Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why Democrats go after their own and not the Republicans and conservatives

by Anonymousreply 5012/08/2017

Because their entire platform is based on making people feel like helpless babies then promising to help the little babies. Eventually all the babies start fighting with each other over whos the bigger baby.

by Anonymousreply 112/06/2017

People like r1 confuse me. You seriously just hang around waiting to post homophobic and "left-bashing" shit here.

Don't you have anything better to do man?

by Anonymousreply 212/06/2017

Sorry meant to post a poll:

Scared and cowed

Evil and lesser

Also conservative and right wing

Same cooperate overlords

by Anonymousreply 312/06/2017

The two Democrats who were forced to resign (Conyers and Franken) will be replaced by other Democrats. No big loss, just an improvement of character in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 412/06/2017

Really, R4? You really think Gov. Rick Snyder (R) is going to appoint a Demoncrat to replace Conyers. Really?

by Anonymousreply 512/06/2017

The real reason has to do with their constituency. The Republican base just doesn't give a shit about crap like this; the Democratic base does. It's pretty much that simple. So Republicans don't face any significant backlash from the people they care about -- their money men and their base -- whereas Democrats do.

by Anonymousreply 612/06/2017

R5 Governors don't appoint new Congressmen, they schedule special elections and the district (Detroit) is overwhelmingly Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 712/06/2017

The Democrats think this is going to give them the moral high ground, but conservatives clearly don't care about anything moral, they just want to win at all costs if necessary. I guess will depend on what the independents think.

by Anonymousreply 812/06/2017

People don't care about anything moral.

by Anonymousreply 912/06/2017

Unless it’s anti gay morality...

by Anonymousreply 1012/06/2017

[quote]When Democrats go after their own and not the Republicans and conservatives, they lose.

by Anonymousreply 1112/06/2017

Well if the Democrats can put enough pressure on the Senate to expel Roy Moore, assuming he wins, that could completely back fire on the Republicans, the Trump base would turn on the with Bannon leading the charge, but I just don't see them expelling Moore.

I think the Democrats long plan is to split the Conservatives into those loyal to the establishment and those loyal to Trump. I just don't think it will work, the Conservatives would sell their souls to stay in control.

by Anonymousreply 1212/06/2017

Op you don't keep up with Republican elections do you?

by Anonymousreply 1312/06/2017

I'm really depressed right now. I've never seen a dumber bunch of politicians, demanding a purity test from their people, which results in having zero power to deal with the tax bill, healthcare, net neutrality or anything else. Trump is going nowhere, republicans have won by cheating over and over and nothing ever happens to them. I'll be so angry if Franken ends up being hounded out of the Senate. Even that chickenshit Schumer is calling for him to resign. If they think there is a light at the end of the tunnel for them, they're right. And it's a fucking freight train.

by Anonymousreply 1412/06/2017

R6 got it.

by Anonymousreply 1512/06/2017

OP, they claim they represent women. So what are they supposed to do?

by Anonymousreply 1612/06/2017

Who thinks it odd that so many Jewish offenders have been identified in the last two months, and so few other people.

by Anonymousreply 1712/06/2017

R14 I feel your pain.

by Anonymousreply 1812/06/2017

Lawrence just mentioned a poll in which something like 70%+ of Democrats say politicians should resign.

538 has a similar take:

But something else changed too: Democratic leaders got a lot of feedback from voters in the form of polls, and it wasn’t positive Voters care about sexual harassment allegations — and thought both parties were mishandling them

Polling suggests that voters care a lot about sexual harassment allegations — a Quinnipiac poll this week, for instance, found that 66 percent of voters thought that politicians should resign when “accused of sexual harassment or sexual assault by multiple people.” And the poll also found that only 28 percent of voters approve of the Democrats’ handling of sexual harassment and sexual assault claims, as compared with 50 percent who disapprove. That’s better than the numbers for Republicans (21 percent approve, 60 percent disapprove), but not by much. Meanwhile, a Huffington Post/YouGov poll last month found equally poor numbers for Democrats and Republicans when voters were asked whether the parties had a sexual harassment “problem.”

by Anonymousreply 1912/06/2017

Because Democrats are going after the woman vote. Women vote at 53/47 to men. Republicans tried heavily repealing health care, an unfair tax bill and now protect disgusting pedos. It's a good narrative

by Anonymousreply 2012/06/2017

[quote]Well if the Democrats can put enough pressure on the Senate to expel Roy Moore,

They won't. Republicans have caved in on this. The RNC donated some money to Moore's campaign and Trump is all in. The Senate Republicans won't say a fucking thing but will seat him anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2112/06/2017

[quote]Who thinks it odd that so many Jewish offenders have been identified in the last two months, and so few other people.

