother had to deal with my nieces an nephew all that time and almost lost It, LOL..

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2017 2:37 AM

I'm allergic to opiates. They make me projectile vomit. So I couldn't become a deplorable if I wanted to. Sad!

by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2017 2:38 AM

I only had a partial ab cut....but still—-just be prepared when you have surgery- no pain pills...it sucks.

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2017 2:44 AM

The people posting in this thread are plenty deplorable themselves, so this uptick in deaths isn't really solving anything. And just FYI people strung out on heroin/ pills DON'T vote.

by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2017 2:49 AM

What r20 said.

by Anonymousreply 21December 7, 2017 2:51 AM

the more of these cretins offing themselves, the better for the nation.

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2017 2:51 AM

They take a day off to vote for their saviour.

by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2017 3:12 AM

R20 But the fact of the existence leads to more congressional representatives. If large numbers of them head to the big score board in the sky = less representatives from red states mucking of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2017 3:17 AM

aww poor butthurt R20 is triggered 😬😰😭

by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2017 3:21 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 26December 7, 2017 5:09 AM

[quote]Death rate quadruples amongst Deplorable opioid addicts

We never had to worry about that

by Anonymousreply 27December 7, 2017 7:53 AM

Aim high, or die trying.

by Anonymousreply 28December 7, 2017 8:08 AM

The people dying of opiate addiction in my Midwestern town do vote, though. Several have had political statements in their obits, a couple I knew vaguely from work and remember they would talk politics.

I'm not saying they deserve to die, just that they do vote and work and manage to live relatively normal lives.

by Anonymousreply 29December 7, 2017 8:37 AM

COOL. Fewer people on the road. Better parking at Walmart.

by Anonymousreply 30December 7, 2017 9:01 AM

R16, try taking a lower dose than the bottle says. Seriously. When I had hernia surgery 2 years ago I was given Norco for 5 days, but that meant 6 pills per day and I only needed 1 or 2 per day. I was able to stretch it easily out to 10 days and get the sleep I needed.

by Anonymousreply 31December 7, 2017 9:05 AM

R10, love is in your face.

by Anonymousreply 32December 7, 2017 9:54 AM

Look up the company that owns Fentanyl and carfentanyl. The sole owner of this hard core drug just added 500k for anti marijuana bill in Arizona. Opiates not edibles is their mission. When your prescription runs out of the opiates heroin will be your opiate option. I wonder if the fentanyl guy knows the people that owns the poppy fields?

by Anonymousreply 33December 7, 2017 10:02 AM

Anything that thins out the ranks of an inferior and oppressive sub-subrace that is collectively guilty of multiple crimes against humanity over the past few millennia is a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 34December 7, 2017 3:04 PM

Delightful news.

by Anonymousreply 35December 7, 2017 3:28 PM

GOOD!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 36December 7, 2017 5:44 PM

Shit. My doctor just announced he's going to give me (minor) back surgery just after Christmas. He said the pain 'will get a lot worse before it gets better'. Thanks. I'm allergic to opiates, codeine, etc. He said he could prescribe Nucynta. Anybody know that one? He said it's usually well tolerated by people who can't usually tolerate opiates.

by Anonymousreply 37December 7, 2017 7:21 PM

Not a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 38December 7, 2017 11:42 PM

R37 It's a long acting opioid. As in an opiate. Codeine is an opiate. So is Nucynta.

by Anonymousreply 39December 7, 2017 11:58 PM

R39 why wouldn't it make me nauseated like Hydrocodone, etc. do?

by Anonymousreply 40December 9, 2017 2:11 AM

Oh for chrissakes, I'll get on it when I get on it. I'm waiting for my nails to dry. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 41December 9, 2017 2:16 AM

[quote] rotect the flourishing poppy economy and maintain the global opioid epidemic so the masters of the universe can keep these people dying.

There's a solution to that

Target the offspring of the masters of the universe and give them free heroin & OxyContin. Get them addicted. Then make them pay for their drugs. They'll OD or go broke.

by Anonymousreply 42December 9, 2017 2:52 AM

It doesn't work that way, R42. If a rich mofo's kid needs rehab he won't suddenly see the need to provide rehabs for the equally addicted masses, instead he'll demand more tax breaks because his kid's rehab cost him so much. If a rich mofo's kid dies he will use his power to persecute drug dealers, or at least the ones who don't belong to his social circle.

Today's 1%-ers have no sense of common humanity, no sense of community with the lower orders. We are to be used or disposed of as they prefer.

by Anonymousreply 43December 9, 2017 6:06 AM

I guess I should be glad for my low tissue tolerance. Had a couple of surgeries and was given a bunch of hydrocodone. I think I only took like four pills out of two fairly full bottles. One pill knocks me the hell out for like 12 to 15 hrs.

by Anonymousreply 44December 9, 2017 6:32 AM

I thought Jared was gonna fix this? Don’t tell me it’s still going on...

by Anonymousreply 45December 9, 2017 6:51 AM

A loss of life is always a sad event, but these people were already ready to leave. Their vote was an indication that something was not right up there.

by Anonymousreply 46December 9, 2017 11:51 PM

Trump voters are doing an excellent job killing themselves off!

by Anonymousreply 47December 27, 2017 3:02 AM

Data Lounge is usually sharp and on point.

But you guys really don't get this particular problem. Poor white people at not the base or even the fringe of the Trump supporters. Of course you snobs may think that anyone earning less than 100K per year IS poor, but it is the blue collar and middle class which make up the bulk of his base(along with rich people who don't admit that they vote for him.)

Opioid addicts in the wealthy suburbs is one thing, but most of the people dying are very low on the white totem pole. Who do you think that people who exist on gov't aid are going to vote for? Not a goddam Republican.

But keep on applauding the death of poor white folks. It shows what sort of a person you really are.

by Anonymousreply 48December 27, 2017 3:13 AM

What about all the homeless invading Los Angeles? They seem to live forever, unaffected by street drugs.

by Anonymousreply 49December 27, 2017 3:18 AM

R49 They drink cerveza

by Anonymousreply 50December 27, 2017 3:20 AM

[quote] Poor white people at not the base or even the fringe of the Trump supporters.

Total lies and misinformation, R48.

Owsley County is the poorest county in Kentucky. In fact, it is the poorest white county in America. With some of the highest rates of welfare, Medicaid, food stamps and other forms of federal government assistance in the nation.

How did they vote?

84% for Trump!

So go wag your self-righteous finger somewhere else!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 27, 2017 3:28 AM

Wow what a disgusting thread. You really have checked out haven’t you. They are not even human to you.

I hope they show this thread in future as an illustration of what the end result of labelling can do.

I always wondered how the guards in Auschwitz could smile in photos. Now this thread has provided the answer.

How disgusting is humanity that we get to this.

Shocking.

by Anonymousreply 52December 27, 2017 3:41 AM

And life expectancy has dropped for two years due to the opiod crisis, apparently.

"We have data for almost half of 2017 at this point. It's still quite provisional, but it suggests that we're in for another increase" in drug-related deaths, he said. "If we're not careful, we could end up with declining life expectancy for three years in a row, which we haven't seen since the Spanish flu, 100 years ago."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 27, 2017 3:43 AM

The only good deplorable is a dead deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 54December 27, 2017 3:49 AM

[quote] I always wondered how the guards in Auschwitz could smile in photos. Now this thread has provided the answer.

Oh honey, you are trolling way too hard

by Anonymousreply 55December 27, 2017 3:50 AM

Republicans are the first people to not care about homeless people; they sure as hell did not care about the crack epidemic ravaging cities in the 80s. Their answer to that epidemic was to try to throw as many people in prison as possible. They want to cut off medicare, affordable healthcare, AIDS funding, affordable education. They don't care about the environment or the state of the Earth's resources for future generations. In fact, they have proven time and again, that they really don't care about anybody except for themselves.

But, heaven forbid, now they have a problem, and we all need to drop everything and prioritize them? Bitch, please!

callously cut off

by Anonymousreply 56December 27, 2017 3:51 AM

R52 = obvious, stupid Russian troll with his stupid English.

Hey Igor, why don't you worry about your own country for a change, with your orphans, stupid whore women, and people ODing on perfume and krokodil?

by Anonymousreply 57December 27, 2017 3:55 AM

"How disgusting is humanity that we get to this."

Very. Look who's in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 58December 27, 2017 4:03 AM

R52 has never dealt with a junkie in real life.

I have, bitch, that's where my "inhuman" attitude comes from.

by Anonymousreply 59December 27, 2017 4:09 AM

[quote]recovering from a hysterectomy today- they yanked my uterus out—cut my belly and because of the epidemic only got pain pills for 3 days.

This is why I hate the current drug problem--the wrong people are made to suffer for it. The problem isn't even the addicts so much, we've always had them. They get better or they die. But why should patients who have legitimate needs be deprived because of goddamn junkies?

by Anonymousreply 60December 27, 2017 4:16 AM

Watch “meth storm “‘on HBO and you’ll see how pathetic these people are. Doubtful they have any interest in politics or are registered to vote. The deplorable demographics reveal them to be mostly lower/middle class working people.

by Anonymousreply 61December 27, 2017 4:24 AM

Are you sure they were deplorables?

by Anonymousreply 62December 27, 2017 4:26 AM

r60 my friends and I have said the same thing. None of us have ever been drug users but we've each had legitimate illnesses/accidents that required pain medication and we had difficulties obtaining it because of all these fucking addicts abusing every drug known to man. It's very frustrating when you're truly in pain for a real medical reason but you can't get anything for it because of these assholes.

by Anonymousreply 63December 27, 2017 4:27 AM

More than likely you poor things that 'can't get drugs because of the addicts' are considered high-risk by your providers. Oh ironie! No one I know that needs them has any trouble getting 30-60 count prescriptions for narcos from their medical groups. But then none of them have been arrested for recreational drug abuse either.

Another thread, another free-for-all of mentally ill Coasties celebrating the destruction of the heartland. You're next. Pair up now for your FEMA coffins.

Unless the Saviour comes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 27, 2017 4:51 AM

r64, I can see the 1st 3, but now exactly did Hitler "fight the bankers"?

by Anonymousreply 65December 27, 2017 4:55 AM

At least they vote, Hillary voters never made it to the polls.

by Anonymousreply 66December 27, 2017 4:56 AM

Go lick Alex Jones' asshole, R64^^ and then go OD on some heroin so you can meet your Saviour sooner!

by Anonymousreply 67December 27, 2017 4:56 AM

They vote absentee.

by Anonymousreply 68December 27, 2017 5:03 AM

Can dead people vote?

by Anonymousreply 69December 27, 2017 5:06 AM

[quote]More than likely you poor things that 'can't get drugs because of the addicts' are considered high-risk by your providers.

We're all middle-aged professionals who've never used drugs or been involved in illegal activities, so you can STFU.

by Anonymousreply 70December 27, 2017 5:10 AM

Don't worry, boys and girls! I'm on the job now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 27, 2017 5:13 AM

quadruple? that's it? how sad.

by Anonymousreply 72December 27, 2017 5:20 AM

I live in an area where there is an opioid crisis. It's a wicked, wicked thing.

Has anyone heard of addicts ingesting sometimes 100s of Imodium ADs to help them over a hump, then they die? I just heard Dr. Drew bring it up recently. Never heard of this before.

by Anonymousreply 73December 27, 2017 5:26 AM

By 2020, the Deplorables should all be gone.

by Anonymousreply 74December 27, 2017 5:38 AM

I don't wish death on them, but I do wish these traitors would be forced to move to Russia!

They would fit right in!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 27, 2017 5:52 AM

R71, how the hell is Kellyanne qualified to handle the opioid crisis? What are they going to do? Make a patch that releases her pussy scent every time an opioid addict gets a craving?

by Anonymousreply 76December 27, 2017 7:07 AM

No, R62, not all users are conservative but you'll ruin OP's jerk off fantasy if you ask that.

by Anonymousreply 77December 27, 2017 7:55 AM

Let them go along with suicidal people,

by Anonymousreply 78December 27, 2017 9:13 AM

Why invest bank & resources on thes r people.& I'd rather spend resources cuĺling innocent animal polulation with TNR. Taxing purebred breeders up the ass. SOMETHING That Can be controlled Worth the investment

by Anonymousreply 79December 27, 2017 9:31 AM

It's time to bust the myth: Most Trump voters were not working class ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 27, 2017 10:09 AM

People seriously addicted to drugs do not vote.

by Anonymousreply 81December 27, 2017 10:10 AM

I get the rage for the deplorables; truly, I do. However, I’d suggest leveling your rage at the puppet masters rather than the puppets.

by Anonymousreply 82December 27, 2017 10:40 AM

Go away OP, you stoopid twat

by Anonymousreply 83December 27, 2017 10:42 AM

R80 Finally something from a reputable site which states what I have screeching about for months.

It bothers me that poor whites are being castigated up the ying yang by DL for being Deplorables. Living in the south I have contact with quite a few people/families who are what DL would cruelly call "white trash," and NONE of them voted for Trump. Pardon my bluntness, but they vote very similarly to poor black folks. They want government which will take care of them in the lurch. Why the hell would they want a program slashing Republican?

I am not sure how the myth got started here that they majority of poor whites are Republican voters, but it just is not so. The majority of Repubs are middle class and higher white, An it is not because they are uneducated and do not understand what a pant load Trump is. It is because they hate taxed like DL hates cunts and homophobes. That's no meant to be flippant, but it's pretty accurate.

Please stop lumping all poor folks into the Deplorable category. Most of them are decent people for whom life just didn't go the way they had hoped.

by Anonymousreply 84December 27, 2017 10:55 AM

sorry for all the typing errors above^^ I need some sleep

by Anonymousreply 85December 27, 2017 11:31 AM

I used to be as elitist as the OP, and subsequent deplorable-haters. Never saw it in myself. Was convinced i was a good liberal, a good person, who so easily saw the world in black and white terms. Never occurred to me that i could be wrong on an issue, that my liberal point of view could be mistaken.

And then, Hillary fucked over Bernie. And the Democrats fucked over the progressive wing of the party at the convention. And i suddenly came to realize i was totally wrong about so many things in life: Obama, the Clintons, the Democrats in general. And if i was so wrong about this, what else was i wrong about?

And now, a year after an election in which i lost so many nice elitist friends who said if i failed to vote for hillary, they could no longer be my friend --- as i would be enabling a fascist to round up the Jews and put them in ovens. Yes, several told me this.

And so now, having listened, actually listened to the 58% of the American population subsisting on less than $40K/, i cringe at the arrogance i wasted so much of life in. So you guys can be smug,arrogant, condescending pricks who call their fellow Americans (who work their asses off in those minimum wage jobs) deplorable, but every time one of these threads pops up, it helps me remember how ugly my own liberal convictions were.