Odd? Not in the least. America is no different in its scapegoating than Europe, focusing on Jews to salve its guilty conscience. And due to entrenched anti-Jewish bigotry, everyone will unite in that feel-good belief that yes, the collective has acted and are better for doing so. While the reality remains that sexual harassment will not be reduced or curtailed because of the public exposure of a few scapegoats. It is continuing to be committed every single hour of every single day by those who are well aware that they are immune to public scrutiny.

by Anonymousreply 2212/06/2017

Oh, I cannot WAIT until the first accusations against abusive, (nonsexual) harassing, retaliatory WOMEN Congresspersons start rolling in. Omigod, what will Gillibrand, Harris, Speier, and that no-name former reporter from WI do then?

Because I have worked for a male demon who sexually harassed me, and a female demon who undermined, harassed, and hounded me for twelve years. The male boss was eventually exposed and forced to retire. The female boss was promoted and has even more unearned clout in the organization than she had before.

Fucking Democrats can't EVER get their shut together long enough to get/keep power and do sustained good.

by Anonymousreply 2312/06/2017

If you're a decent person, nobody gets a free pass.

Everybody has to uphold the same principles or suffer the same consequences. It doesn't matter what party or family he or she came from. Everyone should be held accountable.

Republicans are fascists. They have an "11th Commandment," "Thou shalt not criticize another Republican." All they care about is loyalty -- they'll whore out their own alleged "principles"just as long as someone from their team gets to take power. It doesn't matter what the candidates actually do.

Repealing NAFTA, protectionism and starting trade wars is the polar opposite of conservatism and free market philosophy. But Trump won because he went to the Republicans and does some shit they like.

So I would expect this untenable behavior from Republicans.

But I was really disgusted to find millions of Democrats unwilling to acknowledge any flaw or mistake in the Godawful Hillary Clinton, whom half the party nominated with belligerent disregard for her fuckups. And Iraq was a MAJOR fuckup unworthy of a President.

Fascists come from all political corners and very few people approach politics honestly.

by Anonymousreply 2412/06/2017

Democrats gave up the white working class male long ago. Hence the rise of the Deplorable movement. Leave it to the Democrats to shoot each other in the face. I want to leave this party and become an Independent. But I hate Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 2512/06/2017

Franken screwed the pooch and is tarnishing the hopes of reclaiming Congress next year. Fuck him, he's an albatross. Dems are NOT the Roy Moore party, so see your way out Grabby!

No, Dems never left straight white males, they just aren't petty racists with tiny dick syndrome, so mentally addled fools like Ronnie Raygun captured their imagination. Why aren't Republicans accused of "identity politics", they invented it?

by Anonymousreply 2612/06/2017

Yes Dems did leave white working class straight males. The party hasn’t spoken about them since Carter.

by Anonymousreply 2712/06/2017

What I don't understand is why Bernie Sanders himself isn't being held account and forced to resign for his comments that all women fantasize about being forced into gang rape and that all men fantasize about raping 14-year-old girls. He was in his 30s when he wrote that publication. Men have stepped down for far less at this point.

by Anonymousreply 2812/06/2017

Hillary was an excellent Secretary of State. I wonder why Bernie Sanders voted seven times for war, himself? Hardly a peacenik.

by Anonymousreply 2912/06/2017

[quote]Yes Dems did leave white working class straight males. The party hasn’t spoken about them since Carter.

Working class straight males left because they didn't want to share the party with people of color, women, and gays. Dems are the only ones who have fought for the working class. If those men would rather vote against their own interests than be a Dem, there's not much be done.

by Anonymousreply 3012/06/2017

OP,

Do the names Robert Bennet, Richard Lugar, and Eric Cantor ring a bell?

by Anonymousreply 3112/07/2017

R30 that's a simpleton opinion. Their concerns weren't met. So they left. Dems thought the party could survive and win with women and minorities. It can't. Ask Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 3212/07/2017

R32, their list of 'concerns' is topped by white male supremacy, which the Democratic Party is not interested in indulging. Those men started falling away during the civil rights era. Connect the dots - or don't, since you seem determined to deny the truth.