Just a reminder: "deplorable" is a 2-way street.

by Anonymousreply 86December 27, 2017 11:49 AM

r76 that should cure the epidemic right away!

by Anonymousreply 87December 27, 2017 12:52 PM

A scary realization: there are probably large hepatitis and HIV outbreaks all over the country due to heroin users sharing needles. The GOP has hobbled the CDC along with all other major government entities so the truth of just how bad things are will go unknown until the HIV starts becoming full blown AIDS. There’s no funds for rural clinics to test for these kinds of outbreaks.

by Anonymousreply 88December 27, 2017 12:53 PM

We can get this done a lot quicker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89December 27, 2017 3:28 PM

[quote] Oh ironie

Hunty, if you're going to troll this hard, at least keep a tab to an English language dictionary open On your device at the troll farm

by Anonymousreply 90December 27, 2017 3:36 PM

Oh fuck all the calls of "elitist!!!".

You don't get hooked on heroin without being a damn fool, and yes, I do look down on anyone stupid enough to do that. People who are smart and/or sensible don't use drugs that are illegal or dangers, I don't and I look down on you if you do.

by Anonymousreply 91December 27, 2017 5:47 PM

Trump has already said about 2 months after he was elected that he doesn’t need them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 92December 27, 2017 6:05 PM

There’s a lot of victim blaming going on here. But remember the role of the pharma companies who pushed ‘new’ ‘next geberation’ ‘non addictive’ opioids like OxyContin on to GPs and other medical providers and gave incentives and kickbacks for their use...

Seriously - they advocated popping the fucking things like they were candy. Or at least no worse than aspirin. And all the while they got richer and richer. There was an article linked to an earlier thread about one family whose pharmaceutical business cleaned up. They’re billionaires. And all on the back of pushing this shit onto the public and reassuring them that there was no danger whatsoever of addiction.

They’re still wealthy. They seem to have suffered no consequences. There needs to be a huge class action from the families of those whose lives are fucked - and strip them of Every. Last. Cent.

Their is nothing but money driving this society now. It’s the only thing they understand. Take their filthy money away from them (And tho’ it’s always considered barbaric in the modern world to advocate an eye for an eye type justice, I’d love to see some of their loved ones become addicted to this shit and see how they deal with it up close and personal)

And let’s look at some of those doctors - the ones who got the biggest benefits from incentives for prescribing. Also complicit. Also no real consequences.

R91 - these are the equivalent of the cliche of the neighbourhood pushers who get the kids addicted to smack. How about some anger directed at them for putting so many on this path?

by Anonymousreply 93December 27, 2017 6:05 PM

I work in a pharmacy and I can tell you that doctors are getting MUCH stingier with opioids. Which is largely a good thing— until you get your wisdom teeth taken out and all you give ibuprofen😖

by Anonymousreply 94December 27, 2017 6:39 PM

Great posts R84, R86 and R93!

by Anonymousreply 95December 27, 2017 6:50 PM

This is why weed needs to be legal and this embarrassing farce that is called the "war on drugs" (a de facto war on minority neighborhoods and the entertainment industry). Weed users don't do opioids. All of this trumped-up paranoia about opioids is nothing but bullshit propaganda. Think of who pays for the ads on the evening news: the booze and junk food industries. Everyone knows those are not good for you, but they are legal nonetheless. Do you see the hypocrisy in that? This has got to stop.

Legalize drugs.

by Anonymousreply 96December 27, 2017 6:55 PM

The cost of treating sick people like criminals is not worth the benefit because there is no benefit.

by Anonymousreply 97December 27, 2017 6:56 PM

Legalizing drugs would be a complete nightmare. The problem is they aren't taking the "war on drugs" seriously. They seem to be involved with the poppy trade through the international connections. No war there.

by Anonymousreply 98December 27, 2017 6:59 PM

Thank you R84 and R86. It shows true ignorance for some to continue to disparage people based on a smartass remark made by Hillary. Some of the hardest working, most religious, most loving, most ethical and moral people live in the south and other so-called flyover areas. They may not have a lot of money, they may not be the most educated, they don't live in or aspire to live in New York City but would rather eat dirt than vote republican. I know this because two of them were my parents. Make fun all you want. Have at it.

by Anonymousreply 99December 27, 2017 8:48 PM

Please. We've seen all of the nasty things that southerners or midwesterners are always saying about California or the northeast on social media and other forums all of the time. Things that frankly border on homophobic and racist a lot of the time.

You give as good as you get.

Stop acting like innocent angels whose shit don't stink.

by Anonymousreply 100December 27, 2017 8:59 PM

They brought it on themselves by banning weed.

You want it to stop, legalize weed.

by Anonymousreply 101December 27, 2017 9:01 PM

R101, not if I have anything to say about it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 27, 2017 9:06 PM

Legalize weed and bring on mass schizophrenia, paranoia and laziness - just what we need!

by Anonymousreply 103December 27, 2017 9:09 PM

R103 is Jeff Sessions who just watched Reefer Madness!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104December 27, 2017 9:13 PM

Throw them all in jail just like they threw all of the crack addicts in jail!

by Anonymousreply 105December 27, 2017 9:20 PM

R104 is 80 years behind the times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106December 27, 2017 9:25 PM

Privateer Holdings. The marijuana investment company recently closed a $75 million fundraising round that included the Founders Fund, an investment firm created by PayPal cofounder Peter Thiel, taking a multi-million dollar stake. The investment was a big one for both Privateer and the cannabis industry on the whole because it represented the first major institutional funding in a marijuana company.

by Anonymousreply 107December 27, 2017 9:28 PM

[quote]They’re still wealthy. They seem to have suffered no consequences. There needs to be a huge class action from the families of those whose lives are fucked - and strip them of Every. Last. Cent.

That's a very good idea, like people sued the tobacco companies years ago.

by Anonymousreply 108December 27, 2017 9:48 PM

First of all, the people with blood on their hands are the Sackler famy, owners (100%) of Purdue pharmaceuticals, makers of oxycontin. They take in billions every year on the backs of addicted pain patients from every socio-economic bracket. Not just the poor whites of flyover country. (And by The way, could you not indulge in the "they started it!!@" crap? Seriously, how old are you people?) The New Yorker published a scathing profile of those assholes about a month ago; please go read, dataloungers. The Sackler family SHOULD go to prison for the rest of their lives. Every last one of them. They show reckless indifference every day of their lives. Their business model? "Advertising and shady legal maneuvering will keep us rich."

Meanwhile they lead rarefied lives of the entitled rich. Collect masterworks, endow buildings. Do ANY of them ever acknowledge what they've done? No of course not.

So no more of this "deplorable" bullshit if you please. Not until we start applying it to the people who really deserve it.

R86

by Anonymousreply 109December 27, 2017 9:49 PM

Some elderly cannot afford the opiods they need for real pain and actually find it easier/cheaper to use street heroin.

by Anonymousreply 110December 27, 2017 9:50 PM

Cannabis growers need to get together and take back everything that was stolen from them by the state.

by Anonymousreply 111December 27, 2017 10:06 PM

They will be taken over by Pharma corporations.

by Anonymousreply 112December 27, 2017 10:09 PM

The hypocrisy of some of you is astounding

“Oh fuck all the calls of "elitist!!!".

“You don't get hooked on heroin without being a damn fool, and yes, I do look down on anyone stupid enough to do that. People who are smart and/or sensible don't use drugs that are illegal or dangers, I don't and I look down on you if you do.“ r91

Um Meth addiction disproportionately affects the Gay community as does HIV medicine and prevention. Gonorrhoea etc are huge in our community and their treatments and you are looking down on others !!! WTF. I am one of the Gay community, but how much do we cost the tax payer, the Government, the Insurance company’s, the Country. I believe there should be subsidies for this, but before you go shitting and looking down on other people , based on who they voted for, again WTF!!!. Take a look at our own back garden.

I am with r86 100% Their story is mine . I bet I am not alone.

Stop behaving like Marie Antoinette and telling people they need to eat cake , when they need bread and you won’t have to fear ending up like her.

The superiority and the condescending elitist bullshit is frankly ugly..

by Anonymousreply 113December 27, 2017 10:54 PM

I agree 100% with R86, too.

by Anonymousreply 114December 27, 2017 10:56 PM

Eat cake, lose weight!

by Anonymousreply 115December 27, 2017 10:56 PM

[quote] The hypocrisy of some of you is astounding

[quote] “Oh fuck all the calls of "elitist!!!".

[quote] “You don't get hooked on heroin without being a damn fool, and yes, I do look down on anyone stupid enough to do that. People who are smart and/or sensible don't use drugs that are illegal or dangers, I don't and I look down on you if you do.“ [R91]

[quote] Um Meth addiction disproportionately affects the Gay community as does HIV medicine and prevention. Gonorrhoea etc are huge in our community and their treatments and you are looking down on others !!! WTF. I am one of the Gay community, but how much do we cost the tax payer, the Government, the Insurance company’s, the Country. I believe there should be subsidies for this, but before you go shitting and looking down on other people , based on who they voted for, again WTF!!!. Take a look at our own back garden.

[quote] Stop behaving like Marie Antoinette and telling people they need to eat cake , when they need bread and you won’t have to fear ending up like her.

WTF? Hilarious! You Russian trolls are becoming bigger jokes by the minute with your ridiculous posts!

Do they teach you on the troll farms that this is how Americans talk and think? Because you ain't doing a very good job of being convincing.

Stick to passing out on vodka. It is your country's one remaining talent!

The superiority and the condescending elitist bullshit is frankly ugly..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116December 27, 2017 11:02 PM

Russians, take care of your own "back garden!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 27, 2017 11:05 PM

There are no Russians on this thread. You are crazy. Are you on Flakka?

by Anonymousreply 118December 27, 2017 11:12 PM

R65, I think R64 is using the word “Bankers” as a euphemism for “Jews”.

One of the biggest problems modern civilization faces are “brain trusts”, like r64.

I hate saying this, because I understand the irony of what In about to say, but the bottom line is that if we were able to rid the world of people like R64, we’d almost immediately have a society much improved.

by Anonymousreply 119December 27, 2017 11:13 PM

Flakka is worse than crack. Even Russian drugs are unpleasant and destructive unlike the fun American drugs.

by Anonymousreply 120December 27, 2017 11:13 PM

I think Flakka is from China like Fentanyl. Krokodil is Russian.

by Anonymousreply 121December 27, 2017 11:15 PM

I do love R113's random capitalization, though. Although according to him, it is for the better that we don't discuss this issue anymore, since we need to tend to our own back garden, lest we end up like Marie Antoinette. 😱

by Anonymousreply 122December 27, 2017 11:21 PM

If I could afford it and do it legally I'd drop plane loads of opioids down on them until they would all lay dead in the streets. These people destroyed our country, with the help of the Russians. I don't think a dime should be spent trying to help them. People on Medicare and Medicaid have real medical problems, cancer, heart disease, real injuries, every kind of real disease. Why should money from those programs be used to help these people when they voted for the people who want to end Medicare and Medicaid AND Social Security and food stamps and even take away money used to help poor old people heat their homes in very cold areas of the country.

by Anonymousreply 123December 27, 2017 11:30 PM

R122 Discuss is a large word with meaning. This not a discussion. This is “ OMG How did Hillary Lose ? “ no 21875960 thread masqueraded as something different, but in reality the same thing.

You don’t want to discuss the situation. You want to judge people and condemn people because they did not vote the right way. The correct way . Your way.

Because they didn’t they deserve ,basically death. So because someone doesn’t think like you they should die?

Discussion is the last thing anyone wants on this thread . They just want to keep yelling at the sky cause things didn’t go their way in an Election.

The whole idea that Datalounge is infiltrated by Russians , Alt Right, Nazis and rascists is so absurd as to be an XFile episode, but it is believed here.

by Anonymousreply 124December 27, 2017 11:39 PM

Well, see, here's the thing, R124. It doesn't really matter whether you're writing stupid shit because you're a paid Russian troll, or you're writing stupid shit because you're a sociopathic troll, or you're writing stupid shit because you're a rabid partisan, or you're writing stupid shit because you're genuinely stupid.

Either way, the impact is the same: you're writing stupid shit. And what you're writing here is stupid shit. Now why you're doing that, only you can know.

by Anonymousreply 125December 27, 2017 11:55 PM

I love the morons who think that Datalounge is a hotbed of Russian trollery. Most gay people don't even know this fucking forum even exists, FFS!

by Anonymousreply 126December 28, 2017 12:04 AM

some of you posting these threads are really despicable. you deserve to be unhappy. you = the same people that wanted gay people that had aids exiled to an island. or burned down hemopheliacs childrens home so they would move to another school district. get bent. this is sad. people are dying.

by Anonymousreply 127December 28, 2017 12:08 AM

[quote]If I could afford it and do it legally I'd drop plane loads of opioids down on them until they would all lay dead in the streets.

On a side note your statement just made me realize how odd it even is that we have Naloxone available to treat ODs. I mean, how weirdly convenient is it that there's a medicine that can be administered so easily and which instantly neutralizes the effects of the opioids in a persons' bloodstream such that they basically spring back to life when only seconds before they were barely breathing and their heart was barely beating? It's insane when you think about it.

Huntington WV is ground zero for heroin ODs. 25% of the population there over age 13 are heroin addicts. The populace is dropping left and right like flies while all the emergency services crews zoom around rehabilitating them with Naloxone. You do wonder to what end does it serve them when they're just going to keep ODing over and over and over again until finally someone can't get to them in time and they die. All politics aside I feel for these communities being completely destroyed by heroin but I don't see any viable solution, any place that's produced a program that can be used as a model for the rest of the US. What's the solution? If there isn't one, it might ultimately be merciful to stop using the Naloxone.

by Anonymousreply 128December 28, 2017 12:09 AM

These addicts make it very difficult for people with real pain issues to even get pain meds. These people suck.

by Anonymousreply 129December 28, 2017 12:10 AM

I just don't understand. I've never even smoked a joint, and only taken sips of some alcohol drinks in my life. I don't like it and don't want it.

by Anonymousreply 130December 28, 2017 12:11 AM

Things were better when people were just alcoholics.

by Anonymousreply 131December 28, 2017 12:12 AM

[quote] love the morons who think that Datalounge is a hotbed of Russian trollery. Most gay people don't even know this fucking forum even exists, FFS!

Shows how much you know, you stupid cunt, when the Alexa web traffic site showed over 5% of web traffic coming directly from Russia.

by Anonymousreply 132December 28, 2017 12:16 AM

Nothing is more obnoxious on DL than the shrieking about "Russian trolls." It's really really gotten worse over the last week. Just stop.

by Anonymousreply 133December 28, 2017 12:25 AM

I agree, R133. It is hysterical. Mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 134December 28, 2017 12:28 AM

The Race to Make Naloxone a Household Drug

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 28, 2017 12:28 AM

[quote] Shows how much you know, you stupid cunt, when the Alexa web traffic site showed over 5% of web traffic coming directly from Russia.