I'm a Mexican-American; I KNOW what those men think of being in a party with people like me. GTFO with their 'concerns'.

by Anonymousreply 3312/07/2017

Thank you, R33. I am in total agreement.

by Anonymousreply 3412/07/2017

Because the establishment Republican party is really the only party , so the Dems always defer to them. The are just in a supporting role as a fake opposition.

by Anonymousreply 3512/07/2017

Both parties do not care about the working class but the Dems cannot even fake it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 3612/07/2017

If the democrats cut Al Franken (whose allegations are very less), then the ethics committee can easily cut Roy Moore, and maybe there are others. Remember, coming down the pike is Trump's impeachment, and the Democrats can include the sexual assault claims.

Is it worth getting rid of Al Franken, who exercised poor judgement with women, to save us all from Roy Moore who is a known child predator? YES! I think this is their thinking.

by Anonymousreply 3712/07/2017

But Democrats don't care about white men or Al Franken, R37. The Democratic party is now the party of trannies, butt-hurt women with an axe to grind and racial minorities, a sure-fire, 100% guaranteed formula for political annihilation. Democrats can kiss 2018, 2020, 2022 and 2024, 2026, 2028 and 2030 goodbye.

Keep your heads held high, Democrats, as you go marching off the cliff into oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 3812/07/2017

People are so quick to say middle class white males are just racist. If one party shows that they have no interest in you, tells you your time in over, do you really blame them for sticking with the welcoming side. White women voted in high numbers for Trump. You think telling them that their husbands, their sons, need to step aside was going to work. These people vote.

by Anonymousreply 3912/07/2017

The Dems claim the moral high ground with this. It's a tough spot but it is the only way to position against the mendacious hypocrisy of the R's.

by Anonymousreply 4012/07/2017

[quote]their list of 'concerns' is topped by white male supremacy, which the Democratic Party is not interested in indulging

Accusing all white males of being white supremacists is the perfect stance to take if you wish to lose every election for the next twenty years.

by Anonymousreply 4112/07/2017

R33 The Deplorables may be dumb, but the GOP doesn’t belittle them like the Dems do. The Dems call the red states the flyover states, bubbas, etc. The Democrats act like bitchy judgmental gay men. No wonder they all hate us.

by Anonymousreply 4212/07/2017

R22, did you think that Catholics were being unfairly targeted when the pedo priests were being outed? Are we supposed to let these people off the hook because they're Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 4312/07/2017

R22, sexual harassment will be reduced but it's going to happen very, very slowly. Look how long it took just to get to this point.

The real change isn't the current level of sexual harassment/abuse but letting people speak instead of trying to shut them down no matter one's opinion of the situation.

by Anonymousreply 4412/07/2017

[quote]Yes Dems did leave white working class straight males. The party hasn’t spoken about them since Carter.I

John Edwards did, and he'd worked summers in a North Carolina cotton mill alongside his Dad, so he knew working class pain. But Omigod, he cheated on his wife and the scheming other woman got knocked up--of COURSE he can't be President! Sooo ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 4512/07/2017

The war on women being waged by the Democratic Party needs to end...

by Anonymousreply 4612/07/2017

Didnt he also used campaign money to finance the girlfriend and had a married employee claim to have had the affair and be the father of the child? Dude is slimey.

by Anonymousreply 4712/07/2017

[quote]did you think that Catholics were being unfairly targeted when the pedo priests were being outed? Are we supposed to let these people off the hook because they're Jewish?

EVERYONE should be exposed. But that's not what is happening. Jews are being targeted, highlighted and scapegoated. The rest remain in the shadows, safe in the knowledge that the media has aptly provided targets for the public's outrage.

An example of just how entrenched anti-Jewish bigotry and hated is in America can be gleaned in Conyer's demand that Franken resign, otherwise it's racism. Could you imagine anyone demanding that Moore or another non-Jewish official resign, otherwise it's anti-Jewish bigotry?

The public won't remember Spacey or Conyers as sexual abusers, but they will remember Weinstein and Franken.

by Anonymousreply 4812/07/2017

[quote]Jews are being targeted, highlighted and scapegoated.

If they are guilty as charged, then they should be.

by Anonymousreply 4912/08/2017

[quote]how entrenched anti-Jewish bigotry and hated is in America

The USA welcomed in the Jews with open arms. The "One percent" is almost fifty percent Jewish. How are Jews not thriving in the USA? Who the hell is holding them back and how?

by Anonymousreply 5012/08/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!