Just to spite you I set my VPN to show my location is in Romania. "Russian trolls" are probably smarter than you too and use VPNs just like me. Alexa does not reliably measure anything. Why are you looking this up anyway? Get a hobby, get a life. Stop ruining this site with mindless, distracting posts.

by Anonymousreply 136December 28, 2017 12:31 AM

Yes, because your posts are just the soul of wit and intelligence, R136....

by Anonymousreply 137December 28, 2017 12:34 AM

Oh, we have our American-born idiots and trolls, no doubt, but at least not even they fucking talking with the cadence and diction of R113. What the hell inept and stilted excuse for conversational English is that?

Try harder.

by Anonymousreply 138December 28, 2017 12:38 AM

Not to mention that the post was an incoherent mess that bore no resemblance to reality. We're telling people they need to eat cake? WTF? That doesn't even make sense.

by Anonymousreply 139December 28, 2017 12:40 AM

The Alexa troll has been saying this for several weeks now. I still don't believe it.

I think that the DLers who believe that Data Lounge is a Russian target is quite similar to when my crazy neighbor believed that Brad Pitt was sending her messages via his interviews in print and on TV that he had wanted her to be the mother of his child(this was in the mid 90s) No matter how improbable a scenario is, there are always some who will buy into it.

Truth: Russian disinformation trolls have never heard of DL

Milo does not post here

Regardless of how brilliant and special we are, we are largely unknown to the cyber world.

The Russian trolls are busy with Twitter, OP/ED comments in newspapers, FaceBook comments and blogs with major traffic. I do admit that I think a few Breitbarters looking for dick pics may have discovered us. That's about as far as I am willing to go with the "Data Lounge has been infiltrated" conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 140December 28, 2017 12:41 AM

Just go to the Russian threads. They always take the bait and can't help but respond defensively on their own behalf. As if any DLer has some vested interest in passionately defending the God-damned Russians.

by Anonymousreply 141December 28, 2017 12:41 AM

Welcome to neoliberalism. Tent cities, food stamps and poverty. It's no wonder people are killing themselves. The United States is brutal.

by Anonymousreply 142December 28, 2017 12:46 AM

R140, you are also the idiot who claims that poor whites are "not voting for Trump," despite being presented with evidence to the contrary that, yes, in fact, the poorest, whitest counties [italic]do[/italic] overwhelmingly vote [R], and they did overwhelmingly for Trump.

Why you believe that anybody should take stock of anything you have to say is completely beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 143December 28, 2017 12:47 AM

[quote]I think that the DLers who believe that Data Lounge is a Russian target

*sigh* Trolls do a web search on various topics that are either trending or that they wish to make trending. When they get a hit and if it's to a forum or blog post that allows them to comment at will they do so. It's irrelevant if it's DL or blogspot or Yahoo or any other forum. So yes, it's not at all beyond the realm of possibility that we've had trolls posting here.

[quote]Truth: Russian disinformation trolls have never heard of DL

Since you have no basis for making that statement, forgive us if we regard it as the non sequitur that it is.

[quote]Milo does not post here

Perhaps. And yet some on the alt-right clearly do. Or those with clearly demonstrated alt-right views that are word-for-word what Milo advocates.

So basically, you have no idea what you're talking about, have no data to back up anything you write, and we're supposed to take you seriously why, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 144December 28, 2017 12:50 AM

What can I do to help.... quadruple it again?

by Anonymousreply 145December 28, 2017 12:52 AM

I thought Trump declared a national opioid crisis? Is that it? Ok we have a crisis.

by Anonymousreply 146December 28, 2017 1:17 AM

Don't worry, R146. Kellyanne is on the job! America is in great hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147December 28, 2017 1:29 AM

"Some of the hardest working, most religious, most loving, most ethical and moral people live in the south and other so-called flyover areas. "

Oh honey, if you are equating being religious with being hard-working, ethical, moral, or a good person... you know fuck NOTHING about the world.

by Anonymousreply 148December 28, 2017 1:31 AM

Backing up from way upthread, but r52 slipped up and revealed that he/she's an honest-to-Jebus Russky troll. Check it out: [quote]I hope they show this thread in future as an illustration of what the end result of labelling can do.

Russian doesn't use articles like "the" and "a" - think Boris and Natasha. "We must get moose and squirrel." R52's English is pretty good but "in future" gives it away. Read it with a Russian accent and you'll hear it right way. An actual English speaker would have said "in the future".

хорошая попытка, comrade.

by Anonymousreply 149December 28, 2017 1:39 AM

R143 Yes I am that idiot. And my belief about that county in Kentucky going for Trump, despite being below the poverty level is this: the exception to my statement that the majority of POOR white Americans are voting for the Democratic candidates is when the precinct/county/whatever is populated by the Christian fundamentalists. Those people put the abortion issue even above the issues which are in their best interests. The very few Black voters who vote Republican are usually motivated by that same issue(led by activists such as Alveta King, MLK's niece, who spearheads the Christian Blacks for Trump group.)

Here is why I feel my thoughts have merit: I am just a regular American Joe who has always had good instincts. I am no more qualified than anyone else at DL, but I think I touched on something which has been bothering more than a few of the DL regulars; and that is that the protracted usage of the terms "poor white trash," and "The Deplorables(when it is used to demean the PWT) is becoming almost as disturbing and unfair as many of the disgusting statements coming from Trump's own mouth/Twitter.

It's commendable that we progressives are quick to defend almost every group which suffers from prejudice and unfair stereotyping, that is why I think it is unconscionable how many here continue to demean poor white Americans with such alacrity.

by Anonymousreply 150December 28, 2017 1:41 AM

YES, R150!

by Anonymousreply 151December 28, 2017 1:44 AM

[quote]the pharma companies who pushed ‘new’ ‘next geberation’ ‘non addictive’ opioids like OxyContin

There's nothing new or next generation about oxycodone which was invented in 1916 and marketed in the US since 1939 (notably as Percodan). Doctors were well aware it is addictive decades ago.

If some doctors are so simple-minded that marketing can cause them to overprescribe an addictive drug, that's on them. The legitimate patients, cancer victms and post-op patients, should not suffer.

by Anonymousreply 152December 28, 2017 2:18 AM

R86 thank you for your essay on "How to Try To Convince Normal People to Adopt Fascism". Fuck off back to Breitbart.

by Anonymousreply 153December 28, 2017 2:22 AM

Amen R150. Amen.

The thing I am most appalled by on Datalounge, is how uninformed most of the posters are. It is as though no one here ever reads anything. There is a Roseanne Barr thread castigating her for being from the Midwest and against marriage equality. She is from Salt Lake City, and despite an hour or so googling, I have never found any statement she's made that suggests she is against marriage equality. She has recently confessed to having voted for Trump as a protest vote, because she hated Hillary so vehemently (I hated her too, but voted for jill Stein).

In this thread the obvious discussion should have focused not on poor white "deplorables", but on the obnoxious Sackler family making blood money profits from human suffering. But that would require reading and the synthesis of information into a new model. A new debate. Much easier to discuss Russian trolls, as Hillary herself encourages everyone to do. If it is true that Datalounge is populated by primarily elder-gays, the I have to say, I am not impressed with the average elder gay's intellectual prowess.

Why is datalounge so aggressive and so mean-spirited? I understand craving mindless entertainment, but don't dataloungers ever crave substance? Is attacking the only fun here?

Just as I was about to post, I saw R153. Perfect.

R86

by Anonymousreply 154December 28, 2017 2:39 AM

R154, by admitting you're a moronic dipshit that irrationally hates Hillary and wasted your vote on Stein (which is the same as voting for Trump), you're completely discredited as being smart or able to reason or use logic, and in fact, this disaster we're in is on you.

by Anonymousreply 155December 28, 2017 2:47 AM

Yes, I despise opioid addicts, I think they're fools and have said so quite plainly.

But lest anyone think there's an element of elitism, let me say I also despise the rich kids and Hollywood cool set who also abuse drugs (including shit-tons of opiates), and who think long-term junkies like Keith Richards are cool! They're human garbage and if they die from their addictions like Heath Ledger and Prince, they're no more of a loss to the world than some homeless junkie whose last overdose broke his mother's heart for the last time. You're all part of the illegal drug trade that's undermining the rule of law all over the world, every cop who gets beheaded by gangs in Mexico died because YOU want your jollies at any cost!

by Anonymousreply 156December 28, 2017 3:49 AM

Where were all of you self-righteous, concerned citizens when crack was ravaging poor people in the cities, and people (especially Republicans) were calling for those addicts to be thrown into prison?

by Anonymousreply 157December 28, 2017 4:12 AM

There was no wave of national compassion when Americans were succumbing to crack addiction back then.

Now, it is a "national crisis."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158December 28, 2017 4:17 AM

[quote] Some of the hardest working, most religious, most loving, most ethical and moral people live in the south and other so-called flyover areas. "

Bullshit. There is absolutely nothing that makes southerners any more hard working, loving, ethical or moral than Americans from any other part of the country. They might cloak all of their behavior behind being "religious," but how Christian-like are they, really, when they are constantly voting in politicians who do the most cruel and ungodly things ever?

by Anonymousreply 159December 28, 2017 4:48 AM

Can somebody translate what R113 was trying to say?

by Anonymousreply 160December 28, 2017 5:04 AM

[quote] non addictive’ opioids like OxyContin

I never heard it claimed that OxyContin was non-addictive.

[quote] Seriously - they advocated popping the fucking things like they were candy.

Seriously, no they" didn't. I was in school and about to become a prescriber when OxyContin and the dilaudid and fentanyl patches were introduced. They were introduced for people with end stage diseases and for people with serious chronic pain, like phantom limb pain, or permanent nerve damage, or for what was called at the time RSD. We were never told they were non-addictive or that people should pop them like candy. In fact, a lot of medical professionals had been feeling for years that chronic pain and particularly pain from end stage diseases were under treated and that it was disgraceful that people couldn't have a decent quality of life.

It was never anticipated that assholes would steal OxyContin from pain sufferers and crush them up and snort them (which is how it started -- with people steals no it and/or getting their hands on a relative's supply after they died). Nobody foresaw idiots managing to get the drugs off a patch and take it all at once. In fact, these medications were developed to slowly deliver a steady supply of the drug over a long period of time so that people could sleep without waking up in pain 4 hours later.

Most people do not know the difference between oxycodone and OxyContin. I'm always hearing some moron claiming, "And that doctor wanted her/him to take OxyContin!" when they were in fact prescribed oxycodone. My own mother and aunt told me that my dying uncle didn't want to take "that OxyContin" because it was "that terrible drug all those addicts were taking." I made my mother get the medication and spell it for me. It was oxycodone, not OxyContin.

Oxycodone is Percocet, which has been around for many decades and used without problem until this recent drug epidemic. I think I was 14 the first time my dentist prescribed it for me for a dry socket and that was a long time ago. It's only the recen generation who can't help but become addicted to drugs, then swear a doctor prescribed 100 percocets for them. After three years in practice we started hearing about young people adding numbers to RXs. Like if ten were prescribed, they added another zero to make it 100. Or if 30 was prescribed, they added a 1 and made it 130. That's when we started writing the number on the RXs. We would write "dispense: #30 (thirty)" so that the number could not be tampered with. In fact, one of the reasons for computerised RXs is to prevent patients from tampering with the dosage.

OxyContin is not a new drug. It's just a long acting version of Percocet (oxycodone). Since it is long acting, it has a larger dosage (80mg, eg, compared to 5mg or 10mg). When this drug epidemic started, it was reported on correctly at first. But now the coverage has devolved into evil pharmaceutical companies and unscrupulous doctors who want to get people addicted to drugs. I have no love for the pharmaceutical companies, but we were told by them that OxyContin was specifically formulated to relieve sever pain and it was to be taken once every 12 hours IF necessary. That's quite different from being told people should "pop them like candy."

Asshole foreign doctors came to the US and became drug mills -- another thing no one ever foresaw. Who could have predicted doctors from third world countries would seize the opportunity to write RXs for huge numbers of drugs in exchange for what became millions of dollars. For every one who was caught, 100 got away with it and left the US after parking their money in offshore accounts.

But the main blame is reserved for the people who take the drugs. No one forces them to take drugs (that have been around for decades without a problem) and seek them out on the street. No doctor or pharmaceutical company is pushing oxycodone on people. All these drugs were meant to do was ease pain for dying and suffering people, but selfish assholes decided they needed to get high.

by Anonymousreply 161December 28, 2017 5:22 AM

All you have proved ,over and over again is why the Left has lost sight of it’s own values and falls more and more into a Socialist abyss.

When the Left ,which was basically founded on the Poor and the Workers , throws those people away and instead glories in an educated elite who look down on people, you are fucked..

As for the bullshit Russian Troll, has it ever occurred to you that perhaps there are Gay Russians and that perhaps they might come onto a Gay website?

You do know that you have French, , German , English. Australian , Spanish , South Africans , Turkish , Canadians etc come here?

I mean the way you speak suggests you cannot fathom that anyone who can read English , even as a second or third language can post here and that the way English is spealt is different between America and Europe?

I suppose you don’t want to think that maybe 1 in 5 of us aren’t from The US and that you basically may be shitting on Russians who are Gay , who also get shat on by their own country.

No ,better to think the world is divided into good and bad. You are good, the Deplorables are bad and no one else can read English.

by Anonymousreply 162December 28, 2017 6:02 AM

Yes, sure R162... We are all more than certain that "Gay Russians" (who have to fear for their lives, personal safety, and jobs in their home country) have absolutely nothing more pressing to do than to argue passionately in defense of American opioid addicts.

Uh-huh. Right.

by Anonymousreply 163December 28, 2017 6:09 AM

Oh for fuck's sake R162, the big issue here is the DRUGS, rich people and poor people alike destroying their bodies and their brains and funding criminal organizations so huge and dangerous that they'd destabilizing governments everywhere!

But no, you don't care about that, all you care about is that you think someone is being "elitist".

by Anonymousreply 164December 28, 2017 6:17 AM

[quote] As for the bullshit Russian Troll, has it ever occurred to you that perhaps there are Gay Russians and that perhaps they might come onto a Gay website?

And certainly the first thing that any gay Russian, of free will, would do is, of course, to endlessly attack Hillary, defend the American alt-right, neo-Nazis, and criticize the "Regressive Left," right? Because that makes so much sense.

[quote] When the Left ,which was basically founded on the Poor and the Workers

On the brighter side of things, I do appreciate that R162 is essentially admitting to being a Russian troll, and employing old school Soviet manifesto-speak.

by Anonymousreply 165December 28, 2017 6:22 AM

The ones going on about"Russian trolls" are nuts. Not everyone is going to agree with every single word you say. Grow up!

by Anonymousreply 166December 28, 2017 1:15 PM

R153 thinks empathy is "Fascism." Mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 167December 28, 2017 1:26 PM

R166 to so many on this thread, because you are not thinking the same as them, you are a Troll, Fascist, Alt aright, Russian, Nazi . Basically anything that stick they will label you with it ,so they can say, everyone is a bigot except them.

The saddest part of this , is that they are pushing more and more people away from the Democrats. They just don’t get, that they are literally calling the same people who were here 2, 3,5. , 10 years ago bigots because their opinion doesn’t match their own. Sadly they are actually making it possible another victory for Trump by showing exactly why people voted for him.

by Anonymousreply 168December 28, 2017 1:35 PM

Dear heart, since not a word you've written on this thread is true, or even remotely makes sense, forgive us if we refuse to take your latest rant seriously, or that all we really want to do when reading your drivel is laugh uproariously at the sheer stupidity.

No, dear, we're not "pushing more and more people away from the Democrats," which is why Democrats are outperforming at all of the off-season elections this year. And no, we're not calling everyone "bigots," and no, we're not "making it possible [sic] another victory for Trump."

Clearly, English isn't your first language and you know nothing at all about what you're posting on. Your posts are basically just random gibberish thrown together, none of which even remotely makes sense. All you're doing with your posts is amusing us.

by Anonymousreply 169December 28, 2017 2:50 PM

Yes, R168.

R169, you are not an "us". You are a "you" - one person.

by Anonymousreply 170December 28, 2017 2:53 PM

R170, I can read the posts on this thread. Can you?

by Anonymousreply 171December 28, 2017 2:55 PM

[quote][R153] thinks empathy is "Fascism."

Meanwhile, I know it is.

by Anonymousreply 172December 28, 2017 2:55 PM

I love, though, that that is the one thing you picked out from my post to attack and not the other substantive points I raised. If that's the best you can do, I feel sorry for you.

by Anonymousreply 173December 28, 2017 2:55 PM

Yes, I can read posts, R171

Empathy is fascism? No, it is the opposite of fascism.

by Anonymousreply 174December 28, 2017 2:56 PM

Apparently you can't, R174, since you're praising an incoherent mess and ignoring the several people who have pointed out that his posts are an incoherent mess, which means, of course, that yes, I am part of an "us."

Better luck next time.

by Anonymousreply 175December 28, 2017 3:01 PM

Being forced to empathize with people who don't deserve it is fascist to the core.

by Anonymousreply 176December 28, 2017 3:03 PM

West Virginia's population must have been cut in half.

by Anonymousreply 177December 28, 2017 3:03 PM

Don't deny there is a regressive left.

by Anonymousreply 178December 28, 2017 3:04 PM

What is fascist is painting with a broad brush and wishing death - that is what you do, R176.

by Anonymousreply 179December 28, 2017 3:06 PM

[quote]Don't deny there is a regressive left.

Of course we will. It's a rather stupid remark, much like the rest of your comments on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 180December 28, 2017 3:07 PM

R179, you are putting words in my mouth. You and you alone are talking about death wishes and using stupid clichés like "painted with a broad brush" when some people genuinely not deserved to be empathized with, and if you insist bad people are entitled to empathy, then not only are you a fascist and an asshole, but you are complicit in the horrible things they do.

by Anonymousreply 181December 28, 2017 3:09 PM

[quote]You and you alone are talking about death wishes

Liar. There are people wishing death on this thread - but not me.

by Anonymousreply 182December 28, 2017 3:21 PM

You're the liar. You're the one putting words into other people's mouths. You're the one projecting your personality problems onto others. You're a bad person if you think bad people deserve empathy.

by Anonymousreply 183December 28, 2017 3:24 PM

Empathy is a privilege that can be unearned just as easily as it can be earned.

by Anonymousreply 184December 28, 2017 3:24 PM

R181, whether it is you or others on this thread , there is a lot of "all poor people deserve to die", "all poor people voted for Trump" "all people who live in WV or Ohio or the South deserve to die" and "all people on opioids voted for Trump and deserve to die" - none of which is true, and IS painting with a broad bush, or stereotyping or scapegoating if you prefer, and is certainly lacking in humanity. And playing into the hands of the 1% who would love to see the population divided and lacking in humanity.

by Anonymousreply 185December 28, 2017 3:27 PM

Empathy is being human. I guess you are , or not.

by Anonymousreply 186December 28, 2017 3:28 PM

You seem to be good at pointing fingers without knowing which way you're pointing, R185.

by Anonymousreply 187December 28, 2017 3:30 PM

So are you, R187

by Anonymousreply 188December 28, 2017 3:32 PM

By the way it is not "pointing fingers" to note that there are people stereotyping people and wishing death - it is right here, all over the thread.

by Anonymousreply 189December 28, 2017 3:35 PM

Nope, R188. I know who I'm criticizing and what I'm doing it for. You don't.

by Anonymousreply 190December 28, 2017 3:42 PM

R161's lengthy rant is full of bizarre claims.

No, Millennials are not the only generation who have problems with prescription drug abuse. Young adults have always been more at risk, but that means Generation Z nowadays, and it was GenX back in the 1990s. Plus drug abuse is increasing in older people. That thing about "the current generation" being the only generation with a problem is untrue.

And this is not all the fault of the scary foreigners who came to the US to study and practice medicine.

by Anonymousreply 191December 28, 2017 4:20 PM

Question: WHY are drug suppliers lacing heroin with fentanyl and carfentanil? I've read that a lot of the laced batches of heroin are originating in China. But, why? I mean, if you're in the business of selling heroin to as many customers as possible for as long as possible to keep the money flowing, why would you add in an elephant tranquilizer that's umpteen times more potent and likely to kill your customer? Where's the benefit there?

by Anonymousreply 192December 28, 2017 11:06 PM

Why do drug dealers risk killing their buyers with a fatal additive?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193December 28, 2017 11:12 PM

many of the people dying of fentanyl overdoses don't even realize that's what they're taking, according to health authorities and cops who are warning recreational drug users that they're at risk of dying when they take drugs like oxycodone, ecstasy, heroin, MDMA, and cocaine, all of which could be laced with fentanyl. In Vancouver, heroin is believed to have been all but replaced with fentanyl.

Samuel Gutman, a doctor with BC-based Rockdoc Consulting, which is providing opioid overdose stations at Pemberton Music Festival next month, told VICE dealers are cutting fentanyl into other drugs because "it's cheap and available, and it's easy to synthesize."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194December 28, 2017 11:14 PM

Let's give them our thoughts and prayers.

by Anonymousreply 195December 28, 2017 11:19 PM

And OP asked a legitimate question. What is Trump going to do about this mess?

by Anonymousreply 196December 28, 2017 11:20 PM

No one is going to do anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 197December 28, 2017 11:25 PM

Thanks r193 and r194. That definitely explains the fentanyl: it's easier to get ahold of and up to 30 times cheaper than heroin. I still don't understand carfentanil, which is virtually guaranteed to be deadly in any amount.

Our country isn't willing to invest the money and resources needed to get heroin addicts clean. I don't see it ever happening. I also have yet to see any proven solution. Vietnam vets who got addicted overseas all quit cold turkey once they got back to the US and stayed clean, which is thought to be due to the change in environment. Getting away from your familiar network of dealers and fellow users helps keep the dragon at bay. Maybe we could create a junkie exchange program and swap them to different cities for rehab, like Mormon missionaries.

by Anonymousreply 198December 28, 2017 11:35 PM

It would be great if they could clean up all the seedy areas and borderline seedy areas. That would involve money and work, so no one will do it.

by Anonymousreply 199December 28, 2017 11:39 PM

R161 may be a Purdue Pharma drone -- it's the fault of the addicts! And foreign doctors! But don't blame the pharmaceutical companies . . . Except you can blame Purdue Pharma. You can blame it a lot. It "aggressively" marketed OxyContin for the "non-malignant pain market," and promoted it to general practice doctors, not pain management specialists. It targeted its marketing at areas that already consumed a lot of pain medication, and created a perverse bonus system to reward doctors who prescribed large quantities of the drug. All of this is well-known. And it used false claims in its marketing: the recent New Yorker article pointed out that there was no good evidence that OxyContin was, in fact, "long-acting," although Purdue Pharma repeatedly claimed that it was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200December 29, 2017 12:08 AM

None of this would be happening if there were never a "War on Drugs."

by Anonymousreply 201December 29, 2017 12:11 AM

Seems like Purdue Pharma marketing is why it is happening.

by Anonymousreply 202December 29, 2017 12:28 AM

There clearly isn't a war on drugs. A war on people, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 203December 29, 2017 12:28 AM

Well put. The drugs are merely a distraction.

by Anonymousreply 204December 29, 2017 12:32 AM

Well let's hope and pray it keeps going up up up!

by Anonymousreply 205December 29, 2017 12:33 AM

Let them die.

This is the breed of people who said gays deserved AIDS. And if there were another fatal disease affecting us, they'd say it again in a second.

Karma.

by Anonymousreply 206December 29, 2017 3:04 AM

Are you actually claiming that heroin addicts said that gays deserved AIDS? Are you completely out of your mind? Why would a group who are the second most likely to become HIV+ be in any way happy about AIDS?

I've read some crazy shit here, mostly stuff by D&vida, but this takes the cake.

by Anonymousreply 207December 29, 2017 3:51 AM

These people were not heroin addicts back then^^. They weren't even heroin addicts a few years ago. They only became heroin junkies because availability to their opioids ran dry. So yes, it is very likely that many of these people were of the holier-than-thou antigay variety.

by Anonymousreply 208December 29, 2017 4:37 AM

“Let them die.“ r206

There really is no difference between a Fascist and Regressive Leftist, both have as ridiculous beliefs as each other.

I used to think I was Left in most things , but now I look at the Communist Left and the Alt Right and I see little difference. Just hate and bigots.

Meanwhile I think many of us are starting to ask the question who are we. I know I am not Right. I have done several of the Political tests and come out Centre Left. But I know the Left no longer represents me.

I also think many of us , who are questioning ,are not Right either. No matter how many times we are yelled at as Nazi and Alt Right.

However the Left has gone completely crazy and I no longer see myself in anything they say.. it is sad.

by Anonymousreply 209December 29, 2017 5:07 AM

Don’t feed the (Russian) trolls.

Just point them out and move on.

by Anonymousreply 210December 29, 2017 5:28 AM

R209 is definitely not an American, which makes its concerns about American political identification odd. Of course, it's using terms that are not really used in the U.S., but are used in Europe.

So, R209, why don't you explain your commenting about your political identification in a thread about the opioid crisis in the United States?

Make a case for yourself that you're not a Russian troll, but some other sort of foreigner.

by Anonymousreply 211December 29, 2017 6:12 AM

Give me a break , Russian Troll.? Do I seriously have to defend myself as non Russian? I am a Westerner, that is enough. I have never set foot in Russia, or any of it’s satellites. Though side note I am going to St Petersburg for my 50th. That and Egypt have been my childhood dreams.

Egypt seems too dangerous now, so St Petersburg it is.

Why do I come on a thread like this? Because I am Gay and care about things in the world . Because being Left and Right are Western ideas ,that every nation is dealing with. Because the opioid addiction is starting to find its way here and because I think what happens in America filters to the rest of the world, good or bad.

I think Alexa, who someone mentioned up thread says that 55% of the traffic comes from the US and that means 45% does not.

I suppose as a human being I find it sad that you are able to look at half your country and hate them for how they voted. Basically what was in their heads at a given moment. Condemn them as morally reprehensible, while calling yourselves basically good.

As my country is one of your allies , I suppose to me that shows what level of trust we should have in you and also how very similar and yet incomprehensively different at the same time.

I have been on this board for , coming up to 17 years and I have seen the Lord of the Rings debates, the One Direction debate, but this level of hate and dislike, I haven’t seen.

by Anonymousreply 212December 29, 2017 7:50 AM

I agree R212 In all my years here, I have yet to see anything be so divisive as the '16 election and the attendant vitriol expressed by the true devotees of HRC. I say true devotees because I am certain that I am not the only one here who voted a straight Democratic ticket while being less than enthralled by the candidate. Of course I would be happier if she had won, DUH...but the fact that she lost does not fill me with hate for any person I suspect of voting for Trump. It's getting to the point now where if someone discovered the cure for HIV/AIDS, but it was disclosed that he/she was a Republican, at least half of Data Loungers would still wish them ill. We will survive these four years. The end will come before we know it. But the damage from the rift between classes and races and regions which divide us may take much longer to heal. Anyone who has no empathy for opioid addicts should really take a look at themselves. It really disturbs me that there are people who think someone chooses to destroy their life and future without reason. The pain and misery which lead to the desire to disconnect from one's feelings is nothing that is chosen. In many cases it's drugs or suicide. And for many, the decision to go the drug route is a tacit decision to commit suicide on the installment plan.

by Anonymousreply 213December 29, 2017 11:08 AM

[quote] Don’t feed the (Russian) trolls.

They will eat anything. Consider the subject matter.

by Anonymousreply 214December 29, 2017 4:13 PM

Empathy is not a privilege, R184. It is a quality and one of the best things that make us human, but it is not empathy if it is glibly offered and cruelly withdrawn. That statement, that empathy is a privilege that can be earned and easily lost is one of the most depressing posts i have ever read here.

The people questioning why fentanyl? Why carfentanyl? Because Mexican and Chinese drug lords find it much simpler to smuggle in to the US volumes that are 1/10th the amount of heroin a fix requires or even 1/100th. It is about efficient transport. The problem is that dealers, the end-pount pharmacists, don't know how to dilute anything correctly.

Purdue Pharmaceuticals has done NOTHING to develop these drugs. They are marketers. That outer coating that is supposed to produce prolonged release (and studies have shown even that to be a wildly exaggerated claim), and can be easily circumvented by grinding the pills up and snorting them or injecting them. Which they know and always have known.

Prescribing oxycontin to a person who has never been on opiates, keeping them on them for months at a time and then suddenly withdrawing access to that drug ....... That is not the same thing as someone experimenting with mood altering drugs and eventually choosing heroin till you are a ruin of your former self. Those people, who comprise the vast majority of this new wave of opiate addiction, are deserving of empathy, and of justice. That despicable Sackler family must pay.

by Anonymousreply 215December 30, 2017 2:49 PM

Did Trump address his drug addicts in his speech tonight?

by Anonymousreply 216January 31, 2018 6:50 AM

Let them smoke opioids.

by Anonymousreply 217January 31, 2018 7:07 AM

lol R217

by Anonymousreply 218March 18, 2018 4:39 AM

Opioids don't kill people.

People do!

by Anonymousreply 219March 18, 2018 4:40 AM

FUck their pussies

by Anonymousreply 220March 18, 2018 4:47 AM

Why should my tax money go towards helping these stupid people? What a waste!

by Anonymousreply 221March 18, 2018 4:49 AM

OP, do I hear "quintuple"?

by Anonymousreply 222March 18, 2018 9:30 PM

Keep me coming.

by Anonymousreply 223March 18, 2018 11:30 PM

Cash me out when it sextuples!

by Anonymousreply 224March 19, 2018 1:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!